Type keyword(s) to search

Avery & Omar: ISIS, Shmisis

• Start Topic

On 1/4/2020 at 12:54 PM, AZChristian said:

I kind of wonder why she's still "Ms Mills" instead of Mrs "Albakkaur."  Do Muslim women take their husband's name?

“While it was not the custom during the Prophet’s lifetime, there are credible Muslim scholars who argue that “in cases where the laws of the land or rampant social customs dictate that a woman change her surname after marriage, in order to prevent legal problems or considerable social challenges, she may do so.” But,  ‘is closer to Islamic law and to the pleasure of Allah for a Muslim woman to not change her surname after her nikah (wedding contract).‘

• Love 3
8 hours ago, blubld43 said:

She has such gorgeous hajib( please correct me if I'm using the wrong word here). And I would definitely watch them in the Middle East, just the location would be interesting.

I think it's the one thing I really like about many women who wear the hajib (?) because they normally have a face "beat for the gawdz!" as RuPaul would say.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I still think Avery is annoying and ignorant as fuck - but even I have to admit her hijab’s are beautiful. She does have beautiful skin too which helps.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:13 PM, Christina said:

It's Avery's birthday. There are well wishes on her Twitter account, but it's showing as down for me at the moment. I think I have the wrong link address.

And no. I have no desire to see a Season of her in the Middle East.

• Love 7

I was watching them on the TLC app 90 Day What Now and Avery looks like she lost some weight but it’s har to tell in those hideous dresses she wears. She’s visiting Lebanon again to see Omar and meet his Mother, sister and nieces. They seem like nice ppl. Omar needs to fix mom’s teeth. Avery is still annoying as fuck. I don’t want to see more of her in the Middle East either. This was enough. 

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Avery has posted a comment online that I'm not able to link; I'm not sure why.

She said that her dad only has a few years left in prison and he asked her to find him a penpal/soul mate. then she said that they could be on Love after Lockup.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8

There is another clickbait article saying Avery and Omar are separated, which I didn't see, but Avery responded with this post and a comment says that the actual article says Avery is in the US working because she is sponsoring his visa. Big whoop, but here is Avery's post:

Listening to her talk to her father... she dropped right into his prison accent and forgot her demure Muslim wife act. I’m sure Omar wants to discuss poontang with his father in law. Anyone know what he was convicted of, he seems to have been in jail a long time. 

• Love 5

Good luck with getting someone from Syria a visa to the U.S.    So apparently moving there didn't work out?    And if there really is an arrest, then the background check will stop any possible visa approval.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Wow living in Dubai together as husband and wife------all that time since November 2020.

(sorry couldn't help it). 

You know what they say, if you make it through the first month...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I didn’t care for Avery but she seems to love her husband and he seems to love her. There was one point where she claimed she wanted to “dance in the street” because she is American but from everything else I have seen I think that scene was scripted. I think her and mom said the cell phone/asking about beatings scene was scripted.  She seems to understand that moving means adapting to that culture, she was very respectful to his family and they do seem to like her. She also never lied, he knew she was with men in the past and just recently converted. Avery’s mom seems to like Omar. I hope they stay in Dubai, I think they may just make it.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 13
On 1/8/2021 at 11:54 AM, sainte-chapelle said:

I didn’t care for Avery but she seems to love her husband and he seems to love her. There was one point where she claimed she wanted to “dance in the street” because she is American but from everything else I have seen I think that scene was scripted. I think her and mom said the cell phone/asking about beatings scene was scripted.  She seems to understand that moving means adapting to that culture, she was very respectful to his family and they do seem to like her. She also never lied, he knew she was with men in the past and just recently converted. Avery’s mom seems to like Omar. I hope they stay in Dubai, I think they may just make it.

I wish them nothing but the best as well. 

• Love 4
On 3/15/2021 at 1:44 PM, Frozendiva said:

I bet Grangela is seething through her teeth that Omar got his visa but Michael still has not.

I have to say for all of Avery's faults she wasn't as bad as alot of the past ladies who were marrying outside of their culture. I remember how she went to the that dinner with Omar's family and brought them nice gifts compared to Angela's bible quoted gun purse that Michael's mama got.  Avery dressed respectful unlike Rebecca when she was out in Tunsania with Zied and made an effort. I mean she's young and idealistic and foolish when it comes to certain things like the situation in Syria but I hope this couple well.

• Love 20

Omar has a profession, and if he's willing to go to two or three years of dental school in the U.S., and may even qualify for the programs that pay your way through school in return for working in underserved areas, he could go for free, and get paid too.      

Michael of Grangela has nothing except a future as her full time babysitter.   I bet Michael will wish he had never met Angela, and come to the U.S. when he does get his visa. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 14
59 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Avery dressed respectful

After watching all these dumb shows, Avery for the win in this category. Each outfit was beautiful. Wonder if she chose them herself or had help. She seemed completely comfortable both wearing the clothing and embracing his culture. Avery's attitude and Omar's path to dentistry put them both in a unique category amongst their peers on this show.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Omar has a profession, and if he's willing to go to two or three years of dental school in the U.S., and may even qualify for the programs that pay your way through school in return for working in underserved areas, he could go for free, and get paid too.      

Michael of Grangela has nothing except a future as her full time babysitter. 

Looks like we said almost the same thing. I hadn’t refreshed my page before my post.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

See, great minds do think alike. 

Omar is one of the few international fiancés/or husband/wife that I think has a great future here.     

More like me looking at this before I went to bed and posting a reply before I read anything new. Didn’t check notifications first. But yeah, great minds do think alike. Omar has a lot going for him and could build a successful dental career.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

See, great minds do think alike. 

Omar is one of the few international fiancés/or husband/wife that I think has a great future here.     

At least we wont see either of them posting their privates on Only Fans.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
(edited)

Actually, that's two years of dental school, not just college, and if he wants advanced training (oral surgery, orthodontics, etc.), he has to do a residency in that.     I'm happy for him, and Avery.  I'm so glad they're in the U.S. now, and safe.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
(edited)
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Actually, that's two years of dental school, not just college, and if he wants advanced training (oral surgery, orthodontics, etc.), he has to do a residency in that.     I'm happy for him, and Avery.  I'm so glad they're in the U.S. now, and safe.    

I understood her mother’s initial concern. I do think he was looking for an American bride but they did fall in love and he seems like a nice guy. I think his calm nature is a good balance for high strung Avery.  I am happy for them. No OnlyFans or other nonsense from these two.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 1
  • Love 13

Avery and Omar are people i would actually like to see, because their storylines would be interesting and authentic. A newly married couple, cultural adjustments, Omar’s schooling, Avery & Omar being Muslim while the rest of her extended family is not. 

I think Omar is cute, and I thought he seemed like he would treat Avery well. I’ve found that people who convert to a religion are often more devout than people raised in that religion(which makes sense)- I think Avery’s sincere and was committed to being a wife to Omar, and he may have wanted an USC bride but I don’t think he will hold her past against her. He also has a skill and is capable/interested in supporting a family.

But I 100% understand why they are done with this franchise and just want to live their lives. Public Instagram is one thing (they can control it and it’s just photos) but a camera following you and the asinine storylines can be too much and probably not healthy for the marriage. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 7/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Avery and Omar are people i would actually like to see, because their storylines would be interesting and authentic. A newly married couple, cultural adjustments, Omar’s schooling, Avery & Omar being Muslim while the rest of her extended family is not. 

Scarlet, Scarlet, Scarlet...but you know we cannot see them because they're, well, normal. The Lying Channel only wants crazy, offensive fuckwits like Grangela, Mike and Whatshername, etc.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 7/5/2021 at 1:42 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I think Omar is cute, and I thought he seemed like he would treat Avery well. I’ve found that people who convert to a religion are often more devout than people raised in that religion(which makes sense)- I think Avery’s sincere and was committed to being a wife to Omar, and he may have wanted an USC bride but I don’t think he will hold her past against her. He also has a skill and is capable/interested in supporting a family.

But I 100% understand why they are done with this franchise and just want to live their lives. Public Instagram is one thing (they can control it and it’s just photos) but a camera following you and the asinine storylines can be too much and probably not healthy for the marriage. 

Yes.  I saw a documentary on Youtube called becoming Muslim in Texas (or something to that effect) of people taking on the Muslim faith in ultra Christian Texas.  Very interesting but true to your statement. The one girl practically was barking orders to the rest of the women in the mosque and she just took on the faith a few years prior.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I don't know why I have that quote bar above but I was just coming to agree that often converts to a religion are often very devout.

I think part of the reason the cultural differences are not such obstacles for Avery and Omar is that if I remember correctly, she was already intrigued and in the process of converting to Islam before she met him. She wasn't doing it for him although I am sure that tipped the scales. It's several years ago since then so if I remember incorrectly- my apologies.And do please correct me.

• Love 4
On 7/31/2021 at 5:05 AM, Polliwollidoodle said:

I don't know why I have that quote bar above but I was just coming to agree that often converts to a religion are often very devout.

I think part of the reason the cultural differences are not such obstacles for Avery and Omar is that if I remember correctly, she was already intrigued and in the process of converting to Islam before she met him. She wasn't doing it for him although I am sure that tipped the scales. It's several years ago since then so if I remember incorrectly- my apologies.And do please correct me.

I think you are right. If I remember correctly, she had converted and went on a Muslim dating site where she met him. 

• Love 4
On 7/5/2021 at 12:42 PM, Scarlett45 said:

One thing I know about converts in Islam is that most other Muslims won't hold their pre-Islamic life against them. It's essentially wiped clean when they convert. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/31/2021 at 5:05 AM, Polliwollidoodle said:

On 8/9/2021 at 7:16 PM, libgirl2 said:

I think you are right. If I remember correctly, she had converted and went on a Muslim dating site where she met him. 

You guys are right. Avery had already converted when met Omar on an international Muslim dating site. I was a bit skeptical because I wondered why she hadn’t tried to meet any Muslim men in her metro area before going international but it’s worked out for them!

• Love 2