Type keyword(s) to search

Avery & Omar: ISIS, Shmisis

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Picture from Syria in the paper this morning

8 hours ago, Gobi said:

“And your point is?” - Avery 

IMG_20190901_100458.jpg

A peaceful protest in Syria. A Molotov cocktail thrown into a government building in Florida. Don't go to Florida because people are bombing Federal offices. 

• Love 7
On 8/26/2019 at 3:31 AM, charmed1 said:

Omar reminds me of Amy from season two of this show. Smart, attractive, classy, well-groomed, and educated. The antithesis of this show. I’d love to watch Pillow Talk with Amy, Omar, and Andrrrei’s dad as they sip tea somewhere. Alexei can drop by for cameo appearances.

Yes!  I thought I was the only one wishing for more level-headed, genuine people on the show!  As for Omar, I am really hoping he turns out to be the good man he appears to be.  I think he is handsome, smart and kind.  I would buy a mug with his face on it!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I don't buy for a minute that she wants to move to Syria to be with him-she wants to talk about moving to Syria to rebel and piss her mom off. 

Omar's too good for Avery. I actually feel kind of sorry for her. And honestly, not only would I be concerned about HER safety in Syria, if I were him I'd be concerned about my own as well. Avery has done a decent job of getting to know the Islamic beliefs and doctrine, as well as trying to learn about the culture, but she is so naive and whiny that I'd be afraid she'd get to Syria and piss the wrong people off. 

I have been to Syria. I've also been to active war zones. The war zones were terrible places to be. Avery attacks the idea like it's all going to be a black and white 1930's WWI movie. 

• Love 12

He tells her there’s no water or power. She says “only sometimes?”  He says “no, there’s no power or water ALL THE TIME”  She says “ oh that’s ok  we’ll make it work” “ I want to go”

Wait till her cellphone battery dies!! 

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't buy for a minute that she wants to move to Syria to be with him-she wants to talk about moving to Syria to rebel and piss her mom off. 

Omar's too good for Avery. I actually feel kind of sorry for her. And honestly, not only would I be concerned about HER safety in Syria, if I were him I'd be concerned about my own as well. Avery has done a decent job of getting to know the Islamic beliefs and doctrine, as well as trying to learn about the culture, but she is so naive and whiny that I'd be afraid she'd get to Syria and piss the wrong people off. 

I have been to Syria. I've also been to active war zones. The war zones were terrible places to be. Avery attacks the idea like it's all going to be a black and white 1930's WWI movie. 

Avery doesn't have any of what I believe would be the "normal" mannerisms of a woman born and raised Muslim: she doesn't defer to men automatically, she looks them in the eyes, I'm not Muslim or middle eastern and I see it plainly.  These are the kind of things that are going to cause problems IMO.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

He tells her there’s no water or power. She says “only sometimes?”  He says “no, there’s no power or water ALL THE TIME”  She says “ oh that’s ok  we’ll make it work” “ I want to go”

Wait till her cellphone battery dies!! 

Wait till her vibrator battery dies!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, not you again said:

I am so disgusted with this chick.  She's only 19!  I wonder if she felt unmoored once she aged out of the stringency of gymnastics and latched onto the stringency of Islam as a result. 

I think her mother is pushing the marriage because she knows that anything she is "for", is instantly less appealing to her immature daughter.  Hope it works.

I agree about her Mom.    Avery is not smart enough to get reverse psychology.  

Omar doesn't seem like he even wants to get married. I suspect in a few months Avery will pick up a new religion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/5/2019 at 11:53 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Has anybody verified Omar is a dentist?  I'm just not seeing that professionalism in him!

What has he done that makes it seem like he's unprofessional? He hasn't been an authoritarian tyrant. He hasn't been a shrieking mess. Honestly, he's probably the most reasonable and measured person in the cast this season. Also some people are very good at compartmentalizing. That being said, I still think he hasn't done anything that would lead me to believe he's unprofessional. Maybe I've missed something.

• Love 19
On 9/1/2019 at 7:44 PM, HunterHunted said:

A peaceful protest in Syria. A Molotov cocktail thrown into a government building in Florida. Don't go to Florida because people are bombing Federal offices. 

The article below with the molotov cocktail thrower was pretty ironic.

Unfortunately - it wasn’t just ISIS in Syria. There’s a pretty nasty civil war going on - and current Assad, like his father doesn’t give a fuck about bombing or using chemical weapons on his own people. She’s an idiot. I say let’s switch out her out of this country with somebody in Syria who’s rightfully and literally dying to get out.

Omar seems like a good guy, but he obviously has certain expectations about how his wife looks and comports herself. I don’t think she realizes fully when she gets bored with this phase - there’s no good old US of A to get her out. We don’t even have an official Embassy there.

• Love 6
On 9/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, HunterHunted said:

What has he done that makes it seem like he's unprofessional? He hasn't been an authoritarian tyrant. He hasn't been a shrieking mess. Honestly, he's probably the most reasonable and measured person in the cast this season. Also some people are very good at compartmentalizing. That being said, I still think he hasn't done anything that would lead me to believe he's unprofessional. Maybe I've missed something.

I agree, unless he is really good at hiding something, Omar is the most reasonable person around.  Employed, respectful of others, no hidden rage issues (yet - he strikes me as a chill dude.)  

7 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Omar seems like a good guy, but he obviously has certain expectations about how his wife looks and comports herself. I don’t think she realizes fully when she gets bored with this phase - there’s no good old US of A to get her out. We don’t even have an official Embassy there.

I don't think she is ever getting into Syria.  I am not spoiling, as I truly don't know, I just think the government won't let her in.  Not sure if he has any desire to come to the US.  I wonder why they don't try to move to Turkey or Lebanon?  But more importantly:  Where is her phone, lol?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree, unless he is really good at hiding something, Omar is the most reasonable person around.  Employed, respectful of others, no hidden rage issues (yet - he strikes me as a chill dude.)  

I don;t think she is ever getting into Syria.  I am not spoiling, as I truly don't know, I just think the government won't let her in.

I wouldn’t put it past her to want to sneak in foreign ISIS bride style. Fortunately - I agree Omar is too level headed to agree to this. Thank goodness he didn’t hook up with Nicole. He’d wake up one morning to find her pouncing on him. Does he have abs? He better watch his ass.

I do think he really wants to get to US and sees Avery as his potential ticket in. I don’t blame him. 

Come on over Omar - we got plenty of room. Please leave Avery behind though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Jennifersdc said:

I wouldn’t put it past her to want to sneak in foreign ISIS bride style. Fortunately - I agree Omar is too level headed to agree to this. Thank goodness he didn’t hook up with Nicole. He’d wake up one morning to find her pouncing on him. Does he have abs? He better watch his ass.

I do think he really wants to get to US and sees Avery as his potential ticket in. I don’t blame him. 

Come on over Omar - we got plenty of room. Please leave Avery behind though.

That is interesting that he wants to come to the US.  Has he expressed this?  I thought he was kinda sweet on Syria - why I am not sure.  I want to go outside and not have chemical weapons used on me, thanks.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That is interesting that he wants to come to the US.  Has he expressed this?  I thought he was kinda sweet on Syria - why I am not sure.  I want to go outside and not have chemical weapons used on me, thanks.

Exactly. You may love your homeland - but the chemical weapon thing is probably a deal killer. And likely cuts into his dental profession.

I believe I heard Avery say the plan was to get married and start the spousal visa process to get him over here (she’ll go back to US to start paperwork- but also wants to get a visa from Syria to live there meanwhile). The K-1 visa is probably a no go if you’re from Syria. She just doesn’t want to wait the couple of years it will take to be with him. I could be wrong though - but that was my takeaway.

Edited by Jennifersdc
One word
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I believe I heard Avery say the plan was to get married and start the spousal visa process to get him over here (she’ll go back to US to start paperwork- but also wants to get a visa from Syria to live there meanwhile). The K-1 visa is probably a no go if you’re from Syria. She just doesn’t want to wait the couple of years it will take to be with him. I could be wrong though - but that was my takeaway.

That's exactly what I heard as well.

They'll marry then she goes back to USA with her mom and starts the K1 process.

Once she gets that done she'll go to Syria with Omar and wait out the K1 while living together in Syria 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

That's exactly what I heard as well.

They'll marry then she goes back to USA with her mom and starts the K1 process.

Once she gets that done she'll go to Syria with Omar and wait out the K1 while living together in Syria 

And by this time she will pregnant, no less.  Because that always helps a stressful situation!!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And by this time she will pregnant, no less.  Because that always helps a stressful situation!!

Isn’t a visa to a foreign country only good for 90 days? Isn’t that why Nicole had to leave Azan. And that there’s a waiting period before you can get another visa to go back. 

Is Syria  going to allow Omar to have an American wife living there indefinitely? 

Where is Omar going to college? If things are that bad in Syria, are schools operating? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The comment that really resonated with me was Mother Avery saying that when she had to put the clothing on to enter the mosque she was taken with how much it was and she didn't know how Avery does this on a daily basis..........and then she said "Well Avery has not been Muslim in summer " yet or something to that effect. Talk about no power no water -chemicals in the air -destruction---- excuse me you mean no air conditioning? Oh see ya later this is too much fabric. I 'm outta here.

Edited by mayvenne
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, mayvenne said:

The comment that really resonated with me was Mother Avery saying that when she had to put the clothing on to enter the mosque she was taken with how much it was and she didn't know how Avery does this on a daily basis..........and then she said "Well Avery has not been Muslim in summer " yet or something to that effect. Talk about no power no water -chemicals in the air -destruction---- excuse me you mean no air conditioning? Oh see ya later this is too much fabric. I 'm outta here.

I think Avery is in way over her head... 

I really don't think she understands how basic and boring it will be day after day while Omar is away at school... I mean really what will she do all day?

Will she have a TV to watch if they don't have power?

Ugh sounds horrible to me... I like my creature comforts. 😊

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I really don't think she understands how basic and boring it will be day after day while Omar is away at school... I mean really what will she do all day?

No water, no electricity——-but she’ll have her makeup. Priorities !!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Avery has romantic notions of living in war torn Syria with Omar. I hope neither of them end up back there. Maybe Omar can finish his schooling or get a job in Lebanon. Avery is a silly child who has no concept of what her life will be like there, once there it will be hard to return to the US. I worry she will high tail It when things get tough, I so far like Omar and hope Avery doesn't get bored like she did with her vegetarian phase and leave him behind in Syria.

• Love 4

I honestly think Omar will get tired of her.  She's a cute girl now and devout because it's all new and exciting to her , but in a few years and after a few kids ; she's gonna look like Teri, sound like Teri, and probably act like Teri.  If Omar doesn't like Teri now; he's not going to be happy with Teri 2.0.  She's a brat and unless Avery grows up real fast; they will probably divorce b/c Omar can't handle that.  That or Avery will take off in pursuit of her next thing.  I dunno, but this is another couple where I want to do a citizen switch: let's keep Omar the respectful dentist and ditch Avery the flighty former  drunk gurl playing dress up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 8/6/2019 at 9:00 PM, iwasish said:

Going from dressing in a much more revealing way to covering herself up head to toe.... I wonder if she was sexually assaulted or someone attempted to assault her?

This thought has crossed my mind...

Just playing devil's advocate here for a minute.  Girl spends all those years as a gymnast, then stops, gains a mess o' weight and picks a religion with piles of clothes.   It's been all over the news the last few years about the rampant sexual abuse by coaches in gymnastics.

(I got both my degrees in Physchology and Psychiatry from Drs. Newhart and Crane)

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

It was probably a month ago when I came across a tweet by Avery's friend that was on the show. Someone had tweeted that she was the "biggest gymnast she ever saw" resulting in her friend losing weight and posting a photo. She shared some info about the show, like Avery was only in Lebanon for 10 days before she had to return home for her job. She works at Apple, I think, and lives on her own and had for about a year when she reverted to Islam.

That tweet lead to a Q&A with Avery where she shared some facts that haven't been shown, like she is Sunni, cannot speak Arabic but learned Syrian. If they have kids their primary language will be Arabic, etc. While trying to find that Q&A, I found this note, that is apparently from Facebook, but is posted on Reddit. Let's see if the link works:

Avery's story about her conversion was that it started when she attended a mosque with a friend, not that she found Omar first. 

I'm having computer problems but think this might be the Q&A I found awhile ago.

• Useful 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Interesting. Thanks for posting @Christina  Wonder if she is still a practicing Muslim and if she has any plans to do the legal marriage for the K1.  So much for her claims that she loves Omar and can’t live without him - she’s the same old Avery who just can’t live without the sex 😆 

Edited by Booger666
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Christina said:

It was probably a month ago when I came across a tweet by Avery's friend that was on the show. Someone had tweeted that she was the "biggest gymnast she ever saw" resulting in her friend losing weight and posting a photo. She shared some info about the show, like Avery was only in Lebanon for 10 days before she had to return home for her job. She works at Apple, I think, and lives on her own and had for about a year when she reverted to Islam.

That tweet lead to a Q&A with Avery where she shared some facts that haven't been shown, like she is Sunni, cannot speak Arabic but learned Syrian. If they have kids their primary language will be Arabic, etc. While trying to find that Q&A, I found this note, that is apparently from Facebook, but is posted on Reddit. Let's see if the link works:

Avery's story about her conversion was that it started when she attended a mosque with a friend, not that she found Omar first. 

I'm having computer problems but think this might be the Q&A I found awhile ago.

So they had a religious wedding so they could jiggy jiggy but not a legal one, correct?  Hey I was relieved to hear she has, and is keeping, a JOB!!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

So they had a religious wedding so they could jiggy jiggy but not a legal one, correct?  Hey I was relieved to hear she has, and is keeping, a JOB!!

Is it wrong that this news makes me respect Avery even more? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

The Blushing Bride 

EF18C6D4-6EF2-42C9-B0B1-D177EC75C5E6.jpeg

What was with that robe?  She bought a beautiful dress to have it covered up and no one told her?  I am shocked they actually got married but then Teri had to piss all over it by grumbling about not being a witness.  Teri, you said you wanted to SEE your daughter get married, not sign anything.  I know that Muslim wives are rarely at the ceremony at all so the fact that Avery was there was surprising.  To allow a Christian woman to sign anything was NEVER gonna happen.  Ever.  "I feel like I just sold you" - Teri.....please be quiet.  Show some respect.  I did feel for her when she left in tears because 1) her daughter was lying to her and 2) her daughter is gonna get tased with chemical gas.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, magemaud said:

At least Avery covered up that cross tattoo. That’s one decision she’s already regretting 

Yeah she was getting down with that makeup really good!!!  Next week:  "When Avery and I argue....she needs to listen to me."  Good luck with that, Omar.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yeah she was getting down with that makeup really good!!!  Next week:  "When Avery and I argue....she needs to listen to me."  Good luck with that, Omar.

Next week:  "When Avery and I argue....she needs to listen to me."  Good luck with that, Omar. I heard "She needs to be quiet". Even better luck to you missy Avery

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

Next week:  "When Avery and I argue....she needs to listen to me."  Good luck with that, Omar. I heard "She needs to be quiet". Even better luck to you missy Avery

Yep - I just saw the promo and you are correct - "She needs to listen to me" was the quote.  Avery?  Be quiet?  LOLOL!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I've seen multiple people think there's something that happened in Avery's past to cause her to make such a drastic change to her life and appearance -- I think the show already told us directly what happened: she was a serious gymnast and got injured. I certainly hope nothing more traumatic happened to her, but the gymnastics explanation explains it all for me.

I am basing my opinion on my experience doing 4 years of serious, but low level competitive gymnastics as a child. Gymnastics is your *life.* It's everything. I quit when I was 11, voluntarily, and while I knew it was a decision I had to make, that was a serious loss in my life. I went from doing gymnastics everyday, 15 hours a week, before school and after school, with teammates I loved, and coaches I loved, to doing nothing - and by nothing, I don't mean I stopped physical activity completely, but nothing that was at all comparable.

And I was only 11, had only done it for 4 years, had no dreams of the Olympics, and the decision was voluntary. Avery had a far bigger investment in gymnastics, it likely was part of her future goals, and she was forced to quit by her injury. That must have been a devastating loss for her.

She also went from burning an extreme amount of calories per day in an environment where you have little time to eat and pressure to eat very carefully, to burning minimal calories, having an amount of free time she is not used to, and having no compelling reason to need to eat healthy, at the same time as she is trying to cope with the loss of her gymnastics. It probably didn't take long for her to also be depressed over the loss of her gymnastics body.

It also reveals a lot about her personality. Gymnastics requires an extreme amount of sacrifice, dedication, and discipline, and an extreme tolerance for risk. There is nothing about competitive gymnastics that isn't extreme in pretty much every aspect.

Knowing all that, her current actions are not the least bit surprising to me. 

Edited by Evangeline
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8

I'm merely reading body language and facial expression, but Omar has malevolent under currents.

Am I crazy to think that he loathes her?

Not only has he shown no will to make compromises for her, but he seems to actively enjoy hammering her down with his culture, his rules, and his expectations. She will submit and comply by hook or by crook.

She's very young and I fear that she about to embark on a very traumatic episode of her life.

• Love 4
On 9/9/2019 at 4:09 PM, Joan of Argh said:

This! Hopefully she's intellectually curious and finds things to learn, but I wonder. She'll be bored bored bored, and probably bitch and moan if Omar leaves her side. I'm looking at you, Fernanda.

I love my creature comforts soooo much, baby.

36 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

I've seen multiple people think there's something that happened in Avery's past to cause her to make such a drastic change to her life and appearance -- I think the show already told us directly what happened: she was a serious gymnast and got injured. I certainly hope nothing more traumatic happened to her, but the gymnastics explanation I think it's all you would need to explain the change.

Avery had a far bigger investment in gymnastics, it likely was part of her future goals, and she was forced to quit by her injury. That must have been a devastating loss for her.

She also went from burning an extreme amount of calories per day in an environment where you have little time to eat and pressure to eat very carefully, to burning minimal calories. 

It also reveals a lot about her personality. Gymnastics requires an extreme amount of sacrifice, dedication, and discipline, and an extreme tolerance for risk. There is nothing about competitive gymnastics that isn't extreme in pretty much every aspect.

Knowing all that, her current actions are not the least bit surprising to me. 

Wow, thank you for a gymnast's perspective. I understand Avery better and her dilemmas. You are saying that her extreme decisions are because she's comfortable with mad rushes and adrenaline? It's a shame she wasn't able to use her competitiveness towards a higher education; idk if she has. A baby is the last thing she needs.

I wonder about Teri's other three children. Are they in gymnastics? Oh hell, I wonder about Teri. 

• Love 2
On 9/15/2019 at 11:58 PM, Christina said:

I believe I made this call in my first post about this dumb ass (finding Omar on a dating site and converting afterwards).  I also said her ass would never step inside Syria.  She's so fucking basic and predictable.  All of this is a charade for attention (which worked, she's collecting the TLC paycheck).  

I have no sympathy for her.  She's a grown assed woman.  She might be immature, stubborn, rebellious, defiant, and pigheaded, but she's an adult nonetheless.  

Syria can keep her...if she ever goes over there.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5
On 9/16/2019 at 5:23 AM, Booger666 said:

Interesting. Thanks for posting @Christina  Wonder if she is still a practicing Muslim and if she has any plans to do the legal marriage for the K1.  So much for her claims that she loves Omar and can’t live without him - she’s the same old Avery who just can’t live without the sex 😆 

Probably only if TLC comes a knockin' with another paycheck.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I say she’ll be back in America, hiding a big belly under that Muslim outfit. 

Teri can be as determined as she wants, but I doubt Omar is coming here. Periodontist!? We’ve got plenty of them.

I heard him telling Teri the area he live in Syria is nice. But didn’t he tell Avery there was  no running water or electricity for days at a time? 

• Love 2

The friend’s post re Avery’s marriage is interesting. I thought she had said the rush to marry in Lebanon was so that she could immediately apply for the spousal visa once home, which this person says is incorrect. 

Many thanks to @Evangeline for the insight from a serious gymnast.  Enjoyed reading that! She may have been no stranger to discipline which could explain some things.  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Kareem said:

The friend’s post re Avery’s marriage is interesting. I thought she had said the rush to marry in Lebanon was so that she could immediately apply for the spousal visa once home, which this person says is incorrect. 

Many thanks to @Evangeline for the insight from a serious gymnast.  Enjoyed reading that! She may have been no stranger to discipline which could explain some things.  

Day to day living with someone who believes he is worth 2 of you is going to grate. That shit she pulled in the hotel of pounding on his door and ordering him around, “ I told you to do this or that” “ why haven’t you done it!” Isn’t going to fly, not once her mommy isn’t there for her to run to. She’s going to be hearing a lot of “Be Quiet” or “ Stop” and her little know it all attitude is not going to be tolerated.  No electricity no air conditioning? Sit and swelter, stew on your own juices cause there no running water most of the time. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Day to day living with someone who believes he is worth 2 of you is going to grate. That shit she pulled in the hotel of pounding on his door and ordering him around, “ I told you to do this or that” “ why haven’t you done it!” Isn’t going to fly, not once her mommy isn’t there for her to run to. She’s going to be hearing a lot of “Be Quiet” or “ Stop” and her little know it all attitude is not going to be tolerated.  No electricity no air conditioning? Sit and swelter, stew on your own juices cause there no running water most of the time. 

Not sure what that has to do with me questioning the spousal visa requirements or liking the gymnast’s insight. Was nice to hear something other than Avery must have been sexually abused because she’s being fitted for a burqa theory, but ok... 

• Love 1

I don't think Avery ever had any intentions of living in Syria. Hell, even Omar wants to leave there and go to the US...I think Avery wanted to be on TV and considering what a hot topic Syria is at the moment, applied for the show with that being her "shocking" storyline. My guess is that she'll travel back to Lebanon to secure her place in next season's shitshow and then either Omar will be able to move to the US or they'll somehow drift apart and have the marriage annulled (or whatever they can do it it). She may genuinely like Omar and may even be a little infatuated with the culture and religion right now since she's still in the honeymoon phase of ALL of it, but once the excitement and shock to her family wears off, I don't think she'll press forward. 

• Love 13