Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/15/2019

Jaded
Message added by Aethera

Reminder: the ladies discussing politicians or the actions of political bodies on an episode of The View is NOT a license for you to post your own opinions on the matter. You can talk about THEIR opinions on it, but only in the context of what they said on the show. Review the political policy - the first bullet point applies specifically to this situation. 

• Start Topic

I found it interesting that the one Republican, tim Scott, Meghan quoted for "standing up" to Trump's racist statements had to start his statement with a long dump on Democrats' "far left" and "hateful" statements before actually criticizing trump's remarks.  There were a couple of other R's who spoke out without the inflammatory remarks against D's that she could have read. (unfortunately there weren't too many from which to choose!)  Instead she chose that one--sly way to underline her own feelings about the D's and again making the squad the face of the party (as noted above).  Kudos to Sunny for repeating her statement that Fox is the place making the squad the face of the party--she didn't say anything about Fox viewers as MM tried to imply--glad Sunny came back on that one.  Notice that MM's not getting away with as much of that these days.

So after everyone has talked about Sunny's attitude towards MM, I've started looking for it.  Definitely there--she really doesn't look at MM at all.  Someone referenced that we could find out why on the MM thread so i looked there and couldn't find it in the 65 pages of the thread.  Can anyone explain the reason for the cold shoulder?  

I do like Joel McHale--he's always a bit snarky and funny.  Miss The Soup!  We need a few more guests each week that are funny/light--some weeks it's just politics and serious stuff.  I can get that from the news!

• Love 22

Joy said in her day women didn't celebrate "their slutty behavior".  OK she is going to have to define slutty behavior.  I see nothing wrong with a woman not having to hide or make excuses for her sex life.  I swear to god since Joy got her eyes done she has been saying a lot of things that have been disappointing me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

So after everyone has talked about Sunny's attitude towards MM, I've started looking for it.  Definitely there--she really doesn't look at MM at all.  Someone referenced that we could find out why on the MM thread so i looked there and couldn't find it in the 65 pages of the thread.  Can anyone explain the reason for the cold shoulder?  

On air we saw this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 16
(edited)
26 minutes ago, falltime said:

On air we saw this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I also think Sunny might be pissed that Meghan and her people tried to pin leakes about About Meghan's bad behavior, on Sunny. I think there were 2 articles in Meghan's thread.

I quoted one of the posts with the  article on Meghan's thread. It was buried.  Enjoy the read from Meghan's PR firm

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
35 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Someone referenced that we could find out why on the MM thread so i looked there and couldn't find it in the 65 pages of the thread.

This article covers some of it.  There are more in-depth articles that have sources close to NutMeg saying that Sunny talked smack about NutMeg to them, at a party or something.  Sunny said things (allegedly!) like:  NutMeg is really not doing well on the show, I am worried about her.

NutMeg imo used her PR people to implicate Sunny as the leaker of all the bts drama to the media.  She's trying to get Sunny fired, or at least reprimanded.  

Since then, Sunny has successfully iced out NutMeg and, like today, even when she is replying to something NutMeg says, she looks away from her.  It's fabulous!

There are many posts about this in I believe the media thread and the NutMeg thread.  It got a lot of discussion, and also there are links to all of the articles on it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

This is why you can never give NutMeg credit. She always manages to take any goodwill towards her and fuck it up. She was right back to trying to blame Omar again for all the current bull going on without saying shit about her current party's leader.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I will be glad when Whoopi is done with that chatty bag of weed she must be currently smoking. I hope next time she gets the Shut the Fuck Up strain.  

Yeah, I wonder though -  Whoopi recently had pneumonia, a lung disorder, that certainly could have been partly caused by smoking.  I assume her doctors might have warned her not to smoke anything any more.   She does have a cannabis business, focusing on edible products for menstrual cramps  and other ailments.  (available in California and Colorado) 

Whoopi and Maya

• Love 3

Idiot NutMeg was back today, if she ever left.

• NutMeg completely twists what Sunny said about Fox news viewers, and Whoopi asks her if she herself said that and she said no Sunny said it.  Sunny reacts by looking straight ahead with a WTF look!
  • NutMeg reads from her blue cards all of the "horrible things" the squad said or did, mightily pissing off Whoopi.  Then when Whoopi does one of her talking to the viewer or the guy in the WH, NutMeg takes the "you" to mean her, and Whoopi quickly clarifies that she doesn't mean her and then does an eyeroll to the audience.
  • Joy starts telling a story about a woman she knew, and NutMeg, completely oblivious, starts to tell her own story.  Joy remains silent.  Later when asked what she thinks about the topic, Joy says she doesn't care.
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

NutMeg completely twists what Sunny said about Fox news viewers, and Whoopi asks her if she herself said that and she said no Sunny said it.  Sunny reacts by looking straight ahead with a WTF look!

I thought Sunny was going to go HAM on her with that, like she did long ago....IIRC, Sunny was on vacation and Meghan put words in her mouth about a subject; when Sunny returned, the first order of business was to correct what was said.  Meggie didn't like that at all.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

I thought Sunny was going to go HAM on her with that, like she did long ago....IIRC, Sunny was on vacation and Meghan put words in her mouth about a subject; when Sunny returned, the first order of business was to correct what was said.  Meggie didn't like that at all.

I thought so too, that after the break Sunny would do so.  She did restate the point that she was making that AOC is covered way more than McConnell on Fox.  Then NutMeg shot that down saying she is in a documentary on Netflix and she is everywhere.  Then Sunny also clarified that the censure in the House was not of Omar, but a broader resolution, and NutMeg got agitated by that and said there's a whole list of things about Omar.  Then NutMeg said: before this turns into what it is turning into I just want to say that I VOCIFEROUSLY, VOCIFEROUSLY came out against this yesterday.  Then she read off her blue card a quote from Tim Scott.

Here's an article that covers the exchange before the break.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/meghan-mccain-baffles-co-hosts-by-instantly-contradicting-herself-on-fox-news-and-aoc/

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, bannana said:

Whoopi quickly clarifies that she doesn't mean her and then does an eyeroll to the audience.

Why-OH-Why does Whoopi have to clarify every blinkin' time she says "you" when she means "all-a-y'all" and Meghan takes it personally?  This is a good example, ladies and germs, of a run-on sentence.

3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Then NutMeg said: before this turns into what it is turning into I just want to say that I VOCIFEROUSLY, VOCIFEROUSLY came out against this yesterday.  Then she read off her blue card a quote from Tim Scott.

VAH-ciferously, VAH-ciferously ... and we don't pronounce it that way in AZ.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

More success by Meghan's high-priced PR team.  In this week's TVGuide, she's pictured in the CHEERS & JEERS section...with the JEER going to "The View for losing sight of its intentions. Originally designed to showcase all sorts of perspec-tives, the ABC talk show has become such a one-sided conversation that conserva-tive cohost Meghan McCain is readly to bolt.  Like her or not, she represents a part of the audience that deserves a place at the table."

(Hmmm..."ready to bolt." Was the PR team in on that gag too?)

• LOL 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, bannana said:

Thanks for that link, Bannana. That article demonstrates very well how Miss Twitchy Lip contradicts herself continually. She is a mental lightweight, and when you watch the panel members at the table, she is now being completely ignored by Sunny, and Whoopi and Joy are no longer giving her much attention, and when she does say something, they kind of disregard it as inconsequential. I wonder what their pre show meetings are like.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I wonder what their pre show meetings are like.

I try to imagine Sunny freezing her out bts but I cannot imagine that is possible.  She might be frosty towards her but she has to talk to her, I would think.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

More success by Meghan's high-priced PR team.  In this week's TVGuide, she's pictured in the CHEERS & JEERS section...with the JEER going to "The View for losing sight of its intentions. Originally designed to showcase all sorts of perspec-tives, the ABC talk show has become such a one-sided conversation that conserva-tive cohost Meghan McCain is readly to bolt.  Like her or not, she represents a part of the audience that deserves a place at the table."

Snowflake. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Nobody is saying that side doesn't deserve a seat at the table. But Meghan does not. She acts like a child who doesn't play well with others.

• Love 24
14 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I wonder if she ever gets confused while eating at her favorite restaurant, PF Changs, and she hears the servers singing "Happy Birthday" to a nearby table. 

servers: Happy birthday to youuuuu, happy birthday to youuuuuuu

MM: it's not my birthday!

🤔

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Ok fine, bolt.

We don't care.

• Love 20

Let alone 3 - MM, AH, AN. Notice MM never includes full time Abby in her pity party and challenge.

I knew, and posted yesterday I didn't trust MM - and it was proved (at least to me) true.

ABC - you can't make most of us like her no matter how you control the rest of the panel - but not her.

Someone above said rinse, lather, repeat. So boring these days. Especially with Whoopi's blathering taking up the time.

• Love 12

Meghan was particularly screechy today.   I was having trouble hearing what anyone else was saying, as Meghan would SCREEEEEECH over them.  And that forced hysterical laugh!  

Too bad JOel Hale no longer has The Soup show  - he would be making fun of Meghan all the time.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, falltime said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I cannot stop laughing at this GIF, the only thing that would make it more perfect would be thought bubbles over Whoopi, Sunny and Joy’s heads going “WTF” or something 😂 These three accomplished and self made women are so over this brat and it completely shows on air, goodness knows what goes on behind the scenes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Meghan made the segment about Kelly Ann's comments all about George Conway! Way to deflect from the actual person who actually asked the reporter the completely rude question. Way to deflect Meghan. None of the hosts called her out on this. She kept on mentioning what George should be doing and how she knows all (I thought that was Clarissa😉) This is driving my blood pressure through the roof. Why do I keep watching?

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

I watch RHOBH and I know how ridiculous it is. I got so much pleasure out of Whoopi making fun of it. The main reason is, I know they only talk about it because of Meghan. She let Andy Cohen know  on WWHL last night (via Text?) That she watched with her mom. So the fact that she looked embarrassed as Whoopi made fun of it cracked me up.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

What just happened?  Ricky Gervais is talking about his 16 year old cat, Whoopie says she has a 19 year old cat and Meghan interjects something like “They crap on your pillow, they do.”  Ricky looks at her like she’s lost her mind.  What was that? I must have heard that wrong, except, unfortunately, I don’t think I did.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, longobongo said:

Meghan made the segment about Kelly Ann's comments all about George Conway! Way to deflect from the actual person who actually asked the reporter the completely rude question. Way to deflect Meghan. None of the hosts called her out on this. She kept on mentioning what George should be doing and how she knows all (I thought that was Clarissa😉) This is driving my blood pressure through the roof. Why do I keep watching?

If you watch Meghan talk about any of the racist bullshit,  she always brings up so many things and then the racism the President spewed.  It's like she has add everything else she can in order to call out Kellyanne and the President.  So of course she focused on George Conway first then threw in that Kellyanne was disgusting to say that. Just like she has to mention Bill Clinton everytime  Trumps relationship with Jeffrey Epstein is discussed.  Were talking about our sitting President.  

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

If you watch Meghan talk about any of the racist bullshit,  she always brings up so many things and then the racism the President spewed.

When she can't defend someone in her tribe she disparages someone not in her tribe.  It's like she thinks they will revoke her membership or something.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

What just happened?  Ricky Gervais is talking about his 16 year old cat, Whoopie says she has a 19 year old cat and Meghan interjects something like “They crap on your pillow, they do.”  Ricky looks at her like she’s lost her mind.  What was that? I must have heard that wrong, except, unfortunately, I don’t think I did.

😂🤣  This sounds like it was awesomely awkward to watch.  This show is still dead to me but I love Ricky Gervais so much that I had a fleeting moment where I thought I might tune in to see this moment but then I remembered that I hate Meghan McCain more so than I love Ricky Gervais, so my sabbatical shall continue. 

I did flip to it for the first time in over a month just as Meghan was introducing her Mother in audience as she was talking about, wait for it, her father.  And his cancer.  Lather, rinse, repeat, indeed.  Then they put up those old pics from that stupid app and when Whoopi's came up and they were all going on about how young she looked Meghan was YELLING at the top of her lungs.  OH MY GOD!!  YOU LOOK SO YOUNG!! NOT FAIR!!!!! NOT FAIR!!! OMG.  

So I'm good for another month. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

I, too, was expecting a long line of fill-ins for Abby and thought for sure Elisabeth and her trusty new bible accessory would show up.  Maybe they tried but they can't get anyone to actually want to join this shit storm even for a week or a day. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

yesterday, (I think?)  I caught a clip of Meaghan talking about "fuckboys"  And boy, she was pointing and calling out to the audience - "the young women in the audience - you know what I'm talking about!"   It was, I believe, in reference to The Bachelorette.  She bugged me.  The way she was pointing, shouting out to, women in the audience, doing her hysterical laugh as if she was being SO clever.  

Yeah, Meghan, fuckboys - guys who want a hook-up, a booty call, a love 'em and leave 'em  kind of guy, a cad, a player,  a guy who is "after only one thing."  See, I'm as old as WHoopi and I know what it means.  We just used different words back then.  

And Whoopi was TRYING to point out that sometimes women want casual hook-ups too.  That a guy who doesn't want a relationship isn't necessarily a bad guy who is taking advantage of a woman.  Meghan didn't want the point to be made, because she found a couple of women who clapped for HER, and she was going to prolong that moment as long as she could.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 13