Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/15/2019

Jaded
Message added by Aethera

Reminder: the ladies discussing politicians or the actions of political bodies on an episode of The View is NOT a license for you to post your own opinions on the matter. You can talk about THEIR opinions on it, but only in the context of what they said on the show. Review the political policy - the first bullet point applies specifically to this situation. 

• Start Topic

Monday, July 15 
Kumail Nanjiani and Dave Bautista (“Stuber”), “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, July 16 
Joel McHale (ABC’s “Card Sharks”)

Wednesday, July 17 
Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, July 18 
The Political View with 2020 democratic presidential candidate former Governor John Hickenlooper

Friday, July 19 
Ricky Gervais (“Deadly Sirius”; “After Life”)

• Love 6

I tuned in briefly to see if Sunny was still shading Me-Again. I'm happy to report that, at least during the few minutes I watched, Sunny was still not looking at Me-Again even though she was talking. All I heard was me, me, me, "As a Conservative," bullshit, so that's enough for today. Same shit, different day. 

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I tuned in briefly to see if Sunny was still shading Me-Again. I'm happy to report that, at least during the few minutes I watched, Sunny was still not looking at Me-Again even though she was talking. All I heard was me, me, me, "As a Conservative," bullshit, so that's enough for today. Same shit, different day. 

Yeah, I never really noticed it last week ( I listen more than I watch), but today I’ve been more aware. Sunny has not looked Meg’s way once. 

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, SeeMyDaintyPaws said:

Oh Meghan, you’ll never change will you!

This is no way to talk about the Princess of Arizona.

29 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I enjoy Whoopi, she's the reason I sometimes I tune in. I liked what she said about taking both sides and cameras to the border.

I actually agreed with Meghan, attack policies ,not the women. 

I stopped after that, I'm tired of  the deals, and the annoying woman that has everything she introduces. She must have another house just for her ' stuff'

The problem I have with whoopi saying that about the cameras. Is that we have to believe that our eyes are lying to us. That we didnt see crowded cages of men women and children. That we haven't heard from many many others of the filth and stench. We have to believe that Pence stood in that room with men who had not showered for 40 days and saw or smelled anything was wrong. It feels very both sides both sides to me. There is truth . The truth is out there if Whoopi needs the squad and Pence to go together with a camera crew wtf is watching?

I would agree with Meghan if she ever did the same.  She has misrepresented what Rep Omar has said and passed it as fact. It's things like that that creates hate built on lies. And Meghan has done that.

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

The problem I have with whoopi saying that about the cameras. Is that we have to believe that our eyes are lying to us. That we didnt see crowded cages of men women and children. That we haven't heard from many many others of the filth and stench. We have to believe that Pence stood in that room with men who had not showered for 40 days and saw or smelled anything was wrong. It feels very both sides both sides to me. There is truth . The truth is out there if Whoopi needs the squad and Pence to go together with a camera crew wtf is watching?

I would agree with Meghan if she ever did the same.  She has misrepresented what Rep Omar has said and passed it as fact. It's things like that that creates hate built on lies. And Meghan has done that.

You know what got me was the news images of Pence on his 'Oh Im Such A Great Guy' tour.  Blah double blah.  I bleep for whatever you got to say P.  Did i hear him say 'oh its not that bad...'  wtf?  Double wtf?   Those images of him visiting the men in cages.  They were pleading for his help and he blatantly ignored them. Why give them any words of hope eh?  like a trip to the bloody petting zoo. Except you cant even do that anymore because the kiddies are getting e-coli.  I digress. P your blood is stonecold man.

• Love 21
55 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

The first thing I thought of when I saw that one clip of Pence walking around the camp was this: 7B1AFAE0-4D6A-4189-A99D-B4DC6E800846.thumb.jpeg.60d5caa75e7f9c514692fc7511aaae14.jpeg

And he has the nerve to say it’s “not that bad?” I mean, how much worse does it have to be, Mr. VP? Need a few corpses scattered around for dramatic emphasis? Pence is just as bad as Trump, he’s just not dumb enough to put all of his vileness on Twitter. They both need to go.

I tuned in specifically today to see if Meghan would defend The Racist In Chief’s tweet about sending American born and legalized congresswomen “back to their country” because she stands up a lot for this man that she “hates so much,” so color me surprised when she didn’t. Also color me surprised that she criticized her “Uncle Lindsey” too. Quite naturally she had to make herself a victim (being a Conservative is so hard, waaaaaah) but kudos to her to not defending the indefensible I guess *shrug* I did like her dress today though.

• Love 23

How is it that nobody on that panel had heard of the Fairness Doctrine? It was a policy introduced in 1949 and enforced by the FCC that required any controversial issue of public importance have both sides heard from. It was revoked in 1987 by the Reagan administration.  Joy and Whoopi should have known this. I'm the same age as Sunny and I know this.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I am distracted with Joys eyes, is the shading in brown, coverying tiny scars( lid lift) her eyes appear so much smaller. 

I know, I'm shallow..I would love a lid lift,  but not if my eye look strange or smaller. . 

I agree. I wonder if she always yearned for that look.  If so, I hope she's happy with it.  Maybe those eyes will "settle down" in a few months.  Different eye makeup would help (what do I know...I don't do well when I try to use it).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I stopped after that, I'm tired of  the deals, and the annoying woman that has everything she introduces. She must have another house just for her ' stuff'

Maybe she and Sunny share a storage building...not a locker: a BUILDING!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, mongoose said:

Relying on this group to take good notes this week. Going in for hip replacement surgery and don't have a smart phone.

Best of luck on the hip replacement; mine was a BREEZE!  Of course, I compare it to my knee replacement that has given me pain/disability since February '16 ... actually March, because that's when the physical therapy aide broke my femur.  I think the knee would have been fine if not for that.  I have been gimping around on pain meds ever since.  Again, the hip replacement was and is GREAT!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

There are many things I don't care for about Meghan, but these tweets , I knew she would hate. So I wasn't surprised

I think its difficult, looking at your party, as she said she  did and not knowing it anymore. So yeah, I get where she is coming for.

I am distracted with Joys eyes, is the shading in brown, coverying tiny scars( lid lift) her eyes appear so much smaller. 

I know, I'm shallow..I would love a lid lift,  but not if my eye look strange or smaller. . 

I personally find it hard to understand how she can lament just how much the Republican party has changed but is also very quick to brag about how Republicans keep their eyes on the prize and bigger picture....this is basically why her party didn't speak out and exactly why she shouldn't have expected them to.  They're keeping their eyes on the prize and protecting their political careers, particularly those in states where Trump has a huge following.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, I never really noticed it last week ( I listen more than I watch), but today I’ve been more aware. Sunny has not looked Meg’s way once. 

You NEED to find a clip of Meghan's announcing the books she (supposedly) read this summer.  Sunny's in the background and it's a "joy" to watch.  It's probably in last week's Forum.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

How is it that nobody on that panel had heard of the Fairness Doctrine? It was a policy introduced in 1949 and enforced by the FCC that required any controversial issue of public importance have both sides heard from. It was revoked in 1987 by the Reagan administration.  Joy and Whoopi should have known this. I'm the same age as Sunny and I know this.

Thanks for bringing that up. Joy should have brought that up and counter Whoopie's nonsensical rant about fairness. I get tired of the panel acting like Whoopie is so knowledgeable about subjects she knows nothing about. 

Sunny continual shading of Nutmeg is giving me life. Megan's soliloquy about the state of her party left me cold. Even when she makes sense, I just can't side with her. 

• Love 20
53 minutes ago, shelen said:

First time posting here....

I am so fed up with Whoopie's statement,  "We are all immigrants here in the USA and only indigenous people are not."  She obviously can't tell the difference between the term immigrant and ancestor.

If you're BORN in the USA, you are not an immigrant of the USA.  My grandparents emigrated from Europe in the 1920's (my mom in 1950).  My ancestors were immigrants, not me.  I was born in South Carolina. The only place  from which I emigrated  was from inside my mother's body to outside my mother's body.

Very short trip.

I have no problem with what Whoopie said about we are all immigrants here. You are also correct in your post but you have to remember that people of color are constantly told they don't belong here and therefore should not enjoy the benefits of being American citizen. What constitutes who is a citizen goes back to slavery when Black people were three fifth of a person and were not given citizenship. The 14th amendment gave Black people citizenship and it also gave you citizenship as well who is a descendant of European immigrants. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Best of luck on the hip replacement; mine was a BREEZE!  Of course, I compare it to my knee replacement that has given me pain/disability since February '16 ... actually March, because that's when the physical therapy aide broke my femur.  I think the knee would have been fine if not for that.  I have been gimping around on pain meds ever since.  Again, the hip replacement was and is GREAT!

Thank you so much! Uh, both knees have to be replaced, too. This is all the fault of everyone on my mom's side of the family. Have put off the knees as long as possible, but the hip is new. They decided they might as well join in. i will remember your words tomorrow after surgery! Hope your knee gets much better, though. The pain meds dull pain, but they don't eliminate it. Would the doctor give it another try? 

• Love 1

I feel like they're really banking on Joe Biden to win and that's why they're always hyping him and also giving him tips lol. I hate primaries. I just want to get to the actual election already.

Also, don't they normally have replacement cohosts when on is on maternity leave? Why can't they have Ana, Tara, and some moderate on for the full week? 

Final note, get rid of View My Deal. It's the biggest waste of time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Poor Meghan. She's the spokeswoman who has to explain every day that her hallowed conservative Republican party is so fantastic, and yet today she registered disgust with the spineless Republican congress people who are not speaking out about Trump's racist remarks. In addition, 90% of Republicans think Trump is doing a great job. Talk about cognitive dissonance! Maybe she will renounce the Republican party and become an independent. Fat chance, since she's been a Republican conservative since she was in the womb, or so she thinks.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Exactly. And during a time when Omar was receiving death threats due to being misrepresented (and she's probably still getting them today), Meghan was doing the television circuit, pouring oil on the fire with a smirk on her face. She simply says whatever is convenient for her to say at the moment she says it, there's no real moral base within her.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, mongoose said:

Would the doctor give it another try? 

HaHA!  I won't give the doctor a second look!  No...I had an RFA (radio-frequency ablation) and that has been a miracle for dealing with pain.  It's "temporary," but the one for my broken femur (with a plate and several pins) has worked for over a year.  No more surgeries for me...hopefully.

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I get tired of the panel acting like Whoopie is so knowledgeable about subjects she knows nothing about. 

They probably tired of it long, long ago...but what can they do?  She has more power than the rest of them put together--and then Meghan's second.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have no problem with what Whoopie said about we are all immigrants here. You are also correct in your post but you have to remember that people of color are constantly told they don't belong here and therefore should not enjoy the benefits of being American citizen. What constitutes who is a citizen goes back to slavery when Black people were three fifth of a person and were not given citizenship. The 14th amendment gave Black people citizenship and it also gave you citizenship as well who is a descendant of European immigrants. 

Plus, Whoopi was responding to the fact that 3 of the 4 women Trump told to "go back where they came from" were born in this country when she was saying that, if he doesn't consider people who were born here to be true Americans because their parents or grandparents were immigrants, then he doesn't fit the definition either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Or mothers of Trump's own children.

I am dragging my heels complimenting MM for her comments today. She, herself added fuel to the fire in the past on the show. And now she is riding high PR wise for a 180 turn which she has never expressed before.

I think she will explode soon - it has been way too peaceful for the last week or so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Re Joy's eye make-up - she looked great a week ago, imo, but today her (heavy, black) eyeliner looked weirdly Cleopatra-like, with the 'wings' extending straight out from the corners of her eyes. That hasn't worked since Nefertiti (or at least Liz Taylor.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Re: Monday's show. Whoopi's incoherent and rambling pontification  and legislating (WG's "LISTEN" law) got on my last nerve (and i thought i had lost my last nerve long ago with her)

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

When they were still talking about Ilhan Omar in the second segment, I was just waiting for McCain to start shrieking that she’s “being attacked” and she “feels like a caged animal”! lmao I don’t know why she thinks she should be able to go down that road and attack Omar again, and yet she should not be criticized for her remarks about Omar this time around. Thank you, Sunny, for defending Omar since McCain wants to re-hash her borderline Islamophobic mischaracterizations again.

• Love 23

So when they were talking about whether an older gentleman who hadn't been in a serious relationship issue should raise a red flag, I thought it was interesting that Megan said that there are guys who are not up front about what they want.    I am not the world's best dater, but I truly believe that within 3-4 dates the guy will find a way to tell you what they are thinking.  When they say "I'm not in a place to date seriously right now, and just want to have fun" -- they mean it, and it is up to you to take that as you will.  The issue is whether you want to hear them.  To be fair, as a female I've said similar things to guys (or my friends have) and they didn't get the hint either.  I think Megan has an issue listening to others --  which color me shocked, lends me to believe she thinks everyone has to do what she wants and agree with her -- otherwise they are being mean/unfair.

• Love 14

I'm not sure if Sunny has had too much botox, fillers or plastic surgery on her face, but she is looking different for the worse.

I am sure she has too many hair extensions.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, burghgal said:

I think Megan has an issue listening to others --  which color me shocked, lends me to believe she thinks everyone has to do what she wants and agree with her -- otherwise they are being mean/unfair.

Color me SHOCKED, ah say, S-H-O-C-K-E-D !!!

It's fun to watch her pretend that Sunny's Shun doesn't bother her at all.

9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is wrong. The "squad" is not the face of the Democratic party.  Fox News is presenting them as such but they are not.

That's what Sunny was trying to say when Megan interrupted and misspoke about it.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Megabitch's word of the day: vociferously.

I just started watching today's show on DVR and MBitch said Her Word of the Day twice.  Mispronounced it, of course, twiceVAH-sihf...the rest is right.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4