Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think Nicole might be smart enough to say she likes someone that Grodner (and the casting department) obviously loves. 

^^^ This is an excellent thought.  IF that was indeed part of Nicole's strategy, then that is fucking brilliant.  IF that was a a conscious strategy on Nicole's part, then I wish that Nicole had shown up for the game.  Maybe that pile-on she endured early in the game took the stuffin's out of her, and made her too cautious, or rendered her too irrelevant to the rest of house to make a difference.

Then again....she is here guaranteed in the final three, and that was absolutely not something I'd see happen.  She surfed the wave of BB house politics very well.

• Love 8

For the record, I just went into the bathroom and I guess the husband broke out a new stick of deodorant and it's the emergency Old Spice deodorant that he got on a good sale a few months ago and I'm a little concerned now. 

Please send help. And maybe some bars of Dove soap. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Rbonnie said:

My Gd when will they have the veto meeting, it feels like a month since the competition

They'll have the meeting when Kathy finally gets out of the caramel. 

It's only been 9 years. She'll get there some day (if Britney stops kicking her in the head).

7-12-2010-big-brother-08.jpg

If you need a great laugh, here's a video of Kathy versus the caramel at this r/BigBrother link

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Snackson's an asshole and all that, but I don;t think him telling Holly how it is outside the house was a dick move. The two of them are NOT compatible. We've seen that over and over again. They;re tethered to each other for game purposes -- Holly is a loyal ally and also someone Snackson thinks he can beat. But the two of them barely like each other. They quarrel over the dumbest shit. They have anti-chemistry. There's a reason Jackson formed a tight bond with Nicole and Cliff -- they get along with him more on a day to day basis. 

I don't think Holly will be too broken up about it either. She's sort of weak and pathetic but she doesn't like Jackson. She thinks he's annoying and immature (which he is). 

This is a business arrangement of competitions and watermelons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It's only been 9 years. She'll get there some day (if Britney stops kicking her in the head).

If you need a great laugh, here's a video of Kathy versus the caramel at this r/BigBrother link

She definitely took her time on that one.

• LOL 5
40 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Obviously the saboteur. I saw the note left on my bed and it was clearly written by Kathy. 

• LOL 3
52 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That is so funny. LOL.

Just now, JD5166 said:

It’s so funny, I remember most of those people but I don’t remember who I hated the most (besides the braying, lispy Rachel). I also don’t remember who won that season...? 

Hayden Moss, the guy dressed like a fairy in the clip. 

BB12 was casting gold. Ragen versus Rachel (the "ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies"/"everything about you is fake" throwdown) is right up there with the GM/Amanda fight in BB15, IMO. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Damn so Cliff cashed in on a 401k to cover expenses after he quit his job to go on BB?

All those messages to his wife....if I had a husband and he jeopardized our future to go on a reality show.... wonder if she’ll be there when he gets back.   

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Damn so Cliff cashed in on a 401k to cover expenses after he quit his job to go on BB?

Ah, the good ol' Derrick "taking food from my daughter's mouth" argument. Absolutely no sympathy from me and I know that's what Cliff's going for.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 11

Yikes. Well, at least he almost got to the end. Imagine if he'd done it, and been first out. Well, there was Camp Comeback. But still... 

I like Cliff but what he does is like people who sell their house and put all the money into lottery tickets. Incredibly risky. (Unless he's making this up for leverage.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, TheRealT said:

Is it true that Cliff lost his job and/or cashed in his 401K? I thought he said that the money from winning the game wouldn't really make much difference in his life?

It sounds like it. He lost his job and then cashed in the 401K so that he could cover his family's expenses while he was on BB. What a jerkoff. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

It sounds like it. He lost his job and then cashed in the 401K so that he could cover his family's expenses while he was on BB. What a jerkoff. 

Did he lose it BECAUSE he was going on BB? Could he maybe get re-hired if the company thinks it's good PR? 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Did he lose it BECAUSE he was going on BB? Could he maybe get re-hired if the company thinks it's good PR? 

It doesn't sound like it, no. It seems like he lost the job first and since he was out of work, he was "free" to go on BB.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I think that's the first time "Big Brother Houseguest" and "good PR" has been in the same thought without the "is definitely NOT" in between.

FYI because I'm a dumb Canadian, I'm assuming that a 401k is like an RRSP out here which - oof. Isn't there penalties for cashing those out early?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Is it true that Cliff lost his job and/or cashed in his 401K? I thought he said that the money from winning the game wouldn't really make much difference in his life?

If hes had a few different jobs, he may have more than one 401k, and cashed in one to pay expenses while was on BB.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

That was great, thanks for the clip, I’d forgotten how funny Britney is and Ragan too.  As soon as I saw Lane again I wanted to punch his face.  Good times!  Wow, Zingbot looks so young there 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

This is a business arrangement of competitions and watermelons.

Too bad they're not compatible, as I want them to start their own farm called Steeds and Seeds. 

• LOL 7
52 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Yikes. Well, at least he almost got to the end. Imagine if he'd done it, and been first out. Well, there was Camp Comeback. But still... 

I like Cliff but what he does is like people who sell their house and put all the money into lottery tickets. Incredibly risky. (Unless he's making this up for leverage.) 

Or the ICU nurse I know who quit her job so she could be a "witch" who practiced "womb magic" and crystal healing and yoni steaming.

ETA: here she is. 

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • LOL 5
13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think that's the first time "Big Brother Houseguest" and "good PR" has been in the same thought without the "is definitely NOT" in between.

FYI because I'm a dumb Canadian, I'm assuming that a 401k is like an RRSP out here which - oof. Isn't there penalties for cashing those out early?

You pay income tax based on the amount withdrawn, then a 10% penalty on top of that.

• Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

He mentioned a couple of times worrying whether his wife had enough money to pay for COBRA health insurance so ... 

😲 COBRA is SO expensive!!  Mr. Zoltana got a new job and worked the first 3 months contract to hire and we decided to take our chances rather than pay the 1600/month.  I guess Cliff was REALLY hoping he'd make it to that jury money.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, zoltana said:

I guess Cliff was REALLY hoping he'd make it to that jury money.

They changed how it works this season, too. From what I understand, they get paid a premium weekly stipend for each week they're in the house and the regular stipend for being in the jury house. So the longer you last before being sent to jury, the more you make. They were trying to eliminate the whole, "Yay, we made jury, we get paid x amount of dollars no matter what!" sudden level of inactivity and caring that previous seasons have had. 

Which means that out of the jurors, Jack has made the least amount of money. Heh. 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

*cuddles my Tax Free Savings Account like whoa*

The money that goes in is "tax-deferred" meaning you pay no tax on the current income that goes into the 401k.  You can also buy a Roth IRA with after-tax money, all later earnings from that are tax-free.

No 401k penalty after age 59 1/2.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

The money that goes in is "tax-deferred" meaning you pay no tax on the current income that goes into the 401k.  You can also buy a Roth IRA with after-tax money, all later earnings from that are tax-free.

No 401k penalty after age 59 1/2.

That's... um... *tries not to cry at the thought of math* Can I interest you in some Kathy in the caramel?

• LOL 14

Cliff looks and acts like an older 54 year old. But in terms of maturity he just might be younger than Jackson. Who cashes in his retirement and risks his family's health to go on a game show? Hopefully he's making up some of the sob story to a) persuade Jackson and b) campaign even more (he never stops!) for AFP.

• Love 8

I always forget what 3rd and 4the place get? I guess Nicole, Tommy & maybe......Cliff would be the Top 3 vote getters for AFP?! That strictly from non feed watchers. Throw in us feed watchers and it’s all over the map. 

3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

For the record, I just went into the bathroom and I guess the husband broke out a new stick of deodorant and it's the emergency Old Spice deodorant that he got on a good sale a few months ago and I'm a little concerned now. 

Please send help. And maybe some bars of Dove soap. 

First find out if the husband uses it on his junk or under the arms.  You should be safe if its above the waist.

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I think he quit his job to go on the show.  The 401K thing was dumb if he cashed it. If you are not at the right age, you can roll it over and hold some of it back to help finances. Either way, you pay penalties for early withdrawal, but  dumb to cash it all.  

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I always forget what 3rd and 4the place get? I guess Nicole, Tommy & maybe......Cliff would be the Top 3 vote getters for AFP?! That strictly from non feed watchers. Throw in us feed watchers and it’s all over the map. 

I thought Jackson was saying the jurors get 12K this season.  He was also reading the rule book and pointed out the Top 5 get more for each spot.  Beth commented that getting to the final 3 would cover her debts and just recently she remarked that she owed about 20K.   It sounded like Tommy got 5000 for making it in the top 5 but it's speculation. 

1 hour ago, hhawks said:

First find out if the husband uses it on his junk or under the arms.  You should be safe if its above the waist.

Jackson said that Sis borrowed his deodorant a lot...could explain the crab cross contamination to Beth. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I like that Unpopular Opinions (of which I have several - for example, I didn't hate Paul!) are welcome here. No one shouts you down or mocks you for them. Plus I love hearing different points of view and often learn from them. 

Maybe in the Big Brother section but there are other sections of this site where that is not the case.  

13 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

You guys....  I was thinking back on how this season started, and how bummed out I was back then that the house was shaking out to the same factions as it always does:  Frat bros and popular girls vs. the freaks and geeks (others).  I resigned myself to a solid pagonging of the "others" contingent.

Then I realized, whoa, wow.  Two of the F&Gs made it to the end.  The end that I was convinced early on was going to be Jack, Jackson, Anallice, and Holly. 

Never in a million years did I think that Nicole or Cliff (especially Cliff) would be in the final four.  In any other season, I don't think that would have happened.  I feel like that's a "win" for the underdog in a way.

And a glimmer of hope is still alive that Jackson will have a bad day on the comp grounds, and Nicole takes it to the end.

Who would have thunk that Jessica of all people would make the key move that completely changed the game?

Same here, I was seriously thinking about not watching this season.  The Cliff won Camp Comeback and I wanted to see what happened.  I am glad I stuck around because while I am not crazy about Jackson winning, I do think he played the best game. 

Plus I always have a very small glimmer of hope that Nicole might somehow pick up the win.  It more than likely will not happen but I have to see it to the end.

13 hours ago, Melina22 said:

HurricaneVal, you summed up perfectly why this has been, bizarrely, one of my favourite seasons. 

(Sorry I didn't bold your name. I spent what felt like 10 minutes attempting to, but everything kept going berserk on my screen every time. Bad language may have occurred.) 

Same thing happens to me.  Every single time I try to bold something on here it bolds everything I write after the bolded word.  I try clicking on the B and it never matters, once the bold is locked on it is locked on.

12 hours ago, zscore said:

You are not alone. I did not hate Paul. A lot of people liked him. In fact he's Nicole's favorite player:

FYI, Jackson and Christie listed him as one of their favorites as well.

So Paul is the Parvati of Big Brother.  Nearly every woman who has played on Survivor always list Parvati as their favorite/player they most want to be like.  I just do not get it, hell Sandra won twice and nobody says she is their favorite/player they want to be like.

5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Hayden Moss, the guy dressed like a fairy in the clip. 

BB12 was casting gold. Ragen versus Rachel (the "ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies"/"everything about you is fake" throwdown) is right up there with the GM/Amanda fight in BB15, IMO. 

Nothing really to add besides the fact that I could not stand Ragen, the dude was such an asshole.

4 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Or the ICU nurse I know who quit her job so she could be a "witch" who practiced "womb magic" and crystal healing and yoni steaming.

I am not sure why this post cracked me up so much, but it did.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

"Benefits include menstrual cramps and pains, PMS, etc." with benefits like those, who needs enemies?

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, Mystery said:

"Benefits include menstrual cramps and pains, PMS, etc." with benefits like those, who needs enemies?

I’m guessing a “relief from” was inadvertently left out of the text.

... or maybe not; different strokes for different folks, and all....

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Apparently there is a rule against throwing competitions.  Who knew!  There is a survey asking if Holly should receive a penalty vote.  

SMH. 

I know B.B. plays fast and loose with rules but after Jackson’s stuff earlier that would be so wrong plus I don’t think Cliff and Nicole would appreciate it.  

Am I the only one that didn’t know you can’t ‘throw’ competitions?

ETA  Don’t they leave it to the HGs to complain about someone breaking the rules before they enforce the rules?  Lol may be making that up. 

Edited by Ellee