Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, xKHANx said:

Not sure where he is getting his insurance from but when I switched employers a while back, I got a cobra notice from my previous employer and the quote was for $587/Mo.  and I had the best insurance the hospital group had to offer.

Probably single vs family coverage. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

That is insanely expensive.  Seems like paying out of pocket would be cheaper, if no serious medical issues.  Holy cow. 

The Gov't charged a fine for not having coverage.  $695 per each adult in a family and $347.50 for each kid, OR 2.5% of salary, whichever was higher. For 2019 this fine was dropped. I was laid off in Sept 2018 and didn't work full time again until Aug 2019, and I went without insurance during that time. Luckily, I didn't need it.

1 hour ago, mooses said:

Also, so glad we won't be hearing, SKD143 on finale night. It doesn't take any longer to just say, "I love you!" Why insist on speaking in AIM code?

Yes and he says "one forty three"  which is more syllables than I love you. He's just so gimmicky with his pandering and his schticks. All contrived from the "before the wife" routine to his little ripping off the shirt after a win... Whatever Cliff.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes and he says "one forty three"  which is more syllables than I love you. He's just so gimmicky with his pandering and his schticks. All contrived from the "before the wife" routine to his little ripping off the shirt after a win... Whatever Cliff.

So is SKD 143 him saying I love you to his family?    LOL...my family kept on thinking that was a shout out to his fellow union/co-workers!!!

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, S.Batts said:

So is SKD 143 him saying I love you to his family?    LOL...my family kept on thinking that was a shout out to his fellow union/co-workers!!!

That's exactly what I thought till I read otherwise here. Actually, it's better than him saying all their names super fast, to me at least, so I'm not complaining. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, S.Batts said:

This COBRA insurance you have mentioned, is it $1600 a month or a year?   

It would have been per month.  That was the cost for the plan with the highest deductible.  You could pay more and get a lower deductible.  Insurance rates are crazy here.  It's especially confusing because with good insurance and with some government aid policies you can go to the pharmacy and pay anywhere from 0 - $15 per prescription.  Without you're paying full price.  We found a discount pharmacy card and that has helped a lot!  We're about 2 weeks away from full coverage through the new job and luckily this particular employer pays for everything so this will be the fist time in years where we won't be paying but still have good insurance.  What I find frustrating is there are so many companies that limit their employees to how many hours they can turn in per week because once you hit a certain amount of hours you're considered full time and eligible for benefits, but if they keep you under full time hours then they don't have to offer benefits.  

There are some great government aid programs here, but applying for benefits is a long and drawn out process and has lots of hoops to jump through and requires a very low annual household income.  

• Useful 2

If Cliff would have been evicted a week ago or two or three I would have said, good for him, an older family man,  (I’m older than he is so I like to see the boomers do well); it’s tough when you’re older to handle all the physicality required... so good for him, he lasted so long, blah blah.

But he stayed too long, all his ickiness has been pouring out and now none of us like him and he lost his shot at F3 and F2, nevermind winning, and also forget AFH.  His shtick has grown wearisome.  Plus he’s practically begging for sympathy and that makes me uncomfortable.  Big Brother is an adventure, it is not a job.  If you can’t afford the adventure, don’t do it.  I thoroughly understand this is on his bucket list, and I assume he discussed it with his precious family that he lives and breathes for, and they decided it was doable. Someone upthread made some good point, that his family is grown and can bring in income too.  And that if he told Sharon to use points if she couldn’t afford to fly to see him, well that means they’ve traveled plenty before.  They don’t seem to be firmly in the poorhouse.  I read that he was laid off after many years at his previous job, but quickly got this new one, as he’s an experienced professional.  Then they told him he could only be gone X amount of weeks before they would be forced to give the position to someone else but he could reapply when he came back.  I’m not saying they don’t feel a little squeezed, I habe no clue, but I don’t see how they can have nothing put away to get them through three months without his pay.

Three weeks ago he was still in the running for AFH. He is overdoing it and it’s backfiring.  Now I just want him off my TV; he’s making me twitch

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, zoltana said:

It would have been per month.  That was the cost for the plan with the highest deductible.  You could pay more and get a lower deductible.  Insurance rates are crazy here.  It's especially confusing because with good insurance and with some government aid policies you can go to the pharmacy and pay anywhere from 0 - $15 per prescription.  Without you're paying full price.  We found a discount pharmacy card and that has helped a lot!  We're about 2 weeks away from full coverage through the new job and luckily this particular employer pays for everything so this will be the fist time in years where we won't be paying but still have good insurance.  What I find frustrating is there are so many companies that limit their employees to how many hours they can turn in per week because once you hit a certain amount of hours you're considered full time and eligible for benefits, but if they keep you under full time hours then they don't have to offer benefits.  

There are some great government aid programs here, but applying for benefits is a long and drawn out process and has lots of hoops to jump through and requires a very low annual household income.  

Just out of curiosity, if one say had to remove their appendix and had no insurance, do you know roughly how much that would cost?  Or even having a baby for instance.  

Your medical insurance system in the US is crazy.   There are some companies here in Canada that do the same, if you work say less than 20 hours per week, you cannot get benefits.   But you could buy your basic medical at $75 per month for a single person.  That does not include dental.  Coming January 1st, that $75 will be eliminated and basic medical will be free.   

Edited by S.Batts
ETA - sorry for going off topic
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I'm sure he's not dumb enough to ENTIRELY cash out his 401K, but if you're even dipping into it to cover expenses at home for your wife and children so that you can go on a reality show that you know that you are unlikely to win based on past seasons? That's still terribly reckless. 

It reminds me of the classic "Am I The Asshole?" story of the guy who used money his in-laws gave him to start a college savings account for his infant daughter on his old truck instead...

Mhmmm I kind of feel that the asshole here is also the dealer who has this car sitting there for how many years? And when the original owner magically shows up after forever and it’s his very own car,  just at that exact moment someone is on their way from Colorado to buy it.  Just at that very moment after all those years.  So the original guy offers him more and the dealer “lets” him buy it

this guy’s story is not passing the sniff test on several levels, but I did enjoy reading it nevertheless 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, S.Batts said:

Just out of curiosity, if one say had to remove their appendix and had no insurance, do you know roughly how much that would cost?  Or even having a baby for instance.  

Your medical insurance system in the US is crazy.   There are some companies here in Canada that do the same, if you work say less than 20 hours per week, you cannot get benefits.   But you could buy your basic medical at $75 per month for a single person.  That does not include dental.  Coming January 1st, that $75 will be eliminated and basic medical will be free.   

Let’s put it this way. I gambled without insurance, had a heart attack and I’ll never financially recover. I’ve lost everything I’ve ever worked for including my dignity.  

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Let’s put it this way. I gambled without insurance, had a heart attack and I’ll never financially recover. I’ve lost everything I’ve ever worked for including my dignity.  

I'm sorry for you.  No one should have to go through something like that.  

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Oh no! I'm so sorry. That makes me so angry at..... never mind. I have many things to say, none of which adhere to my own guidelines for what not to discuss online. So I'll just say...hang in there. Good things can still happen to you.

Some years ago, after I felt I'd lost everything, I read something that stuck with me. "No one knows enough to be a pessimist." A strange, unlikely series of events turned things around for me, and my life improved. Not so much financially but in other ways. It's never too late. 

Meanwhile we all appreciate your great posts here. 😊

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Oh, no!  That’s terrible. Terrible.  I hope you are physically better now!  It’s hard to recover financially but I’ll never believe you’ve lost your dignity, even though it may feel that way to you, I’m sure it does not to others.  My friends had to bury their 3 year old, they had insurance but it was not enough for everything, they wound up foreclosing their home and declaring bankruptcy.  No one ever thought anything bad about them at all, not for a second, just heartbroken for their loss, but my friend was miserable about having to do that and she felt embarrassed.  Also, I myself got cancer in my early 30’s, very unexpected of course, but idk what I would have done without my insurance.  Then again I have a friend in Toronto who goes to Buffalo NY whenever something medically important toes on in their family.  She says the wait is too long in Canada. So I don’t know the solution, but what happened to you is awful. I wish you the best 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, himela said:

I'm sorry, I am not caught up. I heard that Cliff has made some ugly comments about Kemi and David, do we know what he said? Also, why do people dislike him now? Thanks!

We don't all dislike him. I don't. (But most do here I think.) He's done various things people take exception to, things I feel could be taken different ways, compared to, say, some of Jack's comments which were more straightforwardly offensive. But that's just my take. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Thanks all but I’m saying this because I promised myself that I would always encourage people to find a way to have health insurance.  I gambled and I lost.  It’s just me.

I don’t ever want a family to be in this position.  The stress is unbearable and I don’t want any family, especially with children, to go through it. 

• Love 18
48 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I am so sorry. Just curious: have you tried go fund me? I have donated plenty for medical bills and every little bit helps. 

13 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I am so sorry. Just curious: have you tried go fund me? I have donated plenty for medical bills and every little bit helps. 

Never thought about that but that’s just not me. 

Where there’s a will there is a way.   I’ll find a way. 

These forums are my therapy.  I get my giggles and laughs and keep on going. 😁

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

We don't all dislike him. I don't. (But most do here I think.) He's done various things people take exception to, things I feel could be taken different ways, compared to, say, some of Jack's comments which were more straightforwardly offensive. But that's just my take. 

He's made some comments about Kemi and particularly David that I've found objectionable but I also can't stand him for other reasons. I don't respect his game, he's been voted out once, he's boring on the feeds, his DRs are fake and scripted, and he is constantly pandering for AFP.

Other than that though...

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

So any chance Jackson changes his mind to evict Holly? N/C have each told him (falsely) that if they keep Cliff they would both pick Jackson to go to F2. So it's a guarantee. And they are saying that Cliff and Nicole - if in Jury - would vote against him (and campaign that way too) whereas Holly is a guaranteed vote in jury. 

I'm not buying Cliff's whining either.  Big Oil pays lots of money to overseas employees. He's doing a lot of pandering for $25K

3 hours ago, xKHANx said:

Not sure where he is getting his insurance from but when I switched employers a while back, I got a cobra notice from my previous employer and the quote was for $587/Mo.  and I had the best insurance the hospital group had to offer.

My individual Cobra was $600 back in 2009.  Today I pay $550 with a $3K deductible, and the $25 copay for office visit.  Most diagnostic stuff is covered by the ACA.

2 hours ago, S.Batts said:

A no frills baby delivery averages about $10K.

Also, Medicare is not free.  An automatic deduction comes out of the Social Security payment.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Also, Medicare is not free.  An automatic deduction comes out of the Social Security payment.

WHAT?!??!?!!!  This is the first I heard of that and I am nearing SS time!  Boy it just never ends for the working people.  That SS came right out of our paychecks.  I thought Medicare was included automatically.  Sigh.  That stinks 

5 minutes ago, Rbonnie said:

WHAT?!??!?!!!  This is the first I heard of that and I am nearing SS time!  Boy it just never ends for the working people.  That SS came right out of our paychecks.  I thought Medicare was included automatically.  Sigh.  That stinks 

That's what my 70 yo friend tells me.  He was a public administrator so I assume he knows this stuff.

plus you need to get an additional policy to cover what Medicare doesn’t cover and an additional prescription plan. It’s all quite expensive! And there is no dental included either.

Edited by hoosiermom
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

They are really sanitizing Jackson and Holly and crapping all over Cliff ( albeit deservedly in his case). There's no way he gets even close to AFH. Go Nicole!!!

But, Jackson is an honorable man. <sarcasm>

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

As much as Jackson is an ass i'm having a hard time sympathizing with Cliff. He's a dumbass. Also it rubbed me the wrong way that he was STILL a snot to Ovi. Ovi the guy who baked cookies for everyone and never lost his temper even against a lot of bullying.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

A no frills baby delivery averages about $10K.

No Frills is a budget grocery store in Canada so this gave me a huge giggle. The babies probably come in different brands: No Name, President's Choice, and President's Choice Black Label for the really fancy ones that you get to impress your friends when you're hosting dinner. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

I really enjoyed seeing Ovi again, albeit briefly, but I found the rest of the episode equal parts boring and cringy. On my TV the Veto competition lasted approximately 3 hours. No detail was spared! But that was enjoyable compared to seeing Cliff making the worst deals in history, telling Nicole after Jackson won Veto "We're in the final 3!" and then Jackson kneeling and praying to God to help him win Veto. 

I'm usually very chill and easy to please during BB, but tonight was a first - I rolled my eyes so many times I think I sprained them. 

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

No Frills is a budget grocery store in Canada so this gave me a huge giggle. The babies probably come in different brands: No Name, President's Choice, and President's Choice Black Label for the really fancy ones that you get to impress your friends when you're hosting dinner. 

You're right! There's one near me! Good for you to pick up on that. I didn't, because I was in a coma from shock at the idea of a $10,000 baby! 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

You're right! There's one near me! Good for you to pick up on that. I didn't, because I was in a coma from shock at the idea of a $10,000 baby! 

Right? Like, eight years ago or something like that (math, bah), a Honda Civic took me out at the knees as I was walking to the bus stop. A five days hospital stay, surgery from the head of the orthopedic department, hardware holding my broken arm together, alllll the drugs, and it cost me a couple boxes of Timbits and a veggie platter for the nursing staff when I left. An average KFC delivery dinner costs me more. This shit is astounding me. 

I still have no sympathy for Cliff, though. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

10k is nothing. My NYC c-section baby was over 40k (covered by insurance.)

This episode WAS so boring. Also, I knew Cliff was annoying, but I honestly didn't know he was this stupid. Damn. 

Yep!  10k is US average.  Mississippi is 4k, NY/NJ/CT is 20k.  c-sections are at least double.

Stupid Cliff has a F2 with everybody and a F3 with Nicole.  Dumbass

• Love 2

Did you all catch that incredibly romantic profession of love from Jackson? "Holly is my world... in this house. And outside she'll always be my best friend. I'll never turn my back on her."

Way to cover all your bases, Jackson!

(I was going to make a bunny boiler joke but that would be sexist.) 😁 😁 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

What??? How are there even any people in the US? I'm surprised there are any babies born to non-millionaires. I'm gobsmacked. And saddened by the idea of families who can't have a baby because it costs too much money. 😓

Insurance must be worth its weight in gold down there. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Unpopular opinion but Jackson should be mad.
Nicole did screw the pooch on this one. She should have been ruthless and let it happen on Thursday night.
Nobody really cares about giving his word. Nicole has said several times she would give it and break it. And if Dr Will is there, he will make mince meat out of "the word".

That being said, GO NICOLE!

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Insurance must be worth its weight in gold down there. 

Pretty much. My dad had a brain aneurysm in 1992. In 1992 money, his medical bills were close to $300,000 and my mom essentially didn't have to pay anything due to their excellent insurance. 

Meanwhile, when my mom passed away this year from ALS, her medical coverage was also roughly $300,000 (2019 dollars though), but the stuff that WASN'T covered still practically wiped my dad out, to the point where, financially, he was "lucky" that she died when she did, or else he probably would have been wiped out eventually ($9, 000 out of pocket a month). But he gets to use her great insurance until he passes, at least, so that's something. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

About 15 years ago I was going thru some family papers and I found the receipt from the hospital for my birth. God knows why Mom&Dad kept that. Anyway the bill came to $99.

Won't tell you the year but the wheel had been invented.

• LOL 18
33 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Meanwhile, when my mom passed away this year from ALS, her medical coverage was also roughly $300,000 (2019 dollars though), but the stuff that WASN'T covered still practically wiped my dad out, to the point where, financially, he was "lucky" that she died when she did, or else he probably would have been wiped out eventually ($9, 000 out of pocket a month). But he gets to use her great insurance until he passes, at least, so that's something. 

I'm in shock. And I'm not just saying this. I can't imagine the horror of having to spend all your life savings on medical care in your retirement, and still losing your spouse. Your poor dad. 

Maybe it's good we have to stay on topic because hearing about this stuff is very upsetting. Let's talk about Jackson and his $10,000 watermelon 🍉 fund! 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I buy only the finest brand of baby when hosting my friends for dinner.

giphy.gif

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I mean, they totally know that you normally have the No Name yellow box version hanging around but appearances, yo. 

I joke but I also half expect those stupid Etsy commercials to go that way. Look at my hand hammered copper earrings! Look at my vintage possibly radioactive drinking glasses! Look at my ethically sourced handcrafted baby! Etsy.com!

• LOL 7
3 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Why Alice, you're so elegant and sophisticated with your fancy martini and top grade Low Frills baby. I had no idea! But maybe smoke less. It's unpopular. 

• LOL 9

Cliff lives close to me. He's lived in his house (in a nice subdivision) more than 20 years. His expenses shouldn't be such that he blew all of his 401K in a matter of months, particularly if he's had a decent job.

That is pathetic to even bring that up. If you can't afford to quit your job to play a game for up to 3-4 months over the summer (and most people cannot), that's the risk YOU took, buddy. Not Jackson.

• Love 19

I’m older then Cliff but he looks a lot older then I do. I’m 55. I love my eight figure 401k too much to part with it for a game show. He’s nuts if he really did cash out. That is sooooo dumb.  Now, he can look forward to trying to find a job at his age and working for the next 10 years. 

Cliff did the hard sell to Jackson about the jury votes. It would have been more impacts if Nicole had been there in the room with them. Cliff and Nicole always have good plans & ideas but horrible execution.

• Love 2