Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Severed Ties Part 1

• Start Topic

Colt and Larissa attempt to reignite their sex life. Nicole's trip hits a roadblock. Ashley decides the fate of her marriage. Chantel drops a bomb on Pedro. Elizabeth gives Andrei a wakeup call. Buried emotions get stirred up for Pao.

Aren't there places Russ can work so Pao can be near a city, where there are people other than just white people?  Maybe they don't belong together at all.

And where did Nicole run off to at the end?  Was anybody else surprised that Azan bailed?  

Loved Chantel and her girlfriends.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Aren't there places Russ can work so Pao can be near a city, where there are people other than just white people?

Of course there are.  Pao just wants to be in Miami.

• Love 9
(edited)
57 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Of course there are.  Pao just wants to be in Miami.

Well, so do I, but that's another story. 😀

Is there a thread for 90 Day Fiance:  The Other Way?

It's on the TLC website and OMG, these folks are...I don't know, extra, extra.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Aren't there places Russ can work so Pao can be near a city, where there are people other than just white people?  Maybe they don't belong together at all.

And where did Nicole run off to at the end?  Was anybody else surprised that Azan bailed?  

Chantals friends remind me of myself in a bad way, because how many times have I told a friend she is right on and that guy is wrong based on hearing one side of the story.  I wonder where winter (Autumn?) waa going after, she looked way more dresses up.

Oklahoma City should have some people of color.  I feel like pao didn't even hear that part.

• Love 1

I was shocked, SHOCKED I say, that Azan won’t be joining Nicole in Grenada. Those two crazy kids! I’m dying to know what his excuse is. Will he blame it on Grenada (hmmm, that sounds like it should be a title of a song), some sort of holy day, or him having to do his imaginary job at their imaginary store? Or maybe all three? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I was shocked, SHOCKED I say, that Azan won’t be joining Nicole in Grenada. Those two crazy kids! I’m dying to know what his excuse is. Will he blame it on Grenada (hmmm, that sounds like it should be a title of a song), some sort of holy day, or him having to do his imaginary job at their imaginary store? Or maybe all three? 

It's Ramadan for sure.

But I'm interested too.  I mean this has to be an act, right?  At this point any logical adult, who has had a number of letdowns would be smart enough not to start talking about marriage and making smug face before she lands in Grenada and sees azan.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's Ramadan for sure.

But I'm interested too.  I mean this has to be an act, right?  At this point any logical adult, who has had a number of letdowns would be smart enough not to start talking about marriage and making smug face before she lands in Grenada and sees azan.  

Why doesn’t her mom, instead if wasting money on airline tickets to Morocco, hire a private investigator to do a background check on Azan, find out if he ever even applied for a visa, find out who he is and even though Nicole won’t believe any of it, they might be able to use it as leverage if there are issues with May.

Edited by iwasish
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13

Pao is awful.

Nicole looks larger in every episode!  Poor May- Nicole totally ignored her absorbed in talking to her world and then stormed out of the house not a care for her daugher who was left alone with the camera crew and producer.

This is mean but Chantel got the good genes; do she and Winter have the same parents?  Was the dad married before or something?  And if Chantel cared so much about saving her marriage she should have done something before now- counseling , following through with moving to Savannah, sticking up for her husband..............leaving and cleaving, honey.  Going to the islands , when your depressed can't wait to get away from you husband has told you not to......this won't end well.  I love how they set up the parent Chantel talk at THEIR GOODHEARTED THING THAT THEY SET UP!  Face it viewers, Family Chantel is so cultured, so giving, and so wonderful.  Open your mouth and let them cram it in.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Hell no.

In fact, I suspect Nicole buys plane tickets and Azan cashes them in (if that's possible, but I'm assuming if she's buying tickets in his name, he could do this).  

I don't believe he was turned away at customs in Korea or wherever their last destination meet up was supposed to happen.  I think he cashed in that ticket and never even left Morocco.  

I wish I could muster up one single fuck to give, but she's just so odious that I can't help but laugh when shit like this happens to her.  

Ugh.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
20 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The sky is gray today and I’m in a bit of a funk, so I figure I’ll go buy some dog toys to cheer me up. Since it worked so well for Debbie.

Forty dollars on cat toys.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'm assuming Azan called off Grenada with some stupid excuse that will somehow make him a bit wealthier.  Nicole isn't  totally delusional.  If she was, she would repeat Azan's tale to the cameras with a naive smile.   But she is competent to know on some level she's  being played.  She runs away to prevent the I Told You Sos.  She creates new drama ( running away/ hiding) to change the direction of thought.

Did she go out the window of her room?  How did the camera crew miss her leaving?

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, BengalKitty said:

I'm assuming Azan called off Grenada with some stupid excuse that will somehow make him a bit wealthier.  Nicole isn't  totally delusional.  If she was, she would repeat Azan's tale to the cameras with a naive smile.   But she is competent to know on some level she's  being played.  She runs away to prevent the I Told You Sos.  She creates new drama ( running away/ hiding) to change the direction of thought.

Did she go out the window of her room?  How did the camera crew miss her leaving?

One would think it would be challenging to hide that carcass.  How was this supposed to be a romantic romp in Grenada with May and Dad Nicole there?  I did notice Dad Nicole trimmed the Amish beard after the live gator bday party.  He seems off though; I wonder what he does for a living.  I could see the post office.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Is showing public displays of affection the most important thing to Nicole? Is this why she is spending a fortune on a 3 week trip to Grenada? The girl is ridiculous.  How can she think Azan wants to marry her.  I feel bad for her daughter having a kook for a mom.  

Pao uses tears and the baby to get her way with Russ. Unless he wants to end the marriage she will always call the shots.

According to Larissa, Coltee is not very good at sex. Can't wait to see that session with the therapist.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

According to Larissa, Coltee is not very good at sex. Can't wait to see that session with the therapist.  

Colt bad at sex?  Shocking!  Debbie's never had any complaints so how bad could it be?

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, BengalKitty said:

Nicole going thru the window!! I swear this room has so many comedy writers.😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/29/2019 at 9:20 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I wish I could muster up one single fuck to give, but she's just so odious that I can't help but laugh when shit like this happens to her.  

She does indeed deserve everything he does.  I feel no sympathy for Nicole either as my sympathy is reserved for May.

4 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Nicole going thru the window!! I swear this room has so many comedy writers.😂

She fit????? 

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

So a few simple calculations.

A ticket to Grenada for Nicole and May would be about $700 minimum. For Azan it would be minimum $1700. Say they stayed at a budget hotel for $80/night. That’s $4K alone. No idea how much it costs to feed Nicole a day. Say they can get by on $50/day. That’s $5K that we believe Nicole somehow came up with in a matter of weeks?

If our highly qualified former barista made $12/hr (I’ll be nice and assume that’s after tax given her low income level). That’s 417 hours of work or 10 weeks - assuming of course she’d work 40 hours a week which we all know she wouldn’t.

So either TLC was paying or she wasted most of her Season paycheck on this fruitless escapade. Well she gave $6K of last Season’s straight to Azan - so I guess that’s about right.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

No idea how much it costs to feed Nicole a day. 

Probably wouldn't cost anything, she could just go into the ocean and feed on plankton.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Don’t know the full story about An-dddrrrrei, but he seems like he’s one second away from going postal on Elizabeth or anyone else who is within an arm’s length. “Tightly wound” doesn’t come close to describing him. He scares the crap out of me, and I’m just sitting on my couch in the comfort and safety of my own home.

• Love 21

If I were Pao, I wouldn't want to live in Oklahoma either. She is self-centered, but Russ was stupid to think a spit-fire Latina would be happy in that white bread environment.

Chantel's family is fucking dangerous. They are so attention seeking that they will say any old fucking bullshit. Chantel does not need security to protect her from her husband; she needs protection from them. And while I absolutely do not trust Pedro's sister and mother, Chantel is the worst fucking wife ever.

Nicole is too stupid to live. Also, it's Ramadan now but not on the show, so Azan cannot use that as an excuse. Although, maybe he could. She's too stupid to fact check.

Debbie is kind of gross and I hope Larissa can get her green card and escape them. She's earned that green card after fucking Colt even once. Eww.

I haven't been watching closely. Can someone tell me what Andrei's problem is? Does he actually not want to work?

I like the Pillow Talk episodes that come after these. Can't believe Dean has drunk the foreign chick Kool-Aid.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
47 minutes ago, politichick said:

Nicole is too stupid to live. Also, it's Ramadan now but not on the show, so Azan cannot use that as an excuse. Although, maybe he could. She's too stupid to fact check.

Debbie is kind of gross and I hope Larissa can get her green card and escape them. She's earned that green card after fucking Colt even once. Eww.

AMEN!!!!!

• Love 4

Two things:

1.  *I* want to be able to afford a 3 week trip to Grenada.  Alas, I work for a living. 

2. I’m a Midwesterner.   Minnesota/Wisconsin.  We invented boring-bland-midwestern nice.  But Russ’ family is too much bland-nice for me.   I fall asleep when they are on tv.  “I spoke to other Latino (not Latina, she said Latino) women” indeed.  Blah. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 5/28/2019 at 6:56 PM, Neurochick said:

Aren't there places Russ can work so Pao can be near a city, where there are people other than just white people?

I believe Russ had a job opportunity in Seattle which sounded like a good solution to me.  I guess Pao must've talked him out it.  It's Miami or bust (or maybe both) for her!

• Love 5

Pao is only concerned about Pao.  She up and moved to Miami without Ros (except probably all financed by him) and didn't care if he followed her or not.  She doesn't care what is better for her "little baby" or about compromising on a new city that would suit them both ; she just wants to get her way.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I believe Russ had a job opportunity in Seattle which sounded like a good solution to me.  I guess Pao must've talked him out it.  It's Miami or bust (or maybe both) for her!

Yeah, it would be harder for me to side with her on that one.  Seattle has a very vibrant and diverse scene.  I don't think it's conservative at all.  Yes, it rains a lot, but when the weather is nice you couldn't find a more beautiful place.  It's also away from Russ's family.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Two things:

1.  *I* want to be able to afford a 3 week trip to Grenada.  Alas, I work for a living. 

2. I’m a Midwesterner.   Minnesota/Wisconsin.  We invented boring-bland-midwestern nice.  But Russ’ family is too much bland-nice for me.   I fall asleep when they are on tv.  “I spoke to other Latino (not Latina, she said Latino) women” indeed.  Blah. 

I am from Minnesota as well, born and bred and I laughed out loud at your post.  I agree Russ' family is pretty bland but hey they are dull.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

A ticket to Grenada for Nicole and May would be about $700 minimum. 

Nitpicky question but at age 5, doesn't May need her own seat on the plane (and thus a second, $700 plane ticket)?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Are they going to Grenada or Granada?   All this time I thought they were "meeting somewhere in the middle".  I swear idiot Nicole said that once.  I clearly imagine my own story line with that dumb dumb.

• LOL 2

The only way they could have made the Nicole storyline better is if production had caught her escaping by hopping a fence ala’ Colton, The Bachelor. 

Of course, Colton jumped a fence with ease and Nicole’s jump would have been something like:

corgi-trying-and-failing-to-jump-over-a-

Missed opportunity for some quality gifs, TLC.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lids said:

The only way they could have made the Nicole storyline better is if production had caught her escaping by hopping a fence ala’ Colton, The Bachelor. 

Of course, Colton jumped a fence with ease and Nicole’s jump would have been something like:

corgi-trying-and-failing-to-jump-over-a-

Missed opportunity for some quality gifs, TLC.

TLC gave me indignant Natalie on a scooter, so I can never be mad at their gif game.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 2:36 PM, politichick said:

If I were Pao, I wouldn't want to live in Oklahoma either. She is self-centered, but Russ was stupid to think a spit-fire Latina would be happy in that white bread environment.

Chantel's family is fucking dangerous. They are so attention seeking that they will say any old fucking bullshit. Chantel does not need security to protect her from her husband; she needs protection from them. And while I absolutely do not trust Pedro's sister and mother, Chantel is the worst fucking wife ever.

I haven't been watching closely. Can someone tell me what Andrei's problem is? Does he actually not want to work?

I like the Pillow Talk episodes that come after these. Can't believe Dean has drunk the foreign chick Kool-Aid.

I caught the Pillow Talk episodes on YouTube. Dean is hilarious and, surprisingly, Annie and David are a hoot too and have such a good time together.  If you miss The People's Couch, you will love this! 

Edited by Rebky
Unnecessary capitalization and bad punctuation
  • Love 2