Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Severed Ties Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

When Nicole took the call from Azan cancelling Grenada she was laying on the floor doing a coffee grinder type move.  I get she is little but it just seemed so random.  I don't blame her, she has a mom who is basically an addict.  Think about it:  A meth/coke/alcohol addict cares about NOTHING other then getting that fix.  Nothing.  She is the same way with Azan.  Put may in a car to drive around at 2am looking for something Azan wants mailed to him ASAP?  SUre thing - just like going to meet your dealer at 2am or rushing to the liquor store at 9pm before it closes even though May should be in bed for about an hour by 9pm.

May is a sharp kid, she’s lived with Nicole’s Azan obsession long enough to sense when shit is going down. She knew trouble was in the air. You can see how she reads Nicole’s voice and body language, and runs in to lay on the floor flopping and spinning. Almost like she’s trying to escape from it. I bet when the cameras aren’t there and Nicole ends up in tears after an Azan call, May is forced to listen to the wailing and sobbing.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, KariLois said:

And who could blame her?  I wouldn’t live in Oklahoma for any salary.  Pao was miserable there and it is Russ’ job to make her happy.  He can find similar jobs in Texas, etc.  And it is true that his family completely slut shamed her.  If Pao is the stronger personality in the relationship, that’s fine.  She is just as much as a person as Russ, and I am on her side.  

I can blame her.  If she didn't want to live in Oklahoma, that's fine.  But basically leaving your husband and not caring if he follows because there are no jobs for him there is sort of brat behavior.  Marriage is about compromise; she could have sat down with him and gone over where to move together.  It's not Roose's job to make her happy; she's not 6.  She's an adult that needs to take responsibility for herself and her actions.  I can understand she wasn't happy in Oklahoma, but she should have talked with Roose about it and worked out a plan together.  Sometimes as a 30 year old, you aren't always going to be happy about everything- you deal with your emotions and work with your spouse.  Or else you stay single or marry someone who is going to live where you want to begin with.  Not to mention how she's treated Roose and allowed Juan to treat him.  Roose has done everything she's asked.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 24
20 hours ago, Drogo said:

Pedro's family is just as bad as Chantel's.  Those two could probably be so happy if they packed all their shit, changed their phone numbers and moved to Miami. 

*Pedro could also pursue his modeling career.

I think Pedro's mom needs to wear foundation closer to her actual skin color.  A lighter foundation only makes you look ashy.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, KariLois said:

And who could blame her?  I wouldn’t live in Oklahoma for any salary.  Pao was miserable there and it is Russ’ job to make her happy.  He can find similar jobs in Texas, etc.  And it is true that his family completely slut shamed her.  If Pao is the stronger personality in the relationship, that’s fine.  She is just as much as a person as Russ, and I am on her side.  

Yes, but Russ was offered a good job in Seattle. If you can deal with the rain, it's a great city. Pao shut that down right away. Why? Because the only place she wants to live is Miami or maybe back in Colombia. She's a selfish, controlling woman. There is no compromise with her.  I can't imagine her with a baby, having to care for and think of someone other than herself. Russ really should have left her in Miami where she was happiest. He would have been a lot better off, too. Now they have a baby which only complicates things. 

Edited by bichonblitz
wrong country
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Shaun also pissed me off when she told Libby's sister that everyone felt sorry for Andrei because the family is so mean to him. Um, no Shaun. NOBODY feels sorry for lazy, asshole, short fused, know it all Andrei. Shaun is the worst! 

I was in my living room like

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

If Nicole wants to make some money. She should do a PPV of someone smacking that fucking smirk off of her face. I'd pay at least $19.99 to watch that.

I'd (and I am sure others) who pay twice as much to participate

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, millennium said:

"Do not terrorize me with your pregnancy!"

The new "she's big a little bit"

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

Nicole needs to stay home and work to get an apartment for her and Mae. Mae needs to be in school. As a only child, being in kindergarten will help her socialize. There is a lot more to kindergarten then the drawing pictures Nicole thinks is all they do.

I work in a rigorous K-5 school, we focus on Classical Education.  Kids take Latin!  My point?  It is a rigorous day from 8:30 to 3:30.......lots and LOTS of following directions, learning to be one of a group and yes, playtime at the end of day.  But Choicetime does not come until 2:45.....lots of Reading, Math, Writing, Specials (Art Music, PE and Latin) and yes Recess and lunch but it is a loooong day.

If Nicole thinks Kindergarten is just coloring all day that shows how dismissive she is.  I am 54, and I am here to tell you, as someone on the inside, kindergarten is what first grade used to be.  The thinking is now preschool is what kindergarten used to be.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

If Nicole thinks Kindergarten is just coloring all day that shows how dismissive she is.  I am 54, and I am here to tell you, as someone on the inside, kindergarten is what first grade used to be.  The thinking is now preschool is what kindergarten used to be.

Agreed.  My preschool was pretty much live through the day and play your face off.  My nephew is learning Spanish at his.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I work in a rigorous K-5 school, we focus on Classical Education.  Kids take Latin!  My point?  It is a rigorous day from 8:30 to 3:30.......lots and LOTS of following directions, learning to be one of a group and yes, playtime at the end of day.

What a rewarding day you must have!  I only have one kid who is now 30 but I always felt like it was my job to provide her with enrichment.  We lived in DC so it was easy but Latin, wow.

In the end, I feel so sorry for Mae.  I think the best thing for her was for production to contact child services to report Mae had been abandoned.  She had been.

• Love 5

Is the over-arching message here "men kinda suck, regardless of provenance"? Because that seems to be the common thread. Sure, these women are pitifully delusional - but the show seems to normalize that. Colt feels he bought a sex doll; Andrei feels he wormed his way into prosperity, Azan was tricking someone into paying for his life; 

• Love 4

Instead of The Family Chantal series, I propose that Nicole get one, since she doesn't fit on Happily Ever After.

1000 Day (and counting) "Fiance"

48 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Is the over-arching message here "men kinda suck, regardless of provenance"? Because that seems to be the common thread. Sure, these women are pitifully delusional - but the show seems to normalize that. Colt feels he bought a sex doll; Andrei feels he wormed his way into prosperity, Azan was tricking someone into paying for his life; 

I think the over-arching message here is that everyone, regardless of gender, involved on this show kinda sucks.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
On 6/2/2019 at 4:00 PM, Neurochick said:

In Azan's aunts case I thought it was more religious/cultural.  I also didn't feel Azan's aunts were bigoted.  

For me, I got a bigoted vibe from Russ's family, like the type who refer to black people as "Negroes."

Or "Colored"  I hate that term.  I always say "What color are they?".  Silence.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Pedro's mom needs to wear foundation closer to her actual skin color.  A lighter foundation only makes you look ashy.

I'm thinking she might have that condition some black women have where they have patches of white.  I think the name of the condition is vitiligo.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm thinking she might have that condition some black women have where they have patches of white.  I think the name of the condition is vitiligo.

It's just a condition, not only for black women.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

It's just a condition, not only for black women.

Caucasian with vitiligo here, on my arms and neck.   More noticeable in the summertime (the affected areas don't tan) but I generally stay out of the sun anyway so the effect isn't that dramatic.

• Love 3

Ugh, Colt is the worst.  Larissa wants to be an astronaut because she likes NASA.  He automatically wants her to wear something sexy.  He is such a worm.  She is really just a sex doll to him.

Girl, be an astronaut!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think it's vitiligo.  It looks like she tried to get some discount laser work done and ended up with skin damage.  Or she got a chemical peel and it all went terribly wrong.  The top layer of her skin looks damaged, but she doesn't look old.  It's weird.

Her outfit was giving me mariachi band realness.  Her style fits right in with all the other 90DF attorneys.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

No opinions on the midwife? No one, just me? 

I mean, where would you even start?  

Most times it's like "oh look at that toupee, that's crazy!" or "this attorney is dressed is Amish, ha ha" or "why is colts cousin wearing swim trunks to the wedding?"

But there was so much going in with the midwife.  So much.  Too much.  And she has seven kids..... goodness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2019 at 10:20 AM, Elizzikra said:

Nitpicky question but at age 5, doesn't May need her own seat on the plane (and thus a second, $700 plane ticket)?

I think you mean a third $700 plane ticket.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, KariLois said:

I just personally don't think one's happiness is the responsibility of someone else.  If Pao wants to be happy somewhere, she will be so.  If she doesn't want to be happy, she won't be.  Being dependent on someone else to make one happy relieves that person for all responsibility about how one feels.  Pao doesn't want to live any where else that isn't Miami so she will never be happy somewhere else.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

This sounds terrible, I know, but growing up in a tiny Appalachian county, I was in middle school on the other side of the state before I ever attended school with an African American. Our county was not ethnically diverse. I was 4 years old before I'd ever met an African American in person and I was (apparently, according to my mother) really excited. We were in a shopping mall in another state and she says I acted like I'd just seen a movie star. I ran up to the family and was trying to invite them home with me for dinner...IF I knew any Jewish people when I was growing up then I didn't realize they were Jewish at the time. I was raised to be non-prejudiced, but I had few opportunities to put it into practice. This is one of the reasons why we thought long and hard about what to do with our kids when they started school. We definitely wanted them exposed to a more diverse group of people. Probably also the reason why I went into Anthropology. 

It's weird that there are still parts of the country where this can happen, but it does. 

Ugh, I briefly lived in small town east Texas when I was 9.  

My grandfather (a local icon) was contacted because I was playing with the "colored" kids at at recess and having lunch with the "colored" kids.  

Yes, it was a relatively small school but the white kid playing with the "colored" kids was positively scandalous, even in 1969.  

(No amount of lecturing stopped me, though...those "colored" kids were awesome!)

14 hours ago, iwasish said:

I think brother Nicole and stepdad Nicole will be involved in that bidding war. 

That email stepdad received was dated August of 2018. I’d love to know who sent it.  From the quick glance at it, it seemed to be written in English. Loved how Nicole just flounced out to plan her next trip to Morocco, which will probably include them getting married!!!!

Please please please let him leave her standing there with her little bouquet and vows clutched in her hammy fist. And stepdad on FaceTime asking how the stores going!!

Is it wrong that I giggled and wondered if a PTV'er had written Joe that email?  It appeared very articulate yet to the point.  

13 hours ago, millennium said:

"Do not terrorize me with your pregnancy!"

^^^ This will never NOT be hilarious.  

• Love 6

Pao was miserable there and it is Russ’ job to make her happy.

I cannot wait to get home tonight and inform my husband that it's his job to make me happy. This is going to be fun.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

This sounds terrible, I know, but growing up in a tiny Appalachian county, I was in middle school on the other side of the state before I ever attended school with an African American. Our county was not ethnically diverse. I was 4 years old before I'd ever met an African American in person and I was (apparently, according to my mother) really excited. We were in a shopping mall in another state and she says I acted like I'd just seen a movie star. I ran up to the family and was trying to invite them home with me for dinner...IF I knew any Jewish people when I was growing up then I didn't realize they were Jewish at the time. I was raised to be non-prejudiced, but I had few opportunities to put it into practice. This is one of the reasons why we thought long and hard about what to do with our kids when they started school. We definitely wanted them exposed to a more diverse group of people. Probably also the reason why I went into Anthropology. 

It's weird that there are still parts of the country where this can happen, but it does. 

(raises hand). And I grew up in a blue collar community outside Boston, in the 60's, graduated high school in 1972. There was not one person of color in my high school graduating class. There were a few African American kids the year ahead of me, and a few behind, but not ONE in my class. A class of over 400 people. A tiny  handful of Jewish kids.  You could count on the fingers of one hand the number of Hispanic or Asian American people.  I didn't know any people of color to talk to until I moved to Boston at 20. 20 years old! 

15 hours ago, LucyEth said:

She told her friends at the girls night out he is using the money from their bank account for his stay in the DR

Yeah, I'm reserving judgment on this. We don't know if Chantel has contributed one dime to "our" savings. I wouldn't put it past her to say that to make Pedro look bad and get her friends on her side. She still thinks her husband and sister-in-law went to her parents' house with a plan to attack her brother, for crying out loud. 

2 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

All you guys need to lay off Nicole!! If Scamzan says its ok, then it's okayyyyy!! If he needs to cancel everything, it's fine!! He was totally excited to go and he can't wait to see her so it's FINE! He didn't ditch out on anything!! They are gonna get married and May will go to foreigner school and they are FINE!! Just because Scamzan had a legit family emergency and she ran and hid under the house does not mean that there's a problem!! None of this is intentional!! 

I'm still laughing. She storms off. Well, lumbers off. Where did she go? Why did her mother get in her car and rush over? (My mother would have laughed in the face of anyone who called her and told her I'd flounced out in a huff and to come over and join the search). Where did she go? Why did her mother have to come over and talk her down? The woman can't climb a hill, how far did they think she'd get? Robbalee is as bad as Nicole. "She's gone! She is no longer on the property!" Geez. Are they in some sort of compound, surrounded by high fencing, barbed wire, guards? Why all the drama? She was gone for something like eight minutes. Then came back of her own accord, since she couldn't stand not being the center of attention. Bah.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I cannot wait to get home tonight and inform my husband that it's his job to make me happy. This is going to be fun.

“Do not terrorize me with your happiness”

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
(edited)

As for the Pao slut shaming; she wasn't a slut- she was engaged at that point to Roose and presumably she wasn't sleeping around on him.  She did interview that she knew what was expected but she didn't care and was going to wear what she wanted in someone else's home, so I mean she's half the problem right there.  Asking someone to dress appropriately for breakfast in your own kitchen and home that you are hosting them in is not slut shaming.  I'm sure they didn't care that she wore it to bed, even to bed with Roose, but they didn't want to see it in their Mid-west kitchen.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

(raises hand). And I grew up in a blue collar community outside Boston, in the 60's, graduated high school in 1972. There was not one person of color in my high school graduating class.

Also graduated in 1972.  Grew up in a small town in Wisconsin.  We had an Ugandan exchange student.  That is the ONLY person of color I EVER went to school with.  No Latinos, no Asians, no black people except that exchange student.

10 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

She did interview that she knew what was expected but she didn't care and was going to wear what she wanted in someone else's home, so I mean she's half the problem right there.

That is WAY more than half the problem.  If you choose to blatantly disrespect people in THEIR home the very first time you meet them then you have NO cause to complain that they do not accept you.  You have shown that YOU have no intention of accepting THEM - they shouldn't have to kiss your ass just so you feel "accepted."

• Love 10
(edited)
14 hours ago, KariLois said:

The issue is that with Pao, it's Miami or nothing.  She refuses to entertain anything else or any other city (Seattle, etc).  So that's on her.  As for the clothing issue, Russ told her it would not be a good idea, and she flat-out said she didn't care, and she would do what she wanted to do.  Marriage is a partnership.  Give and take.  Pao is too selfish.

14 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I can blame her.  If she didn't want to live in Oklahoma, that's fine.  But basically leaving your husband and not caring if he follows because there are no jobs for him there is sort of brat behavior.  Marriage is about compromise; she could have sat down with him and gone over where to move together.  It's not Roose's job to make her happy; she's not 6.  She's an adult that needs to take responsibility for herself and her actions.  I can understand she wasn't happy in Oklahoma, but she should have talked with Roose about it and worked out a plan together.  Sometimes as a 30 year old, you aren't always going to be happy about everything- you deal with your emotions and work with your spouse.  Or else you stay single or marry someone who is going to live where you want to begin with.  Not to mention how she's treated Roose and allowed Juan to treat him.  Roose has done everything she's asked.

13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes, but Russ was offered a good job in Seattle. If you can deal with the rain, it's a great city. Pao shut that down right away. Why? Because the only place she wants to live is Miami or maybe back in Colombia. She's a selfish, controlling woman. There is no compromise with her.  I can't imagine her with a baby, having to care for and think of someone other than herself. Russ really should have left her in Miami where she was happiest. He would have been a lot better off, too. Now they have a baby which only complicates things. 

^^THIS (both quotes).  I HATE the saying "Happy Wife, Happy Life".  Blech.  I don't need to be placated, and that's what that kind of thinking leads to.  IMO, it also leads to dishonesty.  I won't always be happy, and that's OK.  I just want to be respected, and a part of any major decisions that go on.  They may not all go the way I want them to, but that's part of life.  But any time I hear someone mutter that saying, I just groan and get stabby.

Edited by funky-rat
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

All you guys need to lay off Nicole!! If Scamzan says its ok, then it's okayyyyy!! If he needs to cancel everything, it's fine!! He was totally excited to go and he can't wait to see her so it's FINE! He didn't ditch out on anything!! They are gonna get married and May will go to foreigner school and they are FINE!! Just because Scamzan had a legit family emergency and she ran and hid under the house does not mean that there's a problem!! None of this is intentional!! 

You're right, it's the editors making her look like a terrible mom and a half wit desperate for a morrocan scam artist who keeps harvesting her meager American dollars.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

As for the Pao slut shaming; she wasn't a slut- she was engaged at that point to Roose and presumably she wasn't sleeping around on him.  She did interview that she knew what was expected but she didn't care and was going to wear what she wanted in someone else's home, so I mean she's half the problem right there.

And that is what annoys me sometimes about this show.  Basic courtesy and respect for people's rules or culture is not something that other countries don't have.  I can't think of any culture encourages disrespecting the rules in a hosts home....even if the rules are somewhat disagreeable.  

Like don't wear sexy lingerie in her parents house....don't keep trying to publicly show affection if it's not acceptable..... especially if it's Ramadan!,

• Love 6
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

But there was so much going in with the midwife.  So much.  Too much.  And she has seven kids..... goodness.

Admittedly, I listened more than watched. But you can’t be surprised the midwife at the woowoo house of birth is going to look the part. 

However, I think the suggestions she had for Pao around dealing with the pregnancy post-miscarriage were actually very kind and understanding of the situation. I know Pao gets a lot of crap — most well deserved — but I found that scene rather honest and sincere. 

In some ways I think woo midwife provided post-miscarriage support with a level of understanding we’ve never seen from Roos. 

• Love 4

Mr. Poetic was gaffawing about Larissa's complaints about Colt's sexual prowess. He doesn't watch the show so he wanted to know what the problem was. I told him that first he had her arrested for DV, and then I said look at him.  "Sex with Cotlee is a disaster", "I am not a blow up doll", etc. Too funny. When the sex therapist mentioned feathers and seduction, and he touched Larissa's arm, I could see her cringing. Cut to Debbie defending her slot machine placement. It's such a mess. I almost feel bad for Larissa for putting up with all this shit to be in the US. And I was pretty much gobsmacked when Debbie said Larissa shouldn't bring her kids. And of course Coltee agreed. Those two need to marry each other and be done with it. 

Nicole going out the window of her trailer was the funniest thing ever. Azan ditches her and the only person on the planet who is surprised is Nicole, cuz she lives in the land of delusion. 

Andrei gets mad about Libby taking money from her dad, but if she didn't take money from her dad, how would his ever widening ass be sitting in that chair? He wants to play the big strong man, but there is nothing behind it. 

I FF through Jay and Ashley because it's all fake. I FF through Chantal and Pedro cuz I am so over those two. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, KariLois said:

Whose job is it to make Russ happy then? Why should he have to be where he is not happy. Sometimes you need to follow the money. It's not like Pao can support them with her modeling career since she doesn't get that many jobs. She knew ahead of time where Russ lived. If she didn't want to live in Oklahoma she shouldn't have come here. Or how about do what a ton pf people do? Work in Oklahoma, make money, then move to Miami when you can retire? She is just selfish.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

When you are married, its about making joint decisions that work toward your future goals. It isn't Russ' responsibility to make Pao happy. It's about doing what is best for your marriage and career. OK is not a terrible place, Pao wants to be in Miami, period. And her attitude is no discussion, no compromise. Unless Russ wants to cede all decisionmaking to her, they are headed down a bumpy road. and FTR, I'd live in OK ten times over before I'd live in Miami, and I live in FL.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I just personally don't think one's happiness is the responsibility of someone else.  If Pao wants to be happy somewhere, she will be so.  If she doesn't want to be happy, she won't be.  Being dependent on someone else to make one happy relieves that person for all responsibility about how one feels.  Pao doesn't want to live any where else that isn't Miami so she will never be happy somewhere else.

I don't know.  I'm fairly certain I'd be miserable in the deep south, in these communities where apparently black people are less common than unicorns.  I think there is something to be said for location.

However, I don't have a child to think about, so I'm better able to choose where I live and where I don't live.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DropTheSoap said:

Admittedly, I listened more than watched. But you can’t be surprised the midwife at the woowoo house of birth is going to look the part. 

However, I think the suggestions she had for Pao around dealing with the pregnancy post-miscarriage were actually very kind and understanding of the situation. I know Pao gets a lot of crap — most well deserved — but I found that scene rather honest and sincere. 

In some ways I think woo midwife provided post-miscarriage support with a level of understanding we’ve never seen from Roos. 

I will say that I liked that the midwife seemed completely comfortable with herself.  I'm always appreciative if people who are comfortable in their own skin. And I think that must be a tall order for someone looking like her in a place as looks conscious as Miami.

Having said that, I'm with Russ, if I were giving birth I would like access to all the western medicines please.

• Love 6

There have been a few comments about a midwife. Where and when was that? I saw Pao getting her Rh shot but the person giving the shot wasn't a stand-out so I don't think that's the midwife you all are talking about. What did I miss!?!?!?!?

TLC has made this show so complicated I'm sure I'm missing some really good stuff. ☹️

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, lu1535 said:

There have been a few comments about a midwife. Where and when was that? I saw Pao getting her Rh shot but the person giving the shot wasn't a stand-out so I don't think that's the midwife you all are talking about. What did I miss!?!?!?!?

TLC has made this show so complicated I'm sure I'm missing some really good stuff. ☹️

Yes, watching this show is so hard!  There is a scene where Russ and pao fo to a birthing center and the midwife is everything you'd expect from a TLC professional.  

I can't even remember the episode at this point because it's like a have to rewatch the episode the following week to get the ending.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, lu1535 said:

It's in the episode titled into the lion's den.  It is available on-demand, but it hasn't aired on regular tv until Sunday.  TLC is releasing things on-demand super early for some reason and some people are a bit ahead because of it.  You haven't missed anything.  Think of it like a verbal, next time on... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:26 AM, Kareem said:

I think Nicole gave up the apartment she had when she thought she was getting married in Morocco, and then came home and moved in with her seemingly normal sister and brother, where other family members often visit, no?  She's blessed to have so many who care, especially since she's beyond clueless.  

She IS lucky, but it's also their care and help that allows Nicole to further indulge her bad behaviour and not have to change. Especially since she has a child. Others have mentioned it before, that it seems Nicole had a child so she would not have to grow up and face reality, because the family would not like to see the child suffer.

My niece is not nearly as bad as Nicole but takes advantage of family the same way. She was a wild teen and has ADHD and depression. She got pregnant at 19 and again at 25 by two different men, her mother looks after the kids full-time while she works or has "time off", including looking after almost all their basic necessities, and the family is constantly helping her out with money, vehicles, food, attention, etc. As much as my SIL tries to lay down the law she just can't because it's the kids who suffer, not my niece. So my niece blissfully goes along, doing what she wants, buying expensive clothing and makeup, taking vacations with boyfriends, etc, and my SIL just keeps giving.  

It's a very tough position to be in and I have trouble faulting Robbalee and her ex-husband in their decisions to help Nicole (except for Dad saying he would sponsor Azan, even if he said so to keep May in the US, that's going too far). Nicole is an adult, even if she doesn't act like one, but if family pulls back, May is the one who will suffer.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:19 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Does he have to suffer? Is he supposed to be dressed in rags and sitting in a corner, after he's cleaned the house and done the laundry, waiting for Chantel to come home so he can rub her feet, and listen to her complaining about his evil plan to attack her brother? Why shouldn't he have a gaming computer? He works. And since he does have one, why does that mean he has no right to express any opinion other than sublime happiness?

And isn't it a stretch to say that Chantel has to support him for 10 years? I know some other posters have explained this policy before--isn't it that, if the spouse uses any US government benefits, the American has to pay it back? So, Chantel is basically saying that she thinks Pedro will go on welfare as soon as they get divorced? that's a pretty shitty thing to even imply.

I agree with everything you say, and I doubt Pedro will ever go on welfare. Pedro has shown more work ethic than most foreign spouses we've seen on this show. Plus, I doubt welfare benefits would pay enough to keep Pedro living reasonably here, and Mom and Sis in the lifestyle they're accustomed back home. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Saje81 said:

She IS lucky, but it's also their care and help that allows Nicole to further indulge her bad behaviour and not have to change. Especially since she has a child. Others have mentioned it before, that it seems Nicole had a child so she would not have to grow up and face reality, because the family would not like to see the child suffer.

My niece is not nearly as bad as Nicole but takes advantage of family the same way. She was a wild teen and has ADHD and depression. She got pregnant at 19 and again at 25 by two different men, her mother looks after the kids full-time while she works or has "time off", including looking after almost all their basic necessities, and the family is constantly helping her out with money, vehicles, food, attention, etc. As much as my SIL tries to lay down the law she just can't because it's the kids who suffer, not my niece. So my niece blissfully goes along, doing what she wants, buying expensive clothing and makeup, taking vacations with boyfriends, etc, and my SIL just keeps giving.  

It's a very tough position to be in and I have trouble faulting Robbalee and her ex-husband in their decisions to help Nicole (except for Dad saying he would sponsor Azan, even if he said so to keep May in the US, that's going too far). Nicole is an adult, even if she doesn't act like one, but if family pulls back, May is the one who will suffer.

I agree with all that.  My point was that I don’t consider her homeless nor May homeless  because she does have family who gives a hoot.  The enabling by some of them is really unfortunate.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Was anyone else skeeved out by Coltee and Larissa's session with the sex therapist? Just the thought of Coltee and sex is enough to make anyone queasy. When the sex therapist suggested they explore each other's bodies with ice cubes it was so revolting I had to hold in the sensation to retch. Larissa is paying too biggie a price for what she's getting out of this. A $30 wedding dress from Goodwill, a tin can, without air conditioning, for a car, and Debbie as a roommate.

Debbie is one narcissistic, selfish lady. It's all about "me, me, me" with her. Don't move MY slot machine out of the living room. Don't move MY stuff (junk) off the top of the refrigerator. She's not as loving and caring a mother to Coltee as she tries to portray herself. If she was, she would want him to be an independent adult and live his own life. The relationship they have is unhealthy, but if anyone mentions that she pulls out her sad, little victim tears. Last week when Larissa told her about having kids she rushed in to the kitchen and said "I need a drink." She went and grabbed her coffee cup off the counter and started swigging it down. I'm sure she keeps vodka in the coffee cup and drinks it all day. It definitely isn't coffee or tea.  Why was she so upset with just Larissa? Coltee, her beloved son, knew about the kids, and he didn't tell her about them. Tell him off, Debbie. Oh, wait, I forgot, Coltee can do no wrong in Debbie's eyes.

Edited by Matty
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Kareem said:

I agree with all that.  My point was that I don’t consider her homeless nor May homeless  because she does have family who gives a hoot.  The enabling by some of them is really unfortunate.  

I do because she doesn't have a home.  She is basically couch surfing and I consider that homeless though technically she is in a house.  

May doesn't have a place to call her home.  She maybe has a room at Grandma's but it's not her room.  From week to week she isn't sure where she will sleep.  When I think of how much my quiet enjoyment my nephew gets out of going home, how he knows where that is, he knows where his things are, where his bed is.....I think of poor May with none of that because Nicole needs to chase after unobtainable morroccon dick.

And god forbid you suggest that she might be making bad decisions....oh no it's not her fault, the camera crew is making her look bad....but the fact of the matter is that not giving your kid a stable home because you need to chase after a man who is clearly uninterested makes her a shit mother no matter what they do in the editing bay

41 minutes ago, Matty said:

Was anyone else skeeved out by Coltee and Larissa's session with the sex therapist? Just the thought of Coltee and sex is enough to make anyone queasy. When the sex therapist suggested they explore each other's bodies with ice cubes it was so revolting I had to hold in the sensation to retch. Larissa is paying too biggie a price for what she's getting out of this. A $30 wedding dress from Goodwill, a tin can, without air conditioning, for a car, and Debbie as a roommate.

Debbie is one narcissistic, selfish lady. It's all about "me, me, me" with her. Don't move MY slot machine out of the living room. Don't move MY stuff (junk) off the top of the refrigerator. She's not as loving and caring a mother to Coltee as she tries to portray herself. If she was, she would want him to be an independent adult and live his own life. The relationship they have is unhealthy, but if anyone mentions that she pulls out her sad, little victim tears. Last week when Larissa told her about having kids she rushed in to the kitchen and said "I need a drink." She went and grabbed her coffee cup off the counter and started swigging it down. I'm sure she keeps vodka in the coffee cup and drinks it all day. It definitely isn't coffee or tea.  Why was she so upset with just Larissa? Coltee, her beloved son, knew about the kids, and he didn't tell her about them. Tell him off, Debbie. Oh, wait, I forgot, Coltee can do wrong in Debbie's eyes.

Every word of this x10,000

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Matty said:

Why was she so upset with just Larissa? Coltee, her beloved son, knew about the kids, and he didn't tell her about them.

I agree so much.  Colt should have said:  "Look, we need to tell her this now or she will feel like we lied to her.  Cause we are lying to her."  I mean, these people are all up in each other's business all the damn time plus those three live together - I am surprised no one has ended up in a Sterilite bin, all chopped up by now.

ALL of the these couples suffer from "I am pissed at my spouse so I am going to tell my parents all about it" then wonder why everyone is pissed.  Couple that with acting like being here or coming here is a big ass favor, and well......

I would hate to think that my husband thought marrying me was a favor and I owed him anything.  Heck, he bought me a CAR for Christmas and never brings it up, ever.  Not the same thing but he could play the "Why can't YOU mow the lawn?  I bought you a car.  Why can't you strip the bed?  I bought you a car."*  It just so unhealthy to have that power imbalance or the "I left my family for you" card being played all damn day.  All month long.  All year long.  Alexi and Loren are the only ones who seem to truly dig each other for all the right reasons.

*= He is also helping me pay down my student loans, helps both my sons pay for college and will pay for any repairs the car may need.  Yes he is just that awesome.  We keep our money separate and I want for nothing.  Nothing.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 10