Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Severed Ties Part 1

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I prefer to give Russ’s family the benefit of the doubt. They might not know many people from other cultures and backgrounds. When I went to college, I met people who lived in middle America and had never met a Jewish person. I am a recovering New Yorker and found it surprising but they were just ignorant, not racist.

I agree.  When I went to college in Alaska, I learned that next to nobody had ever met someone Jewish.  They just didn't live there.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I agree.  When I went to college in Alaska, I learned that next to nobody had ever met someone Jewish.  They just didn't live there.  

Same here. There was only one Jewish family in my hometown. I never heard of anti-semitism til moving to NYC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Debbie was, as usual, extra over things that are really none of her business. They shouldn't bring child into the relationship? Idiot, the child already exists. Also, unless they were planning to bring any children to live with her, it is definitely none of her business. I think most of what went wrong in this relationship is at least partially her fault. Her attitude towards the level of info she is entitled to is really too much.

I can see that children is something it would have been nice to inform her about, but there is something about her reaction that shows she  feels she should be included in everything. Going to the store for cat toys to mollify her betrays her level of codependence, IMO.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, renatae said:

Debbie was, as usual, extra over things that are really none of her business. They shouldn't bring child into the relationship? Idiot, the child already exists. Also, unless they were planning to bring any children to live with her, it is definitely none of her business. I think most of what went wrong in this relationship is at least partially her fault. Her attitude towards the level of info she is entitled to is really too much.

I can see that children is something it would have been nice to inform her about, but there is something about her reaction that shows she  feels she should be included in everything. Going to the store for cat toys to mollify her betrays her level of codependence, IMO.

Didn't she threaten to move out once?  Maybe now is the time since she feels so disrespected.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don’t think Pao will act the same if Russ is there. She’ll try to come across as being amenable to working on the relationship with his folks. Then she may have to concede to stay in OK for a bit after the baby is born. I can see Russ then taking that job in the hope that things will settle down.

She may behave differently, but the result will be the same.  She will refuse Oklahoma.  Pao has never been forced into anything, and she has persistently refused Oklahoma because she doesn't like it and doesn't feel comfortable and feels judged. 

Even if the reasons are BS, Russ still folds.  This is why Russ if Russ wanted any chance of getting Pao to agree, he should have focused on whatever big city life Oklahoma City has, how big a house they could afford, and the fact that they could possibly afford a nanny, thereby allowing Pao time to pursue her Instagram modelling.

• Love 2

If Rooooos really wants to get back into the oil and gas business............and KungPao won't do Oklahoma cause she is so espicy........why not compromise and do Houston? Plenty of oil and gas work there. Plenty of Latinos there also. Houston is a short flight from OK. Houston is also not the most conservative city (although there are some parts.....)

Guess that might make too much sense? 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, happy hobo said:

If Rooooos really wants to get back into the oil and gas business............and KungPao won't do Oklahoma cause she is so espicy........why not compromise and do Houston? Plenty of oil and gas work there. Plenty of Latinos there also. Houston is a short flight from OK. Houston is also not the most conservative city (although there are some parts.....)

Unfortunately, logic has no place in the 90 day universe.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Pedro's family is just as bad as Chantel's.  Those two could probably be so happy if they packed all their shit, changed their phone numbers and moved to Miami. 

*Pedro could also pursue his modeling career.

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Pedro's family is just as bad as Chantel's.  Those two could probably be so happy if they packed all their shit, changed their phone numbers and moved to Miami. 

He would have to get those baby pecs, saddle bags and wannabe abs together first.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

By all that is holy, I DID not need that drive to and from and the appointment at the sex therapist.  I don't like Larissa in the slightest, but damn if she didn't make MULTIPLE salient points.  Colt-ee LOVES being pulled between eternal mother-wife and "sexy, Brazilian assed (really?)" wife 2. The idea that she should be sexually available to him multiple times a day (10!...GTFO, you gross thing...) without care for her interest is awful.  Colt is just so off putting, and his expectations are ridic.  You have a wife, not a hooker at your beck and call. Ew.  Your bedroom activities should be something you work on together, like fucking adults.  Hell, even if Colt looked like Idris Elba, his gross attitude, caveman mindset, Norman Bates thang, and shitty passive-aggression would put out my fire too, which is REALLY saying something...b/c Idris Elba looks like....Idris Elba.   

I like Chantel's gfs.  That's legit conversation.  This mfer is using y'all money to go be with these people who are actively working against your marriage.  With no return date.  I like the pan to Pedro's bomb video gaming set-up in their apartment.  Yeah.  Homeboy is really suffering.  Both of their families suck, but something about the entitled nature of Pedro's pisses me off.  Ummm, bitches.  Hi.  Chantel helps pay (I know they say Pedro's money, but...come on) for that lovely place you are living in, so if she wants to stay there, she can.  I'm from a 3rd world country too (Trinidad), and besides the obvious Family Chantel drama, I personally think Pedro is struggling to adjust to the American grind.  At home, people can work (and they do!), but still be leisurely (and they really do!).  You can get by sort of half assing it when it comes to work and adulting.  IMO, as an immigrant in the US, that isn't true:  You work your ass off here just to get by.  And you love it b/c you love being in this country, but, boy, is it different than what you have come from.  I don't know that Pedro expected that. He misses those evening "limes" by the beach and house parties and chilling and hitting a rum shop (or whatever the DR equivalent is) in the middle of the day.

So.  How many times has RobbaLee taken that kind of phone call from Nicole in their lives?  She seemed so resigned and used to it.  So protective.  So careful.  Like with a (giant) baby deer that is easily spooked.  Nicole is nuts to think that her grand Greneda sex-travaganza was going to happen.  Her family have varying coping mechanisms with her bullshit, but I think her overly aggressive stepdad and her cool headed, but concerned brother were my favorite.  FFS, everyone needs to babysit Nicole.  Also, I'm going to say this: Get your head out of your vagina, and FOCUS ON GETTING YOUR KID ENROLLED IN SCHOOL!   I live in FLA and I don't know how the other schools out of state are, but good schools, even for kindergarten, are competitive and sometimes you have to get yourself on multiple waiting lists and lotteries (2 of my friends' kids just graduated kindergarten) months and months before.  Someone get that baby in school, so maybe she has a fighting chance to GTFO of section 8 housing in Bradenton. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL @ Larissa spitting  truth!  

Living with Debbie was sold as temporary...I had a feeling be made promises he had no intention of keeping.

Larissa is an unwilling sister wife.

I had suspected as much.

That ending scene was really something regarding that ridiculous slot machine. Not just that she refuses to put it somewhere else. Her bedroom sounds like a good idea to me. I can understand she is attached to it, because it was a gift from her late husband, but it was truly weird hearing Larissa say that even if she merely touches it, Debbie has a hissy. At first I thought she meant Debbie didn't want her moving it around, but as she went on, it was obvious she meant literally just touching it.

On a lighter note, it was funny seeing Debbie waving around that fake severed arm. Her taste in decorations is definitely more grisly than mine!

Edited by renatae
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, happy hobo said:

If not Houston, why not Dallas, or New Orleans?  But I still don't buy Russ' complaining that he can't get an oil & gas job in Florida. I did a quick search while watching last week's episode and there were multiple good paying jobs in south Florida for O&G engineers that came up.  I actually think they're a well-matched pair: desirable to no one but themselves, due to equally shitty attitudes.

That Live show afterward was pointless.  Darcey & Stacey looked weirdly puffier than usual, and since they both did, I'm thinking they both went to the derm and got over-filled, rather than being on medication for some illness.  And while David continues to look bigger each time he's on camera, I kinda love him & Annie now; between this appearance & Pillow Talk, they are genuinely funny and weird in the right way for each other.

• Love 11

Hearing Andrei talk about being a handyman, my immediate thought was hey we need a handyman to replace our attic ladder. What was I thinking! Hell no I wouldn't want him to do the work for us. Can you imagine the mess he'd leave us in that is if he even showed up to do the work? 😲

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Into the Lion's Den (Ep 7) is on demand but I didn't think it aired yet. I could be wrong. Is there a thread for it? 

I didn't tag a mod, sorry @Drogo

Edited by Hannah94
Forgot to tag mod

When Chantel was drinking with her friends and relaxed, I saw why she keeps her mouth clamped shut. She had it open and I could see her teeth.They seem large and not great looking...yellow, plus an odd shape?  Plus her upper jaw and gum line is not roundish like most people have..can't quite explain it, but it sort of narrows from the front to the back..the sides cave in a bit? Doesn't look that bad, but she seems into perfection and her upper mouth and teeth are not good enough to suit her maybe? So she keeps her lips tightly covering them?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Drogo said:

Is there a demand for assclowns in modeling?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, renatae said:

I had suspected as much.

That ending scene was really something regarding that ridiculous slot machine. Not just that she refuses to put it somewhere else. Her bedroom sounds like a good idea to me. I can understand she is attached to it, because it was a gift from her late husband, but it was truly weird hearing Larissa say that even if she merely touches it, Debbie has a hissy. At first I thought she meant Debbie didn't want her moving it around, but as she went on, it was obvious she meant literally just touching it.

On a lighter note, it was funny seeing Debbie waving around that fake severed arm. Her taste in decorations is definitely more grisly than mine!

I'm shocked that Colt and Debbie agree to buying candy to give away to kids.  It's probably the cheap stuff.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, lu1535 said:

Hearing Andrei talk about being a handyman, my immediate thought was hey we need a handyman to replace our attic ladder. What was I thinking! Hell no I wouldn't want him to do the work for us. Can you imagine the mess he'd leave us in that is if he even showed up to do the work? 😲

That's the problem.  Finding a good handyman and a good car repairman is like finding a $100 bill in the street.  It's amazing, and you snatch them up tight when you find them.

It's why people are so loyal when they find someone good.  Or even someone who is just acceptable.  

But you don't want to work with someone who has Andrei's temper.  Because if you have basic questions, if you want to negotiate costs, if you have an idea on what textiles you want to use, if god forbid there was an error in the work....he would lose his mind and would likely curse you out and you'd have to start from step one or take him to small claims court.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Hannah94 said:

Into the Lion's Den (Ep 7) is on demand but I didn't think it aired yet. I could be wrong. Is there a thread for it? 

I didn't tag a mod, sorry @Drogo

I don't know why the programming folk at TLC are taking so many drugs now, but they're making it very difficult to keep the forum updated.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I do realize, as most of us do, that much of this is set up for our TV entertainment,  but I do get the impression Nicole is as sex mad and stupid as she comes across on screen.  I guess the cameras were rolling for her call to Azan but she heard news she wasn't expecting and what followed was real.  Nicole bumbling about and then somehow managing to 'disappear'.

Azan obviously wants the regular money gifts, not Nicole.  He is a bum.

The After Show (or whatever) seemed less amateurish this time.  The twins have had  face fillers (or maybe it's just from good eating?) and Annie got her eyelids done and moved from the storage unit.   Annie and David have grown on me.   And Libby's sister actually seemed reasonable.

It was unsettling.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I do realize, as most of us do, that much of this is set up for our TV entertainment,  but I do get the impression Nicole is as sex mad and stupid as she comes across on screen.  I guess the cameras were rolling for her call to Azan but she heard news she wasn't expecting and what followed was real.  Nicole bumbling about and then somehow managing to 'disappear'.

Azan obviously wants the regular money gifts, not Nicole.  He is a bum.

The After Show (or whatever) seemed less amateurish this time.  The twins have had  face fillers (or maybe it's just from good eating?) and Annie got her eyelids done and moved from the storage unit.   Annie and David have grown on me.   And Libby's sister actually seemed reasonable.

It was unsettling.

I'm just sad for may.  Nicole is homeless and her constant pursuit of morrocan dick has left her child homeless, living out of a suitcase and hopping from family member to family member until Nicole can save up enough pennies to get another plane ticket to Morocco so she can stalk azan.

Nicole will never let anyone take may, though it would provide her the most stable situation because I truly believe that May is the reason anyone puts up with Nicole's shit.  And I think Nicole knows that and so she will never give may up.

Has any morrocan trip gone well?  No.  Nicole whines, talks over and at azan.  Azan leaves and doesn't want to engage.  Nicole becomes violent. 

This time, according to Nicole they are going to "discuss" Mays education.  That poor girl is going to be stuck playing with her tablet while Nicole molests azan.  

• Love 11

I was under the impression TLC would fund much of the Granada trip?  Azan must've realized a free vacation with Nicole just wasn't worth the  aggravation and constant mauling.  (I missed the bit with the phone call. Did Azan actually announce he wasn't going?)

I do agree regarding May.  She is third on Nicole's list of importance.  Children should  come  first.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lu1535 said:

Not only would he not show up to do the work, he would keep any materials YOU bought and paid for, and then refuse to return your deposit for materials and labor.  And then he would try to intimidate you and make you understand why it's YOUR fault.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

like fucking adults.

Literally.

I don't know why the programming folk at TLC are taking so many drugs now,

They can't deal with what their professional lives have become?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, renatae said:

I had suspected as much.

Larissa meant that ANYTHING of Debbie's that she touches, Debbie immediately has issue with it. Like supposedly there was a box on top of the cupboards with a food processor in it, Larissa moved it to the garage because it was just collecting dust and then Debbie immediately had an issue with it being moved. How often does one use a food processor? I use mine to try and make salsa a few times a year.   Larissa said she was just cleaning. I don't think she's actually touched the slot machine - she was just trying to make a point that Debbie doesn't care about something until Larissa wants to move it somewhere else, then it becomes a huge problem and something super important.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
43 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'm just sad for may.  Nicole is homeless and her constant pursuit of morrocan dick has left her child homeless, living out of a suitcase and hopping from family member to family member until Nicole can save up enough pennies to get another plane ticket to Morocco so she can stalk azan.

I think Nicole gave up the apartment she had when she thought she was getting married in Morocco, and then came home and moved in with her seemingly normal sister and brother, where other family members often visit, no?  She's blessed to have so many who care, especially since she's beyond clueless.  

• Love 10

How often does one use a food processor?

Best gift I ever got was a little two-cup food processor. It lives on the counter and I use it all the time. My eyes get red and puffy and I cry just peeling an onion, so it's wonderful to chop an onion with no tears. 

But yeah - the giant food processor - I'm guessing Debbie broke that out at Thanksgiving, if then...

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Best gift I ever got was a little two-cup food processor. It lives on the counter and I use it all the time. My eyes get red and puffy and I cry just peeling an onion, so it's wonderful to chop an onion with no tears. 

But yeah - the giant food processor - I'm guessing Debbie broke that out at Thanksgiving, if then...

Totally co-sign that food processors are awesome.  And I am not a cook!  I bought an 8 cup food processor when I was really into making sunflower seed butter, and just used it the other day to finely chop onions for guacamole.  

I was tearing up just after the skin came off so it would have been torture had I had to finely chop the onion.  Like 15 seconds on pulse setting...done and done!

I think it can also grate and chop, but I've never used the attachment.

• Love 1
On 5/31/2019 at 8:21 AM, lids said:

The only way they could have made the Nicole storyline better is if production had caught her escaping by hopping a fence ala’ Colton, The Bachelor. 

Of course, Colton jumped a fence with ease and Nicole’s jump would have been something like:

corgi-trying-and-failing-to-jump-over-a-

Missed opportunity for some quality gifs, TLC.

Or a la Kim Richards on RHOBH.  

It's probably a good thing Nicole is so pigheaded/stubborn/obstinate/ignorant, otherwise she'd probably have the good sense to be humiliated at the way Azan bounces on her.  

And the purple hair?  Perhaps even a bigger mistake than refusing to eat vegetables or anything remotely healthy.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Darcey & Stacey looked weirdly puffier than usual, and since they both did, I'm thinking they both went to the derm and got over-filled, rather than being on medication for some illness. 

I thought they looked puffy too, I also thought Stacey's finance looked like Jesse with dark hair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

How about that CREEPY explanation of what it means to carve a pumpkin?  I thought Larissa's reaction to the patch was rather sweet, never having seen one before, and then doofus starts in with the serial killer talk...boy is he weird.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I like the pan to Pedro's bomb video gaming set-up in their apartment.  Yeah.  Homeboy is really suffering.

Does he have to suffer? Is he supposed to be dressed in rags and sitting in a corner, after he's cleaned the house and done the laundry, waiting for Chantel to come home so he can rub her feet, and listen to her complaining about his evil plan to attack her brother? Why shouldn't he have a gaming computer? He works. And since he does have one, why does that mean he has no right to express any opinion other than sublime happiness?

And isn't it a stretch to say that Chantel has to support him for 10 years? I know some other posters have explained this policy before--isn't it that, if the spouse uses any US government benefits, the American has to pay it back? So, Chantel is basically saying that she thinks Pedro will go on welfare as soon as they get divorced? that's a pretty shitty thing to even imply.

• Love 22

And isn't it a stretch to say that Chantel has to support him for 10 years? I know some other posters have explained this policy before--isn't it that, if the spouse uses any US government benefits, the American has to pay it back? So, Chantel is basically saying that she thinks Pedro will go on welfare as soon as they get divorced? that's a pretty shitty thing to even imply.

Yes. The government is trying to avoid having to support any more people than it already does. So if you bring him here, you're responsible for him. Sure, Pedro could apply for benefits and Chantal will be responsible to pay them back but Pedro is a hard worker and smart enough to realize he can earn more than he will if he is on benefits (which would only last five years in any event). 

So the prenup doesn't invalidate the Affadavit of Support, though it could prevent Pedro from going after any of Chantal's "assets" held prior to their marriage. I doubt he wants her fake boobs, her extensive collections of makeup and club clothes or her hair extensions though.

• Love 9

Pedro is young and healthy and currently works.  I don't see why he would qualify for welfare.  I mean I think it's pretty hard for people to get on even if they need help.  Chantel implying that he doesn't know how to work hard and would make her support him so he can harvest more is insulting and ridiculous.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Azan must've realized a free vacation with Nicole just wasn't worth the  aggravation and constant mauling. 

I think Azan is just over the show.   It’s bad for business and fleecing other woman.  

12 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I thought they looked puffy too, I also thought Stacey's finance looked like Jesse with dark hair.

I thought planes fly both way to the US Albania.  Why can’t Stacey’s boyfriend visit her here?  Find that suspicious and wonder if he’s really that into her?  

Darcy is a liar and would have relocated to Holland and left her know kids behind in New York minute if Jesse wanted her to.  

Isn't Pedro’s mother an immigrant lawyer?   Seems to me she’s running some scam.  His sister and mother are no better than Chantel’s family.  If my husband was using our savings to fund a sketchy trip to the DR, I’d empty that account and move the money else where.  

Colt is one creepy dude.  Yes, Colt is enjoying the attention he’s getting from both women and is not in a hurry to pick a wife.   It’s obvious Debbie is doing everything to sabotage her son’s marriage and get Larissa deported.  She’s the real bitch.  

David and Annie are two married grifters enjoying the spoils of TLC.  

• Love 12

I have to give Pedro credit. Even as dismayed as he was at the thought of Chantal coming to the DR he did try to make it a point to say she should stay with him and those two awful women because he doesn't want them to act or treat her like The Family Chantal treats him. I felt for him in that moment.

I just shook my head at the display Nicole puts on for everybody. That stupid knowing/not knowing but really knows whats going on smirk of hers drives me nuts.

• Love 20

Late to the party. Couldn't go a whole week with no new material so Im just now watching.

Nicole's stupid face irks my SOUL. She is textbook delusional. OMG Azan can't go😲😯😮 What a twist!!! Big Baby Huey is a fucking moron and I'm bout sick of her and Scamzan. 

Winter! That's not the dress for you honey. Poor thing looks just like her dad, who looks like Teddy Ruxpin. Her dumb ass parents forced her to go just to spy. She might have had on a wire. 

Pedro's mother and bitch of a sister are just as bad as Family Chantal. We just dont see all their drama bc Pedro and Chantal don't live in the DR. 

Colt Tea thinks he's so clever, yet he probably hasnt given Larissa an orgasm in...... ever. Why dont they get one of those furniture moving doohickeys and take that slot machine up to Deb Bea's room??

Ashley is lame as ever. She really thinks she's the hot girl. 

Undddrrrthei is starting to show his ass. What happened to the proud uber provider? He has nothing else to do but "put his foot down" from the couch of course. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Undddrrrthei is starting to show his ass. What happened to the proud uber provider? He has nothing else to do but "put his foot down" from the couch of course. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That one foot must be super strong by now!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 6/2/2019 at 7:42 AM, Morrissey said:

Now I'm curious. If a Little House on the Prairie inspired dress is deemed offensive...what is appropriate breakfast attire in North Platte, Nebraska?

Bib overalls, flannel shirt, muck boots....

• LOL 1