Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: One Wedding And A Polygraph

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Her apology was enough for me. 

Lisa fancies herself a comedian. It’s hard to be funny without offending people sometimes. I think if any of us were on TV as much as she is, at some point we’d say something hurtful. It happens to the best of us. 

I did it last week in the Southern Charm forum.  I made fun of a name, but it turns out it wasn't weirdo parents determined to make their kids name unique, but a name specific to the culture of India.

Oh look!  The ponies are by the pool!  

mud GIF

distracting from acknowledging I CAN be an asshole

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

So true.

Clutch your anus, bite your tongue, relax your breathing, internal calm, it's all bio-feedback . You don't have to be a psychopath to pass.

I've been wanting to watch "The Americans."

Giselle, you definitely should. It’s become one of my favorite shows EVER. And I won’t spoil, but the ending was perfect, beautiful and satisfying, which elevated the show even more in my mind. It was surprising and still a perfectly stuck landing. I know all you GOT fans are experiencing the opposite this week, which is a bummer.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

But I was thinking of LVP clenching her anus during the test and that made me laugh.

Lisa has clenched her anus throughout the whole run of the Real Housewives.

She’s British. That’s how they roll.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Erika had no problem jumping into the collective LVP bashing when she wasn't part of the original conversation about the dog.  Same goes with Rinna.  They were more than happy to give their misguided opinions on said subject.  Kyle told LVP that "all of them" think she's a liar, so that put Erika right in the middle with the rest of them. 

As far as LVP's comment, am I the only one who's ever thought that EJ's stage show could be a good drag queen show?  No?  Okay, but that's where LVP's joke took me.   Erika doesn't mind being called "cunty," but being compared to a drag queen made her clutch her pearls in a hurry.  

100% Ericka inserted herself into this.

I will say that I don't think Ericka is pearl clutching.  Her Twitter feed has a post called "Pretty in Pink".  She's wearing a hot pink matching silky pants and blouse to match.  The blouse has a giant Pussy bow.  And her legs are wide open.

No camel toe though. 

We'd all know if Ericka really did tuck anyways.

Pretty sure PK would have alerted all of us a couple of seasons ago.  Pantygate and all.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

Camille bugged me on WWHL last night.  She went on and on about her wedding and how LVP should've been there.  Tracy Pollan nicely told her that LVP was trying to spare them all the inevitable drama that her being there would've caused, and Camille agreed, but then started up again about how she should've been there no matter what.  Sheesh.  I used to like Camille, but a little bit of her goes a long way with me.  She can't decide which side of the fence she wants to be on.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
(edited)
27 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I did it last week in the Southern Charm forum.  I made fun of a name, but it turns out it wasn't weirdo parents determined to make their kids name unique, but a name specific to the culture of India.

Oh look!  The ponies are by the pool!  

mud GIF

distracting from acknowledging I CAN be an asshole

Not to worry... We all can be assholes at times.

And anyone who says they can't is a lying Liar who lies & could pass a poly.

Pucker up Dosodog!

X's & O's. Smooching your cheek... The facial one.

P.S. what you did wasn't assholery.

Edited by Giselle
Being cheeky.
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

I think it started with Kathy Griffin. She constantly referred to people as, "her gays." https://www.eonline.com/news/219/kathy-griffin-and-the-mother-of-all-gays

Now that her show (and her) are over, people who follow her suit get bashed. But she said it for years without incident. 

But she wasn’t saying my gays in a your my pet way or I like you to be my accessories like a pocketbook. it was a you accept me for who I am the gay community has accepted me... I’m not one of you but I’m made to feel like I am.....your my gays(family) i see you and I appreciate your support. And she treated the community like family.  it was always in an endearing open way....she never acted like she owned us..

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think audience matters; if you don't know who's in it--i.e. who would or would not be hurt or who does or does not know it's not your real feeling or attitude--maybe you don't say it. I have "a gay" and he doesn't give a shit if I say that (honestly, he wouldn't care if I called him a derogatory term for gay either), just like I don't care if he calls me a tramp. We laugh at this immature behavior (because humor). But we do not really think it and we most certainly do not say shit like that in mixed company, not only because we don't want other people to think we're assholes but because we wouldn't want to hurt someone who doesn't know us.

I think Lisa meant nothing by it, but I also think Lisa made an error in saying it in front of an audience. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 17
23 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Not to worry... We all can be assholes at times.

And anyone who says they can't is a lying Liar who lies & could pass a poly.

Pucker up Dosodog!

X's & O's. Smooching your cheek... The facial one.

P.S. what you did wasn't assholery.

Probably more ignorant white/American privilege than assholery.

Smooches back at ya!

• Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Camille bugged me on WWHL last night.  She went on and on about her wedding and how LVP should've been there.  Tracy Pollan nicely told her that LVP was trying to spare them all the inevitable drama that her being there would've caused, and Camille agreed, but then started up again about how she should've been there no matter what.  Sheesh.  I used to like Camille, but a little bit of her goes a long way with me.  She can't decide which side of the fence she wants to be on.  

She is the most wishy-washy of all of them. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

The way they found out that Lisa had the lie detector test was so scripted and fake

Yeah, that was such a far fetched story Kyle told about her daughter's friends house getting robbed, and the construction workers being taken to the same place to take a lie detector test...and that's how she supposedly found out that LVP took a lie detector test. Mmmkkkkk lady...what the fuckidy fuck??!! Do she really think that is a believable scenario?? She must really think the viewers are naive. LOL!!

• Love 22
21 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Probably more ignorant white/American privilege than assholery.

Smooches back at ya!

I wouldn't even say that. 

You just didn't know... Period.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Pickles said:

Teddi is very manly. Her husband looks like Eddie Munster. I wonder if Rinna's "illness" is used as an excuse to live on liquids while in Hawaii in a swimsuit. 

Doesn’t Rinna get a headache when not eating?  If I don’t eat carbs, I will literally fall down from weakness.  Nothing like a big burger to straighten you out.   What the hell does that woman eat?

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, SallySarue said:

Yeah, that was such a far fetched story Kyle told about her daughter's friends house getting robbed, and the construction workers being taken to the same place to take a lie detector test...and that's how she supposedly found out that LVP took a lie detector test. Mmmkkkkk lady...what the fuckidy fuck??!! Do she really think that is a believable scenario?? She must really think the viewers are naive. LOL!!

Yup!  So unbelievable.  Production inspired.

• Love 11

Oh Boy!  Patricia might get her wish after all.  Katherine slept with Whitney again.  Maybe there will be a little Whitney.  Does that woman sleep with everyone?  She needs therapy ASAP.  And, where does Katherine buy her clothes?  They are weird.

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, sunshine23 said:

While I can definitely believe LVP, or anyone, can say something without thinking how it may be negatively perceived, (Let's face it, the RH franchise depends on this for the continual drama.) I cannot believe that people believe Lisa is any type of -phobic based on her continued support of the LGBTQ community. I also wonder why her words are considered more hurtful than Rinna's comment about Catholics on Ash Wednesday. If one Lisa is going to be called out, then both need to be.

That's whataboutism. I'm Catholic, Rinna comments re Ash Wednesday were stupid. But Catholics aren't an oppressed minority who face constant danger in their lives. So yes, Rinna made offensive comments (and I hope she apologized, but I don't follow her enough to know if she did) but she didn't contribute to an environment that hurts an already oppressed group of people.

And in any case, Rinna saying something dumb about Catholics doesn't somehow excuse LVP saying something transphobic.

LVP has now acknowledged that she said something hurtful. Therefore, I think it is okay for everyone else to recognize that she did so, rather than offering a lot of whataboutism and other excuses, and then hope that she does better the next time. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Doesn’t Rinna get a headache when not eating?  If I don’t eat carbs, I will literally fall down from weakness.  Nothing like a big burger to straighten you out.   What the hell does that woman eat?

Other people's souls?

dana carvey what GIF by Saturday Night Live

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

That's whataboutism. I'm Catholic, Rinna comments re Ash Wednesday were stupid. But Catholics aren't an oppressed minority who face constant danger in their lives. So yes, Rinna made offensive comments (and I hope she apologized, but I don't follow her enough to know if she did) but she didn't contribute to an environment that hurts an already oppressed group of people.

And in any case, Rinna saying something dumb about Catholics doesn't somehow excuse LVP saying something transphobic.

LVP has now acknowledged that she said something hurtful. Therefore, I think it is okay for everyone else to recognize that she did so, rather than offering a lot of whataboutism and other excuses, and then hope that she does better the next time. 

I wasn't saying Rinna's behavior excused VDP, I was saying that both were wrong, but only one is held to a higher standard than the other. No one needs to be insulted whether white, black, female, male, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, straight, gay, trans, etc. Regardless of one's personal opinions, if you want to be respected, be respectful to others.

Edited by sunshine23
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Christians are being murdered all over the globe because of their faith. Some Catholics are in constant danger especially in the Middle East and Africa.

Rinna skated because making fun of Catholics is all in good fun. Right? Christians are the preferred target of large numbers of terrorists and bigots these days. Certainly they are a preferred target of Hollywood humor. So if you call it out it is “whataboutism” to the complacent. Either everyone is off limits or no one is. You see how this works?

Catholics in this country are in no danger of being harmed. Catholics are not an oppressed minority in this country. Rinna said a stupid thing that yes, was offensive to me, a practicing Catholic who got ashes on Ash Wednesday, but as a practicing Catholic who got ashes on Ash Wednesday, I recognize that my wearing ashes on Ash Wednesday did not put me in any physical danger. That's not the same for trans women. 

And no, it doesn't work as "everyone is off limits or no one is."  Those of us who have privilege - are not oppressed minorities - like me or LVP (as white women) shouldn't punch down. Making a joke about Catholics isn't punching down, even if it was stupid and offensive. Making a joke where trans women are the butt of the joke is punching down. You see how that works?

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, sunshine23 said:

While I can definitely believe LVP, or anyone, can say something without thinking how it may be negatively perceived, (Let's face it, the RH franchise depends on this for the continual drama.) I cannot believe that people believe Lisa is any type of -phobic based on her continued support of the LGBTQ community.

The joke is not an isolated incident. I think many people would have been more inclined to brush it off had LVP not been seen shouting Billie Lee down a week before in the Vanderpump Rules reunion. Billie Lee easily admitted that LVP has always been supportive. However, LVP's insistence that Billie Lee say that the Axis of Basic Bitchery (Katie, Kristen, Stassi, Brittany, and Lauren from Utah) has always been supportive was obnoxious especially because those heifers, Lauren from Utah (Lala) in particular, have not always been supportive. It was fucking gross to see LVP talk over the lone transwoman on her staff (Billie Lee) and then demand that this transwoman say that she's been treated well by some very problematic people who actually haven't treated Billie Lee all that well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

This is the one franchise that I watch that's boring when the ladies are playing nice with each other. All the others (Atlanta, Potomac, New York) is so much fun to watch when they are getting along. This show is flat, boring and scripted. Teddy 100% has nothing in her life worth filming. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Giselle said:

Anybody can beat one, you don't have to be a psychopath, you just have to manipulate your physical responses to each question being asked. 

Point proven that no matter what she does people will believe whatever fits their own theory.

Forgive me for finding this laughable. Inadmissible in a court of law is one thing but to believe that Lisa sat down and taught herself how not to react to a question...gimme a break. 

Anyway....

This episode was boring. Camille’s wedding dress was beautiful. This season can end already.

• Love 16
23 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Why does Mauricio always sound stuffed up? He needs a neti pot. Stat.

Yuck--- I agree. He is not sexy at all to me because he always sounds like his nose is FULL.  Gross.  Head to an allergist or stop talking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SallySarue said:

Kyle was probably stalking LVP, followed her to the place, and that was the best story she could come up with because she HAD to tell the others.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

So I'm late to the yakk but just a few thoughts.

Was it just me or did Mauricio seem STONED at that dinner? What the holy hell was he talking about at the table? 

Dorito and the rest of the dunces are STILL not getting it.  Guess they never will! Maybe if someone draws them a picture?

Camille's house, dress, wedding were all absolutely lovely.  I'm happy her Mom was able to wrest herself from the hospital, fly for HOURS and still end up at her daughter's wedding.

That little red clown car they drove in to the wedding???? WTF??  It was cute (the car) but seriously; it was a PERFECT metaphor for the idiots who haven't a CLUE, can't CATCH a   clue, wouldn't recognize a CLUE  if it kicked them in the leg....

Jeebus! Dumb. Dumber. Dumbest. Really Dumb. Extremely totally completely DUMB!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Please she gulps air....

Zero calories and you feel so full with all that air in your tummy.

She doesn’t eat and still has all that energy.  She must be on uppers.  Maybe that’s why she’s always jumping around and screeching.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

She doesn’t eat and still has all that energy.  She must be on uppers.  Maybe that’s why she’s always jumping around and screeching.

She does seem extremely strict with her eating, but I'll admit that I'm someone who has more energy when I eat small portions but several times a day. If I eat three large meals like most people are traditionally expected to do, I feel slow and sluggish. If someone sits down for a meal with me, they may think I barely eat, and I actually do. I just space out the food. 

• Love 5

Denise and Patrick Muldoon! Be still my late 1990s heart.  I do feel bad for her misfortune in mating with Charlie Sheen.  I guess she married him in that brief window when he was starring on Spin City and it seemed like he totally cleaned up his act.  He's an abusive psychopath and I'm sure the little anecdotes she tells are not the half of it.   

Speaking of ex husband actors, wow marrying and divorcing Kelsey Grammar was amazingly lucrative.   What was that flashback of Camille getting into a hot tub and flashing her butt crack, all I could think when they showed the old guy in the hot tub was "prostate".  

Liked Camilles dress but for the maids, fussy navy lace with flower crowns? Curious choice. 

I think RHONY has it all over this show in part because none of the NY ladies have husbands!  Plus kids are infrequently seen or mentioned and mostly grown.  But yeah no husbands sporting baseball caps to promote their businesses, that's a nice feature of RHoNY.  

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Sure, you do have the right.  But what you call "political correctness," I call someone trying hide a really ugly side of herself under the guise of "humor."

Again, I'm going to stand with the people who are trans who felt insulted.  I'm good with that stance, even if I'm accused of being "politically correct."

I've begun replacing "politically correct" with "respectfully correct" because that is what it all boils down to. I may not totally understand the non-binary terminology that they use to describe themselves but it's not up to me to decide it's ridiculous and that I'm gonna continue to refer to them however the hell I want to and they just need to get over it (for the record I don't feel this way and am just using it as an analogy!). If the majority of a particular group of people asks to be addressed a certain way then they have EVERY right to have their request be respected. The rest of us don't get to make that call or say that they're just being overly sensitive snowflakes.

It seems like a lot of people boast about not being politically correct but if you had to announce instead that you aren't respectfully correct it's not something you'd want to brag about.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
On 5/21/2019 at 8:00 PM, breezy424 said:

And why wasn't Lisa asked to lie so the polygrapher can measure reaction to gauge it.  A true polygraph takes time to administer.  This took five minutes?

They aren't going to show every detail of the entire test in a 1 hour episode. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Editing.

• Love 12

I haven't cared much one way or another about the manufactured drama they chose for this season, but that pathetic lie detector test made LVP look more guilty not less. If someone doesn't want to attend events or be filmed with the others, just stop inviting them. Great, goodbye, next! That goes for ANY of them. I have enjoyed the past few episodes without the constant harping on the same argument. They are enjoying being together. I'm tired of season after season of rehashing the same thing all season long. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If Lisa would just say, not in so many words, but with a gesture, "hey, I'm kind of an asshole, just like the rest of you," it would go a long, long, long way toward me thinking she should be brought back into the group with open arms.  For example, Karen, the Grande Dame of RH of Potomac, the one who is arguably the LVP of that group,  just burst out in hysterical laughter last season when one of her castmates--whom she loathes--dressed up in Karen's wig and did an impression of her.  It won a lot of style points for Karen with her castmates and the viewing audience.  Unless and until Lisa can say that she is human, and she bleeds too, I don't have sympathy for her.  I think she can't say it because I'm not sure she really believes it, which makes her super alienating.  LVP thinks she is better than other people, and it oozes out of her pores.

I think it's worth pointing out that she doesn't appear to want to be brought back in at all.  In fact, she is the one who walked away and declared herself done with them.  They have actually been quite "open armed" the whole time, even while calling her a liar.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

What’s with the cheesy Christmas movie that are use was shooting?  The decorations in that bedroom were hilarious. 

Denise was also Ross and Monica’s cousin who Ross tried to make out with. Not sure where that fall into in Charlie years. 

And Camille, yes the “house is all yours” but Kelsey indirectly paid for it. Don’t kid yourself. 

IIRC, it was Camille who managed all of their real estate investments and was the one who built up their rather impressive real estate portfolio.

It was her smarts and savvy that developed their joint holdings. He may have provided the initial cash, but she's the one who made it grow. And it did, rather impressively.

Regardless, CA is a community property state, so half of everything was hers in the divorce.    

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The joke is not an isolated incident. I think many people would have been more inclined to brush it off had LVP not been seen shouting Billie Lee down a week before in the Vanderpump Rules reunion. Billie Lee easily admitted that LVP has always been supportive. However, LVP's insistence that Billie Lee say that the Axis of Basic Bitchery (Katie, Kristen, Stassi, Brittany, and Lauren from Utah) has always been supportive was obnoxious especially because those heifers, Lauren from Utah (Lala) in particular, have not always been supportive. It was fucking gross to see LVP talk over the lone transwoman on her staff (Billie Lee) and then demand that this transwoman say that she's been treated well by some very problematic people who actually haven't treated Billie Lee all that well.

Thanks for the back story. I don't watch VPR unless my daughter is visiting and has it on. :)

Turnabout is fair play.  LVP has enjoyed verbal missteps by others, so if her castmates give her a little trouble for this one, fair enough.

I think intent is a little tough to determine here.  We know LVP invited Erika to the party she had a few weeks ago.  We're not really sure what LVP thinks of Erika or where they stand, but one might infer from this invitation that she thinks they are on decent terms.  We, the audience, know that Erika has been making negative comments about LVP, but does Lisa know?

So intent is questionable.  Is she poking fun at a friend or taking a quick stab at an adversary?  I can't pretend to know, and won't bother trying.

For myself, I figure we are all human, which means we are going to make mistakes, and sometimes our mistakes will hurt others.  The best we can do afterwards is to right the wrong if possible, apologize sincerely and attempt to do better in the future.  I think LVP has done that with the trans community, so I'm moving on.  I don't know if she apologized to Erika, but she didn't in that statement, so if Erika doesn't move on that's fair.

• Love 6

How could I forget to say what my absolute, favorite part of the whole entire series has been so far...Lisa Rinna losing her voice. Thank you God. Thank you production. Thank you whoever breathed on her to get her sick. Thank you for whatever reason we were given a week off of listening to her squak.

tyler perry madea GIF

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I found it interesting that the lie detector test did not (at least on TV) address the original reveal of the dog info.  Did LVP agree to having Teddi know?  Having at least one John talk about it on camera?  Etc.   I think that issue is muddier than Radaronline, and it's interesting that they didn't go there.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

I found it interesting that the lie detector test did not (at least on TV) address the original reveal of the dog info.  Did LVP agree to having Teddi know?  Having at least one John talk about it on camera?  Etc.   I think that issue is muddier than Radaronline, and it's interesting that they didn't go there.

Exactly it was conveniently left out like after ALL that shit and you saying you want to prove your innocence you don’t address the one question that started it all? 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, outofbounds said:

Point proven that no matter what she does people will believe whatever fits their own theory.

Forgive me for finding this laughable. Inadmissible in a court of law is one thing but to believe that Lisa sat down and taught herself how not to react to a question...gimme a break. 

Anyway....

This episode was boring. Camille’s wedding dress was beautiful. This season can end already.

Laughable is a lying old bag so desperate she thinks a poly is going to vindicate her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Exactly it was conveniently left out like after ALL that shit and you saying you want to prove your innocence you don’t address the one question that started it all? 

What we need is to have Maury co-host (or host, I have no problem getting rid of Andy) the reunion with his lie detector team in tow. The women, each of them except Denise, should be tested individually, with questions submitted by the viewers. At the end of the show, Maury,  after the women shrieked at each other for hours and are feeling smug, will show a highlight reel of the funniest and most ridiculous questions and responses, and then read the results. I think it's fair to assume we can get a couple pages of snark just out of the dropping jaws, popping eyes, sneers, and Rinna's single tear that will ensue.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

Kyle tells everyone how she found out about LVP and the lie detector test...I am not sure who are the better actors, Kyle for trying to sell that line convincingly or the other HW's reacting like they believe that story. 

Kyle, Camille and that little car, I have no answer for that but I do know that now I want one.

Mauricio, Edwin, stoned and hysterical. 

Edwin's tiny ponytail looked stupid.

Why was everyone so exicited about the pasta in a cheese wheel?  It's been around for ages, did they think someone reinvented the wheel? Lol!  Pasta was an odd menu choice given that all the HW's are anti carbors and Hawaii has so much fish.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15