Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: One Wedding And A Polygraph

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

we arnt pets we arnt accessories we are people ....

Exactly!  That's why I've never understood why this doesn't seem to bother them.  We've heard it said on many of the HWs shows, and I cringe every single time one of these doofuses says it ("my gay".) 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

For me LVP’s joke was like Bill Maher’s use of the n word. They each thought they were so down they could say the things they did, which was wrong. Do I think it’s fair for people to brand them as transphobic or racist due to one bad joke? No. I personally save that energy for the true hatred out there.

LVP has been an outspoken advocate of the LGBT community for so long. Not fair to label her as transphobic due to one poor joke. 

To be clear, I am not saying that LVP is "transphobic." I am saying her "snarky joke" was transphobic. (I won't be defending Bill Maher, who I think is a whole lot of terrible things).  That likely means that for all of her ally-ship, LVP can occasionally indulge in stereotyped thinking about trans people (and not for nothing, women). Many people do. It doesn't mean she's secretly transphobic.

But her ally-ship also doesn't give her an excuse to say something transphobic. So she should apologize, especially to those who were hurt by what she said. Making excuse after excuse as to why her statement wasn't transphobic, saying that people are just "snowflakes" who are too sensitive isn't going to convince trans people - and others - to not be offended. Admitting that she made a mistake, that she is sorry for it, and that she'll do better next time would go a lot longer than being told by those who love her that I'm just a snowflake for finding an offensive statement insulting. 

ETA: Obviously, I don't think her supporters should apologize for her. I'm just saying that if she apologized, I would find that more persuasive about what her character is than being told by her supporters that I'm the bad one for finding an obvious transphobic remark to be obviously transphobic.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Was I the only one absolutely thrilled to see Patrick Muldoon? As a kid watching TV in the 1990s, he was Dylan McKay levels of heartthrob-worthy as Jeff, the older waiter who briefly broke up Zack and Kelly on Saved by the Bell, and Richard Hart on Melrose Place. He didn't exactly age well, but I always had a soft spot for him.

Denise would obviously have been better off marrying him than Charlie Sheen. 😛 

No, I completely agree. I always thought he was such a hottie, and I too still have a soft spot for him. 

I wish Denise had married him instead of Charlie as well. I think I read somewhere Patrick never wanted kids, so that may be why they didn’t get married. 

2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Exactly!  That's why I've never understood why this doesn't seem to bother them.  We've heard it said on many of the HWs shows, and I cringe every single time one of these doofuses says it ("my gay".) 

Andy’s called the women out for this. Do any of them still say “my gay”? 

• Love 4
Just now, eleanorofaquitaine said:

To be clear, I am not saying that LVP is "transphobic." I am saying her "snarky joke" was transphobic. (I won't be defending Bill Maher, who I think is a whole lot of terrible things).  That likely means that for all of her ally-ship, LVP can occasionally indulge in stereotyped thinking about trans people (and not for nothing, women). Many people do. It doesn't mean she's secretly transphobic.

But her ally-ship also doesn't give her an excuse to say something transphobic. So she should apologize, especially to those who were hurt by what she said. Making excuse after excuse as to why her statement wasn't transphobic, saying that people are just "snowflakes" who are too sensitive isn't going to convince trans people - and others - to not be offended. Admitting that she made a mistake, that she is sorry for it, and that she'll do better next time would go a lot longer than being told by those who love her that I'm just a snowflake for finding an offensive statement insulting.

My post wasn’t specific to anyone here, but there are people, including Rinna, calling her transphobic. I think there are some people who are quick to bash her. I think Lisa’s advocacy is from the bottom of her heart, and she’d probably be really hurt if people really think she’s transphobic due to one joke. 

It would be nice of Lisa to apologize, but I personally will continue to appreciate her being a loud and proud supporter of the community whether she does or not. I have had countless arguments with people her age who don’t support the community. The stuff I have heard some say is really disgusting, and I will not group Lisa with the true hateful bigots.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Maybe she can wear a hair shirt and whip herself like the Templar guys on “Knightfall.”

No apology will ever be enough. It never is.

it is just another reason to leave this show and this network. She will do great on the E Channel since  nobody is as classy and politically correct as the Kardashian’s.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

we arnt pets we arnt accessories we are people ....

"I accessorize with gay people" is the new "I have a black friend"? 

I kid. They're both tired old chestnuts that should be taken out behind the barn and dealt with. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, langford peel said:

Maybe she can wear a hair shirt and whip herself like the Templar guys on “Knightfall.”

No apology will ever be enough. It never is.

it is just another reason to leave this show and this network. She will do great on the E Channel since  nobody is as classy and politically correct as the Kardashian’s.

She hasn't given an apology. So yes, you are correct that an apology not given is not going to be enough of an apology.

• Love 6

No apologies will ever be enough for the people who want her off the show.

If that comment is truly as horrendous as it is being portrayed it will be reflected in the business she does it in SUR, Pump and Tom Tom.

Somehow I don’t think it is going to be a problem.

• Love 6

No apologies will ever be enough for the people who want her off the show.

If that comment is truly as horrendous as it is being portrayed it will be reflected in the business she does it in SUR, Pump and Tom Tom.

Somehow I don’t think it is going to be a problem.

I don't care if she's on the show or not. And I don't judge whether or not I find something offensive based on the bottom line at her restaurants. She'll always have the fans who will literally defend every single thing she does, no matter how wrong it is. I don't expect that to stop. But if she is truly the great LGBTQ ally she says she is, then I would expect she apologize for causing harm to a community she cares so much about.

• Love 16

People like LVP expect others to indulge them, regardless of their behavior - and, amazingly, it often works.

It’s a deflection tactic to claim an apology will never be enough - and, amazingly, that often works too.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

For me LVP’s joke was like Bill Maher’s use of the n word. They each thought they were so down they could say the things they did, which was wrong. Do I think it’s fair for people to brand them as transphobic or racist due to one bad joke? No. I personally save that energy for the true hatred out there.

LVP has been an outspoken advocate of the LGBT community for so long. Not fair to label her as transphobic due to one poor joke. 

I agree with your entire statement.  LVP and Bill M both think they are better than others, their shit doesn't stink, and IMO neither of them is as smart as they think they are.  (Smart people know that jokes they make amongst friends are not the same as jokes that can be made in public.) And I don't know how Bill reacted, but anyone interested will be waiting a looooooong time to get an unqualified apology from LVP.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Well, members of the trans community ARE taking it as an insult (as evidenced by the trans individuals who tweeted about it, who tweets are in the article posted). So whether or not you or I believe Lisa meant it to be an insult, there are trans individuals who are expressing that they felt insulted. They didn't feel like it was just a "snarky joke."

I have no doubt that some people were offended by the joke. I think they are entitled to their feelings and have a right to express them. I don't think it was a good thing to say. But, I do think intention matters.  It's a behavior marker that we use in society, as parents, and in the law.  Intending to do something is always worse, regardless of the outcome. If you accidentally break my nose vs. intentionally breaking it, my nose is still the same amount of broken, but my feelings about you would be very different in each scenario. 

It hasn't even been 24 hours, let's give her a minute to realize that she offended some people and apologize for it. (I don't think she offended every member of the trans community though because like any group, that community of people is made up of a collection of individuals with different brains, different personalities and different senses of humor.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

I have no doubt that some people were offended by the joke. I think they are entitled to their feelings and have a right to express them. I don't think it was a good thing to say. But, I do think intention matters.  It's a behavior marker that we use in society, as parents, and in the law.  Intending to do something is always worse, regardless of the outcome. If you accidentally break my nose vs. intentionally breaking it, my nose is still the same amount of broken, but my feelings about you would be very different in each scenario. 

It hasn't even been 24 hours, let's give her a minute to realize that she offended some people and apologize for it. (I don't think she offended every member of the trans community though because like any group, that community of people is made up of a collection of individuals with different brains, different personalities and different senses of humor.)

But you can cause offense without intending to, and in doing so, you can also reveal things about who you are.  LVP's intention was quite clearly to insult Erika but she did so in a way that caused offense among some who are trans. There are a million ways to insult Erika that don't involve doing so at the expense of a vulnerable group of people.  LVP's insult to some in the trans community was unintentional (I agree with that) but that she would so thoughtlessly and flippantly throw that community under the bus to just say something nasty and mean about Erika says something about who she is.

And yes, I agree that not every member of the trans community found it insulting. But enough did, and enough expressed it, that I don't think that they should be dismissed as humorless snowflakes. 

Personally, I don't think it should have taken 24 hours to apologize. She should have had a tweet ready to go as soon as the ep aired. She knew what she said, and it shouldn't require an outcry from trans individuals on Twitter to prompt her to apologize.  It reeks of damage control that it has taken this long for her to stay something - wanting to see if this will blow over or if her fans will be vociferous enough on social media that she doesn't need to say anything at all. I do understand that mileage varies on that, though, and if she genuinely doesn't understand that the remark was transphobic, then I can understand perhaps feeling overwhelmed.

ETA: Not a bad apology. I wish she said, "I am sorry for what I said." And then go into the rest of the statement, which is actually pretty good. But it is something. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 8
(edited)
15 minutes ago, nexxie said:

People like LVP expect others to indulge them, regardless of their behavior - and, amazingly, it often works.

It’s a deflection tactic to claim an apology will never be enough - and, amazingly, that often works too.

Everything is a deflection if it doesn’t lead to the destruction of LVP  and her being forced off the show.

The effect on her business is the actual determining factor. 

To coin a phrase “Money talks and bullshit walks.”

I see that LVP has apologized. I predict that will not be enough. It is never enough. It will be with us as long as puppy-gate as a cudgel to whack her with.

Watch and see.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 14

Ugh....and from the bottom of my heart 🙄

I laughed SO hard when Kyle asked if Lisa thought they thought she’d murdered someone and in the next breath Teddi is commenting about how Ted Bundy beat a polygraph. Look, I know they’re beatable and not admissible in court but do you know the kind of psychopathic mind you have to have in order to beat one? Lisa may be smart and manipulative but suggesting she is on the same level as Bundy was truly laughable. And proof that no matter what these idiots would never believe her so why should she bother? There was a Dr Phil episode on yesterday with a woman who was CONVINCED her husband was cheating on her, even sleeping with these women in their bed while she was in it. He agreed to a polygraph and Dr Phil said no because he knew that no matter the results the woman would’ve said “but...” afterwards. The woman was at a point where she would only believe evidence that backed up her theory. She had reached irrationality. He told the husband not to listen to his wife’s bullshit anymore. The next time she said anything about him cheating he needed to walk away and not entertain it. She could do what she wanted but he was not dealing with it anymore. I think Lisa needs to heed this advice.

Can we move on from the transphobic discussion? I think the lot of you have let your views be known. You aren’t changing any minds here. We get it. Some of you think it was an issue and some don’t think it was a big deal...move.on.

• Love 17

LVP’s apology doesn’t include the word, or actually say “she’s sorry” - but she did admit to a “poor choice of words.” 

”It was not my intention to belittle the trans community with my poor choice of words directed toward Erika,” Vanderpump told Page Six in a statement on Wednesday. “I have nothing but respect and love for trans people around the world, as I have been a staunch supporter, provided employment offered emotional support and championed LGBTQ issues. With recent news of trans women losing their lives for living their authentic truth in a world of discrimination and hate, I never want to diminish the very real pain and struggle that trans people go through every day.”

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, langford peel said:

Everything is a deflection if it doesn’t lead to the destruction of LVP  and her being forced off the show.

The effect on her business is the actual determining factor. 

To coin a phrase “Money talks and bullshit walks.”

I see that LVP has apologized. I predict that will not be enough. It is never enough. It will be with us as long as puppy-gate as a cudgel to whack her with.

Watch and see.

Her apology was enough for me. 

Lisa fancies herself a comedian. It’s hard to be funny without offending people sometimes. I think if any of us were on TV as much as she is, at some point we’d say something hurtful. It happens to the best of us. 

ETA: I am not trans so I don't want to sound like the apology is for me, nor that I speak on the LGBT community's behalf. But I have friends who are lesbian, gay, bi, and transgender. I go out of my way to take up for them with family, friends, acquaintances, coworkers, and anyone who is transphobic or bigot of any kind. I very much care for anyone who does deal with all the nastiness that is unfortunately out there. As Lisa says, they need the heterosexual voice. I don't want to make light of the issue, but I really think Lisa's heart is in the right place. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 18
(edited)

Humor is no longer acceptable. 

That's not true; in fact, this very sentiment (however tiresome it's now become) is kind of hilarious to me. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Her apology was enough for me. 

*eagerly waits to see whether it was good enough for Billie 'How dare you not invite me to a Girl's Night Event that I'm already working, it means you're totally transphobic I never said that, I just liked some tweets' Lee* 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, nexxie said:

LVP’s apology doesn’t include the word, or actually say “she’s sorry” - but she did admit to a “poor choice of words.” 

”It was not my intention to belittle the trans community with my poor choice of words directed toward Erika,” Vanderpump told Page Six in a statement on Wednesday. “I have nothing but respect and love for trans people around the world, as I have been a staunch supporter, provided employment offered emotional support and championed LGBTQ issues. With recent news of trans women losing their lives for living their authentic truth in a world of discrimination and hate, I never want to diminish the very real pain and struggle that trans people go through every day.”

Like I said it will never be enough. It never is. It never will be.

You always make a mistake when you apologize. You should just stand by the fact that it was a joke. Just like a joke about the Holocaust or 911.

Until the speech codes are enforced.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

That's not true; in fact, this very sentiment (however tiresome it's now become) is kind of hilarious to me. 

I am glad you are laughing and I am not offended by your hilarity. Enjoy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

You always make a mistake when you apologize. You should just stand by the fact that it was a joke. Just like a joke about the Holocaust or 911.

I didn’t say it wasn’t enough - just noted what was and wasn’t mentioned. Most people are able to say “I apologize” or “I’m sorry” without feeling bad about themselves. Narcissists can’t. For LVP, it was a good effort.

• Love 5

This nonsense is why I no longer watch the show.  Who said what and how did that offend someone, whether it did or not, is not good TV.  It reinforces the concept that nothing is off limits and we've lost our civility.

I see enough of that every day.  I don't watch TV to have more of the same.  And throwing two minutes of scenes from Hawaii in doesn't make that any better.

• Love 4
(edited)

First, how convenient Kyle knows someone who is at a lie dectector place.

Second, if Lisa refused to take a lie dectector test they'd attack her, if she did take it they attack her.

Third, no matter what Lisa does, these women will villify her

Fourth, can the ladies look any more desparate than they already do? They are just pathetic. Dorit is the most desparat with her 14 pairs of sunglasses.

Fifth, can Camille sound any less condescending when talking to her mom She sounds like she's talking to a 2 year old instead of a grown woman.

Edited by sunshine23
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Totally agree on not liking a pile-on. There are few people who deserve it. I always end up feeling for the person who’s piled on, even if the other side has legitimate grievances. 

I hate a pile-on, I am so sick of the witch-hunt!  I too end up feeling bad for the person who is getting hunted.  It is witch-hunting culture these days, and it is so crazy!

• Love 15
46 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I agree, forced apologies are never the right way to go.  I always wish the person would just say, "no I will not apologize!"  Things will blow over, they always do.  No one can make everyone happy all of the time.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

My post wasn’t specific to anyone here, but there are people, including Rinna, calling her transphobic

Rinna has proven herself to be an idiot.  She wants nothing more than to bring LVP down.  I'd be happy if she quietly slinked away from this show. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

How much did Erika pay Page Six to choose that photo of LVP? Yikes.

Erica didn't have to pay a damn thing. Anytime LVP opens her mouth those horse teeth are front and center. You can't miss 'em.

Somebody get her a carrot or a bag of oats.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I am clearly not an LVP fan, and I have been highly critical of her this season, but, aside from the unavoidable schadenfreude that accompanies the fact that her witty British humor fell flat, I am not holding her comment about Erika against her, and I'm not taking a stand about it.

I think Lisa should be off the show, because it's just not working anymore, but I don't see why she can't depart amicably.  She had a good run.  I am certainly not calling for her to lose her job over this comment, and unless some hair-raising shit comes to light, I'm not going to mention it again.  I am not looking to get into an argument or a discussion, but I just wanted to put it out there that two things can be true at once:  you can dislike LVP without taking issue with everything she says.  I'm not faulting her for this.  It was a joke that flopped, nothing more (to me).

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, outofbounds said:

Ugh....and from the bottom of my heart 🙄

I laughed SO hard when Kyle asked if Lisa thought they thought she’d murdered someone and in the next breath Teddi is commenting about how Ted Bundy beat a polygraph. Look, I know they’re beatable and not admissible in court but do you know the kind of psychopathic mind you have to have in order to beat one? Lisa may be smart and manipulative but suggesting she is on the same level as Bundy was truly laughable. And proof that no matter what these idiots would never believe her so why should she bother? There was a Dr Phil episode on yesterday with a woman who was CONVINCED her husband was cheating on her, even sleeping with these women in their bed while she was in it. He agreed to a polygraph and Dr Phil said no because he knew that no matter the results the woman would’ve said “but...” afterwards. The woman was at a point where she would only believe evidence that backed up her theory. She had reached irrationality. He told the husband not to listen to his wife’s bullshit anymore. The next time she said anything about him cheating he needed to walk away and not entertain it. She could do what she wanted but he was not dealing with it anymore. I think Lisa needs to heed this advice.

Can we move on from the transphobic discussion? I think the lot of you have let your views be known. You aren’t changing any minds here. We get it. Some of you think it was an issue and some don’t think it was a big deal...move.on.

Anybody can beat one, you don't have to be a psychopath, you just have to manipulate your physical responses to each question being asked. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Anybody can beat one, you don't have to be a psychopath, you just have to manipulate your physical responses to each question being asked. 

Not so hard when the test taker provides the exact questions, and has had plenty of time to practice her responses.

• Love 4

From the Twitterverse

D7LSbqIXkAEd9Gd.jpg

Lisa's outfit and GiggyBot2 are wearing the same outfits they wore to the Polygraph place. Right down to the light blue neck shawl and hairstyle for the day. So did LVP go do the Polygraph before Camille was over at the house or did she go right after?

Reddit site says the guy who did the polygraph test has appeared on other reality tv shows (Marriage Boot Camp). The guy he tested was cheating on his wife but after the LD test he said the guy was telling the truth when he said that he didn't cheat

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It was a joke that flopped, nothing more (to me).

I thought it was funny, but I understand that some people are upset by it.  Hopefully LVP's apology will help.  I do think the hysteria over it is ridiculous though.  YMMV. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Giselle said:

It was an unnecessary slam with no truth. LVP will roll it off as british humor and put the onus on Erica that she can't take a joke.

It was petty and LVP is less for it.

LVP has a lot of hostility towards Erika.

She sided with Dorit on Pantygate all the way to the reunion

She sided with Teddy at the reunion in the Erika/Teddy confrontation

She reprimanded Erika when she failed to text her when Pre-Giggy passed

When they were in the Bahamas, Rinna said this is the time to air any issues. She started with Erika and Erika said I'm happy everything is great. LVP goes next and instead of saying I'm upset with Dorit/Teddi she goes after Erika to tell her the condolence card wasn't good enough. She's the OWL balloon popper

giphy.gif

After Kyle had the confrontation with LVP at her house, I don't understand why LVP iced all of the other ladies out. I understand her not wanting to talk to Kyle/Dorit/Teddi but Camille/Denise/Erika/Rinna - there was no reason.

Bringing up the "tucking" comment about Erika was a jab at Erika. Bringing her/Including her into a fight where she isn't one of the main contenders.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

LVP has a lot of hostility towards Erika.

She sided with Dorit on Pantygate all the way to the reunion

She sided with Teddy at the reunion in the Erika/Teddy confrontation

She reprimanded Erika when she failed to text her when Pre-Giggy passed

When they were in the Bahamas, Rinna said this is the time to air any issues. She started with Erika and Erika said I'm happy everything is great. LVP goes next and instead of saying I'm upset with Dorit/Teddi she goes after Erika to tell her the condolence card wasn't good enough. She's the OWL balloon popper

giphy.gif

After Kyle had the confrontation with LVP at her house, I don't understand why LVP iced all of the other ladies out. I understand her not wanting to talk to Kyle/Dorit/Teddi but Camille/Denise/Erika/Rinna - there was no reason.

Bringing up the "tucking" comment about Erika was a jab at Erika. Bringing her/Including her into a fight where she isn't one of the main contenders.

Agreed. 

All that history and then LVP, expecting more, berated her for a hand written condolence note.

Bitch!

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I just wanted to put it out there that two things can be true at once:  you can dislike LVP without taking issue with everything she says.  I'm not faulting her for this.  It was a joke that flopped, nothing more (to me).

Yes, I agree- we are capable of nuanced readings of the situation and it’s really not helpful (or accurate) to just lump people into fan groups based on how they felt about the joke.

By the same token, you can also be someone who likes LVP and still finds the joke transphobic. I’ve been solidly #TeamLVP this season- I don’t believe she had anything to do with the ROL story (but also wouldn’t care if she did) and I think the other women are behaving in an insane manner. But I also found the joke very problematic and potentially harmful (as others have already pointed out so I won’t belabor why). I don’t believe Lisa is truly transphobic, but I do believe her joke was so I’m glad she apologized. As to whether her apology is good enough? That’s not for me (who is not a member of the trans community) to decide.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
38 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Not so hard when the test taker provides the exact questions, and has had plenty of time to practice her responses.

Doug Williiams has a history of showing how it's not reliable and how to beat one.

Two you tube videos.

https://youtu.be/JVny8DEijsA

Also

Edited by Giselle
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Haven't finished the ep yet but yesshhh it is BORING up in here!! These ladies don't bring anything. I think Edwin is gunning for his own diamond next season. I wanted to add that I heard in the show "Adam ruins everything" that even the guy who invented the lie detector said it is b.s. and doesn't at all work. I feel for anyone who has been wrongly accused and the l.d. is the final piece of "evidence" that convicted them. Except of course LVP bc who cares, honestly. 

Lie detectors are not admissible in court because they are unreliable 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I love the contortions about practicing the lie detector questions and channeling her inner Ted Bundy and the guy sucks at giving the test anyway... and no one jumps to the logical conclusion that this is a reality show that is heavily edited and can say whatever they need to say? For all we know, LVP 100%ed the first test, where all they did was ask her if her first name was Lisa and if she had a dog named Giggy and then she failed the second test, where they asked her about the Radar Online stuff. 

Occam's Razor, y'all. Or breathing techniques and Botox to cancel out the sweating and Kyle having a friend's daughter who was burgled and was conducting lie detector tests on all of her contractors, whatever floats your boat. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Lie detectors are not admissible in court because they are unreliable 

They are admissable in some states but both defense and prosecution have to stipulate them being used as evidence and a judge still decides whether it can be admissable.

Edited by Giselle
Lamb chops for dinner.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, endure said:

God Rinna is loud and brash

Brash?    I first read it as Trash.... which would also apply.   She is so annoying    Best part was her not being able to talk

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Giselle said:

They are admissable in some states but both defense and prosecution have to stipulate them being used as evidence and a judge still decides whether it can be admissable.

Thank you for the information- I did not realize that

• Love 2

Am I the only fan of “The Americans” on here? There’s a brilliant episode in Season Two where a newbie double agent (Nina) has to take a polygraph administered by the FBI. She’s very nervous and a KGB officer (Oleg) reassures her:

Oleg, a new K.G.B. officer, tries to convince her that being a machine does not make it smart: when a camera takes a picture of you smiling, he asks her, “Does it know if you are happy?” (from The New Yorker)

Oleg instructs Nina to clench her anus repeatedly to beat the polygraph and she passes. As I’ve said before, I don’t think Lisa leaked the story but I also don’t care if she did. But I was thinking of LVP clenching her anus during the test and that made me laugh.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Oleg instructs Nina to clench her anus repeatedly to beat the polygraph and she passes. As I’ve said before, I don’t think Lisa leaked the story but I also don’t care if she did. But I was thinking of LVP clenching her anus during the test and that made me laugh.

Okay, ignore my last post. This is my new canon and I'm sticking with it. Hee!

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Thank you for the information- I did not realize that

I had to look it up.

Some states you can't use it period. Texas is one of those states. 

Some states even if admitted it can only be used in specific ways.

• Useful 3
5 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Am I the only fan of “The Americans” on here? There’s a brilliant episode in Season Two where a newbie double agent (Nina) has to take a polygraph administered by the FBI. She’s very nervous and a KGB officer (Oleg) reassures her:

Oleg, a new K.G.B. officer, tries to convince her that being a machine does not make it smart: when a camera takes a picture of you smiling, he asks her, “Does it know if you are happy?” (from The New Yorker)

So true.

Clutch your anus, bite your tongue, relax your breathing, internal calm, it's all bio-feedback . You don't have to be a psychopath to pass.

I've been wanting to watch "The Americans."

• Love 1