Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Who's da New King of Hell?

Interesting season finale. I wonder why they waited for the last episode to exchange the ILY’s.  I was wondering when Eve would realize that she was repeating her behavior with Adam.  I laughed out loud when Lucy tried to break up with her and the only thing she took away from the conversation was that it implied Lucifer loved her.

Also hilarious, was when Eve was mimicking Lucifer’s Frat Boy attempts at being a bad boyfriend.

I personally did not like the final solution, now, next season will be a race to see who can get Lucifer back from Hell.  I wonder if Maze can take Chloe to Hell and both of them rescue Lucifer.  That would be a great plot.

• Love 4

Are we so sure there IS a Season 5? I was fine with this as the end of the show. The episodes started off pretty good, but I found myself repeating what I did during Season 3 - FFwd through all of the police procedural stuff, which is bad even by broadcast TV standards, and watching scenes with Dr. Linda and Maze and Lucifer when Chloe isn't around.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, WildPlum said:

Are we so sure there IS a Season 5? I was fine with this as the end of the show. The episodes started off pretty good, but I found myself repeating what I did during Season 3 - FFwd through all of the police procedural stuff, which is bad even by broadcast TV standards, and watching scenes with Dr. Linda and Maze and Lucifer when Chloe isn't around.

I believe it could serve as a satisfying end to the series, if that's what happens. 

But I'd like there to be a Season 5 if they can continue to execute the quality they showed in 4.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, WildPlum said:

Hasn't been announced yet. I went looking, and the guess was that the announcement would come in a month or so. (The guess was also that there would be a season 5.)

Dodgy CGI and makeup effects aside (good lord, was Lucifer's Devil Face mouth ever distracting ... uncanny valley distracting), Netflix pulled off more character development in 10 episodes than Fox managed to eke out in 3 seasons. And at long last, we're finally seeing shades of the graphic novel Lucifer. 

Sign me up for Season 5!

• Love 10

Anyone remember or know why Dan was angry with Lucifer for not telling everyone that Pierce was not who he said he was?  Didn’t Lucifer try to warn Chloe that Pierce was shady or did I get confused about that? Also, Lucifer saved Chloe’s life from Pierce and saved Trixie from the assassins that Dan all but ordered up to take out Lucifer? Yet no thanks for either save from Dan. Dan went back on my shit list by the end of this season. Yet, he had the nerve to tell Chloe that Lucifer is a bad guy, after Dan does all kinds of shady shit.

• Love 1
On 5/9/2019 at 1:19 PM, storyskip said:

Lucifer should be able to leave Hell anytime he wants too, so long as he has his wings, which he does

Yes, he can leave at any time, but will he.  He needs to be convinced that he belongs back on Earth with Chloe.  Otherwise, I don’t see why God set Lucifer up with a “Blind Date” in Chloe.  Perhaps, Amenadude’s sister can take over for Lucifer.

• Love 2

I'm amazed at the level of improvement of this season. There were times when I felt the writers were "moronbaiting" us, like they wanted us to believe that the characters were going to act like total morons, (as they used to last season), and then they surprised us by acting like people with operative brains. Well done, really. 

I still don't like Ella as a character, who still feels a bit forced to me, and her relationship with Dan was my only "ugh" moment in the whole season, but everything else was brilliant. I loved that Eve never became evil: she was naive and a bit irresponsible, but she never had ill-intentions. Pity that she didn't hook up with Maze, but the writers left that door open, so it's fine. Ditto with Luci and Chloe. I'm a low-key shipper, but if the show ended here, I wouldn't consider it a bad ending: they love each other, but the relationship between Lucifer and a motal woman was never going to be conventional.

Glad that Amenadiel didn't take the baby to Heaven behind Linda's back.

I had a wtf moment when Linda said they had hired someone to take care of the baby at night. I see the logic behind that decision, but I've never seen anyone doing it in RL. Either you've got enough money to have a full-time nanny or you stick to relatives (most times, though, parents suck it up). 

So, kudos to everyone in Lucifer, I really hope there's a fifth season. 

• Love 9

I loved that the character were back to acting like people not whatever pod people they were replaced with last season. I'm glad the show was able to come back from that awful season 3, because now I want more seasons. But if we don't get more that a good enough ending.

I did like that Eve wasn't evil just naive and irresponsible. When she alive she only had Adam and hers sons to talk too. So it make sense she that she is the way she is. She does need to find out who she is first then she can come back and be with Maze. Which is a little strange for her to be hooking up with the woman who replaced her mother. She may like that though to get back at Lilith. 

I'm glad that Amen didn't take Charlie to heaven because he could never do that to Linda. That kid won't be picked on with Linda, an Angel, the Devil and a demon protecting him.  I really thought with Ella's crisis of faith that she would find out about Lucifer or Amen. There were some strange choices like the Ella/Dan hook up, which I'm glad was only a one time lonely lost souls hook up. And Amen not asking two people he knows about parenthood Chloe and Dan. Especially since they named the kid after Charlotte. He still could've found that kid to befriend and lost him. 

Luci going back to hell makes sense because I was starting to wonder why more demons were not trying to get out. But I guess it was answered because Lucifer banned possession. Mum managed to escape, but I guess she's the Goddess of creation. I hope Lucifer told Maze he was going back and asked her if she wanted too. I think she would say no since she found friends on Earth. I still think he should've asked though. 

6 hours ago, Helena Dax said:

I had a wtf moment when Linda said they had hired someone to take care of the baby at night. I see the logic behind that decision, but I've never seen anyone doing it in RL.

Actually, night nurses are becoming more common among new parents. I’ve seen several posts about them in my new mommies groups.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, Helena Dax said:

I had a wtf moment when Linda said they had hired someone to take care of the baby at night. I see the logic behind that decision, but I've never seen anyone doing it in RL. Either you've got enough money to have a full-time nanny or you stick to relatives (most times, though, parents suck it up). 

Everyone I know with a lot of money gets a night nurse.  Then the nanny comes when mom goes back to work.  I'm in LA and it is usually couples where both are in high level entertainment jobs.

Unpopular opinion, I didn't like Eve.  I thought she was annoying. 

This season was a lot better than last.  It felt more mature.  I don't mean that in a mature content way.  I mean that the writing didn't go for the easy jokes all the time and didn't feel as sophomoric as last season. 

I like that they time jumped and there were not a ton of pregnancy hijinks and that there wasn't some dramatic "sweeps" style delivery.

I would be happy with this as an ending, but would like more.  Last year didn't leaving me wanting more, but I figured I'd tune in and see if the move to Netflix improved things.  I'm glad I did.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 7

If we get a season 5, how are the police going to deal with all those dead bodies. Just a random thought. 

Final assessment on Eve: I ended up liking her. She is sweet and a bit naive. She is a nice light. 

Maze is still my girl. Love her❤️👿❤️

• Love 3

I think I am most puzzled by how the various non-humans experience time. Lucifer has been on earth something like a handful-ish of years? But he was down in Hell for millennia before this vacation. Clearly, it was long enough for "dad" and Amenadiel to be all "ok dude, long enough" but I do wonder if the demons who'd been down there for so so so long should've found this trip particularly long? Relatively speaking.

Separately, sure he's bummed he's sittin' on the throne and keepin' in things in order to prevent upheaval, but, like, dude, just continue going on vacations? It seems like he maybe truly was over the whole existential crisis he was originally having on the show, the reason he was explicitly refusing to go back in the first place. But if he's now like, nah y'all, I'm not who people presume I was, but I do have shit to do down there also, it's really not a binary choice. And since he was able to be gone for quite some time before it even occurred to anyone to try a rebellion against him, sure seems like hanging out in LA for a week or so here or there is probably NBD? Probably not so soon after the events of this episode, but he's not stuck down there like the dead. And (if the show continues) if the show implies he can't leave due to anything other than obligation/fear of what'll happen, that'll be extremely disappointing.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 10:37 AM, rwlevin said:

Actually, night nurses are becoming more common among new parents. I’ve seen several posts about them in my new mommies groups.

Although it does point up the plot hole of how the demons knew about the night nurse, knew exactly what agency Linda had hired, knew enough to call and cancel the nurse.... because, well, because the writers needed that to happen so the baby could be kidnapped AND Amenwhosis could have his moment of setup.

It would have made just as much sense for one of the possessed to break in, kill the night nurse and steal the baby. More sense, in fact.

Edited by WildPlum
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, WildPlum said:

It would have made just as much sense for one of the possessed to break in, kill the night nurse and steal the baby. More sense, in fact.

Yes, but then we wouldn’t have heard Amenadiel’s revelation that Charlie should stay on earth.

• Love 1
(edited)

This season's story, especially one featuring yet another love triangle, could have easily gone so wrong, but it miraculously dodged pretty much every pitfall that season 3 fell into.

The Lucifer/Chloe/Eve dynamic didn't serve to manufacture cheap, soapy drama this time, but to reveal the two competing sides of Lucifer: angel and devil. And what really surprised me was how, in the end, neither of them were 100% right. Both women were pulling him in directions that he didn't like, and this tension was ultimately resolved by Lucifer embracing both aspects of himself instead of fully denying one or the other. This got to be his own personal journey rather than a shallow competition over which woman suited him best. 

It would have been so easy and predictable to frame Eve as the obvious wrong and Chloe as the obvious right, but it was more nuanced than that. Chloe herself made some shallow attempts to change Lucifer (drink less, volunteer at a soup kitchen, be more philanthropic) that were clearly just as misguided as Eve's. And her initial inability to accept him was her problem, not his. Lucifer didn't have to domesticate himself in order to please or be worthy of Chloe, as previous seasons sometimes implied.

I have a feeling that if this show had remained on Fox, Lucifer's character arc would have never ended up with him embracing both sides of himself and even using his devil side to save the day. Eve would have likely been fully vilified, and Chloe would have been the totally correct and responsible one all along, a fact that Lucifer would've been too dumb to realize until the end.

There was also more focus on Lucifer's powers and status than maybe the entire previous three seasons put together. Too many earlier episodes only featured them as irrelevant incidentals. I loved seeing Lucifer acting like a king with his demons, a facet of him we'd never gotten until now.

His character finally has his dignity and gravitas fully re-established, and is no longer the season 3 bumbling eccentric puppy. Overall, this felt like the kind of tone, theme, and character work that the writers would have always pursued if not for Fox's hamstringing.

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Love 23
On 5/11/2019 at 9:43 AM, Sakura12 said:

I hope Lucifer told Maze he was going back and asked her if she wanted too. I think she would say no since she found friends on Earth. I still think he should've asked though. 

Agreed. She wouldn't have abandoned her post as Auntie Maze, but it felt like a letdown (especially if this is the series end) that Chloe is the only one Lucifer had a goodbye scene with.

• Love 2

Despite my disappointment with the least season, I'm so glad I checked out this show on Netflix.  The police procedural stuff took a backseat to the celestial stuff.  This is the show I wanted the whole time.  They showed maturity and a lot of nuance and the characters were not turned into the cartoons there were in season 3.

I like that Lucifer actually got to embrace who he really is, and how Chloe and Eve were both kind of vehicles  for that, yet they still got some interesting development in their own right.

I liked Eve and I'm glad that she didn't turn out to be evil (having the first woman turn evil after essentially being jilted would have very unfortunate implications) but was a little naive and misguided.  And they left it open for her to come back.

I thought it was a good ending and I'd be OK if they weren't picked up, although from how popular it is on Netflix, I'm hoping for another season.  They have a lot of opportunities for next year:  Demons coming to Earth, Nephilim (and I would assume Watchers?), they have yet to explore Chloe's origins, and Eve, Adam, Lilith and Maze could have some interesting stories to play out.  And of course there's always when the next person finds out (Dan or Ella).  And my personal interest but definite long shot: Canaanite mythology.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I wonder if Maze has any intention of going back to Hell?

To put it in horrible English, ESL people, don't follow my lead:  Auntie Maze ain't going  anywhere.  She protecting her girl's baby, Angel Charlie.  Although, I do have to wonder, if Amenadude gives his son a tour of the Silver City, what will Maze do?  Probably protect Linda until Amenadude returns with Charlie.

I know Maze isn't going to leave Linda and Charlie but she's supposed to be Lucifer's loyal bodyguard and they barely share scenes anymore. I wanted him to ask and her to say no, to bring it back to the first season where she wanted to go back. 

• Love 3

Never knew that I wanted a dance number on Lucifer, but here we go!  And nobody apparently puts Dan in a corner, according to Luci's fantasy!

Solid enough finale with the main villains being disgruntled demons who are upset with Lucifer for abandoning them, and basically try to create a new king with Poor Baby Charles.  Bonus points for one of them being Finley of course, which led to Graham McTavish getting to chew the scenery like the pro that he is.  And it led to Amenadiel and Maze throwing down against them, which is always a positive.

But it all leads to to Lucifer deciding that he needs to go back to Hell in order to maintain control.  Even after Chloe finally tells him that she loves him.  If the shows does get another season, I wonder how they'll work it all out.  Another angel assuming the mantle for some reason and allowing Lucifer to go back to Earth?

Glad Amenadiel saw the light and didn't try to take Charles to the Silver City, because that really would have been unforgivable.

Glad that Eve has been set-up for a possible return.  Inbar Lavi ended up being a very welcoming addition to the series' cast.

Dan and Ella seemed to get sidelined this season, with the former mainly in a rut over Charlotte's death, while the latter was about her question her faith.

Sad that there wasn't a final Trixie appearance.

All in all, a major step up from S3.  Not perfect, of course, but it was back to the show that I enjoyed when it first came on.  If this is it, the ending works as a possible bittersweet series finale, but I hope Netflix keeps it going as long as the writers can maintain this quality and not regress.

• Love 7

A very nice rebound for the show from last season. The characters became real again and the show was much tighter. 

When Eve told Maze that she had to find herself b/c she'd been doing w/ Luci what she did w/ Adam - making herself what she thought they wanted - and Maze said she still wanted to be w/ her, my thought was that Maze knows her (this go-around) as the party girl for Lucifer. Whoever Eve decides she truly is, might not be someone Maze wants to be with. I hope Maze can deal w/ that. 

Ella's reaffirmation of belief in dear ol' Dad came on rather quickly, but with only 10 episodes, things like that are bound to happen. 

I like that the bubble wrap is still on everything in Dr. Linda's house, just in case baby Charley sprouts wings and decides to go on fly-abouts. 

Amenadude and Maze kicking ass and not taking names is always welcome. And I'm glad he didn't take Charley to the Silver City. There's no coming back from that unless there's significant danger and he first clears it w/ Dr. Linda and Auntie Maze. 

Disappointed there wasn't more Trixie this season. If there's a Season 5 maybe they'll be able to work her into a storyline that lasts longer than one episode. 

We really do need to know how time works in Hell as compared to LA (a/k/a Hell on Earth). If a week in LA is 10,000 years in Hell, then it will be tough for Luci to take too many vacations. He needs to attend to his demon subjects for a few millennia to make sure that no new rebellions take place. 

This episode would make for a satisfying series finale, but I hope we get a fifth season.

• Love 5
(edited)

I am all in for a season 5. This was such a huge improvement over season 3, I can’t believe I was watching the same show. Every episode there were scenes that I watched over and over (that dance number killed me), and I’ll probably re-watch the entire season. I loved Eve and hope we see her again, and count me in with the people who missed Trixie. A 10-episode season can do wonders for a show’s storytelling.

More, please!

Edited to give huge props to the person/people responsible for selecting the songs for this show. My music collection is richer thanks to them.

Edited by sharifa70
  • Love 5

So enjoyed this last season, every episode was fun. Of all the Netflix made products, this one was my favourite.

I’m puzzled though, what happened to the baby tracker the nurse was supposed to have put on Charlie at the hospital?

Very much hoping for a fifth season.

49 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I’m puzzled though, what happened to the baby tracker the nurse was supposed to have put on Charlie at the hospital? 

She'd have taken it off when Linda and Charlie were discharged. Those are only for keeping someone from abducting babies from the maternity ward, which would be the hospital's responsibility to prevent.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Kudos to the writers for having the guts to write a Season Finale that can also serve as a satisfying Series Finale if that's to be the case, instead of following last year's path of writing a cliff hanger finale thinking that would force the hand of Fox to renew them.  

Loved the scene of Lucifer re-claiming his Kingship over the demons.  Also, Lucifer, Amenadiel and Maze banding together for a fight was definitely satisfying.  And I knew that Eve's stiletto heels would come in handy eventually!

All in all a terrific season.  I hope they get another!

• Love 8

What a wonderful return to form this season has been! Honestly it makes me retroactively wish that this show had always been a Netflix show and not a Fox one, as Fox execs seemed to be really holding the show back, most obviously in the awful season three. 

I thought this was a strong season finale, and possibly a series finale if we do not get a season five. it wrapped up a lot of the plots throughout the season, like baby Charlie, Ammie and Linda, Chloe and Lucifer, the priest and the prophesy, and stuff with Eve, without feeling too stuffed up. This season in general stepped its game up on every level, and while it wasnt perfect (few shows are) it did fix many of the biggest issues plaguing the show in season three, especially the two worst problems, the characterization, and the integration of the cosmic and the procedural plots. Last season, every character was basically either a goofy idiot, hardly around, or did things so stupid and random it made your head spin. Lucifer in particular as a character suffered, it honestly felt like the show forgot that the guy is the freaking Devil, and not just some weird rich guy and the quirky half of the buddy cop straight laced/wild card paring. They also seemed to basically forget about the supernatural elements of the show (the part of the show that made it stand out from the millions of cop shows out there) and just focus dull cop stuff, with Cain as the only cosmic side of it, and that seemed to be more about love triangles and drama than actually interesting ideas about biblical characters in the modern world. But no, the whole season was pointless drama upon love triangle upon love triangle!

This season went full stop on the cosmic side, and gave Lucifer his teeth back, and while he is still a good guy, he is still the actual King of Hell, and he showed that side more which was great to see, for awesome or for angst. The uses of the supernatural sides of the show really stepped up its game, and actually allowed the characters to grow in natural ways, without boring love triangles and such. Less love triangles, more wings please!

Eve also turned out to be a great addition to the show, and having her around as a biblical character around was a million times better than half assed Cain and Abel. I like that she wasnt some seductive conniving vixen, she was a very sweet well meaning naive person who does not think of the consequences of her actions all of the time, but never means any harm and tries to make up for things when she messes up. 

So happy that Amme did not take the baby, that would have just been awful, and its hard to see how Linda would have forgiven him. I do wonder if little Charlie will end up having powers. Will he grow cute little wings when he enters puberty? 

I do really hope for a season five, as I would love to see how Lucifer gets back to LA and gets Hell under control, and what happens to everyone next, especially if it keeps level of quality up, but if nothing else, I am just happy that season three was not how this show ended, and if this is the end of the show, it at least went out on a bang, and not a whisper. 

• Love 2

I’ve just realized the downside to having Lucifer on Netflix is less episodes per season with longer breaks between seasons. How unfair this is after such a great season 4. I can’t wait to see how Lucifer gets Hell back in order and escapes back to L.A. 

I am willing to forgive Netflix for cancelling Daredevil in exchange for season 5 of Lucifer.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Athena5217 said:

I am willing to forgive Netflix for cancelling Daredevil in exchange for season 5 of Lucifer.

Netflix will have to give us at least 3 more seasons of Lucifer for me to even consider forgiving them for Daredevil. Provided those 3 additional apology seasons are as good as what we just had. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

Netflix will have to give us at least 3 more seasons of Lucifer for me to even consider forgiving them for Daredevil. Provided those 3 additional apology seasons are as good as what we just had. 

Well, Netflix officially gave the go ahead for season 3 of "Jessica Jones".  Next best series compared to "Daredevil".  That's a start towards making it up. Plus, who knows what the future streaming Disney+ channel will offer.

They gave the go ahead for JJ before they started canceling all the Marvel shows. JJ has been officially canceled, the only reason it's getting released is because they finished filming season 3 before the cancelling spree. They will probably hide it like they did for DD season 3. 

I also wanted to add that the scene when Lucifer goes full on King of Hell and yells at his minions... First time ever I was legit scared of him. No wonder those demons just scattered the hell out of there.

• Love 5

I wish we had more episodes of this season, and not crappy as hell season three. Some pun intended. But maybe having a shorter season got them to focus more, and that helped it be a better season, not bogged down with as much awful filler and pointless love triangles?

The one thing I hope we can keep from season three in future episodes is Neil Gaimon as the voice of God. That was the best thing the whole season did. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, vavera4ka said:

I also wanted to add that the scene when Lucifer goes full on King of Hell and yells at his minions... First time ever I was legit scared of him. No wonder those demons just scattered the hell out of there.

I completely agree with your assessment but IMO Chloe looked surprisingly turned on by that display of power!

• LOL 4

I thought the season was OK, but kinda disappointing because I was expecting more with the change to Netflix. My main problem was that they introduced Eve, the mother of all humankind, and never really did anything interesting with her. When she first showed up, I thought she was just pretending to be dumb and naive because she had found out that Lucifer had killed her son and she was out for revenge. Since she had been in Heaven for so long, I assumed she absorbed the wisdom of the ages and would be a worthy opponent to Lucifer. So I sat back and waited the whole season for the fireworks to start and then... nothing happened. There was no big bad guy, except for maybe a minor demon that Maze could probably take out with her pinkie, and Eve turned out to be your typical bored housewife who leaves her husband to have a fling with her old high school boyfriend trope, with a squishing a demon's eyeball with her heel variation thrown in. On the other hand, I did enjoy seeing all the old characters again, except they made Dan annoying again. Hopefully Dr. Linda straightened him out.

• Love 1

I don't think Eve was dumb. She was naive. She was the first woman, second human being on Earth. Humankind has evolved since. She is that impressionable kind fun loving person she was in the garden of Eden. She was created to love asnd be loved, and that's exactly what she did, in a basic, naive and, i guess, most primitive way. The way kids love.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Ugh! One man’s Heaven is another man’s Hell.  Musicals = 😩

Ordinarily I agree, but for just this once, I thought using the imaginary dance sequences to show Lucifer's on-top-of-the-world mood swing was damn near genius. It'd get old real fast if they repeated it, though.

• Love 8
On 5/22/2019 at 2:33 PM, vavera4ka said:

Reminds me of something I found really interesting about that scene: when this happened, every demon in the room knelt down involuntarily...except Maze.

Possible that Lucifer held on to enough control to specifically exempt her from his will with the BOW DOWN DEMONS bellowing...but knowing him, I kinda doubt it.

Possible that Maze being in her own body (as opposed to possessing someone) gives her more autonomy.

Possible that Maze is another tier of demon entirely, so he can't control her as easily.

...or, and naturally this is my favorite interpretation, it's a deliberate nod to Maze's character development that she no longer sees herself as subservient to him.

Despite some nice moments, she didn't have much of an independent arc this season, so I'll take what I can get!

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

IMO, by light years better than season 3. And, at least, if there will not be any season 5, the ending is not a cliffhanger. The only thing that I did not understand was why was Dan acting like a douche. I mean, yeah, he lost Charlotte, but was it Lucifer's fault? I mean, my attention span was that of an elephant during season three, so I don't know.

Edited by Rushmoras
52 minutes ago, Rushmoras said:

IMO, by light years better than season 3. And, at least, if there will not be any season 5, the ending is not a cliffhanger.

ITA! Because it was only a 10 episode season, each episode was more robust and had meaning, no filler episode.

53 minutes ago, Rushmoras said:

Dan acting like a douche. I mean, yeah, he lost Charlotte, but was it Lucifer's fault?

I think the Dan character is the only one that remains clueless to all the celestial beings he interacts with every day (Ella as well be she can see an angel so I think Dan is the only one that is a 'normal' human like us). So he is a mess because nothing makes sense to him and he feels completely at a loss and out of control. He thinks Lucifer had something to do with Charlotte's death because no other reason makes sense to him. He had got to blame someone. And it does not help that Lucifer plays practical jokes on him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, free2think said:

I think the Dan character is the only one that remains clueless to all the celestial beings he interacts with every day (Ella as well be she can see an angel so I think Dan is the only one that is a 'normal' human like us). So he is a mess because nothing makes sense to him and he feels completely at a loss and out of control. He thinks Lucifer had something to do with Charlotte's death because no other reason makes sense to him. He had got to blame someone. And it does not help that Lucifer plays practical jokes on him.

Oh, so Dan is only blaming Lucifer because he has no one else to blame and Lucifer being Lucifer always gets on Dan's nerves? OK then, I thought that Lucifer had something directly to do with Charlotte's death (save for not telling the police Pearce is corrupt, IRRC).

33 minutes ago, Rushmoras said:

OK then, I thought that Lucifer had something directly to do with Charlotte's death (save for not telling the police Pearce is corrupt, IRRC).

That he didn't tell them what he knew about Pierce was Dan's justification. He has built it up in his mind that Lucifer knew about Pierce all along and just didn't bother telling anyone, leading to all the bad things that happened.

• Love 3
(edited)

I just finished binging on the entire 4 seasons, and I must say season 4 was great. Season 3 was the weakest of all, I can see why it was originally cancelled, there were too many episodes that seemed out of order or just simply filler.

On 5/9/2019 at 12:42 PM, Jacks-Son said:

I wonder if Maze can take Chloe to Hell and both of them rescue Lucifer.  That would be a great plot.

Yes, I do hope we get a season 5 and this would make a great 10 episode arc. 

I did like the ending as Lucifer is back in hell and it was by his choice this time. He now understands that his actions can have huge repercussions on earth affecting the humans he now considers family. If he self sacrificed to protect his human family, has the devil been redeemed? His wings did go back to white as he flew off.

Edited by free2think
  • Love 4