Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Who's da New King of Hell?

3 hours ago, rainsmom said:

That he didn't tell them what he knew about Pierce was Dan's justification. He has built it up in his mind that Lucifer knew about Pierce all along and just didn't bother telling anyone, leading to all the bad things that happened.

That is the assumption, in my opinion.  Besides, not trusting Lucifer already, Dan blames Lucifer for Charlotte's death simply because he knew Pierce was not who he pretended to be and did not warn the team.  Lucifer did mention to Chloe some vague warnings about Pierce but he never mentioned him being Cain or the Sinnerman until it was too late.  Luci was sort of caught between a rock and a hard place.  He didn't like Pierce wooing Chloe because he was both jealous and protective of her, but figured he would come across as simply jealous without basis, meanwhile he tried to hasten Pierce's death with his cooperation.  Meanwhile the writers were trying to create this love triangle, which in turn ruined the whole season for fans and made Chloe out to be this shallow "fangirl".

Dan's return to douchedom was particularly disgusting for me because while he was doing all sorts of shady and illegal shit and he had the nerve to accuse Lucifer of being the root of all the team's problems . This accusation is one of Lucifer's personal complaint that the Devil is the root of all evil, when Man himself chooses to do evil and uses "The Devil" as an excuse.  The worst offense is telling the main Bad Guy that Lucifer broke his son's back.  Bad guy sends henchmen to kill Lucifer, unfortunately Trixie was with Lucifer when they tried to kill him.  Dan never acknowledged Trixie being saved by Lucifer and Eve, and belatedly stressed out over the fact that he was nearly responsible for the death of his daughter out of hatred for Lucifer.  I loathe him.  I never did like Dan and felt he was a corrupt cop with no redeeming qualities.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/15/2019 at 11:19 AM, BabySpinach said:

Overall, this felt like the kind of tone, theme, and character work that the writers would have always pursued if not for Fox's hamstringing.

Go back 20 years. Fox ffs.

Show-wise: It was interesting that Lucifer was freaked out about his leather-devil wings previously, but was able to pull that out and make sure everyone knew who was in charge. Which again lends credence to Amey's theory. Then, he gets his angel wings back because he's accepted he's worthy of love. Also, I swooned at the end. 

The whole badass team wrecking shop is why I watch tv. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2019 at 7:26 AM, Helena Dax said:

I had a wtf moment when Linda said they had hired someone to take care of the baby at night. I see the logic behind that decision, but I've never seen anyone doing it in RL. Either you've got enough money to have a full-time nanny or you stick to relatives (most times, though, parents suck it up). 

My sister-in-law hired a night nurse when she had twins so she could sleep. 

• Love 2

So I just power-watched most of season 3 and 4 in a couple of days. These 10 episodes were great. 

Dan: I think the irony of he being angry at Lucifer for "getting away with everything" was truly a reflection of his own self loathing because he said as much to Ella in EP 9.   It reflected that people tolerate his douchie mess because he isnt bad (while he ironically told Lucifer he IS bad.)

Also Dan in dance number, I died.

Eve frustrated me. Did she run around the block barefoot waiting for the others to exit?

Otherwise.the Mayan fight scene was incredible. Here for that.

Really enjoyed. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/23/2019 at 12:06 AM, SnarkyBear said:

My sister-in-law hired a night nurse when she had twins so she could sleep. 

Ya, this is a thing these days. I must say I wish this was an option I had when my kid was newborn!

• Love 1
On 5/11/2019 at 6:26 AM, Helena Dax said:

I'm amazed at the level of improvement of this season. There were times when I felt the writers were "moronbaiting" us, like they wanted us to believe that the characters were going to act like total morons, (as they used to last season), and then they surprised us by acting like people with operative brains. Well done, really. 

I still don't like Ella as a character, who still feels a bit forced to me, and her relationship with Dan was my only "ugh" moment in the whole season, but everything else was brilliant. I loved that Eve never became evil: she was naive and a bit irresponsible, but she never had ill-intentions. Pity that she didn't hook up with Maze, but the writers left that door open, so it's fine. Ditto with Luci and Chloe. I'm a low-key shipper, but if the show ended here, I wouldn't consider it a bad ending: they love each other, but the relationship between Lucifer and a motal woman was never going to be conventional.

Glad that Amenadiel didn't take the baby to Heaven behind Linda's back.

I had a wtf moment when Linda said they had hired someone to take care of the baby at night. I see the logic behind that decision, but I've never seen anyone doing it in RL. Either you've got enough money to have a full-time nanny or you stick to relatives (most times, though, parents suck it up). 

So, kudos to everyone in Lucifer, I really hope there's a fifth season. 

I'm a pediatric nurse ....getting a night nurse is not uncommon so that new parents can get some rest.

54 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

I'm a pediatric nurse ....getting a night nurse is not uncommon so that new parents can get some rest.

The new mother was in bed for 12 hours during labor, how much more rest does she need?

• LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The new mother was in bed for 12 hours during labor, how much more rest does she need?

I dunno.  How about if you put a bowling ball in your colon and after you spend a few hours sitting down to crap that sucker out you tell us all how rested you feel?  There's a reason they call the process of giving birth "labor" after all.

Edited by johntfs
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Absolutely. We know that sleep deprivation can cause depression, delirium, hallucinations, memory loss, increase the risk of diabetes and have many other serious side effects. Accordingly, I'd go so far as to say that a night nurse should be covered by health insurance! We could very likely see the percentage of new mothers that suffer from post-partum depression decrease if they had realistic access to night nurses.

Of course, Dr. Linda knows all this so she smartly arranged for a night nurse. 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

So the last scene of this episode was my  favorite of the season.

I was slightly uncomfortable all season, in pretty much every episode, with how Chloe was reacting to the truth, not only in actively betraying Lucifer for a hot minute, but then also trying to “change” him (like making him go to charity work, which is just kind of offensive anyway because even going back to season 1, she knows that his heart is moved to give money to charity anonymously when he sees a need).

And on top of all that, she had always, in every season, outright denied his darker side instead of acknowledging that it is something that he deals with and instead of asking him to talk about it (which is why Eve really was a good rebound fling for Lucifer because I think he did need some baseline validation just to keep himself sane, even if he ultimately reached the important growth point that he doesn’t quite want to be that person anymore). 

Even as recently as in the last episode, Chloe had a little bit of a hard time facing Lucifer in his full devil form, kind of fighting looking away as she talked to him, up until she found the strength to finish her speech about forgiveness.

But in this episode, Chloe really finally embraced all of Lucifer, and acknowledged with an actual smile his awesome power.  (After all her squirreliness this season, though, I could have done without her trying to keep Lucifer away from the case, subjecting us to the delayed revelation that she was only doing that to protect him.  I felt she kind of lost obfuscation privileges for the season after all the crap she pulled earlier on.)  Anyway, in that last scene, her apology over how she had reacted to him all season felt earned and sincere, and I was moved that she could say rawly and honestly that she loved Lucifer.  Tom Ellis’s reaction to the declaration was top notch, too—what a face journey—ecstacy perfectly mixed with sorrow and surprise and love. 

• Love 10

It's renewed for Season 5, but not beyond, by decision of the showrunners and NetFlix.

On 7/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, johntfs said:

I dunno.  How about if you put a bowling ball in your colon and after you spend a few hours sitting down to crap that sucker out you tell us all how rested you feel?  There's a reason they call the process of giving birth "labor" after all.

And it's followed by a "ceremony of blood and pain"!  Probably Maze's best line this season.

• Love 1

Did anyone else wonder how they explained all the bodies that were suddenly lying around in the Mayan? I really think they should have addressed that, even if only in a sentence or two. But so many dead people would have been quite the story.

I'm not a fan of Lucifer's devil self. I preferred his devil face from Fox as I think this one looks too much like a human with 3rd degree burns whereas the FOX face looked more... well, not human. I also think it would have been enough if he'd just had a devil face. I never got the impression that there was more to it than that, it never felt like there needs to be more than that. They also established that he's supposed to be evil and there's no reason to be a horror figure to be evil. "Monster" and "evil" are not synonymous and I think, it can be even more effective if evil does not look the part. The whole monster thing and the entire look felt very cliché.

Loved what they did with Eve. I thought it was an interesting story arc but I'm sad for Maze. I understand what Eve was saying and think it makes sense. Still, Maze would have deserved a relationship and someone to make her happy.

Absolutely loved the end. I love that Lucifer realized and acknowledged that he has responsibilities and that he accepted all of who he is. It was sad, of course, but awesome from a character growth point of view.
I also appreciated Lauren German for the first time this season. I still think she's a bit bland but the acting material she was given was a huge improvement and this final scene was one of those major improvements!

• Love 1