Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Angie J's Story

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

However, for those of us who drink alcoholic beverages, we would probably be face-planted on the floor before the end of the first half hour so nevermind

We could eat grapes instead.  20 grapes is =70 calories for those who are counting.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Wow. Just wow.  Complete and utter trash.  Can't even string together a coherent sentence!

Why, I bet that's just what Kate Middleton 's fb posts look like before the Palace editors do their magic.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Someone I'm facebook friends with posted a comment asking for thoughts on the overuse of the word "journey" (or something to that effect). No indication that it had anything to do with this show, but I wondered...

Ugh.  I hate that word.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, toodles said:

Ugh.  I hate that word.

My latest pet peeve phrase is “I’m just stating my truth”.  Actually, he/she is usually just being a jerk whose “truth” may or may not have any relation to reality. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Shit!  I double-checked my cable guide, and now they have regular hosebeast Angie's ep on Wednesday, and Supersize on Thursday!  Foiled, again!  Last week they had Supersize on the guide for 6pm Weds.  Dammit!1!

Big Bang all the way here.  I'll DVR the Shitstorm and comment on Friday.  BOOOOOO!  So pissed.

Stupid Spectrum cable guide.  Fuck you!  😡

Yeah, I'll be watching BBT. I don't know if I'll watch the supersize ep (they don't seem to put them up on demand) but I will definitely check out the live chat comments.

Cablevision had a rerun listed a few weeks ago when it was a new episode (I think it was the other Angie). Next week it says The Assanti Brothers (speak of the devil...) but I'm not sure if I should trust that now.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, JJ1 said:

My latest pet peeve phrase is “I’m just stating my truth”.  Actually, he/she is usually just being a jerk whose “truth” may or may not have any relation to reality. 

People say crap like that right after they something mean and hurtful.  I hate that shit.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

We could eat grapes instead.  20 grapes is =70 calories for those who are counting.

Says nothing. You did not see me deep throating a banana.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Hi all, first time poster, long time reader. 

Everytime I'm done watching an episode of this show, I head over here to find out what everybody thought. You guys are hilarious and insightful. 

There's really nothing about Angie J that hasn't been said here before. I didn't like her from the first fifteen minutes seeing her interact with her family and I pretty much had her pegged for a failure. I will say her expressions, while she was on the phone and speaking to Dr. Now, annoyed me to no end. It's like she was trying to act like a bratty teenager, but it looked like she was having a series of mini-strokes. I loved Dr. Now in this episode, his comebacks were spot on. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, Ben.w said:

I will say her expressions, while she was on the phone and speaking to Dr. Now, annoyed me to no end. It's like she was trying to act like a bratty teenager, but it looked like she was having a series of mini-strokes.

Hi Ben, and you're going to fit right in here. :D

• Love 8
17 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

However, for those of us who drink alcoholic beverages, we would probably be face-planted on the floor before the end of the first half hour so nevermind! 😆

Are you trying to kill us all? :P

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Ben.w said:

Hi all, first time poster, long time reader. 

Everytime I'm done watching an episode of this show, I head over here to find out what everybody thought. You guys are hilarious and insightful. 

It's always interesting to see which 'characters' bring the lurkers out of the woodwork. 😉 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I keep punishing myself by trying to rewatch (I was busy typing furiously during the live chat) and dang if I don’t start screaming back at the that each viewing. She does NOT get more mellow with repetition

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

It's always interesting to see which 'characters' bring the lurkers out of the woodwork. 😉 

There's a point in which the dogs just don't cut it.  You kinda have to find another human bean to confirm that you really just did see that shit. 

Cause you can't tell your reg family and friends about this dirty little secret.  Right now, they know you as an intelligent and normal person....

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

There's a point in which the dogs just don't cut it.  You kinda have to find another human bean to confirm that you really just did see that shit. 

Cause you can't tell your reg family and friends about this dirty little secret.  Right now, they know you as an intelligent and normal person....

Yeah, the few times I've mentioned watching to someone else, I prefaced it with "I'm not proud of this, but..."

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 7:34 PM, auntjess said:

Here's a thought.  The tats have secret messages, and spies use them to communicate.  
Or, and more likely, her vast expanse is rented as training space for student tattoo artistes.

Interesting, I thought it was a map of all the fast food places by her house 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 10
3 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Interesting, I thought it was a map of all the fast food places by her house 

Maybe she could do what my aunt and uncle do and put a pin in every one she's visited (okay, their map is of national parks, and it's on a cork board backing on the wall, but still, it's an idea).

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Yeah, the few times I've mentioned watching to someone else, I prefaced it with "I'm not proud of this, but..."

See, I just chat about my PBS, Turner Classic and History Channel shows.   

I would never speak in public about this, 90 day, or Love After Lockup. That's just you guys and my BFF that loves me regardless.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)
23 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Maybe she could do what my aunt and uncle do and put a pin in every one she's visited (okay, their map is of national parks, and it's on a cork board backing on the wall, but still, it's an idea).

I would bet every single poster on this forum would love the opportunity to stick a pin into this dumbf*ck. How I also hate the smokers who smoke inside where there are kids and pets. 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I've wanted to join the forums for quite a while, but, yes, you're right, it took someone like Angie J to make me do it 😅

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Ben.w said:

I've wanted to join the forums for quite a while, but, yes, you're right, it took someone like Angie J to make me do it 😅

I don't remember if it was a specific episode but I do believe this is the show that first got me commenting on this site (started joining in the snark last season...my old boss turned me on to Television Without Pity several years ago and then they went away and I went looking for similar snarky recaps and found this place; I wish they still did recaps for some shows here but this forum has given me more than enough snark to get me through). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Wanda said:

I keep punishing myself by trying to rewatch (I was busy typing furiously during the live chat) and dang if I don’t start screaming back at the that each viewing. She does NOT get more mellow with repetition

I screamed at the tv and hate ate grapes.

• LOL 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ben.w said:

Ben, you have to watch some of the success stories too. Looks at the past season. Never mind.

Edited by nokat
Gasoline drawers
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I would bet every single poster on this forum would love the opportunity to stick a pin into this dumbf*ck. How I also hate the smokers who smoke inside were there are kids and pets. 

I grew up in a house where my teen years were spent sitting in a living room watching television every night with FIVE smokers.  You could literally see the haze filling the top half of the room every night.

Even in my younger adult days, I was never able to take part in activities that require good lungs (visiting high altitude places, running, even walking uphill).  Yes, I now have asthma . . . and am in the process of finding out whether I have COPD

• Love 4

My parents both smoked while I was growing up.  My dad even MADE his own cigarettes.  He had this little machine.  You would put the tobacco in it, press the tobacco down and then it went through a little tube that the cigarette paper was attached to.  No filtered cigarettes for him.   He's still alive at 93!

• Love 6
On 5/12/2019 at 9:56 AM, DC Gal in VA said:

Heh heh, I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about you @Natalie68 and Mr. Natalie. I need you to spill ALL the tea on your and hubby's reaction to the second hour of Angie J.'s episode. Her nastiness just kept increasing exponentially as her "journey" unfolded. It wasn't just a regular old train wreck but a massive conga line of train wrecks. 

Please tell us all about your M600PL "date" night. Inquiring minds must know! 😊

HA!  I got home late on Thursday and he asked which 600lber we were going to watch (I am watching old ones as well) and I told him to settle in, there is more Angela!  We each spent WAY too much time snarking (at times loudly!)  at the screen.  Thank god our neighbors aren't too close.  OY!  He normally hangs out for a few minutes until he goes and does his hobby stuff but these shows really pull him in.  He was extra sad when Kelly passed away and when we see someone like this gal it is even more frustrating.  So there we were with snacks yelling incredibly rude comments about this horrid lady.  I like rooting on the ones that are successful (costume designer from a few seasons ago, YAY her!) and then there are the ones that are so um, unpleasant it is challenging to think positively at all about them.  I am trying to get my sister to watch.  She said she will give it a whirl when her husband isn't home because she doesn't want to be made fun of.  I started the Charity one yesterday until I realized I had seen part of it.  It was truly mind blowing what her state was at the start of her 'journey' (HA!).  I had never seen a human body like that before.  Amazing in a horrifying way.  But also very sad.

We both hated Angela.  There wasn't anything that could make up for her nasty attitude and how she treated the doctor.  It also broke our hearts that there are children being raised in that atmosphere.  They have next to no shot at a normal future.  We both got a big laugh at her saying she wasn't on drugs.  Lady was high AF!  It was almost a bridge to far for him when the daughter was spelunking due to the infection.  I have to use that word (spelunking) because whoever used it first here (sorry I forgot) made me crack up!  I think this is our new Wed hobby.  I do have to watch it in 2 sessions with HWs in between.  The show is a lot and I decided after Assanti I can't have this be the last thing I see before bed.  I seriously had dreams about his ep and that was really a bad thing!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I grew up in a house where my teen years were spent sitting in a living room watching television every night with FIVE smokers.  You could literally see the haze filling the top half of the room every night.

Even in my younger adult days, I was never able to take part in activities that require good lungs (visiting high altitude places, running, even walking uphill).  Yes, I now have asthma . . . and am in the process of finding out whether I have COPD

I have an ex whose mother smoked until she literally couldn't anymore (she died from breast cancer while we were dating). I believe she smoked while she was pregnant, too (which would have been in the mid 60s-mid 70s; the oldest and youngest kids are about ten years apart, IIRC). He and all but one of his four siblings have asthma.

• Love 1
On 5/12/2019 at 11:08 PM, sagittarius sue said:

That was part of one of the funniest comments I've seen here.

If you haven't seen it, here's Princess Purrs A Lot's brilliant comment in its entirety.  It's in the Small Talk topic, page 25.

Grapes are the devil's own fruit.  They cause massive weight gain. They are a gateway fruit.  Next thing you know you are eating entire fruit baskets, raiding the fruit and vegetable aisle at the supermarket, shoving massive amounts of kumquats in your face, attempting to deep throat bananas, eating nectarines so quickly you have to burp up the pits.   It all starts with grapes.  Evil grapes.

When whole fruit no longer provides your fix or isn't available, you switch to sugar free jam.  It starts with a spoonful . . . .

Or so our poundtcipants would have use believe. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 5:42 PM, Wanda said:

well, I was eating dinner and missed most of the first half of it so I re-watched it today.  The supersize edition better have some really good stuff, because I can't take a third viewing of this hunk of unpleasantness.

Boy, she looks awful for 39 (Ha! just typed 89) but I guess that's what drugs, over-eating, and prison do to a body.   Her constant smirking doesn't help her appearance.

So if my math is right, Desiree became her "care slave" when she was about 17.  No wonder Anjie is out of sorts when the slave refuses to obey and move to Houston.  I guess her "friend" Amanda gets to do the body wash now.  I will say that having lost those 40 pounds, she should be showering herself.

I  just love how when she goes to the local doctor and  Dr Now ends his call, she starts slapping her phone in anger.  That scene is just wonderful.    My other favorite scene is the salad scene right before she has to go in for her last appointment.  It looks like she measures one tbsp of salad dressing, the camera pans toward Justin, then back to her but by that time she is practically pouring the whole bottle onto her salad.  And she wonders how she gained weight.   Not the brightest one, that one.

At least she didn't have as many leopard prints as Lashanda had zebra prints in her apartment.  I guess that's a plus.  Maybe.....

I don't like Justin, but I hope he gets away from her.  I have little hope for the grands and her daughters.  Those girls both need Dr Now now.   I hated how she talked to Justin in the hotel, and I expect she often talks like that to the daughters and anyone else who isn't doing what she wants. 

Maybe the extended version has more with her brother.  He made a brief appearance with the tacos, but then disappears.  When she is fighting Justin in the hotel room, she brags how her brother would come and go with her to Houston.   Maybe he is smart enough to stay a good distance away. 

I wish now I hadn't erased it as I have this weird recollection that she said something about being from the "show me" state, but that's Missouri, not Ohio.  I can't even remember the context.

Absolutely awful.  She's at the top of my list of worst patients ever.   Jeanne, Maya, Laxhanta, and Mercedes seem saintly compared to her.   I can't believe I just wrote that.  

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 7
On 5/9/2019 at 11:44 AM, calpurnia99 said:

No, thats not it.  I'm a number one Lucy fan, in that I read every book on her life and I know every word to every episode of I Love Lucy.  And I use quotes from that show regularly. And I have the DVD box set.  But hopefully it will come to me!

I used to be the cooker, LMAO. I'm watching it again. TURN the heat down DESIREE!!

I didn't gain no weight in jail! 

When I hurt my knee, I seen my weight.

She sounds like the lady from Throw Momma From the Train !

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/13/2019 at 10:28 PM, Ben.w said:

I'm sorry but your tears don't work on me

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 5/13/2019 at 10:28 PM, Ben.w said:

It took Jeanne to make me do it -- I couldn't hold out any longer! 😃

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, Johnny Dollar said:

Big shout out to Steven Assanti!  You are no longer the most worthless pile of random cells to appear on this show. Way to go big guy!  Angela is one for the ages. 

I think Steven and Angela are two different brands of disgusting.

This is my first post

Edited by jammin2bach
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I never got into this show until recently, mainly from all you fantastic posters here. I tried watching it, but got too grossed out, then something happened and I had to tune back in, like seeing a 7-11 with 6 cop cars all lights blazing kinda look. Now I am hooked. I usually wait until Saturday afternoon, after the household chores/errands are done and the curtains can be closed while I have a steak marinating, Mr Frauds either in his mancave watching some boring golf or puttering in the garage. The last one he came in during it and was like wtf ... let me get a bag of chips and some brews and watch this shit with you...now he can't wait until next Saturday, told me to wait until he go home to start it.. I have created a monster  🙂 

You and me both!  Husband brought me to work today and I told him we had a 600lber tonight and he was super excited!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I checked out her GoFundMe after everybody said she changed the 'story' so many times, including one where her dear hubby left her. I can just imagine her whole family, from Desiree to Justin and her brother dusting off their hands: "Phew! she's Houston's problem now" 😂

• LOL 6
55 minutes ago, Ben.w said:

I checked out her GoFundMe after everybody said she changed the 'story' so many times, including one where her dear hubby left her. I can just imagine her whole family, from Desiree to Justin and her brother dusting off their hands: "Phew! she's Houston's problem now" 😂

Yes but we don't want her. Do you think we could sell her on eBay?

4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I never got into this show until recently, mainly from all you fantastic posters here. I tried watching it, but got too grossed out, then something happened and I had to tune back in, like seeing a 7-11 with 6 cop cars all lights blazing kinda look. Now I am hooked. I usually wait until Saturday afternoon, after the household chores/errands are done and the curtains can be closed while I have a steak marinating, Mr Frauds either in his mancave watching some boring golf or puttering in the garage. The last one he came in during it and was like wtf ... let me get a bag of chips and some brews and watch this shit with you...now he can't wait until next Saturday, told me to wait until he go home to start it.. I have created a monster  🙂 

All couples need a hobby to share.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I missed the last half of the show because I go to bed early.  This thing is the most vile, despicable assclown I have ever seen on TV.  What a total waste of oxygen.

I didn't think anyone could top Schenee but Schenee seemed mildly mentally impaired so I'll drop her to second place as the most vile poundicipant.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

What I always found funny is that to Dr. Now’s face, she’d say one thing and then 180 on the voiceover. Especially the rehab confrontation scene. On camera she never contradicted him or the test results asking for time to make a decision. Voiceover and she talks about how wrong the test was and how insulting he was. If the test was wrong, why did she ask for time to consider going to rehab?

• Love 6

Just put on TLC and catching the last five minutes (just leaving Dr. Now's after she asks to "think about" the whole rehab thing and voiceover-whining that he owes her an apology). Yeah, hubby looks totally high.

• Love 2

Angie J is one delusional woman.  She eats herself into oblivion and blames everyone but herself for it.  Then to say Dr. Now owes her an apology because he found narcotics in her blood and called her out on it?!  She really needs her big head examined.  At first I wondered what her husband possibly saw in her.  We all know it's not her glowing personality.  She is ugly inside and out.  What it is though is how easy it is to get drug money from her.  They are one pathetic couple.  

• Love 9
(edited)

OMG.  I missed the second half of Angie's episode last week so I'm watching it now. What an ungrateful piece of human crap.  Her nasty, disrespectful attitude towards Dr. Now makes me so mad.  He should have bounced her big butt out of his office during that first appointment. 

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 7