Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Angie J's Story

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Twopper said:

yes, I have a piece of paper next to the computer where I convert stones and kilograms to pounds.  It helps keep up my maths skills. 😂   I don't recall the Brit doctors referring patients to therapy.   The one person I recall that was on the milk diet lost lots of weight, but she regained it plus more.   I can fall asleep watching this show as there is no yelling.  I was surprised to see that the UK has such a large obese population.   Also I think they always do the complete bypass rather than the sleeve, but the patients Dr Now operates on tend to be larger so maybe it has to do with how long the operation takes; he wants them under for as short a time as possible.  It was interesting to hear the British dr talk about how much easier it was to work on women because their fat distribution was different.   As I said I haven't seen all the episodes so I don't know if there is a British version of Jeanne or Angie on it.  They do all seem to have been to the tattoo parlor.

There has been a shift to gastric sleeve surgery rather than bypass as a standard now.  There are studies showing that the success rate between the two is very close.  Gastric sleeve has fewer long term issues with malabsorption leading to malnutrition.  The stomach is smaller without rerouting the digestive tract. So, an easier surgery with the same results and fewer long term risks.  

giphy.gif

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

the breakfast room TABLE eating out of bowls (Solitaire by Lenox)

My soul mate!  Solitaire is my pattern!  Classic alone & works really well mixed with other patterns.  My china gets USED!  All guests get fed on china, even burgers or tacos.

2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’m still marveling at this piece of work and her announcement of what we all know was literal crotch rot. 

Proving once again that we REALLY need a vomit reaction button🤢🤮

1 hour ago, ThereButFor said:

Didn’t someone mention that the child’s name was captioned as “Kale”?  A food it wouldn’t hurt Angie to become familiar with.

I love veg, but just can't with the kale.  My BFF & I have a great kale recipe: Saute with plenty of evoo, so it slides into the trash faster!

But as mentioned every episode, these people sit around choking down iceberg lettuce (crunchy water) and nothing else green!  Properly seasoned asparagus, spinach, romaine, broccoli....would go a long way for volume and saiety.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, MillieSparklepants said:

And I'm never staying in a hotel again. Did you see the way her *cough* husband was rubbing his greasy head all over that throw pillow? Nasty!

You should watch Hotel Impossible, which I now see being repeated on some cable channel, maybe Destination America.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ZeldaZee said:

Guys, I threw in the towel. I got as far as the Tennessee hotel room, and I'd skipped some of the Angie/Desereé confrontation...cue my best "AH'M DONE!!!" I literally cannot watch anymore of that dreadful, hateful, manipulative waste of space. I couldn't even last long enough to see Dr. Now– I don't want to experience this horrible woman any longer than I have to.

If you can get it on dvr, you really should she her Dr. Now encounters, both on the phone, and in person.  
Last scene is when he calls her in after he's gotten the results of drug tests he ordered.
She sputters all the way to her car.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

"Missing a chance to save my life because I was lied to? That's like murder, in my opinion."

That was my favorite moment, hands-down.  I lost track of how many people she blamed for "not saving her life."  Or how many times she said "I have no other option."  How about the option of not eating so much?  

2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’m still marveling at this piece of work and her announcement of what we all know was literal crotch rot. Then recllining like the Queen of Sheba while her minion checked to see if the open sore was healing. “It looks like you’re growing new skin.” Did that all HAVE TO be so graphically on camera?? 

Her PREGNANT daughter.  If pregnant women aren't supposed to even change the litter box, then surely they are not supposed to touch infected wounds?  

59 minutes ago, Scratches19 said:

"23 HOURS AGO,  CALPURNIA99 SAID: 

With her low gravelly voice and her Ohio accent, she sounds exactly like someone I know but I cannot figure out who. "

It finally hit me! Throw Momma From The Train. She's Momma. "Owen!!! Bring me my food!"

https://images.app.goo.gl/KNadDeAnJbz2QwgY6

I think Momma's voice was a little higher-pitched, but she treated her son the same way Angie treats her kids, so it's a pretty good comparison.  

• Love 9

I watched this, finally, last night. No question from the beginning that this 600lb crapburger of an episode meant that the poundticipant wouldn't be getting surgery. 

All the usual could have filled the bingo card. "I'll show Dr. Now." "I've worked so hard, I need surgery." "It's not fair." "Everyone always dumps on me." Chest tats. Husband who runs off whenever anything in life changes. Smoker? No wai! 

It's like Angie was the Top 10 of the Worst of M600PL, all on her own.

I hope her kids can learn from mom prior to becoming mom.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

I love veg, but just can't with the kale.

May I say, stamppot, kale in mashed potatoes. It makes it edible. You still have to cook it like the hell vegetable it is.

So to clarify, you have to cut out the stems, and leave just the leafy bits, which are on their own very chewy.

Edited by nokat
Clarify how to cook kale
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Haley17 said:

I'm wondering if "Kale" is some idiot spelling of Kailey or Kalley or something like that.

It can't be the leafy vegetable, because I'm pretty sure not one of them has eaten a vegetable, let alone kale.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
Just now, nokat said:

It can't be the leafy vegetable, because I'm pretty sure not one of them has eaten a vegetable, let alone kale.

Angine was going to eat nothing but salads. She was going to starve herself to death. That'd show Dr. Now how serious she was. (Of course, it'd take years before that happened.)

(Note: Misspelled her name on accident. Left it like that on purpose.)

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

I watched this, finally, last night. No question from the beginning that this 600lb crapburger of an episode meant that the poundticipant wouldn't be getting surgery.

And yet they still run the "surgical procedures" disclaimer before the start of the episode. I wonder if they do it to keep us in suspense? Otherwise we'd hardly have seen that announcement this season.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

There has been a shift to gastric sleeve surgery rather than bypass as a standard now.  There are studies showing that the success rate between the two is very close.  Gastric sleeve has fewer long term issues with malabsorption leading to malnutrition.  The stomach is smaller without rerouting the digestive tract. So, an easier surgery with the same results and fewer long term risks.  

I knew that was true in the US, but I wasn't sure if they were taking the same approach in the UK.   

1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

My soul mate!  Solitaire is my pattern!  Classic alone & works really well mixed with other patterns.  My china gets USED!  All guests get fed on china, even burgers or tacos. 

I have corelle yellow gold butterfly plates as well that I can use as well as Christmas plates.  We also have Damask Rose in sterling.   I have china that I inherited from my MIL that closely resembles Solitaire but the name escapes me at the moment.

My point is that they have no real appreciation of meal time.    Someone mentioned they should put their forks down, but so much of what we see is eaten by hand.   My mother's rule was if you want to eat, sit at the table.  It's a good rule, but I will confess that I sometimes eat in front of the tv.  Not often, but sometimes when Mr Twopper isn't around.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, newyawk said:

The only quibble I had with Dr. Now on this episode is when he said that Justin could not have possibly been eating as much as Angela. There are some rare people who really do have that kind of metabolism, can eat crap food all day long and not gain an ounce. Some of them participate in hot dog eating contests. But then again, Justin might have been keeping his metabolism in check with crack or something. 

I think he meant that it was physically impossible because Justin's stomach is too small to fit the amount of food that Angela eats. That he obviously has a normal sized stomach and that she was eating massive quantities and that she had a stretched stomach, colon and rectum now. 

He probably does eat a lot, and I agree with you there are people with this kind of metabolism but I bet he ate 4000-5000 calories a day, which IS a lot of food while she was eating 12,000. Because he was bone skinny and 12K calories a day, even with that kind of metabolism, he would be bigger.

Also fat people like to point out and emphasize when skinny people eat something fattening, how lucky they are. They probably see Justin chow down a few burgers along with them, and a dessert, and think why are you skinny? but she is eating non-stop every single day for years to be at almost 700 pounds. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Her PREGNANT daughter.  If pregnant women aren't supposed to even change the litter box, then surely they are not supposed to touch infected wounds?  

I am fairly certain her hands are protected by the thick layer of nicotine she has built up.  Safety first! 

1 hour ago, DropTheSoap said:

Angine was going to eat nothing but salads. She was going to starve herself to death. That'd show Dr. Now how serious she was. (Of course, it'd take years before that happened.)

(Note: Misspelled her name on accident. Left it like that on purpose.)

We will also accept a spelling of Angina.  Don't worry; I'll let myself out. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
(edited)
42 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

We will also accept a spelling of Angina.  Don't worry; I'll let myself out. 

That’s my pronunciation. 

I’m willing to accept my spot on the bus to hell or the gasoline-soaked panties. Worth it!

Edited by DropTheSoap
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

Did anyone watch the enhanced episode? Just wondering what new tidbits we may have missed in the regular episode.

Hello hoosiermom. I thought that Angie J's Supersized episode wasn't going to be shown until next Thursday. Is that what you are referencing?

BTW I will take this opportunity to shamelessly advocate for a Live Chat for Angie J's Supersized episode next week. Hello @PrincessPurrsALot requesting another epic night of snark!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DropTheSoap said:

That’s my pronunciation. 

I’m willing to accept my spot on the bus to hell or the gasoline-soaked panties. Worth it!

I hope the GSPs come in French cut; that's my fav.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

BTW I will take this opportunity to shamelessly advocate for a Live Chat for Angie J's Supersized episode next week. Hello @PrincessPurrsALot requesting another epic night of snark!

I'm all in for another live chat. Can't get enough of the snark!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

There were so many posts I wanted to comment on, but the list got unmanageably long and I gave up, so some freehand comments instead:

1) To my thinking, Angie J. is now the worst of the worse. More delusional than Penny and Schenee, more dishonest than James K., more disrespectful than Marla, more entitled and overbearing than Steven Assanti. That is quite an accomplishment. 😧

2) This is the first time I can say I've actually hated one of the patients, not disliked, where I have no sympathy and see no glimmer of good at all. But I don't enjoy hating her. In my opinion she goes beyond narcissism, drug-addiction, manipulation, delusion, and any other personality disorder. To me she is evil -- 99 44/100 percent evil. I feel a bit afraid of her and don't like to look into her eyes, even though in video and photo.

3) Steven had been my #1 up till now, but he was primarily a selfish, obnoxious baby who liked to act up and dramatize to get his own way and for the attention, and yes he hurt and abused others in the process. To his comparative credit, as some others have said, he had not produced any children upon which to inflict horrendous parenting, so that's one less black star for him. But while I didn't find anything to like in Steven, I never got the impression that he dipped into the same dish with the man downstairs as I did with Angie J.

4) Yes I agree that Angie J. is full of lies and cannot be trusted or believed about anything at all. I'm sorry I missed the comments on her GoFundMe page; have read some good ones on FB but they do get repetitive after a while. But it looks like she edited her second update to her GFM statement today, to remove several of the falsehoods and other controversial statements which had been there yesterday and this morning. This is how it reads as of right now:

i have been here in Texas now for over a month as you have seen in my episode. A week ago my husband decided this wasnt for him and he left! leaving me here in an apartment i cant afford all by myself living in a state i know NO ONE! I was burglarized in my home on April 30th and Justin left on May 1st. i have been thru the mudd i dont need no extra negativity because thru this all IM STILL HERE TRYING! I finally got approved for my surgery! im doing the 2nd episode now! i am finiding myself i just need a little help for a moment! im trying to stay here to finish what i started! so anything will help! im 128$ short on my rent thats with giving my whole income up! that leaves me with nothing which is fine as long as i can live here til im done!!! thanks in advance ♡ god bless you all!

Of course I don't believe she was accepted into Dr. Now's program, not only because she would not have met the weight loss requirement, but because she would not have changed her mind about rehab nor would have agreed to stop smoking. So I don't believe she was approved for surgery or is filming a follow-up episode.

5) I agree that it's possible that Justin ate more than Angie or Desirée -- he said in the doctor's office that he eats 8,000 - 10,000 calories a day -- and remain thin. Although I'm not a doctor and Dr. Now said otherwise, I think it is possible either due to metabolism or effects of certain types of drug abuse. Or perhaps a tape worm, or a gypsy curse, that makes him "thinner" no matter how much he eats? 😉

6) At the beginning of this episode, one of the first impressions I had was that it was a put-on; that it had been purely dramatized and was not real at all. It was difficult to believe that one of these patients could be such a monster. But even after the horror of its reality sank in, I think that parts of the episode may have indeed been staged/fictionalized, such as the "friends" who helped with the move down to Houston. As some others have said, I doubt this one would have any friends at all, unless they needed her for something, owed her big time, or perhaps she had some compromising information on them and so they did as she asked.

7) Here is a family photo found on one of her FB pages. It appears to be from before Desirée had the new baby:

53183602_10218312640630009_2153201078399

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Another 600 pound person who is bed bound with tattoos.   I'm really curious... are there door to door tattoo artists? 

So this has been asked multiple times now and I've finally gone and googled it. Yes, there are indeed tattoo artists who make house calls. Such as this guy with a delightful Geocities-esque web site. Can't go wrong with neon green text on a black background!

http://customtribalconcepts.tripod.com/id2.html

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, nokat said:
6 hours ago, Haley17 said:

I'm wondering if "Kale" is some idiot spelling of Kailey or Kalley or something like that.

Can it be smoked?

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

So this has been asked multiple times now and I've finally gone and googled it. Yes, there are indeed tattoo artists who make house calls. Such as this guy with a delightful Geocities-esque web site. Can't go wrong with neon green text on a black background!

Are you now being followed by every itinerant tattoo artist within a day's trip of you?  Or did you think ahead, and do an in-private search?
I looked up beauty parlor chairs for fat people, and one I've mentioned before, a little product, seen on late night tv, Perfect Smile. 

• LOL 3
On 5/8/2019 at 11:13 PM, Tipsymcstagger said:

I haven’t watched all these shows but she has to be the WORST candidate ever, right? If not they need to cancel this now because it doesn’t do anything but perpetuate the most ugly stereotypes about fat people. Angie was just vile...like screaming at my tv vile. I’m literally speechless about how grotesque she is. The world would be better off without her in it.

Agree 1,000 percent.

15 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I can't find the GoFundMe anymore.  Did she take it down?  It's saying "page not found" when I go to where it was before.

It's still up: here it is.

13 hours ago, Twopper said:

It also freaks me out a little to see how many adults they put in one room. 

I absolutely could not believe when they were first contemplating the move to Houston, and she explained how many people she was planning to squeeze into a one-bedroom apartment.  The daughter at least reacted appropriately when she repeated all those people, concluding that it might be too much.

9 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

These are some haggard ass looking people.  The fact that Angie is 2 years older than me boggles my mind.  

She genuinely looked at least 20 years older than she was.

12 hours ago, KateHearts said:

The argument with Justin in the motel:  "You're pathetic; you're pathetic; you're pathetic; you're a waste of life..." 

That was actually the part that pushed me over to the she-is-Satan-personified side, because she was saying it while lecturing him about how he had been disrespectful to her.  I don't do well with hypocrisy, especially self-righteous, selfish, self-serving hypocrisy.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:31 PM, Twopper said:

She is the most toxic person that I can recall on this show.

She's the most toxic person that I've ever seen or heard of, and that's saying something, given that I have an ex and an ex father-in-law, and that I watch a lot of Investigation Discovery!  I do find it interesting that even though the people on the ID shows have often done far worse things than Angie did (swindling people out of all their life savings, horrible murders, etc.), they as individuals just didn't come near the level of all-around toxicity  that Angie did.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, Boofish said:

To sum up Dr. Now's speech at the end "lay thine eyes on the field from which I grow my fucks thou shalt notice that it is barren.

Cannot love this enough!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

You should watch Hotel Impossible, which I now see being repeated on some cable channel, maybe Destination America.

I'm a big fan of HI and have had a few exchanges with Anthony on FB. There are 4 seasons on Prime, but I've paid for a number of them as well. 

I don't think I'd stay in a small family hotel (tho I would and have stayed in B&Bs) - I've seen too many problems from bad management and lack of funds to do routine maintenance, have decent sheets, etc. 

• Love 2
On 5/8/2019 at 11:46 PM, auntjess said:

Who was the other woman in the kitchen with Desiree, though?  A sister, or boyfriend's relative?

That was Angie's other daughter, not sure of her name or where she resides.

• Love 1
On 5/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, Natalie68 said:

Man, I didn't know there were RULES!!!!  I too am surprised to learn one can be fat AND a meth user.  This forum is a public service announcement really.  

Well, she also smokes marijuana and that gives you the munchies...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’ve rematches this episode a couple of times now. I’m a glutton for punishment I guess. She is so offended. She kept talking about being accused, but never said to him she wanted another test because the tox screen was wrong. 

She kept talking about how she was always there for her daughter but I guess she forgot about all the years she was in jail. First offence burglary doesn’t come with a sentence, especially when there are kids involved. You can only be sent to jail for probation violation for the extent that your original sentence was for. Dr. Now is right. She needs a calculator because none of her numbers make sense. 

• Love 12

I’m still wondering what is it that she does for everyone...throughout the show she continued to say it was time to focus on herself rather than everyone else.

How much can you do when you’re confined to bed and can’t even clean your own body without help??

• Love 7
23 hours ago, ZeldaZee said:

Guys, I threw in the towel. I got as far as the Tennessee hotel room, and I'd skipped some of the Angie/Desereé confrontation...cue my best "AH'M DONE!!!" I literally cannot watch anymore of that dreadful, hateful, manipulative waste of space. I couldn't even last long enough to see Dr. Now– I don't want to experience this horrible woman any longer than I have to.

I shut off the episode and fired up Jeanne's. Jeanne's. How horrible a person do you have to be that Jeanne is a palate cleanser?!

Ha! Yes she was that bad, however you missed the total train wreck. She gets more hateful as the show progresses! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Scavazos86 said:

I’m still wondering what is it that she does for everyone...throughout the show she continued to say it was time to focus on herself rather than everyone else.

How much can you do when you’re confined to bed and can’t even clean your own body without help??

Come on now. She is constantly lecturing them about everything they aren’t doing and/or should be doing. Thanks to her, they are well aware of how pathetic they are, and exactly what their many flaws and shortcomings are. Without her they would be completely at sea, going down for the third time. She’s basically a saint. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Scavazos86 said:

37 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Come on now. She is constantly lecturing them about everything they aren’t doing and/or should be doing. Thanks to her, they are well aware of how pathetic they are, and exactly what their many flaws and shortcomings are. Without her they would be completely at sea, going down for the third time. She’s basically a saint. 

Angie doesn't explain this on camera, but I think she means that she gives financial help, in that she lets people live in her house, pays for the basic living expenses, etc. But even if she does share her home with family, boyfriends, etc., it comes at a high price for them.  😈

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't live in the US but have had holidays and I'm always blown away by the size of proportions.  I ordered oatmeal (porridge) at a restaurant.  The waitress asked if I wanted a cup or a bowl.  I opted for the bowl.  Yikes...It was big enough to take a dip in, and she brought me pecans and cranberries and brown sugar and a little container of cream.  I couldn't believe it.  You'd never get this service in the UK.

I remember a couple of years ago I had a friend from New York visiting and we went to the legendary 24-hour Beigel Shop in Brick Lane (in east London, bagels are called beigels and you say it "bye-gal"). The beigels are, by US standards, tiny, about the same size as if you cut an apple in half across the middle. My friend commented that the London beigels were exactly like the NY bagels she used to have growing up in terms of size, but that somehow over the years the American portion size increased to the point where a NY bagel is now the equivalent of three or four London beigels.

I'm heading off to the USA today for three weeks, to NYC (unlikley to see any pounders there) and then to southern Ohio for a week, where I, at 40lbs over my ideal weight, am considered to be a 'skinny little thing' (actual quote from an Ohioan) compared with many of the locals. I remember how shocked I was the first time I visited Ohio and saw people in their 20s who were too fat to walk, yet were still able to steer their mobility scooters round the junk food aisles of Krogers.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, essexjan said:

I'm heading off to the USA today for three weeks, to NYC (unlikley to see any pounders there) and then to southern Ohio for a week

Welcome to the US, and you're right, you're unlikely to see the heft in New York, but Ohio, you may leave fatter than you entered.

• Love 4
(edited)

Angela was the most toxic, gaslighting, narcissistic a-hole I've ever seen on this show.  Including Steven Assanti, because he was really only an a-hole to his poor father; Angela surrounds herself with people who "need" her, likely because she has the financial means to let them live with her, and none of them seem to have jobs.  So she creates this world where her dependents don't have any reason to work outside her home and move on, and she can be as mean and nasty to them as possible.  Win-win for all, yay.

When she insisted that Dr. Now's toxicology reports were wrong and started blaming him for her eventual death, I laughed.  Poor Dr. Now, honestly trying to help her by getting her to rehab.  

Poor put-upon Angela, smoking, taking drugs, eating 7000 calories a day, but it's Dr. Now's fault.  Poor poor thing.

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Angela was the most toxic, gaslighting, narcissistic a-hole I've ever seen on this show.  Including Steven Assanti, because he was really only an a-hole to his poor father; Angela surrounds herself with people who "need" her, likely because she has the financial means to let them live with her, and none of them seem to have jobs.  So she creates this world where her dependents don't have any reason to work outside her home and move on, and she can be as mean and nasty to them as possible.  Win-win for all, yay.

I thought Steven was abusive to the hospital staff, in addition to his father and brother. For that reason, I still consider him worse. 

But yes, Angina is the star who works to keep others in her gravity and dependent. And then complains about that dependency. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
33 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

I thought Steven was abusive to the hospital staff, in addition to his father and brother. For that reason, I still consider him worse. 

But yes, Angina is the star who works to keep others in her gravity and dependent. And then complains about that dependency. 

Yes, you're right, Steven was abusive to the staff....I forgot about that.

Didn't he get kicked out of the hospital by Dr. Now?  I'm remembering all this now....sheesh, I had finally wiped him off my brain for a minute there.

Ugh....I want to root for these people, to cheer them on.

And it amazes me how nasty, mean Angela has a husband she abuses, at 600 lbs., and I can't even get a date.....and I'm nice.  🙂

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Sterling said:

And it amazes me how nasty, mean Angela has a husband she abuses, at 600 lbs., and I can't even get a date.....and I'm nice.  

🙂

Would you really want to date a drug addict though?  

She is such a nasty bully and yet I’ve been hearing rumours that she is reporting people on Facebook because they are bullying HER.  With most poundticipants I think the comments can go a bit far at times but Angie J deserves every nasty thing that is said about her.  In fact I am going to be really angry if this waste of oxygen is actually getting the surgery like she claims she is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

In fact I am going to be really angry if this waste of oxygen is actually getting the surgery like she claims she is.

I agree!

Although Dr. Now seems to truly live up to the Hippocratic oath, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he would do it as part of his inner core belief of serving humanity.

However, she'd have to live up to his conditions, which is to lose his expected amount of weight, go to rehab, and stop smoking.  And show up on surgery day with a clean toxicology report.

Nah, never mind, never gonna happen.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, essexjan said:

I'm heading off to the USA today for three weeks, to NYC

So jealous!!!! I adore NYC.  Best thing is I can eat all that wonderful ethnic food and never gain an ounce.   There's some serious walking to be done there.

So I was thinking about that convo with Dr. Now about Hawgs husband eating the same cals as she does.   The math just doesn't work, unless he is working some crazy physical job 😂🤣😂🤣

For comparison, a wildfire firefighter has to eat about 6000 cals a day just to perform the duty.  The news during California fires was that 8-10k cals a day was not unusual.  That whole collective bunch doesn't burn 6000 cals in week.  Even tweaking won't do that.

• Love 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

For comparison, a wildfire firefighter has to eat about 6000 cals a day just to perform the duty.  The news during California fires was that 8-10k cals a day was not unusual.  That whole collective bunch doesn't burn 6000 cals in week.  Even tweaking won't do that.

I agree.  Michael Phelps said he ate what....12,000 calories a day during training?  Which makes sense, given that he was moving with an extreme amount of force for 8-10 hours straight, every day.

This sounds like yet another lie Angela tells, where her dumb** drug-addicted freeloader husband just nods along, because he knows if he disagrees with her, he'll catch it later.

He might sit for one meal like she does, but he's not eating constantly, like she is.  I know many skinny people who eat "a ton", but if you spend a weekend with them, they really only eat "a ton" for a little bit, but then back off.

Dr. Now is smarter than that whole apartment of people put together.  I'm putting my money on that he's got the math down.

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, ProTourist said:

Agree 1,000 percent.

It's still up: here it is.

Thanks ProTourist. I had the absolutely gut busting delight of reading that page before Eviline/Angie figured out how to disable the hilariously brutal comments she so well deserved; still kicking myself for not screen capturing those.

A few observations about her updated GFM:

1. She keeps mentioning that she's $128 short on her rent yet her goal is $1200. Why? She's got $152 as of last count, so why does she keep saying she's short on her rent? Idiot. We all know that she's already eaten up and methed up any monies she's received.
  2. I am still gobsmacked at the nerve of this bitch to have a photo of herself with Dr. Now especially after she totally disrespected him and lied to him as well as unsuccessfully try to bully and manipulate him which was an epic fail on her part. I wonder if he knows or even cares that she's saying that she had been approved for weight loss surgery AND is filming her second episode? Notice how she conveniently doesn't mention successfully completing rehab which was a prerequisite for her getting the surgery?
  3. I'm calling her a big fat stank ass liar about using all her money for rent. Did she forget about the pills, meth, marijuana, God only knows what other substances that showed up on her tox screen, the cigarettes and, the massive quantities of crap take out food she inhales?
  4. Related to her rent situation, IF she is on disability and IF she is receiving rental assistance, which she would certainly qualify for, under Federal law she does not have to pay more than 30% of her monthly income. Period. Certainly not all of nearly all of her money as she claims. No landlord in his or her right mind would rent to someone who didn't actually have enough monthly income to pay the rent.

Good grief, this moron is not even smart enough to be a good liar. What a tool.

• Love 14

I noticed that the cash grab site no longer has the 3rd update, the one that said she was approved for surgery, never weighed over 600 lbs, and that she had lost so much weight too.    The only way she's getting WLS is if she goes to Mexico, where you pay cash, and get your surgery.     

• Love 4

I've been lurking on this forum for years and years, as this show is one of my guilty pleasures. Every week I think that I need to jump in and join the fun but just never find the push to do it. Well, Angie J was the push. Hi, y'all!

There was so much gold in this dumpster fire of an episode, but one of my favorite exchanges was between sweet Angie and her daughter regarding the plate of onion rings and...cheese curds? Not sure what the other fried objects were. Anyway, (paraphrasing):

Angie: Those look hot.

Desiree: They are hot. Watch out. You'll burn your mouth.

Angie: (Chomp-gulp-chomp) Oww! Ouch!

I also was inordinately tickled that every time they showed Angie videochatting with Dr. Now on her phone, TPTB felt the need to put on the screen: ON PHONE - DR. NOWZARADAN. You know, just in case we didn't know who she was talking to.

I have so many questions about Justin. Where did he disappear to? Was he a dad, too? I saw a card or something on the dresser that said "No. 1 Dad." (And...no.) One picture showed him holding a child whose face was blurred out. I haven't re-watched the episode yet (but oh yes, I plan to) but I thought the tattoo on his arm might have said "Rule" something? Although I like "Kale" much better!

I also thought that Desiree reminded me of a daughter of another poundticipant. She had the same sort of sweet, round face, and wore one of those thick headbands around her hair all of the time. I'm terrible at recalling names of former episodes, except for the trainwreck ones.

I think I could write a novel-length response concerning Angie, but I'll let it go for now! Thanks to all of you for so many laughs over the years! I promise I'll be back!

• Love 12