Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Angie J's Story

• Start Topic

On 5/10/2019 at 8:54 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

The more mentally healthy 600-lb people may not wish to be on TV. I’m guessing many would be too embarrassed, even if the payoff would be life-saving medical treatment.  

That's plausible along with what the others have said about time spent filming and not knowing the outcome. Might as well air it. Only good thing that could come of is is a warning to anyone thinking they are somehow entitled to surgery, which is not a given. 

For me, Angie J is right up there with Most Unlikable Patient. At first, I was rooting for her to make a turnaround but she consistently blamed EVERYONE ELSE for her problems, even her own daughter who had a baby. Heaven forbid she put that baby first. 

This woman turned and twisted conversations in spectacular and insane fashion. It was incredible how she did this. The husband said he didn't want to get lost in a new city, using the "F" word and Angie accuses him of cussing at her (when he was talking about the getting lost, not directing it at Angie). Just, wow. She's a woman to be feared. 

And then there's the drugs. How stupid is that woman to think that Dr. Now wouldn't find out? And they lying and delusions, saying the test was wrong. That was the Mt. Everest of denial if I ever heard one. Then, she refused rehab. Dr Now was still willing to help this meanie, and she sealed the deal by refusing.

Fine, stay an addict, Angie. You don't have much time left. 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, deepfriedcake said:

I've been lurking on this forum for years and years, as this show is one of my guilty pleasures. Every week I think that I need to jump in and join the fun but just never find the push to do it. Well, Angie J was the push. Hi, y'all!

Hi!  Looks like you're going to fit in JUST FINE with this group.  

6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

This woman turned and twisted conversations in spectacular and insane fashion. It was incredible how she did this. The husband said he didn't want to get lost in a new city, using the "F" word and Angie accuses him of cussing at her (when he was talking about the getting lost, not directing it at Angie). Just, wow. She's a woman to be feared. 

And didn't you love how she then turned around and began a diatribe, half of which was bleeped out?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Fine, stay an addict, Angie. You don't have much time left. 

Unfortunately her level of evil will keep her alive to torment her family for many years to come.

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Love 4
(edited)

Something that just occurred to me when everyone was discussing if Justin really does/could eat 8,000 calories a day: we are assuming that these dullards even know or care what a calorie is.  Part of what often makes someone super-morbidly obese is ignorance and denial. None of the people in this family (and I use the term loosely) seem to have an IQ that even broaches normal. It always baffles me that, with the availability of information out there, these folks don't know the difference between healthy and unhealthy food, what a decent portion size is, or, in this case, that smoking or being exposed to a smoker while pregnant is dangerous.

So I would venture to say that when Dr. Now references that she must be eating 7000 calories a day, Angie quickly (and, in her eyes, very cleverly) tosses out, "He eats more than I do!"  And dimwitted Justin says, "yep, yep- I eat 8-10,000 calories a day."  I am seriously doubtful that he would have the interest or the capability of counting his calories.

Angie mentioned a couple of times that she "supports" the family. My guess is that she is the only one who brings in any money, however she gets it. Therefore the rest of the lot is on the hook to her. And she relishes that sense of control. 

The scene where she decides to throw the boyfriend out of the house and she and Desiree "discuss" it is very telling. Her daughter is suddenly thrown in a situation where she has to choose between mom and boyfriend. She cries.  Angie's reaction? "Ohhh, here we go; I knew you would get emotional," or some such thing.  Classic gaslighting: "it's not me; it's you"- just like when she told the boyfriend "Get a life," which is ok- but then says, "and then he had to OVERREACT, up to HERE," (as she raises her giant arms up in the air).

Edited by KateHearts
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, deepfriedcake said:

I've been lurking on this forum for years and years, as this show is one of my guilty pleasures. Every week I think that I need to jump in and join the fun but just never find the push to do it. Well, Angie J was the push. Hi, y'all!

[. . .]

I think I could write a novel-length response concerning Angie, but I'll let it go for now! Thanks to all of you for so many laughs over the years! I promise I'll be back!

Welcome deepfriedcake -- I am a recent lurker-turned-pounder myself. ☺️

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Unfortunately her level of evil will keep her alive to torment her family for many years to cone.

If the saying "Only the good die young" is true, she'll bury us all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Something that just occurred to me when everyone was discussing if Justin really does/could eat 8,000 calories a day: we are assuming that these dullards even know or care what a calorie is.  Part of what often makes someone super-morbidly obese is ignorance and denial. None of the people in this family (and I use the term loosely) seem to have an IQ that even broaches normal. It always baffles me that, with the availability of information out there, these folks don't know the difference between healthy and unhealthy food, what a decent portion size is, or, in this case, that smoking or being exposed to a smoker while pregnant is dangerous.

So I would venture to say that when Dr. Now references that she must be eating 7000 calories a day, Angie quickly (and, in her eyes, very cleverly) tosses out, "He eats more than I do!"  And dimwitted Justin says, "yep, yep- I eat 8-10,000 calories a day."  I am seriously doubtful that he would have the interest or the capability of counting his calories.

Agreed, unless Justin may have had a medical issue that caused him to learn about his eating. But don't discount my theory of the gypsy curse, a la Stephen King's novel/film "Thinner." 😉 In fact, Angie may have cast the spell herself, one day when she was particularly annoyed with Justin. To me she's right up there with Roman and Minnie Castevet, although she's less polite than they are. 😏 😄

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I noticed that the cash grab site no longer has the 3rd update, the one that said she was approved for surgery, never weighed over 600 lbs, and that she had lost so much weight too.    The only way she's getting WLS is if she goes to Mexico, where you pay cash, and get your surgery.     

Amazing on how the negative comments have forced her to be a bit more truthful.  Thanks for the update.

• Love 4

Angie's protestations of all she sacrifices for the family are simply more of her narcissism and gaslighting.  She sees herself as the center of the family and tells herself and them she cannot exist without her.  From the outside, we know that they are better off without her and can never really live full lives as long as they allow her in their lives.  But this kind of dysfunction really does a number on children.  I hope Angie stays in Houston and Desiree stays in Ohio to never see her again, but I doubt it will happen. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, deepfriedcake said:

Welcome, welcome.   I have lurked more than posted over the years, but I have discovered the fun of the live chat now.   Can't keep up with it, but it is exhilarating to try it and it is great to know I am not the only one who has this guilty pleasure.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:48 AM, ProTourist said:

Angie doesn't explain this on camera, but I think she means that she gives financial help, in that she lets people live in her house, pays for the basic living expenses, etc. But even if she does share her home with family, boyfriends, etc., it comes at a high price for them. 

I think you are right.  Part of the price is that whatever she has them cook is making them all fat.   I hated what she said about her daughter being fatter than she was at her daughter's age.  It was an ugly remark, and made in an ugly tone as well, but I think it is true.  The other daughter (Hailey?) is on the same obesity track as her mother and sister.  And the pregnant daughter was also a smoker.   It wouldn't surprise me if the entire family was doing drugs together.  No one seemed to have a job.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, ProTourist said:

I agree that it's possible that Justin ate more than Angie or Desirée -- he said in the doctor's office that he eats 8,000 - 10,000 calories a day -- and remain thin. Although I'm not a doctor and Dr. Now said otherwise, I think it is possible either due to metabolism or effects of certain types of drug abuse. Or perhaps a tape worm, or a gypsy curse, that makes him "thinner" no matter how much he eats? 😉

I think Justin has no clue how much she eats.   I am sure she does a lot of "secret" eating that he is unaware of.  These people seem  to have a lot of ways to hide their stash of high calorie treats.  I think it was Melissa who showed us how she hid bags of snacks under the yarn in her knitting basket.  And I think Lashanta hid fried chicken in the bed clothes.  Could be someone else; I tend to confuse a lot of episodes.  He wasn't around when her brother(s) brought the tacos over.    I think he made that comment to Dr Now to defend her eating habits so she wouldn't cuss him out later for agreeing with the doctor about how much she did eat.    

Edited to add-- I was mistaken about Justin not being there for Tacos in the Bedroom.  I thought she had 2 brothers who brought them, but it was one brother.   I re-watched a little of this yesterday.  I  can only watch in 20 minute sections.  Her intro was way too long.   At least in the Fat Doctor youtube episodes I watch there is very little history of their unhappy lives.   But that program has shown the worst of the worst versions of cleaning/washing a 500+ pound woman.  Jeanne's mom needs to watch it for lessons in keeping someone clean.

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Good grief, this moron is not even smart enough to be a good liar. What a tool.

And not just a moron but a clueless moron. Having completed filming and showing the world she couldn't follow the plan, failed her drug test and treated everyone within reach like crap - she still opened a GFM thinking she came off as likable and deserving of help.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

That's plausible along with what the others have said about time spent filming and not knowing the outcome. Might as well air it. Only good thing that could come of is is a warning to anyone thinking they are somehow entitled to surgery, which is not a given.

But the main compensation the poundticipants receive for their year-long commitment to the show is their weight-loss surgery. So when they are putting in the time and effort and the loss of privacy for all the filming, they may indeed feel entitled to receive their surgery. If we knew the language in the contracts they sign, then we'd have a better idea of how right/wrong they would be to feel so entitled.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kenzie said:

And not just a moron but a clueless moron. Having completed filming and showing the world she couldn't follow the plan, failed her drug test and treated everyone within reach like crap - she still opened a GFM thinking she came off as likable and deserving of help.

I think the only way she could've started a successful GFM was if she confessed that Dr. Now was right, and she was wrong and apologized for her behavior but she was doing better.  I still don't think I would've bought into it because she's demonstrated she never thinks she's wrong.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think the only way she could've started a successful GFM was if she confessed that Dr. Now was right, and she was wrong and apologized for her behavior but she was doing better.  I still don't think I would've bought into it because she's demonstrated she never thinks she's wrong.

It eludes me how people are donating to her.....of all the worthy causes out there to donate to, why in sam's hell is anyone donating to this flaming dumpster fire of a human being? Think of all the charities (cancer research, kids, animals, etc.) that deserve donations and yet people are sending their money to this hideous bitching tub of Crisco from hell instead!

• Love 17
On 5/10/2019 at 11:11 AM, nokat said:

I'm one of those people who could eat a lot of crap and stay skinny, without drugs. The thing is, portion size. I could eat a big mac and fries, but that would be it for a meal. I could eat what I wanted but I didn't want entire pizzas. I was also very active. Menopause hit and now I have to be more careful.

The thing is you didn't eat 10,000 calories a day, EVERY SINGLE DAY of your life, and either does Justin.  Maybe a few days a week you had 5000 and ate lot of crap on a regular basis and did not get fat.  But you didn't do it daily, eat 10,000 calories, and stuff your face non-stop over many years. If someone kept track of your total calories, it would be no where near the amounts these people eat.  And you may have put the weight on at a slower weight than some other people. And you may not have gained as much, but i agree with Dr. Now, science is science. Many skinny people are fidgety and tend to burn more calories just standing around. They can't sit still which helps their metabolism. 

He may eat 10,000 calories once a week, or twice a week, and it gets noticed by Angie and her daughter. If he ate 10,000 calories a day, every single day for years, he would not be rail thin. I don't care what kind of metabolism or drugs he is on.  They were completely exaggerating to Dr. Now to make themselves look better. Hogwash!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

The thing is you didn't eat 10,000 calories a day, EVERY SINGLE DAY of your life, and either does Justin.  Maybe a few days a week you had 5000 and ate lot of crap on a regular basis and did not get fat.  But you didn't do it daily, eat 10,000 calories, and stuff your face non-stop over many years. If someone kept track of your total calories, it would be no where near the amounts these people eat.  And you may have put the weight on at a slower weight than some other people. And you may not have gained as much, but i agree with Dr. Now, science is science. Many skinny people are fidgety and tend to burn more calories just standing around. They can't sit still which helps their metabolism. 

He may eat 10,000 calories once a week, or twice a week, and it gets noticed by Angie and her daughter. If he ate 10,000 calories a day, every single day for years, he would not be rail thin. I don't care what kind of metabolism or drugs he is on.  They were completely exaggerating to Dr. Now to make themselves look better. Hogwash!

I agree with you 100% on this and the fact that @nokat mentioned she was very active is a huge contributor to her low weight. I bet no one in Angie's family has any level of activity at all. I have dieted on and off my entire life but did not really burn a substantial amount of calories until I increased my physical activity. Now I view it as a lifestyle change, not a "diet", just as Dr. Now tries to tell his patients. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I love the fact that there's a whole sub-discussion on china and silverware and meal times at the dinner table happening because of this episode.

Signed,
The chick who admitted in the live thread that she was eating uncooked weenies and French's ketchup squirted directly onto them so she wouldn't miss anything

Edited by Callaphera
live feed doesn't apply to this show
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

It eludes me how people are donating to her.

Since the show aired she has only hit $152, not quite $100 since then.  I had a look at her Angela Dunham-Johns FB page, and I'm surprised she hasn't removed comments.  This afternoon it appeared she and her sister got involved with the arguments there.  Her sister appears as nasty as she is.

18 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The chick who admitted in the live feed thread that she was eating uncooked weenies and French's ketchup squirted directly onto them so she wouldn't miss anything

😂😂😂. I remember cracking up at you when you posted your eating habit.  At the time,  I was snarfing down scrambled eggs with ketchup rolled up in uncooked tortillas.  I may set a gorgeous table for family & friends, but during my garbage TeeVee shows all bets are off!  For 90 Day Fiance tomorrow night, I will be enjoying little mini corn dogs, with both ketchup & mustard for dipping.

11 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

This afternoon it appeared she and her sister got involved with the arguments there.  Her sister appears as nasty as she is.

Oooh spill it!  I'm not on Facebook.  I take it to mean that the comments were nasty like the GFM page, only she and her sister are responding?  

• Love 5
(edited)
35 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

😂😂😂. I remember cracking up at you when you posted your eating habit.  At the time,  I was snarfing down scrambled eggs with ketchup rolled up in uncooked tortillas.  I may set a gorgeous table for family & friends, but during my garbage TeeVee shows all bets are off!  For 90 Day Fiance tomorrow night, I will be enjoying little mini corn dogs, with both ketchup & mustard for dipping.

Oooh spill it!  I'm not on Facebook.  I take it to mean that the comments were nasty like the GFM page, only she and her sister are responding?  

Here's Angela herself,   "Yall are hilarious i have my toxicology report i had benzos MY PRESCRIBED XANAX AND WEED IN MY SYSTEM period. Never done meth he didnt offer me rehab thst was edited for u dummies to believe it worked apparently! Keep believing what you want those cuz whether u love me or hate me apparently im relevant in your mind lol ots not a 2 way thing though so ya know!"

Here's Angela's sister Cassie,  "s easy to talk shit on the internet, but yall can come to ohio and get worked cause ill fuck someone up over my family REGUARDLESS. You lowlife scum ass bitches"

Just a taste.  I believe Angie only posted that one message, but Cassie's posted several messages just the same.  OK, I decided to add a couple more.

Here a person made a comment without any swearing, "I guess life is hard when you aren’t laying in bed having everyone in range bringing food to shove in your mouth."

Cassie responds "(name) life must be hard still sucking on your mommys titty at 30 yrs old . why dont you go outside and get punched in the face you baby ass bitch"

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 11:52 AM, 88Keys said:

If pregnant women aren't supposed to even change the litter box, then surely they are not supposed to touch infected wounds?

No woman, pregnant or not, should have to see her fat mother's infected cooch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, ProTourist said:

Welcome deepfriedcake -- I am a recent lurker-turned-pounder myself. ☺️

You both are very welcome! I kind of dived in head first this season. The people who post here and on live chat make the show so much more enjoyable.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Here's Angela herself,   "Yall are hilarious i have my toxicology report i had benzos MY PRESCRIBED XANAX AND WEED IN MY SYSTEM period. Never done meth he didnt offer me rehab thst was edited for u dummies to believe it worked apparently! Keep believing what you want those cuz whether u love me or hate me apparently im relevant in your mind lol ots not a 2 way thing though so ya know!"

Here's Angela's sister Cassie,  "s easy to talk shit on the internet, but yall can come to ohio and get worked cause ill fuck someone up over my family REGUARDLESS. You lowlife scum ass bitches"

Just a taste.  I believe Angie only posted that one message, but Cassie's posted several messages just the same.  OK, I decided to add a couple more.

Here a person made a comment without any swearing, "I guess life is hard when you aren’t laying in bed having everyone in range bringing food to shove in your mouth."

Cassie responds "(name) life must be hard still sucking on your mommys titty at 30 yrs old . why dont you go outside and get punched in the face you baby ass bitch"

Wow.  They sound Kuh-lassy.  People like this usually live to be 100 because they’re so horrible that even Satan doesn’t want to deal with them.

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Here's Angela herself,   "Yall are hilarious i have my toxicology report i had benzos MY PRESCRIBED XANAX AND WEED IN MY SYSTEM period. Never done meth he didnt offer me rehab thst was edited for u dummies to believe it worked apparently! 

Don’t do FB so I hope my pounders will indulge me to respond to this twot monster here. Ahem. 

Well, Ang...can I call ya Ang? This dummy still has it on her DVR, so I went back to look, and I have to agree, this must be an academy award worthy editing job. There you sit, in your finest red top, with your stoned ass slave boy and your stoned ass paid friend, trying to blubber your way to some sympathy from that mean ole Dr. Now. He says weight loss surgery is off the table. You say, “then I don’t know what I’m doing then.” He says “if you want a chance to do this and continue on then you need to start by going to rehab...you either do that or we’re done.” You say “can I have time to think about it?” He says “you have 24 hours...the priority is that we address your substance abuse.” You say ok, and almost break your arm patting yourself on the back for taking the “first step” of coming to Dr. Now’s office (alrighty then) then Dr. Now says AGAIN, “your next step is rehab. That’s your only option. So let me know what you decide,” and you say OK.  Then you and your merry band of losers walk/waddle out with your unmistakable warbling in the voiceover, going on about mistreatment, offensive and unfair, reports are wrong, Dr.now is wrong, “I’ve been nice,” (Heeee) and “I’ve lost a lotta weight,” (BAHAHAHA ... I don’t think “nice” or “a lot” either one mean what you think they do) and how you’re going back to Ohio unless Dr. Now apologizes for the “heinous” accusations. You’re right, it worked, because I totally believe that is EXACTLY what happened.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

A few thoughts:

Some posters have said she's worse than Steven Assanti. I respectfully disagree because I believe that if Steven Assanti had the physique and mobility of a normal man, he might well be a serial killer.  I don't say that lightly, but think of all the times he would say or do hurtful things and then giggle when called on it: he sees other people as there to either serve or amuse him.

Angela, on the other hand, sees others as there to either serve or "be there" for her. A small distinction maybe, but an important one. Having said that, she's hateful and horrible and definitely in the Top (or is it Bottom?) Five Worst Ever.

Angelogic: If I don't like my apartment, they don't give me the one I thought I was getting, and I voluntarily choose not to live in Houston as a result, it's exactly like the apartment managers are murdering me.

Angelogic: HOW DARE Dr. Now imply that I might be taking drugs, even though I actually am?

Angelogic: Dr. Now OWES me the surgery no matter what I do because.... er.... well, because..... um.... WELL, I DESERVE IT AND I'M NOT LETTING HIM TELL ME OTHERWISE!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
21 hours ago, ProTourist said:

But the main compensation the poundticipants receive for their year-long commitment to the show is their weight-loss surgery. So when they are putting in the time and effort and the loss of privacy for all the filming, they may indeed feel entitled to receive their surgery. If we knew the language in the contracts they sign, then we'd have a better idea of how right/wrong they would be to feel so entitled.

Based on the show, however, one must be able to follow Dr. Now's pre-surgery program and be compliant. That's been shown time and time again. Of course we don't know what the contract states, but given what they have shown, if a patient doesn't--or cannot--comply with Dr. Now's pre-surgery expectations, patient does not get surgery. 

With Angie, her mind is so warped there could be a wormhole in there somewhere. Anyone who does not concede to her demands is "murdering" her so, she may not have a grasp on the reality that other patients besides her were denied surgery by Dr. Now for pulling the same shit she did. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

A few thoughts:

Some posters have said she's worse than Steven Assanti. I respectfully disagree because I believe that if Steven Assanti had the physique and mobility of a normal man, he might well be a serial killer.  I don't say that lightly, but think of all the times he would say or do hurtful things and then giggle when called on it: he sees other people as there to either serve or amuse him.

Angela, on the other hand, sees others as there to either serve or "be there" for her. A small distinction maybe, but an important one. Having said that, she's hateful and horrible and definitely in the Top (or is it Bottom?) Five Worst Ever.

Angelogic: If I don't like my apartment, they don't give me the one I thought I was getting, and I voluntarily choose not to live in Houston as a result, it's exactly like the apartment managers are murdering me.

Angelogic: HOW DARE Dr. Now imply that I might be taking drugs, even though I actually am?

Angelogic: Dr. Now OWES me the surgery no matter what I do because.... er.... well, because..... um.... WELL, I DESERVE IT AND I'M NOT LETTING HIM TELL ME OTHERWISE!

I have to completely agree with your assessment of Steven ASSante vs. Angie J, as despicable as she is Sir RaiderDuck OMS. I actually said the same thing when his original episode aired. He gave me that creepy hair raised on the back of your neck feeling. Not only do I believe that he could be a serial killer but also one of those depraved individuals who like to abduct people, most likely females, and keep them in a secret crawl space to be tortured for his amusement. Yes, he is that evil IMHO.

I will repeat that I hope that he never reaches a normal size since I prefer that potential serial killers be as conspicuous as possible. No way do I want this creep to look "normal" and quietly blend into society like a Ted Bundy.

What makes Angie J. a very close second is her daughter and grandchildren (I really don't give two fucks about her dimwitted, meth head of a husband). I say this because she's a slow moving soul killer who has successfully bullied and brainwashed her own daughter into sacrificing herself to do her bidding with no end in sight AND, sadly, I see the same fate for her innocent grandchildren unless somehow her daughter pulls her head out of her ass, takes her kids and gets the Hell outta there. How her newborn came into the world without drugs being found in his system is a mystery to me.

BTW, I am intrigued: what's the background on your screen name?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

What makes Angie J. a very close second is her daughter and grandchildren (I really don't give two fucks about her dimwitted, meth head of a husband). I say this because she's a slow moving soul killer who has successfully bullied and brainwashed her own daughter into sacrificing herself to do her bidding with no end in sight AND, sadly, I see the same fate for her innocent grandchildren unless somehow her daughter pulls her head out of her ass, takes her kids and gets the Hell outta there. How her newborn came into the world without drugs being found in his system is a mystery to me.

BTW, I am intrigued: what's the background on your screen name?

It speaks volumes that Angela didn't want her husband to wipe her butt or put cream on her cooter or give her showers because she thought it wouldn't be appropriate, but had no qualms forcing her grown-ass daughter to do it.

Screen name: It's a combination of my two favorite football teams (the Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders and the Oregon Ducks), and my status as a Knight of the Principality of Sealand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

How her newborn came into the world without drugs being found in his system is a mystery to me.

Maybe it's just the contrast with the other huge people, and I don't know how old he was in the scene, but he seemed to be pretty tiny. Between the smoking and her being overweight, there's a good chance his birth weight was lower than normal. I hope that's the only issue for him. He was adorable.

• Love 3

Heh heh, I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about you @Natalie68 and Mr. Natalie. I need you to spill ALL the tea on your and hubby's reaction to the second hour of Angie J.'s episode. Her nastiness just kept increasing exponentially as her "journey" unfolded. It wasn't just a regular old train wreck but a massive conga line of train wrecks. 

Please tell us all about your M600PL "date" night. Inquiring minds must know! 😊

• LOL 2

Someone I'm facebook friends with posted a comment asking for thoughts on the overuse of the word "journey" (or something to that effect). No indication that it had anything to do with this show, but I wondered...

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

It speaks volumes that Angela didn't want her husband to wipe her butt or put cream on her cooter or give her showers because she thought it wouldn't be appropriate, but had no qualms forcing her grown-ass daughter to do it.

I wonder if Justin told her he wouldn't do it, and this is her spin on his refusal. 

note to Anjie---TLC can give you a bad edit only if you say and do bad stuff while they are filming you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

By popular demand, we are opening the live chat for this episode again on Thursday, 16 May 2019, for another round of snark while watching Angie warm our hearts with her caring and open nature.  Consider it your favorite roller coaster.  Ride it again!

ETA: Per TLC.com, the supersize episode re-airs at 8:00 PM 2019.05.16. That is when we are opening the live chat.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
11 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

By popular demand, we are opening the live chat for this episode again on Thursday, 16 May 2019, for another round of snark while watching Angie warm our hearts with her caring and open nature.  Consider it your favorite roller coaster.  Ride it again!

Hmmm...Big Bang Theory finale or supersize snark...decisions, decisions.

• LOL 4
15 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Woohoo! All I wanna say to that is:

1486042352_tenor(1).gif.302db597dd4d36345341cfff64b30f03.gif

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I'm happy.  Since the ep will air directly before the new poundticipants show, I may actually be awake and able to snark live with all you pounders.  I'm old and go to bed with the chickens.  I usually skip the Supersized versions, but not this one!

I still haven't read all the previous live chat posts.  Did this break a live chat record for comments?  I am guessing yes.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

*adds more weenies to the grocery list*

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Hmmm...Big Bang Theory finale or supersize snark...decisions, decisions.

Shit!  I double-checked my cable guide, and now they have regular hosebeast Angie's ep on Wednesday, and Supersize on Thursday!  Foiled, again!  Last week they had Supersize on the guide for 6pm Weds.  Dammit!1!

Big Bang all the way here.  I'll DVR the Shitstorm and comment on Friday.  BOOOOOO!  So pissed.

13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm happy.  Since the ep will air directly before the new poundticipants show, I may actually be awake and able to snark live with all you pounders.  I'm old and go to bed with the chickens.  I usually skip the Supersized versions, but not this one!

I still haven't read all the previous live chat posts.  Did this break a live chat record for comments?  I am guessing yes.

Stupid Spectrum cable guide.  Fuck you!  😡

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I was about to suggest a drinking game for this special Supersized Angie J episode. Every time one of us, quite deservedly so, calls her a bitch, we take a glug of our beverage of choice. I believe we may have broken the record for how many times we called a poundticipant that word during the original Live Chat.

However, for those of us who drink alcoholic beverages, we would probably be face-planted on the floor before the end of the first half hour so nevermind! 😆

• LOL 8
On 5/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I did have a lively time on Live Chat last night. Man, that's pretty intense.  It helps me keep up my skills.  lol  

I will say that this woman reminds me some people that we see in the public eye. That's all I'll say about that. 

I’m very very careful about what I say in this regards on this forum. The live chats are my happy place and I don’t want to get in fights or banned. Dat would make me sad.

• LOL 3
On 5/9/2019 at 2:09 PM, libgirl2 said:

My God, she really was bad if we find him more sympathetic! 

He gets 1000000 bonus points for cupcake the kitty

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2019 at 2:12 PM, suzeecat said:

This is one show that definitely warrants a "Behind The Scenes" special.  I would be nervous about a reunion though.  All those lardasses in one location could knock the Earth off its axis.  Maybe they could do remote broadcasts and keep them spread out (pun intended). 

This next comment will cement my permanent gasoline soaked drawers.....maybe Houston is sinking and flooded all the time now because of all the weight of Dr Nows’ patients. I’ll see myself to the woodshed now.....

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

[1] Some posters have said she's worse than Steven Assanti. I respectfully disagree because I believe that if Steven Assanti had the physique and mobility of a normal man, he might well be a serial killer.  I don't say that lightly, but think of all the times he would say or do hurtful things and then giggle when called on it: he sees other people as there to either serve or amuse him.

[2] Angela, on the other hand, sees others as there to either serve or "be there" for her. A small distinction maybe, but an important one. Having said that, she's hateful and horrible and definitely in the Top (or is it Bottom?) Five Worst Ever.

1) Yes, I can see your point that Steven might be a worse human being, with criminal bent, if he were more physically able. But I think the same could be said for Angela as well, and she is already an ex-con. Since she thinks that someone not giving her the same apartment that she viewed online as 'murdering' her, that kind of mind might justify a similar type of retaliation. Their modus operandi might differ, though. 😉

2) Must admit I don't understand the distinction, regarding Steven's seeking amusement from other people while Angela seeks for them to 'be there for her'. I suppose that is not so uncommon for people who live such physically-restricted lives, and who are mean-spirited -- they enjoy watching others jump through hoops to serve and entertain them.

3 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I have to completely agree with your assessment of Steven ASSante vs. Angie J, as despicable as she is Sir RaiderDuck OMS. I actually said the same thing when his original episode aired. He gave me that creepy hair raised on the back of your neck feeling. Not only do I believe that he could be a serial killer but also one of those depraved individuals who like to abduct people, most likely females, and keep them in a secret crawl space to be tortured for his amusement. Yes, he is that evil IMHO.

I will repeat that I hope that he never reaches a normal size since I prefer that potential serial killers be as conspicuous as possible. No way do I want this creep to look "normal" and quietly blend into society like a Ted Bundy.

I never got that feeling from Steven, that he was evil -- Angela J. is the first one to bring out that reaction in me. Steven has always impressed me as a big baby + drama queen, although he does abuse those around him. And I do believe his mind is somewhat twisted too, although that could be caused (or worsened) by all the drugs.

Her daughter had already moved out before Angela moved to Houston, thank goodness. She took her kids and boyfriend and went to stay with a friend. That happened when Justin moved back in, because Desirée did not trust Justin. If Angela does eventually move back to Ohio, I doubt that Desirée would live with her again, even if Angela would be permanently separated from Justin.

I don't know how we know that "her newborn came into the world without drugs being found in his system" ? But I didn't think Desirée was on drugs, although she was smoking cigarettes during her pregnancy, which certainly could have harmed the baby.

3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

That doesn't really speak anything to me. I took it at face value that she didn't want her husband to become her care-giver. Although she didn't say why, I figured perhaps she thought it would hurt the sexual relationship between them, or that he would be unwilling and would just leave her. But yes, she does seem to have no hesitation to force her daughter to do all sorts of things for her.

2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I wonder if Justin told her he wouldn't do it, and this is her spin on his refusal.

That was my impression as well, as one possibility.

• Love 1

I watched it again today and I have so many QUESTIONS!!

Was she using before Justin left?

What narcotics were on her tox screen?

Her numbers were so confusing. Angie was 34 when Desiree moved in so she was 17. Her husband got a ten year sentence. That’s huge so must have been armed robbery or drug trafficking or attempted murder. She did four years on revoked bail. That means her original sentence must have been at least six years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’m so impressed lately with Dr. Now’s tone and proper boundaries. He deals with some sick puppies, who are master manipulators. I know because I used to be one. Yet he maintains a cool head. He doesn’t lay cheap shots on Angie for using drugs. He just firmly offers to help but has a firm boundary about it and sticks to its. 

I wish I had a buck for every time Angie is offended in this episode. 

• Love 16