Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: Rules of Engagement

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

which was an express violation of the agreement that Scheana and Adam made last episode, 

Did she actually agree or is it just what he wanted?  Cuz, in all the retellings I hear, "I/Adam doesn't want me/Scheana to bang other dudes, but dating is fine."  But never Scheana actually agreeing with him that this arrangement was the deal.  I haven't watched this episode yet (my son lost a screw from his glasses last night--fun times!), but it didn't seem like Scheana actually promised/agreed not to do anything on these dates.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Did I misunderstand or did Lisa compare Jax to Ken?  Something about how KEN did change his spots.  Really? Hard to believe that Ken was like Jax.  That's pretty scary.  

All I can think about is OMG, this is a fiasco in the making. (Jax and Brittney engagement.)  Oh well, you can't say the girl wasn't warned and she knows what she's getting herself into.  I'm done with the pity for her.  But, reality show divorces are good material.  So, there is that .  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I just do not get the Raquel hate. So who gives a rats ass that she's not the smartest girl that ever graced this show full of alcoholics and back stabbers? She's a much nicer person than all of the other bitches on this show. That should count for something. 

I do not hate Raquel. I am pretty indifferent to her. They can all call Raquel dumb, but I do not think anyone on this show is very intelligent.

I will be at my table for one for not liking Beau. He seems so on all the time. He is Hester from Project Runway level of grating for me. Then again, I think Stassi is a horrible person, so I could care less about her storylines.

I do not particularly like James, but I find him the most entertaining to watch. His family dynamics are quite interesting to me.

Also, I think this show needs some new blood. I find pretty much everyone in the inner circle (Jax, Brittany, Stassi, Kristen, Sandoval, Schwartz, Katie, Ariana, and Lala) so very boring. Great, another wedding to watch being planned all next season. Stassi and Katie especially are mean girls. While Scheana, James, and Billie are not that likable I at least find them entertaining and they at least attempt to bring it. Really the whole cast could use new storylines. It seems like the same story each season. I would rather ditch the whole cast and have people who actually work at Sur. That will never happen though.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I just don't think she's nice. I think she's fake as fuck. I think she wants to be in the inner circle SO badly. She started out by using James, but then he got iced out and now she's stuck. She constantly makes comments about how he needs to be nice to everyone - because SHE wants in. He was so loving and sweet to her this episode, but she never reciprocated. He said, "I love you", "I love you so much", I'm so in love with you." She never said it back. He compliments her, and she says things like, "Okay, but don't ___".

She lost me when she left James at home and went out for that night with the same girls that were working overtime to get him fired (or had already gotten fired, I forget the exact sequence of events).  And then getting a job at SUR.  The minute she can claw her way into the cast without needing James as a hook, she'll dump his ass so she can go on the trips.  

• Love 18
37 minutes ago, Brooke0707 said:

Also, are Kristen and Carter over?  I didn't see him last night and I think he has been absent from her Instagram?

Carter was in the background of one scene dancing I think. I remember seeing him and making a mental note about it. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Apparently things got so heated at the reunion that FI Tom is no longer best man.

Oooo....now THAT's some news.  Well, so much for besties for the rest of our lives.  Personally, how anyone could stay friends with human lie machine that is Jax is a mystery to me.

Let me guess - Schwartzie's replaced him?  Good luck Jax - hope you've hired a wedding planner because as "nice" as he is, Schwartz is a lazy ass who never follows up.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Carolina Girl said:

Oooo....now THAT's some news.  Well, so much for besties for the rest of our lives.  Personally, how anyone could stay friends with human lie machine that is Jax is a mystery to me.

Let me guess - Schwartzie's replaced him?  Good luck Jax - hope you've hired a wedding planner because as "nice" as he is, Schwartz is a lazy ass who never follows up.  

On WWHL Stassi was a little cagey about it—she said that she always thought both Toms were best men... but, things got REALLY heated between Jax and Sandoval at the reunion. Going by the clips I think it’s because he’s so supportive of James to the point of almost defending James for calling Brittany a hillbilly/being nasty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Random thought/comments:

• Flat Iron saying (while flat ironing!) it's a constant challenge for him to not upstage people.
  • Schwartz telling Katie he feels like she's going to be a monster of a human when she's pregnant.
  • That clip with the 'witch' - I have no idea how they all kept a straight face through that shit.
  • Flat Iron, "I'm falling back on this pole, real nice and sloooow." Too easy.
  • Adam got very heated -- sort of surprisingly so because he always seemed like he barely had a pulse. You didn't want to commit, yet you want her not to see anyone? 
  • Ariana talking to Lisa, "They're both...well I don't know about Tom Schwartz...but Tom Sandoval is probably one of the hardest working people I know." Haha. Good catch, A.
  • Ariana to Lisa after the 'confrontation', "You know I love and respect you so much", and Lisa replied, "I hope so." 😶
  •  And finally, the Lisa beer bong and burp. Made me like her more.
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

Carter was in the background of one scene dancing I think. I remember seeing him and making a mental note about it. 

He and Kristen got off the party bus and entered the party together.

James' hillbilly spiel to Brittany already made me laugh in the preview.  I am meanly looking forward to the whole thing 😈

• Love 8
16 hours ago, nytonc said:

Jax is always so hyper, eyes bulging out. Coke?

I'm pretty sure it's coke. I can't remember the exact episode but there was a party and he was sweating and bouncing around with those same eyes all night. There's actually been a few episodes with him like that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, princelina said:

James' hillbilly spiel to Brittany already made me laugh in the preview.  I am meanly looking forward to the whole thing 😈

Not 100% sure, but the way it was edited, it looked like Jax told James that Raquel was useless/stupid. James doesn’t contradict him; he just tells Jax that Brittany is a hillbilly. 

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Did she actually agree or is it just what he wanted?  Cuz, in all the retellings I hear, "I/Adam doesn't want me/Scheana to bang other dudes, but dating is fine."  But never Scheana actually agreeing with him that this arrangement was the deal.  I haven't watched this episode yet (my son lost a screw from his glasses last night--fun times!), but it didn't seem like Scheana actually promised/agreed not to do anything on these dates.

You're right; there is a distinction to be made.  They only thing I *think* Scheana and Adam agreed to was that she was going to keep her date with the other guy off of social media.  Everything else was just a stated preference, but there was no meeting of the minds (not going to go there.  Too easy).

I guess I was trying to give Adam a scintilla of credit for being upfront about the fact that he was being an asshole, and had an asshole double standard for his behavior vs Scheana's, but the whole situation was completely immature and I think I even saw it written on a billboard "someone's gonna get hurt!"  Turns out they both got hurt (unless Adam's just acting, which is a distinct possibility).

They are both knuckleheads of the highest order.  At the end of the day, Adam wasn't even mad about the social media, but about the fact that Scheana fucked the other guy.  And I think Scheana was going to fuck the other guy, regardless of what Adam did or didn't shout from the rooftops, because she's selfish and she had a plan.

I don't really believe in friends with benefits.  There is always someone who cares more.

I wonder what would have happened if Adam and Brittney would have worked out. I bet things would have been a lot different with regard to how they treated each other.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I will be at my table for one for not liking Beau. He seems so on all the time. He is Hester from Project Runway level of grating for me. Then again, I think Stassi is a horrible person, so I could care less about her storylines.

If you listened to Stassi's podcasts you would like him even less. Stassi has him on quite often because well, they are the perfect couple. And Beau is drunk much of the time on these podcasts. Talk about grating! He's not the most intelligent guy, either. According to Stassi, her fans at her book signing tours were more excited about Beau being there than they were about Stassi. Stassi also said that day when she got home she took a 2 hr nap because she was tired from the tour and when she woke up Beau was shitfaced drunk. So you can add me to your table. I also think he has a drinking problem. It may not be an issue for Stassi now but when they start having kids, likeable lovable Beau is going to have to get his shit together. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

If you listened to Stassi's podcasts you would like him even less. Stassi has him on quite often because well, they are the perfect couple. And Beau is drunk much of the time on these podcasts. Talk about grating! He's not the most intelligent guy, either. According to Stassi, her fans at her book signing tours were more excited about Beau being there than they were about Stassi. Stassi also said that day when she got home she took a 2 hr nap because she was tired from the tour and when she woke up Beau was shitfaced drunk. So you can add me to your table. I also think he has a drinking problem. It may not be an issue for Stassi now but when they start having kids, likeable lovable Beau is going to have to get his shit together. 

I wonder if his job is full-time or part-time.  It seems like he is with her a lot, even during the day, and then night times are always full.  Must not have a demanding job.

• Love 3

Isn't the therapist's job to help patients understand how their choices affect others and themselves and how poor behavior has consequences?  I'm not sure how James focusing on what he thinks is helpful to him.  That's his main problem.  Rules are made for other people isn't real helpful to self destructive people. 

• Love 5

~$20K for an ENGAGEMENT party?!? Um, who’s going to tell these people they’re not real celebrities? Jax was complaining about $300 mashed potatoes but somehow $3,000 for flowers seems reasonable? A $14,000 venue?? They even did the full-on “wedding stuff” with feeding each other from a three-tiered cake. What’s left to do at the wedding? Why??? It was just insane! But I guess next season we can anticipate Brittany being a full-on Bridezilla. Guess we should have seen it coming how “extra” she is what with giving each of her dozen bridesmaids a goddamned rose under glass like Beauty and the Beast. So, now what, they just all put this foot-high Glass dome on a shelf and will the petals to fall off every time Jax acts like an ass in the hope he withers away?

And did Scheana really think sleeping with that model was going to make Adam fall in love with her...and if that didn’t work she had a penguin as extra incentive? She was truly dumbfounded that her plan backfired! How about instead of trying so hard to pretend like you’re the cool best friend with no strings and no feelings, how about some honesty and appropriate boundaries: I’m falling in love with you, I want a relationship with you, but if you can’t give that to me, then I need to move on. Instead I’m just going to fuck this guy and why doesn’t that make you love meeeeee?

That was kind of sad that the only time James can go to SUR to get some pathetic goat cheese balls is when EVERYONE else is out of town...and yet they still found a few extras who actually work there to bad mouth him for having the audacity to show up.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Being a hillbilly myself (go Mountaineers!), hearing James belittle hillbillies didn’t make me laugh at all. The hillbillies I grew up with would never say the horrible shit James says to people - I know people living in single-wides who have 1000x more class than that wannabe. I recognized the hillbilly rage on Brittany’s face, lol. We’re nice until we’re not. I am not Brittany’s biggest fan, but I am right there with her on this, heh. 

Omg, Scheana is just hopeless. And she does not look 26. If you told me she was 38 I’d believe it. 

So confused by LVP’s outfit, but that beer bong was awesome. Mic drop, indeed! 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It only has a beer and wine license. I don’t understand how that doesn’t make it a proper venue. They liked the space and went with it. If someone can’t handle attending a party that doesn’t have hard alcohol that’s on them. 

And!  You can always sneak your own in!

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

~$20K for an ENGAGEMENT party?!? Um, who’s going to tell these people they’re not real celebrities? Jax was complaining about $300 mashed potatoes but somehow $3,000 for flowers seems reasonable? A $14,000 venue?? They even did the full-on “wedding stuff” with feeding each other from a three-tiered cake. What’s left to do at the wedding?

Maybe it's the new thing - but when I was of the age when all my friends were getting married, the engagement party was given by either the Bride's or the Groom's parents (usually the former in my experience) in order to essentially make the announcement.   If the parents lived in another state, the party was often given by the honor attendants.  I don't think anyone I know ever gave themselves an engagement party, especially since they'd already been engaged HOW long at this point?

Edited by Carolina Girl
because proofreading is often your friend.
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

especially since they'd already been engaged HOW long at this point?

2 1/2 months they got engaged in June and this was in August which isn’t that weird for a large engagement party but the throwing it for yourself is not typical.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Maybe it's the new thing - but when I was of the age when all my friends were getting married, the engagement party was given by either the Bride's or the Groom's parents (usually the former in my experience) in order to essentially make the announcement.   If the parents lived in another state, the party was often given by the honor attendants.  I don't think anyone I know ever gave themselves an engagement party, especially since they'd already been engaged HOW long at this point?

When my friends started getting married a million years ago none of them had engagement parties. Then again, I didn’t know anyone who had the $ to waste on such things. We spent $5k eloping to Maui and I thought we were extravagant, heh. We could have married in Maui 4 times for the price of that engagement party! I feel for brides today - so much pressure to do all this stuff! Though I did adore the flower wall. That was gorgeous. And everyone looked nice except Lala. Did she get that headband with Fofty $? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Can someone explain the "Fofty" references?  I watched last night but I had my adorable granddaughter Noodles with me and I think I missed something.  That or I'm just to old to speak "hip" anymore.....

Lala and Randall got into an IG fight with 50 Cent over the weekend. It’s a typo of his name that Randall made in a text more info in Lala’s thread.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, Carolina Girl said:

Can someone explain the "Fofty" references?  I watched last night but I had my adorable granddaughter Noodles with me and I think I missed something.  That or I'm just to old to speak "hip" anymore.....

Oh, LaLa’s man owed Fifty Cent a million dollars, and Fifty shamed him on social media something fierce to get him to pay - he posted texts from “Rand” where he made a typo and wrote Fofty instead of Fifty. It’s really all funnier than I am making it out to be, lol. LaLa’s thread has the goods. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Stiggs said:

Oh, LaLa’s man owed Fifty Cent a million dollars, and Fifty shamed him on social media something fierce to get him to pay - he posted texts from “Rand” where he made a typo and wrote Fofty instead of Fifty. It’s really all funnier than I am making it out to be, lol. LaLa’s thread has the goods. 

Haha.  The D List producer with the F List Fiance is having a fight with an A List Rapper??  Too much.  

If MyMan isn't careful, he's going to find himself in PK territory pretty soon.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I think inside her hollow brain is one of those creepy wind-up monkey toys banging cymbals together.  And that's why she talks in that loud flat voice, because she can't hear what she sounds like over the sound of the monkey.

I think about 80-90% of what we see on candid reality TV is fake.  However, I am 100% sure Raquel is, shall we say, the dimmest bulb on the Christmas tree. 

I have been to the venue the party was at, it is really quite lovely (full bar or not) the show didn't do it justice.

Scheana and Adam, wow.  If anyone questioned what her value is to the show this episode showed it.   The adopted penguin (?!?) was just the icing on the cake of one of the most absurd arguments between a (non) couple I have ever seen.  Kudos. 

I wish Sandoval would stop jumping to James' rescue.  Yes, some of the cast are assholes to him, but he is an asshole to them too so it is a bit of a wash. The difference is that James seems to still want to hang out with the rest of the cast (to perhaps stay on the show?) and they want nothing to do with him.  If you really want to hang out with people, calling them names and crying when they don't do what you want may not be the best way to go...

The reunion looks awful (in a good way), looking forward to it. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I guess I was trying to give Adam a scintilla of credit for being upfront about the fact that he was being an asshole, and had an asshole double standard for his behavior vs Scheana's, but the whole situation was completely immature and I think I even saw it written on a billboard "someone's gonna get hurt!"  Turns out they both got hurt (unless Adam's just acting, which is a distinct possibility).

They are both knuckleheads of the highest order.  At the end of the day, Adam wasn't even mad about the social media, but about the fact that Scheana fucked the other guy.  And I think Scheana was going to fuck the other guy, regardless of what Adam did or didn't shout from the rooftops, because she's selfish and she had a plan.

I don't really believe in friends with benefits.  There is always someone who cares more.

From what I recall, they were originally friends and she was constantly trying to make something happen between them and he wasn't super interested. (like "I'm going to take a shower now - do you want to watch?"  "No thanks" kind of stuff). So he finally took what she was offering and she thought it meant way more than it did.  She's an idiot and he's kind of a dick and I agree with you about friends with benefits.

1 hour ago, Stiggs said:

Being a hillbilly myself (go Mountaineers!), hearing James belittle hillbillies didn’t make me laugh at all. The hillbillies I grew up with would never say the horrible shit James says to people - I know people living in single-wides who have 1000x more class than that wannabe. I recognized the hillbilly rage on Brittany’s face, lol. We’re nice until we’re not. I am not Brittany’s biggest fan, but I am right there with her on this, heh. So confused by LVP’s outfit, but that beer bong was awesome. Mic drop, indeed! 

Hey I'm on board with that - the best years of my life were spent living in redneck country 😄 I guess I just don't like Brittany very much and everyone acts like she's so great, so I am getting a kick out of someone making fun of her for a change.  (Unpopular opinion coming:  while James is a dick, I kind of like him as a reality tv character.  Definitely like him more than LVP as a reality tv character.)

• Love 6
(edited)

I have no issues with a couple handling their own engagement party or whatever. I probably would--if I were the type to need various smaller parties leading up to the one big one (which I'd also pay for myself); it's not my parents' job to pay for that kind of thing (not that they could afford it anyway). That said, I'd also wear black to my wedding (simply because I am a spiller and also look better in it) and only serve nonstop appetizer foods (or maybe [GASP!] a buffet) all night long, haha! I hate sit-down wedding dinner food!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It only has a beer and wine license. I don’t understand how that doesn’t make it a proper venue. They liked the space and went with it. If someone can’t handle attending a party that doesn’t have hard alcohol that’s on them. 

I see what you're saying.  

I guess it might be my specific background talking (and maybe a bit of low self-esteem mixed with anxiety), but I feel that if people are spending significant amounts of money and time on me, getting me gifts, traveling far and wide, the least I can do is offer them a stiff drink, a good meal and a good time.

I think weddings are utterly fascinating and I really don't think there's enough literature out there about them.  There are books about weddings, but there aren't books (that I've found, and I've looked) that address the psychological aspect of a wedding.  It's a very bizarre affair, IMO.  You're bringing people together to celebrate the biggest, best event of your life, yet a good half of those people are virtual or complete strangers (I'm talking about plus-ones and those "cousins" that no one has seen in 30 years) and many of them are complete strangers to each other. To add to that, couples are often split up because one or both of them has bridal or groom duties, and I think it's a really confusing and unique situation where you can lose yourself trying to bend over backward trying to please everyone even when it's supposed to be "your day."  I think a little or a lot of alcohol can go a long way in easing those tensions.

For my wedding, there were certain things that I was just going to have exactly how I wanted and I actually got a perverse thrill out of the idea that it might have been pushing the envelope (I'm talking 31" extensions, glammed out makeup, a strapless dress that wasn't totally demure, and, ahem, some edgy dance music.  Cause, damn--when else am I going to be able to do all that?).  With everything else I was obsessed with the guests' experience, and how everything would look to the guests' eyes to the point that I missed out on some joy.  So that's why I concede that I might not be in the right here.  It's just my opinion.  

I could see if Brittney and Jax were Muslim or Southern Baptists or just complete teetotalers and everyone knew, and knew what to expect.  But, know thy audience.  Look at that bus the guests rode in on!  That bus screams "tequila" to me, NOT wine lol.  Even then, I think that Brittney and Jax maybe could have written on the invitations that, while they are not serving liquor, people should feel free to bring their own.  I could totally see Flat Iron rocking that.  I don't know if the license would have allowed it though.  I know some restaurants that aren't allowed to sell wine will let you bring your own and serve it to you...

I didn't have a sip of alcohol at my wedding (I wasn't completely sober, but that's between me and my diary lol), because I wanted to be in total control.  But that was my choice.  I would rather have an ugly venue with an open bar than a nice venue with just beer and wine.  There's just something that strikes me as chintzy about not having an open bar where people can take shots of Patron or pop bottles of Dom like they just don't care (again, that's why I say this all may be specific to my background), and also vaguely puritanical.  I feel like, with beer and wine, there is that little whisper there that says, "you may drink.  But not too much."  And I think that affects the mood at least a little.  I have been to a wedding that served mimosas, and it felt very different than the other weddings I have been to that have had open bars.  I just want people--some of whom are coming out of obligation and don't give a shit about me--to be happy and satisfied.  Especially if they spent money on a gift, hair, etc.  I understand that my attitude may be misplaced.  

And, I am also a hypocrite, because Jax's engagement party was not exactly a wedding.  It was big enough that the way I feel about an open bar extends to it, but, thinking back, the events for my wedding that I didn't throw--my bridal shower and my rehearsal dinner--only served rum punch and beer and wine respectively (but the rehearsal was at a bar, so if you wanted a drink, you could buy one).  So...maybe I could cut them some slack.  I just remember there were at least two complaints that made it to air about the warm liquor and the wine, and I had secondhand embarrassment.

Maybe they shouldn't have served any alcohol at all.  Que that country music song: "You find out who your friends are." 🙂

(Sorry for the novel.  I guess I didn't feel like I could characterize why I reacted so strongly in fewer words.  I could probably edit better, but I have to go watch Real Houswives of Beverly Hills now).

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, princelina said:

Hey I'm on board with that - the best years of my life were spent living in redneck country 😄 I guess I just don't like Brittany very much and everyone acts like she's so great, so I am getting a kick out of someone making fun of her for a change.  (Unpopular opinion coming:  while James is a dick, I kind of like him as a reality tv character.  Definitely like him more than LVP as a reality tv character.)

Heh, I used to root for James and lord knows I feel sorry for him having the parents he does, but he lost me this season in his talking heads. And honestly, if almost any other member of the cast would have clowned on hillbillies it wouldn’t have bothered me much - but my inner coal miner’s daughter was like, No way, British dude! Heh. Would have had the same reaction to LVP doing the same thing. 🙂 I run hot and cold with her. Ariana had a valid point and LVP pulls out her “joke” BS. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Regalbegal said:

I wish Sandoval would stop jumping to James' rescue.  Yes, some of the cast are assholes to him, but he is an asshole to them too so it is a bit of a wash.

It makes no sense that he does that.  I used to think Sandoval is the most willing to take direction from producers to try to restore the fringe cast to the group when things go to far when it comes to James.  Now I'm starting to think that he hates most of his friend group and he defends James just to get an opportunity to call out Kristen, Katie, and Jax on their past transgressions and double standards.

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

And did Scheana really think sleeping with that model was going to make Adam fall in love with her...

I think she really did.  Her fight with Adam at the engagement party was strange.  It seemed like Adam had basically told Scheana that he didn't want to be exclusive but he also really didn't want confirmation that she slept with another guy, so lay off the social media.

Schaena seemed convinced that if she slept with another guy and Adam found out and acted out, then it was a declaration of love.  So Schaena did everything necessary to shove it in his face.  Then when he was declaring 'no' he didn't love her, Schaena was acting like he had admitted that he loved her and they just had to resolve the fight and decide to become exclusive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

but I feel that if people are spending significant amounts of money and time on me, getting me gifts, traveling far and wide, the least I can do is offer them a stiff drink, a good meal and a good time.

The venue is a highly rated wedding and event space so clearly not everyone agrees that a full bar is necessary. I don’t remember the guests making a big deal out of it except Jax. Peter said something “uh..” but that was because he was only offered champagne so it didn’t seem the expected more. Schwartz brought a backpack so maybe people did bring their own though I would find anything more than a flask tacky.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Even then, I think that Brittney and Jax maybe could have written on the invitations that, while they are not serving liquor, people should feel free to bring their own.

That's super tacky.

• Love 8
On 4/29/2019 at 6:24 PM, Wicked said:

Stassi's righteous indignation about Adam not going down on Scheana is hysterial

Honestly, I had the same reaction. If a guy won't do that for me, we wouldn't last. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 4

Jax always seems to be flying high lol. He has all the obvious tells of a cokehead. 

James is a dick but he has entertaining moments. His gf Raquel tho is not fun to watch.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

That's super tacky.

I don't think it's at all tacky to have it printed or engraved on an invitation something like "Please note:  a variety of beer and wine choices will be available.  Guests may bring additional alcoholic beverages for their own consumption."  I would really appreciate something like that.  It would make me feel comfortable arriving with a bottle of Ketel One if that's what I wanted.  Tacky is what makes people feel uncomfortable.  I think this does just the opposite.  "Super tacky" is asking guests to provide all their own booze and also expecting a gift. 

To each his own though.  If people are happy with beer and wine bars, so be it.  I just don't happen to know any of those people.  It doesn't affect me at the end of the day.  I had the open bar that I wanted.  Jax and Brittney had the mashed potato bar with beer and wine, and I'm sure that down the line someone will have a smoothie bar with hemp milk and kale and shit.  Everyone has their preferences.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I must need an online class on what is and isn't tacky in these situations (I was raised by musicians and bikers, haha--what do I know?). Do what you want, serve what you can afford--I don't give a shit and I'll always thank you for inviting me. Just please advise me of the food and alcohol situation before I get there, thank you!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 14

I am in complete agreement that wherever these idiots congregate, there should be hard liquor served.  I know I feel the need to do shots while watching them.

I can't imagine spending thousands on a wedding unless someone involved is very wealthy.    Also,  I still have faith that Jax will do a very Jax thing and not show up on his wedding day.

I don't know wedding etiquette that well, but I thought wearing white was a virginal thing.  If that's true, no one in this cast should be wearing white except maybe Tom Schwarz...lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

It makes no sense that he does that.  I used to think Sandoval is the most willing to take direction from producers to try to restore the fringe cast to the group when things go to far when it comes to James.  Now I'm starting to think that he hates most of his friend group and he defends James just to get an opportunity to call out Kristen, Katie, and Jax on their past transgressions and double standards.

I still think it's the former. Sandoval is doing what has always been done. On any given season, there's an asshole that pisses off the majority of the group and gets iced out from certain events, but then you have the one 'friend' that doesn't hate that asshole and they end up being the middle man that opens the door for the asshole to film scenes with all the people that hate them. Jax has been the asshole for several seasons. Stassi has been the asshole for at least a couple of seasons. Scheana has been the 'asshole' but I put that in quotations because usually she's iced out because the others are acting like mean girls. Kristen has been the asshole. And they have all latched on to that one or two friends that were willing to film with them and get them into group events. It seems like it's the rest of the cast flipping the script on Sandoval and deciding to pull strings behind the scenes to get what they want and Sandoval doesn't understand why any of it is a big deal.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Stiggs said:

Being a hillbilly myself (go Mountaineers!), hearing James belittle hillbillies didn’t make me laugh at all. The hillbillies I grew up with would never say the horrible shit James says to people - I know people living in single-wides who have 1000x more class than that wannabe. I recognized the hillbilly rage on Brittany’s face, lol. We’re nice until we’re not. I am not Brittany’s biggest fan, but I am right there with her on this, heh. 

Omg, Scheana is just hopeless. And she does not look 26. If you told me she was 38 I’d believe it. 

So confused by LVP’s outfit, but that beer bong was awesome. Mic drop, indeed! 

WVU!!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Stiggs said:

We might be cousins, lol. Go Mounties! 

I am from Virginia but my parents are West Virginians and I am currently building a house in Harpers Ferry on the Shenandoah River.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don't think it's at all tacky to have it printed or engraved on an invitation something like "Please note:  a variety of beer and wine choices will be available.  Guests may bring additional alcoholic beverages for their own consumption."  I would really appreciate something like that.  It would make me feel comfortable arriving with a bottle of Ketel One if that's what I wanted.  Tacky is what makes people feel uncomfortable.  I think this does just the opposite.  "Super tacky" is asking guests to provide all their own booze and also expecting a gift. 

To each his own though.  If people are happy with beer and wine bars, so be it.  I just don't happen to know any of those people.  It doesn't affect me at the end of the day.  I had the open bar that I wanted.  Jax and Brittney had the mashed potato bar with beer and wine, and I'm sure that down the line someone will have a smoothie bar with hemp milk and kale and shit.  Everyone has their preferences.

So not providing hard liquor is bullshit, but not providing it and then putting the onus on your guests to bring it is okay?  Why not also have them bring their own mashed potato toppings?  It wasn't a potluck, it was an engagement party.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

^^^^^

Yup, pretty much sums up my attitude.  For me, not providing hard liquor is bullshit.  As I outlined in an above post, a good compromise can be made if the venue only supports beer and and wine, but guests are free to bring their own liquor.  I'm not sure where the 'onus' comes from.  To each his onus, I guess.

And I don't care if peeps want to bring their own mashed taters.  Whatever makes them happy.  It's really not that serious to me.  

• Love 5
17 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

That said, I'd also wear black to my wedding

All my life I'd been told that black was inappropriate to wear to a wedding.  When I went to one in the 80's and it was the color the ATTENDANTS were wearing, I was like...."uh, wut"?

• Love 1