Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: Rules of Engagement

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I’m convinced there’s nothing inside rachel’s head but rocks

vacant....when i see her i see vacant....does she ever smile.  her eyes remind me of ramona.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

vacant....when i see her i see vacant....does she ever smile.  her eyes remind me of ramona.

I wish Tyra Banks would show up and just scream “SMIZE” at her!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The best part of the Scheana/Adam bit (was there a good part?) was her tearfully explaining that she didn't tell him about the penguin adoption after he begged to leave and she held onto him to stop because: "it wasn't the right time". 

I thought the best part was the ONE tear track running down her face spackle make-up, leaving a trail of a completely different color - I guess it was Schaena's actual true skin tone (btw - she has horrible skin-it was obvious when she was getting ready for the party with Kristen and Lala).

Also, did she lose her eyelashes or pull them off?  Her eyes were completely devoid of eyelashes when she was talking about the penguin adoption.

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

Aw Tom, Tom and Jax promise to always be friends. Maybe they can meet on top of the Empire State Building in 10 yrs. 

2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought the best part was the ONE tear track running down her face spackle make-up, leaving a trail of a completely different color than what Schaena's skintone is.  

Also, did she lose her eyelashes or pull them off?  Her eyes were completely devoid of eyelashes when she was talking about the penguin adoption.

Maybe she cried them off?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Also, did she lose her eyelashes or pull them off?  Her eyes were completely devoid of eyelashes when she was talking about the penguin adoption

I wonder if, over time, the glue used to apply fake lashes can pull their natural lashes out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Aw Tom, Tom and Jax promise to always be friends. Maybe they can meet on top of the Empire State Building in 10 yrs. 

If that's the case, she wasn't crying about losing Adam - she was crying for herself.  Scheana is such a desperate individual, to me, she is more upset about losing another "relationship" (even though she insists that she and Adam were not in a relationship), than she was about losing Adam, the person.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 14

Note to LVP:   When you get to a certain age and it varies from woman to woman, a little bit of a sleeve is your friend.  The upper arms are getting a little crinkly.  And I know you're the queen bee of the show but  white?  Aren't you the queen of pink?  Was that a reminder to Brit?  Was that a reminder you don't outshine the queen?

And, the 'it was a joke' is getting old.  Too many 'jokes' at other people's expense.

I hope the penguin will be ok.  Custody should go to Brit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I'm convinced that the Scheana and Adam confrontation scene was fake, but god bless her for trying to liven things up. The detail of the penguin adoption, with the printout about it appearing at the engagement party, was gold (good as gold even)!

I winced when I saw LVP show up in white. I'd avoid wearing a solid white dress to any sort of wedding-related event unless I were the bride. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, nytonc said:

That's impressive but I was more impressed by Raquel's ability to knock her earring out of her ear and into her lap by just wafting her hand near it but not actually touching it. Magic! Who knew Raquel had a talent beyond breathing and blinking? I think it's amazing she can do both of those at the same time! (I'm assuming she can, anyway.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Brittany’s mother has had a lot of work done on her face, but she was totally ignored on camera this season.  Wonder why?

6 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i noticed she changed her lipstick and her makeup has definitely lightened up!  maybe she read this forum.

I thought maybe they’re not showing her as much because she does look better? There’s less to snark on without her frosted lipstick (until she opens her mouth, of course).

I loved Raquel’s little speech at dinner about women in the workplace. You know that was from a previous pageant practice question. 🤦‍♀️

Cecily Strong said on WWHL that she wants (symbolic) custody of the penguin!

ETA: Someone on Reddit said Scheana divulged during the aftershow that she paid $1,000 to “adopt” the penguin. 

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 4

I think there was sufficient food.  As far as the beverages goes, maybe the venue doesn't have a full liquor license.  I don't know how it works in CA, but I know in other States it varies.  You can have beer and wine but not hard liquor.  I could be wrong in this instance.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Am I wrong (I frequently am but whatevs) or was that the first episode all season that we haven't been told that Lala's dad died and that's the reason she's such a raging bitch? This whole episode is probably the sweetest we've seen Lala act. Of course, I think it's also the least we've seen of her all season. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3

You guyssss? Is Mercury in retrograde? Because Adam won’t talk to me? All I did was date some MODEL and totally get handsy with him and, like, Snap every minute of it! 

4 hours ago, bosawks said:

Didn’t Blair wear Raquel’s reunion dress to prom on The Facts of Life?

You take the good, you take the bad I guess....

Honest to Fofty, I just made a FOL reference in the Lala thread. Must be in the air!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

I thought Lisa's dress was cream, not white. And as far as I'm concerned, the queen can wear any damn thing she likes. :) 

Brit looked very pretty at the party but her wedding-obsessed behavior is annoying. Jax is extremely lucky to have such a loyal sister. 

Stassi and Beau. Sigh. They really are just the sweetest. She is glowing.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She could care less. She's too busy giving BJ's for PJ's and having all out war on Instagram with Fifty cent. 

To be fair people on Bravo shows make huge deals out of shit they don’t care about. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This entire thread is filling me with joy-Friends & Facts of Life references? A complete breakdown of the Scheana scene? Monkeys playing cymbals in Raquel’s head? Well done!

i think Scheana & Adam are so fake but it makes me appreciate her for committing to this show so much that she will humiliate herself. If it was real-who wants Adam? He won’t commit to you, but he has a hissy fit when you go out with someone else? And then to find out he doesn’t go down on her?? To paraphrase Roz on Frasier: if the sex wasn’t that good & the jewelry wasn’t that good, what have you lost here?

Stassi looked so pretty & sweet at the party & I think it is because she’s so happy. I say this all the time but I could watch a travel spinoff of her & Beau. 

Wonder if Raquel will dump James now that she has a job at Sur. Can you imagine her as your server? I can see her coming back 4 times: “so you wanted a...what?” A sprite Raquel!!

Edited by jmcd44
In & on are different words.
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8

The moment with Lisa, Beau & Stassi was incredibly sweet.  

Scheana makes me cringe like no other.  Has she no shame?  That said, completely within her rights to "date" another guy.  Adam needed to shit or get off the pot.  She owed him nothing. 

• Love 19
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm a little disappointed that Ariana didn't go harder for LVP.  'Cause I am SO. DAMN. SICK of that woman playing everything off as "humor". She constantly dismisses your feelings. You have no point. "It's a joke."

Well Ariana is very serious about (stand-up) comedy so she knows a joke.

BTW, I will forgive LVP everything for that last scene. I loved watching her do the beer bong, drop the mic (figuratively), dry heave and burp on mic (literally). Many LOLs at my house for that and the Toms' reactions.  

• Love 21

So many thoughts on this one.

Listening to the Ballad of Scheana and Adam, I feel sorry for... no one*. Scheana should know better. Adam is being a baby. Both want to have their cake and eat it too, in their own way. 

* Except poor Spot the Penguin. 

Schwartz spinning as he danced (like an eighth grader at a school dance) to watch the fight was hilarious. Katie: “They should knock it off and be like us.” Schwartz: “Uhp....*cringe*” LOL

James (or should I say “Jjjjames? He doesn’t even! work. Here.”)... First off, how often does he see that counselor if he’s bringing stuff up from weeks ago? Not being funny—but I would have thought that, given the serious issues he claims to be dealing with, he would be going more frequently. But this is James, and the Kennedy Redemption Tour is on par with the Pretty Mess tour in its scope and seriousness. So if a scene at the therapist’s office didn’t fit into the story until now, why bother going until the camera’s there to document his penance? Secondly, going to SUR for dinner as if there’s nowhere else to go in LA... so transparent yet so confounding at the same time. That, and somehow the two of them discussing going to “the wedding” as if it’s a club and not the wedding of two people James actively dislikes/insults... again, clearly for TV time and not out of any desire to celebrate the couple. Raquel, if you and James are “perfect for one another,” I am really curious about what you think is a BAD match.

It must have chapped his hide that Logan was at the party.

I want to make a Grimm’s Fairytale joke about Brittany’s “fairytale wedding,” but I’ll hold off.

PS I wanted more of the potato bar.

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

There were multiple instances of "and I's" last night! You know, I can accept the occasional errant use of "I" when "me" is the correct option--it's a common mistake and shit happens; people who know better do it sometimes (like when you switch gears in a sentence that you already started a different way, for instance). But when that fucking apostrophe s is added to I? Hell no.

This drives me insane. I can't believe how many people say "I's" on every show I watch. 

And Adam can go F right off...you can't tell a girl that you don't want to be her boyfriend, but then have a say in who she dates, and what she does on those dates. Who the hell does he think he is? 

• Love 18

I thought Ariana was out of line for addressing LVP about the vacation comment. It wasn't her place to speak and she wasn't asked to. She didn't do it to defend her boyfriend, she did it to quench her own need to confront LVP because of her own 'values'. I thought the scene of her speaking with Sandoval, he was low key trying to get her to not speak to LVP about it (and truthfully, that should have been either Tom addressing it) but she brushed him off quickly because she was set on doing what she wanted. She make it seem like it was about defending her boyfriend but last episode she made it about herself - she said something to the effect that LVP made them sound like idiots and it made her look like an idiot by extension because she was dating Sandoval. So I'm not buying her supposed altruism.

Scheana is such a mess...a hilarious mess. Her level of cringe is so high that it breaks the metre, lol. Some helpful love advice - don't try to manipulate people into loving and/or committing to you because when it blows up in your face, you only have yourself to blame.

As horrible as James can be, it says a lot that I have to ask this question - what does he see in Racquel? She seems to be an emotional zombie when they're together.

Maybe Stassi's mean girl antics were something developed from seeing her mother's behaviour.

• Love 17

I just do not get the Raquel hate. So who gives a rats ass that she's not the smartest girl that ever graced this show full of alcoholics and back stabbers? She's a much nicer person than all of the other bitches on this show. That should count for something.  

• Love 9
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Jax and Brittany don't even really need a wedding. That party basically was a wedding. I do find it interesting that Britt is more excited to be a BRIDE than a WIFE. 

Brittany is very savvy for throwing an engagement party. The whole season was dedicated to it and there will now be another season dedicated to her wedding. She's really milking it for all it is worth. Definitely agree with you on point #2, Katie was the exact same way. These women want to GET married but they don't want to BE married.

I kind of would like to see Jax cheat on Brittany before the wedding. I'd like to see if she would be deluded enough to go through with it, like Luann or if that would be enough to make her cut bait and run.

13 hours ago, Thumper said:

I'm embarrassed for Scheana.  I'm still not clear what her and Adam's relationship was all about -- but why have sex with another guy (first date)?

He made her dinner and went down on her for 30 minutes!!! What's a girl to do?

Also, where does Sheana find these guys? Didn't Rob not kiss her and Adam didn't go down on her? Why keep sleeping with them? That's like taking a bath with no water.

And if you have to ask someone if they love you, the answer is definitely NO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Scheana is literally a stage 5 clinger. 

Truth.  Girl, how old are you?  I know you think you look 25 but come on.  You don't tell Adam you slept with someone else to push him into feelings for you.  Girl!  You admit what you did and point out that he had said he didn't want a monogamous relationship.  

This is also a case in point as to why you generally should not get involved with anyone at work.  Although if there was no professional incest going on this show, there wouldn't be a show.

While I still think $14k+ for an engagement party is ridiculous, the party itself looked nice (outside of the fighting and beer chugging.)  I'm somewhat disappointed that we didn't see the mashed potato bar that was costing more than $200.    I thought Stassi looked really pretty and I loved her dress.  

Sad that James and Raquel are so desperate to be invited to the wedding.  I hope James listens to his therapist.  She's got his number and her advice seems sound. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, SallySarue said:

And Adam can go F right off...you can't tell a girl that you don't want to be her boyfriend, but then have a say in who she dates, and what she does on those dates. Who the hell does he think he is? 

Pretending to be heterosexual?

Sorry, not to say that Scheana doesn’t have the strange superpower of turning off most hetero men with prolonged exposure, but I get a totally stuck-in-the-closet vibe from Adam. Not to mention I’ve known two guys in my life who refused to go down on women, and they later turned out to be very much in sexual denial of their homosexuality within. 

Either way, I still felt kinda bad for Scheana, despite that messy self-absorbed shit-fit she threw at the party(like girl...when friggin’ Jax is telling you to get your shit together, you’ve got issues). That was neither the time nor place for them to hash all that out, but obviously it was good TV/more screentime for them so whatever. But here she’d thought she’d played it so coy and so cool in all that time, only for her sad little plan to blow up right in her face. And then clinging to him, grabbing him and repeatedly asking him if he loved her?! CRINGEY AF...she has all the sexual maturity of a sorority girl, seriously...

On the flipside though, Adam is such a dick. Scheana may be too clingy and vapid for a healthy relationship, but that’s no excuse to lay sole claim on her pussy while refusing to service it properly and commit to her. What a weirdo. 

Despite that sweet moment with Lisa/Ken chatting honestly with Stassi/Beau, I admittedly didn’t care for Stassi’s dress at the party—-way too blousy and overwhelming on her and I didn’t like that heavy little dark purse matched with such an otherwise light floral dress. I liked Arianna’s dress the best: just beautiful, really nice color and design and just so Euro-chic; I could see Natalie Portman rocking that same frock.

Looked like a surprisingly elegant and fun soirée overall though, gross beer bongs notwithstanding. Brittany was just glowing with happiness and love; really hope she and Jax do indeed make it. And thank god there was no stupid cake-smashing!!!

Katie commenting on Adam and Scheana’s fight and that those two should “be like them;” ummmm, THAT’S rich. 

How pathetic was that dinner with Raquel and James? That had to hurt...knowing the whole cast is having a blast at the party of the season and you’re stuck enjoying an awkwardly forced date night otherwise. Looks like James did absolutely nothing to redeem himself at the reunion, although I did admittedly snort at him calling Brittany a hillbilly, even if it was cruel.

Oh LaLa...just because you got a headpiece at Gucci doesn’t mean it looks good...even Gucci makes mistakes!(thank you for this infinite designer wisdom, Countess Lu)

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I liked Arianna’s dress the best: just beautiful, really nice color and design and just so Euro-chic; I could see Natalie Portman rocking that same frock.

I thought it was pretty; My one complaint about it was the illusion neckline. Those never work on TV. They point out the very thing you’re trying to make into an “illusion.”

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Callaphera said:

The best part of the Scheana/Adam bit (was there a good part?) was her tearfully explaining that she didn't tell him about the penguin adoption after he begged to leave and she held onto him to stop because: "it wasn't the right time". 

Yea, maybe she should wait until the actual wedding. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

You know, as awful as Scheana is and I think she'd be a pretty terrible friend IRL, I was thankful for her last night.  Because this may be petty of me, but I'm not watching this show to see mature people lead calm, happy lives.  That is great for people generally, but not really great for my entertainment.  Beau and Stassi may be a wonderful couple, but that doesn't mean I am entertained by them being lovey dovey every episode.  I need the cringe, the fighting, the drama.  If it's just them complimenting one another, it doesn't really do it for me.

Also, are Kristen and Carter over?  I didn't see him last night and I think he has been absent from her Instagram?

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 6

I thought it was a good finale.  Not epic.  I liked the way the whole epi revolved around the engagement party, and no one was running around tying up other storylines for the most part.  

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

I think that was about the prettiest I've ever seen Stassi look.  Her affect was also sweet.  She seemed like a completely different person from her THs.  I wish she would incorporate more of the sweetness into her personality.  The torture methods are falling flat, and I'm not into her shtick.  I wouldn't listen to her podcast if you paid me.  

Katie, you know your breasts are not properly secured when the editors have to pixelate your nipple and aureola from the back/side.  Cute dress though.

Ariana's dress was perhaps the ugliest skating costume I have ever laid eyes upon.  If Ariana was going to go to bat--and it's not clear to me whether she should've--it should have been for Flat Iron only.  Schwartz eats up that whole push-pull "Lisa, please tease me to the point of humiliation.  It gives me pleasure."  So why bring his name into it?

I am totally convinced that Schwartz was urging Adam to figuratively put a ring on it with Scheana so that Adam could be roughly as miserable as the rest of them.

I am calling bollocks on a beer and wine only bar.  That's bullshit.  I'm not sorry.  If the place doesn't have a liquor license, as someone suggested upthread, then it's not the proper venue. Jax was just too cheap to spring for it.  Dude, lose the mashed potato bar and get people what they want. 

Brittney is really getting on my nerves, and I've liked her.  This engagement party was a full-on wedding, as someone stated upthread.  By the time the wedding rolls around, everyone is going to be sick of them and their extra-special nuptuals.  I also saw someone billed as Brittney's "college friend."  Did Brittney graduate from college?!?  I could not see that woman writing a paper sufficient to pass English 101.  Inquiring minds want to know.

I also thought, given that huge party bus of people--and the amount of people at that party being much closer to 50 than 20--that perhaps Billie should have been extended an invitation.  I also really didn't like Brittney going up to Lala and ostensibly saying, "I feel like a piece of shit for not asking you to be a bridesmaid.  Can you make me feel better?"  Like, first of all, I would be honored and privileged NOT to be in someone's wedding, and I have no earthly idea why all these women want this so much, but secondly, if you made all the other opening cast member females your bridesmaids except this one person, you might approach them with...a reason.  Like, "Lala, I just want you to know I think you're a really special friend, and while I didn't put you in my wedding party, as I felt it was just getting too crowded, I am so grateful you're here for me."  Be gracious.  That whole, "aw shucks, Lala, I feel like shit about something that is totally within my control" was passive-aggressive.  Either bring it up with grace, or don't bring it up.

Finally, Scheana, Adam, two assholes.  Adam is totally trying to get on the show.  "Can I borrow you?"  Knowing how volatile she is.  At someone's engagement party?  Grow up.  Scheana is worse though, and I'll say why:  Adam put his standard out there.  He was crystal clear when he said he doesn't want to be exclusive with Scheana, but he doesn't want her going out with anyone else.  Now is that a double standard?  Hell yes!  But it was what he articulated.  Scheana went ahead and went on the date and posted it on social media (because if it's not on social media, it may as well have not happened), which was an express violation of the agreement that Scheana and Adam made last episode, so Adam ghosted her, and Scheana is upset that her plan backfired, but bitch, you have no one to blame but yourself! 

I don't give a flying fig if he doesn't go down on her.  Scheana seems like the type who will wow a guy with her blowjob skills until he is ready to come, and then she'll jump on top of him, but complain to her friends that he doesn't go downtown, because she knows they'll respond to her like she's a victim, even though she probably doesn't even give them a chance to go down on her, because she's too insecure.  I have no evidence of this.  It just strikes me that it could happen this way, and now Adam is forever branded as the guy who won't go down.  He could also just be a withholding ass.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Brooke0707 said:

Beau and Stassi may be a wonderful couple, but that doesn't mean I am entertained by them being lovey dovey every episode.  I need the cringe, the fighting, the drama.  

^^This^^!

• Love 5