Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Why does Truley always look like a homeless person?

I wouldn’t quite interpret it that way. Truely looks clean and her clothes are new/clean, but she’s into the grunge, baggy tshirts, beanie style right now. Given her age and what they were doing (sightseeing), I think it’s typical adolescent experimentation. Comparing her to Leon who would film themselves not groomed as a grown ass adult, I’ll give Truely a play. Not every teen girl is into “feminine” fashion. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

I hope their trips are more relaxed and fun without Kody and Robyn there.
Kody always believed he was the most important person and must be obeyed in everything and was generally a complete idiot to be around so not having to play lip service to him must be great.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Why does Truley always look like a homeless person?

She's channeling the 90's.  My daughter went through grunge (flannel shirt, t-shirt and jeans, with Doc Martens.)  I wasn't very happy with it, but she outgrew it, in time.

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I wouldn’t quite interpret it that way. Truely looks clean and her clothes are new/clean, but she’s into the grunge, baggy tshirts, beanie style right now. Given her age and what they were doing (sightseeing), I think it’s typical adolescent experimentation. Comparing her to Leon who would film themselves not groomed as a grown ass adult, I’ll give Truely a play. Not every teen girl is into “feminine” fashion. 

True enough!

• Like 8
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

She's channeling the 90's.  My daughter went through grunge (flannel shirt, t-shirt and jeans, with Doc Martens.)  I wasn't very happy with it, but she outgrew it, in time.

The 90s/y2k are SO BACK. I was at a wedding over 4th of July weekend and a teen girl was wearing a plaid slip dress ala Clueless. All the accessories/shoes I wore in middle school are back. Truely is wearing a subset of those styles again. I also remember liking baggy clothes at that age because you grow so damn fast in certain areas, nothing fits and it is uncomfortable. (It’s a rough age)

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

The 90s/y2k are SO BACK. I was at a wedding over 4th of July weekend and a teen girl was wearing a plaid slip dress ala Clueless. All the accessories/shoes I wore in middle school are back. Truely is wearing a subset of those styles again. I also remember liking baggy clothes at that age because you grow so damn fast in certain areas, nothing fits and is uncomfortable. (It’s a rough age)

Mom jeans.  Back with a vengeance.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I’m sure there are Europeans who dress similary. She’s a kid, she looks fine. 

I really don't see anything "sloppy" about how any of them are dressed. Truley is a kid, she's allowed to make her own choice what she is comfortable in. Her clothes are clean and look fairly new...it is her style and that is fine.

• Like 15

When traveling to another country one should at least make an effort.  Truely could still be Truely, but just level up a notch.  🙂  For example, Truely could steal that lovely pink raincoat from Aspyn and wear it.  As pretty as Aspyn is, she could wear a potato sack and get by with it.  😁

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I enlarged the photo and focused on the people in the background.  None of them look much different than the Brown’s.       Jeans, tennis shoes,  and a t-shirt or cotton shirt are my standard when I’m on vacation too.   

• Like 9
22 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Mom jeans.  Back with a vengeance.

Stop.  No. WHY??  Are we peg-rolling them too?  

I love that picture of Christine and her girls.  They all look amazing.  It's incredible what happens when you lose 180 pounds of ego and hair spritz and move on with your life.

I hope Kody fully realizes the weight of his actions on his wives and children.  He made a mockery of being the "patriarch" and punished his kids when his wives displeased His Majesty.  Now they're enjoying England as a family without him and they look pretty darn happy.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I feel bad for Savannah, too.  She seems to be the forgotten child.  Even more so than Truely. 

Quote from @Rabbit Hutchin the live thread.

Couldn’t agree more, at least from our viewer’s point of view. Truely is so clearly loved by her mother and most of her siblings. Even Janelle’s boys seemed to want to go the extra mile for her (Truely’s flower bed now comes to mind). She is always surrounded by family.

And then there’s Savanah. When you see her she is either with her mom or ‘hiding’ in the back. We occasionally see her with her siblings, but doesn’t seem particularly close to any of them, definitely not with Maddie.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Have always liked Savanah- she seems a lot like Janelle in that she so chill. I'm guessing (hoping) that she has some very close friends and goes through life happy. Glad she had time with Maddie. They have a big age and stage in life difference, but Maddie has escaped the fam drama so good for all of them.

• Like 8
16 hours ago, BAForever said:

Glad she had time with Maddie. They have a big age and stage in life difference, but Maddie has escaped the fam drama so good for all of them.

According to a podcast I just heard - who was covering the live reaction from Mykelti - 

Caleb, Mitch and Tony have stepped into a father figure roles for the younger kids  and Maddie and Caleb are the two that demonstrate what a "full functional marriage looks like" to both Ysabel and Savannah. LOL even 18 year Ysabel said "I'm most looking forward to seeing what a full functional marriage looks like" (clearly Christine has been talking!!!).

And the spoiler regarding Savannah is that Christmas 2021 -

Spoiler

Kody "forgets" to call Savannah and wish her a Merry Christmas." 

According to this podcast, Mykelti goes on to say that HER dad is very different from the father that some of the other kids have. HER dad is open and honest and humble. And she's sad that SHE has that dad - and some of the others do not.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

According to this podcast, Mykelti goes on to say that HER dad is very different from the father that some of the other kids have. HER dad is open and honest and humble. And she's sad that SHE has that dad - and some of the others do not.

I didn't realize Mykelti had a different dad than all the other kids,. All those years I thought she, too, was Kody's. ;-)

But heck, yeah, of course he is being nice to her now. She worships him and goes the extra mile to please him. After all those years as the "wild child", it must be amazing to be Maddie's successor as the favorite daughter.  

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2
47 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

She is very loyal to Robyn.   She will lose this dad the minute she disagrees with Robyn on anything.   Then she will have the same dad the others do. 

I agree with this. 

I also think Mykelti benefits from having some early childhood experiences where Kody was more involved because there were fewer children and life was simpler. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Mykelti worshiping Kody now is pitiful. He might be attentive and nice to her now, but he treated her poorly growing up. I guess it’s good they’ve resolved past problems but it’s only became he’s dumped his other kids and she was desperate for attention. Daddy issues are a mess.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Elodia said:

I didn't realize Mykelti had a different dad than all the other kids,. All those years I thought she, too, was Kody's. ;-)

But heck, yeah, of course he is being nice to her now. She worships him and goes the extra mile to please him. After all those years as the "wild child", it must be amazing to be Maddie's successor as the favorite daughter.  

I heard a saying that I think rings true here. Each child in a household has a different parent. They will experience their parents differently based on different factors, like age, birth order, gender, etc. And, of course, with such separate households as we've seen on this show, it's no wonder their experiences of Kody vary wildly.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I heard a saying that I think rings true here. Each child in a household has a different parent. They will experience their parents differently based on different factors, like age, birth order, gender, etc. And, of course, with such separate households as we've seen on this show, it's no wonder their experiences of Kody vary wildly.

I agree with this! I saw it in my own family of a single mother and two children, but I also see a different version in my husband's family. He is the oldest of 4 and each sibling has very different parents within the family.

All the differences between the OG3 and Kody through the years would be a fascinating look into family dynamics.

As for Mykelti, she has learned from her close bond with Robyn exactly how to win Kody's favor. However I suspect Kody's "favor" is nothing more than lack of disdain. Mykelti is one of the children with strong personality traits from both parents, so she must remind Kody of Christine and that is probably one of the main reasons he had such a low tolerance for Christine's kids.

• Like 14

Mykelti has still not grown up enough to realize just who Kody is and how he and Robyn manipulate people.  Perhaps she never will, but I do expect within a very few years she'll lose her golden position and see more of the Kody her siblings have experienced.  Kody can't maintain his facade very long.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Maybe I'm just a childish 50-something-year-old, but I couldn't have a great relationship with any person (especially a parent) who, by many accounts, has problematic relationships with my siblings.  Or maybe Mykelti wears blinders and refuses to see?

I wonder how some of the other kids feel about Mykelti's endorsement of Kody and Robyn.

I don't get it.

• Like 14
16 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Maybe I'm just a childish 50-something-year-old, but I couldn't have a great relationship with any person (especially a parent) who, by many accounts, has problematic relationships with my siblings.  Or maybe Mykelti wears blinders and refuses to see?

I wonder how some of the other kids feel about Mykelti's endorsement of Kody and Robyn.

I don't get it.

I’m probably not the best person to answer this question, given my sister’s disability I have a lot of “only child tendencies”, but assuming the person isn’t a violent person or anything of that nature, I could understand someone keeping a close relationship with a parent even if the parent and other siblings have a relationship breakdown. 

I mentioned this more in the Duggar forum, but I have a friend that was sexually assaulted by her father (who served prison time for assaulting an unrelated minor) and while none of the other siblings are besties with him, some do speak to him occasionally (but they do respect her desire not to be near him). 

I am of the opinion that so long as other adults respect my boundaries, I would never tell them how to love or not love someone else- that’s their decision. 

But again I come from an atypical experience. Of my living family (outside of our mutual mother), no one has seen my sibling or has taken care of her or been involved with her in anyway besides “give P my love.” And I have good relationships with many of my living cousins which I value very much and think they are great people.

I approach each relationship on an individual level. Given how big my extended family is (although it’s shrinking as people die), people get into fights and have fall outs but that doesn’t stop other family members from having a relationship.

SOOO I might not be the person to ask. But given how big the Brown Family is, I can see it working the same way. 

Paedon and Gwendolyn are estranged and it seems everyone else respects that boundary even if they love both of them. 

• Like 8
  • Love 4

If Kody is humble, I'm Cindy Crawford.

It's sad if true that Mykelti thinks she has a good relationship with Kody just because he doesn't treat her with disdain.  It's sad when things are so bad, that mediocre efforts look good.

• Like 15
12 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

It's sad if true that Mykelti thinks she has a good relationship with Kody just because he doesn't treat her with disdain.  It's sad when things are so bad, that mediocre efforts look good.

Mykelti was never one of Kody's favored kids, but he will encourage a relationship with her family as a foot in the door for screen time with the birth of the twins.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Mykelti was never one of Kody's favored kids, but he will encourage a relationship with her family as a foot in the door for screen time with the birth of the twins.

He will milk anything that will get him attention, so he'll be the "proud grandpa" on camera.  🙄

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I also think none of the kids have HIGH expectations for Kody. And expectations are everything. Reminds me of how different definitions of what it means to be “close” to their family. 

I think Mykelti likes Robyn as a person and that makes it easy to have a relationship with Kody, at least for the time being. It could also be after years of being the “problem child” it’s nice to be favored by him. People often long for things they didn’t have. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I think Mykelti is doing it in part to get back at her mom, whatever the reason.  Perhaps Christine (off camera) has still not benighted Tony "favored son inlaw" status.  I believe that Christine is still not crazy about Tony.

I don't trust Mykelti as far as I can throw her.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think Mykelti is doing it in part to get back at her mom, whatever the reason.  Perhaps Christine (off camera) has still not benighted Tony "favored son inlaw" status.  I believe that Christine is still not crazy about Tony.

It sounded to me like Robyn was a source of support during times when Mykelti and Christine weren't getting along. I never thought Christine was some awesome, flawless mother. She looks good compared to some of the other assholes, but I'm not surprised that Mykelti had to seek some support elsewhere. For one thing, there was a huge contrast between all the love and fawning that Maddie and Caleb got compared to Mykelti and Tony's relationship back when both couples were dating and first getting married. I wouldn't be surprised if Mykelti had some resentment about that. 

Were Robyn's kids at Gwen's wedding? I don't remember seeing any of them in the pictures.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Were Robyn's kids at Gwen's wedding? I don't remember seeing any of them in the pictures.

No they weren’t there.

Mykelti has lived away from “home” for years. That’s a different view entirely, imo.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
On 8/27/2023 at 1:50 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I also think none of the kids have HIGH expectations for Kody. And expectations are everything. Reminds me of how different definitions of what it means to be “close” to their family. 

I think Mykelti likes Robyn as a person and that makes it easy to have a relationship with Kody, at least for the time being. It could also be after years of being the “problem child” it’s nice to be favored by him. People often long for things they didn’t have. 

We now know that Mykelti went to live with Robyn to "help" with the kids even before Kody and Robyn were married (the first time) putting her in the 12/13 age. She always seemed like the child who acted out just to get some kind of attention and wasn't quite the older group and not quite the younger group. Most likely at a very impressionable age Robyn gave her individual attention and actually listened to her, something she still doesn't seem to get from her family.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

One of the kids - is it Paedon? - has a Patreon account where she films a reaction while watching an episode.  Someone has posted clips in the past.  Perhaps she will do one watching the Christmas gift exchange blowup and offer insight and someone here who has access will offer a description. 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

One of the kids - is it Paedon? - has a Patreon account where she films a reaction while watching an episode.  Someone has posted clips in the past.  Perhaps she will do one watching the Christmas gift exchange blowup and offer insight and someone here who has access will offer a description. 

Is it Gwen?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

I believe you’re thinking of Gwen. She did last season and has now started from the beginning of the series. No clue if she’ll do this season and then continue where she left off again. She’s on season 3 now.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
On 8/28/2023 at 4:35 PM, Roslyn said:

We now know that Mykelti went to live with Robyn to "help" with the kids even before Kody and Robyn were married (the first time) putting her in the 12/13 age. She always seemed like the child who acted out just to get some kind of attention and wasn't quite the older group and not quite the younger group. Most likely at a very impressionable age Robyn gave her individual attention and actually listened to her, something she still doesn't seem to get from her family.

Tonight, Mykelti did a live rewatch for episode 18.02. During one of the breaks, the topic of her living with Robyn came up. Mykelti said she wasn't getting along with her siblings at the time, and Robyn was willing to take her in.

11 hours ago, suzeecat said:

As other people have mentioned, you're thinking of Gwendlyn.

Paedon is Christine's only son, and the third of her six children. He is a giant compared to the rest of the Brown kids.

Gwendlyn is Christine's daughter (and child #4) who got married, back in July of this year.

• Like 6