Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Pooky said:

I didn't know where to put this but here seems like the best place 😀 I haven't been here long but just wanted to say what a great bunch of people. Everyone is friendly, nobody gets nasty with one another, views are respected if not always agreed on and it's just a nice environment to be. And you guys all crack me up too x 

Oops thought this was in small talk lol

I fill (BrownSpeak) the same way about this forum.  Great fun!

It must rilly burn Kootie's ass that Logan and Michelle are successful without being exploited on TV.  Good!  

• Love 15

My fave SW podcast, Surviving Sister Wives, is going to have a special guest interview in the next couple of weeks - they are calling it a "real tell-all."  The host, Carly, was giving hints about who the guest might be....first, she said it's one of the Brownies, then that it's one of Christine's kids - and then she said, "oops - I almost said his name."  LOLZ.

Paedon is going to give a SW snark podcast an interview.  Not gonna lie - I can't wait. :)

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

My fave SW podcast, Surviving Sister Wives, is going to have a special guest interview in the next couple of weeks - they are calling it a "real tell-all."  The host, Carly, was giving hints about who the guest might be....first, she said it's one of the Brownies, then that it's one of Christine's kids - and then she said, "oops - I almost said his name."  LOLZ.

Paedon is going to give a SW snark podcast an interview.  Not gonna lie - I can't wait. :)

So when does this delicious event happen?  I’ve heard of this podcast but never tuned in.  However, I will make the effort for this!

• Love 7

The hosts said that they are currently working on it - I will keep this thread updated as soon as I see it drop.

Honestly, the podcast is worth it just for the male host's impersonations of Robyn - I typically end up doubled over laughing every time, usually when I'm out for a walk.  It can get awkward, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

Paedon will be on Reality Life with Kate Casey (podcast) on Friday.

Ah, so he’s making the rounds.  Well, that is one way to get around Christine’s NDA!  I don’t see her trying to get him not to talk to different outlets, so let’s hope he has some hot tea to share.  I am going to catch that Surviving Sister Wives podcast too.  I’ve heard it’s hilarious and I want to hear for myself now that I have more free time.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Paedon is really pouring his heart out on TikTok about a relationship that didn't work out...people in the comments think that he should be on the next season of The Bachelor.

I guess there's always Married at First Sight... a better option than Love After Lockup.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6

He did plug his mom's cooking show on Reality Life With Kate, and also pretended to plug Plexus with Janelle but conveniently "forgot" the word "Plexus," lol.  He seems like a guy who really loves his mom and all of his siblings a lot, so good on him.  He also mentioned that he basically spent half his young life at Janelle's house so he could hang out with his brothers, since his house was full of sisters.  He considers all of the kids his full siblings.  He doesn't watch the show so he's not fully aware of what we saw go down between Kody and Gabe - he says it's too weird to watch conversations happen that were filmed over a year ago.  He also seemed to want to make it clear that Kody loves all of his kids, but he makes it a priority to spend most of his time with the younger kids as they come into the family.  He was very diplomatic on that front - although who knows, it's likely that what we see and what he experienced are two completely different things.  He did not throw his dad or Robyn under any buses and no real tea was spilled, but I enjoyed listening to him.

It makes a lot of sense that he would be doing a round of interviews to help Christine's show get some views.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

<snip>   although who knows, it's likely that what we see and what he experienced are two completely different things.  <snip>

Just wanted to take a moment to applaud the bolded since it is rarely acknowledged that the show and social media represent a small snippet of their lives

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

Waiting at the Drs office for my mom, I thought about the astrological signs in each household. So.. I looked up each one. When I came to Gabe, it lists him as an actor. Check this out.

Screenshot_20220303-142822_Google.jpg

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Added link
  • Useful 4
24 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

This has to be a mistake. It says he played baby Jandamara. Jandamara is an Australian aboriginal warrior. I guess the i-net linked it mistakenly. My apologies. I'll delete this soon!

Robyn also has acting credits on IMDb and there's no way those are true either; the timelines don't match up to what was going on in her life at the time. I wonder if these are simple mistakes or if people are editing these things in to be funny? I mean, I do love that Google lists Kody as Christine Brown's ex husband...

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Robyn also has acting credits on IMDb and there's no way those are true either; the timelines don't match up to what was going on in her life at the time. I wonder if these are simple mistakes or if people are editing these things in to be funny? I mean, I do love that Google lists Kody as Christine Brown's ex husband...

There are probably other Robyn Browns who had those acting credits on IMDB.  Kootie's Robyn wasn't a Brown at the time.  I cannot believe it has been 20 years since I watched "Just Shoot Me".

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That’s a great example of a poorly written article , oh my!

I read the headline as Kody's mother thinks he's the garbage man's child, which had me thinking ... Charles Manson worked as a garbage man?

• LOL 19
19 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Didn't Kody have a fit when one of the other daughters wore a dress that was way more modest than what Ysabel is wearing?

Oh he’s gonna die, for sure!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Paedon did an interview for the Surviving Sister Wives podcast. It’s up now. Some interesting tidbits. 

He LOVES mock tapioca pudding, btw. 
ETA - he doesn’t seem to think too highly of Robyn’s older kids. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Paedon did an interview for the Surviving Sister Wives podcast. It’s up now. Some interesting tidbits. 

He LOVES mock tapioca pudding, btw. 

I just finished listening to it.  He did have a few interesting things to say.  How old is he?  24?  25?  He sounded pretty immature.

One thing he does that drives me nuts whenever anyone does it:  refer to his parents as "Mom" and "Dad" in conversation with non-siblings, rather than saying "my mom" and "my dad."  As in:  "Mom has a new online cooking show," rather than "My mom has a new online cooking show."  I find that so weird.  

I'd rather hear from a few of the other Brown kids.  Any of the non-Robyn brown kids, really.

• Love 7

I liked both interviews I've heard Paedon do.  He does give some interesting behind the scenes tidbits.  He also states outright that he's not going to answer everything he's asked but he does it in a nice way, not all defensive and whiny like his dad.

Paedon doesn't think too highly of Meri - he said something like his feelings towards her are much deserved, but didn't elaborate.  He really didn't have to - I doubt Meri gives a crap about Paedon either.  And I did like the shade from Paedon referring to Robyn's grown kids still living at home - again, he doesn't have to spell it out, we get it. :)

He said that right before Christmas he got a negative Covid test, per his father's instructions.  Then the day before the family was due to gather, Kody called everyone and demanded that they get rapid tested again.  Paedon fully admits that he lied to Kody (and I think he implied that others did as well) and told him he got re-tested when he didn't.  He also said that Christine and all of her kids died laughing when they found out that the nanny got Covid...not mature behavior for sure but I think they were laughing more at Kody's insane rules for his family, only to have Covid brought in by a non-family member.  Paedon made it clear that he did get Covid because he basically didn't follow any rules and it sucked, but that if he were to be isolated from his friends he would've sunk into another depression and he didn't want that.  Again, not mature behavior at all, but a low-key glimpse into his mental health struggles.

I would love to hear from Logan, or Hunter, or Aspyn.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

He also said that Christine and all of her kids died laughing when they found out that the nanny got Covid...not mature behavior for sure but I think they were laughing more at Kody's insane rules for his family, only to have Covid brought in by a non-family member.  Paedon made it clear that he did get Covid because he basically didn't follow any rules and it sucked, but that if he were to be isolated from his friends he would've sunk into another depression and he didn't want that.  Again, not mature behavior at all, but a low-key glimpse into his mental health struggles.

Thanks for sharing this! Very interesting and it seems all very genuine and I’ll happily accept Paedon version to be the one that is as close to the truth as we possibly can.

I quoted this specific bit from your post as I’d like to comment on the bits in bold: While laughing may indeed be a bit childish here, I’d say it’s fully deserved as Kody’s rules are insane like you so well said. So, non-mature actions deserve non-mature reactions.

As for not mature behavior to ignore rules: There are a lot of opinions on this. While I do believe you should stick to them for obvious reasons, I have to acknowledge that there are a few situations where sticking to them may cause irreparable side-effects. I’m thinking about not postponing Ysabel’s surgery and thus ignoring a travel ban or to abandon self-isolation to protect your frail mental health as the isolation drives you even more crazy or depressed. In such situations, there isn’t a real right or wrong as you’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t. Provided of course that your actions do not endanger others of course. I have no idea what Paedon did or didn’t do, so won’t go there, it was just a general comment to highlight the often ignored side-effects of what we’re all trying to do to stay safe. I’m just glad I do not find myself in such position.

• Love 15
On 3/7/2022 at 3:30 PM, Kellyee said:

Didn't Kody have a fit when one of the other daughters wore a dress that was way more modest than what Ysabel is wearing?

Yes, back in Vegas.  Oddly enough it was also Ysabel dressed for a homecoming or a school dance. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Provided of course that your actions do not endanger others of course.

Which is the key to all we do, or at least it should be.  Others before self.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

While laughing may indeed be a bit childish here, I’d say it’s fully deserved as Kody’s rules are insane like you so well said.

I listened to the interview too. He made the remark in the context of  - I know my mom said on TV that she chuckled a little bit when she heard about the nanny - but actually we all died laughing. I enjoyed that small glimpse of behind-the-scenes, but yes certainly childish and also well-deserved.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Paedon made it clear that he did get Covid because he basically didn't follow any rules and it sucked, but that if he were to be isolated from his friends he would've sunk into another depression and he didn't want that.  Again, not mature behavior at all, but a low-key glimpse into his mental health struggles.

Someone on reddit linked a few of Paedon's tiktoks. He says that he's suffered from depression for a long time. I'm sure some of it is his position as the only boy from the least-favored wife. He says he's extremely close to his brothers, particularly Garrison and Dayton - but he was kind of stuck there in the middle of the pack and didn't have Garrison's swagger and disgust with Kody (seen as early as the commitment ceremony era), nor Hunter's wrestling prowess to attract attention. It also seems to me that while we saw the brunt of the Las Vegas move hit Hunter and Madison, we didn't really see its impact on Paedon except for that awful moment of his shock when the decision was announced. It sounds like the older ones were able to pull out of it eventually and reconnect to life while Paedon perhaps was not.  My guess is he suffered most from the family dynamic/TV exposure, of all the kids. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

What does Paedon have to gain by doing this media blitz? I think that he's making a big mistake.

Apparently he did a video where he said that he slapped Gwen when he was 16 and she was 13 and that she's afraid of him now.

Some people on reddit are calling him a domestic abuser, saying he's very dangerous, etc.

I don't know anything about this young man. He may be a good man, or he may not. I have no idea.

One thing I know is that these things that he's putting out there are going to follow him around for his entire life. If I were Christine, I would encourage him to stop talking on the internet immediately. This media blitz is not going to end well for Paedon.

Edited by Libby
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

True, we know nothing about Paedon or any of the kids that we haven't seen on tv or that they've posted themselves on social media.  My take on why he's suddenly doing interviews is to drum up interest and support for Christine's cooking show, which he's plugged in his interviews.  I get the impression that he is fiercely protective of his mom and sisters (I haven't heard the story about Gwen, to be fair), and he's doing what he can to help Christine.

I also think that Paedon, along with all of his siblings, had no say in being put on television for people's entertainment - the good, the bad and the rilly, rilly bad.  Maybe this is his way of setting the record straight as far as his mom and dad go...although I very much enjoy his not-so-subtle shading of Robyn, her kids, and Meri.  

He might be a giant jerk, who knows.  But he does seem to really love his mom and want her to be happy. 

• Love 18

I only read a few articles and browsed through his instagram.  I have not watched or listened to any podcasts so I missed that he was dissing on Meri too.  That's interesting, I'll have to look around a bit more.

• Love 1

I only read a few articles and browsed through his instagram.  I have not watched or listened to any podcasts so I missed that he was dissing on Meri too.  That's interesting, I'll have to look around a bit more.

I don't doubt that Meri can be a bitch to live with. But I have a sneaking suspicion that part of the reason she got a bad rap with the kids was that she is a disciplinarian, while Christine and Janelle are very loving but also very passive and permissive mothers. Janelle's kids seemed to walk all over her during Covid, and the way Gabe answered her sometimes made me cringe. Christine ignored Covid and used it to stick it to Kody, and brought her kids along with her. And both Christine and Janelle have pulled their daughters into their bullshit MLM schemes, instead of encouraging them to find more sustainable ways to make money.

Paedon seems a bit immature for his age, and Maddie seems prone to exaggeration like her father. So I question when Maddie calls Meri a "monster" or when Paedon acts like Meri was so horrible. Was she just trying to make rules and get the kids to behave? Or perhaps she was reacting to how rude Paedon admits he was to Robyn's kids. 

Personally, I think the best one of them all is Logan, who got away from the cameras and social media as fast as possible, got an education, and went on with his life. The others should learn from his example. 

Also, Paedon has a unique first name, so he may want to watch what he puts out on the Internet for future employers to see when they run a quick Google search before interviewing him for a job. If he really did hit Gwen, he might not want to advertise that on social media.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13

The kids' dislike for Meri might also be because they all watched Princess Snowflake get pretty much everything she wanted from Meri and Kody and were extremely jealous.  Plus if Meri is going around disciplining Christine and Janelle's kids while Mariah gets to snot around and do whatever she wants, I can see why none of the older kids seem to have a relationship with Meri.

That reminds me, I think Paedon did mention that his relationship with Mariah is very distant due to them not seeing eye to eye on several issues.  I seem to remember them disagreeing about something on social media but I don't remember what it was.  Paedon said that he wishes he were closer to Mariah, but it's just not happening right now.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Kellyee said:

So I question when Maddie calls Meri a "monster" or when Paedon acts like Meri was so horrible. Was she just trying to make rules and get the kids to behave? Or perhaps she was reacting to how rude Paedon admits he was to Robyn's kids.

I agree.  Plus she even states she had the older kids over at her place in Lehi so they could be around each other.  

I think Christine and Janelle's approach to parenting was because they had so many kids and it was probably a huge effort to care for them.  So they were just not as concerned about some behaviors.  Plus factor in your own emotions about you marriage, they had to pick their battles with the kids.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Paedon said that he wishes he were closer to Mariah, but it's just not happening right now.

I can't imagine being close to 18 siblings. I have 1 full sister, 2 stepsisters and 2 stepbrothers. There is such an age difference between me, and my stepdads  oldest daughter (3 years younger than my mom), and my dads stepson who is 9 years younger than me. They're all nice people, but even if we were raised together, there would have been gaps. 

Paedon's a few years younger than Mariah, isn't he? Political views aside, she was a teenager when they left Lehi. 18! I can't imagine! 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

That’s an interesting point, @Kellyee. Meri’s parenting style does seem more strict compared to Christine and Jenelle. 

I agree with most what is said here on J, C and M's parenting styles. However, being strict (and the disciplinarian) doesn't necessarily mean "less liked". At schools, you often find that teens prefer the stricter teachers as they bring order and because you typically learn more and better in these classes. Meri's parenting style probably brought a lot of peace and quietness in a part of that mad house and I am sure that a lot of the kids loved to escape the mayhem every now and then.

In my opinion, the dislike mostly stems from her attitude in general. Meri can be incredibly unpleasant and bitchy at times. She can also be pretty insensitive and blind to other people's needs. 

• Love 14