Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think Gabe is also the child that tested Janelle's patience to the limit.  

I recently re-watched the first Christmas in Vegas episode.  Where they go and chop down their own Christmas tree.  Gabe punched Garrison in the nose.  He tells his mom, I was only gently kicking Garrison.  OMG!!!  I just laughed at that.   

Gabe has fire in his belly but he also has the common sense to step back, assess the situation, and make his next chess move as he did when confronting the crushing disappointment of the move from LV.  He channeled his energy into completing 2 years of high school into one, unbeknownst to his inattentive father.  If he stays on track, great things can be anticipated from Gabe.

• Love 17

I remember Janelle saying that she was "afraid I'd get another Gabriel" in regards to having more kids.  I would have been hurt if my mom had said anything like that.  And, Janelle said it on TV!  ☹️

Logan and Hunter seemed to be Kootie's favorites of the boys.  Garrison, Gabe and Paedon were not.  Now it's all about Day-Un and Solomon.  

2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think Gabe is also the child that tested Janelle's patience to the limit.  

I recently re-watched the first Christmas in Vegas episode.  Where they go and chop down their own Christmas tree.  Gabe punched Garrison in the nose.  He tells his mom, I was only gently kicking Garrison.  OMG!!!  I just laughed at that.   

I think there was more to that kid than we saw on the show. He definitely seems a lot different from his brothers. Hunter and Garrison seem to be more like Janelle; they have this "whatever-attitude" and the ability to roll their eyes (so to speak) turn around and walk away.

Gabe on the other hand, can be more emotional and react much more impulsive. He doesn't always seem to think things through when he says things. In this respect, he does look like his dad. (Sorry Gabe, don't want to insult you here! But don't worry, you are very different from him in almost every other way!

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I think there was more to that kid than we saw on the show. He definitely seems a lot different from his brothers. Hunter and Garrison seem to be more like Janelle; they have this "whatever-attitude" and the ability to roll their eyes (so to speak) turn around and walk away.

Gabe on the other hand, can be more emotional and react much more impulsive. He doesn't always seem to think things through when he says things. In this respect, he does look like his dad. (Sorry Gabe, don't want to insult you here! But don't worry, you are very different from him in almost every other way!

I love getting into the dynamics of big families, because my immediate family is so small. :)

Gabe is interesting - before him, he had Logan and Hunter - apples of Kody's eyes - followed by a more mild-tempered Garrison, and then himself.  With three cherished older brothers, I can see where Gabe definitely got lost in the shuffle...and then, along comes this kid Day'un who is now his new "brother" and Dad will get mad if everyone's not super nice to poor Day'un.  To me it's no wonder Gabe punched his brothers.  Negative attention is still attention.

Add Gabe to the posse of "lost Brownies:" - along with Mykelti, Paedon, Savanah, and Truely.  Those are the kids Kody didn't have time for.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13
On 4/15/2022 at 7:36 PM, laurakaye said:

Add Gabe to the posse of "lost Brownies:" - along with Mykelti, Paedon, Savanah, and Truely.  Those are the kids Kody didn't have time for.

And Ysabel…. When it comes to cruel ‘fatherly’ neglect, both she and Truely top the list…..

• Love 12
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Robert Garrison hopefully will not become anything like his sperm donor.  

Nah… remember the disastrous bbq (when he ‘watched’ all the kids) where Kody stated that you could not go wrong with grilling a steak and promptly showed us he could? Kody is a dreadful cook.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

In the other threads there was some speculation about a rift between Paedon and Gwen. Some suggested that Paedon eschewed the gay community. I have wondered about this and the Brown's general attitude towards the gay community.

While I was really pleased that the Brown-adults accepting Mariah just like that, it did surprise me a lot as their background in a fundamentalist mormon church doesn't leave much space for any other views than the traditional male-female marriage and more specifically the male-femaleS marriage. Is it real or just faked for the show? WIth Kody I kind of expect the last but Janelle and Christine seemed very genuine. Meri too, eventually after she recovered from the first shock. The Brown children seem quite liberal and definitely do not share many of the fundamentalist mormon beliefs with their parents.   Homosexuality does not seem an issue to any of them.

So I doubt Paedon (and Hunter for that matter, as he can't stand Mariah) has anything against gay people in general. I think it's more about the not very subtle and pushy way Mariah and Gwen represent themselves that puts him off. (though Mariah seems to have quieted down a lot recently) That, and the fact that both can be incredibly rude and vicious if they feel someone doesn't share their views.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

In the other threads there was some speculation about a rift between Paedon and Gwen. Some suggested that Paedon eschewed the gay community. I have wondered about this and the Brown's general attitude towards the gay community.

Paedon has flat out said that Gwen won't have anything to do with him because she is scared of him since he "slapped" her when he was 16 and she was about 13. He tends to skew things to downplay anything bad (about himself) in these interviews he is doing, so it is very possible that his "slap" was something more to a punch. He was close to his full height at that age and he is 6 foot 6 inches (1.98 meters) and has always been (for lack of a better, kinder term) thicker and Gwen has been more slender, so not a fair fighting match.

Christine stated on camera that Gwen and Paedon are not allowed to be left alone together.

Also he has openly stated on social media over the last years his attitude about the gay community as a whole and after Gwen added "bi" to her social media he stated that there is "no such thing as bi".

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

I think Paedon has a lot of anger, even from some of the snippets we have seen on the show, didn't he get into it with a brother from another mother? Kody clearly had favorites and he was not one of them. I can understand the anger of Kody dismissing those kids for Robyns, but he needs to find peace (therapy) and not spew crap like @Roslyn posted above

• Love 13

I feel sorry for all those children. The lives they had to accept/endure even robochin's kids are getting their dose of the douche's mental poison (along with the chin's poison too). It is a miracle or testament to Janelle and  Christine that so many grew into amazing adults.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I think Paedon has a lot of anger, even from some of the snippets we have seen on the show, didn't he get into it with a brother from another mother? Kody clearly had favorites and he was not one of them. I can understand the anger of Kody dismissing those kids for Robyns, but he needs to find peace (therapy) and not spew crap like @Roslyn posted above

I do wonder how one’s ever going to recover from growing up in such a mad house being surrounded by television crews?

But without the tv crews, they’d still be in Utah firmly stuck in the clutches of the AUB. Not sure which situation is more damaging?

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I thought that was when her and Janelle were studying for their Real Estate exam at Janelle's house?  If so I think that was Gabe and Garrison fighting again.  She just told Kody he should send Paedon home.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Also he has openly stated on social media over the last years his attitude about the gay community as a whole and after Gwen added "bi" to her social media he stated that there is "no such thing as bi".

Sounds like he goes a lot further than “eschewing the gay community.” That’s homophonic, plain and simple, and I wouldn’t want to be around him either.

• Love 18

I had forgotten about the multiple issues between Gabe and Garrison. They definitely had their brotherly rivalry as (pre) teens. It's great to see how they have managed to reconnect as young adults.

I do wonder where Paedon fits in when it comes to the boys. From earlier seasons it seemed that there was a warm and accepting relationship between Janelle's boys and him. But that doesn't change the fact that he was not a full sibling but a half-sibling who didn't live with them but with another mom in another house. That's just another thing that probably added to his issues later in life. This, being ignored by his dad, being dragged across states and having to suffer all those moves in life. Not to mention the religious brainwashing he'd had to endure in at least his younger years when they were still in Utah. Not defending his actions here, but I can see how this adds up and turns someone into a complicated young man.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Sounds like he goes a lot further than “eschewing the gay community.” That’s homophonic, plain and simple, and I wouldn’t want to be around him either.

Unfortunately, there are some members of the gay community that also do not feel being bi is real. Also, some members of the gay community do not want to date bi people. So Gwen may be extra sensitive regarding her sexuality. Hopefully, Paedon can educate himself and come to an understanding and acceptance of his sister’s sexuality.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

TLDW...more of the same twaddle, I'd guess.  

I have read that the woman "is not my girlfriend," according to Paedon.

Agree, it’s long. I watched it while accomplishing and procrastinating. 🤣 There were  some interesting parts, to me.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Aspyn's take on Flagstaff was spot-on, and she was so much more mature than Christine in that scene. I really believe Flagstaff was just a plot idea for the show. That's why all the adults' reasons for the move were so bizarre and ridiculous. The real reason was a plot idea for the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Aspyn's take on Flagstaff was spot-on, and she was so much more mature than Christine in that scene. I really believe Flagstaff was just a plot idea for the show. That's why all the adults' reasons for the move were so bizarre and ridiculous. The real reason was a plot idea for the show.

If true, that's so sad! What parents would willingly mess up their children's lives and drag them away from a secure and happy life just for the sake of a tv show??

Yes, I know, the answer is probably "money".... Ironically, the kids are the ones who have to pay the price for that.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, LilyD said:

What parents would willingly mess up their children's lives and drag them away from a secure and happy life just for the sake of a tv show??

Um, let's see who would screw up their children by signing their lives away.   The Browns, Dargers, Gosselins, Derricos, Roloffs...... 

• Love 7

They're really trying their hardest to make Paedon happen.

Sorry Paedon, you're not going to be an influencer or SM famous, people are only interested in you if you have shit to say about the family. So long as it's not shit about their favourites lol.

From Christine's thread by @CherryBelly (I still haven't figured out how to quote from one thread to another, sorry)

I have wondered about Paedon's sudden interest in SM. He just doesn't seem to be the type to be a social media influencer.

I have a gut feeling he is trying to set the records straight about some of the things in SW and wants to share his side of the story. Possibly, he is even trying to get back to his dad and Robyn too. He seems fairly "subtle" as  he could have been way more blunt and straight forward about many things.

Not sure why he isn't. Is he still gagged by TLC one way or the other? I find this hard to believe. His parents have contracts with TLC so how could they enforce a NDA on all kids? Unless of course TLC simply "blackmails" them: If you spill the beans, we'll end your parents' contracts. I can see how a child would not want to cause such a thing.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I have wondered about Paedon's sudden interest in SM. He just doesn't seem to be the type to be a social media influencer.

I have a gut feeling he is trying to set the records straight about some of the things in SW and wants to share his side of the story. Possibly, he is even trying to get back to his dad and Robyn too. He seems fairly "subtle" as  he could have been way more blunt and straight forward about many things.

Not sure why he isn't. Is he still gagged by TLC one way or the other? I find this hard to believe. His parents have contracts with TLC so how could they enforce a NDA on all kids? Unless of course TLC simply "blackmails" them: If you spill the beans, we'll end your parents' contracts. I can see how a child would not want to cause such a thing.

I suspect that Paedon is "happening" now because his mother is free from Kody.  She won't cop shit from Kody when Paedon speaks out, tho its mostly very vague. He did mention getting backlash from Kody when he wore the "what does the nanny do" t-shirt.

From the way he likes to mention what "type" of female he likes, I suspect he is looking for a certain type of female attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Can someone please tell me how this family are even sealed? They have no access to a temple. They don't belong to the main stream Mormons so what temple are this family attending?

On that note, do they even have a ward they attend? Or does Kody just do sacrement at home?

Would they wear garments? Again, how would like have access to them?

Well, they were kicked out of their church after appearing on national TV remember. Then on SW, we saw the odd “expression of faith”, I wouldn’t even call it service, where Kody lead the family in prayers and Bible passages, of when they were praying in one big circle. So, whatever they did, happened from home. I haven’t seen them doing it in a long time though.

Didn’t he also marry Mykelti? I’m not sure if that requires any form of training or being ordained?

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Pooky said:

It's so interesting that Paedon was told not to discuss Meri. There must be sooo much dirt on her!! 

I was thinking maybe Christine knows that if Paedon reveals shit about Meri….. Meri might reveal shit about Christine

these people lived in each other’s pockets for the last 30? years…. I bet there’s all kinds of nasty stuff that the wives would rather keep private.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Auto correct
  • Useful 4
  • Love 14

I guess that’s the whole problem with this bunch and why no one speaks up. If one does, both Kody and Meri will crash down upon that person with all the power they have. Those two have proven to be spiteful, sorry screamers who care little for others.

Robyn will do the same from a stealth mode. She’s like my stepmom (sorry for proving that myth about wicked step mums here) Playing the victim, staying emotional and “ nice” while carefully aiming one poisonous dart after another at you.

• Love 10

I still love the episode where Paedon refused to go with the family to the polygamy protest in Utah… Kootie tried to act like it didn’t bother him but I think it did since Kootie was so impressed that Caleb came along to support the family even though he doesn’t practice polygamy.

I loved it when Paedon said “NO I don’t want to go!” and he said he was still pissed about being dragged away from his life in Utah and all his friends to go live in Las Vegas for no good reason.

• Love 12

he's scared of his Mom

Why? How? Is he physically afraid of her? Afraid that she will withdraw some sort of financial support (I wouldn't think she has any to offer)? Just afraid of losing the love of his mom?

If one does, both Kody and Meri will crash down upon that person with all the power they have.

What power is that? They don't seem to have any money, so it's not financial support. I don't see most of the kids being attached to either of them so I don't know that the threat of losing their "love" is particularly strong. I think they can both be pretty verbally abusive but it's easy enough to avoid them. I just don't see how they hold that much sway over most of the kids, especially like Paedon, who is pretty much living independently at this point.

• Love 4
(edited)

To crash down upon someone with all the power they have:

If you ever happen to have the misfortune to start a fight with a Kody or Meri-type, you’ll know what I mean. They’ll scream and rant with so much force, making hurtful remark after hurtful remark, calling names, shouting to get their point or anger across etc. You can do little in terms of defence as they keep coming at you. Their behaviour in such fights is simply scary as hell.

I have 2 like this in my family. They’re both completely unreasonable and want to win the fight/be in the right at all costs. If one of starts a fight, the impact and damage they do with the things they say is so big that it takes years for it to heal, if ever. (Yeah, I have an awesome family, that’s completely torn apart, mostly because of those 2!)

Anyway, Kody and Meri are exactly like them, including the spiteful remarks that are meant to really hurt someone. And Kody with his beady eyes glaring around like he did last season?? Yikes!

Edited by LilyD
Corrected past tense
  • Love 18