Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, LilyD said:

I agree with most what is said here on J, C and M's parenting styles. However, being strict (and the disciplinarian) doesn't necessarily mean "less liked". At schools, you often find that teens prefer the stricter teachers as they bring order and because you typically learn more and better in these classes. Meri's parenting style probably brought a lot of peace and quietness in a part of that mad house and I am sure that a lot of the kids loved to escape the mayhem every now and then.

In my opinion, the dislike mostly stems from her attitude in general. Meri can be incredibly unpleasant and bitchy at times. She can also be pretty insensitive and blind to other people's needs. 

Also, I wonder if Meri’s parenting style was different depending on which kid was the offender? If Mariah misbehaved, was she given a verbal lashing or a gentle reprimand?

Meri likes order and quiet, but she’s has the luxury of that because she only had one child, and was head wife until Robyn staged a bloodless coup.

• Love 11
Just now, Adiba said:

Also, I wonder if Meri’s parenting style was different depending on which kid was the offender? If Mariah misbehaved, was she given a verbal lashing or a gentle reprimand?

Meri likes order and quiet, but she’s has the luxury of that because she only had one child, and was head wife until Robyn staged a bloodless coup.

Edited to add: I don’t mean that order and (relative) quiet are not possible within a large family, but it takes a lot more effort (and discipline) with the eight children Meri wanted than with the one she actually had.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I would love to have seen Meri's reaction if one of the bonus moms had dared to step in to reprimand Mariah for some infraction.

• Love 13

I admit I don't remember a whole lot of the early episodes, but I did rewatch the one where they moved into the Vegas homes, and Mariah was pissy and pouty,  and Meri tiptoed around her for the most part.  From afar, I can totally see Meri being the type that thinks that other kids are brats, when they act the same way as her own precious angel. 

• Love 16
16 hours ago, eskimo said:

I admit I don't remember a whole lot of the early episodes, but I did rewatch the one where they moved into the Vegas homes, and Mariah was pissy and pouty,  and Meri tiptoed around her for the most part.  From afar, I can totally see Meri being the type that thinks that other kids are brats, when they act the same way as her own precious angel. 

I remember this bit. Part of her behavior at the time can be explained by what exactly happened when they moved into the new homes. Mariah felt out out of the loop with the others (yes, I know, part is her own doing) but Meri wanted to rent an expensive big house which was pretty far from the others. So she was isolated to begin with.

Then, everybody moved into the new houses apart from Meri and Mariah because Meri’s paperwork wasn’t in order. Meri was warned about this in the weeks leading up to Christmas but she seemed to have done little about it apart from hoping it would all be ok. She didn’t warn Mariah who heard at the latest moment possible that she wasn’t moving before Christmas after all. They were all in the houses, apart from them. It was Mariah’s biggest wish to finally move and be with the others in her new house and I can totally understand her disappointment and anger with her mom at the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/10/2022 at 6:54 AM, Kellyee said:

And both Christine and Janelle have pulled their daughters into their bullshit MLM schemes, instead of encouraging them to find more sustainable ways to make money.

It's a fine distinction, but IIRC it was Maddie who pulled in Janelle, after which Christine joined them. They all posted today or last night from a Plexus conference in Orlando where they met 90DF Molly who is also a seller. I like Molly but gah!

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, luvmylabs said:

Though I try to keep up I confess I don't know what the red pill is.  I do know about the blue pill though!

"red pill" is used to refer to a process by which a person's perspective is dramatically transformed, introducing them to a new and typically disturbing understanding of the true nature of a particular situation.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

I was just getting rid of unwanted pictures on my iphone and came across a screenshot of Dayton’s LinkedIn profile I took not too long ago.

That profile still makes me chuckle. I took the shot when we discussed some aspects before, like how he described his appearance on SW as talent, acting experience and experience with filming processes. He also described himself as personal assistant to the owner (aka mom) of MSWC. 
I don’t think we ever mentioned that he is also an experienced builder? According to his LinkedIn profile he was a construction management assistant, where he gained experience with tools, real estate, heavy lifting, manual labor and…save the best for last; lead and guided construction crews on behalf of the manager!

Someone needs to have a very serious word with this boy (I can’t bring myself to call him a man) about what a professional career and behaving like an adult means. No one is ever going to take him serious and his pumped up lies will lead him nowhere. He’s like Baron von Munchhausen with his fantastic stories of what he has done and achieved.

• Love 10

I'd wager he did not write the resume and/or LinkedIn profile, rather a career coach from either his high school, college, or service questioned him at length and wrote it on his behalf.  This practice and inflated characterization of skills and experience is quite common and seen on CVs at all professional candidate levels.  Whether it is right or wrong or you agree with it or not, it is typical.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

That’s interesting… I dare say such a CV won’t get him anywhere here in Europe though. I have to admit that I may be biased because I know who is behind it and know what he means with those claims. Yet as my sister pointed out, (she used to work as a headhunter) he has quite an extensive “work experience” for a student. She doesn’t know a thing about Sister Wives, but she said that this CV likely belonged to someone with an inflated sense of self-importance or a huge fantasy. Pros will probably see right through it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

That’s interesting… I dare say such a CV won’t get him anywhere here in Europe though. I have to admit that I may be biased because I know who is behind it and know what he means with those claims. Yet as my sister pointed out, (she used to work as a headhunter) he has quite an extensive “work experience” for a student. She doesn’t know a thing about Sister Wives, but she said that this CV likely belonged to someone with an inflated sense of self-importance or a huge fantasy. Pros will probably see right through it.

I read it more as an exercise in resume-building, kind of along the lines of what @sharkerbaby wrote.  I think it's okay to highlight the TV stuff - he did appear in interviews and he participated in making the show. It was a big part of his life and not his choice. Let's not forget too, he's on the autism spectrum, so if he did write all this he may not understand how it comes across. Furthermore, his mom or Kody could be coaching him telling him this is how to do it. Or it could be for a marketing class. Either way I don't think it's a big deal at all and I don't see it as reflecting an inflated sense of self-importance. Just my two cents. I feel bad for all the kids in that household.

ETA: I took another look at it and I would actually commend him for his ambition. It appears he's trying to build a professional resume rather than going for grift. Also, the long list of volunteer activities is touching - where he very specifically says things like "worked two days" "- but carefully not exaggerating how much time he put in. 

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 6
On 3/15/2022 at 4:05 AM, LilyD said:

I was just getting rid of unwanted pictures on my iphone and came across a screenshot of Dayton’s LinkedIn profile I took not too long ago.

That profile still makes me chuckle. I took the shot when we discussed some aspects before, like how he described his appearance on SW as talent, acting experience and experience with filming processes. He also described himself as personal assistant to the owner (aka mom) of MSWC. 
I don’t think we ever mentioned that he is also an experienced builder? According to his LinkedIn profile he was a construction management assistant, where he gained experience with tools, real estate, heavy lifting, manual labor and…save the best for last; lead and guided construction crews on behalf of the manager!

Someone needs to have a very serious word with this boy (I can’t bring myself to call him a man) about what a professional career and behaving like an adult means. No one is ever going to take him serious and his pumped up lies will lead him nowhere. He’s like Baron von Munchhausen with his fantastic stories of what he has done and achieved.

Didn't Robyn's stepdad own a construction company? Dayton may have worked summers with his GPA, or uncles while in LV. 

Robyn definitely wrote that those descriptions. Now she can add resume builder to her own self-accolades. 

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Let's not forget too, he's on the autism spectrum, so if he did write all this he may not understand how it comes across.

Agree, I'm very aware of this with an autistic mom who usually has no idea on how she comes across. But in my book... it is up to family/friends/a partner or school to guide them through such tricky pitfalls and help them try to understand (which can be really hard) That's what I do with my mom. I usually check before she fires of an email for instance, which kept her out of a lot of problems.And yes, Kody may have helped him here as it is his trademark to exaggerate everything to make it look a lot better than it actually is.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Didn't Robyn's stepdad own a construction company? Dayton may have worked summers with his GPA, or uncles while in LV. 

From his obituary:

Paul’s professional career centered around being a land surveyor.  He has worked for the Utah Highway Department and the State of Nevada City of Las Vegas as the Assistant City Surveyor.  He has also done work as a carpenter helping to rebuild many homes and businesses, building log homes, power line construction, and working with the forest service.  Paul was very smart and knowledgeable and could build just about anything when working with lumber.  He made many beautiful bookshelves, nick-nack shelves, grill tables, picnic tables, and benches for his family and friends.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

This practice and inflated characterization of skills and experience is quite common and seen on CVs at all professional candidate levels.  Whether it is right or wrong or you agree with it or not, it is typical.

Agree and the truth will quickly be ferreted out in any kind of background check or interview.  Sadly for him, he is a known entity and all of those BS "jobs" will probably be quickly dismissed as exaggerations.

• Love 11

Early this morning I watched the latest WACB and she was going over one of the recent interviews that Paedon did with the podcast, Surviving Sister Wives.  It was very eye opening and confirmed my thoughts on a few things.  Pretty much no one gets together with Kody and Robyn unless there is filming to be done.  Basically there are no relationships being maintained.  When asked about Meri, he was told not to talk about her at all.  He did say, he didn't think she would ever leave Kody.  

• Useful 10
  • Love 4

Fascinating, who told him not to talk about Meri?  Did he say?  And I wonder what the reason behind that directive was?

eta:  it makes me chuckle a little because it's a little like Bruno 🤪  (Encanto reference for those who haven't seen it)

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

Fascinating, who told him not to talk about Meri?  Did he say?  And I wonder what the reason behind that directive was?

Perhaps Christine recited that mother's adage: "If you cannot say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 3/18/2022 at 5:25 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Yes I believe he said his mom said to say nothing about Meri.

Jmo, but Meri and Christine are what is keeping SW audiences intrigued. To me, Janelle and Robyn are  boring, they almost always spout the Kody Brown Family rhetoric. Im not there for any more live births, most of the kids are gone (free). So, maybe that's one reason for the gag order on Meri. Paedon's been super careful in talking about Robyn as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

The only interesting thing about these people was their polygamous lifestyle. As that’s now gone, they’re trying the storyline of them struggling to survive as a family. None of them can truly carry a full reality show like SW on their own.They’re fair game on SM and the magazines when it comes to being exposed as frauds (them being polygamists) As soon as that happens, the show’s gone, and the money…

It’s my guess that both TLC and the looney tunes adults  have realized that the kids are closely followed by everyone on SM; their posts are being picked apart for clues and they’re asked many direct questions. It’s a matter of time before one of them messes up and accidentally officially confirms what’s really going on. They’re gagged to prevent this from happening, which is probably why they can’t even mention Robyn or Meri. Let’s be fair; that’s why I am still watching. I want to hear that they’re done as a family. The easiest and most reliable way to get the truth out, is through the kids.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Paedon has been absent on social media. I don’t do TikTok so I don’t know his status on there.

He posted to TikTok today.  He’s on a trip with Garrison and some other people (I think cousins).

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

Sheesh, that article sounds like it was written by a sixth grader.

"Many Sister Wives fans were saddened to see Kody and Christine’s daughter got struck again."

Seriously?  There is a horrific war in Ukraine, the new Covid variant is sweeping through Europe and has arrived here, climate shift is causing enormous changes in our weather and "fans are saddened" about a skinned knee?

I weep for society.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is the story of Gwen getting hit by a car on another thread?  I saw this and wasn’t sure if it’s legit.  It’s from November of last year. I didn’t recall reading about it.  

https://tvshowsace.com/2021/11/15/kody-browns-daughter-gwendlyn-struck-by-car/

Pretty sure it was posted here.  I recall wonderering what were her "docs" that got messed up ... documents?.  Another poster pointed out to me that she probably meant her Doc Martens.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Sheesh, that article sounds like it was written by a sixth grader.

"Many Sister Wives fans were saddened to see Kody and Christine’s daughter got struck again."

Seriously?  There is a horrific war in Ukraine, the new Covid variant is sweeping through Europe and has arrived here, climate shift is causing enormous changes in our weather and "fans are saddened" about a skinned knee?

I weep for society.

It's no different than people being outraged over the various things that Kody does, or being appalled by Robyn's duplicitousness, or disgusted by Janelle's cooking, her cookware, and tableware.  

I feel more heartened seeing people in society feeling empathy and concern when someone's hit by a car than when I hear of society's more aggressive emotions in response to others' actions.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

These postings bring out the COL in me.  I have idea what any of it means including the woman with her hand down her shirt.

probably reaching for her cell phone, or wallet or ciggies (I kid, but that is what Big Ang from 90DF stores her junk)

• LOL 8

I wonder is she walks around reading on her cell phone instead of paying attention to what is around her.  I have had people just walk right in front, or, even more scary, behind my car when it is moving.  They are not paying any attention to their surroundings at all.  Getting hit twice seems a bit strange.  I would think a lesson would have been learned after the first accident.

• Love 9
(edited)

I've seen an oblivious skateboarder and a cyclist ride straight into the sides of moving cars on a street where the car had the right of way.  If they had been pedestrians, it would have been jaywalking.  Perhaps Gwen never learned the math or physics necessary to calculate how far a car/skateboarder will travel at their current speed. She looks drugged out in the latest batch of photos - just what future employers will be looking for.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Truely looks so different in every picture, at first glance I thought it was someone’s grandmother on the left.

BA7906D3-5960-4976-A841-68D0DC878DE3.jpeg

Truely has always been one of my favourite Brown kids. But... she has a remarkable talent for "unfortunate pictures" to put it mildly. 

It probably says more about those who take them and share them on SM without giving it a second thought. I feel for her when she realises how many pictures are out there with awkward poses or funny faces.  I'm sure her mom or siblings see it too but they still put those pictures up on SM. This one is a perfect example.  It should never have been published to start with!

• Love 14
On 4/1/2022 at 5:11 PM, LilyD said:

Truely has always been one of my favourite Brown kids. But... she has a remarkable talent for "unfortunate pictures" to put it mildly. 

It probably says more about those who take them and share them on SM without giving it a second thought. I feel for her when she realises how many pictures are out there with awkward poses or funny faces.  I'm sure her mom or siblings see it too but they still put those pictures up on SM. This one is a perfect example.  It should never have been published to start with!

Maybe Truely knows they are being posted and doesn’t care?

• Love 5
Just now, Elizzikra said:

Maybe Truely knows they are being posted and doesn’t care?

Possibly, but she’ll only be 12 next week and those pictures will be out there for ever. I doubt she’ll be happy with them in a few years time…

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Changing the subject.  I just started watching from season one again.  All of the photos of Kody when he was a very young man.  Are the spitting image of Gabriel.  They look so much alike

That could be why Kody seems to feel such animosity toward Gabe.  He expected him to be a "chip off the old block" because of the physical resemblance but Gabe is light years ahead of Kody both intellectually and physically.

• Love 13
On 3/12/2022 at 5:38 AM, Sandy W said:

I would love to have seen Meri's reaction if one of the bonus moms had dared to step in to reprimand Mariah for some infraction.

Lmfao "Bonus" Mum... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 4/10/2022 at 5:58 PM, Sandy W said:

That could be why Kody seems to feel such animosity toward Gabe.  He expected him to be a "chip off the old block" because of the physical resemblance but Gabe is light years ahead of Kody both intellectually and physically.

None of his sons look like him when it comes to lifestyle, behaviour, conviction etc. I always felt that Kody sort of held his hopes up for Gabe to become Kody 2.0. It never happened, quite the opposite in fact. Gabe became one of the most vocal sons in expressing his disappointment in his dad and publicly defying him.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, LilyD said:

None of his sons look like him when it comes to lifestyle, behaviour, conviction etc. I always felt that Kody sort of held his hopes up for Gabe to become Kody 2.0. It never happened, quite the opposite in fact. Gabe became one of the most vocal sons in expressing his disappointment in his dad and publicly defying him.

Logan was damn good about showing his disdain for Kody too. Remember at the luau he defiantly partook of the pork, then at one of the weddings her enjoyed an adult beverage while giving a blank stare to Kody's objections. Most egregious in Kody's eyes would be the fact that he and Michelle were the first kids to live together openly without matrimony. Janelle raised some intelligent sons despite the example she presented.

• Love 15

You're absolutely right about Logan @Sandy W. He too publicly defied his dad but did this in a rather subtle way, like that look you were referring to. He also often avoided discussion by simply stating that this was how he was going to do it (period)

Gabe really vented his frustrations out loud on the show on more than one account, and he was damn right in doing so btw!

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 14
On 4/12/2022 at 3:17 PM, LilyD said:

I think Gabe is also the child that tested Janelle's patience to the limit.  

I recently re-watched the first Christmas in Vegas episode.  Where they go and chop down their own Christmas tree.  Gabe punched Garrison in the nose.  He tells his mom, I was only gently kicking Garrison.  OMG!!!  I just laughed at that.   

• Love 8