Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Tell All

• Start Topic

I'm still in the last few minutes (when everyone is back in their rightful spots, with the women sitting on the couches and the men lording over them),

but now having read about the BSODCU (that'd be the Black Screen of Conscious Uncoupling, since I suspect that, for all of her Evolved Goddess of Cultural Appropriation Woo, Ashley does most of her appropriating from Goop, so there'd be no D=Divorce), I think I just caught Ashley slip:

after the host asks "If you guys, as Sister Wives [...]have any words of encouragement, advice, you know..."

and Ashley (of course) jumps in and says, " Being someone who has..." and then seems to literally pull the word "been" back in her mouth before it fully escapes, turns backward to face Vanessa, who literally chuckles as Ashley overcorrects, emphatically, "IS in a relationship, a marriage, with someone..."

Yeah, they was DUN.

Erm, and I had actually finally been convinced that this was a real trio (still thought probably more polyamorous than polygamist, but she's so into her "take a pinch of this and a smidge of that, and a half-handful of that one other and blend in your limited-edition-color-for-an-extra $49.95 KitchenAid" multicultural enlightenment that I swing back and forth on that, as I also can buy that she read an article on polygamy in other countries in National Geographic, a few years before the one on Bindis, and decided it would be "cool"),

but that seemed like a major slip that all three of them realized but, without the later context, no one else did, and that, if they really were legit, it was long over before the Tell-All was filmed.

In which case, I now wanna go re-watch the part where Vanessa cries 'cause people thought she was there for the Fifteen, and see if I think those tears are because she is hurt that it's over or because she realizes that, just as she's maybe finally convinced everyone she loves (and the audience she wants to love her) she's not a lying famewhore, it's all gonna bounce back ten-fold. 

Maybe the next three minutes will make me change my mind again, but right now, I'm thinking that these three realized that the other families had such insanity that was actually coming out here, they finally had their chance to look like the sane, grounded ones, and they were gonna finally become the darlings of the show they'd expected to be but weren't accepted as. And it almost worked on me, fuckers. I feel like someone poured rubbing alcohol down my face to erase my Sharpie third eye.

At least Jennifer has meth as an excuse (and Brandi had already foreshadowed The Bad Brandi that literally took over her face in the moments before she started pouring her gasoline). What's their deal?

The Snowjobs actually finally had me for one hour and 56 minutes before re-outing themselves as the cons/grifters/I don't even know what 'cause they've played me well enough that I still can't determine their end game.

Edited by methadonna
I hit send before Dimitri gave the sage advice about not jumping off the train[wreck] of their marriage unless it's burning ... to the couple whose sole sympathetic quality was that their house and all their belongings had perished in a fire?!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Bella Maria said:

What a bunch of crap, I am so upset that I bought in to this, she really got me.  what a sap I am, sheeeeeeit.   Are you kidding?   You just put Polygamy back 100 years because of your need for....whatever???   Here I thought these were elevated thinkers who really cared about each other.  It wouldn't taken a couple of seasons, and a full on wedding and all the interviews to know it wasn't for you.  You did it for your own gain as far as I can see.  man oh man, I am so mad at myself for buying into your bull.

Agreed. I had finally started to really like them. Bummer. 

• Love 1

I guess the real truth will happen if we see Vanessa appearing as a new TV personality somewhere else. She certainly made a lot of people love her so maybe it was just a career move. NOOOPPE, don't like it one bit!!!!! And I don't like that the kids loved her too and now she is gone. Not well done, not at all.  Nope, nope and may I say, NOPE!!!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

Whoa!! Jeff's got a bit of a temper.  But he was trying to help so good for him.  Too bad it was wasted on a scumbag like Bernie!

I was thinking... now there’s a Jeff I can get on board with. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Ok, here is something.  The first time I watched the show tonight, I was sort of thrown when Vanessa's reaction to Jennifer's cringeworthy behavior (boy you got off easy tonight ole Jen, Vanessa stole your classless limelight) in that she would "disappear", referring to Jennifer's being forced to face her accusers so to speak.  Now watching the show for the second time, I think I am seeing a clue as to her true character.  If she, Vanessa, were in the same situation she would just disappear.  That doesn't quite match the, sweet, sincere, oh so honest and careful of others feelings, i.e. as in never hurting Ashley, which she proclaimed over and over during the season.  Ok then, Miss Vanessa would not try to explain herself, she wouldn't try to come to terms with people she conned and hurt, she would just, "disappear".  Well, behavior even worse than old Jen's.  I guess I get her now.  Disappointing.

I had to switch away from the last few minutes of the Tell Some (ugh, that interviewer. "Here's a barely not-soft question... and now I'm going to step back from it before we can get any real info.") so that I could catch GoT from the beginning and even though I made sure to save the Tell Some on the PVR, I figured it wasn't worth fast forwarding through to the last few minutes and here you guys are telling me that Vanessa turned in her Snowden Sister-Wife Starter Kit*?

I'm sorry but every time I hear the Winder husband talk, all I can think is that one day, he'll be the real life inspiration for a future episode of Criminal Minds because forget skeletons in the closet, this dude has bodies in his basement. Stacked like cordwood. He keeps them in the house that doesn't have his colour-coordinated work shirts. 

I came for Brandi's Backyard Betrayal and I was not disappointed. Paige's "Gimme a smoke and gimme a beer" reaction was amazing. 

* Starter Kit comes with beginner bindi, two head-wraps, and a $29.99 ankle bracelet from Wal-Mart. Purchaser agrees to partake in a bullshit pH balancing diet, a Stanley Steamer vagina cleansing Groupon, and to act as the family's live-in help whenever Ashley wants to be Head Goddess in Charge at her hypothetical dance studio. No refunds without original receipt.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Although it seems most folks sharing here feel Vanessa ran some type of con, I also finally believed the Snowden+Vanessa love story was real. I was also rooting for them by the end.

However, I don't feel Vanessa just wanted her 15 minutes. She could have done that and ended it before the wedding and still had the same amount of screen time. 

I get the feeling that reading the audience feedback all season finally opened her eyes - that she WAS really getting the short end of the stick in that relationship. 

Also Vanessa was happily posting (more than just the obligated show posts) up until the last few days when her accounts went dead silent. I think the breakup just happened recently (like in the last couple days) ...and wasn't the tell all filmed months ago??  If it was sooner and the producers knew there's no way they wouldn't have tried to get additional interviews out of them - even if just offer video chats. 

I think as she got more involved all  Vanessa's goals for herself went up in smoke as she became tethered to those kids (sorry, not sorry). I saw her with the kids more than Ashley or Dimitri!!  But she's much younger than them and probably wasn't ready to settle down the way they wanted her to (like be with kids all day instead of exploring her own career and acting interests)

She probably also had a different timeline for when she really wanted to start popping out babies - during the bridal shower she told the family 6 months down the line they would start trying but in previous episodes she never seemed in a rush to start having babies herself. 

I saw a lot of Ashley finally getting a chance to explore her own "career" now that Vanessa could help with childcare, but also have a feeling that was a decision (like the others) that Ashley made herself and everyone else just went along with.   

The last sisterwife the Snowdens had shared that Ashley eventually wanted a sexual relationship with her too, and that's when she left the family because she didn't want a sexual relationship with Ashley. Maybe the same happened with Vanessa.

One things for sure, in all the other plural marriage shows I've seen (I watch them ALL) the Snowden family was the only arrangement I've seen where the first wife has soooo much control over the 2nd wife's relationship with the man. All the others usually say that each wife's relationship with the husband is private, but Ashley was involved in every intimate detail. 

All we saw from Vanessa was a compromising, sweet character, and all we saw from Ashley was a control freak. Why now do we flip and want to place all this blame on Vanessa????? 

I hope we learn some specific reasons for why Vanessa left, but it's likely because she wanted more balance, and to set her own pace and there was no way head bitch in charge (aka Ashley) was going to have any of that 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Useful 5
  • Love 16

The most boring group, I forget their names  because they're all forgettable and hardly had any scenes... Well I thought they were really great in the tell all. I felt like I learned more about them during the tell all episode than I did  the entire season. Also the husband looks wayyyy better with a beard! 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

Although it seems most folks sharing here feel Vanessa ran some type of con, I also finally believed the Snowden+Vanessa love story was real. I was also rooting for them by the end.

However, I don't feel Vanessa just wanted her 15 minutes. She could have done that and ended it before the wedding and still had the same amount of screen time. 

I get the feeling that reading the audience feedback all season finally opened her eyes - that she WAS really getting the short end of the stick in that relationship. 

Also Vanessa was happily posting (more than just the obligated show posts) up until the last few days when her accounts went dead silent. I think the breakup just happened recently (like in the last couple days) ...and wasn't the tell all filmed months ago??  If it was sooner and the producers knew there's no way they wouldn't have tried to get additional interviews out of them - even if just offer video chats. 

I think as she got more involved all  Vanessa's goals for herself went up in smoke as she became tethered to those kids (sorry, not sorry). I saw her with the kids more than Ashley or Dimitri!!  But she's much younger than them and probably wasn't ready to settle down the way they wanted her to (like be with kids all day instead of exploring her own career and acting interests)

She probably also had a different timeline for when she really wanted to start popping out babies - during the bridal shower she told the family 6 months down the line they would start trying but in previous episodes she never seemed in a rush to start having babies herself. 

I saw a lot of Ashley finally getting a chance to explore her own "career" now that Vanessa could help with childcare, but also have a feeling that was a decision (like the others) that Ashley made herself and everyone else just went along with.   

The last sisterwife the Snowdens had shared that Ashley eventually wanted a sexual relationship with her too, and that's when she left the family because she didn't want a sexual relationship with Ashley. Maybe the same happened with Vanessa.

One things for sure, in all the other plural marriage shows I've seen (I watch them ALL) the Snowden family was the only arrangement I've seen where the first wife has soooo much control over the 2nd wife's relationship with the man. All the others usually say that each wife's relationship with the husband is private, but Ashley was involved in every intimate detail. 

All we saw from Vanessa was a compromising, sweet character, and all we saw from Ashley was a control freak. Why now do we flip and want to place all this blame on Vanessa????? 

I hope we learn some specific reasons for why Vanessa left, but it's likely because she wanted more balance, and to set her own pace and there was no way head bitch in charge (aka Ashley) was going to have any of that 

Even though I wrote alllll that, I forgot to mention that I actually didn't like Ashley at all until the tell all. During the tell all she seemed like such a cool woman - no smugness, or attitude that seemed present in every episode prior. I really loved how she tried to offer support and never seemed judgmental, even when it was so easy to do with the meth head and crazy Paige. 

She also looked great during the tell all. Wish we saw more of that side of her during the season and maybe it wouldn't have seemed like she was crazy manipulative and controlling of the the relationship between Dmitiri and Vanessa. 

OR maybe Ashley got better at masking her true feelings 🤷

• Love 9

So did Vanessa get tired of being babysitter and housekeeper?

Bernie is a disgusting pig. He kept telling Paige to be quiet and stop. Until......Brandi started spilling the beans! How did it end up with Paige consoling Bernie? I was rooting for her until she started that shit.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

So did Vanessa get tired of being babysitter and housekeeper?

Bernie is a disgusting pig. He kept telling Paige to be quiet and stop. Until......Brandi started spilling the beans! How did it end up with Paige consoling Bernie? I was rooting for her until she started that shit.

I can't say here but check out the Bernie and Paige dedicated thread, they are terrible human beings.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Does anyone here believe Jennifer's baby story?  I know I don't

It's been said that she made up the story about her "High up Hell's Angel Baby Daddy"  because fans have been making threats and bothering her.  She thought that this would make people back down if they thought a hairy scary dude was going to come after them.  @@<~~~ That's an eye roll.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:
10 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Run Vanessa run.

They do seem selfish, Vanessa had to accommodate them. I hope for her sake she doesn't get pregnant because then she will be tied to them forever.

At the end of the show they said that Vanessa left the Snowdens after the Tell All.  Then IMMEDIATELY after the show ended last night both Vanessa and Dimitri posted on Social Media that she had left the family.

• Love 4

How convenient of Vanessa to leave right after they'd filmed the season. I am starting to believe this was all manufactured and that viewers and TLC were scammed by the Snowdens and Vanessa. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

At the end of the show they said that Vanessa left the Snowdens after the Tell All.  Then IMMEDIATELY after the show ended last night both Vanessa and Dimitri posted on Social Media that she had left the family.

She is sooo lucky to get out of that mess.

• Love 4
Just now, Adeejay said:

How convenient of Vanessa to leave right after they'd filmed the season. I am starting to believe this was all manufactured and that viewers and TLC were scammed by the Snowdens and Vanessa. 

It is true how many of these reality shows are manufactured, Vanessa smartened up and got out, nothing good would have come of this and the money probably was not worth it.

Ashely seemed toxic a little bit.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lilsadone said:

Exactly. I've also watched them all and the women always say the husband's relationship with the other women is private. I can't believe that for Vanessa and Dimitri's first night being intimate, Ashley basically walked them to their bedroom door. I can't believe Dimitri didn't even take Vanessa out for a date, maybe even get a hotel or go away for a couple nights. It's like they had no relationship as a private couple. 

Edited by Canadian Girl
  • Love 9

I noticed the body language between Vanessa and Ashley as the tell all began.  Both, especially Ashley, leaning away from each other!  Demetri seemed to console Vanessa!  Ashley avoiding eye contact and Vanessa on the verge of years until she did cry.

I truly believe Vanessa was the wronged party and Ashley the villain but I've been wrong before so there's that!

Right away I thought there is trouble in paradise between those two!

I liked the moderator.  She brought some class to the shit show!

Still not sure if the hickey was real or made up!  

Jennifer is a real wack job but I think the boobies were luring the Mr.!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 5

Well hot damn, Vanessa's one-and-done contract was up and she moved the frak on. Probably guaranteeing them all another season in the process. Or maybe not. I do wonder who the producers are and how invested they are in trying to make polygamy look reasonable. Because I couldn't understand why they passed up the chance to show the Brineys again after April left them. That's some primetime drama.

I thought it was VERY telling which wives were outside with Paige and which ones stayed on the couch. Lol.

Jeff's little snappy warning to the producer followed by that kind of insolent wink/tsking had me rolling too. That guy's way more interesting than what we've been sitting through. 

The Winders' utter charmlessness continues to baffle me. I think Kermit was probably inwardly horrified by all those heathens with their cheating and creeping and unworthy paramours they be courtin'. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, taragel said:

I do wonder who the producers are and how invested they are in trying to make polygamy look reasonable. Because I couldn't understand why they passed up the chance to show the Brineys again after April left them. That's some primetime drama.

They actually answered that elsewhere.  They couldn't show the footage they had filmed because of HIPAA laws.   Drew and his other two wives were saying that April was having mental issues and a nervous breakdown and that was why she left - April threatened a lawsuit if they aired what they had filmed.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

They actually answered that elsewhere.  They couldn't show the footage they had filmed because of HIPAA laws.   Drew and his other two wives were saying that April was having mental issues and a nervous breakdown and that was why she left - April threatened a lawsuit if they aired what they had filmed.

Oh interesting, I hadn't seen that! That makes some sense then. 

I predict the Snowdens will be back "on the hunt" for another season. Surely they can find another aspiring actress in LA easily enough!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

The Winder wives don't live in the same house? I was surprised to hear that. From watching the show had thought they all lived together. The husband even has them recruit his next wife..how nice of him.

In a community where there are a lot of polygamists living near each other, the woman chooses the husband.  If she sees a family in church that she likes, she can approach them and express an interest in joining her family.  The rest depends on how the courtship goes and whether they want to expand their family, etc. etc.    It isn't traditional for the husband to be on the prowl for a new woman - that is only the impression of many monogamists who think the husband just wants to cheat and keep his wife.  (And I'm not saying that that isn't the husband's motive sometimes - don't get me wrong!! lol)  Bernie McGee also reinforces that idea to viewers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Canadian Girl said:

Exactly. I've also watched them all and the women always say the husband's relationship with the other women is private. I can't believe that for Vanessa and Dimitri's first night being intimate, Ashley basically walked them to their bedroom door. I can't believe Dimitri didn't even take Vanessa out for a date, maybe even get a hotel or go away for a couple nights. It's like they had no relationship as a private couple. 

I think that is because mostly we see polygamists that are fundamentalist Mormons, and that's the approach they take regardless of whether everyone is in a big house like in Lehi or living separately in the cul-de-sac.  I think because the Snowdens aren't coming from that background and are making the rules as they go along, they seem really different from the poly families we are used to.  Ashley reigned in her world, and Paige wants to reign in hers.  They think first wives rule.

I feel sorry for the Snowden children who were so attached to Vanessa.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Dear Meth Jennifer,

Putting your drug dealer in pigtail braids does NOT make her your little sister.

Love, Everyone.

BE2E1682-2750-4D94-99B3-CBF42473A420.jpeg

Jennifer looks high as a kite.  Totally strung out on drugs.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

This Alldredge guy was attracted to Jennifer??? He's the wierdo.

Ugh.  I think he was just attracted to skinny, blond, and young.  He must have been desperate for some new pussy to keep pursuing that hot mess.  

Jennifer reminded so much of Jesse (of Jesse and Brian) on Catfish, her looks, her mannerisms, and her addiction/mental health issues.  Turned out Jesse had a plethora of issues that were apparent to probably anyone viewing that episode but not to Brian, who was actually participating in it.  

I can't feel sorry for the Aldredges.  They got too close to that proverbial fire and got wicked burned.  

• Love 2

You know that old saying, "Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?" 

Well, my answer to that has always been, "Why buy the bull if it doesn't know how to service the cow?" 

Maybe Dimitri is a lousy lay.    Wouldn't surprise me in the least.  He's pretty much into himself only.     

Stupid philosopher-wanna-be...missing the mark by 10 zillion and three. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

After one of Vanessa's friends came forward saying "she always wanted to be on TV" it became even more obvious it was all an act. Who knows how much the Showdens were in on it too. I'm suspicious of them all. The three of them are clearly seeking fame on a higher level. As someone on here mentioned earlier, Vanessa was way too willing to change her entire life for this family. To me she always has ulterior motives and I believe The Snowdens were well aware of it. The whole thing was a con.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Bernie is a lying liar who lies.  The lady with whom he was sexting told him that she knows how to please a man and Bernie's response was, "You will just have to show me."  Bernie would have us believe that the woman said, "I know how to please a man and I will show you."

Vanessa Allredge's sister wife looks pregnant.  

She gained a significant amount of weight between season one and season two.  I thought maybe she'd had another baby, but she still had four.  I'm concerned about a health issue because she stayed a healthy weight after four babies, yet gained quite a bit afterward.  Hopefully she's okay.

• Love 2

The Snowdens have already had two long term fails in their attempt at polygamy.  Maybe they should just give it up and love what they have with each other and their children. 

I don't know if I believe they were running a scam or that Vanessa scammed them just to be on TV, but would love to know the real reason, not the flowery explanation.  I wish them all happiness.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Dear Meth Jennifer,

Putting your drug dealer in pigtail braids does NOT make her your little sister.

Love, Everyone.

BE2E1682-2750-4D94-99B3-CBF42473A420.jpeg

Her nose is always red...Hmm

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

She gained a significant amount of weight between season one and season two.  I thought maybe she'd had another baby, but she still had four.  I'm concerned about a health issue because she stayed a healthy weight after four babies, yet gained quite a bit afterward.  Hopefully she's okay.

I thought at the beginning of the season it was mentioned their was a health concern (I think a female issue).  You can’t judge someone’s health solely on their appearance, but her skin and hair are beautiful so I hope she is doing well.

I believe the other Vanessa and the Snowdens were broken up before the tell all was filmed.  When everyone is filming Ashley is leaning as far away from Vanessa as she can.  When it is just the three of them Vanessa is leaning as far away from Dimitri as she can.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, lilsadone said:

The most boring group, I forget their names  because they're all forgettable and hardly had any scenes... Well I thought they were really great in the tell all. I felt like I learned more about them during the tell all episode than I did  the entire season. Also the husband looks wayyyy better with a beard! 

I agree, I've grown to like the Winders. I really liked what Colton said regarding the perception that polygamy is just a way for a man to cheat, and how sex is just one part of a successful marriage.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

I’m kind of glad Jennifer went bat-crap crazy on them, because it probably helped them get over it quicker. I do like the Alldredges, of all the families.

Jeff needs to just settle for his two current wives.  If he wasn't unsealed from the first, he still has the three minimum needed.  Either way, they don't have enough room for their current family, and he's really too old to keep having kids.  He's like the Duggars, having babies alongside your children, aunts and uncles who are younger than nieces and nephews.  Jeff needs to accept his new season in life (tm Michelle Duggar).

• Love 3
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I can't say here but check out the Bernie and Paige dedicated thread, they are terrible human beings.

Bernie and Paige are  codependent and dysfunctional. Anyone with a brain and an ounce of self-worth wouldn't go near those two now that the truth is out. I hope they figure things out and can get their act together, for the sake of their kids if nothing else. 

Brandy definitely comes across as someone who had her eyes opened and after that point, she was done.  Her mannerisms and facial expressions suggest someone who finally saw the light.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Jeff needs to just settle for his two current wives.  If he wasn't unsealed from the first, he still has the three minimum needed.  Either way, they don't have enough room for their current family, and he's really too old to keep having kids.  He's like the Duggars, having babies alongside your children, aunts and uncles who are younger than nieces and nephews.  Jeff needs to accept his new season in life (tm Michelle Duggar).

They are in the process of building a big house.  It was being built before this season started.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

can't say here but check out the Bernie and Paige dedicated thread, they are terrible human beings.

Ohhhh reaaaaalllyyyy?????  Gonna stop on over there and get the scoop! 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Give me a break.  Sure, Jennifer is a lying liar who lies (congrats on your nonexistent baby, hon), but it’s pretty rich that this band of idiots is laughing at her and throwing shade.  That being said, damn girl, put down the drugs.  She is flying hiiiiiigh.  

I thought they were trying to restrain themselves, but Dimitri's reactions were giving me life.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

They are in the process of building a big house.  It was being built before this season started.

Well that's good news for the wives and kids, but the rest of my comment still stands.  When you've got a good thing - recognize it and stop there.  Why in the world do they want to rock the boat in what seems to be a calm and well functioning household.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Well that's good news for the wives and kids, but the rest of my comment still stands.  When you've got a good thing - recognize it and stop there.  Why in the world do they want to rock the boat in what seems to be a calm and well functioning household.

Because he needs three wives to get his own planet in the afterlife of course. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1