Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20 Caught in the Middle

• Start Topic

Porsha gets ready for her gender reveal, only to have her hopes dashed; Eva pushes past the rumors about her finances; when Cynthia’s old friend makes an appearance at her wine cooler event, it threatens to blow a hole in her relationship with Nene. (Airdate 2019.03.31)

Heh, Cynthia’s “old friend.”  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't get why Kandi and Cynthia are lying.  Why do they need a cover story or be on the same page?

NeNe should have been told upfront.  Invite your friends who are enemies, but tell them they are coming so people can make a choice. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I hate to be "that fan" but I think this was a last ditch effort to drum up so drama and ratings for the show. IIRC, this party happened in October. The girls were all fine with each other right up until the reunion. That late addition audio smells like an engineered drama setup. 

If we assume that is real, why is Nene crying that this particular situation broke her currently on instagram? Even if Cynthia lied and pretended that she didn't know Kenya was coming, why does it affect Nene so much? Why does Nene feel as if she should have approval of the guest list? If I were Nene, I would be more concerned that my good friend felt it was necessary to lie so that she could have her friend there. Nene doesn't really want Cynthia to be neutral, she wants her to be on her side. If its too much for you, then everyone will understand if you say I'm sorry but I just cannot show up. Don't come and continue to say, girl my husband has cancer but I still showed up. SHE WANTED TO SHOUT OUT GREG FOR COMING AND YOU SAID NO! 

I'm a big fan of Cynthia and Mike, and I have liked Mike since watching him on fox sports and listening to his podcast with Claudia Jordan. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Cynthia is stupid for having ever catered to Nene.  Kenya is annoying, but she was kind to Greg and didn’t engage when Nene was clearly talking shit about her with Marlo.  Speaking of Marlo...real classy to make a gagging gesture at the eight month pregnant woman.  Weren’t those two “faux” friends at one point?

Nene had a falling out with Marlo for being friends with Kenya.. Nene has problems and next week will be something else. Nene is attacking everybody including Andy Cohen, her boss.

• Love 13
(edited)

Just listened to Kandi and Cynthia "speak on it" on youtube. I won't spoil until everyone gets a chance to watch, but it follows what I was thinking. 

In a now deleted IG story, Mike went in on a guy apparently coming for Cynthia. It happened right before the finale aired. Man, social media is a full time job. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Marlo and Nene are both awful as was that Shaggy ass jacket Marlow was wearing at the beginning. So glad Kenya showed up to Cynthia’s party. Jealous much Nene? What a bitch!

I loved that Kenya had Nene more pressed than an ironing board. Nene feared that her lap dog (Cynthia) was getting off her leash and running to Kenya, and Nene couldn't stand it. In Nene's mind, she is the only person who was suppose to be able to control Cynthia. Once Nene saw she was loosing control of Cynthia, she terminated the friendship by unfollowing Cynthia on social media.

• Love 17
54 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I hate to be "that fan" but I think this was a last ditch effort to drum up so drama and ratings for the show. IIRC, this party happened in October. The girls were all fine with each other right up until the reunion. That late addition audio smells like an engineered drama setup. 

If we assume that is real, why is Nene crying that this particular situation broke her currently on instagram? Even if Cynthia lied and pretended that she didn't know Kenya was coming, why does it affect Nene so much? Why does Nene feel as if she should have approval of the guest list? If I were Nene, I would be more concerned that my good friend felt it was necessary to lie so that she could have her friend there. Nene doesn't really want Cynthia to be neutral, she wants her to be on her side. If its too much for you, then everyone will understand if you say I'm sorry but I just cannot show up. Don't come and continue to say, girl my husband has cancer but I still showed up. SHE WANTED TO SHOUT OUT GREG FOR COMING AND YOU SAID NO! 

I'm a big fan of Cynthia and Mike, and I have liked Mike since watching him on fox sports and listening to his podcast with Claudia Jordan. 

Kenya called it a few seasons back: She said Nene is a dictator. She thinks she has the right to tell people, particularly Cynthia, who they can and cannot talk to. She actually had the audacity to say that Cynthia should stand up to Kenya when any time Cynthia has attempted to stand up to her (like tonight), she's cut Cynthia off at the knees. Cynthia has allowed Nene to bully her to the point where she felt she had to pretend she didn't know that Kenya was coming to HER party out of fear of how Nene would react to the news. It's a damn shame that a 51-year old woman (Cynthia) is that damn weak.

• Love 18
50 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nene had a falling out with Marlo for being friends with Kenya.. Nene has problems and next week will be something else. Nene is attacking everybody including Andy Cohen, her boss.

Exactly. Nene will never not fall out with someone (using a double negative for effect here) because in order to maintain a friendship with her, you must do one of two things: 1.) Kiss her ass, or 2.) Acquiesce to her in a disagreement and admit everything is YOUR fault like Cynthia did tonight.  That's something people like Kim and Sheree were never willing to do, which is why Nene could never maintain friendships with them.

• Love 22

If Cynthia gave Kenya a heads up that Nene was going to be at the party but did not give Nene that same consideration, then Cynthia was wrong.  She's wrong anyway for not being straight up and telling Nene she invited Kenya to the party and she understands if Nene didn't come.

Nene feels that by not telling her about Kenya possibly coming to the party, that Cynthia has chosen sides.  And Nene is not wrong: Cynthia did choose Kenya's side and both of them know it.

Cynthia is tired of how Nene's been treating people all season long and I think she was subconciously telling Nene she was done with her with that little party stunt.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I was live tweeting while watching the finale tonight, and I'm glad so many people are finally seeing what I've been saying about Nene and Cynthia's friendship for years: They have a master-slave relationship. Cynthia felt she had to lie about inviting Kenya to her own party because she was afraid of how Nene would react. When Nene left the restaurant, and Cynthia followed her and started apologizing profusely, she reminded me of a battered wife who apologizes to her abusive husband for "making"him hit her. Cynthia has always had to walk on eggsheels around Nene in order to maintain their friendship. Although it looks like Cynthia accepts that her friendship with Nene has ended at the reunion, I have no doubt Cynthia will be back up Nene's ass in no time. She's a follower and a sycophant, which is why I don't and will NEVER like or respect her.

You nailed it with your post. Watching Nene/Cynthia was like watching a battered wife and her batterer and it was very uncomfortable to watch. 

• Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

You nailed it with your post. Watching Nene/Cynthia was like watching a battered wife and her batterer and it was very uncomfortable to watch. 

I hated watching Cynthia apologize to Nene. I don't root for friendships to fail but I think maybe both of them would benefit from not being friends anymore, especially Cynthia. It looks as if things are really coming up for her, especially if she and Mike get married next year. Even though I would miss her, I wouldn't mind if Cynthia decided that she had enough of the drama of the show and wanted to focus on another life once she got married to Mike. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I hated watching Cynthia apologize to Nene. I don't root for friendships to fail but I think maybe both of them would benefit from not being friends anymore, especially Cynthia. It looks as if things are really coming up for her, especially if she and Mike get married next year. Even though I would miss her, I wouldn't mind if Cynthia decided that she had enough of the drama of the show and wanted to focus on another life once she got married to Mike. 

Cynthia never gave Nene boundaries in their friendship. You have to teach somebody how to treat you. She never did that with Nene and Nene took advantage of that. Notice she likes to call Cynthia meek, passive and weak.  That is how she sees her, somebody she can control. She has lost control and like an abuser she is punishing Cynthia by withholding her love via their friendship. It is a really toxic relationship.  I knew it was unhealthy when Nene got up in Peter's face and Cynthia did not defend her husband, that was telling..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

If Cynthia gave Kenya a heads up that Nene was going to be at the party but did not give Nene that same consideration, then Cynthia was wrong.  She's wrong anyway for not being straight up and telling Nene she invited Kenya to the party and she understands if Nene didn't come.

Nene feels that by not telling her about Kenya possibly coming to the party, that Cynthia has chosen sides.  And Nene is not wrong: Cynthia did choose Kenya's side and both of them know it.

Cynthia is tired of how Nene's been treating people all season long and I think she was subconciously telling Nene she was done with her with that little party stunt.

Let's be honest: Nene was going to be in her feelings about Kenya being at the party whether Cynthia gave her a heads-up or not. What's sad is that Cynthia felt she had to lie about whether she knew or not that Kenya was going to be there because she was too afraid of upsetting her master. I would NEVER allow one friend to to make me feel like I had to apologize for inviting another friend to my own party. If I were Cynthia, I would have told Nene straight-up that Kenya will be at my party, and that if Nene didn't like it, that she shouldn't come. But that move would require Cynthia to grow a spine, which she seems unable to do. 

• Love 15

I dunno.  I have a feeling Porsha is not getting married or staying married.  She had that baby for nothing. 

I have a feeling her hot dog King is not done having more tattoos for Porsha to lick. 👅

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Let's be honest: Nene was going to be in her feelings about Kenya being at the party whether Cynthia gave her a heads-up or not. What's sad is that Cynthia felt she had to lie about whether she knew or not that Kenya was going to be there because she was too afraid of upsetting her master. I would NEVER allow one friend to to make me feel like I had to apologize for inviting another friend to my own party. If I were Cynthia, I would have told Nene straight-up that Kenya will be at my party, and that if Nene didn't like it, that she shouldn't come. But that move would require Cynthia to grow a spine, which she seems unable to do. 

Without question. Cynthia found herself in a no win situation. She should have never had to worry about these dynamics, especially on a night that was to be special for her. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Cynthia never gave Nene boundaries in their friendship. You have to teach somebody how to treat you. She never did that with Nene and Nene took advantage of that. Notice she likes to call Cynthia meek, passive and weak.  That is how she sees her, somebody she can control. She has lost control and like an abuser she is punishing Cynthia by withholding her love via their friendship. It is a really toxic relationship.  I knew it was unhealthy when Nene got up in Peter's face and Cynthia did not defend her husband, that was telling..

I 100% co-sign this. Notice how Nene said that Cynthia needs to stand up to Kenya. Nene wants Cynthia to have a backbone with EVERYONE except HER. Any time Cynthia has attempted to assert herself with Nene, Nene has cut her off at the knees just like she did after the reunion b y unfollowing Cynthia on social media. 

And why would Cynthia need to stand up to Kenya anyway? I've never seen Kenya try to dictate who Cynthia can and cannot talk to like Nene has. But since Kenya is an alpha female like Nene is, Nene thinks that Cynthia is now under her control and terminated their friendship because of it just like she did with Marlo when Marlo befriended Kenya.

• Love 12

Kandi had Cynthia on her YouTube show Speak on It. They talked about this episode. 

I agree that Nene would have had a problem whether Cynthia told her that Kenya was coming or not. Nene acting like this is such a major slight is ridiculous. I guess I did not realize that Nene and Kenya had any issues at this point. 

I might have to watch the episode again, because I am bit too intoxicated since my alma mater beat Duke to get into the final four! Sparty on.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Porsha handled that shit show reveal party a lot better than I would have, and I’m not even pregnant.  That was a weak low-rent display, and that party planner is going to be lucky to get any decent events after not being able to pull off what was almost a glorified kid’s birthday party. I’m glad everyone made the most of it, 

The way Mike handles “big” moments with Cynthia is SO WEIRD. But if he’s good to her and they are both happy, then great.

Shimari has grown on me throughout the season. Rough start, but she seems alright after all. I won’t mind if she comes back.

I am completely over Nene, she is too selfish and self-centered to be tolerated. I don’t care if she’s upset Kenya was there, I don’t like Kenya, I’m still not convinced that Kenya actually carried that baby herself because the bump has looked unlike any bump I’ve ever seen, but I also don’t give a shit because it’s Kenya and Kenya is always full of lies about something. Whatever, I’m as ready to move on from all this as I am the dog story line on RH of BH.

I wish Gregg the best, hope he beats cancer, and maybe part of moving forward in the healthiest way will include getting rid of his BUT WHAT ABOUT ME???? wife. 

• Love 16

Nene and Marlo are garbage humans. They were completely bullies and Nene was especially nasty with all of her commentary (online and at the party). Birds of a feather flock together. I don't even feel like it's necessary to go into detail explaining what a delusional, narcissistic fuck Nene is but I'll save all my word count in case there's anyone that somehow watched this episode and felt sympathy for Nene...then I'll bring out my words and we can have a discussion because there ain't no part of me that thought Nene had any reason or sense to be so mad at Kenya, at Cynthia or anyone else. Kenya didn't say anything nasty about Nene, she was just making decisions behind the scenes that was best for her and living her best life which included unfollowing negativity from her timeline. It was that simple. Nene got upset that  there were consequences for her big ass mouth flying off like it often does. I just don't feel any bit sorry for this woman which is such a 180 because I felt genuine sympathy for her being a caretaker...until I realized she was outsourcing all of her caretaking responsibilities and then complaining about how hard it is that her husband is too sick to hold her purse.

If it was Porsha's friends and family putting hands together to help organize and deliver the gender reveal event, I would say that it's all good but considering she paid someone to plan and oversee the event, I can sympathize with why it would be initially upsetting to walk into that situation in the backyard. Good on Tanya for so quickly jumping in to reassure her that it was all fine and hyping up the inside decor (which did look far better than the backyard stuff).

I only say this because I often feel Cynthia is on the mark, but for her party, she was not. I thought she looked really underwhelming and not in theme with the event which was only notable to me because it was actually her own event. Cynthia and Kandi are saying there's something behind the sound byte they aired so I"m curious to hear what they say.

• Love 11

NeNe is making me see red again. If she pulled that stuff on me she would have been history years ago. Cynthia was not put on earth to kiss NeNe's rear. She should have stuck to her guns: "It's my party and I can invite whomever I want. This is not grade school."

NeNe's still carrying on next week at the reunion. She needs help. She does not get to be in charge of everything and everybody. She is not fabulous.

She did not let Greg go up to the microphone and get some love at the party. How self-centered was that?

• Love 20

I've said it before...Why would anyone even want to be friends with Nene?  It would be so exhausting following all of her guidelines for being her friend.  She has got to be the most self centered housewife over all of the franchises.  I would have given anything if Gregg had ignored Nene and went ahead to the stage when Cynthia summoned him.  But of course he would have caught 10 kinds of hell once they got home.  There is no way Gregg is abusing Nene.  If anything it's the other way around.  And why does everybody cater to her like she's the queen mother.  I wish so bad they would once again bring Sheree back to put Nene in her place.  She's got it coming bad.  

• Love 22

Seeing Andy blowing smoke up NeNe's butt on WWHL tonight was the last straw for me. He had a montage supposedly showing one of our "favorite" housewives doing "wonderful" takes. I think Andy is half of NeNe's problem as he affirms her delusions of grandeur. Not sure what universe either of them is living in.

• Love 13
(edited)
5 hours ago, renatae said:

Seeing Andy blowing smoke up NeNe's butt on WWHL tonight was the last straw for me. He had a montage supposedly showing one of our "favorite" housewives doing "wonderful" takes. I think Andy is half of NeNe's problem as he affirms her delusions of grandeur. Not sure what universe either of them is living in.

There isn't enough WORD in the world for this post. God damn. Andy sucks for encouraging her ass.

ETA: I had to get that ^^ out of my system! Nene is so ugly (inside). What an awful person. Much as I like my trashy reality TV, it has really given some non-special people the idea that they are super special (& has also given them a lot of $$; see: Nene, nasty Kim Z). With Eva, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Were Kenya's (also NOT my favorite) boobs always that big??? I know pregnancy makes them bigger, but DAG. Also that red dress really accentuated her weird square ass. Cynthia, RUN. You are a star, you don't need mean ole Nene any more, if you ever did. RUN. I also think Mike is weird & based on Cynthia's non-Leon taste in men... he's probably a mess. I want to go to the OLG, but damn if I'm giving mama Joyce any coin of mine. I have GOT to stumble onto/into one of these 'events' one day!!!!

Edited by DrSparkles
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Hmmm.... the finale (a NeNe heavy episode) and only one page/less than 30 posts so many hours after it aired.

To me that means NeNe needs to ByeBye.

Frankly, this whole season seems to have been one big infomercial for the products of these women.  In fact, every Housewives edition seems to be taking the turn.  Skinny Girl, Coto Insurance, Ramona Wine, Swag shop, whatever book Teresa has someone writing for her, JEEEEZ.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

Nene is so fucking jealous that Cynthia has a Seagram's endorsement deal she can't stand it. Nene doesn't want to see anyone succeed and at the same time I think we're watching what's left of Nene's career go down the toilet. She wouldn't even let that old guy that holds her purse go up and get some acknowledgment on the stage. She truly is repulsive.

The summation of all parts.   I didn't know whether to giggle or look away when they were outside and Kenya was leaving while Nene was so pointedly trying her attention.  I still don't know why she even tried to.  I mean from what I understand about raging ass insecurity and emotional immaturity, it makes you shy away from people you're intimated by, no?.  When she said Bye Kenya, goodnight!  to a woman she'd been throwing shade at and talking shit under her clothes about the entire party long.....and Kenya said goodnight everybody, goodnight Gregg, I'm praying for your recovery....

Fainted-gif.gif

howtopayabitchdust.org 

Nene getting a look at Cynthia's "I'm supposed to act like I didn't know Kenya was coming" whisper in Mike's ear is what would've killed it for her.   That would've killed it for me and I haven't ever liked Nene.   So Cynthia calls Kandi before the Nene meetup to get their story straight.  Kandi gives it away by saying she's mic'd and there's presumably an additional conversation (maybe on text) where they sync the official version "Cynthia didn't know Kenya was coming, I"m the person who talked Kenya into it and she told me not to let ANYONE know she'd be there."    Cynthia's a model, not an actress lol.   Why not say I knew Kenya was coming, just like I knew you were.  I didn't tell either of you about the other, but I'm not obligated to.  That's the definition of neutrality.  Now what? 

1 hour ago, DrSparkles said:

There isn't enough WORD in the world for this post. God damn. Andy sucks for encouraging her ass.

ETA: I had to get that ^^ out of my system! Nene is so ugly (inside). What an awful person. Much as I like my trashy reality TV, it has really given some non-special people the idea that they are super special (& has also given them a lot of $$; see: Nene, nasty Kim Z). With Eva, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Were Kenya's (also NOT my favorite) boobs always that big??? I know pregnancy makes them bigger, but DAG. Also that red dress really accentuated her weird square ass. Cynthia, RUN. You are a star, you don't need mean ole Nene any more, if you ever did. RUN. I also think Mike is weird & based on Cynthia's non-Leon taste in men... he's probably a mess. I want to go to the OLG, but damn if I'm giving mama Joyce any coin of mine. I have GOT to stumble onto/into one of these 'events' one day!!!!

Lol.  Figure if she was a double something cup before, between engorgement and inflammation....?  Man pregnancy will fix your entire sense of humor lol, y'own know where your body finna store that kid.  Lil Wilder gave me the gift of immediate urination and a spongebob squarebooty just like that.  I'm praying for her snapback game, that's one helluva climb at 50. 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • LOL 7
  • Love 12
(edited)

The look in Nene's eyes when Greg wanted to go on stage and show Cynthia some love let me know who has the power in their relationship. If Greg had defied her and had gone up there, there would have been hell to pay. 

Kenya showed remarkable restraint in not giving Nene the business. If Porsha and Kenya can co-exist after their issues, why couldn't Nene do the same and just be there for Cynthia.  She has to make everything about herself, she is truly a narcissist.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
(edited)
53 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Nene getting a look at Cynthia's "I'm supposed to act like I didn't know Kenya was coming" whisper in Mike's ear is what would've killed it for her.   That would've killed it for me and I haven't ever liked Nene.   So Cynthia calls Kandi before the Nene meetup to get their story straight.  Kandi gives it away by saying she's mic'd and there's presumably an additional conversation (maybe on text) where they sync the official version "Cynthia didn't know Kenya was coming, I"m the person who talked Kenya into it and she told me not to let ANYONE know she'd be there."    Cynthia's a model, not an actress lol.   Why not say I knew Kenya was coming, just like I knew you were.  I didn't tell either of you about the other, but I'm not obligated to.  That's the definition of neutrality.  Now what? Lol.  Figure if she was a double something cup before, between engorgement and inflammation....?  Man pregnancy will fix your entire sense of humor lol, y'own know where your body finna store that kid.  Lil Wilder gave me the gift of immediate urination and a spongebob squarebooty just like that.  I'm praying for her snapback game, that's one helluva climb at 50. 

I watched Kandi's table talk featuring Cynthia and Cynthia made good points that would have helped how she came across at that sit down with Nene but like many confrontations, you think of all of these great points after the fact. Things Cynthia should have clearly pointed out to Nene's face - 1. She didn't tell Kenya that Nene was invited either (as you smartly point out) 2. Their beef seemed so petty to her that she didn't even consider that it would be an issue or that anything would have gone down because it was her event celebrating one of her successes and she trusted that none of her friends would try to ruin her night 3. It was a big event space with a ton of people, if either of them couldn't stand being around one another, there was plenty of places to go around and mingle 4. If Nene is so convinced that Cynthia only sticks up for Kenya, how does it make any sense that she would put an 8 months pregnant friend (who is dealing with a high-risk pregnancy) through any sort of drama just for the sake of the cameras and to do so at Nene's expense?

Nene took digs at Kenya via social media long before this party incident but she doesn't want to talk about that. She doesn't want to talk about how she accused Kenya of trying to get back on the show by selectively posting pictures of her child while RHOA was airing so as to get people talking about her. She doesn't talk about how she made comments about the legitimacy of her pregnancy but she wants to act like Kenya came out of left field so as to manufacture beef between the two of them while poor Nene was minding her business while taking care of her frail, sickly husband. The cold hard truth about Nene is that she talks shit about everyone but there's no beef there, but once someone gives it back to her, she plays the innocent 'I didn't even know we had a problem, so I don't understand why they're trying to come for me, no chile...I'm not the one'. If Nene had at least stopped at 'I wish you would have given me a heads up - I'm not in a good emotional or mental state right now and a heads up would have been appreciated' I could have left it alone but then she took issue with Kenya taking the mic and saying congratulations to Cynthia for her success...then it was beyond clear that Nene was going to reach regardless of what was there. She was angry and she was going to bob and twist as much as she needed to try and rationalize her feelings.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Porsha has always wanted a child since she was married to her first husband.  If Dennis went away today, I doubt seriously Porsha would look at little PJ and think to herself "I had her for nothing."

Porsha has always wanted a huzzbin.  Her child will take away from her narcissism, and she will have to pretend to be a happy mama forever.

7 hours ago, renatae said:

Nene is too fucking stoopid to realize that Andy collects grotesques as a hobby.  She'd be on the same level as Mama Elsa and Mama Joyce, except she's despicable enough to have her own category.

• Love 14

I've known for years that Nene was full of shit.  And she's been acting like an ass all season long.  Showing up to Cynthia's event with her bitch-face on and ready?  Making fun of Kenya's size and body when she's 8-9 months pregnant, and then acting all in her feelings that Kenya didn't say goodbye to her? Keeping Greg from going up on stage and getting some attention of his own? Bitchy, petty, and selfish.  But the icing on the cake, was after railing into Cynthia about all the things Cynthia has done wrong and all that Cynthia has done to slight her, the absolute WORST was Cynthia allowing Kenya to speak at the event INSTEAD of Nene.  And Cynthia has the nerve to call Nene her sister but not give Nene the spotlight.  I was like: 

angry alison brie GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

She's using Greg's illness as a crutch to get away with amping up her awful-ass behavior.  Because everybody needs to recognize what she's going through and support her. 

come on eye roll GIF by NBA

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

The best thing about last night's episode of Real Housewives of ATL was the promo for the upcoming season of Real Housewives of Potomac. 

I am mad at Nene for different reasons. To say I am not a Kenya fan is to put it mildly. That giggle/laugh that preceded Kenya's entrance into the party sets my teeth on edge. But I digress, Nene acting a ripe petty fool, showing how effortlessly and easily Kenya gets under her skin is a more sure-fired way for Kenya to worm her way back onto this show then Kenya posting Brooklyn pics while the show airs and Kandi and Cyn allegedly plotting but Nene is too stupid to see that. 

I honestly do not follow any social media so I was at a loss as to why Nene and Kenya were on the 'outs' when based on the last reunion, I thought they were if not amicable had at least reached a detente. Thanks to all who explained the SM shade. 

I hope Gregg goes into remission from his Stage 3 colon cancer. I also hope that he escapes that Stage 11 200 lb not so benign tumor that is his wife Nene. 

Nene uses Gregg's cancer as an excuse more than Gregg ever has. She has been bludgeoning her co-workers with it all season. They are all supposed to know that she is going through a lot. There is no one to hold her purse. Yet she doesn't even now her man can't have ice. 

Did I hear correctly? Did Nene say something about Kenya having a baby hippo or something? She has a lot of nerve. 

That blue/pink wig Porsha wore to her baby reveal was the worst and not at all flattering!! 

That party planner better be refunding some money. That party looked like it should've been for Ronald and Shamar's twins.

What was the point of Tanya at that meeting w/Cyn, Nene and Kandi? 

Cyn looked better at Porsha's event than she did her own. That hat was ugly and didn't say "island" or "Caribbean" to me. That hat was some RHOC Tamra/Vicki Lake Havasu bullshit. 

If Mike had been dating Kenya, everyone would be saying he was being paid. How convenient  that he drops probably, possibly, perhaps maybe proposing to Cyn during the finale episode. 

Kenya - she has a beautiful, healthy daughter and seems to have a good huzzband, but I don't need or want her back on this show. She had her shot and she blew it.  She has called Porsha a dummy for years, but Porsha outplayed, outsmarted and outlasted her. Porsha has this show, a special on the way and multisteams of income (don't know if they are profitable, but she is trying). Kenya should be taking the victory lap that Porsha is now. Kenya would have had her own multi-episode wedding special, but she played herself right out of a big check and opportunity. 

No update on Kandi's surrogacy? 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 18
53 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:
12 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Porsha has always wanted a child since she was married to her first husband.  If Dennis went away today, I doubt seriously Porsha would look at little PJ and think to herself "I had her for nothing."

Porsha has always wanted a huzzbin.  Her child will take away from her narcissism, and she will have to pretend to be a happy mama forever.

I’m in the camp that believes Porsha wanted the child more. I think ideally she wants a perfect happy little family with husband and kids, but I think kids drives it. But not for any actual nurturing maternal reason, I believe she wants a doll baby that she can dress up and show off. The man is just the vessel, which is why I think she settled for Dennis and is willing to accept him no matter what. I think (and if I remember correctly she actually said this) that her sister Lauren having a baby first really bothered her. And since then it’s been her mission. Look at how she was harassing that poor guy whose name I can’t remember. But he was her boyfriend a long time ago, and he’s some kind of political aide or something and she tried to pressure him with a baby contract - I definitely think it wasn’t just a story line. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Smacky55 said:

I’m in the camp that believes Porsha wanted the child more. I think ideally she wants a perfect happy little family with husband and kids, but I think kids drives it. But not for any actual nurturing maternal reason, I believe she wants a doll baby that she can dress up and show off. The man is just the vessel, which is why I think she settled for Dennis and is willing to accept him no matter what. I think (and if I remember correctly she actually said this) that her sister Lauren having a baby first really bothered her. And since then it’s been her mission. Look at how she was harassing that poor guy whose name I can’t remember. But he was her boyfriend a long time ago, and he’s some kind of political aide or something and she tried to pressure him with a baby contract - I definitely think it wasn’t just a story line. 

I agree.  The desperation is Nene Leaksing out of every one of her pores ..

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Hard to fathom why anyone would want to be Nene's friend.  It has to be just for the show, because she brings nothing to a relationship but her own need to be adored. 

That fur-collared thing chartreuse velour thing she wore was just awful.  The fur and velour would have made a great steering wheel cover for a 1978 Buick Riviera. 

I felt for Greg in the previews, when she (apparently) said that if she didn't travel for the show, Gregg wouldn't eat.  Of course they might need her income, but there's a better way to say it. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Did I hear correctly? Did Nene say something about Kenya having a baby hippo or something? She has a lot of nerve. 

Buffalo

What was the point of Tanya at that meeting w/Cyn, Nene and Kandi? 

Tanya was the only one who was left:

Eva / Nene are on the outs because of the financial difficulties situation

Porsha / Nene are on the outs because of the closet situation

Marlo would've made that situation about herself

I don't think Shamari & Nene have shared a solo scene together

Tanya was the only one left and she does the Suzy Sunshine thing oh so well.

• Love 7

Has there been an episode this season that at some point someone didn't apologize to Nene or her walking away/out just to have people chase after her?    This has been the Apology Tour Season.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Porsha / Nene are on the outs because of the closet situation

23 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Tanya was the only one left and she does the Suzy Sunshine thing oh so well.

I was trying to figure out why Nene didn't attend Porsha's gender reveal party and she said something about how Porsha (more than any of the other wives) doesn't support others' events so that's why she didn't go. But that didn't seem right to me. I'd forgotten about closet-gate. Although even that doesn't quite fit, because they had a make-up discussion at Eva's wedding about the closet situation.

Kandi skipping Porsha's party seemed logical given their still strained relationship (going back to Phaedra-rape-gate) and that Porsha has not come to any of Kandi's events. I do give Porsha a bit of a pass, because pregnant, but I also think P has used her pregnancy this season as an excuse to get out of what she didn't want to attend. They're all contracted to appear at each other's events - otherwise no show - but I'm guessing being pregnant is one out the producers would allow for any and every time.

Tanya initially struck me as fairly bland, but after her going out of her way to help spread the news about Eva's financial situation and then adding a dig about Eva bringing expensive flowers to Porsha's baby reveal party, she's striking me as far less sunshine-y than originally played.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Irritable said:

Porsha handled that shit show reveal party a lot better than I would have, and I’m not even pregnant.  That was a weak low-rent display, and that party planner is going to be lucky to get any decent events after not being able to pull off what was almost a glorified kid’s birthday party. I’m glad everyone made the most of it, 

This made me so mad I almost went cross-eyed.  If I were Dennis (Porsha is pregnant and emotional, so let Dennis handle it), I wouldn't have done any cursing, but I would have had contract in hand and demanded why paragraph 4, section 2, "the vendor is supposed to supply a fully inflated tent..." wasn't fulfilled.  The worst part?  Was when Mr. Party Planner was handing out confetti things (sorry, I don't know what they are, but I just know they went to the guests so that they could blast pink or blue confetti) out of a huge cardboard box. No. Fucking. Bueno.  You hand that shit out from a decorative bag or bowl, not the wholesale cardboard box from which it came. I don't care what Porsha and Dennis negotiated; any reputable party planner just wouldn't go below the standard of care so as to create an aesthetic nightmare.  I wouldn't hire them for the opening of an envelope. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Nene is so fucking jealous that Cynthia has a Seagram's endorsement deal she can't stand it. Nene doesn't want to see anyone succeed 

That part didn't even occur to me.  Oh, but dontcha know--Nene just got signed for a TV deal (gag).

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kenya showed remarkable restraint in not giving Nene the business. If Porsha and Kenya can co-exist after their issues, why couldn't Nene do the same and just be there for Cynthia.  She has to make everything about herself, she is truly a narcissist.

The way Nene was acting at that final scene at the restaurant, and at Cynthia's party, was the way someone who has the fear of God of losing control has in them.  When Nene was crying (!) that Cynthia invited Kenya without Nene'a expressed, written notarized permission (or something), it reminded me of me and my first boyfriend when I was very young.  I'm not proud of this, but at a certain juncture in our relationship, I began to try to control his every move at all times, and I wasn't sure why.  I had been really independent up to that point.  But there was something going on that I can't put my finger on to this day where, if my first boyfriend did something that I felt I didn't have complete control over--such as, I don't know--planning a guys' sushi night, but planning nothing with me, I would act exactly like Nene, complete with the tears and the ultimatums.  It was mostly about control and fear, and it was wrong. Now that I look back on it, it was a feeling of inferiority, and, if I don't run this person's life, they're going to pick an option better than me.  To say I have grown a lot since that time would be an understatement. Now my attitude is, if you don't like me, don't fuck with me, and I won't fuck with you, thank u next!

But my teenage angst is the same type of energy off of which I think Nene is feeding, but she is a grown woman, and she is trying to control every motherfucker up in here (to borrow from Kandi) instead of just a SO.  Not that it's not shitty behavior across the board, but check yourself before you put this out there for TV cameras.  Whoever said Nene should have had the restraint to sit this season out, go to the head of the class.

Kenya denying Nene an opportunity for screen time with her made me weep with a little joy.  Such a thing of beauty!

Nene asking rhetorically if Kenya is giving birth to a water buffalo made me want to ask Nene what genus and species she is giving birth to with those ginormous hips and ass.

I can't wait for Nene to get served at the reunion!  What is she/Andy going to do next season?  Have Kim return (again) cause broke ass bitch needs the paycheck so that Nene can have a sycophant in her corner?  Good, let them burn themselves down together, as they tell us how fabulous they are.  It will be like Nero fiddling as Rome burns.

I can't wait for the day of reckoning aka the reunion. Maybe they will all run Nene out of town completely (but she keeps turning up like a bad penny; remember the season when Claudia Jordan was on and Nene brought her psychiatrist onto the reunion, and when Nene walked off, they made a video about how much they loved her?)  For fuck's sake...  

To say Gregg wouldn't be eating without Nene's money?  Um, Nene?  Gregg has several children who are in their 20s, 30s and 40s who wouldn't allow that to happen.  Step away slowly and let this poor man try to save his life, Trash Box.  

In summation, I loathe Nene.  

• Love 22
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Buffalo

Nene really has no room to speak on that - her sons are not exactly looking all fit, fab and muscular at any point during their lives that we've seen them.  Something tells me they were not exactly tiny babies when they were born.

I'm not a fan of Kenya's, but I thought she looked stunning and was glowing.  Happy for her that she has a beautiful, healthy baby girl!  Nene, I think, is super jealous that Kenya has moved on, and is happy, and looks fabulous!

• Love 13

No update on Kandi's surrogacy? 

Someone asked her about it on WWHL recently and she was very vague and looked over at Andy a couple of times and would only say that she's moved forward in the process but it definitely seemed like she was holding back information like maybe her surrogate is confirmed pregnant...at one point she mouthed the word babies so the jumping to conclusions part of my brain is thinking that she's either going to get a special or it will be announced in association with Bravo which is why she couldn't answer the question outright.

14 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I was trying to figure out why Nene didn't attend Porsha's gender reveal party and she said something about how Porsha (more than any of the other wives) doesn't support others' events so that's why she didn't go. But that didn't seem right to me. I'd forgotten about closet-gate. Although even that doesn't quite fit, because they had a make-up discussion at Eva's wedding about the closet situation.

Kandi skipping Porsha's party seemed logical given their still strained relationship (going back to Phaedra-rape-gate) and that Porsha has not come to any of Kandi's events. I do give Porsha a bit of a pass, because pregnant, but I also think P has used her pregnancy this season as an excuse to get out of what she didn't want to attend. They're all contracted to appear at each other's events - otherwise no show - but I'm guessing being pregnant is one out the producers would allow for any and every time.

Tanya initially struck me as fairly bland, but after her going out of her way to help spread the news about Eva's financial situation and then adding a dig about Eva bringing expensive flowers to Porsha's baby reveal party, she's striking me as far less sunshine-y than originally played.

Nene is so full of shit because on WWHL she said the only reason she didn't attend Porsha's baby shower is because she had to film a pilot in Canada, otherwise she would have definitely been there (this was right before they filmed the reunion and she had no idea that Porsha would come for her ass). She also co-signed fans defending her about the closet situation because so many celebrities are targeted and robbed and it's understandable that she wouldn't want her closet to be filmed (meanwhile she admitted that her closet wasn't together in a way where she would proudly show it off and she has also filmed her closet before and has done one of her youtube videos inside her closet. All this to highlight the point that Nene will co-sign any and every excuse someone will give her to justify her nasty behaviour...often times, her fans think of more clever excuses than the stupidity that runs through her head and prompts her foolishness in front of the cameras.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I thought it was Shamari who said this.  Then again, I was only half paying attention. 

• Love 4