Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Kody's Secret Plan

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Yeah, let's move to Flag within a month because they bought empty land. Oh, and rented at least $12,000/month worth of homes.

The Kody's Ginormous Ply House story line is just too ridiculous. Anyone who has watched this show for any length of time know that the wives won't do it. But I guess Kodouche will do anything to keep the gravy train rolling...

No Aspyn, they aren't trying to fill a void, they are running from financial doom. Plus Robyn said so.

I love your comments, lol!!

• Love 12

So, who's all gonna be manning the boards, tonight? We all ready for this zzhitstorm of eyebrow raising financing, Cootie stomping his feet and demanding while Robyn snaps her thong, commanding? Snarkers, fire up them laptops, tablets, and cellphones and let the fun commence!☻

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Since Meri was bawling while signing the divorce papers, I believe Christine was mistaken when she said it was her idea.  And now that Kody has legally adopted Robyn’s kids, I wonder why he doesn’t just divorce her and remarry Meri.

Kody, the Rocket Scientist, said on tape that he plans to lie to the County with regards to the home he plans to build.  Someone should probably inform him that it’s doubtful that a woman who is married to a man that has three other wives, can ever feel that she is the only woman in their intimate world.

Kody seems to be with Christine more than his other wives.  Can't help but wonder if he lives with her full time.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 18

Does everyone think he has sex with all of them or at least 3 of them?  We pretty much know, Meri is  no.  I think Janelle is a no also and he's only sleeping with Christine and Robyn.

• Love 21

The major thing I got from this episode:  there was absolutely NO thought put into this move.  I had hoped it was well organized behind the scenes and they were leaving it a mystery only to us the viewers.  Based on the discussions at the table about finding rental homes and the genuine surprised looks on their faces they seemed to have NO CLUE what each other was doing.  They had no clue on each others timelines for actually/physically moving.  They had no clue who as renting and who was buying,  How did Kody justify a major expenses like this and not put together a unified plan. HOW?

Also, Christine - I'm not buying what you are trying to sell in regards to "there were no rentals so I had to buy a house in Flagstaff".  A quick look on Zillow disputes this,  There are/were tons of houses for rent in Flagstaff,  There was no urgency to buy a house.  Especially without taking into consideration how far away this newly purchased house would be from all the other rentals.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Also, Christine - I'm not buying what you are trying to sell in regards to "there were no rentals so I had to buy a house in Flagstaff".  A quick look on Zillow disputes this,  There are/were tons of houses for rent in Flagstaff,  There was no urgency to buy a house. 

But BUT she couldn't find a rental that allowed cats! She HAD to buy a house so she could keep her cat!

(Ok, so would I, but not a half million dollar place).

• Love 19

Please explain WHY they can't justify the move. Wouldn't it be okay to say that they wanted to be near Dayton? Isn't it okay to say they wanted to get away from the bad influence in Vegas? Robyn has become very evangelical lately and I am sure she wants her other children to be away from what she perceives as immoral. Likely her kids were not able to find friends and fit into a Vegas high school and so they all move. But why couldn't they talk about their real motivation?

(and also they are likely to find out that any high school has quite the mixture of influences)

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

No Aspyn, they aren't trying to fill a void, they are running from financial doom. Plus Robyn said so.

I wonder how many of their 19 moves involved skipping out on rent/mortgages. I loved Robyn's crying she doesn't know why Flagtstaff. Wasn't the whole reason her kid and her parents? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

So Meri loves this plural lifestyle so much that she buried the cherished  “Colada” ring FIVE years ago. She must not have cared if she ever got it back 😝

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

Since when did this become the Kody & Christine show? Most of the interactions took place in her house, with her, but what about his daily life with Robyn & Jeanelle?

(I specifically left out Meri because, tbh, there probably isn’t a whole lot to show there)

Edited by Bananas1313
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Time capsule said “Do not open until 2018”. So they planned to dig it up now? They knew they would be moving?? This revealed that they always knew they would be getting out once the interest only mortgages expired. 

This was my first thought as well.  I was very surprised to see that sign on the box, because I always thought the purpose of a time capsule was for other people to discover it years and years into the future. Who knows with these folks though?

Edited by Teafortwo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Time capsule said “Do not open until 2018”. So they planned to dig it up now? They knew they would be moving?? This revealed that they always knew they would be getting out once the interest only mortgages expired. 

I think they knew they'd dig it up in 2018, not necessarily that they would move. The letters they put inside were things they thought would happen in 5 years. Honestly thats not really the way a time capsule works. They didn't have to bury it. If they wanted to see it in 5 years, just put them in a safe and don't open.

I had a teacher freshman year who made us write letters to ourselves in 5 years. She mailed them to us when we were all about to enter college.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 3
  • Love 15

Robyn should like never talk like ever.  Like ever. 

All the like talk just drives me crazy.  And her other expression, and we're just sittin' here like, when she is up walking around is another one that drives me crazy.

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Bananas1313 said:

Since when did this become the Kody & Christine show? Most of the interactions in this episode took place in her house, but what about his daily life with Robyn & Jeanelle?

(I specifically left out Meri because, tbh, there probably isn’t a whole lot to show there)

I have a feeling that Kody is living with Christine full time.  Now that Robyn is the legal wife and has given him two blessings, it seems as if she is keeping him at arms length; except when it comes time to make major family decisions.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I’m thinking Areola has more to do with it.  He mentioned that she tends to keep Robyn up til 1am (seriously?).  I think he is not up for the little kid hassles at night and early morning, thus Christine’s house is more comfortable as her kids are older. 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I’m thinking Areola has more to do with it.  He mentioned that she tends to keep Robyn up til 1am (seriously?).  I think he is not up for the little kid hassles at night and early morning, thus Christine’s house is more comfortable as her kids are older. 

Sounds to me like little Areola rules the roost at Robyn's nest.  I think she is still co-sleeping with Robyn (hopefully on the nights Kody is not there) and a few weeks ago Kody said that he had to be there to feed Areola when Robyn went to Seattle.  Good Grief!, they have a full-time nanny with Mindy, surely she is able to feed the child.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I think they knew they'd dig it up in 2018, not necessarily that they would move. The letters they put inside were things they thought would happen in 5 years. Honestly thats not really the way a time capsule works. They didn't have to bury it. If they wanted to see it in 5 years, just put them in a safe and don't open.

I had a teacher freshman year who made us write letters to ourselves in 5 years. She mailed them to us when we were all about to enter college.

It’s also not how Affirmations work.  You write down stuff I the present tense and then try to keep that idea in front of you regularly so that you can consistently calibrate your actions towards fulfilling it.

You don’t write them down AND BURY THEM!!!

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

That time capsule was such a dud! Full of moldy crap like shoes and junky toys and sad letters full of unfulfilled hopes and dreams. What a waste of digging effort. 

Well, Sol got a watch out of it.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

One day, Christine will wake up and realize why Flagstaff was chosen, and why she was dragged further away from most of her family in Utah, and the shit will really hit the fan. Not Janelle though, the human potato. She’ll just shrug and make up some excuses. 

Didn't you get the impression that they all already know, but are being "P.C." for the viewing audience - probably because Kody told them they couldn't say anything?  When Aspyn and Christine were talking, Christine said they would move again in 5 years.  That's probably how long it will take Dayton to get a degree... and then they can go elsewhere.  Like they could SERIOUSLY unload that honking huge house Kody wants built?  How many polygamist families are in Flagstaff that would want to buy it?

1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

Well, Sol got a watch out of it.

I am not a fan of Solomon usually, but his joy in that time capsule was adorable.  I hope he enjoys the watch, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Anyone else shocked that in Kody's dream home, that Robyn gets the most square footage, and she gets two master bedrooms so Dayton can have one? Wow since it's at least two years out Robyn really is planning for Dayton to live with her for most of his adult life, even after college.

Like Meri is going to settle for a 1500 foot home.

That was so absurd it's gross.  If you want a successful polygamist marriage you need to be FAIR to all.  There is no way in hell she needs that much room.  And I don't see why Dayton can't eventually grow up and get his own place - even if it's nearby and he gets a lot of support from family.  Aspergers isn't a sentence to be stuck in the basement of your mom's house playing video games all day long for the rest of your life and from what I have seen he appears to be high functioning.  HEY - if he can go to college.....

• Love 24
1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

Does everyone think he has sex with all of them or at least 3 of them?  We pretty much know, Meri is  no.  I think Janelle is a no also and he's only sleeping with Christine and Robyn.

Frank Costanza:
Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

I mentioned this in the live thread, but for all of their talk about how they’re all really really married for reals, what did we hear from every single wife?  Whining about how “ I have to go pack my house.

for all practical purposes they are all living as single mothers.  And of course that’s how 3 of them get to free load off of the rest of us.

I've known people who like to travel.  But never people who like to relocate over and over just for the hell of it.  And if that’s truly your lifestyle, why the hell are you buying land and building every time instead of just renting or going condo?

Christine: “cohabitatimg with my sister wives is NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN!”

Also Christine: “ I can never move back to Utah since they changed the law” (You know, the law that says if you’re not cohabitating you’re not breaking it?)

• Love 18

im in Phoenix and know the Flagstaff area well. They are lying about all of it. makes me sick. The rental market is not what these idiots say/And they are not that far apart for kody to drive. It's not that  big a town. Robyns rental costs far more than Janelles so to say the rents are desparate is a lie/ Robyn is in a 6,500 dollar rental and meri is in a 3,600 a month rental 

• Useful 8
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, toodles said:

I'm just watching now and I'm behind on the chatter.  Christine is pissed because she has to take title and the mortgage as a single woman?  I'll guarantee she took title to the Vegas house as a single woman.  She wasn't worked up then?  What a dope

Well, this comment this week plus her drooling over Aspyn's marriage license and certificate has convinced me that Christine wants her chance to be the married wife, and if Kody can divorce Meri to marry Robyn, then why shouldn't Robyn divorce Kody and let Christine have a chance at the legal title.  As I have said before,  maybe plural marriage multiplies love for Kody, but it divides it for the women who have to share him, although I think at certain times they are just as glad he is unavailable.   I think Meri is over it, and is just phoning it in. I think the show could be just as boring and aimless without Meri as it is with her.

• Love 12

Moving 19 times sounds like an exaggeration. He married Meri in 1990, Janelle in 1993, Christine in 1994 and Robyn in 2010. They lived in the Lehi house for how long, at least a few years, right? 3-4 years? They lived in Vegas for 6 years so Lehi and Vegas is about 10 years. Did they stay less than a year in 17 different homes (towns)?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6