Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Kody's Secret Plan

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Or how about this...they hire a REAL therapist to delve deep into all of the actual reasons WHY these women loathe each other so much, they can't even drive to the same quack therapist in the same car even though they live across the street from each other.  Let's hear all about Janelle's first husband!  Let's go deep into Robyn's sick, twisted brain and find out why she thinks she has actually been a part of this fam'ly since Day One.  Let's find out why Janelle is a Strive consultant!  Or why Christine suddenly looks 15 years younger.  Or whatever happened to Christine's mom running the B&B, or the truth about why Meri went looking for love in all the wrong places.  Answer the REAL questions.

Yeah, I know............

No therapist needed.  They share a man, and he plays them against each other.  For the most part, they can't direct their feelings of anger or jealousy at Kootie because he'll just turn to a different "wife" and freeze out the one who is currently a problem.  Their only outlet for those negative feelings is to take it out on one or more of the other "wives".  

It doesn't matter what kind of positive spin they try to put on polygamy.  It's a toxic situation.  

• Love 15
10 hours ago, suomi said:

I think the morning after would be ten times worse than the night before.

Bumping elbows in the kitchen while everyone gets breakfast the next morning? Ho hum, yep, the headboard banged the wall for what seemed like hours, golly gee, are we out of cornflakes again?

Or, watching her make and serve his breakfast while they bask in the afterglow?

He gets his own breakfast because otherwise it's too obvious that they are in the afterglow? 

You cook for and serve everyone because they are ding-y from lack of sleep?

You stay in your room until you hear their cars leave but you can't help hearing the murmur of their voices and their laughter? (Did someone say "I'll give you an hour to stop that" ... ?)

He leaves early to avoid both of you and you're bumping elbows with someone who is humming and half-smiling and looking into the distance while making her own damn breakfast?

It's the stuff of nightmares and I do not comprehend how people dill with it.

Well, supposedly they’ll have separate kitchens in the Big House but you are absolutely right about the day-after horror as you maneuver around the mobile home. Dear god. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

No therapist needed.  They share a man, and he plays them against each other.  For the most part, they can't direct their feelings of anger or jealousy at Kootie because he'll just turn to a different "wife" and freeze out the one who is currently a problem.  Their only outlet for those negative feelings is to take it out on one or more of the other "wives".  

It doesn't matter what kind of positive spin they try to put on polygamy.  It's a toxic situation.  

I agree with you.  I do remember Janelle saying that they didn't want a therapist that would tell them (truthfully!) that polygamy was their problem!  Imagine paying money for therapy, and saying a big NO to hearing the honest truth!  SMH

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, outtahere said:

It's nice to have you back Dakota, missed your intelligent and humorous comments.

Glad to be back and thrilled that I don't actually have to watch the show to get the good bits 👌

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

Just saw that HGTV produced an episode of a series called House Full of Spouses with the Dargers.  Wonder if Kody is angling to be on this show??

I'm guessing TLC won't permit Kody to be on a show aired on a different network. It's interesting though because I remember after the TLC special the Dargers did some years back, Joe D tweeted about how intrusive being on reality TV was and that they weren't going to do it again.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm guessing TLC won't permit Kody to be on a show aired on a different network. It's interesting though because I remember after the TLC special the Dargers did some years back, Joe D tweeted about how intrusive being on reality TV was and that they weren't going to do it again.

...well. He WAS a totally creepy ass dude and no network would want to put him on reality TV again...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

...well. He WAS a totally creepy ass dude and no network would want to put him on reality TV again...

At least the wives were able to share a kitchen!

And to me, all those polygamy dudes are pretty creepy.  The possible exception being the old boot-throwing patriarch on that NatGeo series Polygamy USA.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Yesss! While I appreciate he ran a tighter ship then the Brown chaos, How totally gross that he married twin sisters making his children both siblings and cousins. Just bizarre.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Yesss! While I appreciate he ran a tighter ship then the Brown chaos, How totally gross that he married twin sisters making his children both siblings and cousins. Just bizarre.

He also married a cousin to the twins, making it far too convoluted for me to decipher the family wreath.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/10/2019 at 9:26 AM, Just Wondering said:

Just saw that HGTV produced an episode of a series called House Full of Spouses with the Dargers.  Wonder if Kody is angling to be on this show??

I may have to watch this.  I read their book and it was very interesting.  Yes all the women seem to be the ones to make a first move in this religion.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, neh said:

Oh, crazy, you don't know humidity......The humidity in my neck.of the woods is 84% and it is only 10 am.

Well we have 80% humidity with a temp of 84° and its 5 am, yes I understand what you are feeling. 

• LOL 2
On 5/10/2019 at 12:37 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Remember when Joe Darger & fam were in a SW episode?  Meri was admiring Joe's organizational skills, and even said "I could be married to that."  Kootie must have turned green.

Meri seems very organized and has definite ideas about how things should be done. I'm sure she finds those same traits in JD very appealing. If I recall correctly, Christine is an admirer as well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Meri seems very organized and has definite ideas about how things should be done. I'm sure she finds those same traits in JD very appealing. If I recall correctly, Christine is an admirer as well. 

Yes, she always seems to be one step ahead of everyone else.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Oh yeah, and Christine was all set to marry off the Brown kids with the Dargers.  Plygster all the way, dear Christine.  

• Love 4