Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Kody's Secret Plan

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Her house resembled the LV houses.  I too now can't remember where Kootie went to have his "dream house, never gonna happen" plans drawn up.  Did it start with a G?  Someone will remember.

"Dream house, never going to happen" plans. Right on!

I don't remember the name of the town either, but it was somewhere in AZ.  Surprised he didn't go to someone in Utah, where they would be far more conversant with the needs and designs of plyg houses that could function.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

If only because he said on camera that he was going to skirt the regulations. What are the odds that someone watching the show lives in the Flagstaff area and thinks he's an arrogant douche, so will give a heads up to the inspectors as soon as they start building?

If you're going to ignore building codes, it probably isn't a great idea to admit it on TV before one starts building. But goodness knows I could be wrong.

This is what makes me think this will never be built and the whole plan-behind-MY WIVES’- backs is a plot contrivance. 

• Love 17

Has anybody here, who resides in Flagstaff, personally  seen or heard about a dwelling(s) being constructed on the Brown’s land at Coyote Pass?  Is the land still untouched.  Thanks.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Kody's meeting with the architect was laughable.  "They need to feel like each has her own castle and keep." Pointing very exaggeratedly at each woman's name:  "The bedrooms can't be NEAR EACH OTHER," describing with barely contained braggadocio: "When you're with one wife, she needs to feel like she's the ONLY WOMAN IN THE WORLD," nudge/wink. So he's going to have kitchens above/below bedrooms, soundproof walls, various square footages, in-law suites and god knows what else?  Wait... yet he's saying that they won't be able to pay their bills in the current situation (four houses in Vegas;  a newly bought house by Christine- er- THE single woman; a giant 7000 square foot mansion that Robyn prayed fervently for; two more rentals; and mortgages on their Coyote Pass dream land)?  And in the meantime, although the finances are perilous, they are able to throw a party for Aspyn and Mitch on the heels of their rather expensive looking wedding, with food enough to feed another 100 or so guests?  They drive 6 or more late-model SUVs? They can toot off to Seattle for a girls' hat-weekend or take numerous cars to drive to Flagstaff multiple times? Something isn't sitting right.

Poor little Truely broke my heart.  "It will take me years to get over it."  Honey, someday you'll realize that your dad and moms are all buffoons who just continually run away from their responsibilities.  (The scene of them fleeing Utah in the night- with the superimposed sirens sounding over the hubbub- was a joke. The only thing I found interesting in that scene was that Meri's complexion looked normal in hue.

Robyn feels she is DROWNDING in Kody's rush to move to Flagstaff.  She's forgotten that she initiated it.

Kody's condescending tone with Christine bemoaning her "single woman" status: "You have this conversation once; I have to have it FOUR TIMES."  Suck it up, Mr. King Kody. You chose this life, so now you aren't entitled to gripe about all the estrogen surrounding you. 

Robyn didn't forget; she's a born liar.  Kootie is a complete and total idiot.  Narcissist, to boot.  They can both go pound sand.

• Love 6

About the move 19 times... years ago on some other message board (or maybe this one before it got changed??)...I read for the time the accounts about J’s first husband being Meri’s brother and J’s mom and K’s dad being married.  That same poster talked about K&M living in a trailer on family land, moving trailer somewhere else, then moving into a bigger or nice trailer in the same park.  I assume some of the moves were like that.  No furniture, just pack your clothes, sheets and dishes and walk down the street. 

Edited by Soaper410
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, suomi said:

He could, and he might, but if he tried to pursue something legally or by generating unfavorable publicity to make it look like he's being discriminated against he would be throwing sand into the gears. Everything could come to a halt because of hearings and response times to notices/filings/motions and an uncooperative bureaucracy ... x4 houses! They are TPTB and he's just a loudmouth. If he thinks he could succeed at being Plyg Crusader when the building trades are involved, he's got another think coming. 

Well, as we saw with the Utah move, he wouldn't really have to try to build the house, only pretend to. Just like he pretended to be chased out of Utah. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think generally there are draftsmen who work for architects and draw the blueprints with input from the architect.  I agree this scene was really odd.  I forget what town he went to.   I guess no architect firms wanted to be filmed with a client talking about how to skirt the building codes and restrictions.   I just thought it was funny that they were doing this at her dining room table. 

We had an employee who has worked for us a a draftsman for over 25 years.  He can draw up plans, which is why we pay him, but it's our (my husband & I are both licensed) stamp, and our liability.   NO reliable architect would sign off on this disaster. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6

Christine would be horrified to know that unmarried women were officially known as "spinsters" on legal documents until as recently as 2005 in England and Wales (and the 1960-70s in Canada and parts of the US).  The men are and were always known as "bachelors" to make it known that nobody else has claim to your money or property unless you so designated it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2

I'm probably going to think/say this every episode, but man do I want to grab a Noxzema cleansing cloth, take it to Meri's face and get rid of that orange make up (if it is make up) eye shadow, eyeliner and eyebrows. Yeah, I'm being shallow.

Christine, Meri and Janelle's couch interview where Christine says, "I'm glad Robyn's not here because she would cry." And then we see Meri laughing and Janelle smirking.

Quite telling, isn't it?

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Christine would be horrified to know that unmarried women were officially known as "spinsters" on legal documents until as recently as 2005 in England and Wales (and the 1960-70s in Canada and parts of the US).  

Yup.  I was listed as a spinster when I bought my first house in 1981.  Almost refused to sign the papers.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

They got all that junk from some visit to a "center" in Pennsylvania, I believe.

Grand Blanc, Michigan

2 hours ago, suomi said:

If he thinks he could succeed at being Plyg Crusader when the building trades are involved, he's got another think coming. 

NEVER mess with the building trades...or the garbage union.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Thank you!  I guess my G guess was wrong.  

To be fair, it’s pronounced “Preskit”, which isn’t quite how it’s spelled.  I could see it sounding like there is a G in there. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Meowwww said:

To be fair, it’s pronounced “Preskit”, which isn’t quite how it’s spelled.  I could see it sounding like there is a G in there. 

Edited just now by Meowwww

And only us Arizona folks (zonies) know how to pronounce it! I think Kody pronounced it the way everyone else does: Press-Cot. That is probably the "g" you heard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Since she said she has never met an "plyg" before, curious what his connection is to the woman in Prescott.

Flagstaff's pop is approx 65,000 while Prescott is approx. 39,000. Surely he could have found someone in Flag.

Heck he could drive another hour and half (if there isn't an accident on I-17)  and go to Phoenix, where he would have a plethora of options for his covert project.

Oh, those cagey Browns!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

. The only thing I found interesting in that scene was that Meri's complexion looked normal in hue.

Robyn feels she is DROWNDING in Kody's rush to move to Flagstaff.  She's forgotten that she initiated it.

YES YES YES!!!  (To both!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The doctor calling Ysabel pretty was the least offensive part! Right after he called her pretty he said it was "dangerous" and asked Kody if he has a shotgun! It sounded like the doctor was planning to kidnap her or something. Seriously, that was out there.

Can someone please tell Ysabel you can't exercise a spine curvature away? It's really messing with her sense of self.

The sister wives all want to live across town from each other and Kody wants an easy commute. Janelle accidentally getting a house on the edge of town was hilarious. Sure Janelle. They will all accidentally get houses on the edge of town.

Edited by Soobs
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

I'm probably going to think/say this every episode, but man do I want to grab a Noxzema cleansing cloth, take it to Meri's face and get rid of that orange make up (if it is make up) eye shadow, eyeliner and eyebrows. Yeah, I'm being shallow.

Christine, Meri and Janelle's couch interview where Christine says, "I'm glad Robyn's not here because she would cry." And then we see Meri laughing and Janelle smirking.

Quite telling, isn't it?

If I were sitting on that couch with them I would have started chortling.  😄

• LOL 8

So Kody wants the giant plyg house to have a master suite for Robyn’s parents. But everyone went apeshit when Meri asked for a LOAN to buy Lizzie’s, which would provide a home for her mom. 

meri gets screwed right, left, and sideways. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, toodles said:

Sorry.  My quote went just wonky.

I have a friend who is from Pakistan.  Evidently, polygamy is practiced there.  I can't remember if it is a practice of his faith or not.  Anyway, he has an uncle who is a polygamist.  He said the way it's practiced there is that what one wife gets they all get equally.  One of his wives was dying of cancer and with the support and understanding of the other wives he was her primary caregiver.  Just what a loving husband should be.  The other wives lovingly cared for her too.

My point is if it's managed well, sister wives could be a good experience.  Kody plays one off the other and they are competing all the time for his attention and he loves it.  He spends more time on his hair than he does with some of his children.  He breeds anger and resentment in his family.

I'm not saying the wives wouldn't ban together if this type of care were necessary, but I would bet Kody would be MIA in the same situation.  Kody is a piss poor leader and an even worse husband. And it shows.

I agree he's all of that but I do believe any one of the four sister wives would give anything to be his only wife!  They adore him!

• Love 3

The camera quickly panned over Meri's time capsule message, the first two things she wrote.

My sister wife's closet will be a huge success! We will have employees and at least one actual store.

LIV will be booming. I will be regularly receiving $5,000 per month paychecks.

I wish they would have shown her reading those!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, kimaken said:

Isn't Flagstaff a college town? They should be able to rent out the place to college kids if Meri doesn't want to start up another B&B.

Coyote Pass is nowhere near the university.  NAH is just south of the downtown, within walking distance. No college student would want to live at Coyote Pass, which  looks like it's at least 20 miles from campus. 

I live in Arizona and my son attends NAU.  It is a beautiful campus and Flagstaff is a charming college town. I would love to retire there. It makes me sick that the Brown idiots are giving the area such a bad portrayal. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I don’t think any of them understand what building a home from scratch entails. The LV homes were built as part of a set development. They didn’t have to hire engineers, plumbers, graders, etc. They only had to decide which type of home they wanted from the models they were shown and what upgrades they wanted for the homes. Then they sat back as the homes were built. They don’t realize it will cost more to do it on your own because they have to hire everyone, including a general contractor, architect, structural and civil engineers. They need structural, civil, architectural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical plans. The plans alone will cost tens of thousands of dollars. Plus, they will have to pay for the revisions when the city wants changes. I stand firm in my belief those homes will never be built in Arizona. 

Another concern I haven't seen raised is water. Water is The biggest issue in Arizona when it comes to buying raw land.  The property is so far out, I doubt it is connected to the city water supply. If it is even possible to connect to the city water, it could cost tens of thousands of dollars to get city water connected.  If they can't get city water, can they drill a well?  Is there even water available for drilling and is it sufficient to support that mob? Do they even own the water rights? Without adequate potable water the land is junk. Can the Browns get any dumber?

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Gennacide said:

Yeah when I visited Vegas I decided I would NEVER live there.  It's way too muggy, hot, and sticky for my liking and I live in NY which is pretty muggy too. 

Vegas is HOT, like opening your oven door every time you walk out. But muggy? No, it's insanely dry. I'm in VA, which is definitely muggy in the summer- 98 degrees, 85% humidity.  I prefer neither.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

Another concern I haven't seen raised is water. Water is The biggest issue in Arizona when it comes to buying raw land.  The property is so far out, I doubt it is connected to the city water supply. If it is even possible to connect to the city water, it could cost tens of thousands of dollars to get city water connected.  If they can't get city water, can they drill a well?  Is there even water available for drilling and is it sufficient to support that mob? Do they even own the water rights? Without adequate potable water the land is junk. Can the Browns get any dumber?

The land has trees, and it sings to them. Those are the only two concrete criteria they have given for this move, besides the impression they have that more conservative people live in Flagstaff. They haven't considered anything you mention above, just like they haven't thought about whether super-conservative people would even associate with them, since they are in essence living an alternative lifestyle. None of these morons have noticed that the reason they are so well received in Las Vegas is that the city is pretty liberal, and people with alternative lifestyles are accepted under the Live and Let Live clause. 

• Love 19
21 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Because they won’t say on camera “ it was Robyn’s idea”.  We all know that’s the truth. 

I'm really confused. Why do "we" believe the move to Flagstaff was Robyn's idea when all we see is her lamenting about the move?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Poor little Truely broke my heart.  "It will take me years to get over it."  Honey, someday you'll realize that your dad and moms are all buffoons who just continually run away from their responsibilities.  (The scene of them fleeing Utah in the night- with the superimposed sirens sounding over the hubbub- was a joke. The only thing I found interesting in that scene was that Meri's complexion looked normal in hue.

I remember watching that back in the day, but the "Hurry, hurry!" and the superimposed sirens...just ridiculous.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I know - right? I was fuming through all her fake questioning of why Kootie is so determined to move RIGHT NOW. Robyn, we all know YOU are the one determined to move into the McMansion and if your husband has his way, your new 3500 sq. foot apartment within a boxy structured big plyg house.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Vegas is HOT, like opening your oven door every time you walk out. But muggy? No, it's insanely dry. I'm in VA, which is definitely muggy in the summer- 98 degrees, 85% humidity.  I prefer neither.

I'm in VA too. Vegas is dry hot. Virginia is almost unbearably humid in July and August.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Quite telling, isn't it?

I'll be shallow too but I wonder if Meri gets Botox injections.  The lower half of her face never moves.

• Useful 1

Kody is an idiot.  Also, he obviously isn't planning on making Flagstaff their forever home if he's designing a house for the "now" and not for the "future."  Though this ridiculous house will never sell.

If he really was designing a forever home, why wouldn't each "wing" be the same size as all his wives are, in theory, equal?  He could have one main dining/living room area with the separate kitchens surrounding it.  Each kitchen could also have a breakfast nook for that immediate family.  Each wife could have a master bedroom.  Then just COMBINE all the other bedrooms.  If you're really living under one room and these are all siblings and family, just put all the extra bedrooms in a communal area.  They don't have to be separated by wings - just accessible by each wing.  Maybe the first floor is the main living area + master bedrooms, and the second (and third?) floor is all the extra bedrooms for all the kids/guests.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Adira said:

Kody is an idiot.  Also, he obviously isn't planning on making Flagstaff their forever home if he's designing a house for the "now" and not for the "future."  Though this ridiculous house will never sell.

If he really was designing a forever home, why wouldn't each "wing" be the same size as all his wives are, in theory, equal?  He could have one main dining/living room area with the separate kitchens surrounding it.  Each kitchen could also have a breakfast nook for that immediate family.  Each wife could have a master bedroom.  Then just COMBINE all the other bedrooms.  If you're really living under one room and these are all siblings and family, just put all the extra bedrooms in a communal area.  They don't have to be separated by wings - just accessible by each wing.  Maybe the first floor is the main living area + master bedrooms, and the second (and third?) floor is all the extra bedrooms for all the kids/guests.

Most zoning laws will not allow multiple kitchens.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Soobs said:

Can someone please tell Ysabel you can't exercise a spine curvature away? It's really messing with her sense of self.

She was also crying because she thought if the curvature was worse it would be her fault,  then Kody would be mad at her for not exercising (trying) hard enough. How sad is that?  Every one of these adults repulse me. 

• Love 15
On 3/25/2019 at 8:55 AM, kimaken said:

I wonder if the 1500 sf designated for Meri will be the final straw for her to call it quits? Of course, she could go rent some space in downtown Flagstaff to set up her LLR business (at least as long as they're still in business) so she won't need space in her home for her business stuff.

1500 sf is PLENTY.  my parents are downsizing and building a house that will 1300-1500 sf and it's huge! 3 beds, 2.5 baths, open kitchen, dining and living with a mudroom and laundry. 

now granted they will also have an entire basement but the sf isn't included in that, i could never live without a basement but i suppose those that are used to no basements learn how to live without it. 

23 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Did I hear Kody telling Dawn King that in his version of Brown Towers, he will need yet another master bedroom for when Dayton comes home?  So Dawn has to draw up a plan with five master bedrooms, four kitchens, one giant kitchen for when the wives decide that they can cook mock-tapioca without killing each other, as well as four separate kitchens for when they want their space?  And Flagstaff will be cool with this gigantic compound being built?  Hahaha, what a doof.

And what about the grandmother's suite that he said Janelle needs?  Is it for her because she's the only actual grandma right now or because her mom will be moving in??? 

22 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

While this is a major surgery, I think Christine has frightened Ysabel so much, Ysabel will have trouble ever making this decision even if it becomes medically necessary. Isn't Christine the wife who was terrified of her toaster? 

Sounds like the Ysabel talking to the cousin who had the surgery is what's doing a doozy on her. 

21 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Where is all that cash coming from? Where did Christine get the money to buy a second home without selling the first one? We haven't seen anything on this show to demonstrate they have any other real source of income besides My Sister Wives Closet and LulaRoe. Is TLC really paying them that much money for this crappy show??

The MTV teen mom girls are making 6 figures easily - Im sure the Browns have plenty of money and laughing at us behind the scenes. 

I am actually really intrigued at what this giant house is going to look like.  I'm also curious if anyone has an idea of the cost comparison between building 4 individual houses vs one giant one. Would it save a ton of money? 

And how does it work with fancy mansions? Those always have a million kitchens and bedrooms and bathrooms.  

• Love 2
On 3/24/2019 at 8:04 PM, toodles said:

Robyn should like never talk like ever.  Like ever. 

All the like talk just drives me crazy.  And her other expression, and we're just sittin' here like, when she is up walking around is another one that drives me crazy.

Ugh, the whole lot of them use "like" about every fourth word and it drives me crazy.

I just want to be on set with a cattle prod and give them a jolt every time they utter that word.

I want to see Meri's head explode when she sees Kody has allotted her only 1500 SF in the new proposed compond.

That won't even house her craptastic Lularoe collection.  

• Love 6
17 hours ago, toodles said:

I have a friend who is from Pakistan.  Evidently, polygamy is practiced there.  I can't remember if it is a practice of his faith or not.  Anyway, he has an uncle who is a polygamist.  He said the way it's practiced there is that what one wife gets they all get equally.  One of his wives was dying of cancer and with the support and understanding of the other wives he was her primary caregiver.  Just what a loving husband should be.  The other wives lovingly cared for her too.

Pakistan is a Muslim majority country, and its legal in Islam to have up to four wives. But the husband has to treat them all equally. One gets a diamond bracelet, they all get a diamond bracelet. One gets two master bedrooms and an in-law suite, they all get two master bedrooms and an in-law suite. For practical purposes most people can't manage this.

13 hours ago, deirdra said:

Christine would be horrified to know that unmarried women were officially known as "spinsters" on legal documents until as recently as 2005 in England and Wales (and the 1960-70s in Canada and parts of the US).  The men are and were always known as "bachelors" to make it known that nobody else has claim to your money or property unless you so designated it.

Hahahahaha, someone needs to tell Christine she's a thornback.

She probably won't like it better than spinster, though....

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pakistan is a Muslim majority country, and its legal in Islam to have up to four wives. But the husband has to treat them all equally. One gets a diamond bracelet, they all get a diamond bracelet. One gets two master bedrooms and an in-law suite, they all get two master bedrooms and an in-law suite. For practical purposes most people can't manage this.

Hahahahaha, someone needs to tell Christine she's a thornback.

She probably won't like it better than spinster, though....

Thanks for the clarification.  My friend is Muslim as is his family.  I couldn't remember if it was Muslim practice or not and I didn't want to say something inappropriate. He told me the same thing about treating the wives equally as I mentioned. 

The reason I brought up the illness is because of the equal treatment (which I forgot in my post).   The other wives knew that if the time came, they trusted their husband to give them the same loving care. According to my friend, his uncle did not leave his wife's side the entire time she was ill. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

They just need to face the fact that they are really just "normies" with a haphazard man-sharing plan. 

This is the very best description of these people that I have ever heard, and it's 100% true.

18 hours ago, suomi said:

Oooh, Christine nearly slid off the TH couch when they showed footage of Maddie choreographing The Floss in the kitchen. Christine was Into It! Kody said it was "salacious" and Christine came off with "It's a stripper move!" and he put his finger to her lips to shut her the hell up.  

If it wasn't clear who is now getting the most visits from Lil' Kody - after that scene, it's as clear as day.  I just love how the wives have gone from wearing long-sleeved sausage casing shirts under tank tops because modesty, to swearing and talking about stripper moves.  Kody's leadership at work there, y'all.

14 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

And I think about how much gunk would be caked under her fingernails if she ran her hands down her cheeks.  I'll be shallow right there with you.

4 hours ago, lu1535 said:

I'm really confused. Why do "we" believe the move to Flagstaff was Robyn's idea when all we see is her lamenting about the move?

Because unless I'm mistaken (and I don't think I am), Robyn is a stealth bitch who erases her history at will, manipulated Meri into divorcing Kody, and deviously planned this move to Flagstaff along with Kody once she realized that Dayton would be going to college near there.  I don't believe any of her tears.  She is acting, she always has.  Watch an old episode and see who does most of the talking about the family - it's Robyn.  She thinks she knows things about the family and the kids from before she joined the family herself, and the other wives just sit there and let her babble.  When she says "we shoulda all been together from Day One," what she means is "I should've been with you all from Day One, running this show and directing Kody to do my bidding.  And now that's exactly what I'm doing."  She's evil.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Gennacide said:

Yeah when I visited Vegas I decided I would NEVER live there.  It's way too muggy, hot, and sticky for my liking and I live in NY which is pretty muggy too. 

I've never been there, but I couldn't have guessed it was muggy.  I live where it's a dry heat, and that is just fine with me.  Humidity is so uncomfortable, to me anyway.

Kootie is going off the rails, by now.  Hahaha that he has to get his lazy ass off of that ratty recliner to "commute" to have a conjugal visit, and visit his unfortunate kids (any except Robyn's.)  Oh who am I kidding?  He stays like a good doggy when Robyn says "sit."  

13 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

So Kody wants the giant plyg house to have a master suite for Robyn’s parents. But everyone went apeshit when Meri asked for a LOAN to buy Lizzie’s, which would provide a home for her mom. 

meri gets screwed right, left, and sideways. 

Kootie's punishment for her affair with Sam/bananarama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

These women can’t share a house for even one year while their latest dream homes are built?  Wouldn’t that be best for the family unity/togetherness and their finances if they HAD to move when they did? Why can’t they all suck it up and bunk in at Meri’s or Robin’s ginormous rentals temporarily? Instead they waste money on multiple mortgages and rentals. 

They not only share a dick they apparently share one lonely brain cell. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
On 3/25/2019 at 10:22 AM, xwordfanatik said:

I haven't read all the comments yet, but the early scenes were in Robyn's house.  The creepy rewritten history "Pitcher" was on the wall.  

I saw that, and of course I assume that the camera person purposely chose that wide shot to make sure it was visible! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Yup.  I was listed as a spinster when I bought my first house in 1981.  Almost refused to sign the papers.

I remember you saying that and I thought of it when Christine was talking about being listed as "single"! To think that they still used that term into the 80s! Or ever, really. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 5