Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Divided We Move

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I just don’t see it. Christine struck me as the one who was adamant about this property. I thought the other property was much prettier but honestly I could see Robyn’s point about having to clear land, wildfires, etc., hilly roads in the snow (I’m from Seattle and it doesn’t take much snow on a hill to be a serious pain). In any case, she did not seem to be the one orchestrating the choice. 

I was seriously annoyed at Kody asking Meri’s opinion, then mocking her basically for being honest. She never said she wouldn’t abide by the group decision, just that she preferred the first property. Why is she not allowed to feel that way? And Janelle bitching that she wasn’t enthusiastic enough. So I guess she should just lie  

Also annoyed at having to hear about what kind of underpants Kody will wear to the wedding. I guess they don’t wear the usual LDS garments... if they can choose to go commando. At a wedding. Oh, right, they don’t understand monogamist weddings. 

And can anyone explain CC&R? I think I only heard it explained 5+ times. 

Her talking heads were telling to me...in terms of her seeming so desperate when it was not going the way she wanted. Instead of saying...I’ll do what’s best for the family...she was saying stuff like - “I’m watching Janelle like a hawk”. Also what hit me was when she said she talked to Kody about it months ago in December but Kody did not present to wives until March. This made it seem like she has spoke with Kody awhile ago and set things in motion. Also...the “you are the first wife” comment was a lot and throwing shade at Meri in my opinion. Meri was clearly uncomfortable when they were talking about finalizing the purchase of Coyote Pass. When Kody started suddenly arguing it seemed in order to throw Kody off of herself Robyn said...”Well Meri has not said anything!” And It worked because Kody immediately attacked Meri.

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Those can’t really be his moobs, can they?? Fresh. Paging Dr Now!

sorry to be gross but isn’t this sort of a buzzkill for Mykelti? I mean, yikes. 

She’s not looking so hot these days either not to be mean. I hope the two of them can get on a healthier path. They are so young and both look washed up and worn out. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Mojoker said:

Robyn didn't say that. Christine said, "I'm the third wife; I know my place." Robyn said to Meri, "You're the first wife."

I suggest you re-watch that scene.  

• Love 17

Just checked out their lots via maps satellite and it’s not THAT bad. It’s a nice, quiet area. You can go outside and not hear traffic all day long. You can walk or run without worrying about city crap. You can see the stars as Flagstaff is a dark sky town. I think it’s pretty nice, but I grew up in the country. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, TurtlePower said:

Just checked out their lots via maps satellite and it’s not THAT bad. It’s a nice, quiet area. You can go outside and not hear traffic all day long. You can walk or run without worrying about city crap. You can see the stars as Flagstaff is a dark sky town. I think it’s pretty nice, but I grew up in the country. 

How far is it from the nearest utility line?  If it's going to cost $500,387.37 to run utilities the family may NEVER build their house/houses.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

This has made my day, I can’t help but giggle every time I see FT. Thank you ❤️

OMG. I thought that was that barbecue becky lady when I saw it. 

• LOL 4

Robyn didn't say that. Christine said, "I'm the third wife; I know my place." Robyn said to Meri, "You're the first wife."

Ironically, the land they bought isn't in either of the places they looked at on the show. Also, Meri and Janelle both have jobs.

Robyn definitely said something about being the fourth wife...it was an interesting exchange!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I was so exhausted last night that I was too tired to check to see if the kilt Mitch had was from the Thompson clan and Cody's was from the Brown clan tartan.   I would have liked more detail about that.  It seemed like Mitch said something like the one for Kody (I never can remember how to spell his name) was picked out because it was from a particular region in Scotland which made no sense to me as there was nothing said about where his ancestors lived in Scotland, if indeed they lived there.   

Mitch's plaid is similar to but not one of the official Thompson clan plaids. Kody's is ugly and doesn't appear to be an official Brown clan plaid either.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Ironically, the land they bought isn't in either of the places they looked at on the show. Also, Meri and Janelle both have jobs.

So what was that phone call that Kody took from the realtor who said the sellers agreed to their offer? Did Kody or the sellers back out?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Sol and Ariella are the only ones whose names he remembers.

Robyn's full of shit. She rules the roost and she knows it. She's being disingenuous.

Every last one of their houses looks like a Home Goods threw up in it.

Hey now, don't besmirch Home Goods! That's home decor utopia to some of us!

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, jenifaohjenny said:

Robyn definitely said something about being the fourth wife...it was an interesting exchange!

It's at about 27:50. Put on the closed caption if you want a laugh. It substitutes "eggs" for random words.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I could see Meri getting rip roaring drunk and being snarky and funny as hell. She can’t even contain it when she’s stone cold sober! I’m actually pulling for her to do better. Stay in Vegas, get on some ex-religious nut dating site, and live with your bad self in your bad patterns! I’d watch the hell out of her on blind dates while Kody hides in the bushes and Robyn sticks her final pins in her Meri doll! 

Snarky, indeed.  Too, after all these years I think Meri's eyes have finally been opened when it comes to Robyn.  Along with Cootie I think that in the beginning Meri kind of fell under Robyn's spell. Clearly, that spell has been broken.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Pasha Kitty said:

As for many of you criticizing Tony, it's mean.  He seems like a nice enough guy who just needs to loose some weight.

Apparently you just started watching or something and missed a lot of things Tony has said and done.    Oh well.  The thing about these boards is that we are ALLLLLL entitled to our own opinions.  Even if they aren't so.... nice.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

I just looked up the land lots on the Coconino County Assessor's site and all of them are listed as 9200 Coyote Pass, Flagstaff. Christine's house is on Bader Rd and is near the Coyote Pass properties.

Looks like Robyn DID get what she wanted.

The stealthy chin always gets what she wants....in this case valley of the plague

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

I can't really stand all this anymore. So they all go to Flagstaff  "3 days after Meri and Kody went," according to Meri. Later she says it was a few weeks past.  Anyway, it's a giant family trip to look at lots and "get everyone's opinion," which, to Kody, means, "influence everyone to agree with me."  Meri likes Cottonwood.  It's the one she prefers. Then she's berated and nagged by everyone that they want her to agree with them; they want to be sure she is in agreement- and of course she says that she preferred Cottonwood so they are all knitting their brows and tutting that she isn't swooning over the property and apparently doesn't hear angels singing.  Robyn's concerns about the  "giant hill" and "dirt road" (umm, they are building a neighborhood there, dummy.)  Kody's "womp, womp, womp" when Meri said Coyote Pass was okay was so condescending and dismissive.  And he says later  "I just don't understand why she is being this way" when all she did was say she didn't love the chosen property as much as everyone else did.

Christine, with her simpering, wispy voice saying "handsome man, your breakfast is ready," and calling him "love" with her pseudo-soothing attitude is so fake. And recent.  And another dismissive comment- when she tells her daughter, "I'm sorry you don't like it here but you don't have to stay any longer than 3 years." Way to empathize.  I moved a 15 year old 500 miles from what he knew and he was terribly unhappy. They have a pile of teens whom they seem to care very little about.  Kody is just steamrollering the whole thing. "WE'RE GOING. WE'RE GOING."

Petty asides: Meri's house is a pigsty. And who was the guy standing near Tony at the lots with the odd undershaven haircut? 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Petty asides: Meri's house is a pigsty. And who was the guy standing near Tony at the lots with the odd undershaven haircut? 

Oh - that was Mykelti.   

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Really? In my childhood neighborhood we had regular parties among our 4 back to back houses. It was very convenient. He seemed to stress that he didn't want the wives looking into each other's yards and being in  each other's business.

No, it's a Manssiere! 

(Kindle: add manssiere to dictionary? Me: Yes please.)

Kootie took a page right out of Big Love here.  The three wives in that show shared a backyard, and more than once got in each others' business.  The running for office in Utah?  Same thingk.  He only listens to Robyn.  The others can just "suck it up."  He'll be lucky if he doesn't end up on a Snapped episode.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 3/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, endure said:

I just don't get it (this move), the the only reason I can come up with is Kody is worried about ratings and losing their TLC income.  He thinks this will keep the show alive, thing is Kody, you are repeating yourself, been there done this already!  He doesn't care about his wives or kids.....or what the financial costs are.

I think Cody gets dissatisfied with his life and every time this happens he moves the whole family to a new location thinking it will solve all his problems.  Newsflash - it won’t!

20 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kootie took a page right out of Big Love here.  The three wives in that show shared a backyard, and more than once got in each others' business.  The running for office in Utah?  Same thingk.  He only listens to Robyn.  The others can just "suck it up."  He'll be lucky if he doesn't end up on a Snapped episode.

And I predict that the snapped episode will have you believing it was Meri but surprise it will actually be Robyn who does the deed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

With the part of Robyn being played by Barbara Parkins with a fake chin. 

Oh, I have to disagree.  Barbara Parkins is/was beautiful.  Remember Valley of the Dolls?  Robyn couldn't hold a candle.  

Robyn reminds me of Alice on the Brady Bunch.  Or Margaret Hamilton, the Wicked Witch of the West.

Edited by xwordfanatik
not sure about how she looks now.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes to boldface.  I mean, how naive must she be to not see the writing on the wall?  This is the same type of shenanigans that happened in her own family.  Plus, it's probably pretty common within their groups with women who do NOT want to practice the principle, who get pulled in with this line. I guess she has magical thinking that she will be so special to him that he won't dare go there, but, she's fooling herself.  If you don't want it, go with a mate who also, doesn't want it. 

But has it happened in their family? When Meri and Kody got married, didn't she know and expect that they would live plural marriage? I could be wrong, but I swore Meri said that at one point.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I agree.  Why ask Meri her opinion and then when she gives it you're mad at her if it doesn't match yours?  Meri can't win.  And it feels odd to defend Meri hahaha.

We only see Meri for a few minutes at a time, from a distance. I can't imagine what it must be like to be up close and personal with her passive-aggressive negativity all the time. It must be exhausting.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

You beat me to it!   I was irritated with Meri this entire episode.  The reason they keep asking her questions is because her face and posture make it very clear to everyone that she is pissed she didn’t get her pick of property.  She just mopes around, stays silent, and has a woe is me look plastered on her face.

No one expected her to do somersaults or lie about how she felt.  They simply wanted her to pull up her panties like a big girl and behave like an adult. 

Finally someone else was annoyed with Meri! My husband and I were rolling our eyes at her the entire time. My GOD, woman, you're in a plural relationship. You don't always get your way. She damaged the relationships by having her affair thereby slamming herself into the dog house. She's not top dog anymore because she can't be holier than thou when everyone knows what she did. I think she should be clued in when she claims it's always an issue when she's disagreeing with THEM. Perhaps she should consider that she's the issue. 

I do think Kody treats her with disdain and I don't even blame her for pursuing a relationship online, I would feel lonely too in her situation. But come on, stop acting confused about why "they're" treating you differently and move on to something that fulfills you. Depressing!

7 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

I’m going to give Christine a pass on this one. As a mother to 2 teenagers I just imagined that her daughter was complaining all damn day and miserable and negative and had nothing nice to say. I figured Christine was just over it! Ha ha

Me too. Everyone seems appalled but I talk to my kids like this sometimes. I love my kids more than anything and I literally spend my days working my fingers to the bone to provide them with a loving home, food, laughter, a warm house, art supplies, clothing, video games, supportive conversations, extra curriculars, cell phones, tablets, spending money, school supplies, vacations etc. I'm their hair-dresser, clothes picker outer, maid, cook, chauffeur, chaperone, the runner to school of all things forgotten...and you know what? Sometimes...sometimes the world doesn't revolve 100% around my kids. I've raised them to know that and I like it that way. They want for nothing but I would have no issue letting my child know they don't command my life choices based on their fickle teenage whims. Maybe I'm just a monster.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I can't really stand all this anymore. So they all go to Flagstaff  "3 days after Meri and Kody went," according to Meri. Later she says it was a few weeks past.  Anyway, it's a giant family trip to look at lots and "get everyone's opinion," which, to Kody, means, "influence everyone to agree with me."  Meri likes Cottonwood.  It's the one she prefers. Then she's berated and nagged by everyone that they want her to agree with them; they want to be sure she is in agreement- and of course she says that she preferred Cottonwood so they are all knitting their brows and tutting that she isn't swooning over the property and apparently doesn't hear angels singing.  Robyn's concerns about the  "giant hill" and "dirt road" (umm, they are building a neighborhood there, dummy.)  Kody's "womp, womp, womp" when Meri said Coyote Pass was okay was so condescending and dismissive.  And he says later  "I just don't understand why she is being this way" when all she did was say she didn't love the chosen property as much as everyone else did.

Christine, with her simpering, wispy voice saying "handsome man, your breakfast is ready," and calling him "love" with her pseudo-soothing attitude is so fake. And recent.  And another dismissive comment- when she tells her daughter, "I'm sorry you don't like it here but you don't have to stay any longer than 3 years." Way to empathize.  I moved a 15 year old 500 miles from what he knew and he was terribly unhappy. They have a pile of teens whom they seem to care very little about.  Kody is just steamrollering the whole thing. "WE'RE GOING. WE'RE GOING."

Christine is happy as a pig in shite that Meri was foisted from the throne. She's now Kody's number two and Robyn's new bestie. Super obvious.

6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Those can’t really be his moobs, can they?? Jeesh. Paging Dr Now!

sorry to be gross but isn’t this sort of a buzzkill for Mykelti? I mean, yikes. 

He has the same body as Jenelle.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Mojoker said:

We only see Meri for a few minutes at a time, from a distance. I can't imagine what it must be like to be up close and personal with her passive-aggressive negativity all the time. It must be exhausting.

Just seeing her on tv is exhausting!  Why doesn't she leave?  It's the show and the money!  She's not giving up her share of that pot of gold!

I'm sure her trip to help Mariah move will be come part of the show with dinners, hotels and airline tickets paid for by the network!

Meri is nothing without this show!

• Love 7

Fat Tony thought he was so special during the wedding when he was front and center!  I'm sure he thought he would go on to be a key player!!!

No way!  His day in the sun ended with street tacos!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

But has it happened in their family? When Meri and Kody got married, didn't she know and expect that they would live plural marriage? I could be wrong, but I swore Meri said that at one point.

Really?  I thought that Meri was unsure about it with Kody and that she had a lot of issues with Janelle as a sister wife....hmmm....I'll have to revisit it. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Kyanight said:

How far is it from the nearest utility line?  If it's going to cost $500,387.37 to run utilities the family may NEVER build their house/houses.

Not sure. There are other homes in the area, so it's possible the lots may already be close to utility lines. I live even more remotely than they do and the lots up here are prepped for when homes are built (about an hour from any city in either direction). I'll try to check if there's down time at work later. 

Been so busy I haven't even seen last week's episode let alone this week's! 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I have never been a Meri fan and have little respect for her, but she alone was the voice of reason in this whole land purchase fiasco.  Her suggestion that they rent homes before purchasing land until the sale of the LV homes made sense.  It would have given them the opportunity to investigate more than the 2 properties they looked at and after selling the LV homes, they would have known how much money they had to work with. 

The rest of them seem to be taking financial advice from their resident banker, FT.

Even if the move is for the tv show, the execution of it is not. They really are this stupid. They could have all moved into two houses in Las Vegas while selling the other two, and that would have made for good tv. They could have had one last fun night in Vegas.

In Flagstaff, they could have shown picking out the rentals instead of the land. They could have switched up the pairings from Vegas and then have a different pairing of wives live together in rentals. What we want to see is how plural marriage works - or doesn’t! - on a daily basis. The Browns are on their own by themselves getting financially overextended. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

This. I always say, “Don’t ask for my opinion if you don’t want to hear it.” I will keep my mouth shut otherwise.

My problem with the whole Kody and wives “meeting” was that it was pointless (like the cake tasting) to have if others didn’t want to hear any dissenting opinions. You’re really not voting if everyone is expected to vote the same way. And be happy about it.

Kody could have polled the wives separately in person and then decreed his decision, if he has the final say.

I know Meri can be negative, annoying, selfish, etc. However, you are asking a person to move (she likes living in LV) to Flagstaff, and she agreed. Then you take her to see a property that liked, but shoot it down. So she agrees anyway to go ahead and buy the other property, but because she’s not rah-rah,  Kody is annoyed. Well, tough —suck it up, Kody.

Exactly. And then once the deal is done, Kody himself starts genuinely whining and bitching and expressing doubts, far beyond any so-called attitude of Meri’s. Talk about annoying. 

• Love 17

Well, Queen Robyn has decreed she's planting Kootie's feet for good, this time.  She has an iron grip on his balls, and will squeeze them whenever he dares to get an idea that differs from her own.

Yep, the know-nothing "banker" FT has to be advising them, with all the stupid mistakes they're making.  Of course, since Meri will be forever on Kootie's shit list, her ideas about the move, which I agreed with (for once!) are quickly shot down.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Kody was rhapsodizing about Mitch being a worthy sire for his future grandkids.

Actually,what he said was that he would be a good father for his "grandsons...and granddaughters". There was a brief pause after grandsons. Way to make it clear to everyone yet again whom you prioritize, Kody.

I still don't understand buying the land before they have even sold the LV houses. Or even found places to rent in Flagstaff!  Meri actually made sense when she suggested they rent and wait to find property that everyone loves. 

And quite frankly, if a realtor told me my little kids shouldn't play in the dirt because the prairie dogs carry plague, I would NOT be buying that piece of land. Little kids play in the dirt. It's what they do. Or do the prairie dogs disappear when you develop the land? I live in a major urban city. We don't have prairie dogs, but we do have squirrels, raccoons, skunks, sometimes rabbits, voles, groundhogs.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Adiba said:

I know Meri can be negative, annoying, selfish, etc. However, you are asking a person to move (she likes living in LV) to Flagstaff, and she agreed. Then you take her to see a property that liked, but shoot it down. So she agrees anyway to go ahead and buy the other property, but because she’s not rah-rah,  Kody is annoyed. Well, tough —suck it up, Kody.

I never really thought about it that way because I think Meri is always insufferable, but, I can see your point. I myself am very opinionated and would never move somewhere I didn't 100% like just because my husband said so. But, I also didn't marry a polygamist, for a reason.

• Love 9