Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Head of Household #3; Nominations #3

• Start Topic

Cool, the haunted house. Like BBOTT's haunted house. It also reminds me of that one show from several seasons back - Hellevator. I wonder if past house guests are the creepy people. Chain saw guy looks like Derek.  

Natalie screamed lots. Let's see how Kandi does.  Just fine.

Does anybody think Tamar will zip through this with ease??   She's not even in the house yet and she's in hysterics. Time for the popcorn!! I feel cheated, she exited early when she saw the chain saw guy.  

Dead guy looks like one of the dummies you practice CPR on. Dina's doing pretty well. She pulls the entire dead guy out of the bathtub! I bet the crew was laughing like anything.

They keep blurring out the top of Ricky's underpants. Like, so what?

That car looks like a car I was driven in when I was in Ukraine.

1 minute ago, missyb said:

Great haunted house HOH. Well done production. It is a timed event. The end of the run, in the car is perfect.

Yes!   It's a great comp.  I would never be able to get through it, but I applaud them for being able to do it.   This one is sort of an enhanced, more extensive, version of the haunted house comp in BBOTT a few years ago.

• Love 2

Nope.  Nope nope nope noooooope.  There is a one in infinity chance that I would have done that HOH comp.  I would have bailed as soon as I read the words “Slaughter House.”  I wouldn’t have made it out of the first room without passing out, hell I barely made it watching the damn thing.  Tamar is my spirit animal more than I would care to admit.

Settle down, Joey.  You are way too intense.  Oh and NOW you want to be in an alliance?

Oh my god I love Rickey.  “It’s dark in here eeeeeee!”

Tom’s coffee song from last ep doesn’t work without the music, show.

Tom’s alien hat shooting laser beams out of it made me literally laugh out loud and I resent the show for that.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3

Tom's gut isn't very reliable. Tamar hides behind her reflector aviator sunglasses. 

Tamar, keep your tongue in your mouth. Looks like Kandi made some fried chicken - Dina has a piece.

I am not going to watch that show after the Super Bowl.

Say what you want about Joey, but at least he knows how to read his diary room lines so that they sound like something he might naturally say and he doesn't scream them. So he's got that going for him.

• Love 8

I want to echo a brilliant commenter I can't remember up thread somewhere.

I despise this season.   I despise all these houseguests.  CBB1  was a thousand times better.

I may despise Tom the most, but not by much.

If his HoH gets Bald Whoa No Alliance Idiot out, then fine.

After 20 years of loyal viewing, this latest incarnation has pushed me to the edge of quitting.

But I'm addicted, so will muddle through with the helpful snark of  PTV.

It's only 2 more weeks.   It's only 2 more weeks.  It's only 2 more weeks. 

Joey!.  You're in Los Angeles.  La Brea Tar Pits.  Sticky.  Go jump in.  Whoa!!

Of course the Twitterverse gives Tamar immunuty.  Her tongue.... (resisting further comment)

She makes my ears bleed.

"No more fried chicken for you!"  lol

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Nope.  Nope nope nope noooooope.  These is a one in infinity chance that I would have done that HOH comp.  I would have bailed as soon as I read the words “Slaughter House.”  I wouldn’t have made it out of the first room without passing out, hell I barely made it watching the damn thing.  Tamar is my spirit animal more than I would care to admit.

might have survived the first room, but I'm claustrophobic,  so I would never have made it down the stairs and through that crawl space.

• Love 3

My favorite part of the comp was when the guy with the mask in the car 'attacked' (was it Ricky?) and didn't have his mask down yet. I rewound it a couple times to see the panic on the guys face when he realizes he had ONE JOB and he failed. It was awesome.

For me? Bunny guy on coach is MUCH creepier than guy with chainsaw.

I hate that Tamar won because it just plays into Grodner's plan/scheme that all we want out of the show is teh drahma.

Oh you feel a little heat under your ass so NOW you try to make an alliance out of the scraps of other failed alliances? Good luck with that.

I can handle 'Team Fun' but if they start referring to where their 'fun meter' arrow is I'm calling for trademark infringement.

• Love 5

The two big surprises tonight were:

Allison Grodner's REMARKABLE restraint....when there was an opportunity to have others in the house it must have taken all her will power not to cast Jesse as Jason, Nicole or Brittany as the Rabbit Girl and Paul as one of the other ghouls. The fact she didn't trot them out was amazing.

Second was Lolo not getting the POTP. I was expecting her its pretty much a fact of life that young, attractive  blondes generally have an advantage over the rest of us in this world (excepting Aryn Gries who buried herself so deep no amount of looks could save her)

Actually, let's make that three surprises... I would have thought Tamar wouldn't have been able to resist spilling the beans to SOMEONE...perhaps it happened off camera and we will find out next episode.

Speaking of which why SATURDAY? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the scheduling of CBB...that is a long gap with no fresh episode and people are likely to forget about it by then or get spoiled between now and then.

Tom has become tiresome.

Khandi dug her own grave when she was unnecessarily antagonizing the HOH by trying to interrogate him on alliances needlessly. I saw that nomination coming a mile away after that.

Edited by North of Eden
2 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Allison Grodner's REMARKABLE restraint....when there was an opportunity to have other in the house it must have taken all her will power not to cast Jesse as Jason, Nicole or Brittany as the Rabbit Girl and Paul as one of the other ghouls. The fact she didn't trot them out was amazing.

Not enough $cash$ for any of them to show up???

• Love 2

Ricky ... in the paraphrased words of Peter Venkman from the OG Ghostbusters: when someone asks you if you want to be in an alliance, you say YES.

I'm not sure he would be on Tom's radar had he just agreed to be part of #TeamFun 2.0.

I did sort of love Tom and Kato's exchange, where Tom asks -- very seriously -- "Isn't the point of this to get out the strong people, not the weak people?" You'd think that would be obvious, but it was kind of interesting to see it articulated like that.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Eolivet said:

I did sort of love Tom and Kato's exchange, where Tom asks -- very seriously -- "Isn't the point of this to get out the strong people, not the weak people?"

I guess it depends on how much of the proverbial blood you want on your hands...weak and or annoying people are much easier to put on the block than threats because the threats can come back to get you should they survive the block.

• Love 2

Wow. Kudos to the set decorators because that was one seriously good haunted house.  It wasn't cartoon-y at all --which is usually the BB comp aesthetic, so way to break out!  Of course, we don't know what the night vision rooms looked like in the day light and full living color, but in black and white, they were effective.

My biggest regret was that they didn't run this comp during BB19.  It would have been hilarious to watch Cody grimly stomp stoically from room to room on his way through.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Ricky ... in the paraphrased words of Peter Venkman from the OG Ghostbusters: when someone asks you if you want to be in an alliance, you say YES.

That line was actually delivered by Winston (Ernie Hudson’s character), not Venkman - but your point is well-taken.

(Sorry - that just kicked my inner movie geek into overdrive)

• Love 3

On what planet, in what universe is Tamar worthy of some Special Power? Of all the CBBers, she is, hands down, the most annoying, obnoxious, get off my damn screen of all of them. Yet, somehow, she gets the Power of the Publicist. And as if we all don't know why.

Because she brings the drah-ma, that's why! She's a walking, talking stereotype who needs to go home STAT! At least the power has an expiry date. Thank God!

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Rosebud1970 said:

On what planet, in what universe is Tamar worthy of some Special Power? Of all the CBBers, she is, hands down, the most annoying, obnoxious, get off my damn screen of all of them. Yet, somehow, she gets the Power of the Publicist. And as if we all don't know why.

Because she brings the drah-ma, that's why! She's a walking, talking stereotype who needs to go home STAT! At least the power has an expiry date. Thank God!

does she have a lot of followers from whatever show it is that she is on?   I  can't stand her hysterics.  She seems to have a personality disorder.  

I still can't get over how she interprets "clean up after yourself"  to mean "be everyone's maid."  she makes the show difficult to watch.

• Love 9

BB had voting on twitter and I read somewhere online that the "twitterverse" was "trending" Tamar so I am not surprised she got it since the "twitterverse" seems to be a synonym for clueless followers aka cesspool of humanity.

Edited by green

I want more info on that iPad they were using to Tweet.  Is it only on at certain times?  Is it fully connected to the interwebs or can they only log on to their accounts?  And if they can get into their accounts, can’t they see what other people are saying about them and/or the game?  

Now that Jonathan’s gone I actually don’t follow any of them on Twitter and I'm not really looking to start.  Maybe I'll check out Rickey’s.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

I want more info on that iPad they were using to Tweet.  Is it only on at certain times?  Is it fully connected to the interwebs or can they only log on to their accounts?  And if they can get into their accounts, can’t they see what other people are saying about them and/or the game?  

If I understand earlier commentary correctly:

1. It’s not directly “Twitter” per se - they’re submitting text messages to a BB production staffer who reviews them (to spoiler-proof the content, I’d guess), THEN posts the messages to Twitter if they pass muster.
  2. No, the players don’t see any responses - not directly, anyway.

Derned if I know what Twitter account their tweets are actually making it out on, though - does anybody else?

I could've watched more footage of that haunted house.  That was fun... and they made it  real creepy.

I think the first season was a better mix of celebrities, but I am enjoying this season more than I thought.  I can't believe the most annoying HG got the special power.  I want her gone.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

No kidding.... Cool your jets, Tamar. You didn't get the power because America loves you. You got the power because you're batshit crazy.

Or, it had something to do with her family passing the word to vote for her. I think it was one of the Voice celebs who figured out years ago that passing the word to just one heavily-followed friend could skew a "viewer" vote. The producers should have known better than to do this kind of vote in a celebrity season.

16 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Why did Tamar get the special power? Let's just call her Paul.

Yup.  Thanks America, and piss off!  The sooner this bald Aflac sounding drama queen is evicted the fucking better.

Ricky - You're a runteldat little bitch, aren't you?  Going to Talking Tina and Natalie Eva Marie von Glockenscpiel everything Joey just told you in confidence.  I was rooting for him but his snitch bitchery has me wanting him to get a serious backdoor.  Do it, Tom.....DO...IT!!

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 11

But......having gotten this one, she should be ineligible for any others, if the show follows what they've done in the past.  Question is.....how many more can they squeeze in this abbreviated season?

3 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

this bald Aflac sounding drama queen .

Best evah!   LOLOL  AFLAC! AFLAC!

🤣😂😆

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Yup.  Thanks America, and piss off!  The sooner this bald Aflac sounding drama queen is evicted the fucking better.

45 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Best evah!   LOLOL  AFLAC! AFLAC!

🤣😂😆

Yup - Tamar makes Gilbert Gottfried sound sane.

• Love 2

When Tamar found out she'd won the power, didn't she say something like, 'Thank you America! I never won anything before.'?

Yes, you did. You scored Big Time when you were born Toni Braxton's sister.

• Love 7

I was probably most excited about Joey when I saw the list of celebs. I grew up with Gimme A Break & Blossom and "Whoa!" is still part of my lexicon, but he's turned out to be such a dud personality-wise.  He seems totally uncomfortable with every aspect of the game so I'm thinking maybe he only agreed to do it because he filed for bankruptcy last year and needs the money. (Although, if that's the case, you'd think he'd be trying harder to win, not immediately shutting down alliances.) Also, as much as the name Bald Whoa Guy cracks me up, it's also depressing because it just reminds me how old I am lol.

I have no trouble believing that Tamar won the power. There's no clear cut favourite this year so, when in doubt, America usually votes for the person most likely to cause chaos. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Ricky - You're a runteldat little bitch, aren't you?  Going to Talking Tina and Natalie Eva Marie von Glockenscpiel everything Joey just told you in confidence.  I was rooting for him but his snitch bitchery has me wanting him to get a serious backdoor.  Do it, Tom.....DO...IT!!

How can Ricky be a snitch when he simply reported back to people he has been working with from the get go what a person he has wanted out of the house from the start told him?  He wasn't a snitch; he was being loyal to his peeps. 

I so want Bald Whoa Guy out too.  He is always whining and complaining about everything.  A real downer.

Edited by green
6 minutes ago, green said:

How can Ricky be a snitch when he simply reported back to people he has been working with from the get go what a person he has wanted out of the house from the start told him?  He wasn't a snitch; he was being loyal to his peeps. 

He wasn't with Talking Tina/Natalie Eva Marie ImCuckooforCocoaPuffs until it suited him....now, if he were with them in the beginning I'd have nothing to say.  But he admittedly says that he likes to stir the pot and he's been a runteldat to different HG's whenever something is shared with him or in public.

LOL, Rachel?  Love your avatar.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

He wasn't with Talking Tina/Natalie Eva Marie ImCuckooforCocoaPuffs until it suited him....now, if he were with them in the beginning I'd have nothing to say.  But he admittedly says that he likes to stir the pot and he's been a runteldat to different HG's whenever something is shared with him or in public.

LOL, Rachel?  Love your avatar.

Ricky sleeps is in the same room as those two and he was the one who warned them that Ryan had decided to put Lolo up.  He has been looking after them for a while now.  Out of some sort of hero to them motif?  Of course not.  No one does that.  But he has been working with them from the beginning and seems to think he can work with the women (minus Dina) pretty well and I agree.

Everyone works with others when it suits them.  And when that works as "loyalty" it helps your game.  OTOH he has never ever worked with Bald Whoa Guy and has always wanted him out.  Even though he wants to stir the pot he is also so far playing an extremely loyal game to the people he has worked with from the beginning aka all the women minus Dina.  (And Dina, who is off somewhere in the Twilight Zone, will probably win this whole game by default).