Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Nominations #1

• Start Topic

Those costumes are kind of awesome close up, especially the pink ones. Nothing like a Pepto Bismol wardrobe.  Ryan is making a Winston face. Tamar is making a fish lips face. Lolo's dress doesn't fit very well.

Cupcake's eyebrows are too well-groomed.  His brilliant scheme: get more people on his side to control the vote. Never heard of that one before. 

Joey is interesting - he hates alliances. I wonder how far he'll get without one.

• Love 1

Ryan's "excitement" about the pool is funny, plus the cheering for him.

Dinah Lohan looks older me but I'm pretty sure she's younger.

I still think Mooch looks like Michael J. Fox's character (Alex Keaton?) from Family Ties all grown up.

I like Natalie's hair.

The Four Pumps?? Puffs??

2 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Sentence I did not anticipate a useful scenario for in my life: Kato doing color commentary for Ryan Lochte swimming against himself, was surprisingly charming. 

I liked it, too, but I couldn't tell who was saying all that. Ryan swims in place really well.

• Love 5

Did the Mooch just call her Julie-Bot?

Easy to see who's the dullest crayon in this box! (coughryancough)

Did production fire Julie's stylist in retaliation for her JC-M?

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 11

Jonathan's not doing too well in HOH while Ryan is just crushing it. I don't know why, but I'm cheering for Lochte.  Come on, Ryan, get those last two blocks!!  One more! And he nails it!

I'm trying to imagine Dinah and Mooch trying to do the HOH comp. I wonder how long it would take them. (I'm trying to imagine JC doing this comp.

Blue lipstick doesn't look good on Kandi. And there's the obligatory missing testicle joke from Tom.

• Love 5

Lochte can't get Dinah's name right (Diana?). Funny how everyone keeps walking in on Ryan and Jonathan's conspiring.

I forgot Ricky was here. I think that quick shot of him was the first time I've seen him tonight.

One thing - they need a new scriptwriter for the diary rooms or just have them answer questions like they did for BBOTT. I think that would be funnier.

Julie's dress is odd - it's like a Project Runway mishap.

I want to see the HOH room. Aren't they going to have Ryan say, "Who wants to see my HOH?"

I wouldn't mind if Tom or Jonathan went home. I'd like Anthony to stay around awhile just to see if he makes things crazy in the house.

• Love 3

Really?  Can’t even go two goddamned episodes without hearing about fucking Trump?  Jesus.

I would much rather watch 60 minutes of Ryan practicing his turns in the world’s smallest pool.

“Diana.” “Dina.”  “Diana?” “DINA.”

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Lochte can't get Dinah's name right (Diana?). Funny how everyone keeps walking in on Ryan and Jonathan's conspiring.

I forgot Ricky was here. I think that quick shot of him was the first time I've seen him tonight.

One thing - they need a new scriptwriter for the diary rooms or just have them answer questions like they did for BBOTT. I think that would be funnier.

Julie's dress is odd - it's like a Project Runway mishap.

I want to see the HOH room. Aren't they going to have Ryan say, "Who wants to see my HOH?"

I wouldn't mind if Tom or Jonathan went home. I'd like Anthony to stay around awhile just to see if he makes things crazy in the house.

I thought that she maybe tore it and they couldn't fix it in time enough for the show to start. 

Ryan is cute. 

Kandi doesn't play, Ryan better watch himself. 

Tamar is so extra. 

• Love 2

It’s official, the wardrobe people hate Ms. Chen-Moonves. WTF was that monstrosity she was wearing? It was like a slutty blue ostrich fell into a shredder.

I will be so glad if The Mooch is the first one out. I hear the name Trump too many times a day,  I just want one hour where I don’t have to think about him.

Kind of puzzled about Tom being nominated. That seemed really out of left field.

• Love 10

I thought Jonathan was in a good spot, but he may be this year's Shannon -- overplaying too early. That Ryan gave two names to the alliance, and suddenly it was someone different doesn't bode well. And Ryan's ... um ... lack of intelligence may help protect him, because everyone knows Jonathan is the brains behind the operation.

(and now I just thought, "he's his big dumb puppet!" and I have to go slap myself in the face repeatedly)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Kind of puzzled about Tom being nominated. That seemed really out of left field.

I think that was the first person Ryan could think of who wasn't in his alliance, wasn't Anthony and wasn't Dina.

• Love 3

I'm so cool with Kandi being suspicious of Ryan. Ryan's kind of dumb, which makes sense, but he can't even make a decision on his own...or get a name right. I totally support Kandi's suspicions. 

Tamar is on my last nerve. Same with Joey "I don't believe in alliances but I believe in private bathroom stuff" Lawrence. 

I'm down for a Lolo/Natalie Eva Marie alliance. I'm laughing at Tamar trying to create an all girls alliance. Neither Lolo, Natalie Eva or Kandi seemed very enthused from the edit here. 

Jonathan's in a good spot now but it's 100% blowing up by this time next week if he doesn't get evicted. It's too early to overplay like this. Even Ross didn't rush into gaming this quickly. 

10 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Tom was nominated because Jonathan told Ryan to nominate him. That's pretty much it. As for Jonathan choosing Tom to nominate? Who knows. He just wanted to protect Dina so he figured Tom was a decent replacement? I guess it's possible that Jonathan picked a non-alliance name out of thin air. There weren't many choices anyway. Kato's safe from eviction and I don't know why he didn't choose Ricky, but he didn't. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I thought Jonathan was in a good spot, but he may be this year's Shannon -- overplaying too early. 

Same. And right when he landed on my keep list by dialing his Extra back, hard, from the first episode. 

19 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

(and now I just thought, "he's his big dumb puppet!" and I have to go slap myself in the face repeatedly)

Dying. 😂 😂 This also raises a question - who knows how to do a PTV poll?? - who's the dumber big puppet, Ryan or Fessy? 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Dying. 😂 😂 This also raises a question - who knows how to do a PTV poll?? - who's the dumber big puppet, Ryan or Fessy? 

It's been what, four or so months since Fessy's BB run? And he probably still doesn't know who flipped.

• Love 12

I really enjoyed the look of terror on Jonathan's face when Ryan said he was just going to wing it out there. Does that make me a bad person? I'm okay with him going, since he wants to protect Dina. No.

To me, the obvious noms were Dina and Joey "I Don't Believe in Alliances" Lawrence. But that's just me.

I have no real opinion on Natalie, but I do love her hair. When all the color finally goes out of mine, if it's not Helen Mirren white, I'm lining up boxes of Manic Panic and Arctic Fox and going to town on it.

• Love 4

Okay, I know its early still and he was on the block but I have a sinking feeling Johnathan is emerging at this season's Grodner's Pet/Narrator and I'm not liking it. Hell, you'd never know the NFL player was still in the house....he's not allowed to speak on camera or DR while this Cupcake guy eats up 90% of the airtime. I hope he gets voted out because it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth how he manipulated the Dina nomination....there is something slightly untoward about guests having a previous relationship outside the house influencing the game. Not liking that one bit.

I want to like this Kandi person but her resemblance to Pennywise the Clown I find mildly disturbing. Speaking of look-alikes...but long hair on the Olympian and he could pass for a young Sean Penn as Spicoli.

I may be in the minority but I hope Anthony stays...tonight he was very engaging and is there to play as opposed to furniture like Kato and Dina. By the way haven't Kato and Tom ever seen the show? Why would you be surprised at someone proposing an alliance?

Which leaves us with Joey....whoever said it last night that he looks like hell....I can see that. There is nothing about him that suggests former heartthrob status. Nothing...plus he's dumb as a box of rocks and has never heard "no man is an island" especially in BIG BROTHER!

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Yeah, like previously stated you had the 'this week's block' of 7, 2 people safe since they didn't play int he first comp and Bug-Eyed Cupcake Boy wanted to keep Dina safe (and Lochte didn't want to mess up her name on live television). So "Tom" was the easiest to say out of those remaining. And he's "old" so that also made it easy.

6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It's been what, four or so months since Fessy's BB run? And he probably still doesn't know who flipped.

Hah... *cut to picture of Fessy looking confused on the couch after this week's blindside*

I agree with Lamb18 of the numerous lipsticks she brought into the house that dark purple/black really made Kandi look like some cartoon villain. Not a good look there. But she shouldn't get suspicious of dull Ryan... he's just the muscle and will fulfill his role, don't plan on him having some grande scheme to lay out for you!

Joey might as well have said "Winning? I just HATE that word. The only thing I hate more is that stooopid 'safety in numbers' saying! Alliance? Pffft." Let's see how that works for ya. Whoa indeed.

4 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

I hope he gets voted out because it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth how he manipulated the Dina nomination....there is something slightly untoward about guests having a previous relationship outside the house influencing the game.

Between this and the Olympics bond between Lolo & Ryan not everyone is playing with the same number of cards and you're right it just doesn't feel right.

• Love 9

Props to Jon for quickly whipping up an alliance.  I didn't know he existed until last night.  I still want him gone.  Apologies to those who like him from his old shows.  I guess you had to be there :) 

When he made the ride or die with Ryan before the HoH, they should have picked the second nominee and cleared it with the 6 (minus Joey).

Then when Whoa!  Ryan still has to nominate two people. He knows competition, but not strategy.  Jon had no plan except for saving Dina (ugh),  letting his puppet go back on his word, thus making Kandi and the other women suspicious.

Use Dina as a pawn and backdoor Mooch or Tom of the idiot alliance.  (Kato being safe) 

Or the Invisible Ricky.

These multiple alliances will be fun, especially suited for a short 3 week game.

They seem to have forgotten about the (assumed) Veto.  

Better start counting votes.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Okay, I know its early still and he was on the block but I have a sinking feeling Johnathan is emerging at this season's Grodner's Pet/Narrator and I'm not liking it. Hell, you'd never know the NFL player was still in the house....he's not allowed to speak on camera or DR while this Cupcake guy eats up 90% of the airtime. I hope he gets voted out because it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth how he manipulated the Dina nomination....there is something slightly untoward about guests having a previous relationship outside the house influencing the game. Not liking that one bit.

It seems to be Jonathan and Tamar who will get a lot of DRs for as long as they're here (they're definitely capitalizing on Tamar if Jonathan gets evicted this week). I do agree that using previous relationships is icky. I mean, he's doing what he can to keep himself as safe as possible (keeping Dina off the block guarantees him a number for him to stay), but this is the biggest issue with CBB and casting people in the same circles. Look at Kandi/Tamar; they may dislike each other but they're using each other to keep both safe. 

But meh, it's only three weeks so things are going to move quickly. I am most familiar with Jonathan which is why I can't not root for him a little bit, but if he goes this week, then he goes. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

I may be in the minority but I hope Anthony stays...

I agree.

As someone upthread said - until he is sprayed with condiments while riding a slippery weiner.

(to the best of my recollection.....)  :)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Dinah Lohan looks older me but I'm pretty sure she's younger.

I had to look up her age (or at least what age she's claiming to be). She's 56, turning 57 in September.

• Love 1

I have to say I liked Tamar a little more this episode, despite the exaggerated mannerisms.  She got me with the "So I said to myself, "Self...". 

I agree that Kandi was smart to distrust the "alliance" but I hope she's also smart enough to ride it as long as she can before making it obvious that she's defecting.   

It was a little disappointing (but not unexpected) that a cool kids/athlete alliance seems to be taking hold.  As mentioned above, it seems like that's the only reason Mr. Non-alliance Lawrence wasn't even considered as a nominee.  I understand that they're trying to keep their hands bloodless (eye roll) but it seems like it would make more sense to get rid of a potential threat.  Do they honestly think Mooch or TG is going to present a huge threat in upcoming challenges?  Speaking of Ryan's mention of bloody hands...is that in the BB user manual? He does not strike me as a BB watcher and yet here he is speaking the lingo like a superfan.

Can't wait to see how the live feeds compare to the edited version of the show!

• Love 8

I have to say, I'm used to seeing JB on all those G-rated wholesome cooking shows so it was funny to hear him say "Son of a bitch" during the competition.

Tom Green can go. I did laugh though, when, after talking to The Mooch about the government shutdown, his talking head was him solemnly saying, "I'm Canadian. It's not my problem."

• Love 7

I kinda like the 3 guy alliance with Kato, Mooch and Tom. Mooch worked that very well. He'd be good on Survivor (except the whole Surviving part). Sad one of their alliance will likely go home. Unless they pull one off and Dina goes up. I also like Lolo and Natalie. They may be competitors and gamers....both (in Survivor, they'd have the Outwit and Outplay). Might be a strong duo. Kandi and Tamar are gaming too...just not sure they have they Outplay part so much.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, SHD said:

I had to look up her age (or at least what age she's claiming to be). She's 56, turning 57 in September.

I would definitely have guessed older, not just by her appearance but by her overall behaviour. 

I enjoyed tonight more than I expected. I know I'm in the minority, but I loved listening in to the convo between Anthony and the guys, just like I loved listening to Omorosa talking to Ross. I'm not political, or even American. It's just the absolute fascination of hearing a little inside info from a person who was literally inside one of the most powerful governments on earth. It doesn't matter what government or what you think about it, to me I'll never find that dull, just from the point of view of sociology and just plain nosiness. 

Then the segue to watching one of the fastest swimmers on the planet doing his thing, swimming like a dolphin. Oh, and also swinging from the rafters knocking over foam blocks with his feet. 

This is great fun. Weird, random, absurd fun. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

Sentence I did not anticipate a useful scenario for in my life: Kato doing color commentary for Ryan Lochte swimming against himself, was surprisingly charming. 

I like him and am rooting for him for the win.

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Joey is interesting - he hates alliances.

So he is as dumb in life as in television.  It always amazes me when contestants don't even spend 15 minutes studying up for these shows.

1 hour ago, Skyfall said:

Do we really want Ryan winging it? Also if you wanted Dina safe not add her to the alliance? Urgh stupid begets stupid...

Because Jonathon didn't want to disclose his relationship/possible ally too early.

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Really?  Can’t even go two goddamned episodes without hearing about fucking Trump?  Jesus.

That's why Mooch is on.  Did he say he needed to last at least 12 days?  He only lasted 10 in the WH.  He may be setting his goal too high.

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Lochte didn't want to mess up her name on live television). So "Tom" was the easiest to say out of those remaining.

ROFLMAO!

42 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I agree.

As someone upthread said - until he is sprayed with condiments while riding a slippery weiner.

(to the best of my recollection.....)  :)

Concerning the Mooch - ha ha ha YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

30 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I agree that Kandi was smart to distrust the "alliance" but I hope she's also smart enough to ride it as long as she can before making it obvious that she's defecting. 

Hey those ladies from the ATL aint playin and Kandi is the cream of the crop against some pretty petty/diabolical women.

26 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:
31 minutes ago, SHD said:

She is younger.

Lindsay is 32 so I do think she is that old.

13 minutes ago, yourdreamer said:

I wish Ricky were in this more, he’s the reason I am watching. But maybe it is good since he seems to be off of everybody’s radar. 

I can't believe they didn't include him in the athletes alliance.  Now I am rooting for him.

• Love 6

I don't mind the Mooch.  I actually find him interesting, but, I think it might be a generational thing.  I'd much rather see Joey Lawrence go.  I think he's creepy.  I'd also be ok with Tamar leaving.  For some reason, I like Kato.  I'd also be ok with one ball Tom if he'd stop talking about being one ball Tom.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Looks like Julie Chen moonbeem got punked by CBS wardrobe!  Wth was she wearing?  I could not stop looking at her right breast where the lace played peekaboo!

yes.  even though I know that it's blue lace over a beige fabric, it was too "nude"  looking, in between those ruffles.   Ruffles AND lace?  Just say no, Julie! 

3 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Well, we've really only heard about his missing testicle 5 or 6 times.  perhaps the rest of the houseguests have heard about it a few hundred times, and they just want him gone. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

yes.  even though I know that it's blue lace over a beige fabric, it was too "nude"  looking, in between those ruffles.   Ruffles AND lace?  Just say no, Julie! 

*IS* there such a thing???

• Love 2

I like the Lolo/Eva alliance. I also enjoy Tamar/Kandi frenemy status. Can't wait until the knives come out. 

I don't mind Jonathan, I think you need big personalities in the house for a short season for the entertainment factor. He's playing hard, but he's on the block and there are only 3 weeks to this game. He is forced to make moves now. 

Ryan being so dumb is hilarious to me.

Kato/Mooch/Tom don't bother me. Ricky is non-existent so far. 

Dina can go, she brings nothing to the show for me. Joey can take a hike too. Whoa!!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Me either especially since I can't stand Bug-Eyed Cupcake Boy at all.  To have him as Grodner's pet and sucking the air out of the show what to speak of seeing him as George to dumb swimmer's Lenny from Of Mice and Men is driving me up the wall.  Can't stand him or dumb swimmer now that I know dumb swimmer was the guy behind the Brazil incident.  (I hate The Ugly American types).  They can both go asap!

Another person who can go is Bald, Grumpy Guy Who Once Said Whoa.  "You alliance kids get off my damn lawn!"  He is about as much fun as an existentialist on downers.

And Tom, shut up about your damn balls or lack thereof.  It is NOT funny; just creepy.

9 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

I wish Ricky were in this more, he’s the reason I am watching. But maybe it is good since he seems to be off of everybody’s radar. 

I'm Team Ricky 100%.  But he doesn't stand a chance seeming to be so far a real human among mere caricatures of humans.  So no wonder he gets no air time.  And when he wasn't even invited to the athelete's kool kids table it looks like they will not be accepting of him at all.

The Mooch is still stiff and awkward but I'll take keeping him around and hope he loosens up over Cupcakes and Missing Balls and Bald Whoa Guy any day.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Cupcake's eyebrows are too well-groomed.

When I find myself staring at the shaved space where his previous unibrow was, I realize that I have too much time on my hands!

BEC is the James Maslow of the season and that ain’t a compliment.  I don’t like him already but to put Tom on the radar for elimination?  You gotta go, jerkoff.

I really hope Tom wins POV but if not wouldn’t mind a Mooch win….I’m really not minding him much at all.

1 hour ago, green said:
11 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

I'm Team Ricky 100%.  But he doesn't stand a chance seeming to be so far a real human among mere caricatures of humans.  So no wonder he gets no air time.  And when he wasn't even invited to the athelete's kool kids table it looks like they will not be accepting of him at all.

Co-sign to this….I wouldn’t last long in the BB house as I’m very much a loner and you’d have to pull teeth for any commentary from me.

ROTF @ 'Julie Chen Moonbeam'

I still don’t like Natalie Eva Maria Conchita Alonso Ratatouille, etc.

Why did Kandi's lips look like she plastered molasses on them?  She needs to steer far, FAR away from dark lipsticks like that.

• Love 8

Ricky is an odd bird...haven't you all seen that ESPN show about him? He's much like Metta from last season and really 'out there'. Don't think he will know how or want to play this game of BB. He will make it as long as Metta did because he is kinda off radar. But he won't be a gamer. 

12 hours ago, jumper sage said:

That's why Mooch is on.  Did he say he needed to last at least 12 days?  He only lasted 10 in the WH.  He may be setting his goal too high.

I think Mooch should aim for the opposite and try to get out as soon as possible so he can stay on brand.

• Love 2

I just can't with Tamar.  I HATE people who take up more than their fair share of oxygen in a room.  Quit with all the screeching and head bobbing already.  And Tom is that guy at work who is always cracking jokes and he's the only one who finds them funny.

• Love 13

Last night was my first episode, as I missed the premiere, and like the beginning of other BB's I found it hard trying to figure out who everyone was, and in this case, their "claim to fame".   I didn't really dislike anyone, so that was good, I guess. 

My choice for eviction would be the Mooch guy, because although like Tom Green, "I'm Canadian. It's not my problem.", I still don't want political talk in the BB house.  

I'm itching to check out the live feeds thread, but will wait till after tonight's episode just so I can be spoiler-free a little bit longer.

• Love 1

Tom said Jonathan keeps mentioning that he was in Mean Girls but Tom can't shut up about his missing testicle. Pot? Meet kettle.

I'm sorry, but Tamar just has to go. The sound of her voice makes my dog howl.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, jumper sage said:
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:
14 hours ago, SHD said:

She is younger.

Lindsay is 32 so I do think she is that old.

I meant younger than me.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm sorry, but Tamar just has to go. The sound of her voice makes my dog howl.

Has the same effect on my wife - I had to turn on closed captioning because she kept muting the TV whenever Tamar was  on.

• Love 5