Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Live Feed Discussion: Grab Your Popcorn

• Start Topic

Caved and got the feeds.

Why does Joey look so weird? I've been trying to figure this out since the show started.  Is it his eyebrows alone? Is it the eyebrows, beard and mustache? Is it because it doesn't look like his natural hair color at all???

I used to feel like I should cheer for Lolo on any show she's on because she's some sort of hometown hero here but she literally goes batshit crazy and does terribly on any sort of 'game show' she's on.

Joey is complaining about the way the shower is designed. Asks if they can get that fixed.

• Love 1

I just fired up the feeds to see Natalie, Lolo, and Ricky talking about their shared experience of having a family member who went to prison. Don't know the context of that lol but it seemed like Natalie was annoyed by someone, which I'm sure shocks everyone. ETA: Apparently someone was making some jokes about Dave's Killer Bread and Natalie was put off by it because her brother went to prison.

Lolo was expressing to Ricky some uneasiness over Natalie always getting info from Kato and herself never getting anything from him. Ricky told her to just play cards with Kato lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
3 hours ago, xhoipolloix said:

Ryan's Rio incident is a direct result of his alcoholism. It took way too long, but Ryan has finally admitted he is an alcoholic. He's not a bad person, he just has a drinking problem.

Don't buy it any more than blaming alcoholism on a drunk driver killing a family of five or an alcoholic husband beating the crap out of his wife.  Each PERSON is responsible for his or her actions including the action of drinking to start with AND the actions that take place while drunk.  And the cover-up Ryan did continued after he was sober.  It went on for days.  He lied through his teeth trying to make a whole country look bad to save his sorry skin.

• Love 11

From Joker’s:

Mon 10:14 AM PT - from 9:55 AM - Tamar/Kandi convo in BA

Tam: (Indecipherable) Ricky. I'm not talkin' to him.
Kan: Why?
Tam: Cuz he's a coward.
Kan: What happened?
Tam: Well, he doesn't want to vote for me so...so um he's not speakin' to us so he won't.....
Kan: He doesn't wanta vote for you to go home?
Tam: He doesn't want to vote for me to stay. So he doesn't want......I'm not really sure what his tactic is but it's kinda coward like to me. Because if that's how you feel that's just how the f*ck you feel or no! And you know...
Kan: (Indecipherable)
Tam: Well that's just what I gathered from last nite.
Kan: Huh. I don't know. Let's not make assumptions yet.
Tam: No! No! It's okay! I'm at peace with it. I promise you. If I wasn't I'd be comin' thru this house actin' like a damn fool! (Indecipherable) don't wanta be here.
Kan: What the f*ck!
Tam: Well not like that. Not like that. I'm not gonna bitch. I feel like I'm sellin' my soul to the devil at some point but I'm not gonna grovel.

I could use some help from somebody in discerning exactly how this expressed behavior could be differentiated from what we’ve seen as Tamar’s normal everyday behavior since the start of the season....

...short of speaking in tongues, I’m coming up with nothin’.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Nashville said:

Who do y’all think is the oldest-looking HG this season?  I lean towards Kato, but my better half thinks Tom.

Late to the party, but I'd say that Dina looks like she could be their mom.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

What a shocker that reddit would be obsessed with Tom.

I know, right? reddit picks the ones I like the least and stans them all season long, Twitter is fucking toxic, and I haven't bothered with Jokers because it was going downhill last season and barely had updates for BB20. This is my little island of sanity in an ocean of WTF.

@Vixenstud it's all right. The real joke was on me because I hadn't heard that song since, like, 1993 when it came out and it turns out that not only did I already know the words but it's stuck in my head and I can't stop singing it. 

1 hour ago, green said:

Don't buy it any more than blaming alcoholism on a drunk driver killing a family of five or an alcoholic husband beating the crap out of his wife.  Each PERSON is responsible for his or her actions including the action of drinking to start with AND the actions that take place while drunk.  And the cover-up Ryan did continued after he was sober.  It went on for days.  He lied through his teeth trying to make a whole country look bad to save his sorry skin.

That's what addicts do before they come to terms with their addictions. Days? Man, I've seen that shit go on for years, never mind days. Ryan had an issue, got a case of the Ugly Americans, doubled down because he was young and stupid and still drunk, and has since tried to better his life. I don't think we need to drag him over the gallows but I'm also not American and our recent Canadian Olympic scandals are along the lines of the women's hockey team winning gold and then smoking cigars and drinking beer in celebration. 'Cause they're badasses like that.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Nashville said:

Who do y’all think is the oldest-looking HG this season?  I lean towards Kato, but my better half thinks Tom.

My daughter was travelling when the live HoH was on. She was trying to guess who won. Is said the oldest house guest won. She guessed Tom, then Dina the Ricky and finally Kato. 

• Love 2

So I have no idea who's on the block. But Eva Marie and Tamar are talking about if  'she' wins veto and what she does with it. EM says she HAS to use it on herself, that's the rules.  Tamar says, no she doesn't. She has the option. They go back and forth a bit.  EM finally gives in and then says but she will use it on herself.  Tamar says "no she will not use it on herself. she knows she's safe. she doesn't want to upset ____"  

2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

So I have no idea who's on the block. But Eva Marie and Tamar are talking about if  'she' wins veto and what she does with it. EM says she HAS to use it on herself, that's the rules.  Tamar says, no she doesn't. She has the option. They go back and forth a bit.  EM finally gives in and then says but she will use it on herself.  Tamar says "no she will not use it on herself. she knows she's safe. she doesn't want to upset ____"  

Tamar and Dina are on the block, so Tamar's talking about Dina.

It should be in the rules that you have to use Veto on yourself if you win it while on the block, 'cause nobody wants to pull a Marcellas. That's just embarrassing. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It should be in the rules that you have to use Veto on yourself if you win it while on the block, 'cause nobody wants to pull a Marcellas. That's just embarrassing. 

But oh so endlessly entertaining to recall every time I'm reminded of it.  Julie smacking him with her cue cards like, "You bonehead!!!"

• Love 6

It sounds like they were able to practice for a comp. That's pretty much what they're all discussing now - their strategy for said comp. 

6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Tamar and Dina are on the block, so Tamar's talking about Dina.

Do we know who's going??? Tamar has paranoia for sure but EM and Lolo were trying to make her feel better earlier.

Tom says they need to tell Dina that Tam is telling everyone that Dina won't use the veto on herself. If Tam is lying then Dina will get upset.  Tom is excited for fireworks.

Kato tells Dina that they need to get her off the block. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Do we know who's going??? Tamar has paranoia for sure but EM and Lolo were trying to make her feel better earlier.

If veto is used, Ryan will go. If veto isn't used, it's actually kind of a toss-up but I think they're stupid enough to evict Dina instead of Tamar. I say that Tamar's a better bet to get rid of because she's so unpredictable, such a wildcard, and you can never really trust her as an ally because she'll do what's best for her. She changes her mind so frequently and has flipped on people within minutes that it's too risky to keep Tamar around. Hell, keeping Tamar over Ryan is already something that isn't good for many of the houseguests. Ryan's more easily manipulated, while Tamar really can't be manipulated. They're so worried about Ryan for being some kind of athletic threat, despite only having won two comps and one of those comps was only against Jonathan and the first comp was one in pairs and one which most weren't really trying to win. However, he has no real allies besides Joey. If someone was smart enough, they'd bring Ryan/Joey in as numbers. 

Kato/Tom and Natalie/Lolo are going to turn on each other at some point this week, I have no doubt. Ricky's too powerful of a player to leave in the game. Tamar's too unreliable. Getting rid of Dina tonight is a waste of an eviction since she doesn't have anyone. Kandi's mostly there and hasn't done much. I get wanting to get out the less important people who aren't really playing the game, but also trying to get rid of all those players before getting rid of the more dangerous players is really dumb. They don't have a lot of opportunities to waste time. Sure, there's the risk that people like Dina and Joey and Ryan could slip through to the end, but you also want to maximize the time you have and the opportunity to grab a couple of extra numbers so that it doesn't slip past you. 

I guess getting rid of Dina or Ryan is such a dumb move to make when you could make them your allies since they have no real ties. 

Ryan's aware that he's likely to leave tonight, so it's great to see that he won't be blindsided. I'm just amazed that Kato turned on the one ally he did have that his other alliance members didn't have. Dina would have been a great number for him and now he's potentially botched it. He also wants to get rid of Ryan, who wanted to work with him and would have turned against the girls who did him and Jonathan wrong. I'm just perplexed that Kato didn't think long-term for HIS game. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ryan's aware that he's likely to leave tonight, so it's great to see that he won't be blindsided. I'm just amazed that Kato turned on the one ally he did have that his other alliance members didn't have. Dina would have been a great number for him and now he's potentially botched it. He also wants to get rid of Ryan, who wanted to work with him and would have turned against the girls who did him and Jonathan wrong. I'm just perplexed that Kato didn't think long-term for HIS game. 

Someone elsewhere had a great read on the Kato/Tom alliance. Tom is Jason, with the surprisingly good reads on the house and coming up with the right strategies and Kato is Alex, shitting all over his good game play. All Kato's missing is a Paul to hitch his star to. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Don't buy it any more than blaming alcoholism on a drunk driver killing a family of five or an alcoholic husband beating the crap out of his wife.

I would never compare a drunk driver killing a family of five or an alcoholic husband beating his wife to just basic asshole-ish behavior that he seems to have gotten past. He didn't kill anybody and he didn't beat anybody. Sure, he was responsible for his own behavior back then, but alcoholics CAN change. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Shit. I quoted Callaphera but it originally came from Green. Sorry.

Edited by mikewho
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, mikewho said:

I would never compare a drunk driver killing a family of five or an alcoholic husband beating his wife to just basic asshole-ish behavior that he seems to have gotten past. He didn't kill anybody and he didn't beat anybody. Sure, he was responsible for his own behavior back then, but alcoholics CAN change. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I got very confused there for a second. I was all, "But I was defending the guy and his little swim shorts!" 

But yes, this. Even taking patriotism and pride out of the equation, I hate when one of the HGs on Big Brother has a former drug or alcohol problem because it's always the reason for any of their behaviour or the reason why they temporarily freaked out or why they're a bad person and deserve to be drawn and quartered. People can and do change. If they couldn't, well, I guess I would have never dated or married my husband. 

• Love 5

As I said, Callaphera, I took the quote from the wrong place. Apologies.

I've had alcoholics and drug addicts in my family, and they can definitely change. I have a cousin who admits he never met a drug or kind of booze he didn't like. He's now been clean and sober for 20 years.

I don't exactly follow Lochte's life, but I think he's married now and has a kid? The irresponsibility of his actions in Brazil pale in comparison to the responsibilities he has now. What, we gonna hang him on the cross for the rest of his life because he was an asshole a few years ago?

• Love 8

CBS.com/Feeds are broken again.

So to recap: we had a 7 hour feed blackout, followed by the website being broken the next day, followed by the website being broken today. 

We pay for take advantage of a coupon code for a free month of All Access for this shit?

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, mikewho said:

I don't exactly follow Lochte's life, but I think he's married now and has a kid? The irresponsibility of his actions in Brazil pale in comparison to the responsibilities he has now. What, we gonna hang him on the cross for the rest of his life because he was an asshole a few years ago?

Lots of people get married and have a kid.  But they don't go out and try and screw over a whole country beforehand.  I'm not crucifying anyone.  I'm against physical violence.  But I am all about taking responsibility for one's actions and NOT trying to blame it on this intoxicant or that intoxicant.  It is the person, not the drug, that did the action.  So I am saying that yes he has to live with that slimy incident the rest of his life as well he should. 

In his "intro" he went out of his way to say he had settled down some but that he can still "par-tee" and seems not at all concerned at the black-eye he gave America at the Olympics.  Only that he was finally caught.  People like him never apologize until they are caught so their apology is really them saying "I'm sorry I got caught."  Come forward BEFORE you are caught and apologize and then maybe I'll believe you.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

If veto is used, Ryan will go. If veto isn't used, it's actually kind of a toss-up but I think they're stupid enough to evict Dina instead of Tamar. I say that Tamar's a better bet to get rid of because she's so unpredictable, such a wildcard, and you can never really trust her as an ally because she'll do what's best for her. She changes her mind so frequently and has flipped on people within minutes that it's too risky to keep Tamar around. Hell, keeping Tamar over Ryan is already something that isn't good for many of the houseguests. Ryan's more easily manipulated, while Tamar really can't be manipulated. They're so worried about Ryan for being some kind of athletic threat, despite only having won two comps and one of those comps was only against Jonathan and the first comp was one in pairs and one which most weren't really trying to win. However, he has no real allies besides Joey. If someone was smart enough, they'd bring Ryan/Joey in as numbers. 

Kato/Tom and Natalie/Lolo are going to turn on each other at some point this week, I have no doubt. Ricky's too powerful of a player to leave in the game. Tamar's too unreliable. Getting rid of Dina tonight is a waste of an eviction since she doesn't have anyone. Kandi's mostly there and hasn't done much. I get wanting to get out the less important people who aren't really playing the game, but also trying to get rid of all those players before getting rid of the more dangerous players is really dumb. They don't have a lot of opportunities to waste time. Sure, there's the risk that people like Dina and Joey and Ryan could slip through to the end, but you also want to maximize the time you have and the opportunity to grab a couple of extra numbers so that it doesn't slip past you. 

I guess getting rid of Dina or Ryan is such a dumb move to make when you could make them your allies since they have no real ties. 

I don’t blame him for not aligning with Ryan. Ryan is a huge target, not smart, and is deadset on men vs women.

• Love 2

Huh. So already, on Twitter, #CBBJoey is trending.

So we may have Joey winning a power when he may actually not be in danger this upcoming week (I really think whoever wins HOH next is going to look elsewhere....who would waste this next eviction on Joey?). 

23 hours ago, Callaphera said:

So I tried it tonight and I snapped each clove off the bulb and snapped the tough bit that was still at the tip. I dropped them in an old sour cream container and danced around my kitchen using it as a maraca and sure as shit, all except for one was completely bare. The one that wasn't bare was super easy to peel off and it came all in one piece. It worked. Colour me surprised. It's loud but it's fun.

Thank you!  My Italian mama did not tell me this.

10 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’m going to go out on a limb, though, and guess Tamar is the baby of her family...?

Yes she is.  I just checked.

10 hours ago, Slider said:

Same, though I'd rather lose Tamar than Ryan.  I find Ryan somewhat endearing... which is very difficult to explain, but "it is what it is." 

That was insane.  But then again, Joey's DR look from last night's episode was bizarre.  He looked so small and sickly with the glasses and beanie.  Horrible visual.  

Joey looks so odd.  His glasses make him look like Mr. Magoo.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

Dina is talking about a guy she likes that she met on facebook. They talk on the phone (have been for 5 years??). I believe they have never met in person.

Don't get catfished Dina!

Lol... Maybe she's trying to get on a special celebrity edition of MTV's Catfish?

27 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Huh. So already, on Twitter, #CBBJoey is trending.

So we may have Joey winning a power when he may actually not be in danger this upcoming week (I really think whoever wins HOH next is going to look elsewhere....who would waste this next eviction on Joey?)

I think that's because Julie asked Ryan how he thinks Joey will fare in the house by himself and Ryan's expression said it all.

Speaking of Joey... that looked like an intense convo between Kato and Joey after Ryan's eviction.  Anyone catch the general gist of it?

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Looks like it's right now!

Hoping for a Tamar, Kandi, or Joey HOH. 

Ouch. I mean, for Team Good Feeds, I *guess* so. But it's painful. :D I wouldn't mind HOH NEM, to see what she would do, minus the screeching.

5 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Ouch. I mean, for Team Good Feeds, I *guess* so. But it's painful. :D I wouldn't mind HOH NEM, to see what she would do, minus the screeching.

I would have liked a Natalie HOH...if her noms weren't obviously going to be two of Dina/Joey/Tamar. I just want a little heat on Nolo/TomAto/Ricky.

• Love 2

Rerun time!  Guessing that we won't get to see the HOH comp on the feeds tonight.  Bummer.

While we wait... did anyone catch the special "Celebrity Breaking News" power?  Was it the same power that Tyler had last but didn't need to use?  I guessing Tom will get it.

2 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

While we wait... did anyone catch the special "Celebrity Breaking News" power?  Was it the same power that Tyler had last but didn't need to use?  I guessing Tom will get it.

I think it's pretty much Tyler's power. I can't remember the specifics about Tyler's power, but this power does give the winner the ability to save themselves from the block through the next two evictions (so this week's eviction and next Monday's eviction). 

It'll be between Tom, Tamar, and Joey.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I would have liked a Natalie HOH...if her noms weren't obviously going to be two of Dina/Joey/Tamar. I just want a little heat on Nolo/TomAto/Ricky.

This is probably wildly overly optimistic, but I like to think she has more game smarts than that. (Had never heard of her before CBB, so I'm going on faith. And likely to be disappointed. Lol) 

2 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Speaking of Joey... that looked like an intense convo between Kato and Joey after Ryan's eviction.  Anyone catch the general gist of it?

Didn’t get the opportunity to catch much of the convo, but the general gist seemed to be Joey pitching himself to Kato as a useful tool because Joey is (a) convinced Fun Club is on the verge of imminent implosion, and (b) trying to convince Kato of the same.

• Love 1

I did not catch the whole Joey-Kato conversation either, but I thought that Joey said something to Kato about how eventually something is going to have to break up, or be broken up, or a similar statement.   At first I thought he was possibly talking about Lolo and Natalie, but they were standing not too far away at that point, and they probably would have been able to hear him.  So he might have been talking about something or someone else. 

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Well, if anyone who has the feeds this season didn't see CBB1 during its original run, you have now. Three times over. And the worst part is? They're still pushing Paul on us. 

I don't know what this means.  Translation please.  CBB1 was 10 times as much fun as this one.  And who is pushing Paul where?  Over a cliff I hope.

• Love 1

I agree CBB 1 was so much better. This group is just too clueless. 

Tom wins veto and Ricky got Joey really upset. 

Tamar might not have competed  or stopped because she was too scared?

Sounds like right now Tamar and Kandi might be noms, possible Joey backdoor.  Tom is doing one on one in the am

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 1

Yeah, Tom winning HOH doesn't really bode well for Tom and Kato. If they keep winning comps, they're going to become targets next eviction. Meanwhile, Natalie and Lolo should be fairly safe when they don't have to win these comps right now. 

3 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Tamar might not have competed  or stopped because she was too scared?

It was a Haunted House HOH and she was too scared. For goodness sakes, Tamar.

• Love 1

I know I'm super duper late to the party this year (having a hard time getting into it) but I just saw on Sunday's episode that they have a legit lock on the toilet door now!?!?  I wonder if that was due to the Hayleigh/JC issue last season.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

I know I'm super duper late to the party this year (having a hard time getting into it) but I just saw on Sunday's episode that they have a legit lock on the toilet door now!?!?  I wonder if that was due to the Hayleigh/JC issue last season.

I feel like it's probably just because they're celebs. But hopefully in any case they keep it.

Tom winning HOH is boring, but oh well. I'm excited to watch the Haunted House comp in the next ep! 

I feel like Tom/Kato are almost guaranteed targets for the next eviction though unless Kato wins HOH, of course.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

feel like it's probably just because they're celebs. But hopefully in any case they keep it.

Seriously. I can't think of any good reason not to have one, as long as there's some kind of access in an emergency 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like Tom/Kato are almost guaranteed targets for the next eviction though unless Kato wins HOH, of course.

Agreed. If Kato doesn't win HOH, I hope he's the target! But since things don't seem to be working out for me this season, it's likely to be Tom.

I'd have more faith in Tom actually targeting Ricky for his HOH if Kato wasn't around. I think Tom has good game instincts but it gets bogged down by Kato (yes, definitely a Jason/Alex situation). It seems like Tamar/Kandi are going to go up but I'm hoping he doesn't just backdoor Joey.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'd have more faith in Tom actually targeting Ricky for his HOH if Kato wasn't around. I think Tom has good game instincts but it gets bogged down by Kato (yes, definitely a Jason/Alex situation). It seems like Tamar/Kandi are going to go up but I'm hoping he doesn't just backdoor Joey.

I think there's a chance he may BD Ricky. He has both solid personal and strategic reasons to go after him and I think he knows it's a better bet. I might be giving him too much credit though lol. But even if he sees that as the better move, whether or not it happens is gonna depend on if Kato decides to talk him out of it or not. If Kato doesn't want it to happen it probably won't because Tom seems to always defer to him. It really is SO Alex/Jason.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

I think there's a chance he may BD Ricky. He has both solid personal and strategic reasons to go after him and I think he knows it's a better bet. I might be given him to much credit though lol. But even if he sees that as the better move, whether or not it happens it's gonna depend on if Kato decides to talk him out of it or not. If Kato doesn't want it to happen it probably won't because Tom seems to always defer to him. It really is SO Alex/Jason.

I'm lowering my expectations because of Kato. Kato's such a dumbass of a player. He's the worst player this season for me by far. He's on FOUTTE levels of bad. He trusts Ricky somehow, he runs to the girls constantly which got them to tell Ricky how to make amends with Tom (and we know Ricky's going to target Tom over Kato in a heartbeat, probably next week) and he has screwed up his game left and right. He also won't ever budge once he has made a decision, which actually isn't a good strategy. See: him recognizing that Ryan would have made a good ally but still got him out. 

Meanwhile, Tom's more flexible about plans and is willing to talk each scenario out. I really, really want him to target Ricky. I think him getting Ricky out breaks up the trio of Ricky/Natalie/Lolo, which is great for Tom/Kato, since they get their final four back. At the moment, Natalie/Lolo are closer with Ricky. 

• Love 3

I agree that Kato is a dumbass.  Backdooring a meat shield like Ryan who was willing to work with him and would be loyal was a bad move.   The target would always be on Ryan.  Those two have won the last four comps, one of which was physical.  That bulls eye on their back just keeps getting larger.  

And if they waste this HOH on backdooring Joey then they are idiots. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like it's probably just because they're celebs. But hopefully in any case they keep it.

I thought maybe that was it too but I think in CBB1 the had the regular door with the sign.

That is probably reason number 2 or 3 I wouldn't want to live in that house. I need the bathroom door to lock!

• Love 3