Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Live Feed Discussion: Grab Your Popcorn

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I'm finding all of these people boring.  I guess Celebrity BB just isn't my jam; I prefer blatant famewhores to people who are so focused on their brand (Tamar's craziness aside).  I'm mostly sticking around to see if anyone will take a shot at Lolo/Natalie.  

Last year's version was great.  This year's so far is a snooze.  Unless you are into low level Z-List pop culture types the only two biggish names were Moch (quit) and Ricky Williams (Heisman, big NFL creds) and a token Olympic swimmer of which there are many.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. Last year's group was about 10 times more interesting and they were just barely interesting lol.

This season somehow feels like it's dragging and that is really damning for a season the only lasts 3 weeks.

I already asked this but unless I missed it somehow I didn't see anyone answer: can the publicist power be used to take yourself off the block or just stop yourself from being nommed?

I love last season's cast WAY more. This season, I have no investment in any of these celebrities, am rooting for nobody, and wondering why I'm even watching. However, these celebrities' stupidity at the game is what entertains me enough to keep watching. 

The publicist power can be used to take yourself off the block, from what I understand. We'll find out for sure in tonight's episode.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katesus7 said:

I'm mostly sticking around to see if anyone will take a shot at Lolo/Natalie.  

How I'd love this, with a Tamar backdoor.

Howsomeever, be prepared to hear the screech of all screeches if Tamar gets that pass....she's going to screech and lip pop and everything else.

I am enjoying this season, for the most part.   I enjoyed last year's Celebrity season too.   I think that, just as it is the case with any non-celebrity season of BB, certain seasons have different "tones," for lack of a better word, and it all revolves around the specific HGs chosen and what they get into.   Some seasons are simply more entertaining to me because the people are more interesting, for whatever reason.   

Some seasons are exceedingly hostile, negative and sleazy (like the Amanda-Aaryn-Elissa season, and the season with Sheila-Adam-James-Chelsia), to the point where it starts to make me uncomfortable to watch and I find myself just wanting them to make peace and get along, or it makes me detest some of the HGs.    I don't mind a bit of drama and arguing thrown in here and there, but when I see that it is getting too mean and hurtful, or happening too often, I generally don't like it.   When I see HGs shunning, ganging up on or truly bullying another HG who didn't really do anything wrong, it bothers me too.

But then there are some regular BB seasons where I pretty much skip  the feeds for the entire 3 months because I find the people so insufferably boring and dull, and I don't care about any of them winning or losing!  lol

For me, I look at Big Brother exactly as I look at certain other shows I watch, such as American Horror Story, Real Housewives of New York City or American Idol.  Some seasons are definitely better than others, and some seasons are not that great at all -- but I would be so bummed out if these shows were no longer on the air!  lol   I'd rather have a less than stellar season of Big Brother (and Celebrity BB too) every year than to not have it at all.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, green said:

Last year's version was great.  This year's so far is a snooze.  Unless you are into low level Z-List pop culture types the only two biggish names were Moch (quit) and Ricky Williams (Heisman, big NFL creds) and a token Olympic swimmer of which there are many.

I would say The Mooch is the only really well known name out there because of his huge media presence last year. The second biggest name is probably Ryan Lochte because of his controversy during the Olympics and how that made global headlines. The third is Dina Lohan but ONLY because of Lindsay and her success, rather than Dina's success. 

You'd only be familiar with someone like Ricky or Lolo if you're sports fans, or Tom if you've watched his movies or Kandi if you're into reality TV, for example. Those are names where you'd need to stumble across them in a more specific way and not just turning on the news to hear about them. Perhaps some of these people made national headlines at one point or another, but they were likely blips in those headlines and once their controversies or successes were put on the news, they moved on to the next story. 

Not that last season was filled with C-list names. The only one that was really recognizable was Omarosa, and everyone else was pretty D/Z-List. I couldn't even really name the second biggest name of last season. Mark McGrath? Metta World Peace? Keshia Knight Pulliam? Chuck Liddell? None of the above? 

Anyway, veto picks seem to be Natalie and Lolo. The third person is unclear.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, green said:

That's definitely personal opinion because those are probably the two names I knew the least (not everyone is a football fan, for instance, or gives two shits about American politics). I don't consider these people A-listers but I also don't consider them the bottom of the barrel. 

FTR, I'm enjoying this season more than last season but I barely paid attention to CBB1. Marissa, who I thought I would love, had me running for cover within the first four or so days. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Awe! Tom is really a nice guy.  He thought Dina was choking and was a bit worried.  He has totally changed my opinion of him.  

He also corrected Kato last night when Kato kept referring to the "girls" in the house. Tom was quick to tell him that they were women or, at the very least, females. When the one that annoys you the most does the nice thing...

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why is Joey brushing his teeth in the bedroom?

Same reason he was flossing in the kitchen the other night?

Edited by Callaphera
auto correct, you suck
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Same reason he was flossing in the kitchen the other night?

I am generally a low maintenance lady when it comes to germs and such - I think "double dipping" is a total non issue, for example. But flossing in the kitchen??! 🤮

• Love 3
1 minute ago, IndyMischa said:

I am generally a low maintenance lady when it comes to germs and such - I think "double dipping" is a total non issue, for example. But flossing in the kitchen??! 🤮

Oh, you would have loved Tamar last night! She was coughing into her hand while cooking non-floor shrimp (alas, Kato did not slip this time) and then later, she was again coughing into her hand and then using that same hand to type away on the tablet for her nightly tweet. I was hoping Joey was going to notice and start complaining to Production through his microphone again. 

I think Diana Dina has also picked up the cold/flu bug that's going around the house. I didn't see her coughing into her hand and touching stuff, though, Tamar

Also, you can come double dip with me. I've seen that Mythbusters episode. 

1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

I think talking to Ricky would be exhausting.  I don't always want to evaluate my feelings.  He does that shit with Tom all the time and I find it quite condescending.  Any one else feel that way?

I totally agree with you.  That's why it annoyed me so much when he called Tom a "prick" last week -- it was after he put Tom through this exhausting line of questioning in which he was trying to analyze every answer Tom gave, and it wasn't all game talk.  It was one of those "let's get deep and find out who Tom really is as a person" discussions, punctuated with an insult!  

I can see why Ricky or anyone with a brain would want to have conversations of substance in the house, or get to know the "real" people behind their public personas, but... that's probably not going to happen in any authentic, organic way when you are on camera for a national TV show, competing against those people.   lol   And Ricky tends to take this "I'm so enlightened and evolved and everyone else is fake and phony" approach to these discussions.   Even if that were true and everyone else in the house is fake and phony, it's not good to actually say or heavily imply it.  

But Ricky doesn't care if he offends anyone.  I think that it was  Lolo (or Natalie?) who was trying to explain to him how he could have handled a certain situation better or phrased something a different way, because it ended up angering someone (possibly Joey??  Not sure...), and Ricky clearly said that he was OK with the person (Joey or whoever) feeling that way, and that he wouldn't have said whatever he said if he wasn't  OK with Joey feeling that way.

I haven't caught Ricky being annoying enough times for me to hate him yet, and I am usually interested to hear his thoughts on who to vote out and what not, but I will not be shedding a tear if he gets booted out of the house at the next eviction.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 5

Frankly, I like the words woman or girl.  I hate the word ‘female’ because it is said too much in rap/pop culture.......which basically is used in the whore context.

Female dog.....bitch. Those bitches.  My bitches.   Women using.....You are my bitch. Hey, bitches!

I don’t like Tom. He is so condescending. Stop trying to make your stupid talk show happen.  He is so desperate.

I don’t like when HGs try to do ‘talk shows’ on BB. I don’t think the HGs like it that much either because they do ‘a few episodes’ and then no more.

I guess we wait and see who has the power.  Last night it was hard to follow BBAD.  

Reading the comments, here.....I guess everyone was on edge because ‘the Power Holder’ would  not reveal themselves........?

Listen up, Idiots!  These powers are done in secrecy for a reason!

If the person does not want to reveal themselves......they have every right.

Stop fighting with each other over it. Play your own game.

Kandi was pissed off because they kept harassing her over the Power. (Ricky?)  She is on the block, too.  I hope Kandi does have the power and makes it far into the game.  I like Kandi! 

Did I understand correctly?  Tom and Kato talking about not trusting LoLo and NEM...??? But, using them for votes....???

Edited by Dance4Life

Lolo: "I'm a team player. You gotta understand, when I'm a team player, I'm a team player."
Also Lolo, every fifteen minutes: "I DON'T TRUST MY TEAM ANYMORE."

Lolo: "Don't get mad at me when I say this..."
Also Lolo, every fifteen minutes: Gets mad at everything her "team" says.

Lolo: "Don't interupt me, don't berate me."
Also Lolo, every fifteen minutes: "SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME WHILE I BERATE YOU."

Guys, I could do this all fucking day.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Did I understand correctly?  Tom and Kato talking about not trusting LoLo and NEM...??? But, using them for votes....???

I expect that kind of thing in every Big Brother season!   It wouldn't be Big Brother without people teaming up with some folks they don't completely trust to keep the numbers on their side. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Lolo: "I'm a team player. You gotta understand, when I'm a team player, I'm a team player."

I didn’t finish watching BBAD last night because I could not keep up with the convos and attitudes. So, I was lost.

But, there was a scene in the bedroom with LoLo going off, again.  NEM looked like she was trying to exit the room.....not engaged back....?   Shaking her head  wide eyed not saying anything.

Then they started doing jumping jacks!  LoLo, NEM, Tamar (?) and was Joey leading..???

What was that all about???

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Lolo: "Don't get mad at me when I say this..."
Also Lolo, every fifteen minutes: Gets mad at everything her "team" says.

Lolo: "Don't interupt me, don't berate me."
Also Lolo, every fifteen minutes: "SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME WHILE I BERATE YOU."

Guys, I could do this all fucking day.

If I could triple "Like" this post, I would!  lol

• Love 5

Tom: "Give me a couple minutes to process this and then we'll talk again."
Lolo: "Okay but we can have another conversation before Veto?"
Tom: "Yeah, just give me fifteen minutes to process all this information and then we'll talk."
Lolo: *proceeds to talk non-stop for the next ten minutes about THE TEAM*
Tom: "... just give me fifteen minutes to process this..."
Lolo: "Okay, I just want to make sure that we can talk about this before Veto."

1 minute ago, Dance4Life said:

But, there was a scene in the bedroom with LoLo going off, again.  NEM looked like she was trying to exit the room.....not engaged back....?   Shaking her head  wide eyed not saying anything.

It's hard to say but that happens about once an hour, so... ?

1 minute ago, Dance4Life said:

Then they started doing jumping jacks!  LoLo, NEM, Tamar (?) and was Joey leading..???

Joey Lawrence, actor, singer, producer, and now personal trainer to Olympians, professional "wrestlers", and Tamar. It's one of the many reasons I've come back around on Joey. What annoyed me two days ago makes me laugh like crazy now.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I expect that kind of thing in every Big Brother season!   It wouldn't be Big Brother without people teaming up with some folks they don't completely trust to keep the numbers on their side. 

Totally!  But, with this cast....it happens every 5 minutes.

just STOP forming alliances.  

It is exhausting!  My brain can’t take it anymore.

Are the only solid alliances NEM + LoLo and Kato + Tom????  (As of January 30, 2019......2:42 pm) 

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 2

Lolo: starts losing her shit because Tom is taking too long to get to his point about why Ricky should be the backdoor.
Lolo: loses her shit more because her own TEAMMATE Natalie Eva Marie Tammy Courtney Justine is ringing the HoH doorbell.
Lolo: loses her shit because Kato rings the doorbell while Tom is talking to both of them.
Lolo: "Just blow up the alliance. I don't care anymore. This is ridiculous. We can't even talk. Just blow up the alliance."

I really want to see what happens when Lolo goes to the grocery store and is in the 10 items or less express lane checkout and the person ahead of her has 12 items. 

Lolo, to Tom: "So we're basically doing what you [the motherfucking HoH who makes the nominations] want."
Lolo, to Tom: "No, no. Listen to me. I listened to you for four minutes. No. Listen!"

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6

Right now -- 12:43 p.m. BB time -- Tom is trying to explain the plan to backdoor Ricky to Natalie and Lolo.  Lolo, as always, is getting heated and impatient.  She doesn't like Tom's plan.   

• Love 3

I would think this alliance would be dead by now. They obviously have hit the point where they cannot agree and should split off.

Unfortunately for Kato/Tom, Nolo will be able to bounce back if Ricky leaves because they still have Kandi/Tamar who are closer with them than the men.

Lolo needs to realize that she is putting a bigger target on her own back by getting so hostile about backdooring Ricky.  She should just let it go.

She doesn't like that Tom is only thinking about himself..... Whereas she, of course, never thinks of herself (as she yells at other people for their strategies because someone else in the house wants to get her out).  She is mad that Tom is overlooking the fact that Joey doesn't like her.   lol

Now Lolo is trying to remind Tom that Joey does not like him either (because Tom thought that Joey liked him), telling him all the things Joey has said about him.   She is totally opposed to saving Joey and booting Ricky. 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Everyone should leave the Tom+ Kato alliance.

If they don’t Tom + Kato are going to win. They are the most level headed and winning comps.

But, frankly both sides (NoLo)  have mentally departed and will come together to vote if they agree.

Can someone explain Ricky? Who does Ricky like in the house...etc....  His stuff seems to happen off camera. 

He doesn’t like Kandi, eh?

(Callaphera...thanks for the updates) 

Lolo doesn't understand that even if Ricky leaves, her and Natalie are safer than Tom/Kato. Kandi/Tamar would work with them more than Tom/Kato. Dina and Joey are wildcards, but Lolo would merely need to have some game conversations with Dina to help her out. Joey's the one that she dislikes and is clear she would never work with. 

Sure, I can understand Lolo wanting Ricky to stay....then win the fucking veto and keep noms the same. She's already proven that she doesn't trust Tom. If Tom doesn't understand this after today, then I can't help him.

• Love 2

Lolo, about Joey: "That's how good of an actor he is!"
Me: *laughs so hard I'm crying*

Lolo: "What's more personal: underwear on the floor or sending your best boy home?"
Underwear on the floor says you care? That's probably why I trip over the husband's ginch every morning.

I have been listening to Lolo's Bitch-fest 2019 Tour for a half hour now. I can't wait until she leaves the HoH bathroom and really lets loose when she's alone with Natalie Eva Marie Kristy Rebecca Jade.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

Lolo: I get that this is your HOH and you want Ricky gone...but I want you to listen to MY TWO FIGHTS WITH JOEY AND WHY I WANT HIM OUT!
Tom: So...if Kandi is pulled off the block, will you vote for Ricky to leave?
Lolo:....well....if the numbers are there....

Girl, you can't have it both ways. Both men can't go home, here. I know her ideal scenario would be for Joey to leave but she also can't honour Tom's wishes. 

• Love 1

Lolo, to Tom, in a nutshell: "HOW DARE YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR GAME! YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT MY GAME AND MY GAME ALONE. AND THE TEAM! THINK ABOUT THE TEAM! THIS IS NOT COOL, TOM. Also, you spill coffee on the floor. That might be an issue. THINK ABOUT THE TEAM!"

• Love 2

So, Tom has this chance to get Ricky out, which is probably not going to happen because Lolo refuses to go along with it.   Tom says that he wants to honor his alliance and not go against them, although he is still trying to convince her.  

Tom said that if Lolo agrees to get Ricky out now, he will let Lolo pick who they evict for the rest of the show.  She doesn't want to take that deal.

Tom is reminding Lolo that he went along with the plan to get out Ryan when he wanted Ricky out instead of Ryan.

The problem is that, even if Ricky ends up staying, Lolo and Natalie will most likely tell Ricky what Tom was going to do.   And then Tom will have Ricky, Lolo and Natalie against him too, as well as already having Tamar and Kandi against him.

Edited by TVFan17
Just now, TVFan17 said:

So, Tom has this chance to get Ricky out, which is probably not going to happen because Lolo refuses to go along with it.   Tom says that he wants to honor his alliance and not go against them, although he is still trying to convince her.  

Tom said that if Lolo agrees to get Ricky out now, he will let Lolo pick who they evict for the rest of the show.  She doesn't want to take that deal.

The problem is that, even if Ricky ends up staying, Lolo and Natalie will most likely tell Ricky what Tom was going to do.   And then Tom will have Ricky, Tom and Natalie against him too, as well as already having Tamar and Kandi against him.

It can happen if Lolo or Natalie don't win veto and he can ensure at least Dina's vote along with whoever gets pulled off the block. Oh, and to make sure Kato doesn't flip back because he's a pretty big dumbass who I could see backing out of the backdoor Ricky plan. 

Either way, Tom screwed his entire game with his HOH. He has no chance of winning, now.

• Love 3

Is it too early to start a prayer circle for Joey to survive this next eviction, win HoH, and throw Lolo's team player ass on the block? I can drink now and I have a bottle of wine in the fridge set aside for a special occasion. I think that #scenario would qualify. 

• Love 7

Kandi is talking to Ricky about being annoyed with Kato and Tom because she thought she could trust them and they put her on the block.  Ricky is saying that's just how they play, whether it's right or wrong.

Kandi is trying to tell Ricky she gets in her own head and interprets things from other people in ways that upset her.  Ricky tells her "The mind is just an instrument."

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Tom to Lolo: "We don't really have to talk again."
Translation: "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM, YOU CRAZY PERSON!"

Tom, after Lolo leaves the room: *breathes out* "My God!" *long suffering sigh* "Oh my God!"

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. Last year's group was about 10 times more interesting and they were just barely interesting lol.

Last year at the start of CBB1 I didn’t hardly know any over them from shit - but as the season progressed, I found myself rather pleasantly surprised at how I came to like them as people.  This year?  Not so much.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I already asked this but unless I missed it somehow I didn't see anyone answer: can the publicist power be used to take yourself off the block or just stop yourself from being nommed?

From the CBS website:

The Power of the Publicist will allow the chosen Houseguest to remove him or herself from nomination at one of the next two Nomination Ceremonies or Veto Meetings. The power can only be used once and expires after the Veto Meeting on Feb. 4, 2019, whether it is used or not.

...which I interpret to mean the winner can block a single nomination attempt, but can’t take themself off the Block once already nom’ed.  Since the Power was awarded before the first nom ceremony, either of the two people currently OTB could have invoked the Power then - had they possessed it.

• Love 1

Lolo went off to eat lunch, and Tom looks exhausted.

This is not going to go well for Tom, because Lolo and Natalie are probably going to end up blabbing something to Ricky, whether the plan is to keep him or evict him.

Edited to add:  Lolo is not eating lunch.  She is talking to Natalie.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

Tom and Kato are talking about what could happen if Ricky is put on the block, and they have to live with him freaking out and getting angry for one or two days.

Kato said that they can live with him freaking out.  

Tom says that either way it is going to be uncomfortable, but he hopes that they don't have 24 hours of an intense living situation.

Tom suspects that Ricky knows what is going on, and that Natalie might have told him.

Tom says that if this plan does not work, they have to break up their alliance with Natalie and Lolo.   

(Tom, I hate to tell you this, but no one other than Kato is your true ally at this point, so you're not going to get anyone else on your side, or get anyone to be loyal to you.)

Tom is tempted to tell Ricky now that they don't want to be in an alliance with him.   But he thinks that if Ricky explodes and gets angry, the girls will magically see that he is not someone they want to be aligned with.  

Edited to add:  Kato and Tom are now trying to talk to Natalie and explain everything.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

From Joker’s, a little bit back:

Wed 11:18 AM PT - 11:11 AM Tam/Lolo in CBR. Lolo, changing under a towel: "Kandi saw my underwear and said I see why you a virgin now! They were my most basic pair. Like - just neutral as f*ck."

Just to be be sure I got this right I asked the old lady, “Would this be considered catty - and if so, HOW catty?”

Her response: “MEEE-ow!”

:>

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

And this season, playing the role of Big Brother 15's Helen...

Natalie Eva Marie Shelley Sheree Laura: "IT'S TOO EARLY." (about getting rid of Ricky)

It might be too early if they were playing for 2 or 3 months.   This a short season, and they are already only 2 weeks away from the finale.   The time to make big moves is now!

While I do think that Tom is going to pay the price for his game play and get booted out of the house, he is correct in that he did not want to vote out Ryan and wanted to get out Ricky instead, but he went along with what everyone else wanted to do.   Now that he wants to do something his way on his own HoH, the  other members of his alliance (minus Kato) don't want to do it.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Natalie asked Lolo if they should tell Ricky what Tom wants to do.  Lolo thinks Ricky already knows.

Ricky walked in, and asked what they talked to Tom about.

(Uh-oh.  How long until they tell him?  It didn't take long.)

Ricky  doesn't think Tom will make the move to backdoor him.  The girls are asking Ricky what will happen if Tom puts him on the block.

Ricky thinks that Tom would have come to him to talk to him, to ask him if he has the power.  "Hopefully he puts Tamar up," Ricky said.

Natalie and Lolo are blabbing to Ricky.    They are so annoyed that Tom doesn't want to stick with the alliance of 5.

Ricky is actually trying to tell them that Tom is just paranoid.   Ricky said that Tom is going to get himself into trouble because he is depending on Kato to win the next HoH.

Ricky told them to not worry about him.

Ricky wants to talk to Tom.  Lolo doesn't want him to.

Lolo thinks they should not have told Ricky.  Ricky said they are getting caught up in Tom's paranoia and giving him too much power.

Edited by TVFan17

I was curious about LoLo’s real name as I forgot and saw on Wiki she is 36! 

36 year old virgin!

Cool, that is her choice.  But, for reason I thought she was 26.  

(guess I remembered wrong)

Such a pretty accomplished girl.  Maybe deep down she is asexual. 

Because, we know.....men love crazy girls!

• Love 1