Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Big Girl, Little Bus

• Start Topic

Heather is woefully pathetic, with possibly the lowest self-esteem of any chud ever featured on television.  The way she cried hysterically, and continues to pine for Buddy, more than a year removed from their relationship, is disgraceful.

Really, Heather...  Buddy???  I can hardly think of a worse male influence for her young kids than such a slovenly, obese, drug addicted, unemployed loser with zero ambition, developing anger issues and the personality of a dead deer.

Harsh, but realistic opinion in 3... 2... 1...  no way Buddy sees 40.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, auntjess said:

Like the 600 Lbers who have "too much going on" to diet.
And whoever from the show was in the bus, should have made Buddy pull over and let someone else drive immediately.  

Every time I hear this line used I wonder if I've dozed off and missed a major life event. 

Edited by Friday
Fixed typo, dosed to dozed
  • Love 15

I’m skeptical about Heather really pining for Buddy. Nothing else is real on this show so why would that be? If you check out her Instagram for the last year she seemed pretty fine but now she’s completely unhinged because Whitney let him in her house??? I think she’s signed up for the TLC paycheck and this is her role. I think it’s quite possible that she’s upset that Buddy has/had a girlfriend and she isn’t dating anyone. After all, if your ex is a former addict schlub but can get a date and you can’t, that’s depressing. Would she be upset if Whitney dated him? Probably especially since she will rub her nose in it. But I think the rest is overblown for the show. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Brooks said:

S'mores are just an excuse to eat Hershey's chocolate bars, so why not gobble the bars directly.  I'll take mine with almonds, please.

I love S'mores but just one only and not  the whole package of marshmallows. Chocolate bars and graham crackers like Twit does!  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Brooks said:

S'mores are just an excuse to eat Hershey's chocolate bars, so why not gobble the bars directly.  I'll take mine with almonds, please.

OK, just give me the roasted marshmallows.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Depending on what you do ("social services" is a huge umbrella) you likely don't need a PhD. However in a lot of fields like substance abuse treatment, child welfare, etc. you do need (and when you think about what these people do, really should have) a master's degree and advanced licensure. It's expensive and the jobs really don't pay much. If people weren't committed to the work, they would never choose these professions based on a cost/earning analysis alone.

For example, I got a master's in social work at a private university (it was the only one close to me and I wasn't able to relocate). Per credit hour, my MSW cost as much as a law degree - the tuition was the same. It was about 15 years ago and maybe things have changed and maybe my university was different, but most of the master's degreed people I know working in social services are saddled with heavy educational debt and their salaries don't reflect their advanced education and certification.

So I'm probably beating around the bush a little too much, I work in HIV/AIDS which is an incredibly complex, very data driven, expensive issue where the client base tends to be very high needs medically and socially, so you see everyone from doctors and nurses to lawyers, data scientists, compliance officers. A masters or a BSN, RN is not uncommon with a relatively low level case manager level because clients are often incredibly complex as far as needs go and their problems can be really intertwined. Like where do you start with a homeless, currently injectable drug using person that has untreated CDC defined AIDS?

• Love 6
On 1/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, aliya said:

Where is everybody?

I haven't had time to catch up with all my shows since the network schedulers obviously didn't consult with each other and put almost every TV show I watch on Tuesday nights.  And this one just isn't in my top priority right now.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Mothra, agree X1000. Especially about the S'mores. I didn't even like them when I was a Girl Scout but I have never heard anyone admit it before. I have a group of friends with whom I go winter camping and they bring outsized ingredients for outsized S'mores - and, I still haven't developed a taste for them. (Random thought: I think that possibly GSA created S'mores as well as Sitapons.)

Yeah and The Twit does think of herself as being an adorable little girl. I'm not sure if you saw the interview with Megan Kelley when she  stated "I'm short, I'm fat and I'm cute".

Sitapons??

• Love 1

Maybe I should have spelled it Situpons. It was a regular first day at camp activity: fold several sheets of newspaper into 2" strips, weave them into a square, get a piece of vinyl and close the ends with a blanket stitch and then use them as cushions. And when I say cushion it is a very loose definition.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I haven't had time to catch up with all my shows since the network schedulers obviously didn't consult with each other and put almost every TV show I watch on Tuesday nights.  And this one just isn't in my top priority right now.

You and me both!...this train wreck of a show, NCIS, Married at First Sight, The Profit, and We'll Meet Again.

3 hours ago, Tosia said:
5 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Is it weird that i love marshmallows charred black?

I do too. I have been know to use a long lighter to char a few when the craving hits at home.  

Yep, a gas stove would do it, and I've used a cigarette lighter.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Me from ME said:

(Random thought: I think that possibly GSA created S'mores as well as Sitapons.)

OMG.

At least it was kind of fun lacing up those two squares of oilcloth.  At least we didn't have to eat them.

• Love 1

Flashback time:  I had to sleep on the same floor with my friend’s  roommate for one night. It was awkward because it was an open floor, loft type room. Anyway, he farted and snored the entire night. Buddy is this guy. But In reality, the entire  TLC troupe stayed in a hotel. No effing way, Princess Buddy laid on floor, and no effing way, Drama Queen-sized  Twitney didn’t have a proper shitter to use. 

On a a more serious note: Buddy  talks easily and often about suicide, so it is not healthy for him to be on tv show geared towards triggering  his addictions. He should be getting professional help. And if this is part of the faux narrative for the show, all I can say is: fuck you, and may karma come by and greet you with a slap across the face. Suicidal idealization is not to be taken lightly.

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Flashback time:  I had to sleep on the same floor with my friend’s  roommate for one night. It was awkward because it was an open floor, loft type room. Anyway, he farted and snored the entire night. Buddy is this guy. But In reality, the entire  TLC troupe stayed in a hotel. No effing way, Princess Buddy laid on floor, and no effing way, Drama Queen-sized  Twitney didn’t have a proper shitter to use. 

On a a more serious note: Buddy  talks easily and often about suicide, so it is not healthy for him to be on tv show geared towards triggering  his addictions. He should be getting professional help. And if this is part of the faux narrative for the show, all I can say is: fuck you, and may karma come by and greet you with a slap across the face. Suicidal idealization is not to be taken lightly.

I agree! If Buddy is talking about suicide just for a story line, he sucks because there are people out there that are really depressed snd suicidal .

• Love 6

I would also appreciate it if TLC would show the token "if you are considering suicide please reach out to the suicide hotline at xxx-xxx-xxxx" message after the broadcast.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

OMG, thank you for putting into words what has been subconsciously bothering me for the last couple of episodes!  I guess I didn’t realize it until I read it just now.  His musing about suicidal thoughts in his sluggish, almost giggling way has really been creeping me out.  And then Twit will ask a clarifying question about his slightly veiled reference and then let it drop.  Seriously, if any part of that is real, I don’t need to be watching that train wreck for entertainment and he really doesn’t need to be on a television show.  He needs to be in treatment back home and close to sponsors and counselors and not constantly around all these “triggers” (so tired of that word).  His life is not worth the paycheck, and watching the Hindenburg burn certainly holds no entertainment value for me.  I like to snark at Twit as much as the next person because I think she’s a narcissistic asshole and she could turn her life around if she wanted, but if Buddy is that much of a danger to himself, I don’t want a front row seat to that disaster and I’m not entertained. 

• Love 14

Ratings for this episode:

#23 of Top 50 Tue cable shows

0.25 share

1,004,000 viewers (first episode this season with million+ viewers)

Interestingly, I AM JAZZ, which follows MBFFL, has been lagging behind until this week. It leapfrogged MBFFL by big numbers:

#14 of Top 50

0.31 share

1,148,000 viewers

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Interestingly, I AM JAZZ, which follows MBFFL, has been lagging behind until this week. It leapfrogged MBFFL by big numbers:

#14 of Top 50

0.31 share

1,148,000 viewers

I think that’s because they showed the beginning of her bottom surgery this week.  I think those who are only mildly interested were curious about that.  After next week’s episode I believe it will go back down again.

93D1CC12-D038-40CA-99B3-9F9D3CBAFEBD.jpe

I must have blinked when this part came on, or I was taking a bathroom break.  But now I can never unsee it 🤢

No words . . .

• Love 9
2 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I think that’s because they showed the beginning of her bottom surgery this week.  I think those who are only mildly interested were curious about that.  After next week’s episode I believe it will go back down again.

93D1CC12-D038-40CA-99B3-9F9D3CBAFEBD.jpe

I must have blinked when this part came on, or I was taking a bathroom break.  But now I can never unsee it 🤢

No words . . .

I was only half watching and when I looked I thought it was the back of an elephant entering the RV

• Love 6
On 1/24/2019 at 5:54 PM, Me from ME said:

Maybe I should have spelled it Situpons. It was a regular first day at camp activity: fold several sheets of newspaper into 2" strips, weave them into a square, get a piece of vinyl and close the ends with a blanket stitch and then use them as cushions. And when I say cushion it is a very loose definition.

Would you believe that I haven’t thought of situpons in 40 years and this is the second time this week I’ve had someone mention them?  😄

• Love 4
On 1/24/2019 at 4:54 PM, Me from ME said:

'Hi' from Camp May Flather, VA! I still remember most of our unit chants and that was >50 years ago. The camp has changed - when I was there it was pretty basic. They didn't even have a pool my first year. Now they have special sessions for different interests and the girls go for treats, not like the old days. It is a little weird to think that the college girls who were counselors are now women in their 70's. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, krushin said:

The producers and editors of this show must really have a blast with it

93D1CC12-D038-40CA-99B3-9F9D3CBAFEBD.jpeg

If this were me, seeing this picture would be enough for me to lose weight. I think someone should post this somewhere like her Instagram or Facebook so she could take a good look at herself (or in this case her fat ass)

• Love 9

That ass crack picture, Jesus. 

Im trying to work out the logistics of it. First, I’m guessing no underwear, because the pants are really wedged up in there.

But how? I mean, I have various pants I wear to yoga and they are tight and in order for them to be in my crack, I’d have to physically put them there myself. So does she hold her cheeks apart and someone else does the wedging, or vice-versa? Or is this something that happens naturally when one is of....wider stature? 

Maybe she enjoys having her clothes fit like that, since she can’t reach that part of her anatomy easily to attend to her basic hygiene. In that case, the pattern on the pants camouflages whatever might be on the inside of the pants. Just sayin’.

• Love 13

It's truly amazing how much degradation Whitney allows from TLC, including the brilliant episode names.  It might be the most hypocritical thing about her, given her lifelong pursuit of no fat shaming, so casually puts up with this (and from  her mother) but not even a hint of it from anyone else.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

My boyfriends gonna kill me but I printed it and plan to tape it to the refrigerator.

You'll find it very helpful. I haven't missed a single workout since I stuck the picture of Whitney sitting like a gigantic toddler on the beach in Hawaii to my gym bag.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

If this were me, seeing this picture would be enough for me to lose weight. I think someone should post this somewhere like her Instagram or Facebook so she could take a good look at herself (or in this case her fat ass)

The most horrifying thing is, Whitney thinks she looks HOT. She thinks her ass is sexy. IMO there is a difference between having a thick juicy booty and....THAT. Her ass does not look human. Sorry, not sorry.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

The most horrifying thing is, Whitney thinks she looks HOT. She thinks her ass is sexy. IMO there is a difference between having a thick juicy booty and....THAT. Her ass does not look human. Sorry, not sorry.

This is the biggest thing that continues to amaze me. She thinks she looks hot. How can that be? She truly believes that men thing she’s super sexy and they are falling all over themselves over her. A woman doesn’t have to be super thin to be considered hot. But you do have to have a human shape. Nothing is ‘hot’ or ‘sexy’ about skin tight leggings half way up your butt. We didn’t see the other side but I bet there is a disturbing and lumpy camel toe. That’s just gross at any size. 

• Love 11

Ok, this might be weird,  but I want to see a picture of my backside,  now. 

I'm about 40 lbs overweight and have been losing weight since summer,  and feeling great. 

I've always had a big booty, just born that way.  But I appreciate it more since the Kardashians made it a thing. 

But  I don't have those snazzy, elephant-patterned, too-small yoga pants. Darn. 

Or an RV. 

Or Flip-flops. 

I ll think about it.  

• Love 7

Looking at this photo again (why, why, why), if you remove the feet, you really can't easily tell you're looking at a human; looks more like the ass end of a huge animal, like an elephant or hippo with a case of mange.  I guess no tail is the giveaway.

image.thumb.png.0a2007dcbd6b88d868efd72ab11074ef (2).png

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

This is the biggest thing that continues to amaze me. She thinks she looks hot. How can that be? She truly believes that men thing she’s super sexy and they are falling all over themselves over her. A woman doesn’t have to be super thin to be considered hot. But you do have to have a human shape. Nothing is ‘hot’ or ‘sexy’ about skin tight leggings half way up your butt. We didn’t see the other side but I bet there is a disturbing and lumpy camel toe. That’s just gross at any 

https://www.thefashionspot.com/runway-news/654137-plus-size-models-lingerie/#/slide/1

Lovely plus size women. 

• Love 4

No one is insinuating one has to look like a model (or even a plus size model) to leave the house and live your life. But who willingly leaves the house in such awful attire?!!! Granted I know I’d look like crap if I was bent over and you were filming my buttocks, but I would at least have on solid colored leggings (if I was wearing leggings for comfort). 

• Love 6

Let’s just start with a basic improvement - PUT ON A SHIRT!! If she was wearing a top that came down over her leggings, as most people wearing leggings do, we wouldn’t have to see her cavernous crack or lumpy camel toe not to mention it would cover her belly. All of those things would be a huge improvement without having to lose a pound.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Like when Dr. Now told Steven Assante his feet did not look human anymore.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

But how can she think that when the only guys she is around are barnacles from high school, who are there for a TLC paycheck (Buddy), gay - so they wouldn’t have her even if she WAS hot (Todd & Tal), or chubby chasers (Lenny or Avi)?  She’s not on the regular dating scene, but with how senshul and promiscuous she claims to be, she would certainly be having more hook ups if she was hot.  Do you think all the bluster could just be a front to make her seem confident, or do you think she believes her own press?

• Love 4