Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: NCIS: Los Angeles

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

did anyone else notice no Mosley in the credits?

For some reason, I saw Anna being exonerated.  I am sure everyone chasing Sokolov would have thought he had a weapon.  Did I see her staying with ATF after it?  Nope, but I found it weird that she didn't fight the charges and just decided to accept it.  I also kind of saw Hetty sailing in to save her and am disappointed we still haven't seen her yet.  I know Linda Hunt had an accident, and I know she wants to step back a little, but a cameo here and there will keep me happy.  

Meanwhile, Deeks needs a decent hair cut, and I know Daniela Ruah just had one, but it looks like she hasn't had one for months too.  She used to be so classy, now she is almost as bad as he is.

Edited by LittlePeas3
had to add more thoughts
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LittlePeas3 said:

For some reason, I saw Anna being exonerated.  I am sure everyone chasing Sokolov would have thought he had a weapon.  Did I see her staying with ATF after it?  Nope, but I found it weird that she didn't fight the charges and just decided to accept it. 

That, plus her - what I thought weird - message to Callen and her dad made me wonder if she got a deal with some agency and this is an undercover gig of sorts.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

That, plus her - what I thought weird - message to Callen and her dad made me wonder if she got a deal with some agency and this is an undercover gig of sorts.

I had the same thought on this (GMTA).

8 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I hope so,  Bar Paly looked almost emaciated in this episode.  

• Love 4

How did the episode end?  DVR missed the last seven minutes (ads and previews) and cut off with Callen and the team in the alley with the 'assassin' dead from a shot to the lower right lung.  Did it really end there, or was there more?

And midway through the thanks to Sam's friend who helped with Mosley's son .....? what closure did I miss?

9 hours ago, enoughcats said:

How did the episode end?  DVR missed the last seven minutes (ads and previews) and cut off with Callen and the team in the alley with the 'assassin' dead from a shot to the lower right lung.  Did it really end there, or was there more?

And midway through the thanks to Sam's friend who helped with Mosley's son .....? what closure did I miss?

My rule for Sunday night after football is to record at least an extra half hour. You didn’t miss much. The wife cried and the Marine guy tried to recruit Sam to join his team of one. He was a loner roving agent with no base since he had also lost his wife. He saw Sam as a kindred spirit. Then Anna was sentenced to seven years. Could have been 15 but she had an exemplary service record. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, themadman said:

How on earth does NCIS pick up a case involving murder of an arms dealer? Isn't this very clearly a local police matter? 

NCIS San Diego had an open investigation on the victim's main competitor so they asked the LA branch to look into the case if there was any involvement.

And then of course it was all of a sudden "one of us" and proper procedure went out into the Pacific for a swim.

On 11/11/2018 at 8:10 PM, anna0852 said:

Bye Anna.

Don't for a minute think Anna's gone. Have to admit, I find Anna and Callen a much more interesting couple than Densi--not so "picture perfect." Loved the take down of Deeks--"You remind me of my dad." Way to go, girl! Especially after his comments about Kensi passing the GED. Just too bad it wasn't Kensi. Never really got why so many seem to think he's the catch of the bunch. They're all nice to look at, all have a sense of humor, are sharp, can be sassy--Callen and Sam are more mature (they don't make juvenile comments about women) and Beale's just nerdly adorable.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:12 AM, CheshireCat said:

Sure she's undercover. Why else stay in the same facility and not want Deeks to look into her case? That's the only thing that makes sense. Thought she said one thing and did another because the conversation wasn't confidential. Sorry about Arkady and Callen, though. Like those two.

On 11/13/2018 at 4:16 AM, themadman said:

How on earth does NCIS pick up a case involving murder of an arms dealer? Isn't this very clearly a local police matter? 

As stated, NCIS San Diego had an interest in one of his competitors, plus federal jurisdiction trumps local. It made sense for them to check it out just like the original NCIS show agents often check out murders of former military.

On 11/6/2018 at 7:56 AM, enoughcats said:

This is the NCIS franchise where people keep coming in to break the team up for having too much gun action and too many dead bodies of bad guys. 

This may be the only franchise where someone mentions their gunfights, but I think this season (at least) the team is not as "gun happy" as the NCISNOLA team. Every team outside of DC seems to use lethal force a lot. And while the "break up the team" story gets tired, the "someone's after Pride" or "Pride will save the day--again" stories really lack imagination.

When I began watching NCIS LA, I really enjoyed the undercover aspect of the show.  The fact that they played totally different roles each week and although there was a very loose underlying storyline, it was interesting.  I really miss that.  I wonder if it is because they all actually look a lot older now?  

On a totally other topic, I really like Turk in this season, he is such a nice addition over Mosley.  DD Ochoa, last week, I really liked, this week, I am not so sure.  This episode did not play out how I expected.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely  unexpected.  

Why do I think this Densi wedding is going to be nothing like what Deeks and Kensi are planning?  It just sounds too elaborate for the show.  I can't see them doing this big wedding somehow.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

When I began watching NCIS LA, I really enjoyed the undercover aspect of the show.  The fact that they played totally different roles each week and although there was a very loose underlying storyline, it was interesting.  I really miss that.  I wonder if it is because they all actually look a lot older now?  

On a totally other topic, I really like Turk in this season, he is such a nice addition over Mosley.  DD Ochoa, last week, I really liked, this week, I am not so sure.  This episode did not play out how I expected.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely  unexpected.  

Why do I think this Densi wedding is going to be nothing like what Deeks and Kensi are planning?  It just sounds too elaborate for the show.  I can't see them doing this big wedding somehow.  

I like Turk. Hope they make him a regular. Ochoa’s character is shadier than heck though.  I’m expecting him to be exposed as corrupt soon. 

Furthermore, this episode may have caused the show to have jumped the shark. This is so far removed from what an NCIS team ought to be involved in. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4

Did I miss something? Was that not the same actor that played Malachi Ben-Gidon on the mothership? Now he's still Israeli but with a different name?

I missed the beginning of the episode, but was confused about that the whole time.

9 hours ago, secnarf said:

Did I miss something? Was that not the same actor that played Malachi Ben-Gidon on the mothership? Now he's still Israeli but with a different name?

I missed the beginning of the episode, but was confused about that the whole time.

Nope, you missed nothing. They should have just made him the same character from Mothership. Those of us that watch both would appreciate the nod but it wouldn't confuse anyone who didn't know the history. 

13 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Nope, you missed nothing. They should have just made him the same character from Mothership. Those of us that watch both would appreciate the nod but it wouldn't confuse anyone who didn't know the history. 

Thanks. It's odd because it's not like he was a one-off on the mothership. He played a memorable recurring character (who is also Israeli!) and the shows ostensibly still exist in the same universe.

• Love 1
On 11/19/2018 at 4:28 PM, Rambler said:

Thank God the NCIS team was able to save the bad guy's life. Now he can be properly waterboarded to death by the super-secret covert black ops government agency.

I doubt he'll be turned over to the black ops folks.

13 hours ago, Notwisconsin said:

I find the Israel-hate on the various NCIS franchises annoying. Having most of the Israelis being pure evil (on our side, though) is gross and boring.

I don't see any Israel-hate on any of the NCIS shows nor are any of the Israelis pure evil, not even Ari from NCIS.

On 11/19/2018 at 7:39 PM, secnarf said:

Honestly, I watch both and I'd think it weird if he played the same character he played on NCIS. He did play the same character who appeared in an earlier NCISLA episode in Season 8, "Home Is Where the Heart Is."

I thought the writing on last night’s episode was a bit off. There were way too many interactions that dragged on a line or two too long. For example, when Callen said wth regard to the general, “then we’d better find him before they do.” That would have been a perfectly good place to end the scene. Instead we have Sam replying “Let’s do it,” as though that weren’t already implied. The running joke about Callen’s neighborhood app was awful. 

ECO needs some sort of grooming update in the worst way. He looks completely unkempt, and I think it’s actually aging him more. He needs to cut the hair at least a bit and shave, or something. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

ECO needs some sort of grooming update in the worst way. He looks completely unkempt, and I think it’s actually aging him more. He needs to cut the hair at least a bit and shave, or something. 

Or he needs to become proficient with a cross bow and vintage motor bike and target practice on the walking dead.

• Love 6

I thought the writing was way off and not in character. I hate the bar stuff. I think ECO’s look has spread to Daniela. She’s beautiful but they are both looking shaggy. Sam and Callen seemed to be completely off - I don’t know if the writing affected their timing but just ugh. And the house stuff with Eric and Nell was way overdone. Probably my least favorite episode ever. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

I watch this show on and off and watched the episode that aired on Sunday the 25th. Seriously we now have two couples to deal with. The show has lost some of it's mojo but it's still good TV to watch.

Look on the bright side: until recently, there was a third couple - Anna and Callen ;-)

I don't mind Nell and Beal. I like them together and think the actors play off of each other well. Kensi and Deeks I could do without but this season they don't bother me as much as last season.

• Love 2
On 11/27/2018 at 2:18 PM, may flowers said:

I thought the writing was way off and not in character. I hate the bar stuff. I think ECO’s look has spread to Daniela. She’s beautiful but they are both looking shaggy. Sam and Callen seemed to be completely off - I don’t know if the writing affected their timing but just ugh. And the house stuff with Eric and Nell was way overdone. Probably my least favorite episode ever. 

I get what you mean about least favourite episode ever, I usually watch an episode twice, and this week, I haven't even been phased or enthused to watch it a second time.  The writing this season has been so up an down.  Some weeks it is "wow" and other weeks it is "meh".  Have they found new writers?  I really would like them to go back to the under cover roles they used to play all the time.  They were at least interesting.  And yes, Daniela is looking as shaggy as ECO on the show itself, on her instagram, she is still looking beautiful.  I feel it is for the show and their hair people are doing her an injustice. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Look on the bright side: until recently, there was a third couple - Anna and Callen ;-)

Anna's back in the Christmas episode "Joyride" and I'm really happy to hear that (along with Arkady). I find Callen and Anna the most interesting couple on the show--far more so than Densi (boring) or Neric (silly). Even though I like the characters individually, Densi's a combo of a "romance novel" couple and old coeds, while Neric is verging on too cute (not all nerds act like 10 yr olds, Eric). And the endless wedding talk is like verbal diarrhea.

On 11/27/2018 at 4:57 AM, Sake614 said:

Does anyone know if Renee is pregnant? I know Nelle always wears loose clothes but she’s been looking a bit fuller this season. 

I remember folks asking this last season. I don't understand why.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ymeagain said:

I remember folks asking this last season. I don't understand why.

As I said, she looks fuller. Her face especially. So I was just curious if she was pregnant.  I didn't notice anything last season.

Last season (or was it the one before?) her wardrobe, camera angles (upper body & up, or face only), and the props she carried at waist level (and the hair framing the face) are all the tricks that are used when an actress is pregnant and her character isn't.  Add in a fuller face and a seemingly fuller body, and people think pregnancy.  Next choice is she's sick and the medical treatment, while effective, is adding at the very least camera-pounds.

Hollywood has taught us to make that assumption, just as we've learned to look for split-screen shots when an actor is (or seems to be) twinning.  My favorite example of that was on Stargate SG-1, when O'Neill and his (thirty+ year younger} clone were in the same shot.  It was framed as a split-screen of a twinned character, even though the twinned character was played by two different actors, and the shot was not a split-screen at all.

My labored point is that the camera setups are leading some of us (including me) by the nose to an assumption of actress pregnancy.  Which is none of our business.  So Show should make itself a more interesting subject for discussion.

• Love 1

Dang, just dang.

It's taking less time to watch an hour of NCIS LA.  Fast forward has always been my friend for commercials, but now I'm using it for the presumably romantic banter between the couples.  Are the writers really getting paid to make the couples seem foolish and too immature to be entering into relationships that can lead to parenthood?  

I continue to be bothered by nonsense banter as workers approach a potentially dangerous situation.  All senses need to be on what may happen, not on the crap that happens to cross the writers' minds to fill space in that episode.

• Love 3
On 11/29/2018 at 7:44 AM, kassygreene said:

Last season (or was it the one before?) her wardrobe, camera angles (upper body & up, or face only), and the props she carried at waist level (and the hair framing the face) are all the tricks that are used when an actress is pregnant and her character isn't.  Add in a fuller face and a seemingly fuller body, and people think pregnancy.  Next choice is she's sick and the medical treatment, while effective, is adding at the very least camera-pounds.

Hollywood has taught us to make that assumption, ....

My labored point is that the camera setups are leading some of us (including me) by the nose to an assumption of actress pregnancy.  Which is none of our business.  So Show should make itself a more interesting subject for discussion.

Hollywood hasn't "taught" all of us that. I like the different camera angles--find them interesting and often pertinent to the scene (like the angles in "Hit List" when Callen and Sam entered the house and searched for the suspect). Some of us aren't really interested in the actors' private lives.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:40 PM, enoughcats said:

It's taking less time to watch an hour of NCIS LA.  Fast forward has always been my friend for commercials, but now I'm using it for the presumably romantic banter between the couples.  Are the writers really getting paid to make the couples seem foolish and too immature to be entering into relationships that can lead to parenthood?  

I continue to be bothered by nonsense banter as workers approach a potentially dangerous situation.  All senses need to be on what may happen, not on the crap that happens to cross the writers' minds to fill space in that episode.

The only couple that engages in "nonsense banter" while approaching a potentially dangerous situation seems to be Densi (mainly Deeks). His inability to shut up is one of his more irritating characteristics IMO, but I've never found him believable as an LAPD detective--or a detective on any major police force--or as an attorney. For being smart, he often acts like a 12 yr old. but some viewers find that immaturity attractive--or they don't find it immature. It's all opinion, so I guess the show provides something for everyone. I've bee FF through Densi scenes for several seasons. lol

• Love 1

Not a bad entry. We got a callback to The Box ($10 says that ends up the name of the bar), some good team banter, a Granger shout-out and even some glimpses of humanity from the Special Prosecutor. All in all a solid episode. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Not a bad entry. We got a callback to The Box ($10 says that ends up the name of the bar), some good team banter, a Granger shout-out and even some glimpses of humanity from the Special Prosecutor. All in all a solid episode. 

I’m going for Densi as the name as a special Easter egg for this forum! Or possibly ‘ the Boathouse’, which is what it reminds me of. 

I only half paid attention so I missed the Granger reference.  I also wondered why a special prosecutor/ auditor thought he should be allowed to ride along. Pretty sure he doesn’t carry a gun and isn’t a real agent. 

What’s the deal with the box?   

Edited by mythoughtis

I really want to know, "What is in the box?" I had hoped Eric and Nell would have found it and produced it at the end of the episode.  I am glad that episode was watchable, considering the last was ordinary at best.  I am glad the special prosecutor isn't as annoying a character as Mosley was, and the fact he was playing Fortnight with Beal at the end  was kind of quirky.  I am kind of leaning towards The Box too, but in all reality, I have no idea :) 

The storyline moved fast again in places this week.  They jumped from suspecting that lady to being her ally without really questioning her, and took it for granted she was CIA because she knew Sabatino's name.  

Edited by LittlePeas3

My trivia du jour.

The lady who was robbed:  hasn't she been in an NCIS homeship episode?  Maybe as a prostitute with elite clients ?  I seem to remember her in scenes with Gibbs and her having a gorgeous wardrobe? 

Real world: the bar would have a name before they apply for and get a liquor/beer/wine license depending on local laws. 

I got excited when I saw Linda Hunt's photo and name at the beginning of the episode (and also excited at not seeing Moseley's name or photo.)

2 hours ago, enoughcats said:

The lady who was robbed:  hasn't she been in an NCIS homeship episode?  Maybe as a prostitute with elite clients ?  I seem to remember her in scenes with Gibbs and her having a gorgeous wardrobe? 

I wondered this myself.  She looked sooooo familiar!

I think they're going to name the bar "The Golden Hammerhead."

After an action scene, ECO actually reached up and patted his hair, like he was checking to see if his "beach hair" stealth combover or hair piece was still in place.  It didn't appear to be a Deek's actor-y bit of stage craft, it looked like a real world "is my bald spot showing?" move.

• Love 2

So someone please explain to me what happened at the end. I guess she was CIA but they never gave (or I missed it) a reasonable explanation on who did the actual robbery and why. I do know Saudi Arabia and Iran were involved.

And what about her shady business deals and accounting. Must have been a CIA thing.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:33 AM, enoughcats said:

Real world: the bar would have a name before they apply for and get a liquor/beer/wine license depending on local laws. 

I had a liquor license in a large midwest city and the license was in my name. The name and location were on the license but the key was my name.

19 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

Robbery victim was played by Dina Meyer. Who also played Holly Snow, a Heidi Fleiss like madam, on the mother ship. She is a little bit of an HiTG!

Don't care what her name is but she is a stone cold fox.

• Love 1
On 11/27/2018 at 7:28 PM, CheshireCat said:

I don't mind Nell and Beal. I like them together and think the actors play off of each other well. Kensi and Deeks I could do without but this season they don't bother me as much as last season.

Anna is back next week, and I for one, am okay with that. IMO they're a nice break from the silliness that is Neric and the sappiness that is Densi. I don't care about couples, but if they're going to have one, at least one of them should act like adults.

As for this latest concoction by Jaffe, my question is, Who does she know? She obviously didn't get to be a producer because of her experience (outside of NCISLA she has virtually none) or talent, so she either knows a lot of people through her family or her schooling. I am NOT going to call her a writer because putting words on paper doesn't make her one of those, either. That was almost as bad as "Pro Se." The case was boring and made no sense Was she CIA? If she might be selling government secrets, wouldn't you get a warrant to open the box? Or were our two "elite" NCIS agents so enthralled that they believed her story (she did know Sabatino, and she might know Joelle--another good reference) and just handed her back the box without a worry in the world even though several people had died trying to steal it and the theft involved possibly a foreign government whose agents were operating on US soil in violation of how many treaties AND with a special prosecutor present? Boy, is he providing "adult supervision" -- and he's a gamer, of course! And let's not forget the endless conversation about the name of the bar because that is so important. The writing is so inconsistent, I'm starting to check the writer and avoid those who just create junk.

11 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

And what about her shady business deals and accounting. Must have been a CIA thing.

No idea. Jaffe must have completely forgotten about that.

Edited by 123BP
correction
  • Love 1

I have to say, I do (usually) love the Callen/Anna relationship.  Maybe the craziness of Arkady adds a little bit too.  I really thought they would have explained what was going on with Anna this episode, evidently it is something they are going to string out for a few episodes.  I  do think she is undercover and the sentencing was the cover that was needed.  I feel they are heading down  a relationship road for Des Champs and Sam too.  Maybe not yet, but in the future.  

The episode storyline (the reservist and the marine - I assume) was a bit of a stretch, but the Callen/Anna storyline saved the day for me. 

• Love 3

I really liked this episode. Man, I did not like Anna when she first showed up. She was clearly relationship bait for Callen, and I remember being decidedly unimpressed with how clearly they wanted her to impress me. But she and Callen have come a long way for me to actually enjoy them both and want to see more in an episode where they are essentially just sitting/laying around a hospital.

Do they want me to like Rogers or not? Peter Jacobson has played so many slimy/villainous characters lately that I forget he has the ability to play someone I don’t actively want to punch. I’m just not sure yet which one Rogers is supposed to be.

I liked Deeks’ toast at the end; it was appropriately reflective and hopeful. Including Hidoko with Granger was nice, but also kind of bummed me out again because felt like the show was definitively stating there’s no way she faked her death (which was probably a pipe dream from the outset). It just sort of bugs me that Mosely is still alive but Hidoko isn’t.

And now, for my completely-out-of-left-field speculation: are we about to lose one of our analysts? Something about the extra focus on them makes me concerned that we might suddenly lose one of them (I keep thinking something is going to happen to Beale in particular). Maybe we’re just spending more time with them since Hetty is still out of the picture, or maybe it’s leading somewhere else. I just wonder if, since the more obvious loss would be Deeks or Kensi (or both, because if you lose Kensi you definitely also lose Deeks), maybe there’s a swerve coming where we lose Eric or Nell instead.

Edited by kickingnames
  • Love 4

The Eric and Nell thing doesn't do it for me so I'll start FF thru their scenes.

Looks like they are setting Sam up with the lady NCIS agent. Thought he was married but maybe they wrote her out of the show that I missed.

Other than all the small talk a decent show for me.

1 hour ago, CaptainCranky said:

Looks like they are setting Sam up with the lady NCIS agent. Thought he was married but maybe they wrote her out of the show that I missed.

Spoiler

Sam’s wife was kidnapped and eventually died at the end of Season 8.

Edited by kickingnames
Better safe than sorry