Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: NCIS: Los Angeles

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

Since we seem to be speaking about hair a lot, what about Callen’s perpetual scruff?

As a guy, I’m no fan of it simply because when I try to do it, I look like an idiot. Plus it gets real itchy after the first day. Plus it looks sloppy, especially if you wear a suit (and I’ve seen Callen do that while undercover).

Having said that, though, it seems to work on Callen. It works much better than Deeks’ scruff, but some of my objection to his scruff could be because of his hair (see all the conversation above.)

1 hour ago, JackONeill said:

Since we seem to be speaking about hair a lot, what about Callen’s perpetual scruff?

I wouldn't touch Callen's "perpetual scruff." It's much neater than Deeks', but beyond that, the look is sizzling on him--and totally acceptable today.

I really thought this episode was much better than last week's. Interesting given the current political situation with SA. Thought everyone was good, especially Chris. See that Deeks and Kensi have reverted to their usual banter as though Mexico happened in some kind of alternate universe.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

My thoughts on episode 3 (in no particular order): 

- loved the Deeks comment about Callen going to the Hetty's school of learning (or something similar), I thought it was funny

- Eric and Nell's reaction to Joelle was priceless.  

- Kensi and Deeks still look like they are trying to be hobos, I am especially not liking the whole way they are dressing and hair-styling Daniela Ruah this season

- I am hoping this will lead to a mission to save Callen's dad, however, I am doubting this as that would be off the books and there is too much fallout (supposedly) from the unsanctioned Mexico Mission

- Mosley is on the new credits, does this mean she is staying?

- the lack of knowledge on the fallout from the Mexico Mission is annoying me slightly, I want to know what is going on with that, when are we going to get Hetty back? 

- Joelle leaving at the end was a little predictable, I assumed it was going to happen when Callen drove away before the door opened.  She is sure to turn up again now for one reason or another.  I personally think she is preserving her life should any of those who were trying to assassinate the prince manage to escape/avoid capture. 

I'm almost in 100% agreement with you. Except I am liking Kensi's style this season. Long live tank tops. 

On to actual important stuff. 

Too much Eric and Nell for my taste. I just don't buy them as a couple. 

I like Joelle and Callen so I hope we see her again. 

Loved seeing sniper Kensi. Also liked hearing her mention the treatment of women in SA. 

As much as I don't like Mosley, it's about time they talk about what happened in Mexico. This is probably bad to say but I really don't care about her and her son. :/

Not missing Hetty at all. 

3 minutes ago, 123BP said:

I wouldn't touch Callen's "perpetual scruff." It's much neater than Deeks', but beyond that, the look is sizzling on him--and totally acceptable today.

I really thought this episode was much better than last week's. Interesting given the current political situation with SA. Thought everyone was good, especially Chris. See that Deeks and Kensi have reverted to their usual banter as though Mexico happened in some kind of alternate universe.

On one hand I'm glad they didn't bring unnecessary drama for Kensi and Deeks by extending that argument. On the other hand seems like more one conversation could have been had. Maybe about how Deek's TBI. 

What was up with Joelle's hair? That was one bad wig or someone in hair and makeup needs some firing.

I think they need to have the mission to find Callen's father be sanctioned - maybe he has information or they need his father for something, so they can go in with permission, because there's been waaayyy too many off-the-books missions the last few seasons and it's getting really old.

I did find that I missed that authority person there, whether it be Admiral Kilbride, Hetty ... not really Mosely, but someone. I didn't really like the team on their own for some reason.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Kelda Feegle said:

Any bets on this season ending with a wedding? 

And please no more kissyface in ops.

Hopefully, as the whole planning BS is really lingering much too long.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2018 at 12:10 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

loved the Deeks comment about Callen going to the Hetty Lang: school of mischief, I thought it was funny

Spare me Deeks's sanctimonious comments. This coming from the guy who's been under LAPD investigation for 2-3 yrs. for killing his partner & hasn't told anyone except his partner? I hope the sh** hits the fan when this finally comes out--and I hope Callen, especially, has some pretty strong words for him. I don't know if the writers are intending Deeks to be such a douche when it comes to Callen, but he's sure coming off that way: more concerned about what might happen to Kirkin than Callen's dad. He needs to cut Callen some slack: in the past year his dad's been sent to Russia to probably be tortured, he's been fighting with Mosley all year, he almost lost Hetty, his girlfriend's under investigation & he had to testify, he got back a week ago from rehab for internal bleeding/punctured lung/broken back, he's had to leave the only home where he was happy growing up, and his former girlfriend who betrayed him has shown up. Deeks, meanwhile, is planning his wedding to his partner. Put things in perspective, man.

On 10/15/2018 at 7:56 AM, Kelda Feegle said:

And please no more kissyface in ops.

If it's okay for Kensi and Deeks in the bullpen, it's okay in ops IMO.

Edited by ymeagain
correction
On 10/15/2018 at 12:10 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

Joelle leaving at the end was a little predictable, I assumed it was going to happen when Callen drove away before the door opened.  She is sure to turn up again now for one reason or another.  I personally think she is preserving her life should any of those who were trying to assassinate the prince manage to escape/avoid capture. 

I actually liked Joelle in this episode, but I think she didn't go to her family because she really loves Callen. Thought this was a great job by Chris--he seemed tired and sort of resolved to the loss of everyone in his life at the end, the job has definitely taken a toll on him physically & emotionally. Same is true for Sam. He's different from earlier seasons. Kensi & Deeks seem like nothing much has happened to them.

Edited by ymeagain
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ymeagain said:

I actually liked Joelle in this episode, but I think she didn't go to her family because she really loves Callen. Thought this was a great job by Chris--he seemed tired and sort of resolved to the loss of everyone in his life at the end, the job has definitely taken a toll on him physically & emotionally. Same is true for Sam. He's different from earlier seasons. Kensi & Deeks seem like nothing much has happened to them.

I don't know if she really loves Callen.  I think she still fears repercussions, she was targeted to be killed by them.  The more I think about it, I assume that there are figureheads pulling the strings that are anonymous which would mean that she could still be a target, therefore her family would be a target too.

Edited by LittlePeas3
more random thoughts
23 hours ago, ymeagain said:

I actually liked Joelle in this episode, but I think she didn't go to her family because she really loves Callen.

I got that feeling, too. She desperately wanted to say something to Callen while they were in the car. (I don't think we'll hear anymore about "the syndicate." I'm hoping the writers learned their lesson from the entire mole debacle.) I think a Joelle-Callen-Anna storyline could be interesting IF the writers do it right and don't make it a focal point (which is my main pet peeve with Densi--it's been given far too much attention, IMO). As for the wedding talk, OMG, elope!!

2 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

*death* on the boat yeah?

Well, it is a wooden boat and there are lots of nearly dead wooden boats in boat yards all over the country just waiting to be used for some worthy cause.  Getting rid of Mosely certainly would be a good way to get rid of another wooden boat, IMO. (Yep, I really hate the maintenance required for wooden boats.)  Oh, you hope for a faked double death? OK. we can go with that, too.

• Love 1

So they are totally setting up a Mosely and son *death* on the boat yeah? Going have to rush it if they want to take advantage of the stormy weather.

Hopefully Otis the sea lion survives any potential boat-related carnage!

I'm enjoying Gerald McRaney's character. I hope we can keep him long term. 

• Love 4

Get rid of Moseley, keep Gerald McRaney. I just can’t see how they will redeem her.  Her whole focus has been to torture them them and save her son at ALL COST. I just can not forgive her for that. No matter that is was her son. They could have written the whole arc better with her being better with the team and maybe trying to save him on her own first.  I can not forgive the writers or Moseley for sacrificing Hidoko

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Aliconehead said:

Get rid of Moseley, keep Gerald McRaney. I just can’t see how they will redeem her.  Her whole focus has been to torture them them and save her son at ALL COST. I just can not forgive her for that. No matter that is was her son. They could have written the whole arc better with her being better with the team and maybe trying to save him on her own first.  I can not forgive the writers or Moseley for sacrificing Hidoko

Completely agree with this. No mention of Hidoko this ep at all really annoyed me. Guntoting Mama off to pick up the kid from school? Puhlease, she's the Mommest momma that ever Mommed. Got Hidoko killed, nearly all the team killed, burned a source of info, shot the ex in cold blood - there HAS to be consequences.

Edited by Kelda Feegle
  • Love 4

If we’re keeping the Admiral, may we also keep the deputy director? I love Esai Morales almost as much as Gerald McRaney. 

I don’t like Moseley. The sooner she leaves, the better.  I don’t think she’s done destroying the team and Hetty yet, though.  Any chance Hetty is on the beach in Cabo? No? Nice thought though.

How many times now have there been investigators set up in the gym?  I remember the DOJ team where the lead female investigator got shot. Anyone else?

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

So they are totally setting up a Mosely and son *death* on the boat yeah?

Mosley isn't going on the boat; it's just Sam and Derrick.

6 hours ago, may flowers said:

I love Esai Morales

Like him, too. Nice to have someone who's quiet and unemotional in charge (Mosley always seems to be suffering from PMS).

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Ellee said:

Have a feeling that both Hetty and Mosely will come out of this fine.  Just wish Hidoko could suddenly appear. Maybe along with Turk.  :D

I keep wondering if Hidoko isn't dead?  For some reason,this just reeks of Hetty and her ploys to make plays in random places.  She has cards everywhere.  It is just a gut feeling and I am following my gut on this.  Maybe it is too predictable and not true, but I really loved the character and I want her back! This is the only way I see it happening.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I keep wondering if Hidoko isn't dead?  For some reason,this just reeks of Hetty and her ploys to make plays in random places.  She has cards everywhere.  It is just a gut feeling and I am following my gut on this.  Maybe it is too predictable and not true, but I really loved the character and I want her back! This is the only way I see it happening.  

I think that's a reasonable suspicion as we never did see the face-or even the skin color - of the person killed.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I think she's dead until the writers see a need/use for her.  They left an opening so that competent writer can resurrect her without being any more illogical than the show's extremes.

• Love 1

It would be very easy to resurrect her.  She will just be missing a finger or toe or something.  Hidoko being resurrected would be very high on my list as long as it comes with retribution for Moseley. I really want her to pay for everything she did. 

I loved the Admiral's ruse of making sure the gym and firing range were well used during the weasel interviews.  It cracked me up big time.  Especially when Eric was so nervous about the interview, but completely blase about the automatic gunfire, clanking weights, and grunting wrestlers.

• Love 1

So ... Sam telling Moseley that she needs to fix this for Hetty, herself and the team all the while getting ready to take Moseley’s son on the boat.   What do you all think?   Lol, I’m thinking they are going to getclose.   

I am not sure how I feel about 10x05.  It almost seemed like it was a lead up solely to bring in the storyliine of Anna's trial that seems to be happening next week (to me anyway). I did like not seeing the constantly joking Deeks for a change, but I can't get by how much he needs a hair cut and a better shave.  It is really starting to bug me.  I feel the storyline could have been better done over 2 episodes, not rushed in one. 

• Love 1

The storyline really did speed by quickly. 

Interesting to see that each time in court the girl in trouble looked a mess whereas in jail and immediately after being released she looked put together. 

So next week we see Arlo and I’m assuming Mosley.  In the previews when the crew was in ops, it was Mosely that was there wasn’t it?

I did like seeing serious Deeks.  At first when Callen was being the "lawyer" in court, and seemed to be boofing his legal lines, I thought it was odd that he was so awkward.  Then when they show Deeks feeding him the lines through his ear bug, you realized that Callen was kind of faltering here and there because he was editing Deeks's angry flippancy on the fly.  That was a subtlety that I thought was rather well done.

Poor Callen....unlucky in family, unlucky in love.

The actress playing Anna looked positively emaciated last night.  I get it that Hollywood puts outrageous expectations on actresses to remain slim in order to get cast, but I remember Anna as being kind of lush-slim, not bony-slim.  Daniela Ruah is also one of those lushly slim types, and it makes her more believable as someone who kicks ass the way she does.  There was a camera angle last night that was looking kind of over her shoulder to give a Kensi-eye view and her neck and jawline was in foreground.  That woman has some bone structure on her! 

Edited by HurricaneVal
  • Love 6

I lost interest last night when I realized that there would be no Mosley and no Hettie.  I wasn't satisfied with "our parents are away, we can play" throwaway lines. 

I still think that Hettie would have been terrible "under cover" as her height makes her a very, very small part of the population. Describe her.  Go on.  Eye color, hair color, voice?  Nope, height is the first thing that separates her from 99.99 percent of the population. Being female is the next. 

6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I did like seeing serious Deeks.  At first when Callen was being the "lawyer" in court, and seemed to be boofing his legal lines, I thought it was odd that he was so awkward.  Then when they show Deeks feeding him the lines through his ear bug, you realized that Callen was kind of faltering here and there because he was editing Deeks's angry flippancy on the fly.  That was a subtlety that I thought was rather well done.

Poor Callen....unlucky in family, unlucky in love.

The actress playing Anna looked positively emaciated last night.  I get it that Hollywood puts outrageous expectations on actresses to remain slim in order to get cast, but I remember Anna as being kind of lush-slim, not bony-slim.  Daniela Ruah is also one of those lushly slim types, and it makes her more believable as someone who kicks ass the way she does.  There was a camera angle last night that was looking kind of over her shoulder to give a Kensi-eye view and her neck and jawline was in foreground.  That woman has some bone structure on her! 

That was one of the worst episodes EVER. Glad it had such a small viewing audience. Now, I just wonder if anyone will come back next week (I might not). It was really unwatchable. The whole premise was STUPID. Who is Jordana and where did she NOT learn to write? The team gets a civilian to work undercover for them? Sorry, but isn't that THEIR job? And a former prostitute? The court scene was a joke. Hey, Jordana, lawyers can have NOTES. Callen was presenting new facts; he didn't need coaching from Deeks. Just unbelievably dumb. And the Callen-Anna scene. WTH was THAT all about? This whole thing is getting as ridiculous as the mole story arc. Anna told him not to lie, now she's pissed because he didn't lie? Anna said this wasn't going to break her, now she's terrified? We weren't sure what happened with Sokolov, but she tells Callen--a federal agent who could be subpoenaed--that she killed Sokolov intentionally? I can understand Anna's look--she's supposed to be under stress--but the entire episode was one for the trash. And if you're going to write "legal" scenes, at least get the basics right. A person who's arrested goes to JAIL first to get processed, NOT the courthouse, and they usually don't go to the courthouse the same day. What a joke. (Oh, and as for all the to do about Deeks being a good man--he got Tiffany into the situation to begin with, so yea, he should have gotten her out--that was the least he could do.) The best person in this ep for me was Whiting (I've always liked her and at least HER character is CONSISTENT). 

5 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I really liked the acknowledgment from Sam and Callen that Deeks is a good attorney. Neither of them is particularly good about treating Deeks respectfully so this was a nice change.

Deeks gets plenty of respect and there was nothing remarkable about his "lawyering" in that episode. Any law student could have handled that.

Edited by ymeagain
correction

I liked that the bad guy had two operations going on at the same time, yet still found the time to take a spin class. The dude has his priorities straight. It worked too, because by the time Kenzie got to the balcony, he was fast disappearing into the distance like the roadrunner. That spin instructor must be as amazing as advertised.

Good grief, what was that episode supposed to be? I couldn't understand why the writer brought back Tiffany. Was it just to have that conversation with Deeks? One conversation seems like a wonky reason to write an episode. As for "showcasing" Deeks' legal skills, that was pathetic. A first year law school student could have handled that. And using Tiffany for an undercover assignment? If it'd been going on as long as they said, did Mosley okay it? I mean, that's a stretch. And if she didn't, then Callen would have had to, and THAT'S a stretch. And the Callen-Anna scenes. The writer didn't write Venganza (probably why it made sense), but she could have at least watched it to see what the characters did. I can't even imagine how the next writer is going to fix THAT mess. I get it that the writer is also a producer, but could someone vet her next script before they start filming? Anyway, that nightmare is over (and I'm never happy to see low ratings, but I'll make an exception for that episode), so here's hoping for some good, old-fashioned action this week. (And talking about next episode, since when did Callen ever trust ANYONE other than Hetty and his team? For some reason--after almost dying in Mexico--he trusts Mosley to do the "right thing" for the team? Really? That's ridiculous. I understand Gemmill wants to go in a "new" direction, but you can't change characters after 9 seasons for no reason and expect viewers not to notice.)

Edited by 123BP
addition
  • Love 1

Well I much rather liked this episode than the last one, I can honestly say I didn't see Turk working with Mosley, nor the way it was going to turn out, (but I also didn't see the sneak peeks this week), however, the way the team told their story word for word at the end would have rung alarm bells if I was the investigator.  I found it odd they were all exonerated with that story, however, I am glad that part of the investigation is over.  It seemed to drag on a lot.

I do like the new deputy director though.  Esai Morales is good.  

16 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Well I much rather liked this episode than the last one, I can honestly say I didn't see Turk working with Mosley, nor the way it was going to turn out, (but I also didn't see the sneak peeks this week), however, the way the team told their story word for word at the end would have rung alarm bells if I was the investigator.  I found it odd they were all exonerated with that story, however, I am glad that part of the investigation is over.  It seemed to drag on a lot.

Once they mentioned Turk as the other person with a bounty on his head, it was clear he was going to be working with Mosley if he showed up and she was trustworthy, which I assumed she was.

The investigator clearly suspected what was going on, based on his facial expressions while listening and his description of their statements as "strikingly corroborative"  He knows he is being fed BS, but he also knows that their story is tight and he won't be able to crack it.  He basically waved the white flag, but made it clear that he doesn't buy it for a minute and will be back if he finds an opening.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, forumfish said:

. I always enjoy Max Martini on my TV and hope he sticks around.

yes please. In fact, I'd like both him and his adorable puppy to join the team. Extra points if Turk takes his shirt off at least once per episode. ;)

• Love 4

Am I the only viewer who physically laughed out loud at the shoot-em-up scenes?  

This is the NCIS franchise where people keep coming in to break the team up for having too much gun action and too many dead bodies of bad guys. 

Or is this writers' revenge?