Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: NCIS: Los Angeles

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Not sure how I feel about the fall out lasting that long. I just want to put season 9 in the past and have new story lines. The premiere was already keeps better than last season. 

@Beatrice, I am with you on the fallout not lasting too long.  The fallout from going to Afghanistan for Hetty only lasted 2 or 3 episodes, I know the mole lasted longer, but the senate hearings were not that long.

@Samantha84, cheers, I kept coming up with on television partner LOL

I do not want this to be wrapped up quick.  Hidoko died. Mosley's coworker and her ally within the team. Someone has to answer for that. Realistically she would be at the least demoted and worse brought up on charges 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Samantha84 said:

Hidoko died. Mosley's coworker and her ally within the team. Someone has to answer for that.

Hidoko died because of Mosley's lack of planning, not just her poor planning.  ( I'll guess that Hidoko didn't have an identical twin who will come in and avenge her sister.....where's a good identical twin arc when you want it?

And then Mosley shot and killed an American citizen who happened to be in a foreign country where guns (snicker now) aren't supposed to be in private ownership.  That citizen has family and they might want custody of their grandchild, nephew, kin because they might not want the child to be reared by a woman who murdered his Father.  

1 hour ago, LittlePeas3 said:

what he  would look like with a decent hair cut?

Head injuries often require hair cuts to get in and clean out the damaged area.  I guess it would have ruined the mood if Kensi had asked them to cut as little hair as possible.  But his really dirty hair, made even dirtier by the accident, would have made medical treatment of a head wound really problematic.

Edited by enoughcats
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Hidoko died because of Mosley's lack of planning, not just her poor planning.  ( I'll guess that Hidoko didn't have an identical twin who will come in and avenge her sister.....where's a good identical twin arc when you want 

And then Mosley shot and killed an American citizen who happened to be in a foreign country where guns (snicker now) aren't supposed to be in private ownership.  That citizen has family and they might want custody of their grandchild, nephew, kin because they might not want the child to be reared by a woman who murdered his Father.  

Head injuries often require hair cuts to get in and clean out the damaged area.  I guess it would have ruined the mood if Kensi had asked them to cut as little hair as possible.  But his really dirty hair, made even dirtier by the accident, would have made medical treatment of a head wound really problematic.

Hidoko supposedly went down there on her own. Not on Mosely's orders. So while Mosely has to answer for a lot, I don't think Hidoko's death is one of those things. 

Given that the man she killed, the father was a criminal that killed people as well, I'm not that sad about it nor mad at Mosley for it. I'm fine with them just writing Mosley off the show via firing her. Although, Hetty basically got a free pass for Afghanistan so...

One other thing about the Mosley storyline, the way Deeks so vehemently disagreed without her beating the prisoner etc to find a loved one, I recall him doing that on more than one occasion. That's just something that bugged we about last season. 

• Love 1

We all know Moseley is a great character to dislike. Granger was a company man but understood that you sometimes had to do the wrong thing for the right reason.  Moseley came in to supposedly disrupt a good group of agents because the relationships they had with one another was distracting to the mission.

In a life and death situation, you must rely on your good relationships to keep you safe. This band of agents kept their team safe because they cared about each other. Moseley seemed to sweep right pass that and on several occasions commented that her intent was to break them up. 

As a leader, she used intimidation, arrogance and a haranguing temperament to keep her people in line. She was so unlike Hetty who used finesse and persuasion. Although Hetty could be stern and authoritative, she displayed true empathy and understanding when it was needed. She has a nurturing side to her even though on the surface, she gave the impression that few people cross her.

Moseley went totally crazy while trying desperately to save her son.  She proved she was willing to sacrifice the team in her quest to show she had power over them.

She showed no remorse for her actions although to some degree she was thankful to the team for saving her son. Can't wait to see her demoted and cast out. I cannot stand her character. She was more concerned about her image than the humanity of her team.

I hope they resolve her situation quickly. I almost want to throw something at the screen whenever her character walks on stage.

My big disappointment...Harley. She had grace and poise and could relate to the team. Why they killed her off astounds me unless for some peculiar reason, she is resurrected. Perhaps maybe she needs to go to the Mother Ship where Gibbs resides. That show has felt flat since Abbie went away.

Bring Hetty back please.

Someone get a shepherd's hook for Moseley. I don't want to see her tettering on heels she can't walk on, thrust her bosom to the screen and place hands on hips. No offense. Some changes are good but the writers introduced something toxic in the pool with this character.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, N. Abella said:

We all know Moseley is a great character to dislike. Granger was a company man but understood that you sometimes had to do the wrong thing for the right reason.  Moseley came in to supposedly disrupt a good group of agents because the relationships they had with one another was distracting to the mission.

In a life and death situation, you must rely on your good relationships to keep you safe. This band of agents kept their team safe because they cared about each other. Moseley seemed to sweep right pass that and on several occasions commented that her intent was to break them up. 

As a leader, she used intimidation, arrogance and a haranguing temperament to keep her people in line. She was so unlike Hetty who used finesse and persuasion. Although Hetty could be stern and authoritative, she displayed true empathy and understanding when it was needed. She has a nurturing side to her even though on the surface, she gave the impression that few people cross her.

Moseley went totally crazy while trying desperately to save her son.  She proved she was willing to sacrifice the team in her quest to show she had power over them.

She showed no remorse for her actions although to some degree she was thankful to the team for saving her son. Can't wait to see her demoted and cast out. I cannot stand her character. She was more concerned about her image than the humanity of her team.

I hope they resolve her situation quickly. I almost want to throw something at the screen whenever her character walks on stage.

My big disappointment...Harley. She had grace and poise and could relate to the team. Why they killed her off astounds me unless for some peculiar reason, she is resurrected. Perhaps maybe she needs to go to the Mother Ship where Gibbs resides. That show has felt flat since Abbie went away.

Bring Hetty back please.

Someone get a shepherd's hook for Moseley. I don't want to see her tettering on heels she can't walk on, thrust her bosom to the screen and place hands on hips. No offense. Some changes are good but the writers introduced something toxic in the pool with this character.

All of this!

Mosely and her pose drive me insane. And her character has no redeeming qualities.

It's interesting that LA is soo good and works so well when Mark Harmon dislikes it and stayed well away from it yet is heavily involved in the mothership and NOLA (which I have decided I cannot watch anymore at all).

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Kelda Feegle said:

It's interesting that LA is soo good and works so well when Mark Harmon dislikes it and stayed well away from it yet is heavily involved in the mothership and NOLA (which I have decided I cannot watch anymore at all).

imho? Los Angeles is the superior and best of the franchise. I'd actually prefer/am glad Harmon has stayed away from it. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Samantha84 said:

imho? Los Angeles is the superior and best of the franchise. I'd actually prefer/am glad Harmon has stayed away from it. 

I used to watch the mothership but stopped watching when Ziva was written off. I watch an episode here and there. I also tried to watch New Orleans. I found it very much like the original tone wise. I too prefer LA. They whole cast has great chemistry. Plus I feel they treat their women characters better than the other two shows. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, N. Abella said:

Bring Hetty back please.

I couldn’t say it any better than this. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I wonder what the working atmosphere is like on this set. We've seen lots of turnover on the other two shows in this universe and there's been lots of rumors swirling about the actual working conditions. But here, the cast has been remarkably stable for going on 10 years. All three female leads have remained past the length of the original contracts and have clearly reupped. And you can't tell me that Linda Hunt at least wouldn't have other projects to move onto. You never hear rumors about dissension on the set or creepy showrunners. And compared to the Mothership they have killed off far fewer characters. The only person out of the main title sequence that we have actually lost was due to the death of the actor. For a show going into their 10th season I think that's rather remarkable.

And the younger two female lead actresses have had babies, which the show has worked with.  I seriously don't think either the Mothership or NOLA would have been accomodating.  It may be nothing more than a coincidence, but Sasha Alexander officially quit because of the physical work load ("never been so tired in [her] life" is the quote, IIRC), and was pregnant by the end of the year.

1 hour ago, Kelda Feegle said:

All of this!

Mosely and her pose drive me insane. And her character has no redeeming qualities.

This, so much.  Harmon establishing some sort of "great wall of china" was a good thing for LA.   Mosely actually came in for a good reason, the Special Operations group pretty much killed everybody they ran into, without consequences.  Now, it turned out that while Mosely was the new sheriff cleaning up a gun-happy town, she was also using her position, her government resources, and the agents she professionally despised, for her own personal interests.

And yes, the high heels and the two-handed shooting just irk.  It isn't quite the Crucifix of Combat, but still bad enough.  

Holy crap, I just realized Mosely totally is the new sheriff come to clean up the town who isn't the hero, or even the anti-hero, but has all the fancy tricks.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

And the younger two female lead actresses have had babies, which the show has worked with.  I seriously don't think either the Mothership or NOLA would have been accomodating.  It may be nothing more than a coincidence, but Sasha Alexander officially quit because of the physical work load ("never been so tired in [her] life" is the quote, IIRC), and was pregnant by the end of the year.

Renee had a baby?

1 hour ago, LittlePeas3 said:

That is my question too! 

That was never determined to be true as far as I know. People were speculating that she had gained weight and was hiding her abdomen in shots. Her sister told people to quit speculating on social media.  I think it’s been discussed in the season 9 thread. 

• Love 1

They'll be consequences. Some of this was future story fodder. Just like Gibbs almost got smoked for killing the cartel guy that killed his wife any agent that killed someone in Mexico would be subject to the legitimate Mexican justice system along with cartel revenge. They'll probably talk their way out of it. Kensi and Deeks could be charged for killing the civilians as could Hannah for the hospital attack although that will probably be explained away. An internal affair investigation would probably do more than a Mexican investigation.

As pointed out the writers probably used Harley as a red shirt. Her career should do well with a NCIS show on the resume. Smart, competent, by the book and loyal-can't have that silly, these characters are supposed to flawed and have demons.

10 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

And wouldn't Callen be in some kind of collar if he had a fractured vertebrae?  

I wondered about that so looked it up. Surprisingly, a person can still walk with a fractured vertebrae; it depends on which one, so he might not need to be in a collar. Who knew?

8 hours ago, Beatrice said:

One other thing about the Mosley storyline, the way Deeks so vehemently disagreed without her beating the prisoner etc to find a loved one, I recall him doing that on more than one occasion. That's just something that bugged we about last season. 

Agree about that. I find it somewhat hypocritical of him--although I like him--to condemn anyone for actions when he's resorted to similar things himself.  I think that was the result of it being a Military script. Military seems to love Deeks, Kensi, and Sam, but this is the first time that Military has actually had Callen do something positive to save the team. That was a nice surprise.

I liked the episode and thought Military did a good job of moving things along (although Turk is too convenient for my taste and being NCIS was a little much). The Densi scenes were strong--glad Kensi did the saving this time cuz it's a drag that she's always being saved (I wish the writers had let her take out Sullivan herself in S8). I do hope these two don't get in any more of these situations; the writers have put them in dangerous/critical conditions in every season since S4 (except S6), and it's starting to feel repetitious to me. I mean, do we really need another near death experience for them to know how they feel about each other? My favorite scene was the scene before Callen became unconscious cuz I loved that conversation. Callen and Sam don't get to shed the tears like Kensi and Deeks, so their scenes aren't as "dramatic," but I found this one really moving. It seemed as if Callen--for the first time--really believed he was dying. Compared to other tight spots--like on the sub--where Callen has usually been the one cracking jokes, he was completely serious here. During the silence, I wondered if he was thinking back on his life. I hope the writers actually show him going through recovery at least a little like they've done with the rest of the team, but I won't be surprised if they don't. The next few episodes will give a better clue about how the season will shape up. I'm hoping for the best.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, 123BP said:

I wondered about that so looked it up. Surprisingly, a person can still walk with a fractured vertebrae; it depends on which one, so he might not need to be in a collar. Who knew?

I was being a tad lazy, I was waiting for my paramedic husband to get home to ask him, you beat me to the prize :D  Thanks!  I am guessing his other injuries have limited his movement too, so that would help in some ways.  

On the Sam and Callen front, their scenes were just as raw and poignant as some of the Kensi/Deeks ones, which was so different to the usual quipping jokes etc.  I really enjoyed the majority of the first episode, let's hope it keeps going for the rest of the season. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I wonder what the working atmosphere is like on this set. We've seen lots of turnover on the other two shows in this universe and there's been lots of rumors swirling about the actual working conditions. But here, the cast has been remarkably stable for going on 10 years. All three female leads have remained past the length of the original contracts and have clearly reupped. And you can't tell me that Linda Hunt at least wouldn't have other projects to move onto. You never hear rumors about dissension on the set or creepy showrunners. And compared to the Mothership they have killed off far fewer characters. The only person out of the main title sequence that we have actually lost was due to the death of the actor. For a show going into their 10th season I think that's rather remarkable.

Has as everybody forgotten poor Don from season 1? At least I think that was his name  he was Kensi’s partner who got kidnapped, was MIA for a few eps and was killed when the team tried to rescue him.

It’s possible though that he was only ever intended as a short run character  

7 hours ago, Beatrice said:

I used to watch the mothership but stopped watching when Ziva was written off. I watch an episode here and there. I also tried to watch New Orleans. I found it very much like the original tone wise. I too prefer LA. They whole cast has great chemistry. Plus I feel they treat their women characters better than the other two shows. 

I had to stop watching NCIS a few seasons before Ziva left because I loathed her so much. 

I picked it up again once she’d finally gone but stopped when I knew they were going to write Tony out. And thank goodness I spared myself that godawful exit for his character. Seriously, did the writers just mine some TIVA fanfic for ideas?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

I picked it up again once she’d finally gone but stopped when I knew they were going to write Tony out. And thank goodness I spared myself that godawful exit for his character. Seriously, did the writers just mine some TIVA fanfic for ideas?

Tony's character HAD to be written out. Michael Weatherly had a nifty new offer and he was sick of playing the same character after over ten years, but that's for the Mothership threads....

Edited by Notwisconsin
  • Love 1

There will be fallout, that's why Esai Morales comes into the picture. Mosely won't get out of it, because Hidoko died during the unsanctioned mission. Love Rick Simon, ie Barlow, aka McRaney as interim head. This role kind of reminds me of Chegwidden with the dry sense of humor.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, 123BP said:

Agree about that. I find it somewhat hypocritical of him--although I like him--to condemn anyone for actions when he's resorted to similar things himself.  I think that was the result of it being a Military script. Military seems to love Deeks, Kensi, and Sam, but this is the first time that Military has actually had Callen do something positive to save the team. That was a nice surprise.

I liked the episode and thought Military did a good job of moving things along (although Turk is too convenient for my taste and being NCIS was a little much). The Densi scenes were strong--glad Kensi did the saving this time cuz it's a drag that she's always being saved (I wish the writers had let her take out Sullivan herself in S8). I do hope these two don't get in any more of these situations; the writers have put them in dangerous/critical conditions in every season since S4 (except S6), and it's starting to feel repetitious to me. I mean, do we really need another near death experience for them to know how they feel about each other? My favorite scene was the scene before Callen became unconscious cuz I loved that conversation. Callen and Sam don't get to shed the tears like Kensi and Deeks, so their scenes aren't as "dramatic," but I found this one really moving. It seemed as if Callen--for the first time--really believed he was dying. Compared to other tight spots--like on the sub--where Callen has usually been the one cracking jokes, he was completely serious here. During the silence, I wondered if he was thinking back on his life. I hope the writers actually show him going through recovery at least a little like they've done with the rest of the team, but I won't be surprised if they don't. The next few episodes will give a better clue about how the season will shape up. I'm hoping for the best.

I felt the episode was really well balanced between action and emotional scenes. I'm also glad they let Kensi saved the day so to speak. They waste her sometimes in my opinion. 

The episode worked for me because the two pairings Callen/Sam and Kensi/Deeks. Hoping that continues for the rest of the season. 

48 minutes ago, Samantha84 said:

BTW: Renee didn't have a child

That's awkward for those thinking she had a baby. I did think she might have last season. 

21 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

ECO's hair looks atrocious, I wonder what he  would look like with a decent hair cut?

All nostrils.  Seriously.  Check out some of his other past roles.  He's usually always got longer hair, since he's got the kind of face that really needs a bit of a mop to balance it out, but when his hair is shorter in other roles and those nostrils really stand out.  Admittedly, it has been waaaay too shaggy for a while now.  I think it needs to be tamed.

I'm liking the Admiral.  We can keep McRaney. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

All nostrils.  Seriously.  Check out some of his other past roles.  He's usually always got longer hair, since he's got the kind of face that really needs a bit of a mop to balance it out, but when his hair is shorter in other roles and those nostrils really stand out.  Admittedly, it has been waaaay too shaggy for a while now.  I think it needs to be tamed.

I thought I was only one who noticed this. ECO has enormous nostrils (breathing must be great). He's really not "handsome" (his brother is, though), but he has a sense humor. Wish he'd trim his hair; it really looks dirty.

Liked it, but a little too heavy on the Densi for me (Military seems to be Densi fangirling in his latest stories). The main story was the team escaping, and the Densi stuff during their escape got to be a little much. I mean, it's hard to picture any other seasoned federal agent/LAPD detective talking sexy sap while on the run from the Mexican army and cartel. I'd expect them to be all business, but it's Densi. lol These two have been going through these situations for years just so they can AGAIN say how much they love each other. It's getting old, writers. The only thing different this time was Kensi saving Deeks. (The "save Kensi again" storylines are like something out of the 1950s.) Weird that Callen's condition--seeing that he's the most seriously injured--was just kinda tossed out there at the end. Doesn't seem like they'll show any recovery for him (like always), but we'll see next week. And where was Hetty? If Mosley was at the hospital, I sure as hell expected to see Hetty there with her team. That made no sense to me. Hope the Densi "problem" is solved so the writers can focus on other things besides the wedding. Like somebody said about NCIS, let's not make episodes from fan fic stories.

3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

He didn't look that bad when he first joined the cast, can't we go back to that?  

This isn't too bad either, still hides the nostril issue, but I have a feeling he is hiding a receding hairline, with it so floppy, in some scenes it shows.  

https://www.agefotostock.com/age/en/Stock-Images/Rights-Managed/MAR-W565297

Edited by LittlePeas3
6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Short hair, long hair--he looks fine (but it would be nice if it looked a little neater).

Edited by 123BP
pic
  • Love 2
On 10/1/2018 at 5:34 PM, Samantha84 said:

Preach!

Honest to God, when I watch this show, I totally forget that it’s even a part of the franchise. I know the name of the show, I know there have been crossover episodes, but it’s truly in a league of its own.

I do love Ducky & Jimmy Palmer on the Mothership though, I can’t deny that.

Even when the actors identify themselves to suspects/other during scenes and say the line(s) “...NCIS agent....”, my hyper observant brain just doesn’t make the connection.

Confession: As a result of the two other shows being so ridiculous, cheesy and straight up awful, especially Wilmer Valderrama & the guy who plays Chris LaSalle (the reason closed captions were invented has got to be because they both mumble every damn word they say!), I find it embarrassing to admit to people that I watch NCIS LA for fear they’ll think it’s just as terrible as the other two programs...even though we know better!

• Love 3

This is the only NCIS I watch anymore because I despise Pride (tho I like Chris), and only Ducky & Jimmy are worth watching on the Mothership (tho I do like the little bit I’ve seen of the flawed Nick).

This was a great season opener.  I wasn’t too sure abt the season finale, but this more than made up for it.  More Harris would’ve been nice, but I understand the situation w/Hetty.  Oh, and I find it odd that Turk is a good guy, when Hal Lockwood was soooo bad.

....except for Hidoko....?

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2
On 10/1/2018 at 8:42 AM, Beatrice said:

I hope this season focuses on the main four.

I hope the writers focus on the main FOUR. Actually looking forward to ep. 3 when Joelle comes back. Even though I don't like the character, her relationship with Callen is a nice change from the sappy (IMO) Kensi-Deeks relationship. When Anna shows up, that could also be good--if Gemmill was telling the truth in his interview. Callen having "girl trouble" could be a lot of fun if they get it right.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Last year was a bust.

Last year had some great episodes and I really liked that Kensi-Deeks were not the focal point (although the wedding talk got old).

I see the admiral is going to be back for a couple more episodes, and Mosley's in until at least ep. 4. Kind of on the fence about Hetty. I didn't miss her in the premiere, not sure I'd miss her if she doesn't appear.

• Love 3

Not bad. Always nice to get Agent Duchamps around, she's interesting and fits in well with the team. And Admiral Kilbride is sliding right into the Granger shoes. He's a better character in two episodes than Mosely was in an entire season. I also like that he was straight with Callen about the team having a bad rep and that he (the Admiral) was sent to shut them down but is reluctant to so since they get good results.

While I'm glad to hear that Mosely is facing trouble I of course hate that Hetty is swept up in it.

And we have absolute confirmation that Eric and Nell are involved and have been for some time! 

I'm also impressed that we got a whole episode about a super-exoskeleton and no one made any bad Iron Man jokes.

• Love 9

I knew it would be hard to live up to the premiere so with that in mind it was a pretty good episode. Let's just keep Mosley and Hetty away. Don't really need them anymore. The Admiral is more than fine. 

I don't care one bit about Eric/Nell relationship but good for them I guess it's been a long time. 

Callen living above a bar is exactly a place I would picture him in. 

I wonder what the time jump was between episodes. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Not bad. Always nice to get Agent Duchamps around, she's interesting and fits in well with the team. And Admiral Kilbride is sliding right into the Granger shoes. He's a better character in two episodes than Mosely was in an entire season. I also like that he was straight with Callen about the team having a bad rep and that he (the Admiral) was sent to shut them down but is reluctant to so since they get good results.

While I'm glad to hear that Mosely is facing trouble I of course hate that Hetty is swept up in it.

And we have absolute confirmation that Eric and Nell are involved and have been for some time! 

I'm also impressed that we got a whole episode about a super-exoskeleton and no one made any bad Iron Man jokes.

I agree the Admiral fits in well. Some Hedi mind games would be ok. Eric and Neal shipper soup that spoils the meal. Densi's bad enough.

Note to Kensi. The 1980s called and want their hair style back.

Yes thank you no Ironman or Borg jokes. Although being experimental gear I think they would've needed one of the engineers to tell them how it works. I don't know if the repeat offender hacker girlfriend could get it going.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, misstwpherecool said:

LOL ? 

Both Kensi and Deeks need to sue their hairdressers (assuming Deeks even has one.) 

• Love 2

I too, didn't like Kensi's hair.  She needs to go back to straight (late season 1/early Season 2-ish), it looks so good on her (plus I like non-froofed up hair), Deeks just looks like "styled by pillow" has become "styled by a monkey who has no idea what he/she is doing.  They both looked quite scruffy in some ways this episode.

While I thought the follow through by Sam  to see Andrew at the start was sweet, I thought there was going to be a tie-in with the whole experimental gear/hacker girlfriend etc.  I didn't think it would be just a tie-in to Agent De Champs.  I really would have liked to see more of Callen, with no Hetty (and I missed her!), I would have thought he would have had impact on the operation, especially as Admiral Kilbride was asking him if he was prepared to take over the whole unit.  While I disliked the Mosley character, I really feel the need to see her fall on her sword, on camera.  I want to see her take responsibility for her actions and somehow absolve Hetty.  The Nell and Eric relationship coming out was as quirky as both of them are and I was impressed at Eric's transition to pants this time :)  without all the melodrama.  In some ways, I am surprised Mosley didn't insist last season.  The scene at the end with Hidoko's mother in law was cute, but also seemed clunky in terms of the flow of the episode (as with the bit with Andrew at the start).  Were these loose ends that needed to be tied up or what are they leading to?  

While it all seemed much more harmonious without Mosley, I really missed the small input Hetty has and Callen had a couple of cameo appearances.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, MostlyC said:

Good God, somebody take a weed-walker to Deeks' hair.  It is out of control, and not in a fun sexy kind of way.

Please, somebody do this!  His hair really is looking like a mop!  If ECO needs it this long for some reason can they at least comb it?  or angle it away from his face? or something?

• Love 5

I've been complaining about Deeks' hair for years. It really is out of control.  I liked Kensi's hair. It actually looked more natural, like she just didn't straighten it. But she did look a bit more 'glammed up' this episode. More makeup, tight, sleeveless shirt. While I'd kill for her arms, I'm not sure what they were going for there...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I've been complaining about Deeks' hair for years. It really is out of control.  I liked Kensi's hair. It actually looked more natural, like she just didn't straighten it. But she did look a bit more 'glammed up' this episode. More makeup, tight, sleeveless shirt. While I'd kill for her arms, I'm not sure what they were going for there...

I liked it to. I think the tighter clothes were just a look she's not pregnant. :) 

17 hours ago, misstwpherecool said:

too funny!!!

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

But she did look a bit more 'glammed up' this episode. More makeup, tight, sleeveless shirt. While I'd kill for her arms, I'm not sure what they were going for there...

made me think about all the negative comments I've read about Anna from fans - her clothes and hair being so "inappropriate." Maybe Kensi's trying to sex it up. lol

3 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I really would have liked to see more of Callen, with no Hetty (and I missed her!), I would have thought he would have had impact on the operation, especially as Admiral Kilbride was asking him if he was prepared to take over the whole unit. 

I expected Callen, as the team leader, to at least go to ops when Sam and DeChamps were getting briefed. He was in the gym, for god's sakes. These little things are the kind of things that really bother me because they could be so easily fixed--just stick him in the room, have him say a few words, and then move on.

• Love 2

The writers on this show really lack any imagination. Or maybe it’s the show runners fault. Probably both. They just keep resurrecting the same tired old plot with minor variations every year.

NCIS team is involved in unsanctioned foreign operation that results in a bloodbath. Hetty suspended and an outsider is brought in to run team. New person in charge will be either: crusty by-the-book veteran who will reluctantly go along with the team because they “get results”/evil mole/incompetent bureaucrat that Hetty will outmaneuver. Higher ups want new chief to break up team which they will never quite manage to do because then the show would be over and thus generating zero suspense.

One team member injured/ suspended/has personal crisis and needs time off. Guest agent brought in to replace sidelined team member. Guest agent will either be: past or future love interest/evil mole/ incompetent comic relief. Missing agent will eventually return after a few episodes and guest agent will find a way to linger on the rest of the season unless they were comic relief who will then be unceremoniously shipped off to a more appropriate job.

Hetty will eventually return via favor from old high ranking ally/blackmail/was laying low to uncover evil mole. Towards the end of the season, some old dark secret from someone’s past will emerge which will result in another off the books firefight and rinse and repeat the same plot next season.

Really they should have named this series NCIS: Groundhog Day.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Rambler said:

The writers on this show really lack any imagination. Or maybe it’s the show runners fault. Probably both. They just keep resurrecting the same tired old plot with minor variations every year.

NCIS team is involved in unsanctioned foreign operation that results in a bloodbath. Hetty suspended and an outsider is brought in to run team. New person in charge will be either: crusty by-the-book veteran who will reluctantly go along with the team because they “get results”/evil mole/incompetent bureaucrat that Hetty will outmaneuver. Higher ups want new chief to break up team which they will never quite manage to do because then the show would be over and thus generating zero suspense.

One team member injured/ suspended/has personal crisis and needs time off. Guest agent brought in to replace sidelined team member. Guest agent will either be: past or future love interest/evil mole/ incompetent comic relief. Missing agent will eventually return after a few episodes and guest agent will find a way to linger on the rest of the season unless they were comic relief who will then be unceremoniously shipped off to a more appropriate job.

Hetty will eventually return via favor from old high ranking ally/blackmail/was laying low to uncover evil mole. Towards the end of the season, some old dark secret from someone’s past will emerge which will result in another off the books firefight and rinse and repeat the same plot next season.

I mean almost every show is like this. Especially medical dramas, cop shows and comedies. It's all a variation of the same outline. 

1 hour ago, Rambler said:

It's easy to criticize and I'm not saying the show doesn't have problems--I'm REALLY tired of the efforts to break up the team--but it is a show about crime, and all crime procedurals follow the same basic pattern: a crime is committed, the team investigates, the crime is solved. Some things about the show are not very realistic perhaps, but this is true of EVERY network crime show (MacGyver, Criminal Minds, SVU, Chicago PD, etc.). And honestly, in 9 seasons, there have only been 3 unsanctioned foreign missions: Romania, Vietnam, and now Mexico that ended in a "bloodbath." Out of over 200 episodes, this is not very many (in Afghanistan, there was no "bloodbath"). And the only team member who's ever taken an extended leave has been Kensi; everyone else seems to be back in the field in record time (or their time off occurs off-screen). As for each season ending the same way, I don't think we're watching the same show, I don't remember S 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 ending in an "off the books firefight." There were a lot of things about this last episode (and some things about the premiere) I didn't like or thought could have been done better, but talking in generalities--especially ones that don't hold up--doesn't make sense.

Edited by 123BP
correction
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

They both looked quite scruffy in some ways this episode.

Silly me, I thought the scruffy look was so they could wander through the back streets of Los Angeles without attracting attention.  Except their clothes were clean.

18 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Silly me, I thought the scruffy look was so they could wander through the back streets of Los Angeles without attracting attention.  Except their clothes were clean.

Where do people get the idea that the scruffy, unkempt, sloppy look is normal for L.A.? There's a huge difference, people, between "scruffy" and "casual." As a former resident of L.A. (and someone who visits often), the idea is ridiculous.

54 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

I thought the scruffy look was so they could wander through the back streets of Los Angeles

ECO grew up in Iowa. Maybe he's going for the scarecrow look. Don't know Kensi's reason.

13 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I used to think ECO was handsome when he first joined the show, now I just think he is a scruffy man with not a lot of care for his personal appearance.  I also wonder if he is covering up a receding hairline? 

Except you don't cover a receding hairline by letting it grow in the back.  Not that the front isn't  messy,  but the back is what's really out of control.  He's got a very photogenic and expressive face,  it's almost like he's deliberately downplaying it.   

My thoughts on episode 3 (in no particular order): 

- loved the Deeks comment about Callen going to the Hetty Lang: school of mischief, I thought it was funny

- Eric and Nell's reaction to Joelle was priceless.  

- Kensi and Deeks still look like they are trying to be hobos, I am especially not liking the whole way they are dressing and hair-styling Daniela Ruah this season

- I am hoping this will lead to a mission to save Callen's dad, however, I am doubting this as that would be off the books and there is too much fallout (supposedly) from the unsanctioned Mexico Mission

- Mosley is on the new credits, does this mean she is staying?

- the lack of knowledge on the fallout from the Mexico Mission is annoying me slightly, I want to know what is going on with that, when are we going to get Hetty back? 

- Joelle leaving at the end was a little predictable, I assumed it was going to happen when Callen drove away before the door opened.  She is sure to turn up again now for one reason or another.  I personally think she is preserving her life should any of those who were trying to assassinate the prince manage to escape/avoid capture. 

Edited by LittlePeas3