Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: NCIS: Los Angeles

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

51 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

am i the only one who thought there would be a continuation of last week's serial killer frankenstein?? I was so confused by the previouslies when it started that I thought i was watching the wrong episode!

Maybe not, but I thought Agent Rand was pretty clear that the Frankenstein murders were part of an ongoing FBI case, and I don't think NCIS will get involved unless invited by the FBI. Also, Kensi & Hidoko both said how glad they were to NOT be investigating the case.

25 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I thought this week would be a continuation also! Was there even a mention?

No! And didn't last week's end with the big reveal of the frankenwoman???? They found her! (Maybe that wasn't the end of the ep - i don't recall for sure.) I know the ATF told them to back off, but when has that stopped them.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:30 PM, secnarf said:

If you are referring to Hidoko, she is not Mosley's assistant. She is an agent and as far as I can tell, does her job as much as anybody else on that team.

If you're not referring to Hidoko, then I can't imagine who you might mean. Mosley doesn't have an assistant.

Yes, that is how she introduced her self to the Team. She is Mosely's assistant. She also is a NCIS agent but her reason for being in LA is not as an agent. She is an assistant. I want her to do that job.

On 4/15/2018 at 5:15 PM, Lacei said:

She is Mosely's assistant.

I don't think she's an assistant in the way people often think of assistants (like administrative assistants). I think as an assistant, she keeps Mosley informed about the current case(s) and operates in the field as directed. Callen is the lead agent for the team, so the team members report first to Callen. Although an agent, Hidoko is not actually on the team; she reports directly to Mosley (but when she works with the team, she follows Callen's orders).

On 4/17/2018 at 10:23 AM, 123BP said:

I don't think she's an assistant in the way people often think of assistants (like administrative assistants). I think as an assistant, she keeps Mosley informed about the current case(s) and operates in the field as directed. Callen is the lead agent for the team, so the team members report first to Callen. Although an agent, Hidoko is not actually on the team; she reports directly to Mosley (but when she works with the team, she follows Callen's orders).

Her position is executive assistant to the EAD. She is there to help Mosely. She was not brought there to be an agent. 

She actually reports to Mosely. It was everyone constantly adks her "are you going to tell Mosely?"

Edited by Lacei
9 hours ago, Lacei said:

Her position is executive assistant to the EAD. She is there to help Mosely. She was not brought there to be an agent. 

She actually reports to Mosely. It was everyone constantly adks her "are you going to tell Mosely?"

This isn't any different than my description.

11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m glad Harley was ok.  

I’m tired of Sam developing feelings for every female criminal tbat he comes in contact with.  

Certain things have a predictable trajectory on this show.  Sam is going to develop feelings for someone and it will go very very bad or Callen will have family issues that will go very very bad.  Which is why I hate episodes that focus on Sam and Callen.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I found the awkward scene between Callen and Deeks good.  Although Callen didn't want to be touched by Deeks, he seemed to still appreciate his insight.  I would have loved some more information on the Anna investigation at the ATF.  If it was one of the main characters on NCIS LA, things seem to happen a little quicker, unless it is  the senate committee investigating Hetty.  However, Bar Paly is down for the next episode, so maybe there will be some sort of closure.

Sam and King caught me out of left field.  In retrospect, when Sam knew how much she had gone through to get back to walking, I should have known he had been visiting her.  I loved the Harley comment as she came too to remind her to thank Hetty for the Kevlar jacket.  I missed the Hetty aspect of the episode, I loved the new pairings, however, Eric and Nell seem to be apart on the show more than they are together and I think they are well suited on the show and Eric seemed a little lost without her.  Mosley doesn't do banter and their banter is good.  

21 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m tired of Sam developing feelings for every female criminal that he comes in contact with.

I'm trying to figure out what "female criminal" you're talking about. I know you don't mean Jada because she wasn't a criminal. A lot of his undercover work was either with Michelle or DeChamps, but maybe it was from the early seasons?

21 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Callen will have family issues that will go very very bad.  Which is why I hate episodes that focus on Sam and Callen.

Kind of the way I feel about Kensi and Deeks (Kensi will get injured or kidnapped or they'll have some other "issue") which is why I'm never thrilled to see a "Densi" episode--and we've not seen much of them this season (gracias TPTB).

10 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

"Dumpster diving Nell" and "Homeless Dude Deeks" would make quite the pair...

Like this idea!

Nell looked so different with her bangs up and her hair floofed!  I'd looked away and lost the plot for a bit, so when she came out shooting, I'm like "who the hell is that?"

I sure hope Moseley's "break up the unit" means random re-partnering because that worked for me last night.   She was also almost warm as the director of the unit.  I will miss Hetty as a character, but I know that Linda Hunt is getting older and probably would like to retire to a life of leisure, so this tough-but-warm Mosley will be OK.

• Love 1

Well, I'm happy Beale got his moment of glory after he wasn't allowed near not-Elon-Musk's rocket factory. And I'm glad Moseley is recognizing that he's a genius. 

They keep putting Renée Felice Smith in baggy clothes as if she's wearing some of Sam's hand-me-downs - it's not exactly subtle. I think I prefer the old giant handbag/folder trick though I wait for a show to make zero effort to hide a pregnancy and everybody on set simply ignoring the bump.

• Love 1

@MissLucas, I was just coming here to ask if she was pregnant.  Their subtleness is astounding, not.  Beale was classic in this episode.  So excited but devastated the next minute.  It was a shame it was Kensi and Deeks who had to let him down as apposed to Nell.  

The team are finally feeling more cohesive, or the writing is anyway for the most part.  I don't know if it is the Hetty factor or the fact that the writing is a little better or if the 2 new characters are finally seeming to fit? 
@Maverick, I hope not.  Maybe she was just saying it was unpredictable and could kick in at any time.

I haven't seen anything about Renee being pregnant but I've been suspecting all season that she is. Not just the baggy clothes but something about her face looking fuller as well. Of course if she isn't I'll feel really bad about saying that.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Maverick said:

So, was Hetty implying she's dying from Agent Orange too at the cemetery?   

I wondered that myself. She talked about ‘ the time she had left’ . I wasn’t sure if she was saying she was sick or was just trying to nudge Keane into making the most of his second chance at life. 

22 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I loved having Beale march into interrogation and exonerate that poor woman in about 30 seconds. Respect for his computer skills!

Yes!  That was more than awesome!  When I saw him elbow deep in the code (looked like Fortran to me, at least with the formatting), I knew he was going to quickly determine the sabotage was done by a different coder than the overall author.  I'm no Beale, but I'm an engineer and I have written and been responsible for maintaining masses of lines of code.  Everyone has a style, and it goes much deeper than tabs vs. spaces, but Eric is very correct in that is a fundamental divide for coders. 

Seriously, I can open a bit of source code at work and without looking at the commented header information, immediately tell you which of my past co-workers authored the original code, and even if somebody else came in and revised it later.   I can also instantly recognize my own code when it has been "borrowed" and inserted into another program. 

I hate tabs.  I hate code with tabs.  Even "emulated tabs."  I once spent an entire afternoon trying to track down a bug in some code, and resorted to the scorched earth method of debugging where after every executed line of code in the program, I had a statement written to the screen like "Got to position X" then "Got to position X+1" etc. When none of those brute force debugging statements made it to the screen, I knew something deeper was going on.  We had just had a system "upgrade" which came with a new screen editor, which allowed for "emulated tabs" where the cursor would jump forward the requisite number of spaces, but a tab character was not inserted.  So since the spaces were supposed to be actual spaces, I thought this was a handy little macro to give my thumb a break when I'm doing heavy duty programming.  Turns out the "emulated tab" might not have inserted a tab character, but it did insert a different invisible character in the first column of the line.  Our pre-processor to the compiler treated every non-blank character (even invisible control characters) in the first column as a comment, so ignored those lines.  All my hard work was getting commented out.   Turns out my very first fix, five hours earlier, had stomped out the bug.

Spaces rule!  Tabs drool!

• Love 8
19 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I wondered that myself. She talked about ‘ the time she had left’ . I wasn’t sure if she was saying she was sick or was just trying to nudge Keane into making the most of his second chance at life. 

realistically, wouldn't Keane have been exposed to Agent Orange too?  Maybe that was Hetty's point too? Surely, having lived in Vietnam so long, Keane would be even more likely than Hetty and the others to be affected by it.  

On 5/1/2018 at 2:57 PM, LittlePeas3 said:

When she said that, I turned to my husband and asked if I had missed something - did they say earlier in the show she was dying and I missed hearing it? So, hmmm...

Buy a bar? That hasn't been new since Homicide: Life on the Street.  

And we've gotten so immune to NCIS introducing new people as possible replacements that tonight's pixie blond of very small stature....first comment was "wonder whose place she'll take". 

I did find their tossing out the spike strip to be educational. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

And we've gotten so immune to NCIS introducing new people as possible replacements that tonight's pixie blond of very small stature....first comment was "wonder whose place she'll take". 

Weird, but I never think that with guest stars. I mean, we've seen Agent Rand in several episodes, not to mention Sabatino, DeChamps, and others, but I never think of them as "replacements" for the regular cast. I like having "regular" guest stars (especially Arkady).

That bar idea is not good.  I want them to get married and go back to being Kensi and Deeks, I get that characters have to evolve, but not into to not being in NCIS LA.  Yes, I love Kensi and Deeks together, of late their dialogue has been ordinary, but I still like them.  

In other thoughts, that Nell and Eric scene at the start was hilarious.  And I liked the little dig at Callen from Hetty about Anna.  Mosley has become more likeable, it was weird watching her at the start talking coffee joints with Callen and Sam.  Very Weird. 

More thoughts to come, I have to go out for a bit :)  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

that Nell and Eric scene at the start was hilarious.

And cool. A relationship evolving over many seasons, mostly sparring and tap dancing (to the late AD Granger's grudging amusement), finally getting to the next level. 

• Love 4

I did not pay attention to credits but kudos to whoever wrote that episode for all the great snappy dialogue.  Everybody was in character; Hetty dropped a truth bomb on Callen and another great shoutout to her mythical past and Moseley even laughed. But what I loved best was the cold opening with the lady with two kids, a dog with OCD and a husband who's recently decided to learn Latin. It was completely random but a terrific character silhouette nevertheless.

No idea where they are going with that bar plot. I just hope it does not turn out as tedious as the restaurant plot on Hawaii Five-0. It is at least in character as Deeks has more than once dropped hints that he considers a career-change although I don't see him leaving the team. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Tony Dickson said:

OK, "Millennials".  We get it.  

And The Wonder Twins sleep in the same bed, but fully clothed.  Baby steps.

To be fair, the story was that they had over-imbibed the night before at a costume party. Nell commented about her head hurting as if she had a hangover. So they pretty much passed out in the bed. We don’t know if they have actually progressed to sleeping in the same bed sober. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

In other thoughts, that Nell and Eric scene at the start was hilarious.  And I liked the little dig at Callen from Hetty about Anna.  Mosley has become more likeable, it was weird watching her at the start talking coffee joints with Callen and Sam.  Very Weird.

agreed. And I noticed a lot of conversation happened downstairs at the desks instead of ops or Mosely's office.

That little blonde pixie can never come back as far as I'm concerned. I'm with Sam - I'd rather have Arkady!

Loved the military funeral, although I don't know why Hetty got the flag. And then didn't have it when they left the cemetery.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Hetty dropped a truth bomb on Callen

After all the lies Hetty's told in this show--far more than ALL the other characters combined--I'm surprised she didn't choke on her words. But, Callen was ever gallant and didn't throw it back in her face like he could have.

I liked the episode and thought the humor didn't distract from the story. I also liked all the possible avenues opened up for the characters: the bar for Densi, traveling for Neric, and decisions for Callen and Anna.

• Love 1

I really believe this past episode was the worst ever in the show's history, the writing and certain characters were so cringy during this episode. The fbi agent made me want to throw my head through a damn wall. Idk what it is, but the overall feel of season 9 feels off and different than in other seasons. Maybe its just me and the fact I don't have love for Hidoko or Shay

3 hours ago, waleo said:

I really believe this past episode was the worst ever in the show's history, the writing and certain characters were so cringy during this episode. The fbi agent made me want to throw my head through a damn wall. Idk what it is, but the overall feel of season 9 feels off and different than in other seasons. Maybe its just me and the fact I don't have love for Hidoko or Shay

I really like Hidoko,  and Mosely wasn't bad in this episode.  But as for the rest,  ITA.

On 5/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, 123BP said:

After all the lies Hetty's told in this show--far more than ALL the other characters combined--I'm surprised she didn't choke on her words.

I agree that comment seemed hypocritical, but that's kind of harsh. Thinking about it--and if Hetty's conversation with Keane earlier indicates that she's dying and knows she's dying--I think the one thing she REALLY wants to know is that Callen is finally happy. Hetty didn't save his mother, his sister, or his father. Joelle turned out to be a bad choice. Callen obviously loves(loved) Anna--and now she's in a situation where he might lose her. I don't think she wants him to be alone.

6 hours ago, waleo said:

Totally disagree. I can think of a TON of episodes from earlier seasons--and earlier this season--that were terrible (the ENTIRE mole arc, Come Home, This Is What We Do, Old Tricks, Golden Days and more). This episode had a good story, all the agents were working from different angles, and Morris wasn't nearly as obnoxious the first time we met her. I like Hidoko (interesting that Kensi introduced her as her partner and Deeks as LAPD) and the Mosley character (conflict is always good in a drama IMO).

I was Instagram stalking today to see if there were any sneak peeks for this weeks episode and a post of Renee Felice Smith's caught my attention.  Random post, but some fan asked if she was pregnant and Renee's sister shot her down saying that was such a totally inappropriate question to ask. I am now wondering if it is real or all supposition on our part?  

6 hours ago, MissLucas said:

As I mentioned above tv line talked about her being pregnant in passing - they're normally not that gossipy so I had assumed it was official. My apologies if isn't. 

I read that too, before you even posted, but the way her sister and a few others shot this poster down was strange.  Now I am not so sure.  It may be true, but I guess they don't want us knowing.  I am sure there is so much we know about their personal lives that privacy about being pregnant is a big thing.  

13 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Now I am not so sure.  It may be true, but I guess they don't want us knowing.

Why is it anyone's business if she's pregnant? I can see Renee sharing this with her partner, close friends and family, the rest of the cast, and the producers, but why anyone outside her immediate circle--especially fans--needs to know is just weird.

• Love 1

In my experience as a support group leader and facilitator, there can be any number of personal reasons why pregnancy and other health issues can be highly sensitive topics; even their mere mention can be upsetting. Let us be content to always wish our favorite performers well and to try to limit show discussions to plots and portrayals. And to remember the saying that great minds discuss ideas; mediocre minds discuss things; and small minds discuss people (no matter how well-intentioned).

• Love 2

I really liked the episode and the direction Gemmill is going this season (as opposed to last). I hope Dani doesn't get pregnant and muck it all up (just kidding--I had to throw that in because of all the silly comments about Renee). Anyway, the writers did a good job of telling a core story but not giving short shrift to the secondary stories (although I am getting tired of all the wedding talk). Enjoyed the banter between partners (although Kensi's comment about having a lot of special people in her life doesn't seem true to her character; it seems more like Deeks, who makes friends easily, as Kensi noted in Getaway). The Callen-Anna scenes were intense; both of the characters repress their emotions so much, but you can see them in their expressions and hear them in their voices. I didn't worry about the shoot-out because we've seen the whole team in the promo pics for the finale, but it was well-choreographed. The finale looks intense (most of the scenes in the promo seem to be from the rescue mission). I still expect a Densi wedding (that would be too heavy for the show to not have one), and I'm interested in the future of the Callen-Anna relationship. With a cliffhanger finale and these unresolved issues, it's going to be a long hiatus. Thank goodness there's a S10!

I’m the opposite of  many of you. I like the Deeks-Kensi relationship and I cannot stand the Callen-Anna one. Probably because I cannot stand the Anna character. She has no redeeming qualities that I can see. For example, I’m not at all surprised that she shot an unarmed perp. I want Callen to be happy- but not with her. I really think they could bring in a character that works in the office as a support person ( wardrobe, vehicles, whatever ) and it would work better.  Someone who doesn’t need to be in the field  but is ok with Callens’ career. 

• Love 2

I *was shipping Hidoko and Sam, but now I want to see him and Marsha T on my screen foreverandeveramen.

I felt like they made the leap to the counterfeiter pretty quickly at the first shootout in the parking lot. For all Duchamps knew, Callen and Sam were followed and that outed her as an NCIS stooge, either agent or CI. Because that's what I thought when that truck pulled in.

Am sad we didn't see Sam "take care of it himself" for the brother.

• Love 3

Hidoko's as a panicked chef performance with the bad guy "Parasites.  Big ones." had me in stitches, especially when the bad guy bought it hook, line and sinker and was desperate to purge said "big ones" when delayed by Kensi and Deeks.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I like the Deeks-Kensi relationship and I cannot stand the Callen-Anna one. Probably because I cannot stand the Anna character. She has no redeeming qualities that I can see. For example, I’m not at all surprised that she shot an unarmed perp. I want Callen to be happy- but not with her. I really think they could bring in a character that works in the office as a support person ( wardrobe, vehicles, whatever ) and it would work better.  Someone who doesn’t need to be in the field  but is ok with Callens’ career. 

Weird. Anna has "no redeeming qualities" and as proof she killed an international criminal who had been shooting at them, killed multiple innocent people, blackmailed people, laundered money, kidnapped Anna's father and beat his own sister, but Deeks is great even though he killed a bad cop who had threatened to kill a hooker and covered it up by making it seem like a suicide. Okay, I guess that makes sense in some universe. And, sorry, I can't see Callen with a "wardrobe" lady or clerical worker anymore than I can see Kensi or Sam with one. Just what Callen needs--another boring bomb like Joelle (yawn). Anna's a much better match, and to top it off, she's Arkady's daughter. If that was the only "redeeming quality" she had, it'd be enough for me, but I like Anna on her own: she's tough, no nonsense, not sentimental, and beautiful.

4 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Hidoko's as a panicked chef performance with the bad guy "Parasites.  Big ones." had me in stitches

Agree! I really like Hidoko and hope they keep her, but I'm not sure how she's going to fit in. There doesn't seem to be enough work for her if the entire team is back in S10 (not that I want anyone to leave).

Edited by ymeagain
edit
  • Love 1