Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

IKR?

Like a couple of old shoes.  I mean, this looks like a picture they could use in the People magazine article when they announce their conscious coupling.

dish-040816-sonja-luann.jpg

I can totally see it!

And what a great story. Two gals who use to bang the same dude, a guy who treated them both poorly in the end, realizing that their real fate was to be with each other. 

I need to amend that. Two gals who have banged 3 of the same dudes. They are clearly meant to be together in the end. 

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Who cares why they're getting divorced...The burning question is: What will her tagline be next season? 

Something about her fabulous penthouse!  Its sad for her if she really loved him.  But I never saw this coming said no one ever.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, F. M. said:

Lu would win, men like her..

Its on FB, how much he hates reality TV! I said the same as you though..

Hates it so much he was on it in season 1 (or 2, cannot remember) and dated 3 of the stars and ended up marrying one.  Yep, he hates it.  He DID have a choice as to whether or not to be filmed.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Hates it so much he was on it in season 1 (or 2, cannot remember) and dated 3 of the stars and ended up marrying one.  Yep, he hates it.  He DID have a choice as to whether or not to be filmed.

Yes, hated it so badly he married one of the stars, even after his shenanigans from last season were revealed on camera. 

Maybe I am too jaded, but it all just seems scripted in a way to me. But then again, the relationship seemed scripted to me from the beginning. I was never one to buy into the notion that Lu had no idea that he had gone out with Ramona, since it had been all over the press a month before she met him. And then we see him in the previews for next week, talking about taking off his mic to talk to Missy. I am sorry, but I just don't believe the dude is that dumb. His wife had one of the all time great hot mic moments in reality TV show history. He surely knew that someone would pick up the comment that he needed to get rid of his mic. Just seems set up in a way to me for a ready made storyline. But then again, I never thought Lu was dumb enough to marry a guy like this. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

I knew I had a keeper when I saw how close he lived to a Popeyes and - this is serious soul-mate stuff - he insisted on getting me a 3 piece spicy box "for later" when we had just finished a big Italian dinner.

Swoon!  I knew mine was a keeper when we had a breakfast date and he said we should order a lunch carryout for later.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:
3 hours ago, WrongReasons said:

So is there a miss manners etiquette on returning wedding gifts on a sham marriage?

So this is why it is acceptable to give wedding gifts up to a year after the wedding?  Makes sense now.

3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Who had 7 months in the pool?  Winner!

Michael Rappaport!

3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Miss Morgan's Home for Wayward Girls

You crack me up.

• Love 6

You are so right -- they are made for a People spread, ryebread:

5 hours ago, ryebread said:

L&S4ever

DGT-KqxUAAEOjtf.jpg

luann sitting.jpg

suann 2.jpg

"After selling Morgan's mansion and moving to Palm Beach, the couple are now planning their wedding.

"Tom's not invited!" Sonja says, eyes twinkling. "But tequila is!" 

Luann laughs, then leans in closer to her fiancee.

"She means the world to me," the former Countess says. "In the end, I found a perfect rose."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, GOMAVS41 said:

She married him to prove a point, that's so sad. I wonder if there is a pre-nup. How funny would it be if she got the apartment.

Regardless of any pre-nup, in a 7 month marriage there wasn't any time to acquire significant joint assets.  Their homes are each pre-marital property, not subject to division in the divorce.

I would think this will be settled very quickly.  I feel bad for her even though the signs she shouldn't get married were certainly there for all to see.  She doesn't get the Countess title back, I would imagine.....

Hey, forget the gifts/donations......does she get to keep the ring?  To sell I certainly hope (not a fan of yellow diamonds).

Edited by Mrs peel
added a sentence
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, film noire said:

"After selling Morgan's mansion and moving to Palm Beach, the couple are now planning their wedding.

"Tom's not invited!" Sonja says, eyes twinkling. "But tequila is!" 

Luann laughs, then leans in closer to her fiancee.

"She means the world to me," the former Countess says. "In the end, I found a perfect rose."

Love it, FN.

For better, for worse.  In sickness and in health. When one needs teeth and the other just happens to have a second set. 

Until death do us part.

32EB040800000578-3527557-image-m-85_1460

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Regardless of any pre-nup, in a 7 month marriage there wasn't any time to acquire significant joint assets.  Their homes are each pre-marital property, not subject to division in the divorce.

I would think this will be settled very quickly.  I feel bad for her even though the signs she shouldn't get married were certainly there for all to see.  She doesn't get the Countess title back, I would imagine.....

Hey, forget the gifts/donations......does she get to keep the ring?  To sell I certainly hope (not a fan of yellow diamonds).

Maybe they will have the marriage annulled?  I think the last thing Luann cares about is getting her title back.  I will say most publications never stopped calling her deLesseps.

I am with you on the diamond-sell it and move on.  The sale might help offset the cost of the wedding.  http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/02/08/luann-de-lesseps-engagement-ring-cost-pics-tom-dagostino-jr-engaged/  Seems she has taken it off since filing for divorce.  http://perezhilton.com/2017-08-04-luann-de-lesseps-spotted-without-wedding-ring-following-divorce-announcement#.WYTLyIWcFYc

• Love 5
20 hours ago, answerphone said:

He stated he was "in love with the nurse from Connecticut, not the reality star". Hello, she was a reality star when you met her and married her. That's baloney.

Says the guy that has dated/banged THREE of these reality stars.....and was seen hitting on women on camera as early as season ONE. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, soccermom17 said:

Unpopular opinion but I feel bad for Lu..as I feel bad for anyone that divorces.  Once it seemed like a perfect union and for whatever reason it failed.  I can't imagine.  

See, but I don't think that's the case. I think she knew it was doomed before she married him. I think she knew divorce was on the horizon, but she'd rather divorce him than call off the wedding. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I can totally see it!

And what a great story. Two gals who use to bang the same dude, a guy who treated them both poorly in the end, realizing that their real fate was to be with each other. 

I need to amend that. Two gals who have banged 3 of the same dudes. They are clearly meant to be together in the end. 

OMG this sounds like the promo for a show one of the networks would dream up for the upcoming fall season!

• Love 6
On 8/3/2017 at 4:17 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Now Sonja can go back to sleeping with him after a drunken night at Beautique! 

It is sad news but let's have a show of hands of how many of us are surprised. 

What will become of all her Palm Beachiness, West or otherwise?  There is a difference between the two, Worth Avenue being one, the Ritz, crazy beautiful estates, the social season is OTT,  West Palm is nice, it's where the airport is and I like it there along with Boca and Del Ray.  I imagine Lu would never slum it in those places. LOL.

I still think there will be a series of divorce parties but all the girls will be invited to all of them...even the one on some yacht in Palm Beach.  Can't wait to hear the speeches that Dorinda will give for those parties!

They could do a crossover divorce party on a "Below Deck" yacht!  That would be great!  (Could you see Ramona ordering Kat or Hannah around??)  

• Love 7

So the question was as to how Lu would spin it. She has decided to not go with the cheating route, because everyone warned her he was a cheater. Instead she has settled on the fact that they did not get along. That it was "impossible" and that they had worked on it so hard. It's only been 7 months. How horrible could it have been, and how hard could they have worked? 

• Love 10

Luann was obviously pathetically desperate to get married but I wonder why Tom agreed to it.  Love doesn't really appear to be a factor and he always seemed miserable.  I wonder what was in it for him.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

So the question was as to how Lu would spin it. She has decided to not go with the cheating route, because everyone warned her he was a cheater. Instead she has settled on the fact that they did not get along. That it was "impossible" and that they had worked on it so hard. It's only been 7 months. How horrible could it have been, and how hard could they have worked? 

More marriages end over irreconcilable differences than adultery.  There were people who swore and even RH who tried to get Luann to admit she was going into an open marriage.  The more I see and hear about TOm, the more I am convinced these two didn't get along.  They have been arguing since the night at The Regency. 

I don't think Luann would spare Tom's feelings if he got cheating.   Wasn't their original attraction that Luann was the female version of Tom?  Maybe they needed more of an opposites attract vibe.  Didn't Luann say she and the Count were very competitive?  Hasn't Luann said Tom has said (and certainly Bethenny) she speaks without listening?  She screwed up the rose/thorn thing because she didn't listen that it was about the trip.   If Tom didn't cheat-I feel for the next woman he is spotted with-she will get to wear a homewrecker crown.

ETA:  Maybe there was a drinking component that added to their arguments.  Just a thought.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

I love me some Lu... but...

I can already see next Season:

"I'm offended nobody offered me the suite... I'm getting divorced..."

"I can't use the same restroom as the help... D-I-V-O-R-C-E..."

"An hour late to dinner... I'm divorcing... I thought my friends would understand."

*stumbles into drunkenly into bushes* "Thish ish badddd... but did you know I'm getting divorced."

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I think she knew divorce was on the horizon, but she'd rather divorce him than call off the wedding. 

Not to mention not giving the other HWs the satisfaction of them being right...

The more I see and hear about TOm, the more I am convinced these two didn't get along.  They have been arguing since the night at The Regency. 

I thought they were supposed to be the greatest love story in the history of time, the other HWs were all jealous, etc.

Guess that all was just shot out of the water.

• Love 5

She's back to Luann de Lesseps on social media.  I get that she's a move on kinda gal but, damn, that was quick.

Heading off on a European vacation?  I can get behind that as a way to get over an ex... 

Edited by snarts
  • Love 6
On 8/4/2017 at 2:34 PM, zoeysmom said:

Maybe they will have the marriage annulled?  I think the last thing Luann cares about is getting her title back.  I will say most publications never stopped calling her deLesseps.

I am with you on the diamond-sell it and move on.  The sale might help offset the cost of the wedding.  http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/02/08/luann-de-lesseps-engagement-ring-cost-pics-tom-dagostino-jr-engaged/  Seems she has taken it off since filing for divorce.  http://perezhilton.com/2017-08-04-luann-de-lesseps-spotted-without-wedding-ring-following-divorce-announcement#.WYTLyIWcFYc

I don't know about NY law specifically, but generally grounds for annulment are pretty limited.  They need a quick divorce, if only so she can remind B later that her divorces are friendly ???

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I don't know about NY law specifically, but generally grounds for annulment are pretty limited.  They need a quick divorce, if only so she can remind B later that her divorces are friendly ???

All I could find is fraud and I seriously doubt either party would agree to proceed under those conditions.  She apparently has already returned to her using de Lesseps socially.  It seems the divorce is definite. 

• Love 2
On 8/3/2017 at 10:48 PM, ezzy4 said:

No doubt in my mind...it was his decision...

I wouldn't be surprised but I'm not so sure.  The timing of the announcement is interesting.  Prior to the next episode where he expresses emotions for another woman but after the reunion was filmed.  Early enough for it to look like LuAnn was the victim and therefore it would seem likely divorce was her choosing, and late enough not to have to discuss at the reunion. 

LuAnne's first marriage was an open one - but it wasn't what LuAnn wanted.   I'm not sure she'd be up for another round of that. I think what LuAnn wants is to be in a monogomous marriage.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
On 8/4/2017 at 9:27 AM, jumper sage said:

Swoon!  I knew mine was a keeper when we had a breakfast date and he said we should order a lunch carryout for later.

I really knew I had a keeper when I saw how he treated people, family and friends when he didn't know I was looking, especially my dad as he was begining his 2 year journey with cancer.

He was so understanding of how divided my time had to be and what had to be my first priority . Several times when I was spending the weekend with future hubby I'd get a late night call from skilled nursing that my dad needed to go to the ER. As I was getting dressed my guy was getting my stuff and the car ready to go. Making a quick kcup of coffee for me to take.

I also knew he was a keeper when he understood my dark gallows humor and overlooked my quirks.

It's too bad for Lu. I'm not surprised but I feel bad for her.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I wouldn't be surprised but I'm not so sure.  The timing of the announcement is interesting.  Prior to the next episode where he expresses emotions for another woman but after the reunion was filmed.  Early enough for it to look like LuAnn was the victim and therefore it would seem likely divorce was her choosing, and late enough not to have to discuss at the reunion. 

LuAnne's first marriage was an open one - but it wasn't what LuAnn wanted.   I'm not sure she'd be up for another round of that. I think what LuAnn wants is to be inaamonogomous marriage.  

Not sure about those statements. 

If you don't want to be in an open marriage, you just don't.  Luann wanted the social status of being the Countess' wife but I am not sure about Lu and monogamy. 

She proclaimed her love for Jacques loud and clear but she still cheated on him without a blink of an eye. 

She is no stranger to one-night hook ups as we have seen on that trip where she didn't even care that she just hooked up with a married guy whom she had barely met that night. 

Luann seems to be happier when she is free to have as many escapades she wants, I am still baffled about just taking a guy to the bathroom of Beautique.  It didn't faze her and she seemed pretty comfortable at doing that. 

Luann is not dummy, she knew that Tom would cheat and she might too, the problem was that Tom became too careless and Luann was publicly embarrased. 

• Love 9

I don't think the Count and Lu always had an open marriage.  I think Lu put up with it because of her children.  And I understand that.  I don't think she went into her marriage with Tom with the understanding that it would be open.

Interesting what happened in St. Barth's.  To me, I think her relationship with Jacques was on the downslide.  They were together four years (?).  Let's face it.  It wasn't going to be a forever relationship because Jacques had wanted children. 

• Love 7

I think what LuAnn wants is to be in a monogomous marriage.  

As long as there are no pirates around to seduce her...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 9

But who would wear the strap-on on this relationship? Ok, just kidding, we all know Luann would...

Luann is not dummy, she knew that Tom would cheat and she might too, the problem was that Tom became too careless and Luann was publicly embarrased. 

That actually sounds about right.

• Love 3

Don't feel bad for her at all. Luann lost me when she tried to absolve Tom of cheating and claimed the "other woman" grabbed him in her "clutches". As if she wasn't the "other woman" when she hooked up with the still married man while on vacation. Bitch please. You know who you married. 

• Love 13

All this talk of LuAnn made me want to try "eggs a la Francais" this weekend. (I know she mentioned them in Turks and Caicos, but she did mention them another time, too.) I tried Eric Ripert's recipe and I've got to say, they're better than the scrambled eggs I've been making for years. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

All this talk of LuAnn made me want to try "eggs a la Francais" this weekend. (I know she mentioned them in Turks and Caicos, but she did mention them another time, too.) I tried Eric Ripert's recipe and I've got to say, they're better than the scrambled eggs I've been making for years. 

I had to look up the recipe.  Dude, this was how I was taught how to make scrambled eggs. I know of no other way to make them. Well, minus the chives because euw, chives. But yeah, that's how I've always made scrambled eggs.

• Love 4

Dude, this was how I was taught how to make scrambled eggs. I know of no other way to make them.

I was taught to whisk the milk into the raw egg, and I've tended to only stir occasionally, not constantly. This has resulted in "drier" eggs, which I thought I liked until I tried this!

• Love 1
On 8/3/2017 at 8:58 PM, archer1267 said:

LuAnn could have done better than someone who's cut a swath through the UES. 

I liked LuAnn and Jacques. They seemed really happy together, at least before the St. Barth's episodes were aired. The next season, even though he was around, he was clearly checked out of that relationship.

So did I. I thought their chemistry was real, unlike Lu and Tom. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I was taught to whisk the milk into the raw egg, and I've tended to only stir occasionally, not constantly. This has resulted in "drier" eggs, which I thought I liked until I tried this!

I actually had to call my mom over this revelation.  LOL.  Her mom was German so we wonder if maybe it is just the European way to make scrambled eggs. 

I now understand though why my husband has always said he prefers my scrambled eggs to his mom's version.  LOL. 

• Love 1

Scrambled eggs:  Whip up the raw eggs and add a little water.  Put butter in the sauce pan and pull the eggs to the center as it cooks.  And then stir it around with a wooden spoon.  Don't overcook.

French toast:  Whip up the raw eggs and add some milk.  Dip the bread in the eggs and fry in a pan heated with butter.

Eggs francais is just basically making scramble eggs but adding milk instead of water.  

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I've always made my scrambled eggs with milk. Who knew I was secretly making Eggs a la Francais all this time? 

Me too - can't wait to announce it to everyone next time!

• Love 5