Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Quarantine

Driad
  • Start Topic

In the winter finale, Dr. Shaun Murphy and Dr. Alex Park treat two patients who collapse at the local airport and whose symptoms point to an infection that may become airborne. The staff races to contain the infection before it spreads to the rest of the people in the ER, resulting in a hospital quarantine during the holidays.

• Love 1

...well, damn. That was intense. 

I wanted that guy flirting with Morgan to live! They were cute together! Lim better survive, at least. And hopefully they'll be able to treat Park's son and get him feeling better, too.

And Glassman. Oh, dear. 

Agh, now I'm all anxious for January to get here!

• Love 20

It's Christmas time and life for everyone on The Good Doctor just sucks right now!

Definitely a pretty dark way to end things, I see.  I'd like to think Lim isn't going anywhere since they just upped Christina Chang to a regular this season, but she is clearly in big trouble if they can't figure out what this disease is.  I wonder if it is also going to be connected to whatever issues Shaun seems to be having with the lights, humming, and not being able to eat his sandwich.  Totally knew that friendly EMT guy was a goner.  The biggest surprise is that they gave that plot to Reznick instead of Claire, because normally Claire would totally get the "guy has a crush on her and it might lead somewhere, only to die!" plot, normally.

I was shocked at first that Park's son seemed older than I expected, but then I realized that Will Yun Lee is actually in his mid-40s.  I want whatever regimen he's on!

So, Melendez and Lim did hook up after-all!  And now Melendez gets to watch her possibly die from afar.  Oh, dear!

Even Glassman doesn't get a break, as it looks like his cancer has returned.

Looks like that it is it for 2018, so hopefully the gang will be in much better shape when 2019 arrives!

• Love 9

What a fantastic finale. It definitely revitalized the show a little bit for me. This first half of season 2 has been a bit shaky for me, but this episode really brought it back. 

I knew the paramedic that Morgan was flirting with (hi Dan Byrd!) would die, but damn if I wasn't hoping for a twist. I did like Morgan and did feel bad for her, but since the character was a one off, it was harder to feel that much sympathy. If he had been appearing all season, then maybe.

So, Lim and Melendez hook up, which leads Melendez to develop feelings for her just as she's infected and almost dies. I assume she will survive, and I hope she does. I genuinely enjoy Lim, so I'd be genuinely surprised if she did die. 

I didn't know the leukemia patient is married to Fiona Gubelmann in real life until I just read it on another site. Anyway, I liked that story quite a bit. No surprise his father, the donor, was in the hospital in the quarantine area. I suspect even if they can revive him, Melendez and Claire will be in some trouble. 

So, Shaun is completely overwhelmed by a buzzing in the lights and loses it at the worst possible time. I feel bad for him and hope this doesn't reflect too badly on him.

Of course Glassman reads his chart and finds out his cancer has come back.

Park's son Kellan is also in the ER and is suffering a severe asthma attack while Park watches. I bet Park is going to hold some resentment toward Shaun, even if it's not his fault. 

And, of course, Morgan is in the middle of surgery when Lim and Shaun both collapse. I think Andrews may need to send a doctor in there to help out because they don't have a lot of hands available besides a couple of nurses. 

Overall, an intense fall finale and now I cannot wait for this show to come back.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I didn't know the leukemia patient is married to Fiona Gubelmann in real life until I just read it on another site. 

Oh, really? Aw, that's cool :).

Anyway, I liked that story quite a bit. No surprise his father, the donor, was in the hospital in the quarantine area. I suspect even if they can revive him, Melendez and Claire will be in some trouble. 

Yep, I was thinking about that, too. It'll be especially interesting to see how Melendez handles this, given how he's been on Claire so much lately for going around protocols and whatnot. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yep, I was thinking about that, too. It'll be especially interesting to see how Melendez handles this, given how he's been on Claire so much lately for going around protocols and whatnot. 

It does suck since they've implied that he only did it because his feelings for Lim, and her in danger, got in the way of his usual stick-by-the-rules attitude. 

• Love 6

I was silently yelling to Shaun suggesting he ask that room full of people if there was an electrician available to fix that hum.

is Park's kid transitioning?

why couldn't some other doc get the marrow from the donor dad?

• Love 3

You cant end there, show! That was a super intense Fall finale, everything is going wrong, and shit is going down all over the place! Really exciting finale, with a lot going on that had high stakes, but without going full blown melodramatic silliness. Merry Christmas everyone! Everything sucks for everyone! 

Lea and Glassman actually made a decent pairing, and I felt awful for him getting the bad test results, and being unable to go to the hospital to help out. I dont blame him for wanting to go off to help though, he knew that Shaun would freak out, and thats exactly what happened. 

To be fair, Shaun did really well in the circumstances until the last few minutes, when he had way too much stimuli and had a bit of a meltdown. He did well dealing with that asshole donor who kept yelling at him (and I liked Parks son standing up for him), and was keeping up with all the patients and trying to keep people calm, it was just at the end where things got to be too much. Poor Shaun. 

Really, poor everyone. They even made me feel bad for Reznick, when the nice EMT she was flirting with died. Yeah I saw that coming a mile away, but it was still sad to see. And Park was separated from his son, who he seems to have issues with (I doubt Park was a super affectionate parent, at least for awhile) and now Lim is sick, just after she hooks up with Melendez (which I fully support), and everything is going wrong at once! I kept expecting the building to catch fire or something, just to improve everyone's day! 

I was worried about the air vents, if the bacteria is air born. Wouldn't that be an issue? Granted, I dont know much about how this works, but I feel like this should be a bigger deal. 

That was a really nice cover of Silent Night, even if it was a sad carol. It was probably that or the original, bittersweet Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I had a real issue with how they were treating the potential infectious-ness of it all. They feel pretty strongly that it’s airborne and highly contagious but wait for the second death to close off the area - and what about the hospital’s air circulation system, wouldn’t it be spreading the germs all over?

And then every time they’re in with the paramedic guy they’ve got their Ebola suits on, but both had already spent time with the guy, talking and interacting with no suits, so already exposed. Then Lim is talking to Reznick, no masks or anything, when she suddenly realizes she has a rash and oh no she’s got it, so she shuts herself in the room with the paramedic?

They were all exposed all over the place and yet being very blasé about it all or being highly dramatic and oh noes now I must lock myself away.

So none of the actual transmittal of the disease made any sense to me and made it so the storyflow was being constantly interrupted by me saying “ oh come on”.

I thought the same thing,

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Lea and Glassman actually made a decent pairing, and I felt awful for him getting the bad test results, and being unable to go to the hospital to help out. I dont blame him for wanting to go off to help though, he knew that Shaun would freak out, and thats exactly what happened. 

Agreed. I'm glad Lea held her ground and didn't give in to Glassman. Like you said, I totally understand and appreciate him wanting to go help, but he's got enough stress on his plate and he's still recovering from the effects of his surgery, so it's a very good thing he wasn't at the hospital while all this chaos was going down. 

And I'm glad he had somebody there when he read his test results, too. That's not the sort of thing I think I'd want to be alone for. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I had a real issue with how they were treating the potential infectious-ness of it all. They feel pretty strongly that it’s airborne and highly contagious but wait for the second death to close off the area - and what about the hospital’s air circulation system, wouldn’t it be spreading the germs all over?

And then every time they’re in with the paramedic guy they’ve got their Ebola suits on, but both had already spent time with the guy, talking and interacting with no suits, so already exposed. Then Lim is talking to Reznick, no masks or anything, when she suddenly realizes she has a rash and oh no she’s got it, so she shuts herself in the room with the paramedic?

They were all exposed all over the place and yet being very blasé about it all or being highly dramatic and oh noes now I must lock myself away.

So none of the actual transmittal of the disease made any sense to me and made it so the storyflow was being constantly interrupted by me saying “ oh come on”.

I agree with you.  Nothing about the way it was handled was at all realistic and it took me out of the episode. I laughed a lot.

• Love 2

All the catastrophic cliffhangers make this show too much like Grey's Anatomy. If Lim dies I'll be upset, but if she doesn't, that would be ridiculous as well considering how quickly the other three died.

Agree with the terrible execution of the quarantine, and I also don't buy that the CDC didn't show up for this because it's Christmas. With an outbreak that severe and so many people possibly affected internationally, they'd be on it right away, holiday or no holiday.

3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I wonder if it is also going to be connected to whatever issues Shaun seems to be having with the lights, humming, and not being able to eat his sandwich. 

I thought the humming caused sensory overload, which has more to do with his autism than any possible infection. And maybe he couldn't eat the sandwich because it wasn't how he normally eats lunch. My brother is autistic, and when he was younger he had to have his silverware aligned parallel with the plate and the cup with its handle at a right angle facing out before he could eat.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Definitely a pretty dark way to end things, I see.  I'd like to think Lim isn't going anywhere since they just upped Christina Chang to a regular this season, but she is clearly in big trouble if they can't figure out what this disease is.  I wonder if it is also going to be connected to whatever issues Shaun seems to be having with the lights, humming, and not being able to eat his sandwich.  

Well the sandwich thing is simple - the sandwich had pickles on it!

I was expecting them to end it with Shaun just smashing the light with a chair, or yelling about how the light should be turned off. Shaun has been in stressful situatiosn before, and it is a hospital, every light will not be new and there are many buzzing old lights, he probably would've had this sensory overload already.

4 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Agree with the terrible execution of the quarantine, and I also don't buy that the CDC didn't show up for this because it's Christmas. With an outbreak that severe and so many people possibly affected internationally, they'd be on it right away, holiday or no holiday.

And, well, they said that they had all of their virologists in Malaysia, and the rest were stuck on the East Coast.

I imagine the CDC would have a rapid response team in or near the major metropoles - or, at least, NYC, Atlanta, Chicago, Somewhere in Texas.

• Love 4

Loved this episode! Wow.  Yeah the timeliness of deciding on even soft quarantine was a bit slow but the rest? Wow.  And explains Glassman's memory loss.  Poor Shaun.  I expect at the beginning of the next show he'll be helped to find his equilibrium and hopefully help save the day.  I bet knowing the new diagnosis Glassman goes in to help too.  Who knows?  But I really, really want to see how this plays out.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Of course Glassman reads his chart and finds out his cancer has come back.

Why the heck did they send the actual pictures??  What is this, the 1980's?

"Imaging" appointment, they said?  Probably an MRI, but who knows with this show anymore.  Anyway, we don't make actual films anymore -- if an imaging study needs to be hand-carried or sent to another hospital, we burn it onto a CD.

Again, this hospital seems to employ no Xray, MRI, or Nuc Med techs.  Doctors don't normally take their own Xrays, although Shaun taking the portable KUB might be realistic as they couldn't send in a tech to be exposed to the virus.  But it's kind of funny that he knows how.

• Love 7

High drama for the winter finale.  I felt the worst for Dr. Lim, for whatever reason.

I guess that diabetic fellow was right that he needed more that 10 units of insulin.  

Funny that guy calling Shaun "Doogie", but I have a feeling this has been used before?

I hope Shaun doesn't get in trouble for his meltdown.  This is probably the biggest example so far of his autism interfering with his ability to do his job, or is that even an issue any more?

I'm sorry about Dr. Glassman's tumor returning, but the guy still annoys me.  He was rude to Lea, who was doing him a favor, and he tricked the lady working at the clinic.  Because he's above having to go through protocol like the rest of us.  I guess it was nice that he wanted to help at the hospital, but I just felt you don't work there anymore, what are you going to do?

• Love 5

I predict glassman will save the day and die a martyr as he will figure he's on the way out anyway. We'll see. Overall a great episode. Suspenseful tv. I love Lim and she better not die. She's a badass.  In the voice of Chandler from "Friends," "could the CDC *BE* any slower!?" 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, doLLish said:

I agree with you.  Nothing about the way it was handled was at all realistic and it took me out of the episode. I laughed a lot.

Me too. Like when the pregnant woman's husband/partner was trying to get to her and enter the contagion zone and she's all like no, you have to stay out so you can be there for our son, and that's what talks him down 'cause he's all like, 'we're having a son, sigh'. But how is that a comfort? She's in a quarantine zone where three people have died and a fourth is on her way to death. So how will this work? Pregnant mom dies from contagion but baby somehow doesn't and dad gets to raise his son?

• Love 18

I hope Shaun doesn't get in trouble for his meltdown.  This is probably the biggest example so far of his autism interfering with his ability to do his job, or is that even an issue any more?

If this were the real world, this should be it for Shaun. This is exactly what Andrews was worried about and it happened since not everything can be a carefully controlled situation in that profession. On the other hand, if it were the real world, the CDC would have been there in no time at all or at least given instructions to authorities on what to do.

They are trying to ratchet up the misery on this show to "This is Us" level....let's see if some more bad shit is going to happen. I cant believe that Lea and Dr. Toby didn't get into a car accident on the way home caused by a helicopter crash involving the CDC guys trying to get to the hospital and maybe, somehow, involving Andrew's wife and Claire's best friend from childhood.

Funny that guy calling Shaun "Doogie", but I have a feeling this has been used before?

Loved it....but Dougie, while not quite as "brilliant" a doctor, would have made sure the insulin was administered.

• Love 9

Even Shaun's freaking out about his lunch being late struck me as absurd. Surely he's been stuck in a long surgery before, and has had to abandon some of his routines. Unless he turns up with the rash, his behavior was out of character this week, because he's already learned to deal with chaos and disruption, and I'm sure this isn't the first time there's been a fluorescent light buzzing in the hospital (I hate those, too, but no way is it a rarity that one would happen).

Blood sugar of 650 is shockingly high.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, catrice2 said:

So I missed the first 10 min and will have to rewatch tonight. Apparently I got a shirtless scene?  Was this the first time or hinted at one of many times?  Casual or intense?

I'd say they were casual in the scene; which makes me thinks this was not their first time, but there was no other indication that they'd done it before.

• Love 1

Welcome to The Good Doctor - CHICAGO MED style. 

Did they break more rules than they usually do on MED? 

DNR - who cares; 

Confidential documents - he's not going to read them, OOPS; 

Impromptu operating room - lawsuit waiting to happen;

Potentially infected patient pukes on a person in the waiting room, OOPS.

I'm sure there are more.

Someone, please explain what was going on with Shaun and the lights?

• Love 2

Well this was a grim episode, and I not sure that I liked it, although I guess it made for an interesting cliffhanger, but it was sad to watch everything go to hell so quickly.  

I don't usually mind some minor medical inaccuracies but there were a few that bugged me.  In light of an airborne illness, it seems to me that everyone quarantined in the ER should have been given surgical mask, first and foremost the doctors and nurses.  

On a more positive note, it's good to see we are learning more about Park.  I also thought Glassman and Lea played well off of each other.  

• Love 5

I was underwhelmed by Melendez and  Lim.There really was no making out scene just  waking up and talking about what happened. Melendez tried the Jaime Foxx Blame it on the alcohol...Lim thinks Andrews is so powerful he can make them sleep with each other.....

I was actually looking forward to having to colleagues  who respect each other, annoy each other sometimes but we're not romantically involved. Oh well. If only they would write a mature Romance. I am sure we will now play the will they pr won't they continue game. Isn't Andrews the chief of surgery? Why isn't he going to the ER to help out?

Sympathize with Sean and like the character and respectful showing things that bother some autistic people but it will be hard to believe his freaking out like that during a crisis will go unnoticed. 

Could care less about Resnick and could not digest that we made it an episode without major Claire drama 

Both Leah and Glassman annoy me so it was great they were together.

A little over the angry child of divorce with a smart mouth that shows up in all shows.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I am sure we will now play the will they pr won't they continue game

That's if she doesn't die. Oh yeah, in these situations only the patients die, the staff will be miraculously saved.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

The captions said hypoglycemic shock, but that made no sense if his glucose was 650.

ETA: yes, Melendez was shirtless, post-whatever with Lim. You can decide whether it was intense or not.

It does if either Shawn has administered the extra 10 units which would have been extremely imprudent considering they didn’t know when the man checked his blood sugar or if he had anything to eat. You can’t just give somebody 10 units without knowing a hell of a lot more than they did. 

What is also possible, is that since insulin takes time to take effect, that his blood sugar was on the way down, although even that seems really fast for hypoglycemic shock. 

• Love 2

I still had this on the DVR, so I just watched that part with the diabetic patient back.  He clearly did say "hypoglyc..." then trailed off because of the light buzzing.  So that means it was probably due to Shaun giving him too much insulin.  I thought it was odd that Shaun apparently took him at his word that it was 650 or whatever it was - I just figured he rechecked it but it wasn't shown on TV.  But it appears that Shaun made a mistake.

6 hours ago, AriAu said:

If this were the real world, this should be it for Shaun. This is exactly what Andrews was worried about and it happened since not everything can be a carefully controlled situation in that profession.

This also happened at about the worst possible time, because everyone else was busy or incapacitated.

I hope that this does cause some trouble for him, for the sake of the story.  

5 hours ago, possibilities said:

Even Shaun's freaking out about his lunch being late struck me as absurd.

I didn't quite understand that bit where he started to eat the sandwich and acted like it tasted terrible and threw it away.  Was the sandwich actually spoiled?  Or was he simply upset because he was eating it at the wrong time?  Because if it was the latter, he sure looked happy and content right before he started eating it.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, bros402 said:

Well the sandwich thing is simple - the sandwich had pickles on it!

Have we heard or seen in an earlier episode that Shaun won't eat anything with pickles?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

The captions said hypoglycemic shock, but that made no sense if his glucose was 650.

1 hour ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

It does if either Shawn has administered the extra 10 units which would have been extremely imprudent considering they didn’t know when the man checked his blood sugar or if he had anything to eat. You can’t just give somebody 10 units without knowing a hell of a lot more than they did. 

What is also possible, is that since insulin takes time to take effect, that his blood sugar was on the way down, although even that seems really fast for hypoglycemic shock. 

Yes, to all of this. TV getting diabetes wrong has been my major pet peeve recently because it spreads so much misinformation. There is no way they would keep giving that man insulin without having someone certified check his blood. He could be lying. He could have moved a sticky glazed doughnut off one of the seats in the emergency waiting room and had residual sugar on his fingers when (if) he took his blood test. Maybe Sean gave him the wrong type of insulin (fast acting vs. long acting) due to the buzzing light fixture. Whatever the reason, I can't see someone going from 650 to a hypoglycemic passing out reaction that quickly. It would have made more sense to say he was hyperglycemic with the information given. Check him for ketones! I hope they explain this in January. 

Side note: I've always wanted to see a medical show tackle the concept of insulin anorexia (I can't remember the medical term). When I was much, much younger, not only did my doctor talk to me about it, but there were some articles I read about how teen girls would not take their insulin for long periods as a way to lose weight, despite the damage it was doing to their organs. It's definitely a new take on the usual story.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Zanne said:

Side note: I've always wanted to see a medical show tackle the concept of insulin anorexia (I can't remember the medical term). When I was much, much younger, not only did my doctor talk to me about it, but there were some articles I read about how teen girls would not take their insulin for long periods as a way to lose weight, despite the damage it was doing to their organs. It's definitely a new take on the usual story.

This is new to me. I second this.

• Love 3

I just really hope that Lim doesent die to provide Melendez with lots of angst now that they hooked up. She deserves better than that, and I would like to think this show would know better. 

Seriously, no CDC? No one could be called away from their 24 Hour A Christmas Story marathon to deal with the people who are all dying of an airborne pathogen in a major hospital?! I really liked this episode, and normally dont mind medical contrivances for the sake of the plot, but that did stretch things just a bit

• Love 8

I think both Lim and Glassman will survive.  She will because they need her to be the second surgical attending and Glassman because it's Richard Schiff and you don't get rid of him unless the actor wants to go.

What a thoroughly depressing episode.  I knew the EMT wouldn't survive as soon as he started planning a date with Morgan.

I have never understood why doctors wouldn't be allowed to look at their test results.  An argument could be made for people who doesn't understand the medicine but there's no reason why Glassman, an experienced neurologist, shouldn't see the scans of his own brain.

WRT to contagion because it's an air-bourne virus, once they figured out the woman had caught it, they put her into an negative pressure room which is what they use for infectious diseases like that. But maybe too little, too late.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:07 PM, Robert Lynch said:

That's Annie Lennox singing "Silent Night", correct? Her vocals are very distinct.

Yes.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:15 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I was shocked at first that Park's son seemed older than I expected, but then I realized that Will Yun Lee is actually in his mid-40s.  I want whatever regimen he's on!

It's the Asian genes.  Christina Chang (Lim)  is 47. Ming-Na Wen on Agents of Shield is 55.

20 hours ago, bros402 said:

I was expecting them to end it with Shaun just smashing the light with a chair, or yelling about how the light should be turned off. Shaun has been in stressful situatiosn before, and it is a hospital, every light will not be new and there are many buzzing old lights, he probably would've had this sensory overload already.

And, well, they said that they had all of their virologists in Malaysia, and the rest were stuck on the East Coast.
I imagine the CDC would have a rapid response team in or near the major metropoles - or, at least, NYC, Atlanta, Chicago, Somewhere in Texas.

I'm surprised that the hospital didn't have a plan to deal with a potential outbreak of this type. Ever since the SARS epidemic, large hospitals have been working out scenarios for cases just like this.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2018 at 8:03 PM, Annber03 said:

They were cute together! Lim better survive, at least. And hopefully they'll be able to treat Park's son and get him feeling better, too.

I don't think Park's son has the SARS-but-faster-whatever-it-is. I think he was just having a regular asthma attack.

On 12/3/2018 at 8:48 PM, rhys said:

is Park's kid transitioning?

Pretty sure he's just a feminist, but was assuming his father would interpret his shirt as something else.

8 hours ago, Driad said:

When the diabetic man collapsed, did someone say he had insulin shock?  That would be from too much insulin or too little food, not from too little insulin, right?

I thought the sequence was Shaun was about to give him more, but got interrupted by bowel guy's emergency. So Shaun only gave him the initial 10. But when the guy was complaining I thought he'd told Shaun 10 was nothing and he needed 50. Shaun had taken something out of the cabinet before the bowel guy interuppted by vomiting. So I think they were implying the diabetic dude administered himself all of whatever Shaun had taken out of the cabinet, before Shaun left to do the surgery.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Driad said:

Have we heard or seen in an earlier episode that Shaun won't eat anything with pickles?

I dunno, probably somewhere in the first season. I was making the comment because I do not like pickles at all and I have mild autism, it's a weird sensory thing.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm surprised that the hospital didn't have a plan to deal with a potential outbreak of this type. Ever since the SARS epidemic, large hospitals have been working out scenarios for cases just like this.

That too. You think they'd have a team of people with whatever certification they said Melendez didn't have ready to go into a quarantine. Even if it is just random doctors at the hospital of varying disciplines. Imagine the fun jokes they would make if the only person who was in the hospital when the quarantine happened was a Podiatrist.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Zanne said:

It would have made more sense to say he was hyperglycemic with the information given. Check him for ketones! I hope they explain this in January. 

I never saw Shaun give the second dose of insulin, and I thought he misspoke when he said the collapsed guy was hypo instead of hyper, but it will be hard for the show to justify that error. On the other hand, all Shaun did was check his pulse before declaring it hypo, right? He didn't check the actual glucose, did he? So really, we don't know that it was an accurate diagnosis. Either way, it really looks bad for Shaun.

• Love 3

I might be in the minority but I didn't like the finale too much.  I don't think I hated it I think it was just too much; if you list out all the issues going from the various Doctors personal and professional stories and trickling down to the patients both in and out of the ER you have, by my count, at least 10 story lines going on all at once.  It was supposed to be dramatic and overwhelming for the Doctors and the Hospital but it felt overwhelming as a viewer, too much to keep track of and care about.  Not that it was terrible, I still love the show just, to me, not the best even for a cliff hanger.

Was that Camille Guaty playing the pregnant women?  I loved Scorpion (well before it sort of fell apart at the end of the series) but especially Meghan and Sylvester's love story.  I was sure it was her but the show isn't on her IMDB page and there's nothing for that character the Good Doctor's page either so I can't confirm who it was.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:15 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Even stalking around on Hawaii Five-0 there was hotness under all that Sang Min mullet,, he's one of those that seems to get better looking as he ages too.   But I agree he could easily pass for 10 years younger than actual age.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I might be in the minority but I didn't like the finale too much.  I don't think I hated it I think it was just too much; if you list out all the issues going from the various Doctors personal and professional stories and trickling down to the patients both in and out of the ER you have, by my count, at least 10 story lines going on all at once.  It was supposed to be dramatic and overwhelming for the Doctors and the Hospital but it felt overwhelming as a viewer, too much to keep track of and care about.  Not that it was terrible, I still love the show just, to me, not the best even for a cliff hanger.

Was that Camille Guaty playing the pregnant women?  I loved Scorpion (well before it sort of fell apart at the end of the series) but especially Meghan and Sylvester's love story.  I was sure it was her but the show isn't on her IMDB page and there's nothing for that character the Good Doctor's page either so I can't confirm who it was.

Even stalking around on Hawaii Five-0 there was hotness under all that Sang Min mullet,, he's one of those that seems to get better looking as he ages too.   But I agree he could easily pass for 10 years younger than actual age.

I didn't feel anything either, and I love most of the characters. I thought it was "This is Us" contrived and way too depressing for a holiday show finale. ER and MASH did that great with a balance of sadness but a little bit of hope and smiles. You knew who would die and Dr Glassman was a toss up, a happy Xmas with a good scan or not but they went for not. I thought since he was still treating, it would be later. I still think they wont write him off yet. Sean still needs someone who is stable in his life and he fought too hard to "save" him to let him go. Time will tell.

• Love 1
On 12/4/2018 at 5:16 PM, Lady Calypso said:

So, Shaun is completely overwhelmed by a buzzing in the lights and loses it at the worst possible time. I feel bad for him and hope this doesn't reflect too badly on him.

Looks like in the trailer for season 2x11 he comes back to the situation quite quickly with some nurse intervention.  So looks like all good.

• Love 2

Would it kill this show to do a funny, lighthearted finale? They crammed so much doom and gloom into an hour show - and not very well done either - I spent a lot of time rolling my eyes and yelling "come on." The distraught father-to-be trying to get to his quarantined pregnant wife is easily calmed, but the nutso doctor keeps banging on the doors to get to his estranged son having an asthma attack. I thought the comment about his son transitioning was to show what an out-of-touch-yet-eager-to-please Dad he was (and it checked the box for mentioning transitioning at least once per show. Ditto on Catrice2's observation of the surfeit of angry children of divorce). Nice to see Claire escape relatively unscathed, and they're really turning up the charm offensive on Resnick. I like Melendez and Lim - they better not kill her off. (And they really got rid of his lawyer girlfriend?) Lea was bearable for the first time in a long time, and Glassman was, well, Eeyore. It really sucks that his cancer is back in that, it's cancer, but also in terms of character development. He was more interesting as the head of the hospital and as mentor/friend to Sean. I feel like they're just scrambling around for intricate storylines and complex cases and the characters are an afterthought. I watch out of habit - and my daughter loves it - but this show is waning.

• Love 4