Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

On 6/27/2020 at 7:43 PM, Nysha said:

So in the first hat picture Mykelti is wearing the 'Rad is Weird' shirt over the yellow polka-dot dress and tied it at the waist to make the dress look like a skirt? That's an interesting fashion choice.

Without focusing on whether the two pieces compliment each other, from a conceptual point of view, what's the issue with adding versatility to one's wardrobe by wearing a shirt, sweater, or other over a dress to it gives the illusion of a skirt and top?  It's actually a quite common suggestion from fashion advisors.

• Love 3
On 6/29/2020 at 5:59 AM, sharkerbaby said:

Without focusing on whether the two pieces compliment each other, from a conceptual point of view, what's the issue with adding versatility to one's wardrobe by wearing a shirt, sweater, or other over a dress to it gives the illusion of a skirt and top?  It's actually a quite common suggestion from fashion advisors.

Okay, I'm old and have lived most of my life in jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes with the occasional dress or skirt for fancy occasions. The only people I've met who put shirts over their dresses are under 10, but I have exactly zero sense of fashion beyond believing that slips and nylons were invented by the devil.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

I think the couch cushions in my grandmother's basement rumpus room was covered in that fabric pattern, although it was 1960s orange and brown.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Is "How you all enjoy it immensely" supposed to be a question asking how people celebrated?  Or an avoidable/correctable typo in the statement "hope you all enjoy it immensely"?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
51 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Is "How you all enjoy it immensely" supposed to be a question asking how people celebrated?  Or an avoidable/correctable typo in the statement "hope you all enjoy it immensely"?

Someone better suited to translating this than I will have to give you that answer. She makes no sense 99% of the time already. I have to wonder if she's dyslexic. Or maybe it was just Christine's homeschooling.

Edited by Kohola3
Good grief, I can't spell either!
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I think the couch cushions in my grandmother's basement rumpus room was covered in that fabric pattern, although it was 1960s orange and brown.

And the farmer tan is a nice touch. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Possibly she considers her statement a teaching moment on how to enjoy Independence Day.  Wearing a LLR dress with little scampers would make me feel independent of common style sense.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Someone better suited to translating this than I will have to give you that answer. She makes no sense 99% of the time already. I have to wonder if she's dyslexic. Or maybe it was just Christine's homeschooling.

Is she the one that was diagnosed with failer (sp)to thrive? If so maybe some brain damage?

4 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Is that the cult-de-sac in the background?  Maybe it's just that all McMansion developments look alike.

I think she mentioned recently that she and Tony moved, maybe that is the new development they moved into.  Those houses in the background are pretty big for just a young couple...unless Mykelti also needs 4 bedrooms to fill with her inventory and Tony's collections.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I think she mentioned recently that she and Tony moved, maybe that is the new development they moved into.  Those houses in the background are pretty big for just a young couple...unless Mykelti also needs 4 bedrooms to fill with her inventory and Tony's collections.

She's tagging Washington Utah in her post, and I believe that's just a few miles from St. George, their previous location.  I have not heard that they put the St. George home up for sale or if Paedon and Tony's "bros" are still living there.  They must be doing quite well if they can afford to buy what appears to be a very nice home without selling the first one.  Even if the other guys are still living in the house and paying enough rent to cover the mortgage, they would still need to come up with a healthy downpayment to buy a house like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Mykelti and sidekick bought a 4bd house on 5/21/2020. Paid $353,400. Nice 3 car garage.  You can search the property records online at the Washington county recorders office.

Edited by parmagirl
  • Useful 10

FT can't be making enough at the bank to afford that?  Mykelti must be selling a lot of ugly clothes, and they need the extra BR's to store all the crap that even her fans won't buy.

Sounds like they live large, but she knows nothing else, being a Brown Clown.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, parmagirl said:

Mykelti and sidekick bought a 4bd house on 5/21/2020. Paid $353,400. Nice 3 car garage.  You can search the property records online at the Washington county recorders office.

I remember her posting  about buying a truck recently too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Washington and St George are adjoining cities in Washington County. They are one continuous hunk of concrete and asphalt w/o desert or distance in between.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

FT can't be making enough at the bank to afford that?  Mykelti must be selling a lot of ugly clothes, and they need the extra BR's to store all the crap that even her fans won't buy.

Sounds like they live large, but she knows nothing else, being a Brown Clown.  

Honestly, former WF employee here, if they have enough down ($ from the show), good credit, and can show they can afford the payments, they are in. Being an employee gets you a discount of .25% on the rate, but they still have to qualify like everyone else.  The days of privileged lending are long gone.  
Credit, proof of being able to pay, and down payment are everything.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

For example: I lived at the western boundary of St George and my nephew lives at the eastern boundary of Washington. Traveling east, I drove the 9 miles to his place in 15 minutes.

The populated area is very small and surrounded by the northern portion of the vast Mojave Desert on all sides. 

• Useful 3
(edited)

Oooh, I agree. Redford and Fonda had great chemistry. She said she fell in love with him four times, during their love-interest roles in four movies and greatly enjoyed their love scenes. Nothing personal, but he didn't like doing them with anyone and says he never knew she was in love with him.

I always thought Paul Newman was fine... until I saw him next to Robert Redford. Wowzer!

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3

It seems suspicious - they were featured on the show in 2016 during the marriage espiodes. TLC doesn't pay much. Since then they've only been in the background and not at all (except FaceTime) during the last season. I suppose that's due to WF putting the kibosh on tony being on the show. 

I've just seen too many examples of MLM-ers going crazy buying houses, cars etc while they're flush, then when things go bad those homes are repossessed or quietly sold. 

Tony just doesn't seem to be all that smart when it comes to investing. They just like to buy big showy purchases. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I can't imagine FT pulling down enough money to afford a house like this, yet.  There must be gold in the rips and runs of those Lulanos, that and the show.  

Agree with the person upthread who said Mykelti looked happy, ugly eyebrows and all.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

There must be gold in the rips and runs of those Lulanos, that and the show.

LulaNos are cheaply made so their fanatics keep replacing them.  Astute people would buy a couple of pairs of real jeans and a few shirts and be set for 10 years instead of 10 weeks with LulaCrap.  Not to mention sweating like a pig in polyester instead of cotton.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

It seems suspicious - they were featured on the show in 2016 during the marriage espiodes. TLC doesn't pay much. Since then they've only been in the background and not at all (except FaceTime) during the last season. I suppose that's due to WF putting the kibosh on tony being on the show. 

I've just seen too many examples of MLM-ers going crazy buying houses, cars etc while they're flush, then when things go bad those homes are repossessed or quietly sold. 

Tony just doesn't seem to be all that smart when it comes to investing. They just like to buy big showy purchases. 

Based on owning maybe $0.5M in real estate, Tony either can teach Kody about financial management or Tony learned from Kody how to mismanage finances.  After all, Tony nonchalantly recommended that Kody take a home equity loan to pay for Mykelti's wedding.  

I do kinda hope that it gnaws at Kody that Tony's real estate empire is proportionate to Kody's, even though Tony's a generation younger.   What's worse is that I'm not pro-Tony at all.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

I do kinda hope that it gnaws at Kody that Tony's real estate empire is proportionate to Kody's, even though Tony's a generation younger.   What's worse is that I'm not pro-Tony at all.

LOL, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think that Christine and Mykelti are doing well with Lularoe. As I've said before, Mykelti seems to me to be a hard worker. I think she also enjoys interacting with her followers/customers and sells quite a lot, if not as much as Christine. Both are in Meri's downline and likely have downlines of their own. If Tony is doing well at the bank, I could certainly see them qualifying for a loan on their new home - especially with the rent they are getting from their friends, Paedon, Tony's bro etc. who are renting the St George place, which I think was a townhouse. I say good for them for buying a bigger home. Who knows, Tony may have even gotten some funds from his family for the downpayment. 

They may be up to their eyeballs in debt what with the two homes and the new truck, but I have a feeling Tony is better with money than his portrayal on the show (which was years ago when he was younger) would indicate. I also respect their postponing having children, although with this new larger house that may be the next step in their plans. On the other hand, who knows, maybe they are waiting to sell the townhouse and then use any profits to pay down some of the debt on the new house. They could also still rent out one or two bedrooms in the new place if they need to. Maybe they saw a good opportunity to upsize and went for it.

The real question is whether Meri is being called upon to spread the largesse of profits from her huge downline among the fambly. 

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Maybe they saw a good opportunity to upsize and went for it.

I have no idea what the pandemic is doing to the housing market.  Maybe it's a buyers market and they got a good deal. 

Since I am in my "home til I die" place I haven't really kept up.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

The real question is whether Meri is being called upon to spread the largesse of profits from her huge downline among the fambly. 

Now this is a plotline I wouldn't mind see play out on Season 15.  If Kody has essentially shunned Meri (who can forget his scowly-faced whinefest at their last therapy session where he claimed that Meri misrepresented herself to him from the beginning), would Meri feel like sharing her wealth with the rest of the fam?  Could Kody guilt her into it or has that ship sailed?  This could be kind of fascinating to explore, assuming we can get a semblance of truth out of these people.  If you're the ex-first wife of a plyg man, and are now divorced and said man could not possibly care less what you do or where you live, does Meri still owe this family anything?  Especially if the other wives aren't bothering to reach out to her as well?

And since this is Mykelti's thread, I'm starting to think that her brand of ditzy and "whimsical" might just make her the exact right kind of person to sell polyester t-shirts and leggings with a nice possessed dalmatian or drunk ladybug print.  The people buying this crap need to see someone wearing the stuff who actually seems to be having fun with it.  I can see where Mykelti and Christine could potentially usurp Meri in this particular niche market.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Very doubtful.  Which is why Christine is begging people to buy her clothes, to help get money for her daughters surgery.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Very doubtful.  Which is why Christine is begging people to buy her clothes, to help get money for her daughters surgery.

The big "tell" to me that Meri wasn't spreading the wealth to the rest of the family came when she was trying to raise the funds for the down payment on the BnB.  She stomped out of the room announcing that 'they wouldn't see her around for a while'.  Presumably, she was going to put her head down and sell enough LLR to come up with the money needed.  If the deal was that she was obliged to share her earnings with the family, she wouldn't have been able to direct money earned to her own purpose.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
51 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The best part about Tony is that he has the hair that Kody wishes he had.

Is that a neck beard he is growing or just an extension of his scanty billy-goat chin hair?

• LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Is that a neck beard he is growing or just an extension of his scanty billy-goat chin hair?

I think that they are just long fish whiskers.  Would you sign any financial papers with that mess?  I sure wouldn't!

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I think that they are just long fish whiskers.  Would you sign any financial papers with that mess?  I sure wouldn't!

I have a feeling Tony may spend his days at WF on the phone in a boiler room atmosphere drumming up business, renewals of mortgages and loans.  He may be good on the phone, he does have a gift of gab and being bilingual doesn't hurt.  Once he has hooked them with an appointment to come in to do business, they are ushered into a more sedate atmosphere with representatives you would expect to see in a bank atmosphere.

• Love 11

Whatever he's doing with WF, between that and her ugly clothing sales, these two seem to be doing extremely well for themselves.  I absolutely love the idea that as the five Brown parents go down in financial flames, their offspring will be flying high.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I have a feeling Tony may spend his days at WF on the phone in a boiler room atmosphere drumming up business, renewals of mortgages and loans.  He may be good on the phone, he does have a gift of gab and being bilingual doesn't hurt.  Once he has hooked them with an appointment to come in to do business, they are ushered into a more sedate atmosphere with representatives you would expect to see in a bank atmosphere.

Probably 99 percent over the phone or online these days.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Whatever he's doing with WF, between that and her ugly clothing sales, these two seem to be doing extremely well for themselves.  I absolutely love the idea that as the five Brown parents go down in financial flames, their offspring will be flying high.  

They seem to be doing well but are they saving anything for the future or just spending like there's no tomorrow? I've just known too many people who look like they're living the rich life but are only one paycheck away from Oblivion. Just because Tony works at a bank (especially WFB) doesn't make him a financially savvy person. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

They seem to be doing well but are they saving anything for the future or just spending like there's no tomorrow?

Yeah, that's the issue.  Knowing how the Browns all live hand to mouth it's not like Mykelti has much in the way of role models for saving. And while FT works at WF, that doesn't necessarily mean he knows more than what is in the scripts he probably follows.  Asking his future FIL to take out a HELOC to pay for the wedding is a big tell to me. 

I'd wager that any money Mykelti makes goes right back into her inventory.  Which the hallmark of the MLM's.  Nobody gets rich except the top tier no matter how hard the worker bees hit up their friends and family.

• Love 8

WF bankers are taking in person appointments.  They are expected to have 6 a day, and are being encouraged to bring their “book of business” (family, friends, previous customers) in for a “financial review”.  Aka sell them stuff.  
I am so glad I am out of there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5