Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't think you're being over sensitive at all, it was a snotty sounding response.

If you need me I'll ride shotgun 😂

I didn't catch the "why" of the duh, either.  Jackassery is what I noticed.

This COL doesn't like to be condescended to, either.  Since shotgun is taken, I'll ride in back by the window!

2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I NEED TO GET SOME PRELL IMMEDIATELY! 
(If I can find it that is...)

You can.  I hate to tell Mr. Xword that story since he uses it!  Walmart usually has the cheapest price.  I guess Mr. is lucky he hasn't gone bald!

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Prell used to make my hair fall out. lol  the husband insists that Ajax dish washing soap works great in clearing bathroom drains. 

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Thank you! I'm checking my Walgreens today. We don't have the other two here 😊

You don’t have a WalMart or Dollar General where you live?! 😯😯 Talk about angels singingk!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Duh??...............Huh??

Care to explain your use of this term in this context?

I was adding to agree with the original poster.  Not intended to be rude to anyone.  His horrid behavior was definitely not a good reflection on whatever bank that employs him.  We all know editors can make something innocuous look much worse, but my gut feeling is that he probably has more gems like the ones he has said before and they never made the final cut, so it would be interesting to see if he acted the same way in real life without a camera in front of his face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Lol Sandy I thought the same thing... Wtf is up with the Duh? 

I didn't see anything "Duh" about your post..  🙄

It wasn't intended to be condescending to your post.  My apologies. I corrected it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, RubySoho said:

You don’t have a WalMart or Dollar General where you live?! 😯😯 Talk about angels singingk!

Nope, the closest Walmart is in the East Bay on the other side of the bridge, and the closest Dollar General is 45 miles from me. 

Walgreens we got plenty of though 👍

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Funny story...my mom used to be a nurse in public health and then was school nurse.  While she was in public health, they did an experiment to see what shampoo would work the best with lice shampoo.  Out of all the ones they used, Prell worked by far the best because it stripped the hair so much, taking the lice and nits with it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Nope, the closest Walmart is in the East Bay on the other side of the bridge, and the closest Dollar General is 45 miles from me. 

That just blows my mind! I live in the very rural South. Dollar Generals are more common than coffee shops around these parts. 😂

• Love 5
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

No problem, we goof around a lot so we took it and ran..  😂👍

Thanks.  I do appreciate that.  It was late and when re-reading it, I totally understood where you were both coming from.  🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, RubySoho said:

That just blows my mind! I live in the very rural South. Dollar Generals are more common than coffee shops around these parts. 😂

It's the price of real estate here... Flagstaff is cheap in comparison. That's why I rent 😳

• Love 1

Believe it or not, at a store here in the NW (Bi-Mart) there's also a Prell conditioner.  Mr. Xword doesn't do conditioner, just the shampoo.  I have to admit I like the smell, but I'm a Tressemee gal, and I do use T conditioner as well.

Maybe someone that's on SM should fill Mykelti in on Prell.  It should strip that color she's trying to grow out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm so sad for you.😪  I'm headed to Lowes, Wal-Mart and the Dollar tree in a few minutes.  They are all within the same shopping center for me.  But you are blessed to live in SF so there's that.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, toodles said:

I'm so sad for you.😪  I'm headed to Lowes, Wal-Mart and the Dollar tree in a few minutes.  They are all within the same shopping center for me.  But you are blessed to live in SF so there's that.

We do have Target and Costco 😊 lived here all my life and I love it! 

• Love 5
On 2/18/2020 at 1:53 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

OMG - I remember going on fambily vacations and that was the shampoo my mom would always bring because you could get it in a tube and easier to travel with.  

I remember for a while it was the only shampoo my mom would buy.  I love the smell.

• Love 2

My aunt was using Prell over 50 years ago.  She had really bad hair, and she liked it because it took all the oil out and left her hair nice and dry (yay??).  She was also almost bald, but not from the Prell.  Females in our family just have bad hair.  I have used it to get rid of a bad highlight job.  Maybe it would take care of Mariah's greasy hair mess.  She really needs to try something (anything!!), but I get the idea from her posts that she just doesn't care about appearance.  Ick!

• Love 5

So, my thoughts on Tony. 

The bank he works for, I used to work for.  They are moving to give all their bankers securities licenses.  With that comes strict restrictions from the firm, per FINRA.  I would imagine he hasn’t gotten approval (yet) to be on the show.  They would look at it as a second form of employment, and the Advisers firm he works for (If in fact he was promoted, studied, and passed all the tests) is VERY stringent.  However, it’s not impossible.  They take a very long time to approve things.  Months. 
Case in point, the Married at First Sight “wealth managers”. If they are licensed, they too would have to jump through the hoops, and several did and were approved.  It’s possible the lag where we don’t see Tony could have been the approval period. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Useful 17
On 2/21/2020 at 3:26 PM, Fosca said:

I wonder if that's why Mykelti quit her bank job--so she could be on the show no problem.  Well, that and Lularoe/press-on-nails get-rich-quick.

You mean why she "quite" her job right? LOL 😀

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 2/20/2020 at 11:52 PM, Meowwww said:

So, my thoughts on Tony. 

The bank he works for, I used to work for.  They are moving to give all their bankers securities licenses.  With that comes strict restrictions from the firm, per FINRA.  I would imagine he hasn’t gotten approval (yet) to be on the show.  They would look at it as a second form of employment, and the Advisers firm he works for (If in fact he was promoted, studied, and passed all the tests) is VERY stringent.  However, it’s not impossible.  They take a very long time to approve things.  Months. 
Case in point, the Married at First Sight “wealth managers”. If they are licensed, they too would have to jump through the hoops, and several did and were approved.  It’s possible the lag where we don’t see Tony could have been the approval period. 

I really found this interesting.  Thank you so much for sharing your expertise!  What is the FINRA?

• Love 3
On 2/20/2020 at 8:52 PM, Meowwww said:

So, my thoughts on Tony. 

I'm in the financial services industry, and while I don't need a license, my employer requires me to disclose any other outside employment regardless of type. When I was teaching group fitness on the side I had to get approval from Legal and HR, annually. 

I could only imagine what my employer's reaction would be if I requested to participate in a third rate reality show.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Maybe it's just me...and my odd sense of humor.  But as soon as I saw that the pen was a "LuLaRoe" pen I heard Mel Brooks' voice in my head declaring... ""LuLaRoooEEE The Marketing Pen!!""

😂

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, Roslyn said:

70 yr old COL here, I have to admit in my 40's and 50's I had a fascination with pens and notebooks. I journaled a lot..."olden times SM" but finally realized it was not important enough to me to  keep doing. No one else will care about what I did or thought. I'll remember the things I want, and had no interest in going back and reading what I had written, so stopped. My late DH was an avid diarist and left boxes of diaries, written in Hungarian so not much use to me...

But I really did love gathering the notebooks and pens and stickies....so I guess I can identify somewhat with her fascination with them.

Edited by Gramto6
Argh tried to quote but sadly failed, don't know how to fix
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t know why but I find this sad, cute and endearing all at the same time.

I agree and it does seem very childlike.  I don't see any meanness in them just, as you said IP, cluelessness.  But there are millions of people like them that lead happy lives so I hope they stay away from the toxicity of their father and toddle along with their lives.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t know why but I find this sad, cute and endearing all at the same time.  Honestly besides Mariah and to a certain extent Maddie none of the kids really bother me. I mean honestly did she have even 1/5 of a chance.  No offense to Mykelti, but she doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, but her and Meatwad Tony seem to be trying to put a life together themselves.  At the very least they seem not to be in a hurry to drag kids into their nonsense yet.  I’m sure I’ll be irritated by her paper nails in a few posts, but I just imagine her sitting down with her idea notebook thinking up new things (spelled wrong).  I mean she does try, even Tony seems to support her by squeezing himself into the jeans.   They both seem so clueless.  I don’t even mean that to bash them.  I mean it in an every pot has a lid kind of a way.

I agree she’s definitely a few sticker nails short of a Color Street set, therefore more tolerable than the likes of Mariah and Maddie. She has an exuberant personality like a eager puppy dog, so you can’t help but find her somewhat likeable. 

I still think she behaved like a brat over the wedding episodes, with all the diva demands and has a tendency to the family self-absorbed gene, but ultimately she’s more tolerable, as she’s more a follower dimwit, rather than a scheming grifter with malicious intent to hustle money. I am just sad she followed her grifting family path into scammy MLM. I would have loved to see her get a bit of education and find an honest job, something that fulfilled her passion for clothing, that didn’t prey on vulnerable people and Sister wives fans. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Terrible grammar
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I still think she behaved like a brat over the wedding episodes,

Absolutely, much like a spoiled toddler who wants all of the toys. 

There's nothing wrong with not going to college, she might be so much better at some other job that's not an MLM.  Sadly that's all the girls were taught.  And living in a Mormon area it's probably all she EVER sees.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I still think she behaved like a brat over the wedding episodes

While I agree, I will give her a pass because they weren't as happy about Tony as they were Caleb and Mitch.  I think Christine and her kids got those crumbs Kody is going on about.  At least Tony has had the same job since they have been together.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

While I agree, I will give her a pass because they weren't as happy about Tony as they were Caleb and Mitch.  I think Christine and her kids got those crumbs Kody is going on about.  At least Tony has had the same job since they have been together.

You’re kind giving her a pass, I don’t 😆 

Mitch wasn’t even a factor then, Caleb was the only basis of comparison for son-in-law material and she should know he was already idolised due to stepping in to care for Curtis’s family; in the Brown parents eyes, he could do no wrong, they knew him and trusted he was a good man. Tony came in sweaty and awkward; controlling and belittling Mykelti, making immature jokes about tampons and wanting them to mortgage their house to finance his wedding. Joking or not, I’d be less than impressed with him initially as son-in-law material.

Mykelti should have been grateful they coughed up for the 4000 tacos and expensive golf club within 6 months, but instead she stomped around like a madam, putting sick kids, pregnant and elderly out in the cold, demanding her mom and sisters create homemade heinous flowers 24/7 and insisting for a paid for honeymoon. Ugh brat.

• Love 12
On 2/15/2020 at 8:28 PM, Meowwww said:

I’m tall, 5’11”.  I buy long jeans at Old Navy.  When they are on sale....4 for $55.  

If you have long legs, try Victoria’s Secret pants (according to Robin). Only $100 per pair...

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Mykelti should have been grateful they coughed up for the 4000 tacos and expensive golf club within 6 months, but instead she stomped around like a madam, putting sick kids, pregnant and elderly out in the cold, demanding her mom and sisters create homemade heinous flowers 24/7 and insisting for a paid for honeymoon. Ugh brat.

Nowadays she's such an amiable dunce that it's easy to forget what that chapter was like. Jayzzus. Thank you for the reminder. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Mykelti should have been grateful they coughed up for the 4000 tacos and expensive golf club within 6 months

they ( I’m guessing you meant TLC )....and geezus I did forget about those awful flowers she wanted and the wind machine weather outside , I totally blocked that out.  Was this the wedding Christine was belting out her song or was that Aspen’s wedding?

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

they ( I’m guessing you meant TLC )....and geezus I did forget about those awful flowers she wanted and the wind machine weather outside , I totally blocked that out.  Was this the wedding Christine was belting out her song or was that Aspen’s wedding?

I guess I was referring to her parents paying for it, but good point, obviously since TLC film it, I’m sure they provided the funds one way or another.  If TLC weren’t there, they definitely would have had to go with Fat Tony’s remortgage-the-house plan, to finance the taco twins dream day. (Side note: - I recently watched Aspyn’s weddingk and wow what a contrast, she’s telling her parents ‘please don’t spend this, if it’s too much I understand, I’d prefer to just elope honestly’ etc - Aspyn’s a little ditzy sometimes but she comes across as really sweet and humble compared to the me-me ‘M’ sisters). 

Anyway, yes it was Mykelti’s weddingk that Christine assaulted our ears with her glass-shattering rendition of ‘let meee caaaalll you swweeetheart! I’m in luuurve with yoooooouuu’.  

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I guess I was referring to her parents paying for it, but good point, obviously since TLC film it, I’m sure they provided the funds one way or another.  If TLC weren’t there, they definitely would have had to go with Fat Tony’s remortgage-the-house plan, to finance the taco twins dream day. (Side note: - I recently watched Aspyn’s weddingk and wow what a contrast, she’s telling her parents ‘please don’t spend this, if it’s too much I understand, I’d prefer to just elope honestly’ etc - Aspyn’s a little ditzy sometimes but she comes across as really sweet and humble compared to the me-me ‘M’ sisters). 

Anyway, yes it was Mykelti’s weddingk that Christine assaulted our ears with her glass-shattering rendition of ‘let meee caaaalll you swweeetheart! I’m in luuurve with yoooooouuu’.  

La Callie is expensive.  $8,407 for 50 Guests.  There is 18 siblings and 5 parents that is almost half your guest list there.  We know she had more than 50 people.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

La Callie is expensive.  $8,407 for 50 Guests.  There is 18 siblings and 5 parents that is almost half your guest list there.  We know she had more than 50 people.

They said on the episode while visiting La Callie her wedding quote would be $15,000 ish and on Maddie and Mykelti’s they had spent the same or more, so it would be on par. Aspyn had the good grace to be grateful and thankful and questioned if it was too much to spend at that point (unlike what we saw of the ‘I want’ taco twins and their 460 guests and 4000 tacos 😉) Christine said on Twitter at the time, that Aspyn’s was a small wedding there were only about 120 people attending (very immediate family only). 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Fixing my errors
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot of Mykelti talking about how a cat got into her LuLaNo room. She has no idea how, no windows or doors were open.

I don’t think this was covered in Marketing 101.

48EF915D-3523-474E-9706-9401C758EA9F.jpeg

Not a cat, then. Obviously a time traveling shapeshifter.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I've never seen eyebrows that grow that way. Are these natural or did she draw them on that way?

She did want to be a fashion designer at one time, possibly she had her pencil crayons still around and put them to use.

• Love 5

Again with the "really busy" and "a million excuses".  The Browns need to change the rhetoric, it's really getting old.  And repetitive,   And boring.  And lies, all lies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12