Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Femme Finale

• Start Topic

Kelly and Emily both have these natural expressions that look like they're smelling something foul.

Vicki's face looks like she belongs in a wax museum.  Looks like you could just chip away at it.  Horrible.

What was Shannon dressing for, an afternoon bridal shower?  And then her version of a "rocker"?  Um, 1995 wants its headband back.  Yeah, I get it, trying to look like Brette Michaels.  Hilarimous.  

Steve will never marry Vicki.  She'll (hopefully) have a prenup so iron-clad, it won't be worth his while.  But hey, as long as she keeps pretending to want wanting sex 4 times a day and is ok to do it without marriage, why would he leave?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, kicksave said:

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!  Her mom is bipolar for crying out loud! She can't help the hand that has been dealt her and she's doing everything she can to get better. This isn't about you Emily...everything isn't about you. Have some empathy for what your mom is going through! My mother was bipolar too and life was hell for 40 years with her...she refused medication and she only got worse over time. She recently passed at age 92...I never blamed my mom for her illness and did everything I could while she still spoke to me, to help her but it was very hard when she wouldn't take medication. Emily's mom seems like she is working the program and doing everything she can to get well...Emily seems resentful and  almost shames her mom. And you're right...she's very judgey with her mom.

I can’t even imagine how rough that was for you. Nor could I imagine the challenges that Emily had. But Emily still doesn’t understand what mental illness is or how it is not a choice. Her mom can’t undo whatever happened earlier but man she’s really trying to ger better and be there for her family. Her mom was so sincere and appreciative, but Emily was awful to her. Her mom also seemed incredibly lovely. Her mom has worked so hard to get to where she was on the finale. I am so worried that Emily’s treatment of her mother and her comments on TV will be determental to her mom’s mental health.

It’s 2018 and there is still so much stigma attached to mental health. Makes me sad.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Of the 2 newbies - I'm going to side with keeping Emily. I still like her - mainly because she's going at it with Tamra on Social Media. I hope she makes an alliance with Shannon.

I still don't understand why her sister who she claims she is so close to, who was the surrogate to her 3 kids, who she raised...has not appeared once on the show - even via phone chat or just phone.

Emily is supposed to be an "event planner" and planned this theme of Femme Fatale - but she couldn't explain it at the costume store. As an event planner - she should have given her guests (mainly the HW's) a list of costumes stores they could rent from. As an event planner she should have those connections in her rolodex.

Pary was the most appropriately dressed.

Gina was Sunset Stripper Crack Ho

All this and how come we never saw her in the office?  She’s a lawyer too, right?  How come she never went to visit her Mother in Ohio when she was having a bad time mentally.  She doesn’t seem like an event planner also by the way that table looked.  It was dollar store crap.  How come a lot of things.  I think she’s a little daft.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, bosawks said:

They make Vicki and Brooks look like Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy.

My favorite book and movie with Keira Knightley.  The scene where she runs from the church in the rain and he tells her he loves her.  Swoon.  Think I’ll watch it tonight.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

Eddie doesn't like any of the women...why does he bother to even be filmed...he's such a sourpuss.

I'm thinking that given the seriousness of Eddie's health condition, he probably realizes that all of these women aren't worth a minute of his concern.  He's probably looking at all of them and thinking to himself "Bitch, you think you've got problems?"   I feel badly for him in that he is limited on his activities.  He is missing out on his livelihood, and for a lot of men, feeling like they aren't providing for their family is a pretty big deal, not to mention how difficult it must be to come to terms with the limitations and seriousness of his condition.   

Why is Vicki trying to be the voice of reason now?  I don't want to see her being a fall-down drunk, but damn, she's gotten as boring as I am!  And for the love of all that's holy, please quit badgering Steve to marry you!  Just enjoy what you've got, and if the time is right, he'll ask you.  Who wants to marry somebody that they had to constantly nag to do so? 

1 hour ago, Chalby said:

Just his refusal to consider Emily's wish to have another daughter floors me. (It's not like he has to carry the baby and give birth.)  He does not give anyone an inch, nor the benefit of the doubt.

He has considered her wish (we've heard her mention it to him several times,) but she's not willing to accept that he doesn't want anymore children.  It doesn't matter that he doesn't have to carry or birth the child.  It would still be his child to take care of and raise (she talks about how much he does for their kids now,) so I can understand why he is done having babies in the house.  It's a tough situation, for sure.  Emily might want to try a different approach, because nagging him isn't working.  Maybe she should not say anything for awhile and see if he has a change of heart later on.  If not, she needs to either divorce him and have the baby on her own, or accept that she's not going to change his mind.  Having another girl so that her other daughter can have a friend isn't a good reason, IMO.  There will be an age difference, and there are no guarantees that the first daughter will want the relationship with a sister that Emily wants her to have.  Instead, maybe Emily should work towards having a fantastic mother/daughter bond with her existing child rather than create a "best friend" for her.   

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 20
45 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Kelly and Emily both have these natural expressions that look like they're smelling something foul.

Vicki's face looks like she belongs in a wax museum.  Looks like you could just chip away at it.  Horrible.

What was Shannon dressing for, an afternoon bridal shower?  And then her version of a "rocker"?  Um, 1995 wants its headband back.  Yeah, I get it, trying to look like Brette Michaels.  Hilarimous.  

Steve will never marry Vicki.  She'll (hopefully) have a prenup so iron-clad, it won't be worth his while.  But hey, as long as she keeps pretending to want wanting sex 4 times a day and is ok to do it without marriage, why would he leave?

You forgot the B.J.’s she so readily shouts out to the world.  Her kids and Steve’s Mother and kids must just love to hear that.  That’s a real pig talking.  She’s so stupid I wonder how she runs a business.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, ladle said:

Birth control clears up acne?  I have only ever had the opposite experience. 

I took it when I was Shannon’s daughter’s age for acne. (My doctor suggested it, and my mom didn’t freak out like Shannon.) I’m on it now, many years later. It’s the only thing that has ever cleared up my skin. I would still have acne at 40 without it. So, it works for some people. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I saw her on QVC recently,  maybe in the past few weeks.  I thought she looked great & did well on her presentation.  She had some new seafood items & they looked tasty for being lower calorie meals.

Even though I'm a QVC addict,  I don't pay much attention to their web site except to order.  There could be a schedule of when certain items appear. Shannon's was included in one of their Gourmet Foods segments when all they do is food for two hours.

Back to the party.....how much do these parties cost to cater ?  Also what do they pay the makeup people they have do their makeup before each function? I know the answer to that one - not enough. Lol.

Instead of putting out their money for basically useless things (ie, "the lady in the glass"), I wish they would donate the $$ to a charity or local soup kitchen.  

That was my favorite part of the whole show.  Vickie was explaining her facial surgery like she had had major brain surgery done.  Then there was the few second lull after her explanation when it dawned on the daughter &  her boyfriend that Vickie was waiting for a (positive) reply.   

Finally got to hear Shannon's daughter ask about birth control. They had it as a teaser at the beginning of the season & I've been waiting for the subject to come up. I do agree that would be something I wouldn't want to discuss on the show but it was funny seeing the younger sister's reaction.  It was like one minute they're discussing turkey burgers & the next minute  birth control.

Thanks Barb23.  I’ll go on the website and look for her.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, MinorL said:

I took it when I was Shannon’s daughter’s age for acne. (My doctor suggested it, and my mom didn’t freak out like Shannon.) I’m on it now, many years later. It’s the only thing that has ever cleared up my skin. I would still have acne at 40 without it. So, it works for some people. 

Same. I went from having fairly bad acne breakouts to clear, beautiful skin on bc in my 20s.  It was a miracle for me! 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

PHD. Why does Kelly always talk like a whore? I guess she’s desperate for airtime. 

When Kelly said that, I felt so embarrassed for her date. Why does she have to shock-talk all the time? Does she hope to take over Howard Stern's job? I wonder if she ever wants to kick herself after a comment like that. I've blurted inappropriate stuff before, in a poor attempt at humour, and I always wanted a big rock to crawl under shortly after. Does Kelly ever experience blurt remorse?

• Love 13
4 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Is Gina's casita in the garage behind her house or did she rent a little tiny apartment?  When the exterior is shown it looks like it's located in an apartment building.

It's attached to some house I believe, but definitely not Gina's.  She also described that other house as belonging to a friend.  I do think the casita is a separate room with entrance (off the pool) and not actually a converted garage,

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

fuck this casita dweller.  She’s an idiot with awful makeup.  And she lives in a damn garage.

I am late on this thread and just reading now but this gave me life. I am here all day everyday for Gina bashing

• Love 10
21 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Soooo bummed that I changed services and now see the west coast versus east coast feed :(

Anyway—All told, this episode was not that interesting so I paid attention to the micro-level interactions, like:

* Archie looking longingly at the diet burgers and saying “mama, no burger for me?” with his sweet little face

* Shannon’s two daughters sniggering when the third said she wanted birth control “for her acne”. Plus Shannon reacting like “good for them” when that daughter said allll her other friends are taking it “for acne”

* The women defining femme fatale as “trashy old hookers with whips and chains” like huh??? And then showing up as a total mishmash of who knows what. Ladies, how hard is it to do a google image search for “femme fatale”? Right away you’ll see a million black and white glamour shots that exemplify the term... geez

* How many times did that makeup artist have to use that Beautyblender under Tamra’s left eye?

* Shane looking SO disconnected when he was greeting his family 

* After all the buildup, Emily’s mom seeming pretty nice and looking like she’s trying to do well. I know we can’t judge from 10 minutes on TV but I’m with the rest of you who think Emily needs to lay off. 

* Vicki, on the burlesque-ish lady in the champagne glass: “there’s a lady in a bowl! Does she know she’s in a bowl?”

* Gina is a terrible liar and is uninteresting. I don’t need to see her—or hear her—next year. She also needs to learn that you don’t match your eye shadow to your shirt.

* Emily is far more savvy than Gina in how she handled Shannon. 

* I actually liked Shannon’s party outfit—Inthink it fit pretty well—but maybe the issue was it was a lot of white with a large print? 

* Finally—WHY is Reunion part I on Sunday? I HATE the way Bravo juggles their schedule around. 

Oh yaaaasssss.  They know how to look pathetic and like they're trying hard.  But only when they've already been cut off by everyone.  Before that?  Not so much.

Edited by Anne Thrax
31 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Oh yaaaasssss.  They know how to look pathetic and like they're trying hard.  But only when they've already been cut off by everyone.  Before that?  Not so much.

That’s what can be challenging as a viewer on something like this—we have no idea what Emily has really been through with her mom. And of course mom may be aware enough to know how to draw sympathy to herself. But I guess the same could be said for Emily, then... couldn’t she have had her mom show up AFTER they were done filming for the season? Or at least hold off on the negative comments on camera? She just made herself look kind of bad.

Anyway I bet we’ll see Emily but not Gina next season. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'm thinking that given the seriousness of Eddie's health condition, he probably realizes that all of these women aren't worth a minute of his concern.  He's probably looking at all of them and thinking to himself "Bitch, you think you've got problems?"   I feel badly for him in that he is limited on his activities.  He is missing out on his livelihood, and for a lot of men, feeling like they aren't providing for their family is a pretty big deal, not to mention how difficult it must be to come to terms with the limitations and seriousness of his condition.   

I've been thinking the same thing. You can see it in the bleakness of his outlook and facial expression. Now he has to summon immense energy just to smile and make brief small talk for the cameras. Not too long ago, it was so easy for him to dismiss these chattering ladies with a smile and a silly grin when he knew he'd soon be hitting the nearby hills for a few hours of endurance yamming on his fancy racing bike, leaving the goddam OC completely behind. No more. Now he walks around a middle-aged invalid, with his speeding pulse and that jumping fish sensation arrhythmia in his chest constant reminders of his own fragile mortality. No wonder he sighed so deeply when Shannon started complaining that no one was fair to her on the drive over to the ho party. If she has any real clue of the hell he's going through, she sure doesn't convey it.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

I read this last week on a couple of websites.  Not sure if true or not.  

Hide contents

And this.....

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

My favorite book and movie with Keira Knightley.  The scene where she runs from the church in the rain and he tells her he loves her.  Swoon.  Think I’ll watch it tonight.

A&E version all the way.   Colin Firth IS Mr. Darcy. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Is Gina's casita in the garage behind her house or did she rent a little tiny apartment?  When the exterior is shown it looks like it's located in an apartment building.

The casitas I’ve seen have been at the front of the house, but separate structures connected by sidewalk or terrace to the main house.

13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Okay, I loved Shannon’s outfit. I thought she looked classy, not femme fatale but the only one who came even near the concept was Kelly. However, I don’t think Hillary would have worn it to brunch - it’s not a pantsuit. 😜😜

I thought it was a gorgeous, elegant outfit but it could not have been any more off-theme!

• Love 8
15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I hate to do this to you, but, for the sake of posterity, I have to mention it was the season 4 finale that Gretchen got the pink motorcycle, and all the other stuff that happened was season 5 (Jeff was dead by then). But I agree 1000% that those were two of the best seasons in all of Housewives

history, and I would trade entire franchises (you hear me, Beverly Hillls?) to get those times back. 

I do stand corrected.  Thanks so much!

Those times just seemed sooo much more authentic than what we've got now.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

But I agree 1000% that those were two of the best seasons in all of Housewives history, and I would trade entire franchises (you hear me, Beverly Hillls?) to get those times back. 

I'd drink a whole case of OC Energy to get those times back. 

ETA: Fixed attribution.  :)

Edited by ladle
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, ladle said:

I'd drink a whole case of OC Energy to get those times back. 

19 MINUTES AGO, TEAPOT SAID:

I would trade entire franchises (you hear me, Beverly Hillls?) to get those times back. 

must give credit its due, I didn't say that, @LibertarianSlut did!  

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

To me, the interaction didn't seem authentic, it seemed scripted.   

Maybe. I was just responding to the question/doubt that bc clears up acne, not the authenticity of the interaction. 

• Love 2

Just watched the episode and I can only think of three things
1.  Archie sighting. 

2.  Pary (is that how you spell it) was the only one that understood how a "femme fatale" dresses. 

3.  I felt sorry for Emily's mom.  I hope she is able to continue her healing.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

My theory is that Emily's Femme Fatale party was NOT originally intended to be the season finale "event," hence the reason that Shannon was double booked to go to the concert. That wasn't really a family-friendly party and it seemed like only the Housewives brought extra guests with them -- everyone else arriving were just women by themselves.  I think something got screwed up and another big event didn't transpire, hence the producers deciding to jam together Emily's dumb Femme Fatale party with the RH + family event that usually ends the season, i.e. Tamra's baptism, Shannon's rental housewarming and Meghan's candle party (the last three seasons).   

Interesting theory. Maybe they were ALL supposed to go to the concert?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Interesting theory. Maybe they were ALL supposed to go to the concert?

I think it's more likely that another event was supposed to take place altogether, likely hosted by one of the more established Housewives -- maybe Kelly?  A housewarming, a party for Jolie's theater debut, who knows.  Something that would have made sense to have extended families at.  Maybe even just a Mother's Day brunch?  The random Femme Fatale-themed party just struck me as a very strange finale event where everyone's families showed up!  

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

I think it's more likely that another event was supposed to take place altogether, likely hosted by one of the more established Housewives -- maybe Kelly?  A housewarming, a party for Jolie's theater debut, who knows.  Something that would have made sense to have extended families at.  Maybe even just a Mother's Day brunch?  The random Femme Fatale-themed party just struck me as a very strange finale event where everyone's families showed up!  

Though I could see them trying to get them all to Poison (it became a thing with Shannon... Bret-Shan, that is)—but maybe the venue or music rights got out of hand. THAT’S my dream finale. Though with this crowd, they would have shown up dressed for the opera or something equally off theme.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 5
On 11/20/2018 at 11:31 AM, noveltylibrary said:

I'm in the minority.  Listen, I'll jump on any chance to rank on Emily since I don't like her, but I don't know her experience growing up.  She's obviously protecting herself.  And if a bond was never made (that's on the mother, always) how do you form one so easily in adulthood?

With compassion and love for the woman who gave birth to you. Maybe some empathy, too. 

• Love 10
On 11/19/2018 at 11:14 PM, ivygirl said:

* Vicki, on the burlesque-ish lady in the champagne glass: “there’s a lady in a bowl! Does she know she’s in a bowl?”

I'm surprised she didn't go over and lecture her on the career benefits of peddling insurance instead of just being a lady in a bowl.

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Worse than that...she'd be living in a *gasp* condo!

The sheer horror of contemplating that. I still think it could even be worse (in her eyes)...she might need to live with her mother because she might not have all the money needed for child care. 

IRL, I think that the difficulty of her childhood would never allow her to share a home with her mother and expose her children. 

• Love 5
On 11/19/2018 at 10:02 PM, ezzy4 said:

Oh.Dear.LORD...let's retire the "Vicki wants to get married" storyline.  It is the most boring thing EVER!

Why am I not remembering her pressuring Brooks to marry her the way she's been going at Steve?

Anyone else notice how Vicki has tried to change her personality?

She doesn't whoop it up anymore, pretends she doesn't drink as much.

Steve has bought the crappiest gifts for Vicki - they are Steve-centric not anything she'd buy or want for herself ever - first was the GUN her bought her their first year together, then a motorcycle henley for year two.

I doubt she will ever convince Steve to marry her, but I am seeing golf clubs as Vicki's next birthday gift if they make it to year three.

• Love 12
19 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

As someone who's lived nearly four decades with someone who suffers from serious mental disorders, in Emily's defense let me just say that with Thanksgiving around the corner, we're expecting our mentally ill family member to be present. 

Everyone there will be aware of how very many of our holidays, get togethers, parties, etc. have been ruined by this person's nasty words or irrational behavior -- how many times someone (likely one or more of the non-mentally ill members) winds up angry or in tears.  As much as we wish it wasn't that way, lots of bitter experience colors the attitude with which the others respond to that family member.

At holiday time we all have love in our hearts for our families and nurture hopes that our celebrations and festivities result in good memories.  When you have a mentally ill family member, there is also trepidation in our hearts.  Sometimes it shows.

And yes it's sad that these people are apprehensive about getting treatment, but what's sadder is due to that mentally ill person's selfish decision not to seek treatment or keep taking their medication, many other non-mentally ill people end up suffering too.

I hope your holiday goes as smoothly as possible! 

I know Emily has suffered due to her mothers suffering.  Out of respect for her mother she should have never had her on the show.  Her life as a child is part of her narrative however, her mother isn't a cast member and her mental health may be in a precarious position since she is newly coming out of her situation.  I found it classless and mean.  She may hate her mothers behavior and illness but does she hate her mother?  If the answer is no, let her heal without being on this show.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Why am I not remembering her pressuring Brooks to marry her the way she's been going at Steve?

Anyone else notice how Vicki has tried to change her personality?

She doesn't whoop it up anymore, pretends she doesn't drink as much.

Steve has bought the crappiest gifts for Vicki - they are Steve-centric not anything she'd buy or want for herself ever - first was the GUN her bought her their first year together, then a motorcycle henley for year two.

I doubt she will ever convince Steve to marry her, but I am seeing golf clubs as Vicki's next birthday gift if they make it to year three.

I think that he’s aware that she feels she needs a man, because she couldn’t stand the thought of being portrayed as a single old cow with no prospects. She just can’t stand being alone. He’s using her and she’s changing...trying to be good enough for him to actually want her. Doubt it will ever happen. 

• Love 8
On 11/19/2018 at 10:09 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Best part of the show is hearing that Archie is still the man of the house. (As if anyone could take his place) 

Archie rocks!

Shannon or her daughters did create an Instagram account for Archie under archie.beador

• Love 22
On 11/19/2018 at 9:36 PM, Martinigirl said:

Hookers and church lady Shannon

Did Emily's mom ask Tamra if Eddie was her son?!? hahahahahahaha!!!

On 11/19/2018 at 10:48 PM, Bronzedog said:

Regarding Shannon, this whole season has seemed like a rerun of the first season she was on.  Everyone tried to make her seem crazy that year, too.  Especially Heather.

Tamra's entire persona has always been how sexy she thinks she is.  Being asked if Eddie is her son?  HAHAHAHA!

All the more reason to be Team Emily!

I'll take Pary and her pocketbook any day over Tamra

• Love 7

HouseAnimals of Orange County (don’t get technical as I’m from the East Coast)

Starring: 

Archie Beador

Bambi

Giggy 

Diamond and Rosé

Hanky and Panky.           Just to name a few, but we’d feel so good seeing them be happy and play. 

Treats for all my furry and feathered friends. 

• Love 15
21 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Vicki looked terrible and she REALLY needs to leave her pudding face alone.  I wonder what she would look like today had she done none of that nonsense to her noggin.

This was a few years back (obviously), but her sisters look just fine.  Kathy, Lisa, their mom, and Vicki 2015.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/vicki-a-tribute-to-my-mother

sisters.jpg

• Love 4
20 hours ago, A-Lo said:

I don't know, guys...if I was given a choice between attending a femme fatale party with those witches or staying home for the evening with my grandkids, it would be an easy choice! The grandkids would win every time.  And I don't even have any!

I don't understand why she has to leave her house just because her ex is visiting the kids for the weekend...can't he sleep on the couch? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

I don't understand why she has to leave her house just because her ex is visiting the kids for the weekend...can't he sleep on the couch? 

Something screwy going on there that she is not revealing.  Doesn’t seem like the normal breakup/divorce.  I’ve never heard of anyone getting a casita/garage to go to when the ex visited the kids, or having to leave the house.  Either she’s too accommodating or stupid.  He should be taking the kids out to the zoo, movie, etc. in the day, then going to a motel or sleeping on the couch as you said.  He can’t sleep on the couch, but he can have sex with her?  WTF ?

• Love 15