Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Femme Finale

• Start Topic

Soooo bummed that I changed services and now see the west coast versus east coast feed :(

Anyway—All told, this episode was not that interesting so I paid attention to the micro-level interactions, like:

* Archie looking longingly at the diet burgers and saying “mama, no burger for me?” with his sweet little face

* Shannon’s two daughters sniggering when the third said she wanted birth control “for her acne”. Plus Shannon reacting like “good for them” when that daughter said allll her other friends are taking it “for acne”

* The women defining femme fatale as “trashy old hookers with whips and chains” like huh??? And then showing up as a total mishmash of who knows what. Ladies, how hard is it to do a google image search for “femme fatale”? Right away you’ll see a million black and white glamour shots that exemplify the term... geez

* How many times did that makeup artist have to use that Beautyblender under Tamra’s left eye?

* Shane looking SO disconnected when he was greeting his family 

* After all the buildup, Emily’s mom seeming pretty nice and looking like she’s trying to do well. I know we can’t judge from 10 minutes on TV but I’m with the rest of you who think Emily needs to lay off. 

* Vicki, on the burlesque-ish lady in the champagne glass: “there’s a lady in a bowl! Does she know she’s in a bowl?”

* Gina is a terrible liar and is uninteresting. I don’t need to see her—or hear her—next year. She also needs to learn that you don’t match your eye shadow to your shirt.

* Emily is far more savvy than Gina in how she handled Shannon. 

* I actually liked Shannon’s party outfit—Inthink it fit pretty well—but maybe the issue was it was a lot of white with a large print? 

* Finally—WHY is Reunion part I on Sunday? I HATE the way Bravo juggles their schedule around. 

• Love 20

Not that this episode was boring, but I was most concerned about the sex shop having a sign that said WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY CUSTOMER. That was kinda odd.

Also, I don't think Gina's gay friend wanted it said out loud on TV that he is a trust fund baby. He seemed more embarrassed about that than Kelly trying to make every conversation about her date's penis.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Gina tells Person A something and then turns around and denies it with Person B - all the time.  All the while telling us how truthful she is.  

Gina is a pathetic liar and acts like a some jr high schooler.   Constantly denies she said something when she is confronted.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Like others, I was disgusted by Emily's treatment of her mother. Honestly, Emily needs as much if not more help in the mental health department than her mother, who showed a lot of courage to be filmed in this episode. She showed more depth and character in the time we saw her than Emily has shown the whole season. Emily only cares about kissing up to her MIL so she doesn't end up living in a condo and driving a cheap car. And she seems spectacularly clueless as to what her mother has had to deal with over the years. Shallow. Shallow. Shallow. 

EXACTLY. 

So many people have commented on Emily's shabby treatment of her Mom, but it just blows my mind that she couldn't just welcome her and be kind and g;lad she was there.

Edited by MajorNelson
darn merging
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, endure said:

Pickle:
I was surprised at the end of the episode, when it said Tamra and Eddie had sold their home (the one they just bought) and had moved into vicki’s neighborhood.

Endure:
I was shocked too, it said they moved into a gated community and it does seem odd considering they are barely settled into their new place.  I am sure it will come up at the reunion.  I also thought Eddie didn't look that well.

Old house "haunted", new one in Coto and 900sqft bigger and more expensive

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/tamra-judge-buys-new-house-coto-de-casa/

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Is Eddie completely over everything Housewives-related at this point or does he just not give a shit about Shannon and her never-ending neuroses?

Someone posited in a previous episode thread that Eddie's new attitude towards Shannon is more about his friendship with David than it is about Shannon, and I think they are right..

56 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

* Finally—WHY is Reunion part I on Sunday? I HATE the way Bravo juggles their schedule around. 

Because Dirty John is premiering and they are comparing the Ickster's relationship with Brooks to that.  Speaking of the scammer and her men, I realize Steve is sketchy and Vicki sucks, but I kind of like him for her.  

Kelly shouldn't be talking about anyone being unstable.

Not leaving the house for a year sounds like a dream.  I'm not good enough at Postmates, Amazon Prime, etc. to achieve it.  

It amused me that Gina's son was calling the casita her little house.  I wonder if he couldn't remember the Spanish or just doesn't have time for that nonsense.  

• Love 11

A few tidbits:

All these Mom's at the party: Tamra's, Emily's, Shane's, Steve's..but not Gina's.  She has to watch the rugrats and try not to spill the beans about why Mom goes and lives in a small house sometimes.

Shannon always looks terrible w/o makeup.  Natural just doesn't work for her.

And I've always been impressed seeing Pary's home.  I was hoping it was on Newport Coast, though i couldn't see any ocean.   I found it and it is 10,000sqt with value of $6.4mil.  And turns out it's in south Laguna Niguel.

I looked up some other family members.  Found Shireen, living pretty close to Pary.  Her home is 4269sqft and and valued at 2.3M,  Shane and Emily are further north closer to the 73 and have a 3128 sqft home valued at 1.2M.

My final Shannon dig is on on her finale summary of "raising three girls on her own"...let's see....she filed for divorce in November and this was filmed in May, so to me 5-6 months is not exactly "raising" kids.  I think it's another example of the false world she lives in, patting herself on the back for fake accomplishments.   I suppose she wants to be applauded for having to to get up before Noon on some days, and gee-wiz pay a water bill sometimes.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Pickles said:

I was surprised at the end of the episode, when it said Tamra and Eddie had sold their home (the one they just bought) and had moved into vicki’s neighborhood.

Maybe they flipped it for the money - wonder if being on the show makes a house suddenly more valuable.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

We don’t want her back, you can keep her.  The way she moves her mouth when she talks and her bad posture really bug me.

How about the white highlighter as eyeshadow?  And the CASITA?  What do they call that in NY? An illegal efficiency?

im wondering why Vicki would expose her assets to risk.  Steve is a probable peril you insurance pro.  They’re pushing 60, no dependent children, and each has adequate income to live in at least modest comfort and security.  As a not wise woman would put it, a condo and a Jetta. 

3 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Not that this episode was boring, but I was most concerned about the sex shop having a sign that said WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY CUSTOMER. That was kinda odd.

Also, I don't think Gina's gay friend wanted it said out loud on TV that he is a trust fund baby. He seemed more embarrassed about that than Kelly trying to make every conversation about her date's penis.

They have to do that in order to toss out idiots who bring their kids in, or morons who demand to use the facilities to get off, smear poop on walls, or both.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I was hoping it was on Newport Coast,

My daughter will be in Newport in two weeks (first day of a new job will be flying to LA and going to Newport Beach for training, really? Why not me? LOL) and I gave her strict orders that in her down time out there that she must try and track a HW...I think it is a reasonable request.

How did Pary get her moola? That house looked like it should have it's own zip code!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Anyway—All told, this episode was not that interesting so I paid attention to the micro-level interactions

Me too.

I learned something from your post @ivygirl, Beautyblender which I am now Googling because I feel like I need it before I know what it is.

Vicki is nuts with that marriage talk, counseling, really?  I am surprised we did not hear tires screeching out of the driveway after she brought that up.

Shannon's coat and dress was nice but she looked so slim in the outfit she changed in to for the concert.

That gay guy that kept getting in all the scenes with Kelly, too funny, who was that? 

Gina and Emily jumping in the pool, hah! That stunt did not get them much more camera time like they hoped.  Gina would not put on her party outfit in front of her mother but she will wear it on TV, yes that makes sense.  

I guess we will here the word "casita" a lot at the reunion.  That casita will be holding an orange next season.

I can't even think of any hard ball questions I would want Andy to ask, this season was quick and none to exciting.

• Love 10

In keeping with tradition this season, I fell asleep during the finale.  You know when the best part is Eddie being taken for Tamra's son (which is pretty funny), the episode is boring AF.

Femme fatale?  In what world?  Maybe Emily should have said her party theme was classic Hollywood glamour or something.  In no way does femme fatale equal whips.  

Vicki's face does look good but I'm not quite buying her assertion that she won't do anymore.

Tamra is clearly afraid of Shannon.  She talks big when Shannon isn't around and then folds when Ms. Beador shows up.   Eddie is clearly over it. 

Why didn't Gina get a babysitter for the evening so her mom could attend the party? 

Shannon's eldest daughter talking on camera about wanting to go on birth control . . . when I was 16-ish, I would have been mortified to be talking about my cramps on a television show.  Honestly, I'm surprised Shannon was okay with that being filmed.  Unless, of course, it's all b.s. and just guaranteed Shannon air time.

Emily did seem pretty indifferent about her mother's suffering; it seemed to be all about how Emily suffered. 

Kelly is Kelly but she should really consider that Jolie and Jolie's friends may be watching and lay off the PHD talk.

Frankly, I think I would rather have seen the Poison concert. 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

We don’t want her back, you can keep her.  The way she moves her mouth when she talks and her bad posture really bug me.

8 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Her posture drives me crazy!

Every single time IslandBoy walks by the television while I'm watching & Gina is on, he says, "That woman has the worst posture!"

• Love 4
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Maybe they flipped it for the money - wonder if being on the show makes a house suddenly more valuable.

They lost between $300,000 to $350,000 selling their old home! But Tamra didn't want to live there anymore because after moving in Eddie's heart problems began, the dog got cancer & her guinea pig died...

Edited by IslandGirl
Because spelling matters!
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Speaking of the scammer and her men, I realize Steve is sketchy and Vicki sucks, but I kind of like him for her.  

Not leaving the house for a year sounds like a dream.  I'm not good enough at Postmates, Amazon Prime, etc. to achieve it.  

It amused me that Gina's son was calling the casita her little house.  I wonder if he couldn't remember the Spanish or just doesn't have time for that nonsense.  

I agree SketchySteve does seem good for IckiVicki.

I see Kelly more as having anger management issues than being unstable. Other than her short fuse, I actually think she's pretty stable!

LOL about not leaving the house sounding like a dream; if I go to the post office & the supermarket on the same day I have to take a nap!

I bet Gina's boy asked what Casita meant & someone told him it means little house. That was so sad...

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I’m fairly certain that Shannon didn’t formulate the ingredients for her products.  As with some of the Bethenny Frankel products, someone came to her with the opportunity and she’s partnered with them and she is the front person.

Overall I like Emily and I understand how hard it was for her growing up.  However, she stated her mother has a mental illness.  The things she is saying and the way her and her husband are acting makes me very sad for her mother.  It was not her choice to be ill.  There is still such a social stigma toward mental illness in 2018, as we’ve seen on this show.  I can understand why some people are apprehensive about seeking treatment and that’s sad.  

There is something “not right” about Emily.  Here she is crying about her frozen children that she still wants, and kissing up the ones she already has, but did she ever stop to think that her Mother is crying for HER?  Just because she had a rough childhood, as most of us might of had also, doesn’t mean she can’t be more attentive to her own Mother now.  She’s kissing up to her Mother in Law for $$$$, and not attentive to her own.  I don’t know her story, but that Mother seemed pretty nice and thrilled to be there in the midst of her grandchildren and Emily’s friends.  I’m not liking Emily too much now, and don’t know why they had to show this on the last episode as it doesn’t portray Emily as the nice person I thought she was.

• Love 23
10 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Poor Emily.... she deserved a WOW for her outfit too. Shane is such a little shit.

Ha, I can't blame Shane one bit.  He obviously loathes Emily as much as I do.  She is a huge hulking monster of a woman who has made snide age related remarks in every episode and which I've said before about her, she better look out because she is no spring chick.  Look, I get mother issues but the way she treated her own mother was contemptible especially contrasted with how she treats her mother in law (benefactress).  She sat there with her mom looking like something foul smelling had wafted in to her home.  I don't think she has any real loving relationships and it seems clear that her marriage with Shane is purely an arrangement and one he seems to regret more and more with every encounter.  I won't speculate on what he takes away from it, clearly Emily is freed from a life of condos and Jettas and can spend her time arranging tacky tablescapes and stupid parties that have nothing to do with the theme...not a femme fatale to be seen last night!

Whoever upthread said Gina was a sniper from the side was dead on!!! Gobble Wobble....I died.  She is definitely NOT the "NICE" messenger she claims, she is most certainly a pot stirrer who knows exactly what she's doing...she has grown on me since the beginning though for reasons unknown.

Kelly has been the most surprising for me this season, I went from absolutely loathing her to finding her sort of charming in a way I never thought possible.   IDK, that's all I got from this season!

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

So, they're all dressing like hookers for Mother's Day?

This finale was super choppy - I guess the editors didn't have much to work with.

Shannon leaves the party 1/2 hour in and most of the footage contains Shannon.

It was HOther's Day

• Love 8

I wonder if Shannon's daughter came up with that, "I need birth control for my cramps and acne" as a front? Maybe she's considering having sex, or already has? Shannon can't just clutch her pearls and dismiss the entire thing. I hope they had a more serious discussion off camera.

I'm sorry, but who wants to go to a party WITH moms, celebrating moms, and everyone is dressed like they're trying to seduce their husband??? That sounds super uncomfortable, to me. 

Although, it turned out being more tasteful than I imagined. Gina really played it up to her mom. Got mom to decline the invite, then wrangled her into babysitting. Nice. 

And the theme seemed to fall flat on Shane. He was very "meh" about seeing Emily all laced up in a corset. 

Gina needs to get called out at the reunion. She is trying to play both sides. And she's playing semantics games. I don't care if the words, "Tamra is talking crap about you" came out of her mouth or not. She knows what she meant, what she was doing. 

I thought it was super shitty of Tamra to compare Shannon to Simon. This is not a real friend. And she's clearly soured Eddie on Shannon as well. That limo ride was AWKWARD. Eddie - "Yea, I have met her. She comes to the GYM." (Implying YOU don't.)

Steve's daughter and boyfriend cracked me up with their reaction to Vicki's Frankenface. "It looks good!" You're not convincing anyone. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Gina and Emily jumping in the pool, hah! That stunt did not get them much more camera time like they hoped. 

This makes me laugh because my DVR recording l literally cut off as they were mid fall into the pool. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

This was the nail in the coffin for me wth Emily. I started out bit liking her. Then I grew to see her as really warm and down to earth. I sympathized with all she had been through - her childhood and pregnancy losses. But the way she used her mother in this episode disgusted me. And it's okay to have hurt and resentment over how you were raised. But then don't bring her on camera. She hyped the mother shit all season long, then brought a fragile, struggling woman on national tv for the grand finale. And made her feel like shit. It was deplorable. 

She studied at the Erika Jayne school of trashing your mom on TV and got a D-.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

It does. My sister started using it for her acne when she was a teen. 

Interesting!  When I used it as a teen, it was great for cramps and regulation but terrible for my face.  Way to go, modern science!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Emily doesn't really seem to grasp that her mother suffers from mental health issues.  She didn't just lose the past year to be a bitch or to inconvenience  Emily.  I get that mental illness affects the entire family, (I really do), but she needs to cut her mother some slack.   She could start by making her mother feel less judged when she's just arrived at the house.  

Using Mom's anxiety issues as a storyline is disgusting. AND last time I heard,they have planes in CA that go to Ohio. She can't take her kids to see her Mom?

This was the most boring season of any housewife show (that I watch) ever. These women have nothing going on that's worth watching. Nothing.

Sorry is this has been aid before. Haven't read board yet.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

A few tidbits:

My final Shannon dig is on on her finale summary of "raising three girls on her own"...let's see....she filed for divorce in November and this was filmed in May, so to me 5-6 months is not exactly "raising" kids.  I think it's another example of the false world she lives in, patting herself on the back for fake accomplishments.   I suppose she wants to be applauded for having to to get up before Noon on some days, and gee-wiz pay a water bill sometimes.

Yeah! Who is she to feel good about herself? Her THs should only be filled with self loathing and berating herself for being such a lazy loser, amirite? 

• Love 13

I don't think there will be another season of Orange Housewives surely?  This was a bore.

The only unpredictable HW is Vicki because she blurts out whatever pops into her tiny brain and it can be either funny or horrifying.  I'm sure she forgets there are cameras about.

Emily always looks like 'who just farted?' and Gina's attempts at shit-stirring are too obvious to be interesting.

None of them are even housewives, they're mostly single aren't they? Either bring in a whole new bunch or forget this franchise.  

• Love 6

That limo ride with Eddie and Shannon on opposite sides and Tamra in the middle was all kinds of awkward. Loved it. 

Tamra in her TH pointing out all the times she supported Shannon's stupidity says alot about all the resentment she harbors towards Shannon. Saying she didn't agree with Shannon's QVC line of frozen diet food but yeah, she supported her anyway! That was a deep diss right there! If those are not fighting words for Shannon I don't know what is.  I have to say Tamra has been honest about how she feels about Shannon all season long in her TH's. Basically, she loves Shannon but she has become a time consuming pain in the ass and Tamra is tired of it. Too bad Tamra can't muster the courage to tell her that to her face.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My daughter will be in Newport in two weeks (first day of a new job will be flying to LA and going to Newport Beach for training, really? Why not me? LOL) and I gave her strict orders that in her down time out there that she must try and track a HW...I think it is a reasonable request.

How did Pary get her moola? That house looked like it should have it's own zip code!

I haven't found much out about Pary's husband,  I figured first he was a lawyer but that didn't pan out.  I found he and Pary have a foundation which makes grants and last year they gave 4% of it.  Also found his prior home whcih was ALSO 10,000 sqft not far away, and slightly less value, but there are realor pics of and it was magnificent.

As far as tracking a HW, I can can give you a few hints, but most of them now in private gated communities, except Kelly and Shannon's old rental (though I haven't found her new digs yet).

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Do none of these women know what femme fatale actually means?

I was expecting to see more Mr. & Mrs. Smith Angelina Jolie and less screwing around in a sex store.

Thank you!  God they are so dumb.  I was thinking immediately I'd be Mrs. White from Clue.  She was a real femme fatale.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

This makes me laugh because my DVR recording l literally cut off as they were mid fall into the pool. 

Gina was wearing a short dress and the editors blurred her crotch from the rear so we don't know if she wore panties or not.  Anyone care to guess, lol?  It might have been her big gambit to save the orange (or lose it)!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Because Dirty John is premiering and they are comparing the Ickster's relationship with Brooks to that.  Speaking of the scammer and her men, I realize Steve is sketchy and Vicki sucks, but I kind of like him for her.  

That’s what I presume as well, but it still ticks me off. I wish they’d leave their schedule alone. I hate the way they bounce reunion episodes (especially) around. 

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I learned something from your post @ivygirl, Beautyblender which I am now Googling because I feel like I need it before I know what it is.

Ha! So glad my Sephora obsession could help ;)

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I wonder if Shannon's daughter came up with that, "I need birth control for my cramps and acne" as a front? Maybe she's considering having sex, or already has? Shannon can't just clutch her pearls and dismiss the entire thing. I hope they had a more serious discussion off camera.

I mean TECHNICALLY she could be saying something truthful, but I also wondered if she wanted to take it to fit in. Maybe some of her friends DO take it and she doesn’t want to be left out like a “kid”. I too hope she and Shannon have a very good conversation about this. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Yeah! Who is she to feel good about herself? Her THs should only be filled with self loathing and berating herself for being such a lazy loser, amirite? 

Well if you want Shannon, you can have her.  She's (almost) available (the divorce is not final).  But yes, honesty just might do something for her.   But as to her upward aim, great.  If she can make it without calling Tamra and Kelly daily as seems likely, then we can pronounce her cured of her neuroticism.  She'll be 100% good and not need anything to complain about.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

1. Tamra in her TH pointing out all the times she supported Shannon's stupidity says alot about all the resentment she harbors towards Shannon. Saying she didn't agree with Shannon's QVC line of frozen diet food but yeah, she supported her anyway! That was a deep diss right there! If those are not fighting words for Shannon I don't know what is. 

2. I have to say Tamra has been honest about how she feels about Shannon all season long in her TH's. Basically, she loves Shannon but she has become a time consuming pain in the ass and Tamra is tired of it. Too bad Tamra can't muster the courage to tell her that to her face.  

1.  I head that diss about the foodline also and my jaw dropped. Whoopsie.  But at-the-time she still supported Shannon, so Tamra has a cetain amount of compassion and goodwill there.

2. YES, why doesn't Tamra just be honest.  When they met ar the Farm House restaurant and she told Shannon she was a a bit of a pain to deal with and not a good friend, they "made nice" but imo the problem did not go away, not even 20%.  Shannon is just too self-centered and defensive (haha, "at this time" - ie maybe she will grow as a human in the next 5-10 years).

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I have lost a lot of respect for Emily for shaming her mother on national television for her mental illness. Yes, maybe you felt neglected as a child but you have a wonderful life now and you can’t get off your ass and go to see your mother when she can’t even get out of the house. Instead of being empathetic, you are treating her like shit. Her grandsons are 3 and this is the first time their seeing her? Hey you  had time to audition for this show and go to WWHL and all the various trips but have no time for your mother? Selfish.

I'm in the minority.  Listen, I'll jump on any chance to rank on Emily since I don't like her, but I don't know her experience growing up.  She's obviously protecting herself.  And if a bond was never made (that's on the mother, always) how do you form one so easily in adulthood?

• Love 9

I don't like Shannon for multiple reasons, but I will say that she doesn't seem to talk shit about people whom she considers to be her friends.  Even when the Crooks fiasco went down, she was loyal to Vicki for a long time until that became untenable.  The same, however, cannot be said for Tamra.  I just don't understand how Shannon can remain friends with her after watching these episodes!  If she does, there will be some bullshit about how Tamra apologized and won her trust back or about how blame goes both ways, but in reality it's 100% because she's worried about being on Tamra's bad side if there's another season. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, queenjen said:

Where did Vicki drive the fun bus this season?

Over a bridge with a shark underneath.

No stakes this season. No drama. Boooring.

Emily is like most people who love someone with a mental illness - she just doesn't understand it. She wants her mom to be "better." She wants her mom to "get over it" and show up for her. She doesn't grasp that such a wish is akin to wanting a person with a broken leg to run a 5k with you - and there's no timeline on the healing process.

Tamra has survived yet another season never being called out on her BS by the person upon which she perpetrated it. Wait til Shannon sees the brain dump Gina gave Tamra about all the things she 'could have said' - clever girl to list them all on camera. Hopefully Tamra has nowhere to hide now. She was never Shannon's friend, and I hope Shannon drops Tamra like the bag of dirt she is. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I’m just wondering .. did all these housewives have nannies, cleaning women cleaning their houses and maybe cooks?  If they did, they are not the majority of women growing up kids with no help.  They should not complain.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

Listen, I'll jump on any chance to rank on Emily since I don't like her, but I don't know her experience growing up.  She's obviously protecting herself.  And if a bond was never made (that's on the mother, always) how do you form one so easily in adulthood?

I'm with you to an extent.  She definitely needs to protect herself and be careful with expectations however considering her mother spent an entire year house-bound, flying out to California after 2 weeks of treatment is a huge deal.  Especially because she's now also putting herself on television where, at this point, she probably has no idea the extent to which her daughter's experiences with her have been shared. She is walking into this narrative that Emily created, including that she hadn't met her grandsons yet, which we know she had.  I just feel like maybe she could have done something more.  Like maybe have had a "welcome grandma" sign at the house or something. Emily's mom is clearly making an effort and I think that should have been acknowledged a little more. Otherwise why bother having her come at all except to be used as a prop?  

• Love 18