Type keyword(s) to search

Kristen Taekman: At Least She's Pretty

• Start Topic

US Weekly reports that Kristen isn't returning. Good for her for choosing not to be in the spotlight rehashing the Ashley Madison story.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kristen-taekman-leaving-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-20152610

I agree.  I'm glad she's not returning.  If it was her own decision, good for her.

Now watch her sign a deal to co-star with Brandi and Camille in some kind of "Spurned Housewives" spin off.

• Love 1

Bummer. She was one of my favorite housewives. I liked her age bracket, her kids stuff, her life in general. She just seemed so damn real. And I absolutely will miss how she vacations. Phooey. 

I hope she gets a new show with some other ladies who are at the same stage as she is in her life. Make it happen Andy, I will watch.

I was watching Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, the Julia episode, and they mentioned the housewives shows. And had a cute name for what they should have been called but I can't remember it. 

I would also watch Kristen in another show.......as long as Brandi is NOT in it though! LOL

• Love 2

Bummer. She was one of my favorite housewives. I liked her age bracket, her kids stuff, her life in general. She just seemed so damn real. And I absolutely will miss how she vacations. Phooey. 

I have a sneaking suspicion Beth was responsible for her not coming back (based on no concrete evidence other than B's dislike of Kristen, and the general power that B seems to wield over this show), although I think not coming back is probably the best thing for Kristen if she plans to work things out with that douchebag Josh. Marriages are tough enough without the scrutiny of a camera crew and a crafty editor. 

• Love 2

Congratulations Kristen and Heather...you've left the rat race! Wishing you both nothing but the best in life free from the public eye and forced drama created for Bravo Andy. Your decision will allow you both more time with your precious children. There's no price on protecting your children from the negativity the HW shows nourish!

kristen-taekman-heather-thomson.jpg

• Love 8

I always thought she was a poor fit in this franchise.  Not entirely her fault.  She's had more than enough unfortunate press as a result of being a cast member.  Hope she has better success in her future endeavors.

• Love 3

So here's my fun conspiracy theory regarding Kristen.

1. Last week Brandi said on her podcast that according to Kristen, one of the RHONY castmates had "visible cocaine residue" throughout filming.  She said that she had urged Kristen to out that castmate on camera, indicating that the cocaine user was someone Kristen was fighting with.
  2. Last season, Brandi said that Bethenny gave Kristen a hard time throughout filming, and that Brandi had advised her on how to fight back against Bethenny.  Brandi even said, very specifically, that she had given Kristen "comeback lines" to use on camera.  Sounds like a fit to me.
  3. I think Bethenny was the "visible cocaine residue" castmate - while I don't doubt that many of them are coke heads, Bethenny's frantic energy and intense skinniness are certainly possible indicators.  
  4. NO ONE from the cast commented on the rumors.  Kristen made a lame attempt to say "where are these rumors coming from?" but when people pointed out that they were coming directly from her friend's mouth, on tape, she went silent.
  5. After long speculation that she would be back this season to tell the Ashley Madison story, just a few days after the rumors came out, Kristen announced her decision not to return.

My conspiracy theory:  Bethenny was the cocaine user, and Bethenny made dam sure Kristen got fired for that remark.  We all know that RHONY is Bethenny's world now.  No non-Bethenny-lovers allowed.  And certainly no one who tattles on Bethenny's drug use to Brandi, the nuclear weapon of the housewives.

Look, I can't stand Brandi.  Her need to "out" every single housewife, from every franchise, over every rumor that she hears, is a genuine pathology and a sickness.  She's vile.  If I were Kristen, I would be livid.  But I also know - we all do - that Bethenny rules with an iron fist, and I think she used that incident to shut. Kristen. down.

P.S.  I know it has been leaked to the press this week (e.g. Page Six and others) that Sonja is the user.  Does Sonja use cocaine?  I suspect she does.  Is she a mess?  We all know she is.  But why would Brandi be encouraging Kristen to out Sonja on camera?  She wasn't in a feud with Sonja.  I think Bethenny threw Sonja to the wolves, planting Sonja's name with the press to make people think the mystery had been solved (because it's an obvious answer), and shutting down speculation before it could get to her.  Bethenny is very smart.  Although, it must be nice to have Andy Cohen on your side. 

Edited by ottergirl
  • Love 4

If one of them was using cocaine, Sonja does seem like the obvious answer. As to why would Brandi encourage Kristin to out the HW when it's not Bethenny? Because Brandi is a lowlife dirty, dirty fame whore who fights dirty. She would do it for the fame and the golden apple. It wouldn't matter if the housewife in question was her bff. Actually I don't think there is much Brandi wouldn't do for fame.

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 4

If Bethenny is using anything, it's off label Adderall. It's a stimulant. It would help Bethenny to keep her motor mouth going and it helps keep weight off. It is also frequently abused celebrity circles.

I'm glad Kristen didn't go the Brandi route. Kristen might be boring, but she's an overall decent person.

• Love 7

OK, so this is how Kristen is spinning now why she "left" the show-

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/12/23/kristen-taekman-reveals-why-left-rhony/

Um, no, Kristen dear.  First off, did Kristen leave or was she not asked back?  Top dawg Bethenny wasn't especially thrilled with Kristen.  So I wouldn't be surprised if she just didn't want her back.  And since Satan Andy seems so terrified of Bethenny, whatever she says goes on this thing, now that it will be The Bethenny Show.  The explanation of why Kristen isn't back could be as simple as this.

OR it could be that asswipe/douchebag Joshie-poo ordered Kristen not to go back, knowing she'd get grilled mercilessly, probably by Moaner or Lu or even Bethenny, about Joshie-poo's participation with Ashley Madison.  Typical of Joshie-poo that he "apologizes" to his friends & family for subscribing to Ashley Madison, but NOT specifically to his wife.  Oy, douchebag to the end.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1
OR it could be that asswipe/douchebag Joshie-poo ordered Kristen not to go back, knowing she'd get grilled mercilessly, probably by Moaner or Lu or even Bethenny, about Joshie-poo's participation with Ashley Madison.  Typical of Joshie-poo that he "apologizes" to his friends & family for subscribing to Ashley Madison, but NOT specifically to his wife.  Oy, douchebag to the end.

Nah, I think Josh would want her to go back, because they need the money.  Even a dumpy apartment in NY is very expensive if it is in the right location.  This show also brings in publicity for his crappy energy drink.  Also, a fake apologetic Josh crying to the cameras about how sorry he is probably would help P.R. as well. 

Bethany just did not like Kristin and that means she is toast.  Plus the Ashly Madison thing has died down and people no longer care that she will never leave her nasty husband. 

• Love 1

OK, so this is how Kristen is spinning now why she "left" the show-

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/12/23/kristen-taekman-reveals-why-left-rhony/

Um, no, Kristen dear.  First off, did Kristen leave or was she not asked back?  Top dawg Bethenny wasn't especially thrilled with Kristen.  So I wouldn't be surprised if she just didn't want her back.  And since Satan Andy seems so terrified of Bethenny, whatever she says goes on this thing, now that it will be The Bethenny Show.  The explanation of why Kristen isn't back could be as simple as this.

OR it could be that asswipe/douchebag Joshie-poo ordered Kristen not to go back, knowing she'd get grilled mercilessly, probably by Moaner or Lu or even Bethenny, about Joshie-poo's participation with Ashley Madison.  Typical of Joshie-poo that he "apologizes" to his friends & family for subscribing to Ashley Madison, but NOT specifically to his wife.  Oy, douchebag to the end.

Not that stupid necklace again!!! A different color, but it's still big stupid plastic shit. Josh is probably still wearing hats to cover up his bald spot...happy I don't have to see or hear him again. I liked Kristen, not her worse half.

Joshie-poo was wearing those hats to cover up the hair plugs, while they were growing in.  This is what he looks like with the plugs-

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/josh-taekman-apologizes-after-ashley-madison-leak

Not exactly an improvement, especially when matched with a crap dye job, dumbo ears & deep old-dude crows feet.  You know, I could take all that, & even the shitty-looking plugs, but his douchebag personality?  No way.  If Kristen wants that, good luck to her & God Bless.

• Love 2

I actually will miss Kristen.  She gave some balance to the ass kissing of Bethenny.  So did Heather.  The show needs this.  But the reality is that it's no longer the RHNY.  It's Bethenny Starting Over and no one left is going to go up against Beth in a any real way.  It's amazing to me that TPTB really believe that this is what viewers want.  There's a reason why Beth's talk show failed and the past season's ratings were down.....despite bringing back their so called  savior. 

• Love 6

Kristen is so pretty, but she and Josh do not make a good looking couple.  They really do not compliment each other physically.  Their is a science fiction series called the Expanse (now a show on Syfy) where they have generations of human beings growing up in very little gravity.  The low gravity makes these humans extremely tall and skinny, so they look very different from regular earthlings.  This is what Josh and Kristen look like in that picture (particularly Josh).  Anyway, I hope that energy drink of his does well as they are no longer going to have her HW income to support the household.

I will miss Kristen, she was a good balance.  I won't miss Heather- I think she's gone too, right???

Heather quit before any announcements were made.  She hinted at it for a while and all I can say is good for her.  I liked Heather a lot and I did like the balance Kristen gave to the show. 

It will be interesting how Dorinda comes off in her second season.  I gave her excuses earlier in this season but then the 'real' Dorinda started to come out and it's not someone  I like at all.

• Love 4

I hope that energy drink of his does well as they are no longer going to have her HW income to support the household

Well, between the two of them, they are worth an estimated $20 to 40 million, so I doubt they'll be downsizing any time soon. Unless they end up getting a divorce and have to divvy up their money and assets.

If the net worth is coming from a celebrity net worth site, then those places are known to exaggerate worth extensively.  One of the RH's commented she had money, but nothing near what the websites are claiming.  Also, I do not know why they would be renting instead of just buying their apartment if they are worth that much.

I could be wrong...maybe E-boost is doing amazingly well or they both come from rich families.  Anyway, I wish Kristen the best (not so much Josh). Good for her if her finances do not have to depend on this silly show.

• Love 2

Heather quit before any announcements were made.  She hinted at it for a while and all I can say is good for her.  I liked Heather a lot and I did like the balance Kristen gave to the show. 

It will be interesting how Dorinda comes off in her second season.  I gave her excuses earlier in this season but then the 'real' Dorinda started to come out and it's not someone  I like at all.

I'm really curious to see who is fighting next year, with both heather and Kristen gone. Bethenny always needs an enemy.

• Love 4

If the net worth is coming from a celebrity net worth site, then those places are known to exaggerate worth extensively.  One of the RH's commented she had money, but nothing near what the websites are claiming.  Also, I do not know why they would be renting instead of just buying their apartment if they are worth that much.

Oh, I am aware of that...I looked at a bunch of different sites, and $20m seems to be one of the more conservative estimates. Of course there could be exaggeration, but from what I've seen, I don't think they're that dependent on the RH salary. They might appreciate the advertising and free marketing and PP they get (I'm sure all the RH do).

(edited)

For anyone in the Burlington, MA area, get yourself to Marshall's if you want discounted eboost!

I got a two-pack of energy shots (2 oz. each) for $2.99. Original retail: $4.99. The berry melon flavor has an initial cough syrup taste, but I've got to say, it did give me sustained energy.

It took me a moment to make the Josh connection when I saw the stuff, but then I laughed. Josh Taekman's life's work on a shelf at Marshalls! Then again, I've seen Skinnygirl products in places like Job Lot.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1

I'm really curious to see who is fighting next year, with both heather and Kristen gone. Bethenny always needs an enemy.

Yeah, I'll be curious to see who Hurricane Bethenny goes after this season. Sometimes I'm okay with her unleashing her "furry" (TM Gretchen Rossi) on the other HWs (Jill, Kelly, and at times Ramona and Lu), but other times it's just been one big WTF (Heather, Kristen).

It's anyone's guess, but from the sounds of it, Carole gets spared the wrath, and we've already heard/seen B going after Sonja (for Tipsy Girl), Luann (her digs about the new fiance), Dorinda (going after John in the previews). Luann's already been called out plenty of times, Sonja's a lost cause. Dorinda annoyed me last season when she drank, and how she kept trying to suck up to Bethenny during the reunion, so I'm all in favor of her getting some of bulldog Bethenny.

• Love 1

Is Kristen divorced yet?  I'm glad she's gone.  She didn't bring much, and watching her married to that complete asshole was depressing.

Last thing I read that she was sticking with the creep even after he had a Ashley Madison account. He was a complete prick to her. She deserves so much better.

• Love 2

I didn't like how Heather inserted herself into the Ashley Madison thing. She was quoted saying there was no way Josh would do anything like that, it would have been some "frat boy" kinda joke with his friends and so she's sure him and Kristen will get everything ironed out. I know she's friends with both of them but if I found out my partner was signed up to a cheating website, I'm not sure I'd want my friend weighing in on it and telling everyone it's not even an issue. Kristen gets to decide whether it's an issue or not. It seems he used the site multiple times and spent a fair amount of money on it, once even on Christmas day. No matter how Kristen wanted to deal with it, it's not Heather's place to declare anything about the situation. It's not her marriage. I get that she was trying to be supportive of the two of them, but she has no idea how she'd feel in Kristen's shoes.

• Love 3

Maybe Heather is repeating the affirmations that Kristen has given her about the status of her marriage to Josh. However, it's not Heather's place to unequivocally denounce any possibility of truth in the Ashley Madison scandal. Even Kristen can't do so but as the spouse, it's understandable for her to speak out in defense of her husband. Heather has no place to do so, especially since the only person who knows the truth is Josh and possibly any woman he may have met from the site (if he in fact is the guy registered on the site and communicating with female members).

• Love 2

Honestly, the way he treated her, would anyone be even slightly surprised that he cheats on her?

I feel sorry for her too.  She was boring, but her only previous job was as a model, she's got little kids, and she seems kind of stuck.

• Love 1

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

So I'm on my first RHONY watch. I'm on episode 4 of s8. I was so happy when bethanny left earlier. I was happy to see Carole as I adore jfk jr and had read her book, so was happy to see she was smart and good. I found Luaun and Sonja hilarious. Ramona just seems evil at most times. I enjoyed Heather's toughness and smarts. Over s6, I began to like Kristen more and more. I was surprised to see a lot of dislike for her here but I get from a reality TV perspective she wouldn't be a main talking point. Ironically that's what I loved about her. She was normal, she reacted to these outrageous women as most normal folk would. She came across as a good mother and sadly a pushover wife who had been beaten down by josh, who basically saw her as a beautiful possession. I think she believes she's not worth anything. 

Despite her looks, I feel she's insecure and anxious with little self esteem. I get it because I've always felt like I've wanted to speak my mind, take a stand but I shirk with bigger personalities and confrontation frightens me. Watch these girls trips on the show gets me anxious watching them so I can't imagine actually being with them. Especially vicious people like ramona and sonja. Heather was her safety pad and she took it out on her like a child I.e "be my friend more! Be on my side etc" I like how heather got that in the end.

She was unintentionally hilarious sometimes. But the most important, she's a good, nice person who is smart and led with her heart. Her vulnerability was touching and she didn't do anything to hurt anyone although she was a easy target for the nasty bullies. I found myself agreeing more with her observations. I just find it unfair how Kristen got piled on for the smallest things by the housewives but others comments/behaviours were accepted. Sadly that's the way it is. The meeker ones will get bulldozed over and ignored. 

The marriage scenes were ridiculous. Josh is such a dickhead. I think she got married young to a successful man who wooed her and gave her everything she wanted. She was trying to navigate that perfect housewife role of dutiful wife and mother but was left treated badly by an emotionally available douche.  Love and be loved seemed to be her way. I hated how he whines she doesn't cook ( we're not in the olden days anymore josh ffs!) And then when she tries, he shows up late and complains and demeans her. Her begging for his affection was rough to watch.

Maybe I'm the wrong viewer for these type of shows because sometimes I want a respite from the big villian characters and just want to see someone nice lol. I get overly sensitive and invested. I loved her friendship with Heather and carole. They were like the nice normal ones and then lu and her became friends too. And then enter bethanny.

I hate bethanny and I'm not ashamed to use the word contempt. Shes the exact kind of person I hate and I knew exactly how she was going to intimidate kristen. There's not 5 minutes that goes by where I don't want bethanny to shut the fuck and want to counter argue. Shes a law unto herself and its one rule for her and another for everyone else. The world and everyone in it must work according to how b wants it. I want a epic smackdown and cancellation of bethanny. 

The subtle school girl exclusion and putting down of kristen due to her made me feel really sad. For people here and viewers, its cringe tv but like I said before, kristen is insecure and I feel was overwhelmed by bethanny and bethanny and carole played with it. Carole unintentionally. For me I wanted Kristen to stand up to her and not give a shit. I loved it when she told her what makes you think I want to be your friend. You might roll your eyes but I really think a lot of it was jealousy for kristen. I mean I'm a straight female but my head would stop and turn to stare at kristen if I ever saw her.

I was rooting for her to find her passion and what she wants to to do. Josh clearly believes she's good for nothing expect mothering and blow jobs. All the other women have their "thing" and she wanted more from her life. I applaud that hustle. I relate to it. Trying to do something in life and not having enough faith in yourself or how to start when other do it and then rub it in your face. My heart broke and I wish she got more support. I got it when she cried at the charity event because it was something she did for a good cause. Its sad that bethanny and her husband and I'm sure others made her feel like she's useless. Her charity work and the way she speaks to people speaks volumes about her character more than bethanny, ramona and sonja.

I know carole and bethanny fall out in later seasons but I'm really disliking how up bethannys arse carole got. I can feel bethanny bad vibes emanating from carole. Its awful. I wish Heather, carole, kristen and lu could've remained friends.

The s6 cast was perfect. Aviva was nice and had good moments but even her crazy could be funny and not overlty cruel. 

What I do side eye is her friendship with brandi  although I don't believe brandi is her friend. She'd throw her under the bus if she had a chance. I wish she wasn't friends with her lol. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7