Type keyword(s) to search

Kristen Taekman: At Least She's Pretty

• Start Topic

There's no proof that I can find that Kris had an endorsement deal with Bella products.  All I could find is this from her website.  She mentions many different products she uses on her website.  Does that mean she gets paid for all of them?  I don't think so.  This also came up last year because she had some of their products in her kitchen but IIRC she never mentioned them on the show.

http://www.kristencarrolltaekman.com/bella/

Thanks for the link. I had never looked at her blog before. I like that she is taking her strength - her love of fashion and beauty - and doing something with it. It is such a nice, natural fit for her. I have been paying attention to her Twitter feed over the last couple of months and I love how she answers questions about her clothes and make-up, helping people learn where they can find all the stuff. It reminds me of Kyle, who is very good about giving folks that ask information on sunglasses, makeup, jewelry, etc. I remember when Yo wore a killer pair of eyeglasses a few seasons ago and everyone wanted to know where to find them and she was radio silent. I think she might have eventually shared the secret, but it seemed like she wanted to keep the look to herself.

• Love 9

There's no proof that I can find that Kris had an endorsement deal with Bella products.  All I could find is this from her website.  She mentions many different products she uses on her website.  Does that mean she gets paid for all of them?  I don't think so.  This also came up last year because she had some of their products in her kitchen but IIRC she never mentioned them on the show.

http://www.kristencarrolltaekman.com/bella/

She probably did mention them on film, we just didn't see it. She's (and Josh probably more so) trying to figure out a way to monetize her RH gig. I don't blame any of the RH for that. It's one of the perks for selling your soul to Bravo. Let's face it, Bethenny set the bar high for winning the game. The riches don't just pour for the RH, they need a niche that resonates with their viewers. Bethenny hustled and worked hard, but she was also lucky. She was at the right place at the right time.

I like Kristin and I hope she finds success whether or not she stays with Dickhead. I think she is too nice to be one of Andy's housewives. The type has become very apparent. Sad.

• Love 7

Thanks for the link. I had never looked at her blog before. I like that she is taking her strength - her love of fashion and beauty - and doing something with it. It is such a nice, natural fit for her. I have been paying attention to her Twitter feed over the last couple of months and I love how she answers questions about her clothes and make-up, helping people learn where they can find all the stuff. It reminds me of Kyle, who is very good about giving folks that ask information on sunglasses, makeup, jewelry, etc. I remember when Yo wore a killer pair of eyeglasses a few seasons ago and everyone wanted to know where to find them and she was radio silent. I think she might have eventually shared the secret, but it seemed like she wanted to keep the look to herself.

I had read that some who have blogs may get free products to talk about. I'm not saying that's what Kristen is doing, but maybe?

• Love 1

Thank you! I checked Amazon too because I knew I'd seen one.  Posters were repeating the horror of stupid Kristen mentioning an oven that didn't exist. Good thing she's pretty...

When the story came out last year Kristen provided a link and the Bella site had no toaster ovens.  Since that time Bella has added toaster ovens to their website and Kristen no longer has a link.  I am not saying the two are connected.  To me, Kristen needs to work on her endorsement persona-didn't the agency guy tell her the future was in television in Minneapolis or something?

Kristen also use to be the primary model for Fresh Produce, sadly she no is no longer featured in their ads (as of 20 minutes ago the last time I checked).  She was probably 200% better than the current crew of models.  I have often wondered if her model fees went way up because of being on RHONYC or if she feels more like she is endorsing than modeling these days.  In other words when she models, her profession, the client also gets the bonus of having a TV personality without having to pay for the same.  So as a print model I think she is great, as a talking model I think she needs work.  I know I am going to hear she is the most gifted spokesmodel ever but I think her spiel needs work. 

When the story came out last year Kristen provided a link and the Bella site had no toaster ovens.  Since that time Bella has added toaster ovens to their website and Kristen no longer has a link.  I am not saying the two are connected.  To me, Kristen needs to work on her endorsement persona-didn't the agency guy tell her the future was in television in Minneapolis or something?

Kristen also use to be the primary model for Fresh Produce, sadly she no is no longer featured in their ads (as of 20 minutes ago the last time I checked).  She was probably 200% better than the current crew of models.  I have often wondered if her model fees went way up because of being on RHONYC or if she feels more like she is endorsing than modeling these days.  In other words when she models, her profession, the client also gets the bonus of having a TV personality without having to pay for the same.  So as a print model I think she is great, as a talking model I think she needs work.  I know I am going to hear she is the most gifted spokesmodel ever but I think her spiel needs work.

I am not sure if she is a gifted model at all - spokesmodel or print. I do know that she is beautiful and has great style, but those qualities are not that hard to come by, especially in NY.

I think the whole point is that Kristen is trying to find something for herself outside the world of modeling. She heard that guy last year who told her if she wanted to continue to model and make any real money she would need to move somewhere with less competition. His message was that she was basically too old, something that surely was not news to her, although no doubt hard to hear. Most of the work she has done recently has been local, or work for YT or Eboost. Her opportunities are limited, which is why she is trying to do something else. If she is smart she also knows she has to strike while the iron is hot. She could be off the show tomorrow and any visibility she had will be greatly minimized. The cautionary tale of someone like Sonja who was on the show for 4 years before she ever made anything happen.

• Love 5

I am not sure if she is a gifted model at all - spokesmodel or print. I do know that she is beautiful and has great style, but those qualities are not that hard to come by, especially in NY.

I think the whole point is that Kristen is trying to find something for herself outside the world of modeling. She heard that guy last year who told her if she wanted to continue to model and make any real money she would need to move somewhere with less competition. His message was that she was basically too old, something that surely was not news to her, although no doubt hard to hear. Most of the work she has done recently has been local, or work for YT or Eboost. Her opportunities are limited, which is why she is trying to do something else. If she is smart she also knows she has to strike while the iron is hot. She could be off the show tomorrow and any visibility she had will be greatly minimized. The cautionary tale of someone like Sonja who was on the show for 4 years before she ever made anything happen.

I agree. According to Kristen's bio, she turned 44 this year. That is old for a model. She photographs well but her modeling opportunities are extremely limited in an industry that uses models as young as 13. Kristen has to use her time on RHONY to promote her "brand" whatever that might be. Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

AnnA, I think Kristen's 38.

That's very possible and helps my argument that we shouldn't believe celebrity gossip websites.   I did a search for her bio and chose one from the results.  It was Hollywood Life that claims Kristen was born April 21, 1971.

Kristen Taekman Bio HollywoodLife

I wouldn't be surprised if another site had something different.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Actually, what she said was that a $40 blow out was worth it when you're a busy mom. 

You can learn to "blow out" your own hair and save a whole lot more time if you are truly a busy mom.  You can do your own hair when they are in school or napping.  A hair appointment takes time to get there, waiting, getting it done, paying, getting home.  Pain in the ass just for a blow dry.

• Love 5

You can learn to "blow out" your own hair and save a whole lot more time if you are truly a busy mom.  You can do your own hair when they are in school or napping.  A hair appointment takes time to get there, waiting, getting it done, paying, getting home.  Pain in the ass just for a blow dry.

That's why I now have my hair cut into a short pixie.   I've always hated blow outs.  Years ago I went from very long straight hair to a perm - no blowouts required!  The perm only required fingers to style.   When I started coloring my hair, my hairdresser said I needed to give up the perms because coloring and perming would do too much damage.  Obviously, I chose to color thus the decision to go very short.   I went from low maintenance to no maintenance and I love it.

• Love 3

This is the conventional model. Kristen's whole point was about the Drybar concept, which, to my understanding, is just in big cities. You just walk in a get a blow dry. No appointment needed, in and out in 15 minutes. Pretty convenient for a busy Manhattanite.

• Love 6

This is the conventional model. Kristen's whole point was about the Drybar concept, which, to my understanding, is just in big cities. You just walk in a get a blow dry. No appointment needed, in and out in 15 minutes. Pretty convenient for a busy Manhattanite.

This is all just fascinating to me. Have you ever done it? I am just wondering if the process is different than when I have my hair cut and colored every 6 weeks, and they blow it out for me? It's nice, but no different than the blow out I do at home every single day of my life. I mean every single day for as long as I can remember. I became so interested in this topic last season with Ramona, and her complete and utter anger at having a "blow out" ruined. Someone at the time mentioned that when you get one done at the salon it is different, and then Kristen mentions having a "good one" last for a week. I am wondering what they do that is different than what I am doing at home? If a good blow out would make my wash last more than one day, I would want to investigate it. I buy the same salon products my stylist uses, have an ass kicking blow dryer and brushes, and can get the entire deal done in 15 minutes. I am just trying to figure out how to take it up a notch.

• Love 4

I live in a big city and have seen them around.  I didn't know you didn't need an appointment, although that might cause a wait if more people show up than stylists.  Kristen has very basic hair and could do what they do.  Nothing wrong with loving to go to appointments like nails, hair, facials, etc.  But I wouldn't use the excuse that it's great for busy moms. 

• Love 2

This is all just fascinating to me. Have you ever done it? I am just wondering if the process is different than when I have my hair cut and colored every 6 weeks, and they blow it out for me? It's nice, but no different than the blow out I do at home every single day of my life. I mean every single day for as long as I can remember. I became so interested in this topic last season with Ramona, and her complete and utter anger at having a "blow out" ruined. Someone at the time mentioned that when you get one done at the salon it is different, and then Kristen mentions having a "good one" last for a week. I am wondering what they do that is different than what I am doing at home? If a good blow out would make my wash last more than one day, I would want to investigate it. I buy the same salon products my stylist uses, have an ass kicking blow dryer and brushes, and can get the entire deal done in 15 minutes. I am just trying to figure out how to take it up a notch.

I was posting the same time as you.  You can go to any salon for just a blow dry, you don't need to go to a place who does only blow outs.  I think Ramona has bad hair and could benefit from a professional working on it.  Some people can mimic what the hair stylists do exactly themselves.  Most can't make it look as good (me), but I find hair appointments aggravating and only go when necessary.

• Love 3

I can relate to Ramona. We are about the same in age, height, frame and colored blond hair. My hair looks just like Ramona's does when it gets wet its lank and rather nasty looking but blown out really pretty. I'd be upset if anyone messed with my blow out on a "working" filmed vacation. When I was younger I didn't care because youth looked ok dripping wet but 60ish not so much. These days I need as many good hair days as possible.

• Love 7

I have no personal experience with this since I'm a wash and go kind of gal.  I had an aunt who died this year at 103 (RIP).  She was successful before women's lib and worked up until she hit 80.  She had her hair done once a week and kept it all week.   I think she used to wrap her head in scarf each night.  Once upon a time I heard tell of people who did it with toilet paper.  Fortunately, I cannot confirm or deny that process.

We saw Teresa Giudice lay down on the bed and spread out her hair so it lasted.  I don't understand that method either since I'm constantly shifting positions during the night and turning my pillows over to get the "cold" side.

• Love 3

I think it depends on your hairstyle and hair texture. I have a lot of hair, and it's pretty wavy/curly, so although I'm pretty deft with a blow dryer myself (!), a salon blow dry by a professional usually looks better. Whether it's the products or the tools or the expertise, that's just been my experience. (And of course it varies - some stylists are better than others. I'm still mourning the loss of my favorite stylist. No, she didn't die - she just moved to a salon far, far away!)

I thought Ramona's histrionics over her "ruined" blow dry was ridiculous, but I tend to think her hair is similar to mine, where a good blowout can make a difference, and last for a couple days. I'm guessing that for women with fine or stick-straight hair, there's not as much labor involved in blow drying your hair, so maybe a professional blowout isn't as big a deal. But of course anyone with naturally straight hair can correct me if their experience is different.

Then there's Drybar. I think the reason it became so popular in NYC and LA is because salons are so expensive, and the whole appointment, which often includes a cut and color, is so time-consuming. With Drybar, you just walk in, get your hair washed and then blown out, all for $40. Again, is it worth it if you can do it yourself in ten minutes, and style it well? No. But for busy women, or those who are not very deft with a blow dryer (Teresa Giudice, anyone?), it can be a convenient perk.

• Love 3

I am black so a blowout would last me a week baring a fucking monsoon being dumped on my head. My hair is relaxed so it is straight but when I go through the trouble of getting it professionally blown, I stretch it for as long as I can. 

The concept of the DryBar is in it's name. You wash at home, walk into one of those bars and just get it blown. It is pretty basic and neat for people who are on the go. I'd prefer it, if I was the kind to trust others with her hair often. I prefer to wash and detangle my hair myself.  

• Love 4

I can relate to Ramona. We are about the same in age, height, frame and colored blond hair. My hair looks just like Ramona's does when it gets wet its lank and rather nasty looking but blown out really pretty. I'd be upset if anyone messed with my blow out on a "working" filmed vacation. When I was younger I didn't care because youth looked ok dripping wet but 60ish not so much. These days I need as many good hair days as possible.

My hair looks thin and silky most of the time (soft and touchable to no one but me!).  I get it cut once every year or so, when I can remember to redeem the $8.99 haircut coupon.  My disabled arms couldn't hold a blowdryer on a bet, so I usually just wear a hat when I go out to buy cat food or ciggies.  :-D

That's why I think Ramona was batshit crazy and should've gone to jail for throwing a glass and an oar at Kristen's face for splashing her "blow out".

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 5

My mom's generation went to a salon and had their hair done once a week and some of her friends still do.  Then there was the perm and blow dry, curling iron crew who could do their own hair and go in every six weeks or so and get a shampoo, cut and style.  Now we are at the stage where women get a cut, (Kristen every three weeks with the bangs and six weeks for the entire head) and there is over top coloring every six weeks and a full hair cut and in between a blow out.  Whether it is once a week or twice a week these are women who are in the limelight and need to have their hair looking its best.   We are friends with on air newscasters and yes they get their hair blown/style twice a week and the station doesn't pay for it.   I believe Kristen may recover quickly from a dousing and apparently the aging Ramona does not.  In my mom's day, the kids were not allowed to splash the mom's in the shallow end of the pool.  I am not saying Ramona is 80 years old, but I do think it is common courtesy not to splash people.  I sit in a boat so I don't get wet.  I have seen literally thousand of people step away from a canoe, speed boat, pleasure boat, yacht with dry hair-their hair  may be wind blown but not wet.  So saying if you are near water expect to get wet is ridiculous.  White water rafting =wet hair, tooling around in calm waters does not equal wet hair unless a mini-brain decides to splash you.

• Love 2

That's why I think Ramona was batshit crazy and should've gone to jail for throwing a glass and an oar at Kristen's face for splashing her "blow out".

I wanted Kristen to file a police report for assault and battery over that. I'm serious. That was crazy. Even worse than her assault was her non-apologetic attitude, and turning it around to make herself the victim ("My blowout! Who are you to throw water on me!!")

• Love 8

I wanted Kristen to file a police report for assault and battery over that. I'm serious. That was crazy. Even worse than her assault was her non-apologetic attitude, and turning it around to make herself the victim ("My blowout! Who are you to throw water on me!!")

Yes, maybe the best line ever - who are you to throw water on me. That will never not be funny. She might want to think she is ageless, but she sounded like a little old lady in that moment. And then she followed it up this year by not being able to stay awake at the reunion. So much for her being the one to desire living life in the fast lane while Mario wanted to stay at home and nap.

• Love 9

Yes, maybe the best line ever - who are you to throw water on me. That will never not be funny. She might want to think she is ageless, but she sounded like a little old lady in that moment. And then she followed it up this year by not being able to stay awake at the reunion. So much for her being the one to desire living life in the fast lane while Mario wanted to stay at home and nap.

Yes, it's one of the best RH lines ever, and I got it wrong - again! It's: "Who are you to get me wet?" (which is even funnier, if you ask me). Sorry for the initial misquote. Ramona is certifiable. Yes, she sounded like a little old lady in that moment, but also like the wicked witch of the west - it was like Dorothy threw water at her, and she was going to melt! I've never seen anyone act like that.

• Love 7

Actually Bella may not have had toaster ovens at that time.  I have no idea but they did have toaster ovens previously - Bella Cucina.  So, maybe Kris had one of those.  And again, just because Kris provided a link to their products doesn't equate her having an endorsement deal.  She provides links to many products on her website. 

• Love 3

Then there's Drybar. I think the reason it became so popular in NYC and LA is because salons are so expensive, and the whole appointment, which often includes a cut and color, is so time-consuming. With Drybar, you just walk in, get your hair washed and then blown out, all for $40.

With cuts/blowdry/highlights costing $300 every other month I can't imagine paying $40 ($50 with tip) 1-2x week.  That would start to add up quickly.  I just looked at the Drybar in my neighborhood and they do take appointments.  So a walk-in might be risky, as in waiting an hour. 

However, I have seen woman with volumes of hair that is extremely curly and after the hair stylist if finished blow drying, it's like a different woman.  Women with hair  like that must love it.

• Love 1

Well looks like Kristen's interview about her hair was rather interesting. We've been having great convos about her hair, other HW's hair and most significantly our hair! Kristen is blessed to have plenty of thick healthy hair. She has a great cut and keeps up with the coloring very well. In this day and age hair continues to be an important fashion accessory. As an older woman I love it when I receive compliments about my hair.

Maybe Kristen should investigate healthy hair products and tools and add them to her nail polish line. At the very least she may ask her agent to contact established hair brands and ask to model for them.

image_1.jpeg

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

The article is more of the Ashley Madison stuff, BTDT, but there are 2 clips from episodes in which Josh (and Heather) are shits to Kristen and she has to remind him that he has a family.  I'll be surprised if they survive the latest - he was such a turd to her way before that happened.

Interesting when Kristen says that Heather and Josh have similar personalities.  And now Heather's defense of Josh over his AM involvement.  Speaks volumes.

Also, Kristen is one of the few I've ever seen that can pull off that color so beautifully.  What would you call that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3211053/Cracks-Kristen-Josh-Taekman-s-marriage-exposed-RHONY-2014-strained-relationship-reality-couple-caught-Ashley-Madison-scandal.html

• Love 2

I wish Kristen success also. There's just something likeable about her. No matter what she does with her jackhole of a husband I hope Andy brings her back for another year.

Blog: Last Night's Look...LNL

http://www.kristencarrolltaekman.com

I don't like Kristen and I definitely do NOT want to see her return, but I would like her to find success in her business. The blog, the budding nail polish business -- she's clearly got a good mind for business and tapping into her strengths so I wish her nothing but the best for her business.

Actually, if her storyline would be more about growing her business instead of shitty Josh/AM next season, I would find her storyline way more interesting.

But Satan Andy would never miss an opportunity to milk a good scandal.

Edited by link417
  • Love 1

I don't like Kristen and I definitely do NOT want to see her return, but I would like her to find success in her business. The blog, the budding nail polish business -- she's clearly got a good mind for business and tapping into her strengths so I wish her nothing but the best for her business.

Actually, if her storyline would be more about growing her business instead of shitty Josh/AM next season, I would find her storyline way more interesting.

But Satan Andy would never miss an opportunity to milk a good scandal.

I agree there's no way Andy would allow Kristen back without expecting her to fully exploit every aspect of Josh's experience with the Ashley Madison site. Andy would really like to see the young couple suffer right in front of the cameras for higher ratings. I hope Kristen tells him "no" for the sake of her family since it appears she's trying to hold it together.

It would be fun to watch her explore her new business ventures, but unfortunately Andy is a pervert...sex sells!

• Love 1

Do you think the video she posted to Instagram is a non-comment comment on the AM scandal?  It has to be, right?  She kept repeating, "it wasn't me" along with the song, and flashing her gigantic diamond ring.  Has she always had that ring, or did Josh buy her off a la Kobe Bryant? 

I'm not sure.  Seems to me she's too happy in that vid to know yet.  She doesn't seem like the type who would bounce back or retaliate with humor that quickly.

I know I wouldn't. The only dance move I'd be doing would be a Kick Ball Change to his balls.

• Love 2

I'm not sure. Seems to me she's too happy in that vid to know yet. She doesn't seem like the type who would bounce back or retaliate with humor that quickly.

I know I wouldn't. The only dance move I'd be doing would be a Kick Ball Change to his balls.

A wonderful variation of the iconic step ball change. I hope I get to use it!

• Love 1

This from Kristen's twitter:

https://twitter.com/KristenTaekman/status/642050228300947456/photo/1

And then this nice pic of her and Luann at NYFW

http://twitter.com/KristenTaekman/status/642679495296688128/photo/1

Do you think Luann is coaching her to work on her marriage?  I think probably not.  Hanging around with a single Kristen Taekman would increase the numbers of young men Luann could surround herself with.

• Love 1

I think overall kristen contributed to the show....as observer, even had some funny lines and facial expressions..and was kind of a messenger. Plus, bethenny pulling a jill Zarin on her by trying to bar her from being shown helped some.viewers sympthasize with her. We need a few boring housewives to balance out the crazies. You could say she's the Quinn (rhoc) if this franchise..the one who doesn't fit..yet does.

Not sure about the Ashley Madison thing..to be honest.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 2

I agree there's no way Andy would allow Kristen back without expecting her to fully exploit every aspect of Josh's experience with the Ashley Madison site. Andy would really like to see the young couple suffer right in front of the cameras for higher ratings. I hope Kristen tells him "no" for the sake of her family since it appears she's trying to hold it together.

It would be fun to watch her explore her new business ventures, but unfortunately Andy is a pervert...sex sells!

I would wager that the Taekman household has been in damage control mode since the date of the hack was announced, maybe even before that -or maybe the day he deleted his account back before Kristin was on the show.

Kristin entered this season at a built-in disadvantage I MO - the cast had expanded and she had had incidents with Ramona during her first season and mocked Sonja at the reunion. I don't buy that Bethenny alone was the reason she didn't get camera time - others had an axe to grind with her as well.

If Kristin does decide to return, and she doesn't invoke the privacy clause, then she effectively opens herself up for an unpleasant experience - and really will have no one to blame but herself. Don't do it!

• Love 2

I would wager that the Taekman household has been in damage control mode since the date of the hack was announced, maybe even before that -or maybe the day he deleted his account back before Kristin was on the show.

Kristin entered this season at a built-in disadvantage I MO - the cast had expanded and she had had incidents with Ramona during her first season and mocked Sonja at the reunion. I don't buy that Bethenny alone was the reason she didn't get camera time - others had an axe to grind with her as well.

If Kristin does decide to return, and she doesn't invoke the privacy clause, then she effectively opens herself up for an unpleasant experience - and really will have no one to blame but herself. Don't do it!

She has to be careful and really think about the consequences to her family. Josh was already in the hot seat for his treatment of his family in the past. This year he was barely on screen limiting her on screen time also. What horror will await her next season? If she really wants to do another season Josh may support her, though those Bravo edits can be so unkind. :-( Edited by talula
  • Love 1

So, I am obsessed with Keith Urban and I was listening to some of his music. Am I crazy or is this Kristen right around the 430 mark? He lets the audience sing a phrase and as soon as he starts to sing again they pan the audience and I had to pause and say Whoa, Kristen? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRmlrjL2xbA

It's a tall blonde woman but I think Kristen had her hair cut shoulder length at the time. I thought she looked a little like his wife.