Type keyword(s) to search

Kristen Taekman: At Least She's Pretty

• Start Topic

I thought the same thing. Brandi could just as easily be saying that she is going to protect her kids no matter what happens. I don't think it has to mean that she will stay with him. The more interesting thing is that Brandi also said she doesn't believe he cheated. We are talking about Brandi here, who is a huge liar, but I just think that this is the party line right now with Kristen and those closest to her. Acknowledge that he did a dumb thing like Heather did on Twitter, but say that he didn't cheat on her. I think this is the way that Kristen will play it if she stays with him and that people are speaking for her to a certain extent, and helping to get out her story.

What I find really interesting here is that Brandi is the poster child for spurned, cheated-on wives, and yet she seems to be giving Josh a pass. Which is likely due to friendship, but how does that jive with how she normally reacts when hearing a husband cheated?

• Love 4

I took it as WHEN she does get a blow out it, it can last up to a week, but mostly she is a wash and go kind of gal.

I guess you missed the part where she said she RARELY blows out her own hair not if or when she said RARELY blows out her own hair..  In all fairness Kristen said everything in the article she is very contradictory.  I do think this was a promotion for DRYBAR, hence the contradictory statements.  I learned she gets her bangs cut every three weeks (I never noticed her bangs in recent pictures), her hair cut every six weeks and a good blow out will last her a week.  I assume she only gets good blowouts.  It is nice her hair does not get in the way of her being a busy mom. 

Here is a new People Magazine article.  I read the article as saying a source says Kristen is embarrassed.  I think it is Josh's family that lives in southern California and Kristen's family is in Connecticut..  http://www.people.com/article/kristen-taekman-embarrassed-husband-ashley-Madison

There is a video of Heather and she claims she would hire Kristen as an apprentice.

I really like Heather, but she really needs to stay out of this. Why is "there no chance in Hell" of Josh cheating? They were over sixty transactions recorded on the site. He went on with his friends over sixty times just for a laugh? His business must not be very successful if he has all this free time.

Look there are people I know who seem like the nicest people in the world. Do I know if they are cheating on their spouses....of course not. I do not follow someone around 24/7 and Josh has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. It does not matter that it was empty...dude totally wanted to steal a cookie.

I have no idea why Heather is so blind to Josh's faults.

Not only is Heather blind to Josh's faults, thats what she loves about him! Putting aside the incredulous pronouncement that Josh is completely innocent, that she goes so far as to say that the fact that he signed up on a cheating website while his wife was pregnant *as a joke*, (ha ha) is of the "frat boy" qualities that she LOVES about him is just sickening. I have always given the side eye to Heather and her love for Josh, and if I were Kristen, I'm not sure I would consider her *my* friend.

As far as Kristen, whether she stays or goes is up to her, obviously, but I would not think any less of her if she stayed. She has two very young children to consider, and I think anything that keeps a family together is alright in my eyes.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5

I guess you missed the part where she said she RARELY blows out her own hair not if or when she said RARELY blows out her own hair..  In all fairness Kristen said everything in the article she is very contradictory.  I do think this was a promotion for DRYBAR, hence the contradictory statements.  I learned she gets her bangs cut every three weeks (I never noticed her bangs in recent pictures), her hair cut every six weeks and a good blow out will last her a week.  I assume she only gets good blowouts.  It is nice her hair does not get in the way of her being a busy mom. 

Here is a new People Magazine article.  I read the article as saying a source says Kristen is embarrassed.  I think it is Josh's family that lives in southern California and Kristen's family is in Connecticut..  http://www.people.com/article/kristen-taekman-embarrassed-husband-ashley-Madison

There is a video of Heather and she claims she would hire Kristen as an apprentice.

I'm confused, my one sentence post does not mention Kristen blowing drying her own hair.

The link did not work for me.

• Love 1

I may have missed it, but what do Josh's 62 transactions on AM really mean?  Does that mean he logged into the site 62 times? Did he have to pay each time he logged in?  What, in fact, did he pay for?

From what I understand, logging on to the site is free and you pay to communicate with others on the site. So, the transactions are paying to message and communicate with the women.

• Love 2

Here is the link again:  http://www.people.com/article/kristen-taekman-embarrassed-husband-ashley-Madison  Apparently it only works if you Google it and go to the story directly.  Kristen Taekman Extremely Embarrassed.

So I am guessing you took away from the article that Kristen just washed her hair and lets it hang unless she has an event.  I did not feel that way about reading the article and I will say it again Kristen contradicted herself and her job in this interview was to mention as many salons and products she uses on her hair.  it is how she makes money.  Kristen is not a global trendsetter-this is her opportunity to get her name out there and attached to certain salons  and services.  By the way mentioning OTC stuff didn't work for Kyle or Joyce. 

Edited by zoeysmom

I'm confused, my one sentence post does not mention Kristen blowing drying her own hair.

The link did not work for me.

I can;t help you anymore-you  missed the whole point of Kristen's interview trying to promote Drybar.  I have reposted her comments and I think the word RARELY is definitive she RARELYblow dry her own hair.  I don't know what you think she does with her hair.  Clearly it is blown out whether she does it or Drybar.  And this further illustrates my point Kristen is boring. 

From what I understand, logging on to the site is free and you pay to communicate with others on the site. So, the transactions are paying to message and communicate with the women.

Do you know if you have to pay for a response to your contact?  So if Mr. BigNYC contacts someone and pays for it-does the receiver pay to pick up the message?  Does you pay for subsequent messages?  I am trying to figure out the entertainment value for Josh and his friends.

Do you know if you have to pay for a response to your contact?  So if Mr. BigNYC contacts someone and pays for it-does the receiver pay to pick up the message?  Does you pay for subsequent messages?  I am trying to figure out the entertainment value for Josh and his friends.

I am pretty sure that the website is free for women like Ladies Night at a club.

• Love 1

Kirsten's children, blessedly, look like their mother.

It's so tedious to go round and round, parsing a person's comments, interpreting things that are not even implied. It's a shame because Kristen is probably the least offensive housewife - ever.

And least interesting.  She came on because she was a friend of Brandi's and I think Andy overlooked the fact she was fairly well mannered and had great difficulty with confrontation outside her husband.  I am hoping Josh becomes a monthly child support/alimony check to her.

I can;t help you anymore-you  missed the whole point of Kristen's interview trying to promote Drybar.  I have reposted her comments and I think the word RARELY is definitive she RARELYblow dry her own hair.  I don't know what you think she does with her hair.  Clearly it is blown out whether she does it or Drybar.  And this further illustrates my point Kristen is boring.

I didn't miss the point AT ALL. She states she has naturally STRAIGHT hair and that she RARELY blow dries her OWN hair. So to me, JUST ME, every time I see her with straight hair I don't think she really just went to DRYBARS and she's lying about her hair care.

I am done with this conversation.

• Love 8

I am pretty sure that the website is free for women like Ladies Night at a club.

Thanks because I read where he was charged 60+ times I am assuming there were a number of responses he did not pay for and why would anyone stay on if there was no real life contact?  Other than seeing Josh and fleeing the restaurant before making face to face contact.

I didn't miss the point AT ALL. She states she has naturally STRAIGHT hair and that she RARELY blow dries her OWN hair. So to me, JUST ME, every time I see her with straight hair I don't think she really just went to DRYBARS and she's lying about her hair care.

I am done with this conversation.

I never said she was lying about her hair care.  Have you ever seen people leave blow out places-mostly their hair is straight.  That is what her cut is all about. 

Here is where Bethenny invented the ponytail at DRYBAR-note the Skinny Girl placement.  It is a product placement interview.http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2011/10/25/bethenny-frankel-drybar-ponytail/

Holy fucking fuckballs, how in the fresh hell does a "blow out" cause such controversy?  I have awful, wonderful baby fine hair that defies ANY treatment or styling.  I think Kristen's hair looks good., for the most part (reunion extensions not withstanding)  Who really cares how she makes it work?

• Love 20

Here is the link again:  http://www.people.com/article/kristen-taekman-embarrassed-husband-ashley-Madison  Apparently it only works if you Google it and go to the story directly.  Kristen Taekman Extremely Embarrassed.

So I am guessing you took away from the article that Kristen just washed her hair and lets it hang unless she has an event.  I did not feel that way about reading the article and I will say it again Kristen contradicted herself and her job in this interview was to mention as many salons and products she uses on her hair.  it is how she makes money.  Kristen is not a global trendsetter-this is her opportunity to get her name out there and attached to certain salons  and services.  By the way mentioning OTC stuff didn't work for Kyle or Joyce. 

LOL, The infamous 'un-named source" strikes again! Good grief, I am sure she is embarrassed, anyone would be, even if they were certain their husband/spouse/SO was innocent of actually cheating. I wonder if they, People Magazine, are using Sonja as their source? LOL

As for Kristen getting her hair blown dry/styled once a week, I could care less and do not find it hypocritical of her poking fun at Ramona's OTT reaction to getting her hair wet. After all, we saw Kristen dive/jump into the lake last season and get her hair wet without having a hissy fit. We have never seen/heard Kristen get upset about getting her hair wet or even messy, ever.

Also, why shouldn't Kristen promote other business's like so many other HWs do? I don't think she is trying to sell us, most of us that is, on any hair care routine at all but is trying to promote the business's to the NYC viewers and keep people coming back to her fashion blog. Also, isn't her fashion blog full of these daily/weekly tips about clothing, makeup, jewelry and now hair?

• Love 7

Do you know if you have to pay for a response to your contact? So if Mr. BigNYC contacts someone and pays for it-does the receiver pay to pick up the message? Does you pay for subsequent messages? I am trying to figure out the entertainment value for Josh and his friends.

I don't know for sure but my guess is that Ashley Madison is going to monetize everything. As I understand, you buy 'credits' for communication, so for example you might spend $50 to get 100 credits, and I'm guessing it's something like 10 credits to send a message and maybe like 5 to access the response? So the 60 something transactions doesn't mean he only sent 60 something messages, but that he bought credits 60 something times.

As far as the entertainment value for Josh and his friends, I honestly can't find any...I think that's about the lamest fucking excuse that Josh could come up with. Especially since he's paying, and his activity spanned months/over a year. Signing up with your buddies is like funny one night when you are drunk(if you're a dick). Sending messages to women on Christmas Day? Not fucking funny anymore.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 6

OK. Maybe I'm reading that article wrong but I didn't see her say that she only washes her hair once a week and only does blow outs.  What I 'read' is that when she's not doing anything special, she washes her hair and goes.  She doesn't blow it out because it's so straight.  For special occasions she gets a blow out that sometimes last a week.  

That's how I read it too.

Holy fucking fuckballs, how in the fresh hell does a "blow out" cause such controversy?  

You're right.  It is ridiculous and yet I had to chime in.  I wonder what that says about me?

• Love 5

Good grief! Who the hell cares if Kristin blows out her own hair or has it professionally done? We've really gotten down in the weeds if people are getting so heated over a subject that has no importance. Can we dial it back a few thousand notches? Let's talk about what a basically nasty person Ramona is! Now that's important, folks!

• Love 8

LOL, The infamous 'un-named source" strikes again! Good grief, I am sure she is embarrassed, anyone would be, even if they were certain their husband/spouse/SO was innocent of actually cheating. I wonder if they, People Magazine, are using Sonja as their source? LOL

As for Kristen getting her hair blown dry/styled once a week, I could care less and do not find it hypocritical of her poking fun at Ramona's OTT reaction to getting her hair wet. After all, we saw Kristen dive/jump into the lake last season and get her hair wet without having a hissy fit. We have never seen/heard Kristen get upset about getting her hair wet or even messy, ever.

Also, why shouldn't Kristen promote other business's like so many other HWs do? I don't think she is trying to sell us, most of us that is, on any hair care routine at all but is trying to promote the business's to the NYC viewers and keep people coming back to her fashion blog. Also, isn't her fashion blog full of these daily/weekly tips about clothing, makeup, jewelry and now hair?

I think anyone could have been the unnamed source. The smart thing Kristen is doing is keeping her options open and mouth closed. She may be investigating other credit card charges, checking out where the money is, checking out Josh's business nights out it could very well be Josh did sign up for a wealthy/friend client and is taking the hit in the media. Kristen will need to decide if she can live with that blemish.

I don't care if Kristen promotes things-she needs to be a little more natural about it. Last year she was hawking Bella small appliances-especially the E-Boost orange and made mention of how she used the toaster oven all the time. Problem is Bella does not make a toaster oven. Also kind of a crappy thing to so to Sonja-dreamer of toaster oven empire. I notice Bella appliances is off her website. I would go to a Kristen recommended salon before a Bethenny recommended salon. She loves her nail polish but it just hits a brick wall-"I have nail polish, I love nail polish" doesn't get it sold.

Good grief! Who the hell cares if Kristin blows out her own hair or has it professionally done? We've really gotten down in the weeds if people are getting so heated over a subject that has no importance. Can we dial it back a few thousand notches? Let's talk about what a basically nasty person Ramona is! Now that's important, folks!

We are on Kristen's thread and my original point is she is not all the interesting and I found an article to support my contention and went to hell in a hand basket in a hurry. I will try and equally intriguing article about Ramona-maybe how she keeps her bathrooms so clean.

Edited by zoeysmom

I don't begrudge Kristen a blowout, I love a blowout! Although, I have naturally curly hair, so a good blowout can only last me two days. I'm kind of creeped out by stretching it a whole week. After three days of not washing my hair, I would want to scrub my whole body with a Brillo pad...but I wash my hair everyday AND blow it out myself. I actually think I do a better job than drybar.

I envy the ability to look good with an air dry. Sigh.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 6

How on Earth is she a hypocrite, ZM? For liking blowouts?

She is probably the most stable, normal and decent person in this cast. She wasn't harsh or mean at all. I hate the eff out of how certain elements of the viewership take Kristen for something she has never shown herself to be because of her friendship with Brandi. Or Heather. Or for having married Josh. I think she is demonized in ways other people aren't: LuAnn married someone possibly anti-Semitic, but it doesn't come up again and again and again and again. Mario was an overt douche-cheat, not a secret one, but that doesn't come up ad nauseum in Ramona posts. But Kristen is held culpable for being associated with people some don't like.

That's the thing about Kristen - she's gorgeous (and I'm not getting into the blow dry argument!). She's a beautiful model, she's still pretty young, and she has a lot going for her. Why is she with Josh? He's an asshole, he treats her like crap, he's funny looking, he's condescending and disrespectful towards her, and he was caught cheating. Maybe she has no self-esteem, but on the surface, at least, she seems pretty strong and self-confident. I don't get it. Outside of the obvious - they have kids together, and divorce is a hard choice to make, what does she see in him that would make her want to stay? And just for the record, I said all this before the AM thing happened.

• Love 9

We are on Kristen's thread and my original point is she is not all the interesting and I found an article to support and went to hell in a hand basket in a hurry. I will try and equally intriguing article about Ramona-maybe how she keeps her bathrooms so clean.

You're presenting it as something close to an objective, widely agreed upon reality that the article about Kristen proves she is uninteresting - as if it were like proving Ramona got foobs this past season as offensive to the eye IMO as Kristen's are to some.  That is not true.  That is in fact *objectively* untrue and writing for me, that is why you're getting push back.  Nothing 'went to hell in a hand basket.'  You read stuff into her responses that others here did not read, and then you wrote as if someone 'misread' the article, as opposed to reading it and having a different opinion.

I like not agreeing with everyone but that to me is what happened.

• Love 9

I really agree with the post about Kristen, Midnight Cheese ( indicated above by my, once again, flawed QUOTE ability.) I find it peculiar that Kristen is seemingly held to a harsher review in general, and, oftimes, is ridiculed for rather innocuous 'whatevers'.

_______

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 2

I think anyone could have been the unnamed source. The smart thing Kristen is doing is keeping her options open and mouth closed. She may be investigating other credit card charges, checking out where the money is, checking out Josh's business nights out it could very well be Josh did sign up for a wealthy/friend client and is taking the hit in the media. Kristen will need to decide if she can live with that blemish.

I don't care if Kristen promotes things-she needs to be a little more natural about it. Last year she was hawking Bella small appliances-especially the E-Boost orange and made mention of how she used the toaster oven all the time. Problem is Bella does not make a toaster oven. Also kind of a crappy thing to so to Sonja-dreamer of toaster oven empire. I notice Bella appliances is off her website. I would go to a Kristen recommended salon before a Bethenny recommended salon. She loves her nail polish but it just hits a brick wall-"I have nail polish, I love nail polish" doesn't get it sold.

Of course anyone could be the source, just as much as there is no source and the magazine is relying on gossip but it is fun to speculate it was Sonja! I can see Sonja saying this and then telling the reporter that this is "Strictly OFF the record" because I got into trouble the last time I opened my mouth"! LOL

As for what Kristen may or may not be doing in light of the AM scandal, I could care less what she decides. It is her marriage, her decision and she has to live with her decision, not me and this is coming from someone that likes Kristen.

Sonja's TO never was real and IMO, they all figured that out long ago and her supporting a real TO over a fake Sonja one isn't important nor is it being unsupportive of Sonja either. I don't know anything about Bella "small appliances" and it could be that Kristen got mixed up with the manufactures name, it does happen. As for her nail polish, time will tell if it is successful and if not, she can move onto something new that fits her.

I don't begrudge Kristen a blowout, I love a blowout! Although, I have naturally curly hair, so a good blowout can only last me two days. I'm kind of creeped out by stretching it a whole week. After three days of not washing my hair, I would want to scrub my whole body with a Brillo pad...but I wash my hair everyday AND blow it out myself. I actually think I do a better job than drybar.

I have naturally curly hair as well and a top stylist told me to wash it no more than twice a week because curly hair tends to be drier than straight hair.  I now only wash it twice a week, I do rinse it out everyday when I shower though, and no longer use shampoo to do it. I found the Wen line much gentler on my hair yet gets it just as clean as shampoo and my color doesn't fade at all anymore. I always hated my curly, frizzy and out of control hair until a few years ago. LOL

• Love 1

If she doesn't leave him, he would eventually. Probably when she is middle-aged has found another younger model with self esteem issues like Kristen. *(THIS is a QUOTE attributable to: Deputy Deputy CoS)

Deputy Deputy CoS, yes, totally!

_____

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 2

I have naturally curly hair as well and a top stylist told me to wash it no more than twice a week because curly hair tends to be drier than straight hair. I now only wash it twice a week, I do rinse it out everyday when I shower though, and no longer use shampoo to do it. I found the Wen line much gentler on my hair yet gets it just as clean as shampoo and my color doesn't fade at all anymore. I always hated my curly, frizzy and out of control hair until a few years ago. LOL

My hair is not the typical naturally curly hair, it's more accurate to say naturally wavy I guess. It needs to be washed daily (sulfate free) and straightened...most people who know me are shocked to see me with my hair wet, the only time it's curly. I love Kristen's hair, it's a great cut and color and really suits her. I'm disappointed that she couldn't come up with a single housewife with hair she likes...Kyle Richards? Joyce? Not even her super friend Heather?

I have a suspicion that Kristen, while "nice" and somewhat "normal", thinks very, very highly of Kristen...and it bugs. IMO

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 4

If I washed and blow dried my hair everyday, I'd be bald. Some hair is far too fragile to receive that type of daily treatment.

I don't think Kristen is a hypocrite for getting a blow out. Her point was why would Ramona get a blow out when she knew that the activities where going to be in, on, or near water. Most people who are that concerned about preserving their blow out wouldn't have gotten in the pool at the spa or in the row boat. I have been that woman who has stayed out of the water because I didn't have the products I needed for my hair. And I can assure you that my actual afro is a lot harder to deal with than Ramona's hair.

• Love 6

If she doesn't leave him, he would eventually. Probably when she is middle-aged has found another younger model with self esteem issues like Kristen.

Deputy Deputy CoS, yes, totally!

If she can stand it, she needs to sit her fit, well-toned ass and awesome hair down on a couch and watch the OC show on Monday night. While doing so, she should take note of the most depressing, sad woman on TV - Shannon - and realize what could become of her (although she will never have Shannon's horrible hair). A middle aged women married to a man that is just not that in to her. A woman who probably feels her options are limited at an age where it is hard to start over and men are looking for younger playthings. She is beautiful, she seems to be kind, has a good sense of humor, and could easily find someone who would appreciate his good luck in finding her. With every year, it is going to get harder. If she does decide to stay, I hope she is able to move past it and find a way to be happy. Shannon keeps saying that she hopes showing her reality will help other women. Maybe it's true after all. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 12

What I find really interesting here is that Brandi is the poster child for spurned, cheated-on wives, and yet she seems to be giving Josh a pass. Which is likely due to friendship, but how does that jive with how she normally reacts when hearing a husband cheated?

Brandi has said it is okay for men to cheat with hookers.

• Love 1
If I washed and blow dried my hair everyday, I'd be bald. Some hair is far too fragile to receive that type of daily treatment.

I was born in 1940 and I can't remember when women (other than those who complained about really oily hair) started washing their hair more often than once a week...usually on the proverbial Saturday night.   Maybe it started happening in the 70s?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Outside of the obvious - they have kids together, and divorce is a hard choice to make, what does she see in him that would make her want to stay?

Maybe it's finances.  Her husband's "business" always seems kind of sketchy (I don't watch the show regularly and really know nothing about him or his business).  Perhaps she knows she can't make it on her own...yet.

• Love 2

I don't know anything about Bella "small appliances" and it could be that Kristen got mixed up with the manufactures name, it does happen. As for her nail polish, time will tell if it is successful and if not, she can move onto something new that fits her.

Here is a thought if you are doing a "my favorite things" page don't go and on about how much you enjoy Bella's toaster oven if you obviously can't be using one since it doesn't exist. Her blurb was to support Bella small appliances and she did not do her homework and overstepped. My guess is she won't do it again.Kristen is no longer endorsing Bella. Somehow I want to blame super marketer Josh for putting her in that position. Donlt know if it is his fault maybe just because I dislike Josh.

If Kristen doesn't have RHONYC she is going to have tough time pushing her goods. I am hoping she finds something that doesn't require Josh's input.

I was born in 1940 and I can't remember when women (other than those who complained about really oily hair) started washing their hair more often than once a week...usually on the proverbial Saturday night.   Maybe it started happening in the 70s?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Maybe it's finances.  Her husband's "business" always seems kind of sketchy (I don't watch the show regularly and really know nothing about him or his business).  Perhaps she knows she can't make it on her own...yet.

I think when long hair parted down the middle came into vogue in the sixties it was important not to have oily hair. Here is an NPR story 2-3 times a week. There are many examples of people going much longer. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102062969

Edited by zoeysmom
Not only is Heather blind to Josh's faults, thats what she loves about him! Putting aside the incredulous pronouncement that Josh is completely innocent, that she goes so far as to say that the fact that he signed up on a cheating website while his wife was pregnant *as a joke*, (ha ha) is of the "frat boy" qualities that she LOVES about him is just sickening.

That was most vomitous part for me. How much she LOVES that about him. 

It reminded me of when she said that the "rodeo is the best thing I've ever seen!"  Yes, cattle prodding those horses so they buck like that is so exciting.  Watching 2 month old calves being roped, thrown to the ground and their legs tied together is so awesome.  Dumb ass.  Would seeing that done to a puppy be something thrilling to watch, too? 

Two things she loves:  frat boy bad behavior and rodeos.  I thought she was more evolved than that.  She needs to read more, or something.

• Love 3

My hair is not the typical naturally curly hair, it's more accurate to say naturally wavy I guess. It needs to be washed daily (sulfate free) and straightened...most people who know me are shocked to see me with my hair wet, the only time it's curly. I love Kristen's hair, it's a great cut and color and really suits her. I'm disappointed that she couldn't come up with a single housewife with hair she likes...Kyle Richards? Joyce? Not even her super friend Heather?

I have a suspicion that Kristen, while "nice" and somewhat "normal", thinks very, very highly of Kristen...and it bugs. IMO

I think all the HW's have "healthy" egos! LOL I also think it is a prerequisite for being a Bravo HW! 

Bella makes a Toaster Oven. You can buy it on Amazon. Sounds like Kristen knows of what she speaks.

ETA: Actually, it looks like they sell 3 or 4 Toaster Ovens.

Oh good I guess she lost the job for other reasons. 

I was told by a Subcutaneous Dermatologist that in general it's best to wash hair ONLY 1-3 times weekly.

Aaand, that's it.

This conversation is reminding me of the discussion in the last episode about how much pussy hair is appropriate and whether it's better to wax, shave or laser. To each her own, I guess.

Except Carole....shave those hairy toes.

• Love 1

Here is Kristen quote "I very RARELY blow dry my own hair these days, especially when, I have anything special happening.  I have a Drybar addiction.  It started when I was pregnant with my daughter.  It was easier to have someone else do it.  . . . . . she continued with, When you ARE A BUSY MOM it's worth it.   I can sometimes have a great blowout LAST A WEEK. .  After about day three or four , the dry shampoo comes out, the toward the END OF THE WEEK it is a ponytail."

I think Kristen pretty clearly states she is a busy mom, she gets blowouts and RARELY does her own hair and a great blow out lasts a week.  In all fairness she did say the what you stated as well.  So I assume you did not read entire article and the quote I posted.  I really don't post links and then make up what the article says. 

I'll leave it to others to conclude their own interpretation of the article.  And yes I did read the whole article.

http://www.glamour.com/lipstick/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2014/04/real-housewife-kristen-taekman

• Love 2

I recently watched last year's reunion (don't judge me), and I thought that the whole Takeman marriage counseling was odd. At one point they showed a TH of Kristen crying and saying, "Sometimes I think he just doesn't love me anymore." Cut back to the reunion, and Heather turned to her, patted her and said something to the effect of, "Oh honey no. Of course not." Then there was a long discussion about marriage ups and downs.

Regarding this season, I also remember someone (Kristen?  Heather? ) asking Ramona what do you think causes men to cheat, or why did Mario stray, something along those lines during a dinner- I think during the Turks and Caicos trip. I'm sorry my recollection is so vague.

Anyways, my point in all of this is- I believe that Kristen knew  about the Mr. Pig profile before we the public knew. I believe that's when Josh ended his account. Something about their therapy sessions and the talking heads she made about them led me to believe she knew something was up.

I don't know the date of when Josh closed his account, so maybe I'm off base.

Perhaps that explains Heather's comments as well. Maybe she knows they went to therapy, worked through it, and is trying to minimize the situation, because to Kristen- its already in the past.

I don't know, I don't have any proof obviously- just an idea to float out there.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 2

Maybe it was Kristen's decision to stop supporting Bella's TO and not the other way around. Maybe her TO broke or she was disappointed in it because there is nothing to suggest that Bella fired her or told her to stop or even that it was a "job" for/to her to begin with. Not every tweet that a HW makes about a person, product or business means they are earing money from them, sometimes it is nothing more than they really like them/it and want to share with others.

• Love 4

I recently watched last year's reunion (don't judge me), and I thought that the whole Takeman marriage counseling was odd. At one point they showed a TH of Kristen crying and saying, "Sometimes I think he just doesn't love me anymore." Cut back to the reunion, and Heather turned to her, patted her and said something to the effect of, "Oh honey no. Of course not." Then there was a long discussion about marriage ups and downs.

Regarding this season, I also remember someone (Kristen?  Heather? ) asking Ramona what do you think causes men to cheat, or why did Mario stray, something along those lines during a dinner- I think during the Turks and Caicos trip. I'm sorry my recollection is so vague.

Anyways, my point in all of this is- I believe that Kristen knew before we the public knew. I believe that's when Josh ended his account. Something about their therapy sessions and the talking heads she made about them led me to believe she knew something was up.

I don't know the date of when Josh closed his account, so maybe I'm off base.

Perhaps that explains Heather's comments as well. Maybe she knows they went to therapy, worked through it, and is trying to minimize the situation, because to Kristen- its already in the past.

I don't know, I don't have any proof obviously- just an idea to float out there.

It was Ramona talking to Heather in T&C about "strong women and husbands/marriage". I don't remember Heather asking her about "why" men cheat, I think Ramona was trying to say that she was too much woman for Mario to deal with. LOL

According to the reports, Josh ended his AM account when Kristen joined the show and began filming her first season. It is possible that he told her then because he feared someone might come forward about the account but I suspect she knew nothing until the whole scandal broke a few weeks ago. I believe she does love him, for whatever reason(s) and will try to work things out with him if possible.

• Love 2

Bella makes a Toaster Oven. You can buy it on Amazon. Sounds like Kristen knows of what she speaks.

ETA: Actually, it looks like they sell 3 or 4 Toaster Ovens.

Thank you! I checked Amazon too because I knew I'd seen one.  Posters were repeating the horror of stupid Kristen mentioning an oven that didn't exist. Good thing she's pretty...

• Love 1

Brandi is just so crazy with this stuff. It always felt to me like she put more blame on the person the guy cheated with than she did the cheater himself. She didn't seem to have any issues with Mohammed back in the day, and he cheated on Yo. She seems to be so friendly with Howard Stern because she is good friends with his wife Beth, but I believe that he was cheating on his first wife (I could have that wrong). I think she will forgive the guy who cheats before she forgives the gal he cheated with. She has talked of the fact that she has dropped close girlfriends for getting involved in affairs with married guys, but I find it hard to believe that in her wide circle of friends, none of the guys she hangs out with have ever cheated.

Did she have an endorcement deal with Bella? I'm surprised I never heard that. That would be a pretty big deal for a HW. I don't think many of them get endorcement deals with such major companies. Good for her. Even if it didn't last, it's pretty impressive that she got something like that.

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure that Howard did not cheat on his first wife. He is more known for his loyalty though many still don't realize that his on-air persona is a character.

I did not realize that Howard's Beth was friends with Kristen. I'm still surprised she's friendly with Brandi! Maybe she is positioning herself for RHONY. Still hard to see Howard participating. Or having a convo w/ Brandi....

• Love 3

I think Brandi would have stayed with Eddie, but he chose to leave her. Also agree that she blames the woman the man cheated with more. She's a mess.

Don't think Kristen had a clue about AM til this scandal broke, but she was obviously feeling the strain in her marriage and feeling like josh wasn't invested in her emotionally. I think the d-bag ended his account because he knew he'd be featured on the show and didn't want the many women clamping for his attention on AM to know his real identity. I bet all his AM profile pics featured his fedora.

• Love 6

There's no proof that I can find that Kris had an endorsement deal with Bella products.  All I could find is this from her website.  She mentions many different products she uses on her website.  Does that mean she gets paid for all of them?  I don't think so.  This also came up last year because she had some of their products in her kitchen but IIRC she never mentioned them on the show.

http://www.kristencarrolltaekman.com/bella/

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure that Howard did not cheat on his first wife. He is more known for his loyalty though many still don't realize that his on-air persona is a character.

I did not realize that Howard's Beth was friends with Kristen. I'm still surprised she's friendly with Brandi! Maybe she is positioning herself for RHONY. Still hard to see Howard participating. Or having a convo w/ Brandi....

Thanks for the clarification about Stern. I shouldn't have thrown that out there without checking first. I just remember being sad when I heard they were splitting up. I came to like him after I saw "Private Parts" and they seemed really in love.

• Love 3