Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

Carole enlists the help of the Long Island medium to investigate a paranormal sighting that she experienced twenty years ago in the beachfront property that she frequented with Anthony during their friendship with Carolyn and John. Frankly, the central narrative is less than compelling and the point of the hour appears to have been several minutes midway through in which the medium communes with the spirits of Carolyn, Anthony, and John, and "Carolyn" (represented in rapid jump cuts as a faceless blonde woman bathed in white light a la, say, the visions that Sheridan Crane had of her friend Princess Diana on the NBC soap opera Passions) counsels Carole to acclimate herself to fame because women worldwide need her as a role model (Hillary Clinton, eat your heart out). As a lonely member of Team Aviva, I feel much better about her participation in that Couples Therapy knockoff after this distasteful turn.

• Love 6

Added to clarify: Carole's demeanor and conduct themselves were not especially galling compared to the premise and production of the seance with the What Remains leads. She maintained her composure for the most part and eschewed any scenery chewing. It was actually kind of reminiscent of Aviva's return to the farm where she was maimed except for the theatrical reenactment of Carolyn and the dead "on the other side."

• Love 2

It was kind of odd that after all the build up, the main ghost event didn't really have much to do with Carole other than the spirit hoping Carole would become the Ambassador of wayward ghosts everywhere, but, I thought the house and especially the backyard were creepy to begin with.

• Love 3

I couldn't even make it all the way through. Siily, silly stuff. And it doesn't help that I don't believe in ghosts so Carole talking to a ghost standing at the foot of her bed had me rolling my eyes.

She also lied. Similar to how she told the tea reader how remarkable it was that she knew about the scratch in the Jeep when she'd never told anyone...yes, she did it was in the book - this time she acted stunned when the medium knew she had a locket with pics of the 2 couples inside. It's on the cover of her book. The first edition cover. It's a different cover now so Carole was perhaps counting on the viewers not knowing?

Also hilarious was the medium asking Carole if she was presently creatively blocked. LOLOL This medium must watch RHONY or is friends with Carole's editor. But Carolyn Bessette Kennedy assures her from the grave that all will be well. Whew!

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 4

Carole enlists the help of the Long Island medium to investigate a paranormal sighting that she experienced twenty years ago in the beachfront property that she frequented with Anthony during their friendship with Carolyn and John. Frankly, the central narrative is less than compelling and the point of the hour appears to have been several minutes midway through in which the medium communes with the spirits of Carolyn, Anthony, and John, and "Carolyn" (represented in rapid jump cuts as a faceless blonde woman bathed in white light a la, say, the visions that Sheridan Crane had of her friend Princess Diana on the NBC soap opera Passions) counsels Carole to acclimate herself to fame because women worldwide need her as a role model (Hillary Clinton, eat your heart out). As a lonely member of Team Aviva, I feel much better about her participation in that Couples Therapy knockoff after this distasteful turn.

That Passions reference is amazing and made my day. Didn't watch this special but totally feel I can visualize it now

• Love 1

I haven't thought of Passions in years. What a fun soap with an incredible cast. Thanks for the memory!

But, Carole, Carole, Carole. Why? Did Bethy tell you to do this? Stay away from her.

Please.

For my sake.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4

....a faceless blonde woman bathed in white light a la, say, the visions that Sheridan Crane had of her friend Princess Diana on the NBC soap opera Passions) counsels Carole to acclimate herself to fame because women worldwide need her as a role model (Hillary Clinton, eat your heart out).

Heh, I remember that -- wasn't Sheridan's weepy fest on the sofa ("They never left her alone! They killed her!") and the Diana-Sheridan cozy chat in the soap's debut episode? Dreadful.

Did anyone else think of Carole when David and Yolanda Foster's divorce was announced?

I was thinking, "oh, here's Carole's opportunity!" (since she admitted to being interested in David once upon a time). But I'm sure Carole's too old for his tastes, and not the sort of woman who would call him her "king." Not with a straight face, anyhow!

• Love 4

I can't imagine Carole calling anyone her king or dealing with anyone who is as ego high maintenance as David appears to be. Although he is gone a lot and there are plenty of ridiculous women whose personalities change the second they meet an eligible man. Don't think Carole's one of those, though.

• Love 5

I can't imagine Carole calling anyone her king or dealing with anyone who is as ego high maintenance as David appears to be. Although he is gone a lot and there are plenty of ridiculous women whose personalities change the second they meet an eligible man. Don't think Carole's one of those, though.

I agree with the beginning of your post. But I think to some degree she does mold her personality - the whole hipster thing with the young guy, etc. of course, I think we all change a bit with relationships. Things you don't much care about become important because they are important to your partner. And that's not a bad thing.
  • Love 1

Btw, I just watched Carole's "Haunting Of..." special online at this link if anyone is interested:

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-haunting-of/video/season-4/episode-13/carole-radziwill

Lots of Carole ass-kissing from all parties((spirits?)) involved, but I actually thought she presented herself very well and displayed a very politely reserved and kind warmth throughout the special. And even though some of the items the medium mentioned((like the friendship locket she shared with Caroline and her "writers block")) were a bit more obvious to those of us who know more about Carole, it was an interesting look at a part of Carole's past marital life with Anthony. Yikes though, that house is creepy as Hell...I can't imagine how scary it was to see a ghost in that place in the middle of the night!!

She looks quite lovely too---I don't mind her hipster fashions and fake lashes at all, but I do have an admitted soft spot for "Cool Carole."

• Love 4

My suggestion for Carole's writers block--Carole should write about her family members who came to visit her from another dimension. Her grandmother sounded very interesting. She knew her grandmother was in love with a man she could never have. I wonder if her mom was born from that union? Her uncles were broke from gambling which they continue on the other side. Maybe that's what she and Beth have in common, father and uncles who gambled?

The tall dead stranger ghost who visited her, Kathy, set a house on fire and died from smoke inhalation. It seems the ghost like her grandmother was having a shady relationship with an unavailable man. A man that she (Kathy) argued with, according to the ghost whisperer. A little weird that the message she was given from Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy was about what a example of a strong woman Carole is and that the ghost of Kathy visited Carole to find out how Carole was such a strong independent woman!?! Sounded sketchy to me.

If it was me I'd be at the local library checking out fires in the vicinity of the house she rented that burned down in the 70s. I'd want to know if Kathy was a real person and who the guy was. The ghost whisperer said the fire was accidentally started, but I wonder if it was a suicide or cover up murder.

Edited by talula

I had no idea there was "A Haunting of" starring Carole.  Thanks for the heads up. I found it online and plan to watch it later.  I'm a sucker for all those damn haunting shows. 

archer1267, on 07 Dec 2015 - 4:53 PM, said:

Did anyone else think of Carole when David and Yolanda Foster's divorce was announced?

I was thinking, "oh, here's Carole's opportunity!" (since she admitted to being interested in David once upon a time). But I'm sure Carole's too old for his tastes, and not the sort of woman who would call him her "king." Not with a straight face, anyhow!

I didn't know she said she was ever interested in him.  When was that?? Ew.

Carole is the same age as Yolanda so I don't think she's too "old" for him, but neither are each other's types at all. 

It was the crossover episode where Carole and Kristen hung out with RHOBH cast members - Brandi and Yolanda. In a TH, Carole said something like "I wanted to meet David Foster [when he was between wives] but then he met Yolanda." It was more of a casual aside than anything and I think Carole said (paraphrasing) that it was just as well and that she really loved Yolanda.

(If the notion of David Foster being an "eligible bachelor" is weird, it's not as weird as women pursuing Leonard Lauder in NYC after he broke off his engagement...at age 80.)

For what it's worth, I could actually picture he and Carole as a couple---shes quiet and mellow enough to likely jive with his "it's all about ME" smuggery and constant self-adulation. She obviously enjoys the company of musicians and she's a skinny pothead within his age range.

But then again, I also couldn't see her giving in to the Yolanda-style boot-licking/public proclamations of love and worship of "Her King" that he apparently required. And she doesn't cook, as she's made perfectly clear to the world! So they'd probably just work best as a quick fling.

Bikini-clad Carole Radziwill enjoys wet and wild holiday with toyboy Adam Kenworthy in the Bahamas

By CASSIE CARPENTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 12:58 EST, 13 January 2016 | UPDATED: 14:18 EST, 13 January 2016

-excerpt

According to Page Six - Radziwill, Bethenny Frankel, and Dorinda Medley have all signed new contracts for the eighth season of TRHONY, which premieres this spring.

However, LuAnn de Lesseps, Ramona Singer, and Sonja Morgan will all be downgraded to part-time while Heather Thomson announced her exit in September.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3397870/Bikini-clad-Carole-Radziwill-enjoys-wet-wild-holiday-toyboy-Adam-Kenworthy-Bahamas.html#ixzz3xHaMZg9C

Carole sure makes an ass of herself, LOL.

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Carole - who's penning a book of essays for next summer - told StyleCaster in October that she and Kenworthy 'might write a cookbook together.'

Don't hold your breath, folks. It was originally due out Spring of 2014. Then, I believe her annoyed editor extended her deadline to August of 2014. So maybe it WILL be on the shelves by summer. Must be a doozy.

That article contained 3 photos and 1 video of her ass. She looks good from the neck down. Nice abs. Adam is one of those guys that doesn't look great wet. Looks like he smells of patchouli and wet Golden Retriever. And that sure looks and sounds like Bethenny on the water slide with them. Could it be? Now there's someone that will help you get a cookbook on the shelves, Adam: Bethenny.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7

Carole has just announced her new co-writ....errrr....editor......err assistant. Yeah that's it.

492009668174023de9dd4807ed238c7a.jpgYeah they will have that new book ready before you know it. Lickity split. So to speak.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 5

Bikini-clad Carole Radziwill enjoys wet and wild holiday with toyboy Adam Kenworthy in the Bahamas

By CASSIE CARPENTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 12:58 EST, 13 January 2016 | UPDATED: 14:18 EST, 13 January 2016

-excerpt

According to Page Six - Radziwill, Bethenny Frankel, and Dorinda Medley have all signed new contracts for the eighth season of TRHONY, which premieres this spring.

However, LuAnn de Lesseps, Ramona Singer, and Sonja Morgan will all be downgraded to part-time while Heather Thomson announced her exit in September.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3397870/Bikini-clad-Carole-Radziwill-enjoys-wet-wild-holiday-toyboy-Adam-Kenworthy-Bahamas.html#ixzz3xHaMZg9C

Carole sure makes an ass of herself, LOL.

That last picture of Carole in the doctor's office is like something out of a horror movie. And Adam got ugly huh?

So she is STILL working on that book of essays? Okay Carole.

• Love 3

Why has M. Night Shyamalan only made one good movie?

VH1's top 100 one-hit wonders:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/fierystage/vh1s_100_greatest_one_hit_wonders/

I wonder how many of those performers are still traveling around, doing the one big hit in ever smaller venues? Stil, some great tunes there....

I just watched M. Night Shymalan's new movie The Visit and it was GREAT!

I didn't know anything about it when I watched it and trust me ---just go in knowing nothing and that's the way to watch it. I was really impressed!!!

I just watched M. Night Shymalan's new movie The Visit and it was GREAT!

I didn't know anything about it when I watched it and trust me ---just go in knowing nothing and that's the way to watch it. I was really impressed!!!

Good plot twist. I enjoyed it.

• Love 1

I recently finished What Remains. I can see why Carole is defensive about the book since it is very personal to her. I always heard people criticize the book saying she was more a book about Carolyn than Anthony. I think near the end it seemed that Anthony was closed off and in denial. I do think context is important this book came out in 2005 and before this book was released most of the press about Carolyn was really negative. This was the first book that portrayed her in a positive light. I wonder how much the negative press about Carolyn influenced Carole since Carolyn was really there.

• Love 1
(edited)

One thing I took away from her book was a comment she made about when you have nothing else your stories are currency in those social circles. I'm pretty sure that's one way she makes her way in the world and the latest is winning over Bethenny. But the main thing I remember seemed to be her husband, Anthony's denial of how sick he really was and he withheld his feelings. Carole has mentioned this too. That said, I'm sure he would have hated her making his ashes a storyline on a reality show and while it was oddly interesting it made me uncomfortable knowing how private he was about being sick.

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 1

I wonder if Margaret is jealous that Baby is allowed to live with their mama. I like Carole, but thought her excuse for keeping her dog in Californis was BS. I believe she said the city wasn't a place for happy dogs. Millions of NYC canines may disagree. And who goes out and gets a second dog when you've already put forward that story? I think she was nesting and Baby was theirs together. But Margaret could have been theirs, too.

• Love 7

I wonder if Margaret is jealous that Baby is allowed to live with their mama. I like Carole, but thought her excuse for keeping her dog in Californis was BS. I believe she said the city wasn't a place for happy dogs. Millions of NYC canines may disagree. And who goes out and gets a second dog when you've already put forward that story? I think she was nesting and Baby was theirs together. But Margaret could have been theirs, too.

I totally agree and it really bothers me. She's a fake, a fraud, and a dick to animals.

• Love 6

I totally agree and it really bothers me. She's a fake, a fraud, and a dick to animals.

She might be a fake and even a fraud, but I don't think we've seen anything on the show that makes her a dick to animals. I don't like throwing that kind of accusation around without any evidence of it. The situation might be weird, maybe even a bit selfish, but if both dogs are being provided for (and I've seen no evidence to the contrary), then I have no problem with her financing one dog in LA and then getting another, smaller one in NYC. If she can afford to have both taken care, then power to her.

The co-parenting with Baby is certainly unconventional (she has multiple owners...) but I've seen nothing that indicates she's being neglected or abused.

• Love 3

Maybe I'm over reacting but the pix of her sitting on bicycle handlebars holding the little dog with one hand whilst whatshisname peddles them through busy NYC traffic looks, to me, like an accident waiting to happen.

Plus those little guys can get squirmy.

Usually I'm either neutral or I kind of like Carol but those shots made me wince. As did the rent-a-dog scenario.

• Love 5

They weren't downgraded, were they?  

I didn't say she was abusive. I said she's a dick. There's a difference (at least in my opinion) not everyone who acts like a dick to something is abusing them.

I don't want to be misunderstood or in trouble for something that I thought I was clear on. I am a groomer so know the difference from someone who's a dick to their dog or people. And an abusive owner.

• Love 6

I used to like Carole a lot, but lately she's really been grating on me. She annoyed me last season by acting as though she was above everything to the point where I even found Ramona's jabs at her understandable. And now... ugh. The whole carefree hipster thing honestly bugs the hell out of me. It's so evident that she's trying to act like Adam's contemporary, riding on the handlebars of his bike, giggling like a teenager about everything, and it just strikes me as sad. She's trying to be something she no longer is and I want to feel bad for her but it's irritating as hell.

• Love 8

I don't really think that there's anything about Carole that has changed since she first got to this show. Back in season five (I think it was season five), she was accused of being "too cool for school" (a common citation was that music video she did with the second string Aerosmith guy where she was riding in the car with her foot on the dash). It was said then and since that she has this stoner-type personality. I don't see much how it's different now that she's dating Adam.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3

I read Carole's blog for the most recent episode and ugh, I've never seen someone try so hard to act like they don't care, while proving that they do. Her endless paragraphs of self-important crap speak for themselves. And she managed to slip in that she had sex with Adam two days prior to her lunch with Jules and Dorinda, because she wants everyone to know how happy she is with her 12 year old boyfriend, despite her obvious insecurities about her age and about the entire relationship... spare me. I can't believe I used to like her. What a disappointing, ass-licking, sanctimonious cretin. 

• Love 12

Regarding Carole's blog:  Carole, you're a writer.  Edit.  Edit.  Edit.  Too many words in an attempt to get your point across.  You belabored a lot the points you wanted to make.

Too bad.  I so enjoyed her first year blogs.  Housewife rule number.....

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/11/2016 at 6:19 PM, neatoburrito said:

I used to like Carole a lot, but lately she's really been grating on me. She annoyed me last season by acting as though she was above everything to the point where I even found Ramona's jabs at her understandable. And now... ugh. The whole carefree hipster thing honestly bugs the hell out of me. It's so evident that she's trying to act like Adam's contemporary, riding on the handlebars of his bike, giggling like a teenager about everything, and it just strikes me as sad. She's trying to be something she no longer is and I want to feel bad for her but it's irritating as hell.

Yes!!! I almost jumped through my screen when she got on a high horse about Luann bringing a hoola-hoop to that party. Really Carol, hypocrite much!? Like you, I used to really enjoy her -- now, she grates on every last one of my nerves. I also REALLY can't stand how far up Beth's ass she is. Beth is a terrible person, and Carol latching on to her speaks volumes.

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 8

A dishy, well written, and comprehensive overview of Lee's life for anyone interested (zoeysmom, you may enjoy. . . although you also may already by familiar). Anthony's dad was broke when he passed; thus, Anthony (and by extension Carole) boasted no money from that lineage. Lee lead the efforts to save the Beales. She and Jackie would likely not telegraph as "good people" -too competitive, cagey, and complex - but Lee's beauty and magnetism are evident even in still photographs. lhttp://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/04/jackie-kennedy-lee-radziwill-sisterhood 

• Love 3