Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Yolanda better watch out, next season Brandi will let us know how "everybody" is talking about Gigi's drug addiction problems.

Or Brandi will try to move in. Hanging out with young models with alcohol and coke? (Allegedly) That's Brandi's dream world, in her head!

• Love 9

Or Brandi will try to move in. Hanging out with young models with alcohol and coke? (Allegedly) That's Brandi's dream world, in her head!

LOL

If Brandi can find any way to move into the Foster's home you better believe she will.

• Love 10

Seriously?

There are cameras all around her, including another camera in the photo pointed right at her, and she just decided to snort some coke?  Yeah, I tend to believe Gigi's tweets about it.

i also thought, why would coke be out in the open like that?  But it's hidden behind the counter to the onlookers.  And she doesn't seem very aware of cameras.  It's hard to imagine any other reason why she would assume that position.  She's in an industry where coke & cigs are used to keep the weight off.  And she's not a stick figure like most models .

• Love 4

Well, I don't know what she's doing but it isn't a good look for her. Her response is very defensive, IMO. She launched into "your blog is shit", " your readers are stupid", and "I'm insulted" type responses. Who knows but I think if she was doing something innocent like, say, trying to fix a broken bracelet, why not just say that? (Or whatever else sounds better than spur of the moment insults)

It's almost like Yolanda's "she just had a glass of wine and then went to go put gas in her car". That's possible but it's not very believable. It just seems with all the money available to this whole family, in the entertainment field to boot, somebody would learn to call PR first and them earn their paycheck.

I mean I wouldn't want to have these things come out, true or not, but the public tends to respond better when you at least *try* when you are blowing smoke up their butt.

• Love 3

Where is the straw?

You don't actually need a straw or any type of funnel to get coke up your nose. It's just neater that way. But there also could be something between her fingers we can't see. 

Gigi seems like a nice girl, who has her shit together, but modeling is a crazy industry. Actually the entire entertainment industry is. But even if she was doing coke once at a party doesn't mean she's going to turn into a druggie. I can't tell what's going on in that photo but after reading the letter Yolanda wrote to Bella, if she at all suspects her daughter is doing drugs, I can't imagine her letting that go without a stern lecture. 

• Love 6

I don't know. I would guess if there is one, it would be in her hand? Or fell on the ground? Or many other logical conclusions.

It's her responses I questioned. She could have come back with something along the lines of "come on, my necklace broke!" Or "I was getting my phone out of my bag" or reaching for her towel or any one of many logical conclusions that have nothing to do with drugs, but she didn't. She went straight to insults.

I wasn't there. I have no idea what she is doing. I do feel there was a better way to react to this, though.

• Love 10

Seriously?

There are cameras all around her, including another camera in the photo pointed right at her, and she just decided to snort some coke?  Yeah, I tend to believe Gigi's tweets about it.

Why not? Just like Kim thinks she can fool the world with her claims of being sober for three years and Brandi thinks her shit don't stink.

People who do drugs are not thinking about how many cameras are around. If she is high, her clarity would not be up to par.  How many times have so-called friends or associates of well-known people have taken photos of their beloved friends doing questionable things such as doing drugs, and sold them to tabloids? Plenty.

Not at all saying Gigi is doing cocaine, simply responding to the idea that people who are snorting cocaine are going to ensure that they are not caught doing it because of cameras around.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

Why not? Just like Kim thinks she can fool the world with her claims of being sober for three years and Brandi thinks her shit don't stink.

People who do drugs are not thinking about how many cameras are around. How many times have so-called friends or associates of well-known people have taken photos of their beloved friends and sold them to tabloids? Plenty.

Not at all saying Gigi is doing cocaine, simply responding to the idea that people who are snorting cocaine are going to ensure that they are not caught doing it because of cameras around.

People do a lot of stupid shit with cameras in view thinking the people around them would *never* make the videos public.

And then there is the "I'm rich and teflon" thing.

• Love 8

Exactly. Weren't there photos of Bobbi Kristina doing cocaine? Kate Moss has been photographed doing cocaine. Whatever.  In this day and age, it is bizarre to think that people who snort cocaine are going to first look around before snorting, making sure no cameras are around. Their priority is that hit.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

I don't know. I would guess if there is one, it would be in her hand? Or fell on the ground? Or many other logical conclusions.

It's her responses I questioned. She could have come back with something along the lines of "come on, my necklace broke!" Or "I was getting my phone out of my bag" or reaching for her towel or any one of many logical conclusions that have nothing to do with drugs, but she didn't. She went straight to insults.

I wasn't there. I have no idea what she is doing. I do feel there was a better way to react to this, though.

It's funny because I was wondering what the explanation was.  I mean, it's pretty unusual to have your face planted on a counter.  She is dancing, seems carefree...maybe there is an innocent explanation like, "I was reaching on the floor for my purse."  But has she explained what she was doing?  I just read the "i'm a role model" bullshit.

And I guess I'm just skeptical because although she's skinny, she's not high fashion model skinny so it wouldn't surprise me if the pressure of being skinny (from her freaking mom!) is making her turn to coke.

• Love 8

Exactly. Weren't there photos of Bobbi Kristina doing cocaine? Kate Moss has been photographed doing cocaine. Whatever.  In this day and age, it is bizarre to think that people who snort cocaine are going to first look around before snorting, making sure no cameras are around. Their priority is that hit.

I would think that if she were aware of the cameras, she would have stopped doing her Elaine Bennis dance.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7

Does Gigi have her daily dose of stimulants and appetite suppressants in her Adderall and Ritalin prescriptions?  I don't know I just find it hard to believe she is attending college-seems she is modeling full time.

• Love 1

There's definitely powder-like substance on the counter, I can see it and you can see her not only bending over in th video but moving sideways, nose down. Come. On.

It's hard to come up with a scenario that doesn't involve coke.

Meanwhile, is it bad that I picture Yolanda being more upset with Gawker not knowing who Gigi is?  I picture her being okay with Gigi doing coke because it would keep her weight down and is "modelesque."  Like, getting busted for DUI is tacky and, worst of all, fattening.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5

Just spent a few minutes looking at Gigi and Bella's instagrams.  They're enjoying their independence (understatement) and look like the world is their oyster.  I hope they don't fuck it up.  I'd like to think if I had their health, wealth, beauty and opportunities, I wouldn't fuck it up.  Jelly.

I don't think Gigi is still in school.  I wonder if Bella is.

• Love 4

Yo made a big stink about Bella's DUI but not one word about Gigi? Kinda telling that Yo isn't the one on social media trying to defend her kid. Is Mohammad an absent father? I wouldn't think he would be too excited that his kids are going down the wrong path.

There are more inconspicuous and convenient ways to do coke in public, such as using one's fingernail or a device to do a hit, so it doesn't make much sense that GiGi would be so brazen as to just lay out some lines and snort up like it's Studio 54 circa '78. Though, it's certainly not beyond the realm, so who knows?

Edited by jaync

Yo made a big stink about Bella's DUI but not one word about Gigi? Kinda telling that Yo isn't the one on social media trying to defend her kid. Is Mohammad an absent father? I wouldn't think he would be too excited that his kids are going down the wrong path.

Yolanda's letter to Bella became public because someone sold it to the tabloids. She addressed it on the show as a youthful mistake and if the letter hadn't become public, that would have been all there was - no big stink just the family handling it privately after acknowledging it. In this case, since it didn't happen on the show, there is no reason for Yolanda to take to the internet or address it on the show. So, it makes much more sense for her to ignore it on Social Media. To defend it on Social Media would be to give it credence. I would be willing to bet that Mohammad and David Foster feel the same way.

• Love 1

Is anyone tuning into the new reality show featuring the King's daughters? I keep hearing the radio ads during my commute and so far I'm maybe 5% interested :/

Avaleigh - Thanks for posting the photo. I remember someone posting a link to that photo on the old board. You can really see how she has a beautiful smile, but she marred it with that hideous lip implant.

• Love 2

I've always like Yolanda, ever since her first appearance on the show. If I'm honest, the thing that really endeared me to her was her saying "Who is Adrienne Maloof in this world?"  I like her practical, outspoken yet caring nature. 

Now that being said, I think she and Lisa VP are serious frenemies.  Lisa is very good friends with her ex-husband, and I think that really rubs Yolanda the wrong way.  She managed to hide that initally, IMO, but then in time it came to light.  She completely bad mouthed her in Paris to Kyle and Kim, saying  Lisa was "full of shit" and wasn't really concerned about Kim.  Then she denied it at the reunion (which left me scratching my head, like "did I imagine that scene?") to appear as if she's on Lisa's side versus the Richard sisters. 

Then her true feelings came out with the kerfuffle with Ken at a party, which she (and Brandi) exaggerated, and implied that he asaulted her. 

Now while her motives may be pure, I think her friendship with Brandi is a way of her trying to make Lisa look bad, and  show that SHE (Yolanda) is the type of person who is loyal, and ride-or-die, while Lisa is fickle and drops people when she no longer has any use for them.  That is the only reason I can see her still being friends with Brandi.  I mean Brandi intimated that people were saying her daughter,Bella, is an alcoholic, which is untrue. Brandi acted inappropriately at a dinner with some of her King's colleagues. Brandi has physically assaulted two people, unprovoked. 

The true Yolanda would have been like "Ain't nobody got time for that", but this current incarnation posts quotes on Twitter such as "Those who act out the most, need the most hugs" on the night of the episode where Brandi made the Bella comment, and makes the statement that Brandi has been dropped like trash by so many, and she refuses to be one of those people.

Now I may be totally off base on my theory, and her motives may be purely friendship, but I just get this feeling.....

• Love 8

I remember very little from last season.  Brandi has been there for Yolanda with her Lyme.  I am not sure what that looked like but Yolanda was grateful.  Yolanda  was hurt LisaVP never called or visited her.   I think her friendship with Brandi is about helping her, being the mother figure.  Why?  My guess is a combo of keeping things cool with her and caring to some degree.  

• Love 3

I remember very little from last season.  Brandi has been there for Yolanda with her Lyme.  I am not sure what that looked like but Yolanda was grateful.  Yolanda  was hurt LisaVP never called or visited her.   I think her friendship with Brandi is about helping her, being the mother figure.  Why?  My guess is a combo of keeping things cool with her and caring to some degree.  

But Lisa did call/visit her, Yolanda had to admit to that at the last reunion!  Now, Yolanda says that she and Brandi do not speak or see each other after filming ends, so who is the "Hollywood friend" this time? Oh, and Yolanda was all over Lisa about "mothering" Brandi last season but it is ok for her to do it this season? LOL

• Love 6

Hmmm, that could be it wings707.  I didn't think of that .    I remember when Yo complained about Lisa not being there for her as much as she would have liked, but can't remember if that was before or after the girls pretty much all turned on Lisa last season. If it was after, then I can understand Lisa not wanting to spend time with her. (And not inviting her to the Palm Springs (?) walk of fame celebration which Yo just couldn't let go of early in the season.)

I just remember back to the Yo that said she chased an intruder who broke into her house while she was alone at home with her baby.  To me that shows a lot of courage, and she went all out to protect her child and herself.  So for Brandi to make that statment about Bella and Yo not get pissed off about it just doesn't make sense to me. Yo seems like the type who would cut a bitch for messing with her kids. 

Edited by LNDNgirl
  • Love 2

Hmmm, that could be it wings707.  I didn't think of that .    I remember when Yo complained about Lisa not being there for her as much as she would have liked, but can't remember if that was before or after the girls pretty much all turned on Lisa last season. If it was after, then I can understand Lisa not wanting to spend time with her. (And not inviting her to the Palm Springs (?) walk of fame celebration which Yo just couldn't let go of early in the season.)

I just remember back to the Yo that said she chased an intruder who broke into her house while she was alone at home with her baby.  To me that shows a lot of courage, and she went all out to protect her child and herself.  So for Brandi to make that statment about Bella and Yo not get pissed off about it just doesn't make sense to me. Yo seems like the type who would cut a bitch for messing with her kids. 

I think that Yolanda realized from watching how Brandi interacted with Lisa that the best way to deal with Brandi is not to react. Or at least not react the way Brandi wants. Brandi wants people to be shocked or horrified or angry or mothering. So, when she made that alcoholic remark about Bella, Yolanda didn't immediately ask who has been saying these things, or get angry or anything like that. Instead, she just calmly said she was trying to help Brandi and there was no need to bring her children into it. And it worked, Brandi immediately started trying to explain herself rather than sitting back and watching her deflection do it's work. 

I thought that was a brilliant move on her part. She knew the best way to keep Brandi's mouth from doing further damage to the situation with Bella was to not react to it but to respond calmly. She reminds me of the way Eileen has been dealing with her since she came on the scene. No yelling or screaming or getting defensive. Just rolling her eyes and responding calmly.

• Love 5

I think that Yolanda realized from watching how Brandi interacted with Lisa that the best way to deal with Brandi is not to react. Or at least not react the way Brandi wants. Brandi wants people to be shocked or horrified or angry or mothering. So, when she made that alcoholic remark about Bella, Yolanda didn't immediately ask who has been saying these things, or get angry or anything like that. Instead, she just calmly said she was trying to help Brandi and there was no need to bring her children into it. And it worked, Brandi immediately started trying to explain herself rather than sitting back and watching her deflection do it's work. 

I thought that was a brilliant move on her part. She knew the best way to keep Brandi's mouth from doing further damage to the situation with Bella was to not react to it but to respond calmly. She reminds me of the way Eileen has been dealing with her since she came on the scene. No yelling or screaming or getting defensive. Just rolling her eyes and responding calmly.

IMO, what stopped Brandi from going any further was Yolanda immediately saying "What, so now you attack me"! Brandi saw that Yolanda was ready to walk away from her forever for using Bella's DUI on the show to explain her own drinking issues. Brandi did a lot of back peddling in a matter of minutes and low and behold, the next thing we hear is that Brandi is doing an alcohol/sugar free cleanse as penance. LOL

• Love 8

EXACTLY!   

• Love 1

I googled Lyme disease and brain damage.  I read several articles and it is frightening.  We know that her brain has been effected as she has talked about her failing memory and inability to stay focused enough to even watch episodes of this show.  Mood swings, hair trigger anger and personality changes are among other symptoms.  I wonder if she will be part of next season.  That is a decision she cannot make now but maybe when it is upon her.  

I am going to cut her some slack for her ineffective cliches and fortune cookie advice she spouts.  I am not sure she can talk more in depth about much. 

I didn't like her at first, then I warmed to her and now I feel neutral.  She is elegant and operates with grace and that is worth a pat on the back with this crowd.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I googled Lyme disease and brain damage.  I read several articles and it is frightening.  We know that her brain has been effected as she has talked about her failing memory and inability to stay focused enough to even watch episodes of this show.  Mood swings, hair trigger anger and personality changes are among other symptoms.  I wonder if she will be part of next season.  That is a decision she cannot make now but maybe when it is upon her.  

I am going to cut her some slack for her ineffective cliches and fortune cookie advice she spouts.  I am not sure she can talk more in depth about much. 

I didn't like her at first, then I warmed to her and now I feel neutral.  She is elegant and operates with grace and that is worth a pat on the back with this crowd.  

I don't think it is looking good for her these days.  She is tweeting she was able to get out of bed to bathe and shave her legs.

I don't think it is looking good for her these days.  She is tweeting she was able to get out of bed to bathe and shave her legs.

Yes, this does not sound good at all.  I wonder what the future holds for her marriage.  The articles talked about how difficult it was to maintain a relationship with the personality changes and anger.  This may not happen to her, got that.  Just wondering because I wonder about things all the time!  

How did Yolanda and David meet? It seems like someone like David could have anyone he wants. Not to disparage Yolanda, but don't people like David Foster typically date people half Yolanda's age (and half her brain cells)?

David was hanging out at Mohamed's house between marriages and Yolanda passed by...

Yes, really.

• Love 5

Or maybe she has Alzheimer's.

• Love 2

I read some blind item that intimated that Yolanda was a yacht girl but given the source I wasn't sure. I figured some people from here would know. That is a strange story. So she was still married?

No sorry, they were all unmarried. David and Mo were friends and David just got to know Yo through him.

eta: That's the story Yolanda told when she started the show. Now I need to know what a "yacht girl" is. I can guess :^P

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 2

I was very sad to learn that Yolanda has suffered a setback in her fight against Lyme disease, especially when she's done so much to publicize the disease and draw attention to finding a cure.  I want to send her a card or a note, but I have no address for her.  I know that she intended to move, but that's it.  Does anyone have any idea for how to get in touch with her?  With all the great minds on this board, I thought maybe someone had an idea.   If so, THANK YOU!

• Love 2

I just rewatched the episode with Yo's mom and holy cow, Gigi does look just like her! Until now I had assumed Gigi (who is stunningly beautiful) had Yo's light features and Mo's exotic everything else? But damn if she isn't grandma 2.0! Facial wise at least.

• Love 3

I was very sad to learn that Yolanda has suffered a setback in her fight against Lyme disease, especially when she's done so much to publicize the disease and draw attention to finding a cure.  I want to send her a card or a note, but I have no address for her.  I know that she intended to move, but that's it.  Does anyone have any idea for how to get in touch with her?  With all the great minds on this board, I thought maybe someone had an idea.   If so, THANK YOU!

Twitter is the easiest way to reach her. Joining twitter is easy and Yolanda gets a lot of well wishes that way.

• Love 3

Wire Wrap, good idea.  I already belong to Twitter.  I wanted the card to be a little more personal, but if I can't find an address, I'll rely on Twitter to do the job.  I create my own homemade cards and thought she might get a kick out of receiving one.  I have six to make in the next three weeks, so maybe I'll leave it to Twitter after all.  Thanks for reminding me about Twitter. :)

Wire Wrap, good idea.  I already belong to Twitter.  I wanted the card to be a little more personal, but if I can't find an address, I'll rely on Twitter to do the job.  I create my own homemade cards and thought she might get a kick out of receiving one.  I have six to make in the next three weeks, so maybe I'll leave it to Twitter after all.  Thanks for reminding me about Twitter. :)

Take a picture of it and tweet it to her.  I am sure she will love it.

• Love 3

I just rewatched the episode with Yo's mom and holy cow, Gigi does look just like her! Until now I had assumed Gigi (who is stunningly beautiful) had Yo's light features and Mo's exotic everything else? But damn if she isn't grandma 2.0! Facial wise at least.

She really is. Mo, to me, doesn't look exotic at all. And neither does Gigi really. She looks exactly like Yo's mom! That family has some excellent genetics, everyone is super gorgeous. Rich and beautiful! I have to say for all that, Yo's kids don't come off as spoiled or entitled. They may just hide it well, and Bella's DUI wasn't a great sign, but they appear to be decent kids. 

• Love 7