Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Just read the interview with the King posted in the media thread. I have a question, if Yolanda isn't doing that great, and she can't read, write, or watch TV anymore, how is she able to constantly tweet all that stuff about Gigi and Bella, along with the self help sayings? 

• Love 7

Just read the interview with the King posted in the media thread. I have a question, if Yolanda isn't doing that great, and she can't read, write, or watch TV anymore, how is she able to constantly tweet all that stuff about Gigi and Bella, along with the self help sayings? 

I swear, Yolanda and David really believe that we are all stupid with a capitol S! Say/claim 1 thing then do the opposite! LOL

• Love 2

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if most of the women have someone - even on a part time basis- to monitor, respond, and find relevant things to post on their behalf. Sure they probably do a lot of of their own posting, but considering I used to get paid to tweet and post things to Facebook for small business owners and many not at all famous/busy people, I wouldn't be surprised if a HW had some help with the Social Media part of their jobs.

There's a scene in one of the episodes this season when Yolanda and Bella are filming in New York. They're out and about and they see a bus go by with Gigi on it. Maybe it's from her Guess campaign. Anyway, the moment Yolanda sees the bus she freaks out and starts pointing and getting all excited saying "Oh, look! It's Gigi on the bus! Gigi on the bus!" It was cute in a way but also a little...you know.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 5

There's a scene in one of the episodes this season when Yolanda and Bella are filming in New York. They're out and about and they see a bus go by with Gigi on it. Maybe it's from her Guess campaign. Anyway, the moment Yolanda sees the bus she freaks out and starts pointing and getting all excited saying "Oh, look! It's Gigi on the bus! Gigi on the bus!" It was cute in a way but also a little...you know.

Thank you Avaleigh , now have some of my snack pack pudding my mom packed.

• Love 3

Not very good news for Yolanda.  She and David struggle with her Lyme's disease.  I am predicting the Reunion will film in about 2-3 weeks-doubtful Yolanda will be there,  and in all honesty she checked out before Christmas.  Wishing her better health.  http://www.realitytea.com/2015/02/09/david-foster-struggles-support-yolanda-foster-battle-lyme-disease/

It always strikes me that David just can't hide the fact that "Yes, Yolanda is a burden!"  Lol.  

• Love 9

Not very good news for Yolanda.  She and David struggle with her Lyme's disease.  I am predicting the Reunion will film in about 2-3 weeks-doubtful Yolanda will be there,  and in all honesty she checked out before Christmas.  Wishing her better health.  http://www.realitytea.com/2015/02/09/david-foster-struggles-support-yolanda-foster-battle-lyme-disease/

"“My wife loves a love note more than she loves a piece of jewelry,” David shared. “It is actually harder to do a love note than a piece of jewelry because I got to, like, sit down and really think about what I’m writing.”"

What a shit for brains.  It's what you do, dude.  You write.  Love songs.  How hard can that be for you?  It's not like you've got to write music to go a long with it.

• Love 13

"“My wife loves a love note more than she loves a piece of jewelry,” David shared. “It is actually harder to do a love note than a piece of jewelry because I got to, like, sit down and really think about what I’m writing.”"

What a shit for brains.  It's what you do, dude.  You write.  Love songs.  How hard can that be for you?  It's not like you've got to write music to go a long with it.

I bet he starts writing a love note to Yo  and then realizes he could make more money from it if he turns it into a lyric and sets it to music.

Sorry Yo, but Malibu mansions, private jets, and sick wives cost.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 5

I think it's time for her to step away from this show and concentrate on her health, her family, etc. She's not getting the lifestyle show she had hoped for by doing RHoBH, so she needs to accept the fact that it's time to step down. Praying for the best outcome.

• Love 4

I really like Yolanda, which is pretty strange given her whole 50's "man is KING" routine, because that is so not me.

I believe that she is ill, and I do think it's the Lyme.  I hope they find something else to help her.

• Love 2

Why is she even on the show anymore? I like her, don't get me wrong, but she's never at any of the group things and all of her clips are her going off by herself or having Brandi over.  She contributes nothing to the show anymore.

• Love 4

I just heard an interesting rumor that the King is definitely straying and he's been keeping company with Jennifer Hudson. Before anyone clutches their pearls, it's not unbelievable that JHud would hook up with a married man, especially one with long-standing industry connections.

But again, rumors.

JHud is so different from his type I can't imagine they're doing anything together besides making music.

• Love 3

Wow, I'm not surprised Gigi was in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, but this one?  A Vogue cover?  Yolanda must be beaming.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/gigi-hadid-lands-her-first-vogue-cover

Not to diminish the success she's achieved - which has been overwhelming considering the relative brevity of her career so far - but this isn't the coup that an American Vogue or Vogue Paris cover would be. Those and Vogue Italia are the gold standards of the brand. Most of the other national editions actually just reuse a lot of the editorial content originally published in those three editions. The photographers contracted with the other countries are not necessarily the major players in the industry.

Still, she appears with more regularity than the vast majority of working models in American Vogue in some capacity. But, if I were her or Yo, I'd be more excited about the Tom Ford campaign and some other projects - like anytime she's sat for Meisel - that she's already done than Vogue Spain.

She also got one or more covers (I think there might be a couple of variations on stands) of the March Teen Vogue.

Edited by lunastartron

I think Gigi is the real deal when it comes to modeling. I honestly think that she could have made it on her own without her mother's help it just wouldn't have been as fast.

Bella is a very pretty young lady but I'm not as convinced that she'd have as many opportunities as she's had were it not for the influence of her family and I'm including her sister in this.  

• Love 1

I think Gigi is the real deal when it comes to modeling. I honestly think that she could have made it on her own without her mother's help it just wouldn't have been as fast.

Bella is a very pretty young lady but I'm not as convinced that she'd have as many opportunities as she's had were it not for the influence of her family and I'm including her sister in this.

Agreed. I follow her on Instagram and have had several guyfriends who had *no* idea who she was comment on her gorgeousness when I showed them her pics.

I think she's such a unique combination of Yo's/Mo's distinctive European glam mixed with typically California/American girl good looks, which will serve her well in today's ultra-competitive modeling industry. Plus, her body is just sick.

She is indeed "a better version" of Yolanda, and she definitely has a more distinctive and versatile look than her celebutante modeling buddy, Kendal Jenner. She can go from high fashion/avante'gard to commercial modeling beautifully, which is the trademark of most top fashion models. And she's still only 19 or 20, so something tells me she'll grow out of her go-to 'open mouth/vacant stare' pose she's known for using/abusing so often.

• Love 2

Agreed. I follow her on Instagram and have had several guyfriends who had *no* idea who she was comment on her gorgeousness when I showed them her pics.

I think she's such a unique combination of Yo's/Mo's distinctive European glam mixed with typically California/American girl good looks, which will serve her well in today's ultra-competitive modeling industry. Plus, her body is just sick.

She is indeed "a better version" of Yolanda, and she definitely has a more distinctive and versatile look than her celebutante modeling buddy, Kendal Jenner. She can go from high fashion/avante'gard to commercial modeling beautifully, which is the trademark of most top fashion models. And she's still only 19 or 20, so something tells me she'll grow out of her go-to 'open mouth/vacant stare' pose she's known for using/abusing so often.

Her and Kendall get the same criticism about using a stock pose .They are both young and variety will come with experience .i do think Kendall has the better walk of the two at the minute as she showed in the Wang show tonight. They - as GiGi pointed out - are not really in direct competition as they have a different look and body type.Kendall and Bella would be more likely to be up for the same jobs though Kendall has the height over her .Bella and Hailey Baldwin are the other two on Katie Grands American Celebutante list and they are all in her magazine this time round .

Will be interested to see if Bella gets her breakthrough on the runway during this fashion week(s) and where she walks.

GiGi and Kendall were out signing copies of their LOVE covers for charity tonight at Marc Jacobs .

tumblr_njsed3jsBn1tqq2cuo1_1280.jpg

This is hell in a hand basket territory but I think Yolanda also could be motivated by trying to keep her man through sympathy and also trying to use her health as an excuse to not get eviscerated by Brandi publicly , Yolanda may have a health issue but I see other poss motivations. YMMV.

Lyme is a bitch, I had it. You'd think I'd be more sympathetic, maybe it's just this deep freeze and never ending snow...sigh.

Could be? But DF just seems like the wrong man to try that on. He seems incredibly unsympathetic to Yo at times.

Hey, I get annoyed when my husband has a cold and acts like a big baby.But, I know It's just a cold and he needs to calm down ;)

David drips of disdain at how his ill wife is interrupting his perfect life.

Yo is not my fav but I wish her well. And hope her jerk of a husband is better to her than it sounds when he gives interviews. I really dislike DF.

I wish Yo would stop traveling so much. I'm a healthy person and traveling can exhaust me.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

PR team is probably doing all the writing keeping her girls in the news as the new "it" girls. I give them a good 5 years tops in modeling. Neither one will have a long career.

I just heard an interesting rumor that the King is definitely straying and he's been keeping company with Jennifer Hudson. Before anyone clutches their pearls, it's not unbelievable that JHud would hook up with a married man, especially one with long-standing industry connections.

But again, rumors.

I sure hope this is not true. I wouldn't want Jennifer tarnishing her career over the King. 

The excess is gross. That said, with all the atrocities in the world, it's hard to feel bad for millionaires who have to deal with somewhat obstructed views and temporary noise. Boohoo, there's a neighborhood alliance opposing Gigamansions as they watch from their own 10-20,000 sq ft homes. People don't have enough food to eat and don't know when their next paycheck is coming from. I really don't feel bad for the entertainment lawyer, wealthy mom video vigilante and former tickemaster CEO. Give me a break.

The danger element is the only thing that is concerning and it's just awful about the two innocent police officers.

• Love 3

Yo's daughters at fashion week:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6689952

The press seems to love them.

Gigi was a guest on Fashion Police last night.

http://youtu.be/M9Ww9vTFPPY

24:00 onwards

And she has walked once so far - for Tommy Hillfiger .Bella hasn't made her debut yet .Good chance Gigi at least will walk for Marc Jacobs before the show rolls on to Europe where I think they will pick up a few shows .

HIL_0707.jpg

Gigi and Bella are beautiful and make Kendall Jenner look like an ugly duckling.  I just hope they don't follow in their mom's footsteps by ruining their faces with plastic surgery and botox...

Yolanda is probably ingesting some very nasty stuff in all those unregulated supplements. Heavy metals, who knows what? No wonder she is sick, fuck!

I  thought the exact same thing about her "vitamins." What if she stopped them and gave her body a rest it might be why she has brain fog.

• Love 3

Yes, I posted in the show thread, that I wanted to gag at the sight of her vitamins.

She is wealthy and has access to the best of everything, including medical DR's. She needs to stay home and take care of herself.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

Yo wins MVP for recognizing she was an ass last year with her dream team debacle. Somehow the housewives can always find justification for their actions ,so I'm glad she didn't try to explain it away. I also liked the way she approached Kim, no judgement just support. Now if she would lay off the vitamins from around the globe that would help.

• Love 5

Yo wins MVP for recognizing she was an ass last year with her dream team debacle. Somehow the housewives can always find justification for their actions ,so I'm glad she didn't try to explain it away. I also liked the way she approached Kim, no judgement just support. Now if she would lay off the vitamins from around the globe that would help.

I agree a great big old Bravo for cleaning up that mess from last year.  Unfortunately Joyce wasn't around to realize it.  She has always had a soft spot for Kimmie.

• Love 2

Re Yolanda and her cleanse - I have extensive experience with Lyme Disease. The conventional treatment is doxycycline and an anti-inflammatory. For some reason, Yolanda doesn't seem to have joint issues so she may not be on an anti-inflammatory, so, let's say she's on doxycycline. It's a nasty drug. It comes with instructions to remain upright for at least 20 minutes after taking it so it doesn't burn your esophagus, from my experience and everyone I know who has taken it, it's hard on your stomach. You already feel a little flu-y from the Lyme and adjusting to the doxy nausea. Now you throw in an acidity lemon cleanse. Huh? Why would you do that? I know she's seeking out unconventional treatments, but, hopefully at some point, so was, is, or will be on doxy.

• Love 2

I think her first attempts were all mainstream.  She was on AB and IV AB several times for several months.

I don't know what the heck she is doing now, but herbs ARE medicine, they DO interact, and they are not governed, or even, if you see the links above, even what they say they are.

I can't imagine a doctor treating her while she's taking all that crap.

• Love 2

I think her first attempts were all mainstream.  She was on AB and IV AB several times for several months.

I don't know what the heck she is doing now, but herbs ARE medicine, they DO interact, and they are not governed, or even, if you see the links above, even what they say they are.

I can't imagine a doctor treating her while she's taking all that crap.

She doctor shops so who knows what she is taking.

• Love 2

Re Yolanda and her cleanse - I have extensive experience with Lyme Disease. The conventional treatment is doxycycline and an anti-inflammatory. For some reason, Yolanda doesn't seem to have joint issues so she may not be on an anti-inflammatory, so, let's say she's on doxycycline. It's a nasty drug. It comes with instructions to remain upright for at least 20 minutes after taking it so it doesn't burn your esophagus, from my experience and everyone I know who has taken it, it's hard on your stomach. You already feel a little flu-y from the Lyme and adjusting to the doxy nausea. Now you throw in an acidity lemon cleanse. Huh? Why would you do that? I know she's seeking out unconventional treatments, but, hopefully at some point, so was, is, or will be on doxy.

Poor Yo. I absolutely could not tolerate taking doxycycline -- the stuff makes me so nauseated and miserable and I fear drinking too many liquids on the stuff bc I end up puking. I lost too much weight and was ill with flu and congestion for 4 weeks a year ago last January. I can only imagine if that being the conventional way to treat Lymes I would go to almost any length for an alternative treatment. Watching her swallow all those supplements the other night made me want to gag! I don't know what her treatment options are but so far: lemon cleansing, doxycycline, and bags of supplements all turn u stomach and turn me off! Can she not try something integrative using a combination of traditional and alternative therapy with a nutritional base of leafy greens and fish oil green drinks that she can prepare at home with a vitamix? I do feel really bad for her and I hope she is able to recover and get well and find a better long term treatment solution.

Gigi was a guest on Fashion Police last night.

http://youtu.be/M9Ww9vTFPPY

24:00 onwards

And she has walked once so far - for Tommy Hillfiger .Bella hasn't made her debut yet .Good chance Gigi at least will walk for Marc Jacobs before the show rolls on to Europe where I think they will pick up a few shows .

HIL_0707.jpg

I just watched this.

I didn't realize GiGi modeled as a kid. Man,Yo was determined.

I think it is so odd that Yo a wealthy woman that can have her children do anything. Why would you want to schlep them around to auditions and photo shoots. Yo knows what a terrible industry modeling is why throw your children into it.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

I can't help of think of The Golden Girls episode of Dorothy and Rose trying to write a song about Miami.

"Yolanda you're cuter than an intrauterine."

I can't help it I think Gigi is just gorgeous. She reminds me of models from the late 70s and 80s. I love looking at her face but I do find her prettier in print than in motion. On Fashion Police, I thought she looked a bit like Kate Hudson with too much shading and contrast. 

I just watched this.

I didn't realize GiGi modeled as a kid. Man,Yo was determined.

I think it is so odd that Yo a wealthy woman that can have her children do anything. Why would you want to schlep them around to auditions and photo shoots. Yo knows what a terrible industry modeling is why throw your children into it.

Remember Yo is a wealthy woman via marriage. She probably made some bank in her youth as a model when she started supporting her family practically in utero but nowhere near to support the level at which she lives now. Yo is probably aware that this is a decent avenue to potentially make millions without having to marry into it, although I am sure she wants that for them too. Modeling opens up a whole new international world of the monied millionaires and billionaires, celebs and business moguls alike. Would she have met Muhammed if not for her modeling? Also, he probably wouldn't be interested if not for her modeling. So she is just baiting the hook twice. Being a beautiful woman never hurts but having the validation of being a sought after top tier model takes them to another level - trophy level. She is aware that a lot of men at a certain level want to be able to say they wifed a supermodel. Shallow but true. She is steering them towards a hopefully lucrative modeling career and towards their own future Kings. LOL!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 3

I never got the impression that Yo had a bad experience modeling. So if her kids are good at it, and she is able to be right there by their side to guide them, why not? Hell, I know plenty of women in my hometown who schlep their kids around to auditions and photo shoots. Why is it acceptable for them to do it but not someone who knows the business? And the girls seem to enjoy it and are successful. So again, I don't see why when a farm girl from Kansas lands on a cover it's celebrated but somehow when Yo's kids do it there is some sinister evil behind it all.

And i think she was pretty calm. If my mom ever saw my head on a bus she would have been running around that park screaming with excitement.

I don't know, I think she tries a bit too hard sometimes, but I just like Yo.

• Love 4