Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

I read a post on Deuxmoi that someone says she heard the name of Gigi's baby. The poster said she won't say the name, but it's one of her favorite scents. If true, than could it be Lavender? That's my best guess as I know that Yolanda grows Lavender on her farm and actually makes her own essential oils out of it.

Of course keeping in mind that anyone could say anything on Deuxmoi.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I read a post on Deuxmoi that someone says she heard the name of Gigi's baby. The poster said she won't say the name, but it's one of her favorite scents. If true, than could it be Lavender? That's my best guess as I know that Yolanda grows Lavender on her farm and actually makes her own essential oils out of it.

Of course keeping in mind that anyone could say anything on Deuxmoi.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the name made some reference to their country home - they seem happy there. But there’s also this:

https://www.byrdie.com/celebrity-favorite-perfume

“Though she's been the face of Tom Ford Velvet Orchid ($180), and she's currently the ultimate Tommy Girl with Tommy Hilfiger The Girl ($45), (both of which she's confessed she adores), Gigi Hadid spilled to Refinery 29 that she also loves Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia ($70).”

Gioia means happiness. Gigi and Gioia go nicely together.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the name made some reference to their country home - they seem happy there. But there’s also this:

https://www.byrdie.com/celebrity-favorite-perfume

“Though she's been the face of Tom Ford Velvet Orchid ($180), and she's currently the ultimate Tommy Girl with Tommy Hilfiger The Girl ($45), (both of which she's confessed she adores), Gigi Hadid spilled to Refinery 29 that she also loves Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia ($70).”

I like your guess better than mine!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

Gigi's birth name is Jelena Noura. Those names mean "beautiful light, torch" and "divine light."

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, suomi said:

Gigi's birth name is Jelena Noura. Those names mean "beautiful light, torch" and "divine light."

I like Jelena, but don’t think she ever uses it. Since Yolanda chose names with special meanings, I’ll bet Gigi did too.

• Love 6
On 10/19/2020 at 1:54 PM, suomi said:

I don't follow Yolanda family news much, but for what it's worth, I like the name.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, suomi said:

I like! (Gigi rests easy tonight knowing that suomi approves).

At first glance, Not Gigi resembles her paternal grandmother.

I like it too! Thought there might be a tribute to Yolanda’s mother, Ans, or Zayn’s grandmother who passed recently - but I had the wrong grandmother. Not sure about a middle name, Hadid or otherwise.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

I feel guilty about picking on Yoli after listening to a guy share his experience with Lyme disease.

The longer it takes to diagnose the worse the case will eventually be. (I know from experience that this is true with staph infection as well. Think of your veins as streets with the bacteria hiding in potholes while the antibiotic medication travels smoothly along the surface of the streets, not realizing that potholes exist let alone that they are concealing the threat).

Think of the Lyme bacteria as laying eggs which remain dormant while awaiting a signal to come active. The eggs hide in your central nervous system while awaiting that signal and a lot of damage is done to the CNS during the dormant stage.

He said the brain fog and speech difficulty are beyond belief when you previously were healthy. One day he was driving and had to pull over because he suddenly lost all comprehension of what a car is, how to drive it, and who he was and what he was. This happened when he was thought to be well into recovery. He said the mental and emotional damage are often more devastating than the physical damage.

Lyme was "discovered" during the 20th century but it has been around for 60,000 years. And the proper name  "deer ticks" is a misnomer when it comes to Lyme because horses, cattle, mice, chipmunks, squirrels, possums, raccoons and household pets harbor these ticks. 

Yoli for sure went overboard in some of the avenues she traveled looking for remedies but now I understand why she reacted like she did.  

• Useful 2
On 2/5/2021 at 1:53 AM, suomi said:

I feel guilty about picking on Yoli after listening to a guy share his experience with Lyme disease.

The longer it takes to diagnose the worse the case will eventually be. (I know from experience that this is true with staph infection as well. Think of your veins as streets with the bacteria hiding in potholes while the antibiotic medication travels smoothly along the surface of the streets, not realizing that potholes exist let alone that they are concealing the threat).

Think of the Lyme bacteria as laying eggs which remain dormant while awaiting a signal to come active. The eggs hide in your central nervous system while awaiting that signal and a lot of damage is done to the CNS during the dormant stage.

He said the brain fog and speech difficulty are beyond belief when you previously were healthy. One day he was driving and had to pull over because he suddenly lost all comprehension of what a car is, how to drive it, and who he was and what he was. This happened when he was thought to be well into recovery. He said the mental and emotional damage are often more devastating than the physical damage.

Lyme was "discovered" during the 20th century but it has been around for 60,000 years. And the proper name  "deer ticks" is a misnomer when it comes to Lyme because horses, cattle, mice, chipmunks, squirrels, possums, raccoons and household pets harbor these ticks. 

Yoli for sure went overboard in some of the avenues she traveled looking for remedies but now I understand why she reacted like she did.  

It's not that I dismiss Lyme disease, it's that I'm unsure she ever had it. A lot of her symptoms, if I'm remembering correctly, cleared up after she had her leaking breast implants removed. And then I think she said two of her three children had it as well. It's not contagious.

I don't know, I think she was genuinly ill, they couldn't find out what was wrong with her, her symptoms pointed to Lyme, which made sense because she is an outdoorsy person, and it's difficult to definitively diagnose. She was very invested in being holistic, and when she eventually had her implants removed, she got better, but didn't want to admit it was her boob job that was the ultimate culprit, rather than a factor in her illness. At that point she'd invested too much of her public persona into it to back out. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It's not that I dismiss Lyme disease, it's that I'm unsure she ever had it. A lot of her symptoms, if I'm remembering correctly, cleared up after she had her leaking breast implants removed. And then I think she said two of her three children had it as well. It's not contagious.

I don't know, I think she was genuinly ill, they couldn't find out what was wrong with her, her symptoms pointed to Lyme, which made sense because she is an outdoorsy person, and it's difficult to definitively diagnose. She was very invested in being holistic, and when she eventually had her implants removed, she got better, but didn't want to admit it was her boob job that was the ultimate culprit, rather than a factor in her illness. At that point she'd invested too much of her public persona into it to back out. 

Didn't she also end up with numerous parasites from some of the experimental herb supplements and treatments she tried? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

This is how I felt. I think at one point she was genuinely ill but I also think she dragged it out much longer than was reality, refused to admit it might have been the result of her leaking implants, and was so hell bent on finding a "miraculous, holistic cure" that it became her narrative. I think some of her journey was real but the majority of it was not.

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 6
On 2/7/2021 at 10:37 AM, emma675 said:

This is how I felt. I think at one point she was genuinely ill but I also think she dragged it out much longer than was reality, refused to admit it might have been the result of her leaking implants, and was so hell bent on finding a "miraculous, holistic cure" that it became her narrative. I think some of her journey was real but the majority of it was not.

Not to mention that she used it to go after LVP by implying she started the whole "Haushen-Maushen" non-sense and accused her for not visiting or checking in with her and then got her stupid ass shut down when LVP brought the receipts.

I think Yo used it to deflect from her unhappy marriage. Outside of that, what else did she have going on besides pimping out her teen daughters as supermodels? I'll never forget her horrible attitude when Gigi mentioned wanting to play volleyball. She thought Gigi would be portrayed as a lesbian. Oh the horror! That's when I realized what a truly terrible person with dated attitudes she was and I never liked her after that. She then defended Brandi with the whole "Lisa brought the tabloids!" b.s. that we had to endure for an entire season. 

When it really comes down it, she was a vapid, insecure, and unhappy woman who didn't really bring anything to the show except her illness,  which turned out to be partly due to a blown out bolt-on. Did she not realize something was off? Maybe implants should come with a pressure monitoring system like for car tires! That way you know when one is going flat. 

I'm sure David didn't notice as you could tell he hadn't cared to look at or touch them in YEARS! Remember her embarrassing attempt at the "romantic" dinner in the lemon/cleansing ingredient orchard in her nighty with David looking like he would rather be with a man that her? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/7/2021 at 7:18 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Didn't she also end up with numerous parasites from some of the experimental herb supplements and treatments she tried? 

I don't remember that, but I wouldn't doubt it. She went out on every holistic limb she could find, and they didn't all seem hygenic.

• Love 3
(edited)

A very long, interesting read.

Mohamed Hadid (father of Bella and Gigi) has been trying to build an enormous compound on one of the most popular hiking spots in the Los Angeles area. What could go wrong?

Brazen development is common to the sprawling area, but this plan is singular: a mega-mansion gated community, hundreds of thousands of square feet, on a crest so steep that equipment must be brought by helicopter. The vision, according to documents seen by The New York Times, included 11 lavish estates (with one home totaling 100,000 square feet), a horse stable, helipad and three guard towers with 24-hour living spaces, bathrooms and kitchens.

While Mr. Hadid planned on a perch next to A-listers (Harry and Meghan Markle were among those to pass through), he seemingly ignored that the area is also prime real estate for wildfires, landslides and the threatened species in these Santa Monica Mountains.

Across Coldwater Canyon as the crow flies, Jeff Hyland, the doyen of the real estate firm Hilton & Hyland, whose property overlooks the demolished hillside, calls it “an absolute eyesore.”

Aesthetics aside, construction traffic and trucks barreling down tight streets in the area have caused multiple car accidents in recent years.

But despite a decade of work and a $25 million loan, the Icarus-like dream remains a scarred hillside whose fate rests in court.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/26/style/mohamed-hadid-franklin-canyon.html#click=https://t.co/PyHn2MP4jo

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

So far, in my binge of the early seasons, I'm on episode two of Season Three.

They've introduced Gigi.

Gotta love Yo's talking head (paraphrased):

"I'm not a stage mother. I find that to be disgusting."

Then in her next line to the MUA:

"Could you round out her eyes. I don't want her to look Chinese."

🥴🤨

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 2/14/2021 at 10:05 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't remember that, but I wouldn't doubt it. She went out on every holistic limb she could find, and they didn't all seem hygenic.

It’s been a whIle but I do remember she included photos of the parasites she um eliminated in her book. 
I believe she was ill. Like many others I think a lot of it had to do with her breast implants. Possibly even her teeth, as some people with dental implants (Dick Van Dyke spoke about this) get migraines, headaches from the metal screws which is why some are pushing the ceramic dental implants now. 
But what I found hard to watch and cringeworthy at times was the fall down the rabbit hole of woo science that unfortunately I know too well. When you’re sick and desperate for wellness AND have financial resources? It brings forth a lot of wolves hawking their cures. 

1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

So far, in my binge of the early seasons, I'm on episode two of Season Three.

They've introduced Gigi.

Gotta love Yo's talking head (paraphrased):

"I'm not a stage mother. I find that to be disgusting."

Then in her next line to the MUA:

"Could you round out her eyes. I don't want her to look Chinese."

🥴🤨

That and the volleyball lesbian comment was so cringe. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

That and the volleyball lesbian comment was so cringe. 

OMG, that one too.

Every one of the women, to a degree, lacks a filter. But Yolanda doesn't do well with avoiding the politically incorrect comments.

I'm about halfway through Season Three, and there's mess with Brandi talking shit about Adrienne and Paul.

I was surprised to see that Yo isn't featured as much, yet. She doesn't seem to have much in common with the others, and feels more like a "Friend of" rather than a main cast member.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Surrealist said:

OMG, that one too.

Every one of the women, to a degree, lacks a filter. But Yolanda doesn't do well with avoiding the politically incorrect comments

Or with the furniture movers and speaking English. I understood her point as I’ve lived abroad too but she went about it so wrong 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Or with the furniture movers and speaking English. I understood her point as I’ve lived abroad too but she went about it so wrong 

Oh geez I remember that! I'm sure she meant well, but I don't think she realizes most immigrants don't have quite the same experience as her, to put it mildly. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh geez I remember that! I'm sure she meant well, but I don't think she realizes most immigrants don't have quite the same experience as her, to put it mildly. 

She was correct about speaking the language giving you more opportunity but it came across as lecturing and very tone deaf as they’re arranging furniture in a multi million dollar property. 
Yolanda seems to suffer from the same thing many very wealthy do, they forget. She still sees herself as a simple Dutch girl who took on the world. 
The workers don’t have the same resources of opportunities that Yolanda did. If she wanted to preach about the languages she could’ve provided resources for them like oh this place has free classes. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

She was correct about speaking the language giving you more opportunity but it came across as lecturing and very tone deaf as they’re arranging furniture in a multi million dollar property. 
Yolanda seems to suffer from the same thing many very wealthy do, they forget. She still sees herself as a simple Dutch girl who took on the world. 
The workers don’t have the same resources of opportunities that Yolanda did. If she wanted to preach about the languages she could’ve provided resources for them like oh this place has free classes. 

Yolanda is kind of the queen of wanting so badly to be seen as a simple, down to earth chick, but she's been really rich for a really long time. And it showed. 

tumblr_mi6ssi3iAF1qlxyddo2_400.gifv

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yolanda is kind of the queen of wanting so badly to be seen as a simple, down to earth chick, but she's been really rich for a really long time. And it showed. 

tumblr_mi6ssi3iAF1qlxyddo2_400.gifv

This is a subject I’m really interested in. When you attain new wealth but don’t update your self concept 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Surrealist said:

"Volleyball is a very masculine sport. Modeling is a very feminine thing."

😳

Yolanda sounded like she had very traditional views on men and women. Women are supposed to be pretty and ladylike (nothing more ugly than a drunk woman!). Men need to make that $. 

I'm very accepting of everybody, but I'm personally a very feminine women and am attracted to traditionally masculine men. I wouldn't think twice if I had a daughter who played volleyball. Maybe it's because I'm an American or younger than Yolanda, IDK. There's nothing wrong with being a tomboy (or a lesbian), but I always had girly friends who played all kinds of sports. 

• Love 7

I remember recoiling at the volleyball comment but I can't remember if that came before or after the big going away party for Gigi where they presented her with a cake with her picture on it and then Yolanda having a near fit about how much Gigi could have.  If memory serves me correctly the girl didn't even get a decent mouthful.

• Love 10
On 9/10/2021 at 2:19 PM, RealHousewife said:

I'm very accepting of everybody, but I'm personally a very feminine women and am attracted to traditionally masculine men. I wouldn't think twice if I had a daughter who played volleyball. Maybe it's because I'm an American or younger than Yolanda, IDK. There's nothing wrong with being a tomboy (or a lesbian), but I always had girly friends who played all kinds of sports. 

I've never been a very feminine woman, but I'm also not athletic. I agree with you about Yolanda's comments. They took me right out for a bit. I guess I was expecting her to be more open-minded about that sort of thing. It was kind of jarring. 😂

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I'm in the middle of watching Season Five.

So far, Yolanda and David seem to have a good rapport. Plus she's age appropriate. 

What, exactly, happened to their marriage? I see that he refuses to discuss what went down. 🤨

Her illness and he rarely keeps spouses too long. He wanted a beautiful, present, adoring wife. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Her illness and he rarely keeps spouses too long. He wanted a beautiful, present, adoring wife. 

I was shocked that he lasted for almost 20 years with Linda Thompson.

All his wives, until Katharine McPhee, were pretty age appropriate. It's kind of weird. The shift.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

I was shocked that he lasted for almost 20 years with Linda Thompson.

All his wives, until Katharine McPhee, were pretty age appropriate. It's kind of weird. The shift.

Linda fascinates me! Did you read her book? 

His relationship with Katharine is so crazy to me

• Love 6
6 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Linda fascinates me! Did you read her book? 

His relationship with Katharine is so crazy to me

No, I haven't. But I'll have to check my local library. These past few years I've been reading more celeb memoirs and bios.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Surrealist said:

So far, Yolanda and David seem to have a good rapport. Plus she's age appropriate. 

What, exactly, happened to their marriage? I see that he refuses to discuss what went down. 🤨

In his documentary David said he'd never discuss the reason for the split out of respect for Yo's children. Word on the street is Yolanda has several clauses in her prenup about  not disclosing information and that if she was incapacitated in some way David would owe more.

Yolanda had her prenup to Mohamed declared null & void. Allegedly Yolanda claimed she was unable to care for herself and there was talk Mo cheated. 

10 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Linda fascinates me! 

I find her interesting, too. And it really bugged me when Yolanda clutched her pearls when she found out Linda might have a less-than flattering view of her ex-husband, then resorted to 'oh she's jelly she still loves him'. 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Yolanda had her prenup to Mohamed declared null & void. Allegedly Yolanda claimed she was unable to care for herself and there was talk Mo cheated. 

I guess it's cool that David kept his mouth shut out of respect for her kids. He easily could have badmouthed Yo publicly, or have gone the indirect route of planting stories in the tabs.

Yolanda, in one of her first talking heads, mentioned that Mo had committed infidelity, but they managed to remain good friends for the sake of their children.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, chick binewski said:

In his documentary David said he'd never discuss the reason for the split out of respect for Yo's children. Word on the street is Yolanda has several clauses in her prenup about  not disclosing information and that if she was incapacitated in some way David would owe more.

I find her interesting, too. And it really bugged me when Yolanda clutched her pearls when she found out Linda might have a less-than flattering view of her ex-husband, then resorted to 'oh she's jelly she still loves him'. 

7 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I guess it's cool that David kept his mouth shut out of respect for her kids. He easily could have badmouthed Yo publicly, or have gone the indirect route of planting stories in the tabs.

Yolanda, in one of her first talking heads, mentioned that Mo had committed infidelity, but they managed to remain good friends for the sake of their children.

She got sick. She talks about it in her book. Basically he lost his beautiful, subservient wife who centered her minutes around him. I was really repulsed when she wrote that he “married a lemon”. You’re a woman not a car! 
I also believe he thinks a lot of it was fake

Edited by LemonSoda
More
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

She got sick. She talks about it in her book. Basically he lost his beautiful, subservient wife who centered her minutes around him. I was really repulsed when she wrote that he “married a lemon”. You’re a woman not a car! 

I also believe he thinks a lot of it was fake

I don't mind Yo. I think she's pretty laid-back, especially around the other women.

But David came across as a jerk to me. He has some old-fashioned ideas about women, and yet he has daughters.

I wondered if, maybe, David didn't believe Yo was sick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I don't mind Yo. I think she's pretty laid-back, especially around the other women.

But David came across as a jerk to me. He has some old-fashioned ideas about women, and yet he has daughters.

I know Yolanda wasn't perfect, but I did prefer her to a lot of the others. She could be abrasive, but she wasn't a bully or cruel. 

I liked that when she met Kim she really embraced her and was kind. I think she picked up that Kim was vulnerable. 

Brandi said she carried a nasty pillow of Kim's while they were traveling and never complained.

She never trashed any woman that Mohamed cheated or allegedly cheated with (unlike Brandi). 

She could have gone off when Brandi made the disgusting comment about a very young Bella being an alcoholic, but she didn't. (Imagine if Brandi said something like that to Erika about her son!)

I couldn't figure out the deal between her and Vanderpump. I wasn't sure if she was jealous that her ex called Vanderpump his soulmate and was so enamored with her. Or maybe she felt Vanderpump was kinder to him and not truly her friend. 

I wonder if being ill affected her temperament with the women. I could see having less patience for Real Housewife shenanigans if you're sick. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

HUGE ego! And yes, he told her that her sick card was up. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I know Yolanda wasn't perfect, but I did prefer her to a lot of the others. She could be abrasive, but she wasn't a bully or cruel. 

I liked that when she met Kim she really embraced her and was kind. I think she picked up that Kim was vulnerable. 

Brandi said she carried a nasty pillow of Kim's while they were traveling and never complained.

She never trashed any woman that Mohamed cheated or allegedly cheated with (unlike Brandi). 

She could have gone off when Brandi made the disgusting comment about a very young Bella being an alcoholic, but she didn't. (Imagine if Brandi said something like that to Erika about her son!)

I couldn't figure out the deal between her and Vanderpump. I wasn't sure if she was jealous that her ex called Vanderpump his soulmate and was so enamored with her. Or maybe she felt Vanderpump was kinder to him and not truly her friend. 

I wonder if being ill affected her temperament with the women. I could see having less patience for Real Housewife shenanigans if you're sick. 

Lisa’s loyalties were to Mohamed. I don’t know the length of their friendship but there was a deep loyalty there. She even recommended him to everyone she knew who needed home improvements. (She was mentioned in the Stallone lawsuit)

I think Yolanda could be ignorant, tone deaf and clueless at times but she’s a nice person inside. She’s not you know taking her life’s problems out on anyone else. 

I also loved how she reused decor in all of her homes. 
in case anyone new here hasn’t read this 

https://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/2014_03_09_archive.htm

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

My take on LVP and Yo.

I think they were friends.  And then.  LVP chose doing a business thing instead of going to Yo's and painting a small picture for Gigi's dorm room.

I noticed a change.  Yo?  Seemed to take it personally that LVP put her business over Gigi.  She didn't seem quite as friendly after that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, dosodog said:

My take on LVP and Yo.

I think they were friends.  And then.  LVP chose doing a business thing instead of going to Yo's and painting a small picture for Gigi's dorm room.

I noticed a change.  Yo?  Seemed to take it personally that LVP put her business over Gigi.  She didn't seem quite as friendly after that. 

I think it had something to do with LVP not believing Yolanda has Lyme Disease. Yolanda said her kids had as well and was asking Mohammed was it true.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

Yolanda bullied Joyce for no reason and literally turned her back to her at the reunion and said she felt sorry for Joyce’s husband being married to her. She’s gross and I don’t believe she was as sick as she claimed. 

The women of the show were upset that LVP got a spin off and would use those cast members on Beverly Hills. Yo wanted a lifestyle spin off show and never got it. She cried salty tears.

• Love 11

She did get a modeling-coach spin-off. The show was really about Yolanda. She was constantly posing and the focus of the camera. There was one especially hilarious scene of her slowly descending on an escalator as she struggled to hold the perfect "candid" pose and angle.

The show was tone deaf and she came off as a vapid, controlling jerk.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Not only David but many in her life didn’t believe she was sick. I’m sure Mohamed snarked on it all with LVP. 
Even while reading Yolanda chronicle all her various weird treatments in her book you start to go um what? 
Mohamed wasn’t on board with many of her choices. He was upset when she took Anwar and Bella to Korea for stem cell treatments. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m someone who has multiple chronic diseases, one of which requires exploratory surgery for diagnosis (which I finally had 15 years after I diagnosed myself using Dr. Yahoo—this was before Google existed) and the rest were diagnosed based on symptoms and elimination of other diseases for which we do have tests. My severe pain has been dismissed by both my family and my doctors throughout my life. All that said, I still don’t believe Yolanda. Her symptoms and behavior never added up, even more so after two of her children (but not her perfect precious Gigi) also ended up diagnosed with it and underwent whacky treatments. I tend to think it was psychosomatic with some intentional exaggeration to avoid things she didn’t want to do rather than Munchausen’s (making herself sick knowing full well that she wasn’t) but I wouldn’t rule out the latter. I didn’t blame Lisa Rinna for questioning her (even if I think she used the wrong term) and many of us cheered her on at the time because she was saying out loud what most of the online audience was thinking and hoping one of her cast mates would say. I only started to dislike Rinna when she walked back her stance that Yolanda’s illness was fishy and then blamed LVP for her earlier suspicions. That’s when a majority of her internet fanbase turned against her from what I recall. 

LVP and Yolanda played nice when Yolanda first came on the show and I think LVP believed she would be an ally, which she was in the beginning, but I always thought Yolanda didn’t like LVP. There were little things she did and said that tipped me off from their first onscreen interaction on. Once Yolanda had Brandi firmly on her side, she finally felt comfortable turning on LVP. I think she and Brandi both thought they were popular enough to go after LVP not realizing that for a large portion of the audience their friendship with LVP was part of the reason they were so well liked. It was a huge miscalculation. Whatever you think of LVP, I don’t think it was right of Yolanda to go behind LVP’s back and try to take her down. Joyce revealed that Yolanda and Brandi tried to turn Joyce against LVP at the beginning of filming season 4 while they were both still being nice to LVP to her face and pretending to be her friend. It’s fine not to like someone but pretending to be her friend while stabbing her in the back says something very negative about their characters. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10